Deus Ex: Human Revolution PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Jan 12, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to reportDeus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to report that this game will go down in history as one of the absolute finest out there. If you want a meaty single player experience that offers something truly unforgettable, you better get yourself a copy right now. Expand
  2. Feb 3, 2013
    Cool atmosphere for this Sci-Fi RPG
  3. Jan 1, 2013
    getting started was the hard part. once i was able to understand the significance of everything it became a great game. i absolutely loved it. the whole time the game has you begging for praxis points. the bosses were beatable, if you endured and watched your damage. the negative reviews could have been my words, but i am so glad that i stuck it through the hard parts, because thegetting started was the hard part. once i was able to understand the significance of everything it became a great game. i absolutely loved it. the whole time the game has you begging for praxis points. the bosses were beatable, if you endured and watched your damage. the negative reviews could have been my words, but i am so glad that i stuck it through the hard parts, because the game is fun. i'm going to replay it and i want to find some cheats to get more praxis points, addicting and fun. there is more than one way to beat the missions and if you try different things, you'll be successful. Expand
  4. Feb 26, 2013
    Deus Ex has a great atmosphere. I like the dark ambient. The gameplay is also very good. I also enjoyed the story but the endings are disappointing and the game was not as open as i expected. Still a good game.
  5. Feb 27, 2013
    Dues Ex: Human Revolution is multi genre game. All blended very nicely making it exciting game.
    Action, RPG Stealth I enjoy them all. Deus Ex achieved them all greatly.
    The storyline isn't as exciting as Metal Gear Solid ones. But still meaning full. Plenty of quests side quests with cool challenges. I enjoyed collecting all trophies for this game. It encourage you to play it smart
    Action, RPG Stealth I enjoy them all. Deus Ex achieved them all greatly.
    I enjoyed collecting all trophies for this game. It encourage you to play it smart rather than going around shooting everyone insight.
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    incredible game,really a great surprise for me!deus ex is not for casual gamer, not for stupid people....mature story, great design, an incredible situation and a lots of costumization for Adam....this is the perfect example who say what a game must be! great great great game!
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    A fantastic game, despite its meh graphics it still has nice environments, challenging combat, lenghty 25+ hours)and also a great storyline. Highly recommend it to players that like ARPG's and Stealth games
  8. May 15, 2013
    Played this on a friends PS3 and I was hooked from the start. Just sat there for the first 15 minutes listening to the music on the menu screen. Haven't been so excited about a music score since Bladerunner. The music is perfect for this game and creates a futuristic dystopian feel that stuck with me for ages. I couldn't get enough of it.

I loved getting points so that I could upgrade

I loved getting points so that I could upgrade the Augmentations. One of my favourite ones is being able to jump from any height and create a shield around you so you don't die when you hit the floor. Great sound effects and even better on kick arse surround sound system.

I loved the visual design and the graphics were good.

I clocked this game at least three times as you can make different decisions that affect game direction.

As some have stated here the bosses were a bit of a let down but the overall awesomeness of this game compensated for that.

I also get the feeling that some people would have preferred this to be just another first person shooter like Battlefield or Call of Duty. I am SO glad this game isn't like that. I am bored to death of FPS. They are a dime a dozen and lack any creativity and most are premised on the flimsiest of story lines. Every man and his dog has brought one out cause they're cheap to make. BORING!

This is how a game should be made. Recently some production and publishing houses have been treating their consumers with utter contempt (EA I'm looking at you) so It's great to see Square Enix and Eidos take the time and care to make a kick arse game. Thank you guys!

