8.2

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    The year is 2027, and Sarif Industries is the world's premier manufacturer of human bio-mechanical â
  3. Aug 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. This game is hard as nails.. I've never been this frustrated/excited and constantly having to re-load saves since old school games.
  4. Aug 25, 2011
    How to describe this game: Cool, fun, interesting, and very challenging. I enjoy that I really have to think about what I'm doing if I want to reach my objectives without alerting enemies or setting off alarms.

The writing is good and I can tell the writers at Eidos have a masterful grasp of the key themes of Deus Ex. The game is sufficiently large and open enough not to feel
    restrictive, in fact I know I've missed certain paths so far during my playthrough because I was trying to avoid danger or just progress faster.

All of the gameplay systems like the weapons modding and the Praxis (skill) tree are deep and force you to choose between two or more awesome options. It's the kind of game where I won't mind going through it again on the highest difficulty setting because although you die very fast if you take direct gunfire, there are dozens of ways to meet every objective and if you play around and explore you will win.
  5. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - and thoroughly immersing. The sheer amount of options at your disposal when customizing your character is astounding. I found myself taking forever to choose where I would use my praxis points, as almost every decision you make in Human Revolution has a direct impact in your experience. And that is fantastic. Rarely have I found myself so drawn into a world, a game, the way I have with Human Revolution. If you're a fan of engaging stories, intense action and Rpgs in general, then do yourself a favor and buy this game. Expand
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    Super le jeux!! Félicitation à Edios Montréal. Le jeux est long et pas facile. Un jeux à esseyer absolument.
  7. Aug 25, 2011
    An incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about in accomplishing your tasks is as well; there is almost limitless freedom in your choices.

A solid, stunning release which incorporates solid gameplay, incredible art, a superb soundtrack and absolutely brilliant writing and story to deliver a game truly worthy of the Deus Ex name.
  8. Aug 24, 2011
    The biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to the cult classic and is a masterpiece on its own. It shows that, even in the year 2011 and despite the obsession of the gaming industry with simplifying games to the point where they can barely be called games anymore, it is still possible to have a high budget, blockbuster gaming experience designed not to be played by your grandma, but by you. Expand
  9. Oct 31, 2012
    My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

It's hard for me to finish a game as to many undisclosed factors are needed for me to be captivated from start to finish. Deus Ex : Human Revolution is one of those rare games that not only i enjoy the art and design along with the story, but i also played it like no other world exists besides the dark Earth despicted here
    due to the gameplay and combat machanics.

The soundtrack was also great and the main theme deserves some awards. Overall the Audio was top notch as i never noticed some weird or misplaced thing (you notice a bad audio programming or sound right away, but a good job in the Audio department turns the Audio almost invisible for the player)

There is room for improvement for the next installement.
    I hope the dialogs get to be more interactive and original. And that good idea of mixing dialog scenes with gameplay have me jumping on the seat and scratching my head on why didn't they developed it with even more interactivity, and allowing the gamer to make use of the habilities of the character.
    The textures overall were just average with some things much better that others.

