7.0

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Terrible graphics, vehicle physics, and AI. The game bills itself as a massive open world but there really isn't much variety, or depth, in what you can do. Firefall is essentially the same game but is free, and does not charge for DLC.
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Hated this game. Not even a good effort. The graphics are already dated considering some of the games coming out recently, story is just bad and there's not really all that much to do... They might be able to save it with an huge overhaul patch, but i doubt it.
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    Terrible game. No tie in the show, no content, crappy vehicle dynamics, sub-par graphics, and shallow story. I give it two months til its totally irrelevant.
  4. Apr 6, 2013
    Score fallen by 2 in 4 days, It shows how crap this game is... Bad enemy intelligence, too difficult, group of raides can hit you from 100 meters but cannot from 5... Lot's of glitches and its price... 40 pounds... They probably wipe their asses with that money... DLC will cost unlike in amazing firefall... Dont buy this
  5. May 4, 2013
    This is easily the most frustrating video game experience of my 30+ years of gaming. Defiance is terribly broken. Since its launch, I have experienced countless audio problems, mic sync issues, lag, frame drop, connectivity issues, and console crashing. I have worked with Trion Worlds' technical support and have spent countless hours trying to fix this game, but it is simply unplayable. Defiance is simply a broken game by Trion's own admission. Their advice to me was to use a different PSN profile to play the game, buy a new console, and completely reconfigure my modem/router. Ridiculous and insulting! Please know that I own over 275 disc and dlc PS3 games and I have never encountered anything like this. And please believe that in the sporadic moments when the game actually did manage to work a little, it's an atrocity. Boring, repetitive, mundane, generic crap! Literally, this has been the worst gaming experience of my life. Period. Collapse
  6. May 4, 2013
    I am a big fan so far of the Defiance Tv show, and I think that the whole concept of having the game and the tv show tie in together probably worked great in theory; but in reality however Defiance the game just ends up being a boring grind consisting of pointless story missions and dumb fetch quests! Definitely not worth your hard earned 60 bucks.
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    I would rate it higher if I could actually see the enemies in the extremely low res textures on basically everything. I will admit I had a little bit of fun destroying an ark crystal with a group of human allies but I don't think I will keep this game (thankfully rented it from gamefly).

I could put up with the graphics by the way if the vehicle control was spot on but... it isn't
  8. Aug 29, 2013
    I want to like... no, I want to LOVE this game, but if we're talking about the experience of playing... well, what can I say about a game that won't run? I installed the game, updated with the 25 (25!) patches and was able to play for about 3 days.

Then, the first DLC came out. I have tried for more than a week and countless hours of keeping my PS3 on to update that latest patch, and
    it just isn't happening. I've tried all the suggestions Trion technical support offers... turn off the media thing, run a fix on the file system, delete the patch and start over... I got nothing. It just stays on for hours and nothing updates.

So, I really can't recommend this game. I want to. A post-apocalyptic MMO on my PS3 sounds AWESOME but when you can't play the game, it's just a big tease.

Glad I only spent 10 bucks.
  9. Aug 19, 2014
    Thanks to "Free to play" ok
    Overall, the game does not offer much to play it for days. The graphics are bad, the bugs (sound, bad AI, graphics errors) make this game a real headache for the nerves.
    I never would have paid for just one penny.
  10. May 4, 2013

1. The moronic AI is not the only thing which takes us back to the good old days of the PlayStation 2. Defiance looks horrible with its blurry textures, wooden animations and an all-devouring grey mist that swallows up the horizon. [May 2013, p.82]
  2. May 27, 2013
    Ugly and full of bugs, but also quite fun and possessing some good ideas - an interesting start for an MMO. [Issue#231, p.73]
  3. If Defiance were purely offline you wouldn’t look at it twice. Objects wink out of existence, characters have little weight, and unless you’re in a team the enemies are tough. But it will get under your skin. [June 2013, p74]