I am so tempted to go and buy my own PS3 just so I can play this game.
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    This is a great sci-fi rpg!! Its got a very interesting concept as far as the story and setting goes. It's also got some very memorable characters. However, the game definitely consists of more talking than it does action. Which is all good for me but if you're more into nonstop action you may wanna pass on this one!
  10. Jul 18, 2013
    I got this game purely off the reccomendations of game critics, at the time none of my friends were playing the game and I never played the original. At first I wasn't too impressed, while the opening of the game was alright it quickly fell down after that and I had to force myself to finish the first few levels. After this though the game shows that enduring this pays off and I finallyI got this game purely off the reccomendations of game critics, at the time none of my friends were playing the game and I never played the original. At first I wasn't too impressed, while the opening of the game was alright it quickly fell down after that and I had to force myself to finish the first few levels. After this though the game shows that enduring this pays off and I finally got invested in the story, and what a story. This is one of the best story-driven games out there both for Adam Jenson's personal adventure and for the backstory and side-quest characters. It is fun and interesting to choose you responses in conversations and listen to their response however I found it very easy to influence people's decisions and almost never failed at persuading people. It is just a shame that this is let down by a terrible ending that lacks any sense of closure. Without spoiling anything it is basically that an event happens and you're left to choose what to tell the world about it. Do you tell the truth or do you lie to further your own interests. It is just 4 different cutscenes which hardly explain anything and leave you with more questions than answers. The gameplay is much better though as long as you're playing stealthily, and augmentations are interesting and thoughtful and can be picked according to your play-style. I did have a problem with the cover system though and although it is conventional and good for stealth purposes, going loud will highlight the clunkiness of it. The boss fights are another flaw which do not fit at all into the rest of the game and often leave you confused with how to actually defeat them i.e. is there a specific weaknes I must exploit or do I shoot like crazy to win?. Theses sections are rare but when they happen it is extremely frustrating. The world which these fights take place in however is much more fleshed out with interesting characters, sidequests and backstory with graphics that aren't too bad to boot.

Summing up then this game does alot of of things well but is let down by an uninteresting opening, terrible boss fights and and an anti-climatic ending. I must point out though that while I spent alot of time pointing out the flaws these are only a small fraction of what is still a decent game. 8/10
  11. Aug 3, 2013
    Brings me right back to the first and second, although many improvement's graphics wise, and tuned gameplay, a very immersive game which kept me interested not just through the variety of the augmentations and being such a cool customer as Jensen but the story and ost are done to perfection which ties into this world greatly, only downfall was I found Detroit city a bit empty and a few tooBrings me right back to the first and second, although many improvement's graphics wise, and tuned gameplay, a very immersive game which kept me interested not just through the variety of the augmentations and being such a cool customer as Jensen but the story and ost are done to perfection which ties into this world greatly, only downfall was I found Detroit city a bit empty and a few too many wallpapered buildings, but now that the setting is grounded I hope that they expand for the sequel. if your a Deus Ex fan you shouldn't miss out in playing this game!!! Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2014
    (Please note: CoD will be mentioned in this review allot, those games suck, and if you like them, I advise you stop reading my review now, and go hit yourself atop the head with a brick, and hand over your precious cash for the new CoD that might just happen to be the same with a few minor tweaks, all while saying "Duh". And yes, I'm joking, if you didn't know that already then hit the(Please note: CoD will be mentioned in this review allot, those games suck, and if you like them, I advise you stop reading my review now, and go hit yourself atop the head with a brick, and hand over your precious cash for the new CoD that might just happen to be the same with a few minor tweaks, all while saying "Duh". And yes, I'm joking, if you didn't know that already then hit the books, not literally or physically).

