Destiny PlayStation 3

4.5

1. Sep 9, 2014
    Currently 5 hours in and I'm already beginning to stare at my paint drying rather then fulfil another "fetch questy" type mission with all the enthusiasm of an exorcism.

Yes the missions in this game are pretty much cut/paste/glue "lets go down the pub lads job well done" -_- Don't get me started on the enemy types, but if you like fighting deranged AI that looks like it just crawled

Don't get me started on the enemy types, but if you like fighting deranged AI that looks like it just crawled out of George Lucas's basement with a different slap of paint of them as you trudge through the game then more power to you.

If you're a fan of Peter Dinklage then you will probably hate me for this but his performance was a little 'weak' now I'm not too sure if it's intended that way but he does come across as disinterested and poorly executed to boot.

Besides that the game looks great, excellent guns (the way they shoot/recoil etc) very tight gameplay, but I feel this rushed and not the game we all thought it could be
  2. Sep 9, 2014
    Short and simple review.
    It's an MMO. if you don't like FPS MMO's Don't buy it!
    it's not 'Revolutionary' but not bad. so the normal(generic) MMO rule will apply: -repetitive -online only -very basic story -their version of 'Difficult' is more bad guys, with more HP, and more damage, and faster attacks -Pretty dumb AI (challenge stems from mainly just staying alive, and hiding)
    Short and simple review.
    It's an MMO. if you don't like FPS MMO's Don't buy it!
    it's not 'Revolutionary' but not bad.

so the normal(generic) MMO rule will apply:
    -repetitive
    -online only
    -very basic story
    -Pretty dumb AI (challenge stems from mainly just staying alive, and hiding)
    -you can run around and 'explore' but there not much to find

So if you hate MMO tropes just don't buy it.

(also the FOV is super low, like 45 or something, eww)

But what it dose offer is a hard difficulty, not just missions marked as hard,
    but the ability to replay levels with more challenge, and the ability to take on missions that are above your level.

And that's where the real enjoyment comes in (for me at least)
    the main game is SUPER EASY, I've solo'd every area so far up to level 9.
    and from the first Area I got 95+% of my kills from melee,
    I'd stab a few, and if I get hit, hide behind a rock for a few seconds then continue.
    That was fun for a while, but kind of got boring.

But jump into a higher level area, and you'll not only get stronger enemies, but they are much better at tracking you down, so you have to keep moving from cover to cover in order to keep from being killed.
    and if you die in a 'dark zone' then you keep the EXP, but you have to start the area over again, without having your ammo recovered!
    Waste all your shotgun shells on that wizard?
    too bad! you have to try again, without the shotgun.

it's just too bad you can't play the whole game like that.
    like have an option to just skip to hard mode without beating the levels that start on 'normal'
    but after a few hours they open up more options,
    but why could it not start like that?

Anyway, it's a cool game, but you have to put some time in before you can get to what I would consider to be the more fun stuff.

It's pretty fun, but I can't see it lasting as long as some of the bigger MMO's
    I will definitely not be still playing this this time next year.
    even with expansion packs.
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    If you're a fan of repetitive games, you'll love Destiny. You get to shoot people over and over again for no reason. There's nothing to do in freeroam.
  4. Sep 9, 2014
    You might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it'sYou might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it's trying to be Halo, but with horribly repetitive quests/missions that makes the game bland and uninteresting. Re-visit the same locations over and over in "Old Russia" and fight the same types of enemies. Sense of character progression is missing and nearly existent, despite the skill tree. It's missing all of the charm and fun that games like Borderlands 2 deliver on and feels like another generic shooter that's trying to be an MMO (eg. Defiance). With the limitations on voice chat, it leaves you feeling as if you are playing alone or with A.I. and without that MMO "feel" or interesting story to speak of, it ends up feeling like you're playing some fancy Free-To-Play shooter like Warframe. Expand
  5. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is Fantastic. It reminds me of the first Assassins Creed game, not because of gameplay but because of initial flack it received from the gamer community. Will this new IP appeal to every player right off the bat? No, but it will develop a following that will look forward to any materials released later in the series.