P.S - I didn't found a bug or a serious glitch... and that makes want to award Square Enix with a medal for the respect shown towards the consumergamer that some other publishers and studios lack these days. Even if that category shouldn't be allowed to exist, the truth is that with Skyrim winning the GOTY of 2011 (and still gathering awards and new users every week) that category was created.
  10. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is amazing. Really, i never give games the perfect score but i make exception for a exceptional game. The story line is great, the side quests are great, the controls are intuitive, the graphics are good, the soundtrack is epic; this game does everything great. I have nothing more to say, i am astonished, and this masterpiece must be in every gamers collection.
  11. Aug 26, 2011
    Simply one of the best games this year! This game is something that Invisible war should've been. This game is great but its not for everyone. Shooting your way out isn't always the best solution because u might get your self killed easily. The fans of original Deus Ex will love this like i do! This might not be as good as the original but its veeeeerry close! Totally recommending this game!
  12. Aug 27, 2011
    Running Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time I was immediately captivated by the cyberpunk atmosphere that has become so rare these days. To have a game as great as this come out so soon after I personally thought the "Action/Espionage/RPG" genre was dead due to games such as Alpha Protocol is simply amazing. Even the mini games have a level of polish unparalleled in modern games. Hacking for instance gives you a sense of accomplishment that is surprising. I found myself looking forward to level five locks and dreading them at the same time. Persuasion was also interesting, while not on the same level as L.A. Noir, which is to be expected, it is still both engaging and rewarding. The weapon customization is incredibly enjoyable as well. It makes you search high and low throughout the city hubs and levels to find everything so that you can finish your weapon of choice. After only a couple hours of play I was ready to elope to Vegas with my pistol. It was nice to see an RPG that not only explained your abilities and why you can not use them fully from the beginning and allows a believable way to level up rather than arbitrary experience points. Away from the mini games and level up mechanics, the controls take a little to get used to, and for the first few hours you may find yourself fumbling with the shoulder buttons a bit but it is one of the more polished schemes I have encountered. It is like a Dvorak keyboard for coding. The stealth mechanics are not overly easy nor are they too challenging. A few of the upgrades are a little overpowered and could take up more power or consume a whole cell; especially the Icarus landing system, but aside from some minor mechanics that make stealth almost too easy it is balanced by a fairly unforgiving power system. Combat is a well oiled machine that allows you to feel like a badass without making you feel like a god. Minor choices are there in the form of "Do I hack open that door even though if I don't finish in 23 seconds I will screw myself to have to shoot every last person, or do I let the small pocket of xp go and focus on the mission?" This decision comes up a lot and you may be missing out on 600 or so xp and 2 much needed energy bars but is it worth risking your 750 stealth bonus? With regards to the story the choices you make in missions affects future side missions, as well as future decisions. There are a few choices you make that you see a negative outcome for, but go through with it anyway thinking it will be okay just to have your worst nightmare come true.The NPCs and the tension that there is among them is tangible, the augs vs. purist is beyond the galaxy vs. quarian, or human vs. nonhuman. It is a fear that goes beyond physical differences such as ears or height, it is a fear that stems from one group being physically "superior" to another and the latter being threatened. Something that amused me was the fact that the hobos at times seemed to be the most sane and level headed of all. Hidden beneath the heavy story and "I am a badass here to save the world" attitude is a social commentary that is both deep and hilarious. "That goddamned bathroom mirror." The story ramps up from a simple kidnapping/revenge/attack to a global conspiracy that takes you through several cities of the future and 4 amazing boss battles that will leave you scratching your head but give you another sense of accomplishment. Only one of them was I almost laughing at due to its simplicity but that was after a solid half hour of trial and error. The ending of Deus Ex: Human Revolution gave me the shivers due to it's brilliance. Your final choice is a big one, big enough that I made myself a sandwich and debated with myself what I should chose. In the end without ruining it for those yet to play, I was worried. I grew attached to this make believe world and the people inhabiting it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a game that should have come out last year, simply for the reason that if it had it would have won game of the year. It still might, however with all the heavy hitters set to come out this November, Skyrim, it is going to have a difficult time. In all honesty, this is a game I will be proud to play 10 years from now. Truly one of the greatest stealth games of all time. I want to keep talking about it but unfortunately my characters are running short. If you like stealth games, RPGs, Action Shooters, Books, Movies, breathing, sex, or a combination of the above; this is a game you must own. Simply Amazing. Expand
  13. Aug 30, 2011
    After just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, the stunning visuals make this world so tangible, the player feels like they are actually living every nail-biting second right next to the hero, Adam Jensen. Add to this mix, top notch writing and some of the best voice work I have ever heard in a game. This was a day 1 purchase for me, and I was not disappointed. This game turned out to be all I hoped it would be and more. Expand
  14. Aug 30, 2011
    @ Sh0ckeD ,,

You gave it a 3 based upon, you have to repeat the same section until you get "luck"....

Has it occurred to U , that maybe the game is OK but that it is you just suck at this game....