So my original review was based on my first impressions.
    I still haven't beaten this yet, but I damn as well can tell ya,
    this game is worth every cent.
    It's not perfect in a half-life or zelda way, and though I haven't played the original nor the crappy sequel,
    I love this game.
    The A.I. is not always that smart however, and compared to the PC port (no, not the directors cut),
    you may experience framerate drops, and/or long loading screens.
    The RPG elements work I guess... but the only reason why I tried my hardest to find the praxis points was to well... improve my stealth.
    One nitpick I have this game, however, is the way the guns work. Now, I'm not asking for a Call Of Duty level of violence and gunplay, because that would have RUINED the stealth, much like the **** Call Of Duty: Ghosts (P.S. CoD is crap). I'm saying that if they do make a sequel to this (not 'the fall', as the PC port for that was lackluster, and weaker than the mobile version), that's another thing they can improve on.
    Now for the things I really like (so far):
    -The Sci-Fi setting is awesome, I really like how it places you in the middle of a war without going all rambo style or CoD style.
    -The story seems fresh and a departure from crappy stories before it (of course, the walking dead and the last of us both have really good post-apocalyptic plots too, but those were before this game).
    -The stealth is... good. After going through unit 13 (and finding out that the stealth in that game can't really be called "stealth"), and playing this fantastic game, I'm glad to see a good and *NEW* game that does stealth in all the right ways, especially if you have upgrades.

Overall, I'll give the actual game a 9 out of 10, but the console ports an 8 out of 10.

Pros:
    +Great story and setup
    +Fantastic world design
    +Great stealth and stealth mechanics
    +Functional and meaningful upgrades system

Cons:
    -Often framerate drops on PS3
    -Long loading screens
    -Poor gunplay on consoles

This game is great overall, and if you can get a good deal on this game,
    then I highly recommend it,
    the steam version is great... if you can accept that they've removed
    the version that had better graphics.
  13. Oct 30, 2013
    In general im a big fan of games set in the future, Deus Ex fancies is a great example, from one of the big fears how humanity might evolve, if they temper with the human body.

I've been stunned by the amazing story, its got a emotional, but also makes you think what kind of secrets we would have in the real world. This game has a amazing hud, good customizations choices, different

This game has a amazing hud, good customizations choices, different paths of executing missions, and a good open end story.

Despite the bugs you sometimes encounter, nothing game breaking has been spotted by me personally, after playing the campaign 3 times, the A.I should be worked on, as they shoot as maniacs, and not really seem to have a brain.

9/10 is my final score for this game.
  14. Nov 16, 2013
    i still got 2004 and 05 game magz, when deus ex was still in development. never knew what it was, just years later i seen it at gamestop. in jail luckily they had that same mag that i use to have with deus ex leaks of gameplay. i read deus ex over and over millions of times in jail, just waiting for its release as well as my own lol
  15. Mar 2, 2014
    A fun stealth/cyber punkish sort of game. I like the main character, and the overall feel of the game, the graphics could have been better, it felt outdated. Other than that fun game. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  16. Mar 24, 2014
    This is game is quite different from whatever we are use to play, give us a great atmosphere in a future city with all that technology and is really dark all the narrative for the main story, at the beginning fell some sense of lack of information on how to play almost give up at the beginning, but late on was extremely satisfying all the silent approach to solve all the mission, reallyThis is game is quite different from whatever we are use to play, give us a great atmosphere in a future city with all that technology and is really dark all the narrative for the main story, at the beginning fell some sense of lack of information on how to play almost give up at the beginning, but late on was extremely satisfying all the silent approach to solve all the mission, really good game! 9 out of 10 for me Expand
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    A game worthy of the Deus Ex name. Fantastic stealth-based action with a variety of ways to conquer each mission and filled with intriguing characters and side-quests. The ending may leave a bitter taste in the mouth but don't let it take away the magnificence of what came before it.
  18. Feb 6, 2015
    This game b awesome sauce-em. Is teh ai good? Not really. Are graphics good? Nothing special. Is everything else great? Pretty much - craptastic did i mention ai? Good rpg/fps hybrid.
  19. Apr 16, 2015
    Just a little over a week ago it was announced Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, so I decided it was the right time to say what I think of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. When I started to play it, I was already aware of the prestige that had the first Deus Ex, even though I had never played it, and at the same time I had heard good things of Human Revolution.