This is an excellent shooter, with elements that let me

This is an excellent shooter, with elements that let me adjust my character to serve my playing style. The class system is good, and maybe with more classes and customization this game could be "Legend". Currently most people are running the same character builds, and it makes it hard for me to have the identity that I want in a game like this.

The loot system is good, and could be better if there were more chests to open up. (Maybe I just can't find them). I can equip the guns I want to have, rather than most shooters where I am limited to a very few types of arms. So this easily beats out the vast majority of Shooters I have played when it comes to playing how I want to. Which is important in a game like this.

Something this game could add to make the experience more personal would be player houses, or pets. This game should be more about individuality.

This game has excellent music, and the voice acting from Dinklage is nice fan service for the nerd community.

The levels can feel repetitive, but if you have ever played an MMO it is not as bad as the vast majority of them. Skyrims dungeons were mostly the same, but that did not stop it from being a great game.

This game feels better when playing with friends, and if you lack friends you can meet people to form sorties or make guilds. Occasionally Solo players will be forced to sortie up around Boss Time, and that can be annoying.

Overall Bungie delivered exactly what they promised, a fresh new IP with great gameplay. We can always ask for more, but that does not prevent this game from being one of the best games of the year.
  6. Sep 24, 2014
    The level design in this game is awful. Bosses are copy-pasted and don't give any drops worthwhile, making grinding an unfortunate must in this game. Mission objectives are always the same, and no lore is provided.
  7. Dec 5, 2014
    Destiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by theDestiny is a beautiful shell of a game which promises greatness and delivers tedium. The lead writer quit a year before release, one of the major composers was fired without cause, and the remaining developers are completely out of touch with their community. The longer you play, the more you realize how small and devoid of content the game is. Almost all of the promises made by the developers have been broken, and it is clear that they do not value the time invested in the game by their players. Do not buy this game. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    For me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracingFor me in all honesty regardless of how I felt about the experience that is Destiny, that does not dilute the reality that Activision (not to be confused with Bungie) betrayed us due to corporate decisions to the tune of "What will make us more money?" Obviously the entire point of the industry just like any other industry is to make money, but at what cost, your fans loyalty, disgracing the art that this industry has become? The outlook on the future of this industry is very grave if this is what the new generation is gonna be. Activision screwed up with Destiny. Ubisoft screwed up with Assassins Creed Unity and some others. Not sure about EA, not really a big fan of them. Microsoft screwed up with the kinect. Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U. Sony screwed up with the vita. All of these have been followed up with a slow vindication, or are still trying to find a solution to their issues. If all the big companies release their products half-assed, and release the second half at extra cost, and people just continue to buy it, that tells them that its ok and we agree with this. People need to stand against this or we wont be getting many good games any time soon Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2014
    Boring extrememly repetitive bollix, I should have went back to COD. I've played through story with the 3 different character classes , THERE IS NO STORY! Multi is decent but still not worth buying, rubbish game overall.
  10. Nov 8, 2014
    I give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you willI give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you will find yourself out-matched by higher level players which truly have a huge advantage. Their are guns that are simple over powered and they are starting weapons which leaves players with the response "if you can't beat them join them".
    The diversity in the weapons is great but again, it leaves the lower levels at a big disadvantage not being able to wield the high level weapons. If that is not enough for you, the perks; higher level players have, can leave low levels at the player mercy. Their is no skill base ranking system that you would expect from a Bungie game, which after 343's attempt at Halo 4, you would almost certainly expect their to be one.