I have no problems with it
  15. Sep 1, 2011
    GIVE ME DEUS EX!!! I can't believe how faithful they were to the original Deus Ex. I had such high hopes for this game that I was sure I would feel let down in some way, but instead I am amazed to find out that it is even better than I had hoped. This is a must have for every serious gamer.
  16. Aug 27, 2011
    awesome game with a huge amount of content to keep you engaged for a long time. excellent back story and soundtrack deserve special mentions.. in my opinion the game is technically sound despite one or two minor gripes. it does what it sets out to do well.. OVERALL, ONE OF THE BEST RELEASES OF THE YEAR
  17. Aug 31, 2011
    Unbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game proves that there is more to gaming than just pretty graphics. The story is consuming, the atmosphere is amazing, the RPG elements are PERFECTLY balanced, and the game play is addicting. This game is the closest game to perfection. 5 years from now, I really think that people will be voting this game to be one of the best of all time... it's that good. Buy it, get past the tutorial (about an hour), and realize what I'm talking about. Expand
  18. Aug 28, 2011
    There are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewards anyone intelligent enough to try new things. And if you aren't, that's your problem. Expand
  19. Feb 25, 2012
    Very good game. The game play is fun and I do not notice any long loading times that some people keep going on about. However, my one gripe is that the graphics in the cinematic segments don't seem to be polished enough. Apart from this, a good game.
  20. Aug 27, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is a prequel to the 2000 game Deus Ex it's a game by Eidos Montreal. This game is great. It's a great stealthy combat fest. You play Adam Jensen an ex-SWAT security expert in the year 2027. It's based in America from Detroit to Montreal. The first mission sets up the game completely a mysterious augmented merc almost kills you on an attack on sarif industries. The game is about cybernetic augmentation and to save his life Jensen must undergo a 6 million dollar operation to get augmented.The combat is fleshed out and using your augs with the combat is great there are stealth, hacking, armored skin and even eye augs this is a great system. You unlock praxis via xp to get augs. During missions you have to stealth talk or hack your way in or you just go crazy and kill everybody the place but I liked sneaking in and knocking them out with tranquilizers. The hacking mini game is all right unlike bioshocks one. The stealth is great too. The cover system is the best ive seen in a FPS. You have an inventory so you cant grab everything you find and big weapons take up alot while pistols take up small amounts. Choices also affect his game like if you non lethal take down it could have a positive affect on the mission. This game is about giving you options its great. One complaint the controls on the consoles you cant change them and they are not typical FPS controls so that annoyed me a bit. But it looks great the futuristic setting is great and it is one of the best looking games of the year from facial expressions to design. The guns have a good sound and the music gives a good background noise. It is an incredibly stealthy and slick game best FPS i have ever played i'll give it a 10 out of 10. You can find this review on my blog at http://maximalistgtg.blogspot.com/2011/08/deus-ex-human-revolution.html Expand
  21. Aug 27, 2011
    This games is simply amazing, Very rarely are there games like this, Games that let you choose how to play, Persuader, Stealth Specialist, Gun Wielder or Hacker, More than likely a bit of each.
    This game is full to the brim with secrets And those secrets can be found in many ways just like the main quests and side quests can be solved in many ways.
    I have read elsewhere that people think
    the control is taken away from you in boss battles, But the way I see it they ended the way they ended because of the enemies choice and not my own, Boss battles should end a certain way(I think we all know what I mean)Back in the day you worked hard figuring out how to take that boss down and to have you let them walk away afterwards seems kinda Redundant.
    Official reviewers state is takes about 20-40 hours to complete but I completed it in under that, I am now on my second play-through but the decision I made to by the game was partially based on the Estimated time of completion.
    I Still do not regret this buy as the game is full of more content I missed on my first play-through as well as plenty of story Elements I messed up the First time because I went around acting like a Dick-head.
    Not to mention that shooting feels great and the stealth is fairly pleasing, Talking felt simple at times(to little choices) But Overly difficult at the same time(To hard to guess what they want to hear, Augs can help).
    I would recommend this to anyone who likes RPG/FPS/Awesome Stealthage!
  22. Aug 31, 2011
    I'll keep this short and sweet. It captures everything about the first Deus Ex that I loved and fixes the things I did not. Art style is incredible, though the graphics (especially the character models & facial expressions) are less than stellar. Still, with the carefully thought out gameplay mechanics & multi-path approach, this game lived up to the hype for me.
  23. Sep 1, 2011
    One of the best and compelling games I've played. A great mix of game play styles with open RPG elements, interesting FPS gameplay, and even on "linear" FPS levels, there are a broad range of choices and methods for completing each mission.

