8.2

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    The year is 2027, and Sarif Industries is the world's premier manufacturer of human bio-mechanical â
  3. Aug 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. This game is hard as nails.. I've never been this frustrated/excited and constantly having to re-load saves since old school games.
  4. Aug 26, 2011
    I believe a single player experience should tell a story and the player should be able to flow through it. Deus Ex certainly tells us a fantastic story from beautiful surroundings but unfortunately due to insane design decisions such as (but not limited to) Boss Fights, No Aim Crosshair, Incredibly well armoured and mass quantities of opponents the game doesn't flow as you are forced through a poor save game system to repeat the same section x10-15 times before luck gets you through. This is NOT game making at its finest unfortunately this is game making from the early 90's with modern graphics. Silly boss fights and droves of overly armored enemies with too little ammo and no realistic way to progress means the player is stuck in certain segments of the game pulling hair until they luck their way through.

Very VERY poor show Eidos!
  5. Aug 25, 2011
    How to describe this game: Cool, fun, interesting, and very challenging. I enjoy that I really have to think about what I'm doing if I want to reach my objectives without alerting enemies or setting off alarms.

The writing is good and I can tell the writers at Eidos have a masterful grasp of the key themes of Deus Ex. The game is sufficiently large and open enough not to feel
    restrictive, in fact I know I've missed certain paths so far during my playthrough because I was trying to avoid danger or just progress faster.

All of the gameplay systems like the weapons modding and the Praxis (skill) tree are deep and force you to choose between two or more awesome options. It's the kind of game where I won't mind going through it again on the highest difficulty setting because although you die very fast if you take direct gunfire, there are dozens of ways to meet every objective and if you play around and explore you will win.
  6. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - and thoroughly immersing. The sheer amount of options at your disposal when customizing your character is astounding. I found myself taking forever to choose where I would use my praxis points, as almost every decision you make in Human Revolution has a direct impact in your experience. And that is fantastic. Rarely have I found myself so drawn into a world, a game, the way I have with Human Revolution. If you're a fan of engaging stories, intense action and Rpgs in general, then do yourself a favor and buy this game. Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2011
    Super le jeux!! Félicitation à Edios Montréal. Le jeux est long et pas facile. Un jeux à esseyer absolument.
  8. Aug 25, 2011
    An incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about in accomplishing your tasks is as well; there is almost limitless freedom in your choices.

A solid, stunning release which incorporates solid gameplay, incredible art, a superb soundtrack and absolutely brilliant writing and story to deliver a game truly worthy of the Deus Ex name.
  9. Aug 24, 2011
    The biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to the cult classic and is a masterpiece on its own. It shows that, even in the year 2011 and despite the obsession of the gaming industry with simplifying games to the point where they can barely be called games anymore, it is still possible to have a high budget, blockbuster gaming experience designed not to be played by your grandma, but by you. Expand
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    It's without a doubt an incredibly fun game, however the gameplay lacks intuition, the graphics lack polish, and the story lacks any sense of urgency. Ends up being really repetitive, and there are moments where you'll feel like it's not worth the amount of time you put into it. I had to step away from it several times and go back. It's got bits of action, shooter and rpgs, but it doesn't do any one thing that well. This game is only getting 10s because it was the first decent game after the dry season. It's absolutely not a flawless game, on technicalities alone, regardless of if you're a fan of the series or the gameplay. It is also no deserving of some of the derision in the negative votes. It's an ok game. Expand
  11. Oct 31, 2012
    My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

It's hard for me to finish a game as to many undisclosed factors are needed for me to be captivated from start to finish. Deus Ex : Human Revolution is one of those rare games that not only i enjoy the art and design along with the story, but i also played it like no other world exists besides the dark Earth despicted here
    due to the gameplay and combat machanics.

The soundtrack was also great and the main theme deserves some awards. Overall the Audio was top notch as i never noticed some weird or misplaced thing (you notice a bad audio programming or sound right away, but a good job in the Audio department turns the Audio almost invisible for the player)

There is room for improvement for the next installement.
    I hope the dialogs get to be more interactive and original. And that good idea of mixing dialog scenes with gameplay have me jumping on the seat and scratching my head on why didn't they developed it with even more interactivity, and allowing the gamer to make use of the habilities of the character.
    The textures overall were just average with some things much better that others.