Again not a bad game but not the legacy game we all anticipated!
  11. Dec 9, 2014
    cant belive i spended about 8 days of play time on a game company that only cares about money
    repeating the SAME MISSIONS OVER and OVER and OVER again , i play solo ( alone) but the game force me to play with 5 other players to complete a "raid" but the problem is that there is NO in game method to find a team , so you have to go to there fourm and sign up and write a thread so maybe some people will join you (5) people but mostly not , or visit a third party website i.e chat to gather a team but why we spend the time outside more than inside the game! , also there is a lot of errors in the game that the funny thing they call them by Animals/Fruit name ( because there is a lot ) also the support is useless all what they can tell you is turn off and turn on your router or forward your ports wich i did but didnt resolve anything or they tell you we are working on fixing it ( they didnt fix the crucibleconstantly low signal i even dont think they even work on it ) , and with the new DLC (9th december ) i have to dismantle my 8 days of play gear on all characters and start all over again ) and there is a lot of thing i didnt wrote and im sorry for my bad english and if i make it long , this is my fellings on the game .
  12. Jan 16, 2015
    Yet another online shooter where connection speed, timing, and pure luck make more of a difference than actual skill. If you like pulling your hair and screaming at your television over a video game, then maybe this is for you. Otherwise, find something else.
  13. mDC
    Feb 19, 2015
    I've been playing Destiny on PS3 for 2 weeks now. My game time is around 22 hours now, my character is level 25. The game still does make fun mostly, because of the excellent gameplay, BUT....
    It really gets repetitive at least after the pretty lame story-section. To be clear: The story missions itself are really repetitive as well.. Goto XY -> Insert Ghost here -> Fight off a varying number of enemy waves
    But from there on the game is solely based on Strikes and Raids. Both are multiplayer with a varying number of companions. You have to play those missions on your level (light-level above the normal level maximum of 20 is achieved with gear) or above to get better equipment. It happens a lot that people in your team suddenly disappear and then you're on your own (and most of these missions cannot been beaten alone).
    So why a rating of 5 and nothing below?
    I got the game for 33 USD and I am going to play the game with friends and colleagues from work for at least a couple of hours. After all I still haven't played the Strikes and Raids above my level. So the game is entertaining me at least >= 33 hours, which will be around a maximum of 1$/h. I think this is fair.