Overall, the style, atmosphere and tone is fantastic. The only downside is that some of the non-essential npcs seem too scripted and distant, and
    overall the voice acting could have been better. Expand
  24. Sep 9, 2011
    well i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles and a p.c. and dont go with the fanboy flow. i put a game in and press play and tell you what i think and judge a games content regardless of the category of game it falls under(sports, f.p.s.,rpg,mmo etc),in other words "well this isnt my kind of game so i give it a 5" will never come out of my mouth. w/ that said i look for the key ingredients(gameplay,graphics/visuals,sound,controlsreplay worth and fun factor. of course story is judged if in fact there is one.) which fulfill my gaming cravings and if there are a few extra spices thrown in,well then a game like deus ex comes to mind. i did not know what i was jumping into here, i just know that here we have a p.c. to console and usually its not a smooth transition(port). but as all games i do my best to keep all thoughts to a min, and try and keep my mind clear when playing in order to game w/o any mental obstacles. so as i wait for the games first cut scene to finish i was own my way to being an augmented alex jensen via ps3 and right away i notice that the game is promising in regards to a detailed and story driven game,hopefully this will be the case up until the credits. while playing im noticing the ample amounts of boxes and tunnels for which was disturbing to some but to me i couldnt rationalize knit picking over "too many boxes" and then speaking about them in a review as to say "thus i had to take a point away',lol. graphically i was loving my surroundings and the textures were smoother than i expected and so the visuals were good, a few hours into the game i felt like i should make some coffee because im ready for the long haul, i want to see what happens next and w/ when cut scenes would surface i would welcome them rather than skip, which is something i have done w/ many games, but not this one. i felt like i would cheat myself out of a story which i was becoming more and more involved with. choices, yes there are many and you can tackle this game being non-lethal or an enraged alex jensen who will shed blood to find to the truth or you can combine the 2, which i did but it was not by choice,lol.. it was an error on my part. so right away i am saying to self "i must play through this again without anyone getting hurt other than the bosses which the element of choice is no longer apparent. some of the augmentations , after finishing the game, i realized i wish i had activated earlier and this i will/am during my second play through. mostly first person but will show alex in 3rd person when in cover, sneaking around. some will argue that it should have been done one way or another, i argue that the remedy worked for me. the inventory can be upgraded by priaxis points(which is how you upgrade all your aug's, priaxis kit's can be bought also if you have the money to afford them) and some weapons i.e. rocket launcher is demanding of space, alot of it, last time i checked these were very big and bulky weapons so it makes sense. well the story is picking up, no hiccups in that department, its getting strong and so is alex. what really appealed to me was how creatively this was put together and some are the visuals are works of art, using colrs which many games will dare not even blend into a game, this one tends to be its own game and likewise with its choice of backdrops and use of color. the guns feel nice, and yes the also can be upgraded which i wont get into , but lets just say you will be happy with the results of your fav gun when fully upgraded. the map designs where nice and also had a very direct way marker system, i could go on forever about all the content in this game, there tons of it. so lets get down to what may shed some light on deus ex from my opinion. its a game which pulled me in, and never let me go. i was thinking about this game well after i finished it and i wanted to do it all again, just for the sake to see what couldve been ,might have been and what not. and the last time i felt like this was w/ mgs4 and no i am not comparing the 2, just giving an example, thats how i felt. there is alot of content and goodies w/ this game. there are times when i was in my chair , eyes wide open, tired physically but i needed to see more. the game gave me an exp which i have not had in quite some time on a console. and this is in my opinion, a must add to collection, a must own and more importantly, a must play.palms sweaty, which way do i go, have to get my hack skill up, do i need to max out my cloaking, what gun should i drop to make room for this one, ladder or tunnels, gotta find that security hub, thanks 4 a great game edios , front 2 back Expand
  25. Jul 29, 2012
    It is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations taking people past their physical limits albeit only the ones that can afford it, was attacked by a group of mercenaries AKA "The Tyrants" who seek the typhoon explosive system (TES) which is doubtlessly the most destructive augmentation devised so far. In that attack, Adam Jensen, former cop turned Head of Security at Sarif was brutally attacked which resulted in him getting several augmentations to save his life. It is time to start the Human Revolution as Jensen in an epic RPG prequel to Deus Ex, set in a similar dystopian world to uncover the truth and time to make Decisions, Decisions and Decisions..
    This, people, is what an exemplary FPS game is.
  26. Sep 16, 2011
    Deus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some of these comments are valad i don't see anything game breaking here and the point some people are missing with Deus Ex is that the whole is definitely greater then the sum of it's parts. Many games these days make boasts about giving you freedom of choice but very few games give you the chance to go where you want, do what you want and play the way you want to as well as this. One of the GOTY contenders without a doubt. Expand
  27. Sep 3, 2011
    After discovering that my stability problems were caused by my ISP AND that the game was twice as long as I'd been led to believe I am re-reviewing it as a 9/10.
    It would score 10 if not for the silly requirement to be online during solo play. Stupid DRM, amazing game.
  28. Sep 7, 2011
    Truly amazing. Finally, this game takes me back to the original on PC. Amazing graphics, story and gameplay combine to create a truly immersive experience. Turn the lights down, the sound up and hang on to your controller. Great customization in both your character and weapons. Diversity on how you decide to tackle any situation you are facing. Take the enemy head on? Sure if you want. Sneak around and take them out silently? Yup, that too. Sneak about and hack terminals shutting down cameras and allowing turrets and robots to do your dirty work? Here as well. Or, combine them all and mix it up, play your way. Kudos to Eidos Montreal & Square Enix. This game rocks, don't miss it. Expand
  29. Sep 3, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is a great game who deserve a hight rating. It's a true rpg (you can really play a role) , with a great and immersive story, the gameplay give a incredible freedom at the player and every mission can be completed in many different ways. The player can change the itself story with his choise during the game and so he can find different story end. We can't take all the praxis (the power up for the our character) so they are very important for choose of our gameplay style and force the player to consider carefully the ability to upgrade. Therefore deus ex is very replayable game, the longevity for a single run is aroud 20h more 10h for the secondary mission hence the total longevity is aroud the 60-90h, a very good value for this generation. The only marginal problem of the game is a good but not incredible graphic, hower the most important things for a rpg are a perfect design, a involving story and especially a deep gameplay so you don't note too much .
    To put it simple Deus Ex HR is a amazing game how we don't see from a long time, recommended to everybody except to the fan of the fps - all graphic and simple gameplay .
  30. Sep 6, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very good game, even though it has it's flaws. Yet, which game doesn't?

If seen as part of the Deus Ex game series, it is simply the logical conclusion, both gameplay-wise and technologically. The world that the first game tried to show and the second game failed to show is rendered beautifully and in a very convincing way in this reincarnation.

Yet it
    would be severely limiting to see this game as just "the new Deus Ex", as it is so much more. It is once again a game with a really unique visual style, which is something only few games can claim. A title similar in this fashion was Mass Effect 2 and in fact both games share many positive similarities.

