• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Oct 6, 2009
8.7

1. Aug 1, 2012
    Probably the best game I've played this generation.
    Difficult and addictive, does not just keep playing until you finish the game, but until you get the platinum!
  2. Jun 20, 2014
    A true masterpiece. The atmosphere here is just unbelievable. The sense of loneliness and despair follows your every step on this dangerous journey. The game has some interesting (some of them flawed though) mechanics and an unsurpassed combat system. Every PS3 owner should at least try this exclusive.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    It is one of the best action rpg games ever made but didn't need to be that unforgiving it doesn't make it better but that's just me. Having said that it's a great and immersive game which must be played by all hardcore gamers. Especially them.
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is definitely not for everyone. It's hard, it's unforgiving but i liked it very much ! I have finished it more than 3 times ! One of my best ps3 game !
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    Though there are a lot of glitches in the game, you will spend plentyof hours with your friends and others going throught the levels and getting the best weapons. Graphics are perfect for this game and gameplay is also good. A nice take on a RPG.
  6. Nov 18, 2012
    Gameplay - 10/10. Graphics - 10/10. Sound - 6.5/10. Overall - 8.8/10. It
  7. May 1, 2014
    Been a hardcore gamer for 30 years and I gotta say this series is like no other I've played. Growing up on games with 3 lives and no continues or clues (or internet), it certainly is not nearly as hard as people say, but it is difficult in it's own special way. If you let it it will suck you in and hold on like very few games can. Too many games focus on story and hand-holding. ThisBeen a hardcore gamer for 30 years and I gotta say this series is like no other I've played. Growing up on games with 3 lives and no continues or clues (or internet), it certainly is not nearly as hard as people say, but it is difficult in it's own special way. If you let it it will suck you in and hold on like very few games can. Too many games focus on story and hand-holding. This one puts gameplay and atmosphere front and center, just like the good ol' days. I wish I was playing it right now. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2013
    What's great about Demon's Souls is that it always gives you a choice of what you'd like to do. There are so many things to do, and the game never forces you to travel down a single linear path. The only downside to the game may be that some enemies are slightly imbalanced, and it is also possible for you to screw up your play-through and be forced to restart. But even after restarting theWhat's great about Demon's Souls is that it always gives you a choice of what you'd like to do. There are so many things to do, and the game never forces you to travel down a single linear path. The only downside to the game may be that some enemies are slightly imbalanced, and it is also possible for you to screw up your play-through and be forced to restart. But even after restarting the game twice, I still felt like defeating some of the bosses I'd already killed, just to progress to the very end. It was a fun experience throughout. Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2013
    O jogo foi uma descoberta incrível de um sistema muito divertido de se jogar. Indo na contra mão de todos os grandes jogos lançados, a dificuldade é sua maior marca. Me fez gastar muitas e muitas horas de puro prazer até conquistar a platina.
  10. Oct 16, 2013
    I've played some difficult games lately, but this is on a whole different level. This is not a negative thing, and I feel like you'd have to play it to understand the depth of this statement It's a beautifully crafted game that demands your undivided attention and forces you to recall gamer skills that you proably haven't used in more than a decade
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    Played this game in late 2013 since I got a ps3 just few weeks ago. Dark souls is my first souls game, I spent over 1000 hours in it and I am still loving it. The person who recommended dark souls to me holds a high praise on demon's souls. So I have a high expectation before actually played the game.
    I have to say I finally understand why so many people says dark souls reuse a lot of bosses and areas from Demon's souls, it is true! The core mechanism is the same, the tune feels familiar. That being said I absolutely enjoy the game. I platinumed it in two weeks! I felt that farming upgrade stones in this game is one of worst in the series which means it will take ages for some builds getting the best weapon...
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    Demon's Souls is not a game that I would recommend for those with little patience and a big temper; however, if those qualities do not apply to the individual then this game is highly enjoyable and very rewarding. The game-play is very well crafted and easy to master. The rpg elements such as leveling, stores, and diverse enemies (with the exclusion of a strong story) are build upon aDemon's Souls is not a game that I would recommend for those with little patience and a big temper; however, if those qualities do not apply to the individual then this game is highly enjoyable and very rewarding. The game-play is very well crafted and easy to master. The rpg elements such as leveling, stores, and diverse enemies (with the exclusion of a strong story) are build upon a solid foundation. The reason many are strongly attracted to this game is because of the high difficultly of it. Even the weakest of enemies in this game will kill you regardless of your level. This game promotes caution and rewards those who are persistent in their efforts with greater rewards. This game also has a new game plus mode though it doesn't appear in the main menu (you automatically start again after beating the game). With the plus mode the game's difficulty increases from 100% to 240% and then continues to increase by 40% after each playthrough. This is essentially the COD multiplayer of the rgs, nearly the same thing every time but far more rewarding and satisfying if can endure the everlasting agony of always dying. Expand
  13. Sep 19, 2013
    A breath of fresh air for the “non-casual” gamer.
    Nowadays most game developers' target audience is the “casual gamer”.
    A breath of fresh air for the “non-casual” gamer.
    Nowadays most game developers' target audience is the “casual gamer”.