PS: What really grinds my gears is the fact that the game has absolutely nothing from the game that Bungie initially promised. This is just sad.
  14. Oct 4, 2014
    Repeating , random loot drops , endless unbearable grinding and no matchmaking. These are the problems the game has. Oh i forgot THE GOD DAMN STORY IS DIVIDED INTO DLCs. If you thought CoD is the most corporate game of all times , wait until you play this dog food.
  15. Sep 10, 2014
    Destiny is an a MMO FPS with no social chat system, very limited character customization, no trade system or player housing. Bungie made this game for the FPS community but will have to appease the MMO players if it wants Destiny to survive.
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    Boring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, exceptBoring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, except Mass Effect 3. Where is the old Bungie I used to know? The one that loved to make GAMES?? Now they only love making MONEY. Expand
  17. Sep 15, 2014
    This is the next FPS from the guys who made Halo, with some poorly implemented MMO elements. Many of the user reviewers have clearly never played a MMO, and this has all the repetitive enemies, quests, and town runs for rewards MMO players are used to, without the diversity in gameplay most MMOs offer - This game is ONLY shooting. For anyone thinking this is a RPG you will beThis is the next FPS from the guys who made Halo, with some poorly implemented MMO elements. Many of the user reviewers have clearly never played a MMO, and this has all the repetitive enemies, quests, and town runs for rewards MMO players are used to, without the diversity in gameplay most MMOs offer - This game is ONLY shooting. For anyone thinking this is a RPG you will be disappointed. All 3 classes are shooting classes, and all your new abilities just make you shoot better despite Warcraft lifted class names like "Warlock", and powers like "Voidwalker". The gameplay is a series of shoot-outs, well done, but very repetitive with little deviation. You play on a series of large maps with extremely repetitive structures and environments, so it does not have that open world feel at all. All the cool fights are instanced, and you can only group with your existing friends even though other solo players are in the environment. There is no block system, so crouching behind barricades is your defense. Parts of this game are horrible attempts at things that are the norm in other genres. The story is not as clear as Halo, but feels like Halo. The shooting and graphics are really good. Another user review said "deceptive marketing", and I couldn't agree more. Expand
  18. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is not bad, it doesn't deserve a zero, but i understand why people tends to get down all the 10 notes also. The fact is Destiny is for the moment a simple FPS with some leveling and gear, as was Borderlands. It has good gameplay , except for the AI to be somewhat basic, and lacks diversity on ennemies. It is very repetitive though , no real MMO aspect due to the fact you can'tThis game is not bad, it doesn't deserve a zero, but i understand why people tends to get down all the 10 notes also. The fact is Destiny is for the moment a simple FPS with some leveling and gear, as was Borderlands. It has good gameplay , except for the AI to be somewhat basic, and lacks diversity on ennemies. It is very repetitive though , no real MMO aspect due to the fact you can't really communicate with other people and no real teamwork is required except ressurecting your allies, so why not implementing solo offline so we can pause when needed and not suffer network issues ? i understand bungie wants it online only but for the very limited possibility we get from it, i can't see why. In Borderlands you could also coop up to 4 players online , nothing new there. Also if graphics are awesome on next gen consoles, and i saw videos that proves it, for the PS3 the resolution downgrade with aliasing and blur filter makes 3D ugly despite good designed characters and landscapes, so i guess it was intended for next gen and they didn't put many effort on the old gen graphic ports, really graphics are bad like if you set Guild Wars 2 to "high performance/low quality" for example, same result. PS3 can do better and has already made in terms of 3D.
    So..... not a bad game for fps lovers, but nothing really new for a title that promised us awesomeness. A friend of mine possess the game and share his account with me so i'm not the complaining guy that wants its money back. I just thinks that if bungie doesn't delivers lots of improvements in little time, and i mean free updates and real players response improvements, i can understand why some players will be furious, and i thinks it might be a flop worth 500 M$ of mainly marketing promises, coz players will go on other games for sure, games that tries to improve video game offering. As for what you can offer in 2014 with just more powerfull machines, is another debate.
  19. Sep 11, 2014
    Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me.Wanted, like everyone else, to be excited for this. When I first heard and read about it, it seemed like a great premise with some exciting gameplay to boot. Unfortunately once I read the news that it wasn't going to launch with the whole solar system available and that you don't actually control your own ship. I knew it was going to be a major let down. The beta only confirmed it for me. Proves that the gaming business only cares about rushing out products for max profitability. Not to mention all this DLC bonus junk. 60 for something half-assed is a scam. No one should support it. They say it cost 500 million to make? Outright lie. A couple other reasons for the score? Repetitive missions. Abysmal weapons. Terrible enemies. Tacky menu system. List goes on. Will hold out for The Evil Within and Alien Isolation. The latter being the best bang for buck this Halloween. Trick or treat. Expand
  20. Sep 14, 2014
    Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2 other players and the socail aspect sucks, it is not an adventure game either (forget everything you heard about Mass Effect, because it's not), it is just a boring FPS, far from Halo or Borderlands. What a waste. Expand
  21. Oct 6, 2014
    Easily the most disappointing game I have ever played. I played Destiny every day for about two to six hours a session for almost a month hoping that it would get better…it never did. I deleted this game last night and I vow I will never buy another title from Bungie or Activision anytime in the near future and I do not care how good the reviews are. I want my $60 back!

The character

The character generator is lack luster to say the least and considering you and everyone else in the game are wearing helmets 99% of the time what is the point. Your character has no special back-story or traits nor at anytime while playing Destiny will you ever feel any special attachment to your character, as they are just a cog in the machine, senselessly grinding away.

Secondly, the ship you purchase, regardless of how much you spend, will serve no other purpose than to be a loading screen. How pathetic, at minimum your character should be able to deck out their spacecraft, call down an airstrike or go inside and use the ship for crafting weapons upgrades, something, anything besides just being a floating turdy loading screen.

Leveling is stupid as hell as each mission is the same as the last. “Go to X on your map while clearing out small pockets of enemies along the way. Once at X use your Ghost to open a door or unlock a tricky computer code. While your Ghost is doing that hold off swarms of enemies that slowly increase in difficulty until a “boss”, character shows up that looks exactly like the regular guys. Kill boss.” Rinse and repeat. And then once you beat the game you get to experience the joy of running the exact same missions all over again just on a higher difficulty setting which merely means the enemies have more hp and fire more powerful weapons however, they react exactly the same and look exactly the same as their lower level counterparts.