P.S - I didn't found a bug or a serious glitch... and that makes want to award Square Enix with a medal for the respect shown towards the consumergamer that some other publishers and studios lack these days. Even if that category shouldn't be allowed to exist, the truth is that with Skyrim winning the GOTY of 2011 (and still gathering awards and new users every week) that category was created.
  12. Aug 29, 2011
    Having played Deus Ex 1+2 on pc i was really looking forward to buy this one. The game play of part 1 was innovative, you could act free most of the time and develop your own play style. The atmosphere was intense and the cities simply crushed you with their vast space. In part 3 of this series I felt the flair again but it was lacking it's former quality. Most characters seem to be flat, the play apart from boss fights and sub quests leaves you only 2 viable options: Stealth(You have to invest all your augmentations in hacking) or Assault. The latter reminds you of GTA IV crouching between covers shooting other covered guys, the former being a necessity for most optional quests and alternative routes.
    Even the graphic looks retrograde. Don't get me wrong-DeusEx 3 is still a decent shooter with a nice story but i wouldn't rate it ~9 as the media or most users do.
  13. Aug 29, 2011
    Disappointing. Loved the first two, but this one left me feeling perplexed. PROS: Cool story, good voice acting by the lead man, gritty cyber-punk setting. Challenging. Decent amount of funny/cool references. CONS: Amazingly stupid AI, where you can stealth "takedown" a guy that is standing about 8 feet from another and this other guy won't hear a thing because he's not facing you... which made the "Stealth" aspect almost pointless for me, and the AI would "forget" they were chasing someone who just took out their peer after chasing you for... a 5 meter hallway..... Also, cardboard boxes!! SO MANY FREAKING CARDBOARD BOXES strewn about randomly! Very few world/object models. Many side quests were boring. WASH: Graphics were fairly ordinary, but not a deal breaker by any means. PS: Don't believe anything said by anyone who posted their review on the release date(Aug 23rd). This always happens, some company shills, or bitter haters, come on this site and post "reviews" an hour or two after the game(or even before, as was the case with about 3 user reviews on this game alone) is released... A FEW of those people might have legitimately played, and finished it, the game(pirated, or industry insiders), but most of them have an agenda. Expand
  14. Aug 26, 2011
    The gameplay was fun other than a few errors, but what made me give this a 7 is the story line. It just didn't add up to the Deus Ex story line. Another invisible war.
  15. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is amazing. Really, i never give games the perfect score but i make exception for a exceptional game. The story line is great, the side quests are great, the controls are intuitive, the graphics are good, the soundtrack is epic; this game does everything great. I have nothing more to say, i am astonished, and this masterpiece must be in every gamers collection.
  16. Aug 26, 2011
    Simply one of the best games this year! This game is something that Invisible war should've been. This game is great but its not for everyone. Shooting your way out isn't always the best solution because u might get your self killed easily. The fans of original Deus Ex will love this like i do! This might not be as good as the original but its veeeeerry close! Totally recommending this game!
  17. Aug 27, 2011
    My first word in mind in the first minutes of gameplay, I said " This is a first person Metal Gear Game " , maybe thats an exaggerated sentence but with no doubt thats a comparison. So you start in this laboratory place where everything is very advanced in technology and a badass feel in the game to have control of a nice protagonist that is awesome. Decisions is another important part of the game that is easy to say and compare to games like Mass Effect, but not so fluid like the ME series. The gameplay is cool, while there isn't to much innovations in it by no reason you want to get caught , no matter what you do, you don't want that to happen, few tittles in the genre don't give that kind of tension. Gunplay start feeling very cheap the reticule doesn't look like a reticule is tinny and not visible. For a game that is 2011 I think that the graphics could have been more incredible but thats nothing to be worry , because everything looks great after all. Deus Ex is shaping in my list as one of the most important games in the year. Expand
  18. Aug 27, 2011
    got robbed on this version. graphics are washy and pale looking, models are not done very well and you just wont's to throw the controller down. cant install all the content on the disk making long loading times and poor FPS at times the lighting is not very well done ether. deep game but you cant get into it with such glaring visual mistakes and slow downs topped off with poor FPS
  19. Aug 27, 2011
    Running Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time I was immediately captivated by the cyberpunk atmosphere that has become so rare these days. To have a game as great as this come out so soon after I personally thought the "Action/Espionage/RPG" genre was dead due to games such as Alpha Protocol is simply amazing. Even the mini games have a level of polish unparalleled in modern games. Hacking for instance gives you a sense of accomplishment that is surprising. I found myself looking forward to level five locks and dreading them at the same time. Persuasion was also interesting, while not on the same level as L.A. Noir, which is to be expected, it is still both engaging and rewarding. The weapon customization is incredibly enjoyable as well. It makes you search high and low throughout the city hubs and levels to find everything so that you can finish your weapon of choice. After only a couple hours of play I was ready to elope to Vegas with my pistol. It was nice to see an RPG that not only explained your abilities and why you can not use them fully from the beginning and allows a believable way to level up rather than arbitrary experience points. Away from the mini games and level up mechanics, the controls take a little to get used to, and for the first few hours you may find yourself fumbling with the shoulder buttons a bit but it is one of the more polished schemes I have encountered. It is like a Dvorak keyboard for coding. The stealth mechanics are not overly easy nor are they too challenging. A few of the upgrades are a little overpowered and could take up more power or consume a whole cell; especially the Icarus landing system, but aside from some minor mechanics that make stealth almost too easy it is balanced by a fairly unforgiving power system. Combat is a well oiled machine that allows you to feel like a badass without making you feel like a god. Minor choices are there in the form of "Do I hack open that door even though if I don't finish in 23 seconds I will screw myself to have to shoot every last person, or do I let the small pocket of xp go and focus on the mission?" This decision comes up a lot and you may be missing out on 600 or so xp and 2 much needed energy bars but is it worth risking your 750 stealth bonus? With regards to the story the choices you make in missions affects future side missions, as well as future decisions. There are a few choices you make that you see a negative outcome for, but go through with it anyway thinking it will be okay just to have your worst nightmare come true.The NPCs and the tension that there is among them is tangible, the augs vs. purist is beyond the galaxy vs. quarian, or human vs. nonhuman. It is a fear that goes beyond physical differences such as ears or height, it is a fear that stems from one group being physically "superior" to another and the latter being threatened. Something that amused me was the fact that the hobos at times seemed to be the most sane and level headed of all. Hidden beneath the heavy story and "I am a badass here to save the world" attitude is a social commentary that is both deep and hilarious. "That goddamned bathroom mirror." The story ramps up from a simple kidnapping/revenge/attack to a global conspiracy that takes you through several cities of the future and 4 amazing boss battles that will leave you scratching your head but give you another sense of accomplishment. Only one of them was I almost laughing at due to its simplicity but that was after a solid half hour of trial and error. The ending of Deus Ex: Human Revolution gave me the shivers due to it's brilliance. Your final choice is a big one, big enough that I made myself a sandwich and debated with myself what I should chose. In the end without ruining it for those yet to play, I was worried. I grew attached to this make believe world and the people inhabiting it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a game that should have come out last year, simply for the reason that if it had it would have won game of the year. It still might, however with all the heavy hitters set to come out this November, Skyrim, it is going to have a difficult time. In all honesty, this is a game I will be proud to play 10 years from now. Truly one of the greatest stealth games of all time. I want to keep talking about it but unfortunately my characters are running short. If you like stealth games, RPGs, Action Shooters, Books, Movies, breathing, sex, or a combination of the above; this is a game you must own. Simply Amazing. Expand
  20. Aug 30, 2011
    After just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, the stunning visuals make this world so tangible, the player feels like they are actually living every nail-biting second right next to the hero, Adam Jensen. Add to this mix, top notch writing and some of the best voice work I have ever heard in a game. This was a day 1 purchase for me, and I was not disappointed. This game turned out to be all I hoped it would be and more. Expand
  21. Oct 12, 2011
    I was very excited that we'd finally be getting a current-gen Deus Ex game. For the most part, Human Revolution is an amazing game. The mechanics, graphics, environments, voice acting (Sarif steals the show, in my opinion) are top-notch. A few minor complaints did hinder my experience to some extent, though. I was disappointed with how confined the world seemed. While it was visually and audibly stunning, it never really felt large and open to me, which is what I was expecting. Also, the waypoint/radar system was very frustrating on the hard difficulty. You'll see what I mean when you play it. I also thought that Deus Ex: HR acts like its a lot smarter than it is - meaning, the AI is pretty foolish and the "choices" are often times shallow and obvious. The ending(s) were also a disappointment, but the payoff is in the gameplay itself, which is excellent. Expand
  22. Aug 30, 2011
    @ Sh0ckeD ,,

You gave it a 3 based upon, you have to repeat the same section until you get "luck"....

Has it occurred to U , that maybe the game is OK but that it is you just suck at this game....