    The casual gamer is like a normal human being, except incredibly stupid. The casual gamer has the patience and mental capacity of a four-year-old. When presented with a choice, such as two possible paths, and not provided blatant evidence implying the consequences of each path in advance, the casual gamer will panic. They will begin to foaming at the mouth, shaking violently, and sobbing. If the casual gamer encounters a challenge and fails, they do not learn from their failure. They will continue trying to employ the same strategy, and failing, until they grow old and die, because the casual gamer lacks the basic human facilities to recognize signals and patterns that are necessary for human beings to exist and function in the world.
    Demon's Souls is not made for the casual gamer. If you're sick and tired of excessive hand holding, objective markers, shallow can't-go-wrong builds, constant cinematics, linearity, typical multiplayer mechanics, and general lack of difficulty, look no further. This is a game made for gamers who can learn from their mistakes and enjoy a challenge. It's also one of the most innovative and unique games ever conceived. It's developers like From Software that keep gaming alive for those of us with brains.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    There simply aren't any other RPGs out there like this one. It's an absolute masterpiece when it comes to almost every aspect of the game. It is really hard to go back and play a regular hack and slash game after playing Demon's Souls.
  15. Apr 7, 2014
    Welcome back to the eighties? Demon's Souls is a definite return to the challenging aspects of video games which was quite common among the Nintendo Entertainment System. The whole "trial and error" game-play is where Demon's Souls stands out in comparison to the majority of current video games. While there is a noticeable lack of content based on role-playing game standards, there's stillWelcome back to the eighties? Demon's Souls is a definite return to the challenging aspects of video games which was quite common among the Nintendo Entertainment System. The whole "trial and error" game-play is where Demon's Souls stands out in comparison to the majority of current video games. While there is a noticeable lack of content based on role-playing game standards, there's still a lot to do and a lot to replay due to the revolutionary online and the ability to create different builds to play throughout the game over and over again. Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive, so beware, if you're anything like me and you already deeply fell in love with Dark Souls on PC you might end up buying the entire PS3 system exclusively just to play this masterpiece, and that's my only complaint this gem needs to be multiplatform. But is it actually worth it? Absolutely! This is every bit as good as Dark Souls, maybe not as elaboratedDemon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive, so beware, if you're anything like me and you already deeply fell in love with Dark Souls on PC you might end up buying the entire PS3 system exclusively just to play this masterpiece, and that's my only complaint this gem needs to be multiplatform. But is it actually worth it? Absolutely! This is every bit as good as Dark Souls, maybe not as elaborated in some aspects (covenants are not present yet, Nexus hub instead of cleverly connected world..), but in some other aspects it even surpasses it's sequel (better soundtrack, multiplayer stability thanks to dedicated servers instead of p2p). Everything else is on the same level of exquisite quality as Dark Souls beautiful worlds (especially Boletarian Palace and Shrine of Storms), amazing level design, dark atmosphere, epic boss battles (Tower Knight, Old Hero), addictive gameplay and challenging difficulty (even though if you're coming from Dark Souls, this might be mostly a cakewalk.) Souls series is becoming a true legend. 10/10 Expand
  17. Dec 31, 2013
    This is system-seller for Ps3 and one of the best games of this generation. Very deep, very classy and very oldschool: we want more games today like this! :)
    It's a '90s RPG with '10s graphics, so difficult, so "it makes me a psychopath" game, but totally awesome and fresh in today's "more action than RPG" RPG's. :)
    I
    WANT
    MORE!!!
    :D
  18. Apr 1, 2014
    The game is almost 5 years old, and people are still playing and talking about it. This instantly says something about the game. I bought the game simply because of the hype surrounding it, and because I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls. At first, I didn't like it nearly as much as its spiritual successor, but after a few hours, it really started to grow on me. Before I knew it, I was 50 hoursThe game is almost 5 years old, and people are still playing and talking about it. This instantly says something about the game. I bought the game simply because of the hype surrounding it, and because I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls. At first, I didn't like it nearly as much as its spiritual successor, but after a few hours, it really started to grow on me. Before I knew it, I was 50 hours in, and still having a ball with just PvE. The game does show it's age with the somewhat clunky combat and below average character models, but it will intrigue fans of Dark Souls greatly. In all honesty, I prefer the single player aspect of this game over that of Dark Souls. It's atmosphere and intense fights are leagues above its predecessor.
    Pros: - Boss fights (Each boss in the game is incredibly intense, with fair but challenging AI and movesets)
    - Exploration (Due to the 'levels' rather than open-world, players are more willing to explore the dark world of Demon's Souls, and are rewarded greatly for doing so)
    - Story (The story is quite deep and intriguing, and I found myself having troubles putting down the controller to simply know what would happen next)
    - Leveling system (It's well-balanced, and grinding is not necessary to make a viable character)
    Cons: - Combat (While more than usable, the combat system is not as quick and varied as many modern gamers would expect)
    Overall, the game is one of the best I've ever played. The deep story and role-playing, intense boss fights, and incredible sense of exploration show the masterful quality of the game. Perhaps the best part of it is the sense of satisfaction after beating a tremendous boss. From Software has created a masterpiece, and continues to do so with the Dark Souls series. If you are a fan of Dark Souls, or want a refreshing experience, pick up this 5 year old game which blows so many others out of the water.
  19. Apr 6, 2014
    Game is toooooo easy 13/22 bossed done, and have not died more than once per each boss :)