Destiny’s storyline is completely nonexistent. What little story that is present is ripped straight from RIFT the MMORPG. The comparison is unavoidable “You were dead, but have been given a second chance, brought back to life by a mysterious force in the future to battle a new growing evil.” Sound familiar? Even the names of the good and bad forces in the game are strikingly all too similar. Rift has Guardians and Defiant while Destiny has Guardians and Fallen. Even after beating the game, you are still left feeling as if giant chunks are missing from the story, which will be revealed later in paid updates.

PVP is complete garbage as the teams are always unbalanced because of the screwed up team balancing system. There will be six players on one team and three on the other. Gear score (defense) means nothing, regardless of how much you grind for gear. You can be decked out in purples and blues and still get one shot by an entry level player in green and grey gear wielding a shotgun.

High level PVE is a joke, as I mentioned earlier, all you do is run the same missions you ran to level up your character just on higher difficulties. Within a few days, you are burnt out from the repetition. The patrol missions can be thrown in to spice things up a bit, but what is the point considering they garner you nothing special after completion. And guess what? Every mission and patrol has your character starting in the exact same location on the map every single time! Every single god damn time!

Destiny was advertised as a socially engaging, ever changing, open world environment, which is complete **** The maps are small and within a few patrol missions, you will have discovered and seen everything Destiny has to offer. You do not feel any type of social connection with other players except rarely when an “event” takes place, which again, is a direct rip off of RIFT’s Rift openings. These events are again repetitious and annoyingly similar to everything else you have been doing in the game already.

The gear may be the most egregious error as you will spend literally 20 to 30 hours grinding just to get a purple codex only to have it open up and be a shard or a weapon that you do not use. Worse yet, if you are lucky enough to get a legendary to drop that you can use, once equipped it looks exactly the same as your standard weapon. I found myself face palming and screaming repeatedly as I put on the new gear only to see the new epic gear looked identical to the gear it just replaced.

Destiny promoted itself as a FPS/MMORPG; however, in reality it is nothing more than Call of Duty in space.

I will finish by saying that out of shear annoyance, disappointment and rage at this game I broke a controller nearly in half. This game will piss you off and leave you feeling like you are just spinning your wheels as there is no big payoff…ever.
  22. Sep 18, 2014
    Finally A game that looks and feels like halo on a sony device by the way anyone noticed a master chief like visor head as a sleek halo reference.However the story was pretty nice the game in the sense of the gameplay was a huge letdown.
  23. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been trying to grasp which game I previously played reminds of Destiny, and the closest I can think of is Infinity Blade from iOS. Both games have impressive production values, and fun gameplay mechanics. Both also rely too much on grinding repetitive missions to upgrade your character and weapons and have a random loot system. In a platform like iOS, a game like Infinity Blade isI have been trying to grasp which game I previously played reminds of Destiny, and the closest I can think of is Infinity Blade from iOS. Both games have impressive production values, and fun gameplay mechanics. Both also rely too much on grinding repetitive missions to upgrade your character and weapons and have a random loot system. In a platform like iOS, a game like Infinity Blade is forgivable, but in a console it wouldn't last a week. That's the main problem with Destiny. It is a shame that on such a solid foundation, the game falls into some bad, and sometimes, completely amateurish design decisions. The multiplayer is a good example. The maps are fun, the gunplay is outstanding, the pace is perfect. Yet, the whole experience is ruined by its lack of balance. Despite what the developer says, you'll be canon fodder entering multiplayer with a low level character and low-level guns. The variety of the guns themselves are limited to random stat points. The amount of launch maps are not even enough to hold the game for more than a few weeks. That brings the issue of the lack of content, the shallowness of the story, the bosses that require little strategy but to empty magazine after magazine for what seems an eternity. These, and other elements, taint the game's potential to be awesome.