I have no problems with it
  23. Sep 1, 2011
    GIVE ME DEUS EX!!! I can't believe how faithful they were to the original Deus Ex. I had such high hopes for this game that I was sure I would feel let down in some way, but instead I am amazed to find out that it is even better than I had hoped. This is a must have for every serious gamer.
  24. Oct 2, 2011
    Underwhelming and disappointing. The "feel" of the game is in the right place, but the game-play mechanics themselves are severely flawed. The AI is clumsy (you can hide in vents and just pick people off), the pace is slow, and the surroundings/graphics are a little plain and repetitive. Was hoping for much more...
  25. Jan 24, 2012
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
  26. Aug 27, 2011
    awesome game with a huge amount of content to keep you engaged for a long time. excellent back story and soundtrack deserve special mentions.. in my opinion the game is technically sound despite one or two minor gripes. it does what it sets out to do well.. OVERALL, ONE OF THE BEST RELEASES OF THE YEAR
  27. Aug 31, 2011
    Unbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game proves that there is more to gaming than just pretty graphics. The story is consuming, the atmosphere is amazing, the RPG elements are PERFECTLY balanced, and the game play is addicting. This game is the closest game to perfection. 5 years from now, I really think that people will be voting this game to be one of the best of all time... it's that good. Buy it, get past the tutorial (about an hour), and realize what I'm talking about. Expand
  28. Sep 3, 2011
    Firstly I am going to try to be fair reviewing this game. For starters I am a huge fan of the original game by Warren. Lot of respect to him and that game mostly because of the characters, story, conspiracies etc. I disregarded the second one because it didn't really deliver the goods, despite that awesome level meeting JC again. Jumping to now and seeing this game I am surprised they even slapped the Deus Ex name brand on the box. First the art design is strange, while cool in a blade runner style, it doesn't seem to fit the universe. For a prequel I don't remember the original being set in this fancy world. Guess we gotta appeal to the newer fans, which brings me to the terrible story which didn't hold my interest one bit. Lame voice acting (why not get Tom Hall back for goodness sake), boring level design, same run of the mill stealth and first person modes, and finally the horrible hacking crap. I wanna play THE game not a game within a blinking game. Only thing it has got going for it is this weird aug varied world, but it sure as heck doesn't deserve the name Deus Ex.. its got little to do with the original, no interesting enemies (what happened to the robot guys and the creatures from the conspiracy labs?), only 2 hubs, and crappy weapons. I gave it a 4 mostly because it is a semi-good time wasting game if your new to the series but really it has nothing to do with the original which is why I gave it such a low score. Shame on the developers taking this approach to an original universe, guess we gotta live with it. Back to playing the original game for me. oh yeah don't pay 60 dollars for it. Wait till it drops to 20 at least, or better yet rent it. Expand
  29. Aug 28, 2011
    There are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewards anyone intelligent enough to try new things. And if you aren't, that's your problem. Expand
  30. Sep 11, 2011
    This game is horrid. Aside from the story there is no reason to buy or rent this lazily completed pile of rubbish. The control system is extremely awkward, not well put together at all. There really is no checkpoint system, instead there is a poorly implemented save/load system that you will struggle with during the whole game. The gameplay itself is just extremely awkward. There is no smooth flow to the game. You will literally find yourself going backwards and all over the map searching for upgrades or items you need to progress the game. You never know ahead of time your missing an key item until the situation arises and you have to go on a wild goose chase all over the map to find what you need to get ahead. You will feel like pulling your teeth many times throughout this game. The shoot and cover system is awkward and faulty like the rest of the game. Enemies will just charge you very frequently making your cover system very weak and frustrating. Casual gamers don't fall for the hype. Fanboys and crooked critics have jacked the score up for ulterior motives. Don't get this game unless you know what you're yourself getting into. Expand
  31. Aug 6, 2012
    RPG's are a dime a dozen these days, the best of which soak up very significant hours of game time. Human Revolution, a prequel to the 2002 revered and innovative new breed of RPG, is a very ambitious game. Set in a futuristic cyberpunk universe, Human Revolution nails down moral quandaries based on the breakthroughs of augmentation science. This is where the enhancements are drawn in as Adam Jensen needs them to save his life after an unexpected ambush by a quintet of mercenaries. By using praxis points and accumulating credits from enemies, numerous locations and hidey holes- you can distribute these powers to gain perks and abilities in a similar way to any RPG. So Human Revolution isn't in context a revolutionary game considering the RPGs on the shelves already. However, it's one of the most immersive. You are welcomed from the start as doctors and scientists are working of the progressive technologies, so you get the sense of the impact of augmentations off the bat. There's also a staggering amount of superfluous information gathered from newspapers, Ebooks, e-mails and through conversations with individuals. Each draw you right in and immerse you in this well wrought world. What isn't so impressive are the boss battles. They all feel cheap, as you usually need to evade fire, find cover and then load bullets into the boss. Also these boss battles really detract from the freedom that the game seemingly wants you to feel considering the wealth of options avaliable. Also the AI is lackadaisical, better in numbers and never feel challenging- which can be said of the whole game. The facial textures also look poor, failing to show significant detail and looking considerably garish, though the art style is gorgeous. The characters are also plain and dull, as they seem to lack any form of psychotic edge or charm that would make them memorable. So generally Human Revolution has problem areas, but it's also a hugely interesting game with content that is weighty enough to quell the weaker points of the game. Also the augmentations are great to use and the game feels satisfying no matter how you play. Expand
  32. Oct 5, 2011
    Wow, I thought I was playing a MACINTOSH when I first started to play, just felt stale from the beginning. I had so many bug issues that I actually couldnt finish the game. I was very disappointed with the gameplay, I did feel it had great ideas but horrible execution overall. I would not recommend this game.
  33. Feb 25, 2012
    Very good game. The game play is fun and I do not notice any long loading times that some people keep going on about. However, my one gripe is that the graphics in the cinematic segments don't seem to be polished enough. Apart from this, a good game.
  34. Aug 27, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is a prequel to the 2000 game Deus Ex it's a game by Eidos Montreal. This game is great. It's a great stealthy combat fest. You play Adam Jensen an ex-SWAT security expert in the year 2027. It's based in America from Detroit to Montreal. The first mission sets up the game completely a mysterious augmented merc almost kills you on an attack on sarif industries. The game is about cybernetic augmentation and to save his life Jensen must undergo a 6 million dollar operation to get augmented.The combat is fleshed out and using your augs with the combat is great there are stealth, hacking, armored skin and even eye augs this is a great system. You unlock praxis via xp to get augs. During missions you have to stealth talk or hack your way in or you just go crazy and kill everybody the place but I liked sneaking in and knocking them out with tranquilizers. The hacking mini game is all right unlike bioshocks one. The stealth is great too. The cover system is the best ive seen in a FPS. You have an inventory so you cant grab everything you find and big weapons take up alot while pistols take up small amounts. Choices also affect his game like if you non lethal take down it could have a positive affect on the mission. This game is about giving you options its great. One complaint the controls on the consoles you cant change them and they are not typical FPS controls so that annoyed me a bit. But it looks great the futuristic setting is great and it is one of the best looking games of the year from facial expressions to design. The guns have a good sound and the music gives a good background noise. It is an incredibly stealthy and slick game best FPS i have ever played i'll give it a 10 out of 10. You can find this review on my blog at http://maximalistgtg.blogspot.com/2011/08/deus-ex-human-revolution.html Expand
  35. Aug 27, 2011
    This games is simply amazing, Very rarely are there games like this, Games that let you choose how to play, Persuader, Stealth Specialist, Gun Wielder or Hacker, More than likely a bit of each.
    This game is full to the brim with secrets And those secrets can be found in many ways just like the main quests and side quests can be solved in many ways.
    I have read elsewhere that people think
    the control is taken away from you in boss battles, But the way I see it they ended the way they ended because of the enemies choice and not my own, Boss battles should end a certain way(I think we all know what I mean)Back in the day you worked hard figuring out how to take that boss down and to have you let them walk away afterwards seems kinda Redundant.
    Official reviewers state is takes about 20-40 hours to complete but I completed it in under that, I am now on my second play-through but the decision I made to by the game was partially based on the Estimated time of completion.
    I Still do not regret this buy as the game is full of more content I missed on my first play-through as well as plenty of story Elements I messed up the First time because I went around acting like a Dick-head.
    Not to mention that shooting feels great and the stealth is fairly pleasing, Talking felt simple at times(to little choices) But Overly difficult at the same time(To hard to guess what they want to hear, Augs can help).
    I would recommend this to anyone who likes RPG/FPS/Awesome Stealthage!
  36. Aug 31, 2011
    I'll keep this short and sweet. It captures everything about the first Deus Ex that I loved and fixes the things I did not. Art style is incredible, though the graphics (especially the character models & facial expressions) are less than stellar. Still, with the carefully thought out gameplay mechanics & multi-path approach, this game lived up to the hype for me.
  37. Sep 1, 2011
    One of the best and compelling games I've played. A great mix of game play styles with open RPG elements, interesting FPS gameplay, and even on "linear" FPS levels, there are a broad range of choices and methods for completing each mission.