Last but not least, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is probably not only one of the few pieces of quality cyberpunk media, but also one of the best things so far in this increasingly rare genre.
  31. Sep 6, 2011
    great game that brings me back to the first deus ex (still my favorite game of all time). little bit disappointed about the cutscenes where the choices are made for you although the rest of the game you can make all the choices. gameplay is awesome because of the way you can handle everything, play stealth, gun blazin, lethal/non-lethal (with the achievements for it) and the story is very well written and puts some very interesting topics in front of you which make you think about what the futurre will hold in store for us Expand
  32. Mar 4, 2012
    There aren't many games on the market that can pull off stealth gameplay successfully and in an entertaining manner, but this game is certainly one of them. In fact if you aren't a fan of stealth you can just avoid it all together if you wish and attack the enemy head on. The game world is dark and gritty, with a deep storyline and a host of side-quests and background stories to keep you entertained. The are multiple ways and paths to achieve your objectives, with differing results. The rpg-style levelling system is very enjoyable, unlocking new interesting and very useful powers of your choice as you progress, which keeps the experience fresh.

However the boss battles are a big letdown, particularly with the final boss. In addition to this the ending(s) are also disappointing, and these issues stop the game from becoming a masterpiece. That said, this remains a brilliant game and is a must for fans of action-rpgs and sci-fi.
  33. Dec 20, 2012
    Just an all around great game. Great plot, setting,gameplay, audio, and graphics. Not a 10 because I felt the amount of gameplay time was on the low side compared to other games. Still worth at least a peek.
  34. May 8, 2012
    An incredibly solid single player experience. I bought Deus Ex ignorant to the series and to reviews, didn't know what I was getting when I was using my best-buy gift card. And holy crap am I glad I bought it. The game at it's core is like a hybrid of regular oldschool FPS, stealth gameplay, and a bit of objective based "quest"-system. (you can get optional side-quests to complete in different areas of the game) Every mission or goal always has optional paths and ways to complete it, and depending on how you upgrade your character, you may not always be able to access the other options. you really can end up playing the game completely different from your friends. Especially if you decide to upgrade different weapons than others. You can go in guns blazing, or sneak around like Solid snake, taze people and hide their bodies, or even silently kill them with the pistol and silencer. The story itself is engrossing, and does a great job of portraying a culture war between cybernetic people, and anti-cybernetic people, in a way that's compelling and never draws a clear good-guy / bad-guy (except for of course, the MAIN badguys/terroists, lol) By the end of the game, I was hacking into every computer, and reading ever email and piece of news, just to soak it all in. Graphics are nice, crisp and sleek, with an incredible soundtrack to match the games cyber-punk future. The only down-side is that it ends. Honestly, one of the best single player games I've played in a REALLY long time. Expand
  35. Aug 10, 2012
    I have not played any of the other installments of the deus ex series. Playing this makes me want to play the other installments. If you are considering this game buy it. By now the game only costs $20, that means buy it. BUY THIS GAME. It still is on my top 10 games iv'e ever played. The only flaw in this game is the boss battles. They are terrible but don't take away from this great experience. Expand
  36. Jun 22, 2012
    I absolutely love Deus Ex: human revolution.deus ex hr is my favorite game so far.now I know it's 2012 and this game came out last year but I had to come on here and speak my mind of this masterpiece of a game.the rpg/shooter /stealth mechanics are top notch and feel great on a ps3 controller,also I must add is that deus ex looks waaaay better on ps3 than xbox 360.now there are some bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking that I have seen so far.this is a must buy to anyone who likes a great game. Expand
  37. Mar 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus ex human revolution is easily one of my favourite games this generation. I felt like I was back in the 90's where places felt like places and not corridors with conveniently placed walls. For once, and this is something that rarely happens in modern video games, I didn't play just to be "rewarded with a cutscene"(like Assassin's Creed). The simple act of "walking" or "exploring" a building is interesting. Problem solving is really effective, you can have multiple ways to achieve the same goal, and previous decisions would develop different developments (especially for some secondary missions). Replay value is also a factor, I'm playing the game for a second time and I discovered new things, new paths I didn't notice the first time. Story is intriguing, but somehow I didn't get what was going on in the latter half of the game and Adam feels less and less human ( I mean he doesn't show any personality whatsoever), but I think that was a design choice proving that he's losing his human side. The ending though end the mythology arc but doesn't provide resolutions to the characters. I hope this game gets a sequel, expanding the good sides and improving the few downsides, especially a more character-driven plot simpler to follow. Expand
  38. Mar 7, 2012