Awesome game still a classic, just seems a little too easy for me :)
  20. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is really weird at first with the super derpy, greasy character creation but afterwards it proves to be an amazing game with great scenery, unique looking monsters, and really cool equipment. This game has a different feel about it in comparison to both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, it just feels fun and interesting throughout the entire game. Now the PvE is really nice and theThis game is really weird at first with the super derpy, greasy character creation but afterwards it proves to be an amazing game with great scenery, unique looking monsters, and really cool equipment. This game has a different feel about it in comparison to both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, it just feels fun and interesting throughout the entire game. Now the PvE is really nice and the NG+ difficulty is good too but, the PvP can be very one sided when it comes to fight a mage with tons of buffs that can just one-shot you or a cleric with mountains of regeneration flipping around with a great axe constantly hitting you without a chance of you winning, but other then that the PvP is pretty fun. Expand
  21. Jun 21, 2014
    I almost feel ashamed that I am just now playing this game. This is a masterpiece and it's been a long time since I really felt challenged in a game. The environments are amazing with a hopeless feeling to them. There is so much to do and so many different ways to play this game that you can keep coming back to this game over and over. There are times when I get frustrated with this gameI almost feel ashamed that I am just now playing this game. This is a masterpiece and it's been a long time since I really felt challenged in a game. The environments are amazing with a hopeless feeling to them. There is so much to do and so many different ways to play this game that you can keep coming back to this game over and over. There are times when I get frustrated with this game but it's usually because I try to rush a part and pay for it with my souls.

The game requires patience (which many people lack these days) but it really does require skill as well. If you want a challenge, try this game out. You will not be disappointed.
  22. Sep 21, 2014
    El primero de la saga y el mejor. Vino de tapado, sin hype ninguno y es indescriptible las sensaciones que me produjo al jugarlo. Las satisfacciones que te da al ir superando monstruos finales son inmensas. Uno de mis favoritos de la ya pasada generación, una joya atemporal. No probarlo por lo menos un pecado para cualquier hardcore gamer.
  23. Oct 25, 2014
    Heheheh i remember how much thought i gave to getting this game, the legendary difficulty was a little intimidating and overall saw both nice and bad reviews about it.

Yes, the game's hard, but not impossible, everyone with patience and dedication can beat it eventually. This has to be my favorite souls encarnation, all 3 of them so far are incredible, but always go back to this one,

This has to be my favorite souls encarnation, all 3 of them so far are incredible, but always go back to this one, thanks to the story (by far the best by a BIG margin) characters and level design. The difficult here seems more "intelligent" than in dark souls and surely than dk2. This game is way shorter than them but thats not a bad thing at all, is cool for frequent replays. The boletaria castle area is one of the best levels ive played in my life, is a testament of the imagination of the creators,it can be said they had great fun in doing it.
    This is also the darkest of the souls games, is unbeatable, even if dk world is bigger and nicer overall.

One of the best games of its generations, in my top10 of ps3 for sure, never played it but played the other souls games? GET THIS NOW.
    Is almost perfect.

1. Demon's Souls: Unbelievably hard and unbelievably satisfying at the same time. If you accomplish to get through your initial rage attacks, you will experience an outstanding action-RPG with a tense and dark atmosphere.
    Beyond the initial threat of difficulty there waits a remarkable combination of accessibility and challenge, of risk and reward, punishment and empowerment.
  3. It's stoic, uncompromising, difficult to get to know, but also deep, intriguingly disturbed and perversely rewarding. You can learn to love Demon's Souls like few other games in the world. But only if you're prepared to give yourself over to it. [JPN Import]