Overall, the style, atmosphere and tone is fantastic. The only downside is that some of the non-essential npcs seem too scripted and distant, and
    overall the voice acting could have been better. Expand
  38. Sep 9, 2011
    well i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles and a p.c. and dont go with the fanboy flow. i put a game in and press play and tell you what i think and judge a games content regardless of the category of game it falls under(sports, f.p.s.,rpg,mmo etc),in other words "well this isnt my kind of game so i give it a 5" will never come out of my mouth. w/ that said i look for the key ingredients(gameplay,graphics/visuals,sound,controlsreplay worth and fun factor. of course story is judged if in fact there is one.) which fulfill my gaming cravings and if there are a few extra spices thrown in,well then a game like deus ex comes to mind. i did not know what i was jumping into here, i just know that here we have a p.c. to console and usually its not a smooth transition(port). but as all games i do my best to keep all thoughts to a min, and try and keep my mind clear when playing in order to game w/o any mental obstacles. so as i wait for the games first cut scene to finish i was own my way to being an augmented alex jensen via ps3 and right away i notice that the game is promising in regards to a detailed and story driven game,hopefully this will be the case up until the credits. while playing im noticing the ample amounts of boxes and tunnels for which was disturbing to some but to me i couldnt rationalize knit picking over "too many boxes" and then speaking about them in a review as to say "thus i had to take a point away',lol. graphically i was loving my surroundings and the textures were smoother than i expected and so the visuals were good, a few hours into the game i felt like i should make some coffee because im ready for the long haul, i want to see what happens next and w/ when cut scenes would surface i would welcome them rather than skip, which is something i have done w/ many games, but not this one. i felt like i would cheat myself out of a story which i was becoming more and more involved with. choices, yes there are many and you can tackle this game being non-lethal or an enraged alex jensen who will shed blood to find to the truth or you can combine the 2, which i did but it was not by choice,lol.. it was an error on my part. so right away i am saying to self "i must play through this again without anyone getting hurt other than the bosses which the element of choice is no longer apparent. some of the augmentations , after finishing the game, i realized i wish i had activated earlier and this i will/am during my second play through. mostly first person but will show alex in 3rd person when in cover, sneaking around. some will argue that it should have been done one way or another, i argue that the remedy worked for me. the inventory can be upgraded by priaxis points(which is how you upgrade all your aug's, priaxis kit's can be bought also if you have the money to afford them) and some weapons i.e. rocket launcher is demanding of space, alot of it, last time i checked these were very big and bulky weapons so it makes sense. well the story is picking up, no hiccups in that department, its getting strong and so is alex. what really appealed to me was how creatively this was put together and some are the visuals are works of art, using colrs which many games will dare not even blend into a game, this one tends to be its own game and likewise with its choice of backdrops and use of color. the guns feel nice, and yes the also can be upgraded which i wont get into , but lets just say you will be happy with the results of your fav gun when fully upgraded. the map designs where nice and also had a very direct way marker system, i could go on forever about all the content in this game, there tons of it. so lets get down to what may shed some light on deus ex from my opinion. its a game which pulled me in, and never let me go. i was thinking about this game well after i finished it and i wanted to do it all again, just for the sake to see what couldve been ,might have been and what not. and the last time i felt like this was w/ mgs4 and no i am not comparing the 2, just giving an example, thats how i felt. there is alot of content and goodies w/ this game. there are times when i was in my chair , eyes wide open, tired physically but i needed to see more. the game gave me an exp which i have not had in quite some time on a console. and this is in my opinion, a must add to collection, a must own and more importantly, a must play.palms sweaty, which way do i go, have to get my hack skill up, do i need to max out my cloaking, what gun should i drop to make room for this one, ladder or tunnels, gotta find that security hub, thanks 4 a great game edios , front 2 back Expand
  39. Sep 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. I liked Invisible War. If those four words immediately makes my opinion on this game invalid to you, then so be it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution attempts to hark back to its predecessor and the results of this are mixed. Sure the same choice based gameplay is available â Collapse
  40. Jul 29, 2012
    It is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations taking people past their physical limits albeit only the ones that can afford it, was attacked by a group of mercenaries AKA "The Tyrants" who seek the typhoon explosive system (TES) which is doubtlessly the most destructive augmentation devised so far. In that attack, Adam Jensen, former cop turned Head of Security at Sarif was brutally attacked which resulted in him getting several augmentations to save his life. It is time to start the Human Revolution as Jensen in an epic RPG prequel to Deus Ex, set in a similar dystopian world to uncover the truth and time to make Decisions, Decisions and Decisions..
    This, people, is what an exemplary FPS game is.
  41. May 16, 2012
    Meh.

Deus Ex was such a huge open game, I often had a hard time figuring out what to do and where to go if I'm honest. This, the sequel, was an average attempt at this. Everything was overly simplified and once again a great PC game is dumbed down for the console users. Where are the challenging intelligent games now? Not everyone who plays games is remedial.
    I'll add to this, I saw the
    tailors and this game looked great, features like being able to look at people and analyze their weak spots, like previously broken bones and exploit them. In this game you just walk up to people and press the same button every time and do the same action.
    The ending was also hugely disappointing, an army of zombies you can not morally attack and an easy final boss you can shoot through a glass wall.
  42. Sep 7, 2011
    I was really trying to love this game--but some of the design choices go against the whole idea of fun---I think the atmosphere and mechanics are great---but for being a 1st/3rd person shooter the shooting isn't very good---ammo seems to be hard to come by---enemies seem to have plenty of ammo while you are stuck with the left overs---and sometimes they don't even have any ammo---the bosses are ridiculously hard--and seem to just run at you--which the same thing could be said for the generic enemies---if you alert anyone they just run at you and shoot the **** out of you--there's really no chance to "shoot" in this FPS-- There are lots of things I like in this game--but there is way more that I dislike---also the repeated restarts at checkpoints bother me most---if I can't play through a level without having to "load from checkpoint" an obscene amount of time--there are definitely issues-- this is definitely a game that will make you rage quit. Expand
  43. Sep 16, 2011
    Deus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some of these comments are valad i don't see anything game breaking here and the point some people are missing with Deus Ex is that the whole is definitely greater then the sum of it's parts. Many games these days make boasts about giving you freedom of choice but very few games give you the chance to go where you want, do what you want and play the way you want to as well as this. One of the GOTY contenders without a doubt. Expand
  44. Sep 3, 2011
    After discovering that my stability problems were caused by my ISP AND that the game was twice as long as I'd been led to believe I am re-reviewing it as a 9/10.
    It would score 10 if not for the silly requirement to be online during solo play. Stupid DRM, amazing game.
  45. Feb 28, 2012
    Ah, sweet revenge. "0" seems like such a fanboy score. 'Oh I kinda didn't like it, well then I'm gonna give it a zero and ignore anything good about the game', you might think. Fair enough, but what about a game that I HATE. And I mean HATE. Pure frustration and it only gets worse as it goes along. I love giving games this bad a zero. It feels so good.
  46. Apr 14, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great RPG / FPS hybrid that features a lot of freedom in the way you can play. The graphics, while not outstanding, are atmospheric and the art design has an immersive quality to it. Likewise, the soundtrack hits all the right "Bladerunner" synth notes and instills a ton of ambiance. The plot of the game is very interesting and the cast does a great job with the script. Gameplay-wise, Deus Ex is very solid but hardly ever spectacular. It definitely feels like an RPG first and an action game second.There are also a few faults that restrain the game from becoming a true classic. Chief among these would be the weak enemy A.I and Boss fights that feel like they've been ripped from an entirely different game. Overall, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an excellent title that will delight most players throughout it's lengthy duration. Just don't expect a sc-fi Call of Duty or you'll be disappointed... And a moron. Expand
  47. Feb 19, 2012
    i didnt like this game the best part about it i found was the beutiful areas and great graphics but other than that i found it to be dull and boring. the story did not interest me at all and it is just too slow paced your health goes away so fast that you are almost always forced to sneak everywhere and hope you dont get discovered but that just takes too long and feels as if to drag on. this game was not for me and i recomend you rent before you buy to see if you like it Expand
  48. Sep 7, 2011
    Truly amazing. Finally, this game takes me back to the original on PC. Amazing graphics, story and gameplay combine to create a truly immersive experience. Turn the lights down, the sound up and hang on to your controller. Great customization in both your character and weapons. Diversity on how you decide to tackle any situation you are facing. Take the enemy head on? Sure if you want. Sneak around and take them out silently? Yup, that too. Sneak about and hack terminals shutting down cameras and allowing turrets and robots to do your dirty work? Here as well. Or, combine them all and mix it up, play your way. Kudos to Eidos Montreal & Square Enix. This game rocks, don't miss it. Expand
  49. Sep 3, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is a great game who deserve a hight rating. It's a true rpg (you can really play a role) , with a great and immersive story, the gameplay give a incredible freedom at the player and every mission can be completed in many different ways. The player can change the itself story with his choise during the game and so he can find different story end. We can't take all the praxis (the power up for the our character) so they are very important for choose of our gameplay style and force the player to consider carefully the ability to upgrade. Therefore deus ex is very replayable game, the longevity for a single run is aroud 20h more 10h for the secondary mission hence the total longevity is aroud the 60-90h, a very good value for this generation. The only marginal problem of the game is a good but not incredible graphic, hower the most important things for a rpg are a perfect design, a involving story and especially a deep gameplay so you don't note too much .
    To put it simple Deus Ex HR is a amazing game how we don't see from a long time, recommended to everybody except to the fan of the fps - all graphic and simple gameplay .
  50. Sep 6, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very good game, even though it has it's flaws. Yet, which game doesn't?