    Awesome game. This is my first game from this series and I was glad I played it. The graphic and audio is top notch. One of the best visuals I seen in a while. The game has their own style of cyber punk and works really well. The game allows you to choose how you want to play the game. You can sneak through the whole game like Snake in Metal Gear Solid if you choose or go in there and start killing every enemy like Rambo if you choose. It doesn't limit the amount of ways you can enter into a room (like break a wall or hacking a door) and it's just fun to have all these abilities to try out. I played both stealth and run n gun the enemies and they are both fun. You have many different abilities to upgrade that will suit the style you want to play and each upgrade makes you feel like you actually have a upgrade. If you're a trophy hunter like me, than their is a fair about of trophies that are easy to get with a single play through. I highly recommend this game. This game is worth your time and money. Expand
  39. Mar 13, 2012
    Gah, just loved this game. I've only recently discovered the 'cyber-punk' genre (through william gibson's sprawl trilogy) and found this game was right up my alley. A very cool yet easy to understand story, plenty of interesting sidequests, and the ability to go through the main quests in a variety of ways providing a good amount of replay value. My only issue with the game is that some of the augments seem to be supremely underpowered no matter what playstyle you use, and that the boss fights were a spike in difficulty (either too easy or hard, depending on your approach). Also, unless you are really into exploring and ready text (which I am fine with), you may miss out on a lot of the storyline. I'm extremely glad I checked this game out (having not played any of the other deus ex titles). I say that honestly, and am in no way influenced by a CASIE augment.... at least I don't think so.... Expand
  40. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is definitely a must-buy, especially if you like sci-fi. The game has a great plot, a terrific atmosphere and a fresh cyberpunk setting not explored in gaming many times. The gamplay is awesome, as it is very open and you can approach every level the way you want.
    If you like sci-fi, you'll love this game.
  41. May 10, 2012
    Masterpiece! I guess, it's the best games ever i played in PS3 right now. Best graphics, best shooting system, upgrade system, and many more. The non repetitive gameplay and story makes me want to play it more.
  42. Oct 16, 2012
    Long, complex, detailed, an exciting world to explore, a story that grabs you and wraps, which never loses interest during the many hours it takes, a freedom to resolve situations huge with a seamless gameplay, Deus ex: Human Revolution is round.
  43. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved it loved it!! amazing story, world and characters. Although battles with bosses seemed out of a completely different game, still its very well integrated.
    Music its great, my respect to the developers
  44. Nov 2, 2011
    one of the better RPG's ive played in awhile . a solid story and it plays abit like metal Gear Solid except in first person view . the game rewards you for being stealthy but if you want to just go in guns a blazin you can do that too. so you can play the game how you want too. there is also some really well done side quest that are actaully pretty long. there is also a good amount of guns to use . upgrading your character is very deep and you can unlock all kinds of cool stuff like invisability , punch through weak walls , and all kinds of other stuff. the game has a decent length to it to finish it . around 20-30 hours depending on if you take on alot of side quests or not or if you just blaze through shooting every thing. the game also has 4 differnt endings so there is replay value. the visauls are alittle mixed . the back ground graphics look pretty good and some of the charicter models look ok but alot of them just look bland . if you want a fun stealth based RPG then deus EX is surely worth getting. Expand
  45. Sep 10, 2011
    Spoiler-Free: This really is one of those rare games that comes along every so often. It's flawed in so many ways, but just keeps you coming back for more and more. The overall main story arc is very interesting while sometimes confusing. It's been in development for four years and the graphics show it, especially the cut scenes (being spoiled by the current generation of graphics probably spoils the expectations here). However, the conceptual art concept works great with an impressive atmosphere and vibe. Loved being able to save anywhere. Mapping system via HUD needs improvement. Inventory systems works fine but limits you intentionally. Augmentations are nicely done, but some are worthless. Never crashed even once. I'm very familiar with the original Deus Ex on the PC, and it's clear this game has managed to capture that same vibe. Fun, worth it, and one of the best this year or last. Strong 90% grade overall. Expand
  46. Sep 26, 2011
    We all know the boss fights are bad. If you didn't, well now you do. No matter how you play the game or the upgrades you get they are still frustrating. I have played through three times, stealthy, gadget/hack freak, armor and guns blazing and each time I would stall at a boss and die multiple times. 10+ easy on each boss on each play through. That said the rest of the game is so amazing and fun that I played through three times already, knowing the bosses would be lame. The enviornments are beautiful and so are the characters. the lip sync is ok but most games don't have good lip sync. Also most animations are stiff but it kinda isn't distracting considering the context and the world it's in. I wouldn't be happy go lucky swinging my arms about and shouting in this world ever. I mean this for the conversation scenes. fights and sneaking around are great fun, animations are great and the AI is really good. not the best but i'd say better than most. Especially considering the different ways you can play this game it doesn't shine above anything in any aspect but is still great or at least good. The way it shines above others is the amount of choices you are given, from upgrades to approaching any situation. Each play through of mine I did each situation differently and found new things and places. If you love sci-fi and blade runner type stuff BUY this game. if you like RPGs buy this game. otherwise rent, but don't miss this game. Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2011