The plot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

The plot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is really exciting, a great storyline. It is full of actuality, yet also of postmodernism: conspiracy theory, population control, the power of the corporations, the influence of media, social differences, transhumanism. In addition, the artistic achievement in cyberpunk and futuristic style is great and very immersive. The characterization of the characters is very well done, and the protagonist Adam Jensen has his own personality, has his own story behind him, and the concept of the transhuman revolves all around him. I liked the different endings. That one of Deus Ex is a story that can teach a lot about many things. Simply excellent.

The gameplay of Human Revolution is rather difficult to define: switching from a first person view to a third, when you stand behind the shelters is made very well, and it do not bother. The other important factor is the mechanic as rpg-game, which allow not only to have an inventory and manage the content you get, but also to improve the different skills of Jensen, or acquire new ones. The management system of dialogues is well structured and resembles to the same in Mass Effect. The stealth component of the game is done quite well, but I found some flaws that I did not like, and this part of the gameplay could be deeper and improved. What really clashes with the very essence of the game are the boss fights, neither ugly nor beautiful, simply useless. Game developers should have had to remember that this is not Metal Gear Solid, this is Deus Ex.

The graphics of the game is very nice, but what is surprising is the artistic level that makes the cyberpunk to perfection. Beautiful also the soundtrack.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great game from which to start the rise in the world of Deus Ex. A fantastic game, undermined only by a few problems, that however are forgettable.
  20. Feb 8, 2016
    Moody, atmospheric, well written, story driven, smooth... This was the best game I played on PS3. This is an action role player, situational puzzle and choice driven game with smooth shooter mechanics where appropriate. Just wonderful.
  21. Mar 5, 2016
    Aunque el jefe final me dejara con un sabor agridulce (por lo sencillo que fue acabar con él), la historia que se desarrolla alrededor de Adam es impresionante y, dentro de poco, muy de actualidad.
  22. Jul 21, 2016
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Gameplay Freedom
    Deus ex is a first person stealth / shooter game, and I say slash because neither of these 2 are forced. Deus ex was clearly designed with stealth in mind… This is a game where you play as a man who is critically injured early on in the game and wakes up augmented… This essentially means he’s part robot… These augmentations give you way
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Gameplay Freedom
    Deus ex was clearly designed with stealth in mind…
    This essentially means he’s part robot…
    These augmentations give you way points on the screen, energy and can be upgraded as you play. Through an xp system to eventually be able to hack higher leveled security panels, be immune to poison gas, have more energy among many other things…
    There are also stealth augments if you choose to play this game stealthily…
    Everything about Deus Ex is so greatly designed…
    You can sneak around cover perfectly, climb through vents to pass patrolling guards…you can create your own cover by moving objects... you can sneak up behind enemies to either put them asleep or take them out for good, one being louder than the other, as well as hide their bodies to not alert everyone..
    You can play through the entire game without killing anyone…
    This game is also greatly designed for aggressive players like me
    so you have the option to play the game as a 3rd person shooter like I did as enemies do all carry weapons and ammo…
    This gives such a great feeling of freedom to truly tackle the game in any way you desire unlike other games that promise this but never truly deliver…
    its delivered here…
    You can peak over cover, and there is a variety of heavy, combat, and compact weapons, all with their own unique feel to them…
    All of this gameplay freedom sounds great but it’s not even the best part of the game…
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is hands down one of the most fleshed out games I’ve played period…
    There are side missions to complete…. Conversations to be had to convince a character to allow you to go inside a building for example, or to prevent a suicide… and not only are there conversations for you as the player, but the characters that inhabit this world all have conversations going on as well…
    Some seemingly random, I never heard the same line of dialog twice, bringing so much life into this world…
    you’ll hear characters on the streets of the handful of cities you visit asking for directions and the locals making fun of them because of the location they ask for… you’ll hear guards and janitors talk about work…
    it’s really perfectly done and other developers need to take note…
    The only downside to this game is ultimately the story…
    It’s the typical bad guys wanting to use technology for bad things story..
    It never really kept my intention or kept me pushing forward, luckily the gameplay is good enough to carry the game on its own.
    I give Deus Ex Human Revolution
    an 8.5/10

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.