If seen as part of the Deus Ex game series, it is simply the logical conclusion, both gameplay-wise and technologically. The world that the first game tried to show and the second game failed to show is rendered beautifully and in a very convincing way in this reincarnation.

Yet it
    would be severely limiting to see this game as just "the new Deus Ex", as it is so much more. It is once again a game with a really unique visual style, which is something only few games can claim. A title similar in this fashion was Mass Effect 2 and in fact both games share many positive similarities.

Last but not least, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is probably not only one of the few pieces of quality cyberpunk media, but also one of the best things so far in this increasingly rare genre.
  51. Sep 6, 2011
    great game that brings me back to the first deus ex (still my favorite game of all time). little bit disappointed about the cutscenes where the choices are made for you although the rest of the game you can make all the choices. gameplay is awesome because of the way you can handle everything, play stealth, gun blazin, lethal/non-lethal (with the achievements for it) and the story is very well written and puts some very interesting topics in front of you which make you think about what the futurre will hold in store for us Expand
  52. Sep 17, 2011
    I pre-ordered the Augmented edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and played through on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty (hardest). I was satisfied with my purchase. This game can not be reviewed and must be experienced. The game play wasn't fascinating, but it wasn't bad. The quality of the graphics were amazing in some parts and the next scene the looked, well...not so amazing. The story started out amazing, but ended with sort of a whimper. I am personally a very visual individual. Although the game was spread out across varies global locations, the overall artistic design tied them all together very well. I can't say this set any new standards for gaming, nor am I by any means really addicted to it, but I also have to try PRETTY HARD to say anything negative about it as well. I do NOT regret purchasing it in the least bit and am looking forward to a second play through. Expand
  53. Oct 8, 2011
    When a franchise started in the early 00's is continued into the next decade with such dismal results you can only blame the people at the top. Poor choices were made at every level of this game, from handling, to graphics, to voice acting. They come together to create a highly pretensions plot following unlikeable characters in a universe that seems unfamiliar despite it being the third in the series. Disappointed. Expand
  54. Oct 26, 2011
    I have been playing games for a long time now and have played all types of games, from RPG to FPS and others... and I have to say this this is the worst piece of crap I have ever played. As a shooter, it completely fails, with ridiculously bad weapons. As a story, it's so basic and un-interesting it's not even funny. The level are so badly designed that it's a pain to get oriented in them, the graphics are so early 2000. Bref. This game could have been good in 2000 or 2001, but today it's just a horrible horrible game. don't believe the hype. Expand
  55. Jun 24, 2012
    I would love to give this game a perfect 10 just for the story but an 8 because of 1 thing and it's a big one they give you an illusion of choice (not in terms of story but in terms of gameplay) on my 1st play through I did stealth and ok worked well 2nd play through I did kill everything and that did not work it was impossible and believe me I like a good challenge but it was just unfair this game fails we're the original deus ex and mgs4 succeeds in we're it gives you multiple ways to solve a problem for new players do stealth in all playthroughs Expand
  56. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't describe the movement that eidos and enix did with this game. pure false hype. I expected a pure deus ex game, but all i can see is a bad story, poor graphics and gameplay. nothing to compare with the great cgi cinematics that we can see in the trailers. All I can say is very bad enix and eidos, very bad.
  57. Mar 4, 2012
    There aren't many games on the market that can pull off stealth gameplay successfully and in an entertaining manner, but this game is certainly one of them. In fact if you aren't a fan of stealth you can just avoid it all together if you wish and attack the enemy head on. The game world is dark and gritty, with a deep storyline and a host of side-quests and background stories to keep you entertained. The are multiple ways and paths to achieve your objectives, with differing results. The rpg-style levelling system is very enjoyable, unlocking new interesting and very useful powers of your choice as you progress, which keeps the experience fresh.