Sure, Destiny is fun to play, but there's not a lot to do in the game after the endless grinding settles. It is an incomplete game, you're paying full price for. It's a $40 game priced at $60, plus the extra dough for the expansions. For lack of a better word, it's a ripoff.
  24. Sep 18, 2014
    My oh my if you need a really expensive coaster fer your coffee table this is it. i can find no reason to justify paying for this game.If it was free i still would not play..unfortunatley i payed don't make the same mistake..Definetly screwing the peopels here.. i play mmo and mmofps this has got to be in my top 5 worst. if you purchased this poop you have my sympathy..
  25. Sep 12, 2014
    Alot like Borderlands but also reminds me of a cheap knock off of ME series. I guess others wont agree but I did not like ME at all so this game made me happy I rented it. 2 hours was enough
  26. Sep 12, 2014
  27. Sep 15, 2014
    this is my THIRD review of the game, i had given it a 8 but now im dropping that to a 5/10. here is why

i have this very minute finished the game and i can assure you its a huge let down, i had to actually YouTube the ending to make sure it was the same thing as i just witnessed, its the same concept as every other. You get on your sparrow ride through, get to a gate deploy ghost, he does his business, fight some enemies, go through a gate, kill some more goblin robots, then you are presented with fighting 3 of the boss's (all seperately) with the yellow writing (you will know what i mean if youve played it) and they are the EXACT same as the boss's from the previous level and i think they are also EASIER to kill, once youve done that the mission ending timer counts down, you go back to the tower and speak to the speaker, he does a little speech , THATS IT, not even any end credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the EXACT same as every other boring level.

the only thing i like about the game is the visuals and the levelling up but thats all pointless now, unless you fancy doing the same boring stuff in crucible over and over again.

You might see a trend here with the game - "repetitive" - awful!! - oh and certainly no replay value!

the second worst ending ive ever seen in a video game behind sniperghost warrior on 360. 4/10
  28. Sep 20, 2014
    After about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys aAfter about a week of watching my son play this, and seeing the frustration he has felt due to the connectivity issues, and the time I have spent trying to fix it, I cannot rate this game very high. It looks like a fine game, maybe nothing about it makes me really want to play it anymore. It looks like most sci-fi first person shooters. However, this is our usual M.O. One of us buys a game, we both try it. I am probably going to pass this one up. If my son was not kicked off so often, I might rate it a little higher. Expand
  29. Sep 23, 2014
    SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their ownSAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their own and MS save them) and make creative games and not Halo... so what did they do they made Destiny a halo clone... A very repetitive Halo clone... This game is not worth $60 you are 2 games away from bankruptcy and I for one can't wait to see it happen... You had a great thing at Microsoft and you blew it for greed... You said it was to be creative... Is destiny creative? No freaking way... Expand
  30. Nov 1, 2014
    The way i critic things, 5 points gos to how well the game is playable. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if i can play it. I downloaded the game on launch day, and can't play it at all. I contacted psn, and said it was on my side! With Comcast this is on bungies side. I have never played the game yet since it came out. It get the following Error codes: Weasel, Banana. Centipede, Cattle, andThe way i critic things, 5 points gos to how well the game is playable. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if i can play it. I downloaded the game on launch day, and can't play it at all. I contacted psn, and said it was on my side! With Comcast this is on bungies side. I have never played the game yet since it came out. It get the following Error codes: Weasel, Banana. Centipede, Cattle, and finally the most common one to me BEE. I got to the character screen, beat the prologue then from there I get error code Bee, Cattle or Centipede and have to start over. I borrowed my friend's game disc to play and it still doesn't work. I went to my friends house to play it and when I start playing, I get error codes. I even made a new psn account, try borrowing my friends ps3, AND EVEN SET MY PORTS, DMZ MY PS3, GOT A NEW MAC ADDRESS & EVEN BOUGHT A NEW ROUTER FOR GODS SAKE!! Bungie says nope, hmm lets give him error code bee teehee. I'm sorry Bungie but why the hell did you curse me lol xD From What I saw on youtube this game is awesome. I wish I was there to play it.
    0 - Playable
    2 - Graphics
    3- Gameplay

There are no critic reviews yet.