tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Oct 13, 2010
    I've been a big fan of rap and hip-hop since high school. I also like Rock (and a little country here and there), but when it comes to parties, Hip hop was always the thing. For this reason, I never understood why there wasn't a good hip-hop music game. Frankly, watching people playing Rock games at parties, I always thought that a great Hip-hop game would be a better party fit. Enter Def Jam Rapstar. This is perhaps the most fun party game I've ever played. Hands down. I broke it out at a party this past weekend, and within minutes, the whole room was going nuts. The music in the game is great - and seemed to appeal much better to men and women. But it was the camera component that really had people going. I don't know why, but once people realized that they were on camera, and we could edit the videos and then watch how good (or better put, how bad) we were, it took it to a whole different level. We played the game for hours and couldn't have had a better time - battling, duets....and mostly just making crazy videos.

And while that was fun, seeing the videos online the following morning was almost better. Friends who weren't with us that night were flat out jealous that they'd missed one of the best nights in recent memory. Maybe this was just our experience, but if what I experienced is any indicator, I think Def Jam Rapstar is going to go down as one of the best party games ever made. I can't wait to play it again.

1. Apr 6, 2011
    Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop with more than 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs available. For this reason it's not easy to play like other "karaoke" games. You can use your console camera to record your performances and share them with the fully integrated Def Jam Rapstar community at www.defjamrapstar.com.
  2. Jan 20, 2011
    It has its flaws, but if you like rap or hip-hop, you'll surely have fun, especially in multiplayer.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    Demanding, but with a fine track list and immaculate presentation. [Jan 2011, p.84]