However the boss battles are a big letdown, particularly with the final boss. In addition to this the ending(s) are also disappointing, and these issues stop the game from becoming a masterpiece. That said, this remains a brilliant game and is a must for fans of action-rpgs and sci-fi.
  58. Dec 20, 2012
    Just an all around great game. Great plot, setting,gameplay, audio, and graphics. Not a 10 because I felt the amount of gameplay time was on the low side compared to other games. Still worth at least a peek.
  59. May 8, 2012
    An incredibly solid single player experience. I bought Deus Ex ignorant to the series and to reviews, didn't know what I was getting when I was using my best-buy gift card. And holy crap am I glad I bought it. The game at it's core is like a hybrid of regular oldschool FPS, stealth gameplay, and a bit of objective based "quest"-system. (you can get optional side-quests to complete in different areas of the game) Every mission or goal always has optional paths and ways to complete it, and depending on how you upgrade your character, you may not always be able to access the other options. you really can end up playing the game completely different from your friends. Especially if you decide to upgrade different weapons than others. You can go in guns blazing, or sneak around like Solid snake, taze people and hide their bodies, or even silently kill them with the pistol and silencer. The story itself is engrossing, and does a great job of portraying a culture war between cybernetic people, and anti-cybernetic people, in a way that's compelling and never draws a clear good-guy / bad-guy (except for of course, the MAIN badguys/terroists, lol) By the end of the game, I was hacking into every computer, and reading ever email and piece of news, just to soak it all in. Graphics are nice, crisp and sleek, with an incredible soundtrack to match the games cyber-punk future. The only down-side is that it ends. Honestly, one of the best single player games I've played in a REALLY long time. Expand
  60. Aug 10, 2012
    I have not played any of the other installments of the deus ex series. Playing this makes me want to play the other installments. If you are considering this game buy it. By now the game only costs $20, that means buy it. BUY THIS GAME. It still is on my top 10 games iv'e ever played. The only flaw in this game is the boss battles. They are terrible but don't take away from this great experience. Expand
  61. Jun 22, 2012
    I absolutely love Deus Ex: human revolution.deus ex hr is my favorite game so far.now I know it's 2012 and this game came out last year but I had to come on here and speak my mind of this masterpiece of a game.the rpg/shooter /stealth mechanics are top notch and feel great on a ps3 controller,also I must add is that deus ex looks waaaay better on ps3 than xbox 360.now there are some bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking that I have seen so far.this is a must buy to anyone who likes a great game. Expand
  62. Mar 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus ex human revolution is easily one of my favourite games this generation. I felt like I was back in the 90's where places felt like places and not corridors with conveniently placed walls. For once, and this is something that rarely happens in modern video games, I didn't play just to be "rewarded with a cutscene"(like Assassin's Creed). The simple act of "walking" or "exploring" a building is interesting. Problem solving is really effective, you can have multiple ways to achieve the same goal, and previous decisions would develop different developments (especially for some secondary missions). Replay value is also a factor, I'm playing the game for a second time and I discovered new things, new paths I didn't notice the first time. Story is intriguing, but somehow I didn't get what was going on in the latter half of the game and Adam feels less and less human ( I mean he doesn't show any personality whatsoever), but I think that was a design choice proving that he's losing his human side. The ending though end the mythology arc but doesn't provide resolutions to the characters. I hope this game gets a sequel, expanding the good sides and improving the few downsides, especially a more character-driven plot simpler to follow. Expand
  63. Mar 7, 2012
    Awesome game. This is my first game from this series and I was glad I played it. The graphic and audio is top notch. One of the best visuals I seen in a while. The game has their own style of cyber punk and works really well. The game allows you to choose how you want to play the game. You can sneak through the whole game like Snake in Metal Gear Solid if you choose or go in there and start killing every enemy like Rambo if you choose. It doesn't limit the amount of ways you can enter into a room (like break a wall or hacking a door) and it's just fun to have all these abilities to try out. I played both stealth and run n gun the enemies and they are both fun. You have many different abilities to upgrade that will suit the style you want to play and each upgrade makes you feel like you actually have a upgrade. If you're a trophy hunter like me, than their is a fair about of trophies that are easy to get with a single play through. I highly recommend this game. This game is worth your time and money. Expand
  64. Mar 10, 2012
    Execution of 95% of DE:HR is perfect. So why, Eidos!? Why the late 90's, brain-dead boss fights? Why build the rest of the game around stealth and skill, then create boss fights that negate stealth and skill? It's like going to a maths exam, where the teacher confesses they couldn't be bothered trying to make the exam challenging so they made half the exam about chemistry. These boss fights ruined an otherwise beautifully developed game. Expand
  65. Mar 13, 2012
    Gah, just loved this game. I've only recently discovered the 'cyber-punk' genre (through william gibson's sprawl trilogy) and found this game was right up my alley. A very cool yet easy to understand story, plenty of interesting sidequests, and the ability to go through the main quests in a variety of ways providing a good amount of replay value. My only issue with the game is that some of the augments seem to be supremely underpowered no matter what playstyle you use, and that the boss fights were a spike in difficulty (either too easy or hard, depending on your approach). Also, unless you are really into exploring and ready text (which I am fine with), you may miss out on a lot of the storyline. I'm extremely glad I checked this game out (having not played any of the other deus ex titles). I say that honestly, and am in no way influenced by a CASIE augment.... at least I don't think so.... Expand
  66. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is definitely a must-buy, especially if you like sci-fi. The game has a great plot, a terrific atmosphere and a fresh cyberpunk setting not explored in gaming many times. The gamplay is awesome, as it is very open and you can approach every level the way you want.
    If you like sci-fi, you'll love this game.
  67. May 10, 2012
    Masterpiece! I guess, it's the best games ever i played in PS3 right now. Best graphics, best shooting system, upgrade system, and many more. The non repetitive gameplay and story makes me want to play it more.
  68. May 21, 2012
    This game is so damn ugly. Adam Jensen sounds like he got cancer in his vocal cords and lost a lung. the orange just makes me want to pull my eyes out and fill the sockets with acid. stealth is pretty damn bad. you take one step and you get shot up with lead. You will only like this game if you have autism.
  69. Jul 30, 2012
    I buy it, becouse this game "free" world. So, we have on 50% - 2 city, first city = second city, and i sure, third city = first) Gameplay so worst, and this game is game without patrons, yes, action shooter with stels and open world without patrons. I delete this from my console, on 50%, and look for seld it, but, who this buy? Super bad game =(
  70. Jul 3, 2012
    The boss fights in this game are terrible. It takes no skill to defeat most of them. The rest of the game if fine but the boss fights bring it down because they are easier then the first level.
  71. Oct 16, 2012
    Long, complex, detailed, an exciting world to explore, a story that grabs you and wraps, which never loses interest during the many hours it takes, a freedom to resolve situations huge with a seamless gameplay, Deus ex: Human Revolution is round.
  72. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved it loved it!! amazing story, world and characters. Although battles with bosses seemed out of a completely different game, still its very well integrated.
    Music its great, my respect to the developers
  73. Nov 2, 2011
    one of the better RPG's ive played in awhile . a solid story and it plays abit like metal Gear Solid except in first person view . the game rewards you for being stealthy but if you want to just go in guns a blazin you can do that too. so you can play the game how you want too. there is also some really well done side quest that are actaully pretty long. there is also a good amount of guns to use . upgrading your character is very deep and you can unlock all kinds of cool stuff like invisability , punch through weak walls , and all kinds of other stuff. the game has a decent length to it to finish it . around 20-30 hours depending on if you take on alot of side quests or not or if you just blaze through shooting every thing. the game also has 4 differnt endings so there is replay value. the visauls are alittle mixed . the back ground graphics look pretty good and some of the charicter models look ok but alot of them just look bland . if you want a fun stealth based RPG then deus EX is surely worth getting. Expand
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    Very nice game. Compelling story backed up with good gameplay and solid RPG element that is not overly strong for those who just want to play. I enjoyed the stealth play the most in this game, although it may get repetetive nothing beats sneaking around ducts and popping a guy from 100m away when his mates aren't looking. The lack of wepon variety and the carrying limit you have emplaced on you is annoying however and shortens the games life. Expand
  75. Sep 10, 2011
    Spoiler-Free: This really is one of those rare games that comes along every so often. It's flawed in so many ways, but just keeps you coming back for more and more. The overall main story arc is very interesting while sometimes confusing. It's been in development for four years and the graphics show it, especially the cut scenes (being spoiled by the current generation of graphics probably spoils the expectations here). However, the conceptual art concept works great with an impressive atmosphere and vibe. Loved being able to save anywhere. Mapping system via HUD needs improvement. Inventory systems works fine but limits you intentionally. Augmentations are nicely done, but some are worthless. Never crashed even once. I'm very familiar with the original Deus Ex on the PC, and it's clear this game has managed to capture that same vibe. Fun, worth it, and one of the best this year or last. Strong 90% grade overall. Expand
  76. Jan 26, 2012
    I can't give Deus Ex any more or any less than an 8 rating. This is a really fun game with a lot of replay value but there are areas of the game that really should have been improved upon as they can ruin what the game does offer. Lets start with the good - the game generally speaking is pretty solid without software bugs and the game gives lots of choices to the player and this by far is its strength. Few games today allow an actual gamer to use their own intelligence anymore and almost all games are quite reactionary. This game is nice in that it allows both player strategy and skill to shine through equally and the end result is fantastic immersion. The downside of the game is various small omissions in attention to detail. Although the gameplay is glitch free some things were overlooked that cause the player unintended grief. For example it is fun to attack an enemy then lure him to the police in the city and they shoot him but if you move the body the police come after you. Another example you mistakingly shoot your weapon in the city at nothing and a mob or police come for you but in other areas it is totally ok to kill innocents. This seems to be controlled by area of vision of the entities rather than the characters themselves. The result is replaying certain areas for no real reason which is not fun. Perhaps its largest flaw in design however is that it is a stealth based game and in many areas if you have built a stealth character it will not matter and you will be forced to fight. There is not enough sneaking areas in certain parts of the game which forces combat. The way around this is rather lame, opening doors on enemies, shooting them then closing the door. This is a rather lame bypass that exists. That being said this is still a great game one step above most but unfortunately not a perfect example of what a game should be after over 10 years development. Still, I strongly recommend as this game blends open world and linear story with player choice in character second to none Expand
  77. Sep 26, 2011
    We all know the boss fights are bad. If you didn't, well now you do. No matter how you play the game or the upgrades you get they are still frustrating. I have played through three times, stealthy, gadget/hack freak, armor and guns blazing and each time I would stall at a boss and die multiple times. 10+ easy on each boss on each play through. That said the rest of the game is so amazing and fun that I played through three times already, knowing the bosses would be lame. The enviornments are beautiful and so are the characters. the lip sync is ok but most games don't have good lip sync. Also most animations are stiff but it kinda isn't distracting considering the context and the world it's in. I wouldn't be happy go lucky swinging my arms about and shouting in this world ever. I mean this for the conversation scenes. fights and sneaking around are great fun, animations are great and the AI is really good. not the best but i'd say better than most. Especially considering the different ways you can play this game it doesn't shine above anything in any aspect but is still great or at least good. The way it shines above others is the amount of choices you are given, from upgrades to approaching any situation. Each play through of mine I did each situation differently and found new things and places. If you love sci-fi and blade runner type stuff BUY this game. if you like RPGs buy this game. otherwise rent, but don't miss this game. Expand
  78. Sep 29, 2011
    It's been more than a decade since Deus Ex came out. It was an epic game, a masterpiece. I had my doubts whether Human Revolution can bring the same feel of Deus Ex back, and I can say it really does. The game brings back the true feel of Deus Ex, with multiple ways to approach a conflict: sneak through via air ducts, hack a computer to unlock a door, or just kill everyone. Dialogue also plays a major role in this game, unlike games where talking to characters does next to nothing. The only issues I have with the game are: One, in most augmentation trees, you have to pay TWO points to buy ONE augmentation, which is kind of a rip off because these points (Praxis) are relatively difficult to come by. Two, you have absolutely no choice but to defeat bosses by killing them. If you're playing as a pacifist, you're naturally going to not invest in combat augmentations but stealth, which makes boss fights much harder. There should be diplomatic or stealthy solutions to boss fights. The game is quite long, and although it's good, I don't think there is much replay value in it. And, faithful to the original Deus Ex, the Chinese voice acting is horrific, but that's almost enjoyable rather than bad. Expand
  79. Oct 27, 2011
    This game has some very nice features, such as the mods and the story line. That being said the graphics could be alot nicer (very black and yellow), the time that you could use some of the mods is very limited.... , you cant go back to certain areas to use newly acquired mods. Unlike GTA games where u travel all around the world once u leave an area its done...... I picked up this game for 50 dollars when it was new, its not worth anywhere near that much, more like a 30 dollar game tops..... Expand
  80. Sep 13, 2011
    Great game - engaging, intelligent, action-packed and good bits of humour on occasion. Stealth vs shooting/combat - and both are expertly designed. IN fact combat in DE is far better than ME2, but ME2 has slightly further-reaching decisions and consequences linked into the choices you make as the story progresses. On the rare occasion DE lacks the same engrossing story, it more than makes up for with great and varied design and stories.