    If you could take a FPS, a RPG, a cover based shooter, a Metal gear game and combine them, you would get Deus ex human revolution. the result of 10 years of videogames evolution has inspired this;which is, in my opinion, the best game of the year. The game nails it when it come to atmosphere and Theme. Everyone around you is obssesed with augmentations and **** Being Adam Jensen, the coolest protagonist i'v seen in a long time in a videogame, you allways feel like you are truly a badass, with all those augmentations that can be purchased and upgraded. The game is always encouraging you to explore everything it has to offer, and do it YOUR way. The game treats you as a person with intelligence, rather then a brainless moron that needs linearity and handholding all the way through. You CAN clear out an entire room of soldiers with a giant rifle, Or you could sneak like a bollock in a air vent and slip by, leaving a lot of those question marks that MGS idiot soldiers used to have above their heads.The problem is that the game doesn't excell at anything parcticularly, besides the awsome voiceacting of the new sex symbol Adam Jensen, but manages to combine everything into something unique and successful none the less. The story is interesting, although a bit too wide and unfocused, and there is allways a new concpiracy around the corner, so much that you sometimes begin to think that the developers played Metal gear solid a bit too much for their own good. The FPS elements aren't something to brag about as well, but they are still solid. The graphics are solid as well and, again, don't excell or push new boundaries. But you know what, I'm okay with that. The developers realised that you can't make a perfect game, but what you CAN do is give them the freedom to choose their playstyle, their path and social choices. a lot of the time there will be those minor annoyences that niggle at you here and there. but by the end of the game, and trust me on this one, you really wouldn't be able to care less. Expand
  48. Sep 11, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first game I played in the series which is fitting for it being the prequel to the name. Starting out, I wasn't sure what to expect and it made it difficult to understand what I was playing. But after I while, I learned this game reaaly stands on its own. Covering multiple catagories as stealth, first-person, cover-based, shooter that is an RPG. Now what makes this something to talk about is how gracefully these elements blend together into a fantastic presentation. The main character is Adam Jensen who falls victim to a terrible attack on the company he was assigned to protect. In order to preserve his life, he had to be given mechanical augmentations that either enhance or destroy his person. That depends on the player. While playing this game, the player can decide thier style of game. Its easy to choose either one stlye or all styles of play depending on the situation. Then there are decisions to be made on how the story will play out. This does pretty well by going deeper into plyer actions and not just the scope of which hallway to take that leads to the same door. The missions of course will come in sequence but it will have various task that don't all need to be done in order to progress. The augments at first feel limited because there just isn't enough "praxis kits" to fully develop all augmentations. But the augments go hand in hand with whichever stlye of play you choose. So if you want to play all missions guns blazing, then you boost up your aiming and shield augs. Same goes if you want to sneak around. Another big point is hacking into systems to gain access and information. With certain upgrades, the player can hack into security hubs and turn robots and turrent guns against the enemies. Loads of fun to just sit back and watch a room get cleared out. Some points of the game where if you talk the right game or find the right access card, you can go into places without sneaking around. This makes missions much easier where all you focus on is the objective. Asside from they play mechanics, the game is pretty polished. Tight responsive controls and a solid visual presentation. The use of black and gold are really fitting and the enviroments look creative and well detailed. The different cities you visit all have there own look and feel. The only downside is the enemy AI can be a little silly at times like standing right in the open or throwing grenades at walls in front of them. Also the load times are too long which we shouldn't see in this day and age. This game took some getting used to but once I did, I couldn't let go. Expand
  49. Aug 27, 2011
    game is amazing one of the best this generation anyone who gives this game a poor score is not a gamer n should not write reviews on this site fun gameplay great story and great graphics this game is a gem you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play it one of the best this gen and destined to b a classic
  50. Oct 30, 2013
    In general im a big fan of games set in the future, Deus Ex fancies is a great example, from one of the big fears how humanity might evolve, if they temper with the human body.