There are a few bugs which I came across which meant I couldn't complete some side-quests which was highly annoying. The only way to complete the side quest would have been to start the whole chapter again.

Overall ... amazing game without being genre-defining.
  81. Sep 20, 2011
    I took my time playing this game. A friend mentioned it to me that it had great promises of being game of the year. I waited, and saw the outstanding reviews. Now, I'm not sure if the reviews were honest, or bias. It is a good game, but alot of things are missing in this game. There were no shocking moments. No surprises around corners. And the puzzle solving skills are low grade level. A fifth grader could figure it out. Wish I'd waited longer to read more of all reviews. Seems like, negative reviews are withheld for a certain period of time until the game sold a certain amount of copies, Hope that isn't true. Expand
  82. Sep 13, 2011
    Good, but with something missing. I don't know what, can't put my finger on it. When walking through streets you can't crash into people, that's about as close as I can get. Well put together, good ideas (but not great) very atmospheric. It should be an 8-9/10 game but...
  83. Nov 5, 2011
    If you could take a FPS, a RPG, a cover based shooter, a Metal gear game and combine them, you would get Deus ex human revolution. the result of 10 years of videogames evolution has inspired this;which is, in my opinion, the best game of the year. The game nails it when it come to atmosphere and Theme. Everyone around you is obssesed with augmentations and **** Being Adam Jensen, the coolest protagonist i'v seen in a long time in a videogame, you allways feel like you are truly a badass, with all those augmentations that can be purchased and upgraded. The game is always encouraging you to explore everything it has to offer, and do it YOUR way. The game treats you as a person with intelligence, rather then a brainless moron that needs linearity and handholding all the way through. You CAN clear out an entire room of soldiers with a giant rifle, Or you could sneak like a bollock in a air vent and slip by, leaving a lot of those question marks that MGS idiot soldiers used to have above their heads.The problem is that the game doesn't excell at anything parcticularly, besides the awsome voiceacting of the new sex symbol Adam Jensen, but manages to combine everything into something unique and successful none the less. The story is interesting, although a bit too wide and unfocused, and there is allways a new concpiracy around the corner, so much that you sometimes begin to think that the developers played Metal gear solid a bit too much for their own good. The FPS elements aren't something to brag about as well, but they are still solid. The graphics are solid as well and, again, don't excell or push new boundaries. But you know what, I'm okay with that. The developers realised that you can't make a perfect game, but what you CAN do is give them the freedom to choose their playstyle, their path and social choices. a lot of the time there will be those minor annoyences that niggle at you here and there. but by the end of the game, and trust me on this one, you really wouldn't be able to care less. Expand
  84. Sep 11, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first game I played in the series which is fitting for it being the prequel to the name. Starting out, I wasn't sure what to expect and it made it difficult to understand what I was playing. But after I while, I learned this game reaaly stands on its own. Covering multiple catagories as stealth, first-person, cover-based, shooter that is an RPG. Now what makes this something to talk about is how gracefully these elements blend together into a fantastic presentation. The main character is Adam Jensen who falls victim to a terrible attack on the company he was assigned to protect. In order to preserve his life, he had to be given mechanical augmentations that either enhance or destroy his person. That depends on the player. While playing this game, the player can decide thier style of game. Its easy to choose either one stlye or all styles of play depending on the situation. Then there are decisions to be made on how the story will play out. This does pretty well by going deeper into plyer actions and not just the scope of which hallway to take that leads to the same door. The missions of course will come in sequence but it will have various task that don't all need to be done in order to progress. The augments at first feel limited because there just isn't enough "praxis kits" to fully develop all augmentations. But the augments go hand in hand with whichever stlye of play you choose. So if you want to play all missions guns blazing, then you boost up your aiming and shield augs. Same goes if you want to sneak around. Another big point is hacking into systems to gain access and information. With certain upgrades, the player can hack into security hubs and turn robots and turrent guns against the enemies. Loads of fun to just sit back and watch a room get cleared out. Some points of the game where if you talk the right game or find the right access card, you can go into places without sneaking around. This makes missions much easier where all you focus on is the objective. Asside from they play mechanics, the game is pretty polished. Tight responsive controls and a solid visual presentation. The use of black and gold are really fitting and the enviroments look creative and well detailed. The different cities you visit all have there own look and feel. The only downside is the enemy AI can be a little silly at times like standing right in the open or throwing grenades at walls in front of them. Also the load times are too long which we shouldn't see in this day and age. This game took some getting used to but once I did, I couldn't let go. Expand
  85. Sep 28, 2011
    First of all, this game is a hundred times worse than Deus ex. But with that said, this is not a bad game! However I'm not sure if it had been anything special at all without the original game. My biggest problem is the story, which gets worse the longer you play. Very predictable, and I found myself not caring about the story at all in the end. The story was what elevated Deus Ex to be one of the greatest games ever, but this one is kinda bad. The gameplay is excellent, and the stealth elements are very well crafted. You always have different ways to solve missions. So yeah, I had fun playing it but I never really cared about the characters or the story.

Alex is stiff and boring. The graphics are horrible, a real disappointment for a game released in 2011. Stiff animations, and the cutscenes are the worst I've seen in years. They look incredibly dated, blocky and seem to have really low resolution.

So I think this is a good game, but it could have been great.
  86. Aug 27, 2011
    game is amazing one of the best this generation anyone who gives this game a poor score is not a gamer n should not write reviews on this site fun gameplay great story and great graphics this game is a gem you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play it one of the best this gen and destined to b a classic
  87. Oct 30, 2013
    In general im a big fan of games set in the future, Deus Ex fancies is a great example, from one of the big fears how humanity might evolve, if they temper with the human body.

I've been stunned by the amazing story, its got a emotional, but also makes you think what kind of secrets we would have in the real world.

This game has a amazing hud, good customizations choices, different
    paths of executing missions, and a good open end story.

Despite the bugs you sometimes encounter, nothing game breaking has been spotted by me personally, after playing the campaign 3 times, the A.I should be worked on, as they shoot as maniacs, and not really seem to have a brain.

9/10 is my final score for this game.
  88. Mar 5, 2012
    This was a difficult game to score because the first few hours of this game were amazing! It was a refreshing change from what I normally play. The art design, story and Adam Jenson especially were outstanding. However I felt the game became repetitive as I progressed. The scenarios, environments and gameplay became too similar after a while. Also this game feels a little bit old fashioned. It has long loading times and it loads at times you wouldn't expect it to. The gameplay too felt a bit old school. Small things such as aiming with the R3 button and that when your in first person you can't see any of your body just felt a bit old. The graphics engine also is dated because the game looks as though it could have come out 3 years ago. But what really frustrated me about this game were the size of the environments and the fact that you had to revisit them later on. The cities to be honest are tiny and empty. You don't feel interactive with them either. It's a shame because the story of this game is amazing and although the gameplay gets a bit repetitive its still fun. I really loved this game at the start, I would have given it a 9.5/10 it felt like something really special. But after about 15 hours of the game it starts to get old and a bit dull apart from the story. Its still a great game though but maybe they should have made it shorter. Expand
  89. Mar 19, 2013
    incredible game,really a great surprise for me!deus ex is not for casual gamer, not for stupid people....mature story, great design, an incredible situation and a lots of costumization for Adam....this is the perfect example who say what a game must be! great great great game!
  90. Nov 22, 2011
    A really interesting game with a lot of good ideas and an exciting cyberpunk atmosphere. But the shooting is still disappointing and the there are some difficulty up- and downturns that shouldn't be in it.
  91. Oct 21, 2011
    After all the fuss that has been made regarding this game I purchased it and expected big things however I was ultimately left thinking what could have been. There's no doubting that Deus Ex has a hell of a lot going for it and in many ways I was impressed by what was on offer but I just felt it lacked that something special to set it apart from everything else. The story is captivating and intrigiuing throughout and will constantly have you engrossed as the game progresses. The game begins with Adam Jensen at Safir Industries implementing security preparations however the building is suddenly attacked by heavily armed, augmented soldiers who leave you seriously injured, resulting in the only way Adam can survive is by himself having extensive augmentation. As you search for those responsible for the devastating attack you become embroiled a full blown conspiracy. Gameplay is very open and the fact you can decide how you approach the game is ofcourse only going to be a positive thing. Lethal or non-lethal mainly being the options however it's far more rewarding to use the stleath route making things really challenging rather than going in all guns blazing! Also, the ingame interaction is a genius idea and possibly the closest thing genre-wise to Mass Effect. The cover system also changes from first person, to third person. The main gripe I have with the game asides from the twitchy AI, which at times can spoil things, is the out of place boss battles. Not that their bad, the problem is for a game with such elements of choice every boss fight ends up in a firefight, no stealth or anything which contradicts eveyrthing else than the game does. Visually its a dark yet gorgeous open world and the game delivers a rich, atmospheric experience. By the time I was finished Deus Ex as i've said I appreciated what the game done and tried to do because in many ways it succeeds more than it fails however I felt it was a missed oppertunity. You will no doubt go back and play through again as its replay value is superb as each method in how you play the game will have you returning to choose a different path to see how things pan out. I would certainly recommend Deus-Ex: Human Revolution its an experience that will have you thinking about the game long after completion but, and maybe it's because I was expecting more from the game, I felt as though they really could have been onto something special. Expand
  92. Feb 3, 2013
    Cool atmosphere for this Sci-Fi RPG
  93. Nov 18, 2011
    Want a sci-fi action RPG? Look no further. Deus Ex Human Revolution is easily one of the greatest action rpgs released this entire generation. It is deep, long has an excellent story, tons of variety in areas and an absolutely kick ass combat/stealth system. Whoever wants to play as an epic super spy but do so in a well designed game and universe needs to put this game at the top of their list.
  94. Oct 10, 2011
    I personally felt that this game was a masterpiece in the way it went about telling its story. Graphically it impresses. The flaws I found I felt were minor enough that they didn't deter from the game play, which itself, is very enjoyable. I never got tired of seeing the cut scenes when you knock out or kill someone. There probably isn't as many side missions as there could have been, and I felt like they wanted to tell too much detail thru the pda's you find laying around or computers you hack, but there was just something unique and special about playing this.. It actually made me enjoy the single player experience again, something I've lacked lately. Definitely try this, at least give a rent. Expand
  95. Feb 26, 2013
    Deus Ex has a great atmosphere. I like the dark ambient. The gameplay is also very good. I also enjoyed the story but the endings are disappointing and the game was not as open as i expected. Still a good game.
  96. Sep 10, 2011
  97. Sep 16, 2011
    Now if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level of this game, I know I'd enjoy Call Of Duty games a hell of lot better if they were like this game. And through the game there is more than one way to do things, whether you prefer dog fighting, hacking, or just remaining unseen it's possible thought not always easy. There's still cover based shooting and chances are you will die a lot. Though like all games it has a few problems, some things don't seem resolved and you don't get to see the results of your ending. (Yes there are multiple) That aside this is an excellent game, now go you yourself and the world a favor and play it. Expand
  98. Sep 21, 2011
    I was initially put off this game due to the reviews of difficult boss battles and twitchy AI.... Luckily, as there is nothing else out there worth buying currently, I decided to go for it... And I'm so glad I did as it is an amazing game. Love the atmosphere and the relative freedom. I've just finished it and will probably start it all again soon - good replay value. Oh, and by the way, the boss battles are actually simple (just run up to them end hit them with two or three typhoon shots) Expand
  99. Mar 24, 2014
    This is game is quite different from whatever we are use to play, give us a great atmosphere in a future city with all that technology and is really dark all the narrative for the main story, at the beginning fell some sense of lack of information on how to play almost give up at the beginning, but late on was extremely satisfying all the silent approach to solve all the mission, really good game! 9 out of 10 for me Expand
  100. Sep 10, 2011
    this is my favourite game of the year. deus ex manages to capture a not to unrealistic world in one of the most amazing games of the year. you play as adam jensen and as I'm sure many of you know, your attacked by people at the start of the game. enhanced. and then left to do the story missions. The biggest focus's in the game are: Story Choice/Augmentation firstly the story in the game is perfect, it is what it should be and makes absolute sense. the setting is the modern renaissance. Humanity is on the verge of quote 'stealing fire from the gods' through augmenting humans. the result is a beautiful world by Eidos montreal. the world has a variety of graphics techniques to display atmosphere and themes. all of which were found in a renaissance.

the other important part in this game is choice/augmentation. as Jensen you can literally choose how you play the game. what many other games allude to but fail at doing. you can stealth pass someone, take them out silently, murder them viciously. use the passage hidden behind some boxes. all of this plays into the game really giving you the feeling it is your own unique play through. this choice is helped even more by the upgrade system, Augmentations, being a robotic like man you can change all of your skills much like in any RPG and these include recoil reduction, turn invisible and sprint longer all of the usual. but also others such as fall from any height and survive or kill everything in a surrounding radius, hack better. you name it every element of this game has his own little upgradable perk (if you will)

on the other hand the only problem with this game is the boss fights where for the most part all of the choice and different routes you found are taken away from you and you have to do fight it out like a shooter. the only other problem i had (which i do when entering games) is the change in controls, which you get used to but will kill you a lot in the first few levels

101. Sep 21, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.