I've been stunned by the amazing story, its got a emotional, but also makes you think what kind of secrets we would have in the real world.

This game has a amazing hud, good customizations choices, different
    paths of executing missions, and a good open end story.

Despite the bugs you sometimes encounter, nothing game breaking has been spotted by me personally, after playing the campaign 3 times, the A.I should be worked on, as they shoot as maniacs, and not really seem to have a brain.

9/10 is my final score for this game.
  51. Mar 19, 2013
    incredible game,really a great surprise for me!deus ex is not for casual gamer, not for stupid people....mature story, great design, an incredible situation and a lots of costumization for Adam....this is the perfect example who say what a game must be! great great great game!
  52. Nov 18, 2011
    Want a sci-fi action RPG? Look no further. Deus Ex Human Revolution is easily one of the greatest action rpgs released this entire generation. It is deep, long has an excellent story, tons of variety in areas and an absolutely kick ass combat/stealth system. Whoever wants to play as an epic super spy but do so in a well designed game and universe needs to put this game at the top of their list.
  53. Oct 10, 2011
    I personally felt that this game was a masterpiece in the way it went about telling its story. Graphically it impresses. The flaws I found I felt were minor enough that they didn't deter from the game play, which itself, is very enjoyable. I never got tired of seeing the cut scenes when you knock out or kill someone. There probably isn't as many side missions as there could have been, and I felt like they wanted to tell too much detail thru the pda's you find laying around or computers you hack, but there was just something unique and special about playing this.. It actually made me enjoy the single player experience again, something I've lacked lately. Definitely try this, at least give a rent. Expand
  54. Sep 10, 2011
  55. Sep 16, 2011
    Now if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level of this game, I know I'd enjoy Call Of Duty games a hell of lot better if they were like this game. And through the game there is more than one way to do things, whether you prefer dog fighting, hacking, or just remaining unseen it's possible thought not always easy. There's still cover based shooting and chances are you will die a lot. Though like all games it has a few problems, some things don't seem resolved and you don't get to see the results of your ending. (Yes there are multiple) That aside this is an excellent game, now go you yourself and the world a favor and play it. Expand
  56. Sep 21, 2011
    I was initially put off this game due to the reviews of difficult boss battles and twitchy AI.... Luckily, as there is nothing else out there worth buying currently, I decided to go for it... And I'm so glad I did as it is an amazing game. Love the atmosphere and the relative freedom. I've just finished it and will probably start it all again soon - good replay value. Oh, and by the way, the boss battles are actually simple (just run up to them end hit them with two or three typhoon shots) Expand
  57. Mar 24, 2014
    This is game is quite different from whatever we are use to play, give us a great atmosphere in a future city with all that technology and is really dark all the narrative for the main story, at the beginning fell some sense of lack of information on how to play almost give up at the beginning, but late on was extremely satisfying all the silent approach to solve all the mission, really good game! 9 out of 10 for me Expand
  58. Sep 10, 2011
    this is my favourite game of the year. deus ex manages to capture a not to unrealistic world in one of the most amazing games of the year. you play as adam jensen and as I'm sure many of you know, your attacked by people at the start of the game. enhanced. and then left to do the story missions. The biggest focus's in the game are: Story Choice/Augmentation firstly the story in the game is perfect, it is what it should be and makes absolute sense. the setting is the modern renaissance. Humanity is on the verge of quote 'stealing fire from the gods' through augmenting humans. the result is a beautiful world by Eidos montreal. the world has a variety of graphics techniques to display atmosphere and themes. all of which were found in a renaissance.

the other important part in this game is choice/augmentation. as Jensen you can literally choose how you play the game. what many other games allude to but fail at doing. you can stealth pass someone, take them out silently, murder them viciously. use the passage hidden behind some boxes. all of this plays into the game really giving you the feeling it is your own unique play through. this choice is helped even more by the upgrade system, Augmentations, being a robotic like man you can change all of your skills much like in any RPG and these include recoil reduction, turn invisible and sprint longer all of the usual. but also others such as fall from any height and survive or kill everything in a surrounding radius, hack better. you name it every element of this game has his own little upgradable perk (if you will)

on the other hand the only problem with this game is the boss fights where for the most part all of the choice and different routes you found are taken away from you and you have to do fight it out like a shooter. the only other problem i had (which i do when entering games) is the change in controls, which you get used to but will kill you a lot in the first few levels

59. Sep 21, 2011
    Deus Ex is definitely a great game and contender for game of the year, but it is held back buy its ridiculous boss fights, difficulty spikes, and limited combat options. Don't get me wrong, I loved beating enemies senseless with the game's excellent stealth system, but that whole combat mechanic is held back by the battery that has to recharge after each kill. At the end of the day Deus Ex is a fun and valuable experience that is held back by only a few minor problems. Expand
  60. Sep 7, 2011
    Game of the Year, ladies & gentlemen! Full of content, polished, offering freedom, atmosphere and replayability. It's like Deus Ex 1 reborn, with a NEW storyline and characters, so it's not one of those "HD remakes". Graphics could be better but art direction more than makes up for any shortcomings. Simply excellent!
  61. sny
    Sep 9, 2011
    Truly a masterpiece that does the name of Deus Ex justice. That being said, it's obvious that this isn't a game for impatient or trigger-happy players. Careful planning and approach to your objectives and takedowns is rewarded over rushing in and trying to go Rambo on your enemies, to the point where the latter approach can simply feel punishing for those that attempt it, which is likely the source of most of the negative comments and reviews. Analyzing the environment and your surroundings also plays a huge part, especially in boss fights, which frustrate those that skip doing it, and makes them a walk in the park for those that don't.

Exploration is also something that can be skipped altogether, however going off the beaten path, hacking doors and security systems or breaking down walls to open new routes or secret caches not only helps keep your ammo full, but also gives hefty experience point bonuses. Plus, you often stumble across sub-plots or flavour text in the form of emails, pocket secretaries or e-books that do much to enrich the world of DX which is already brimming with detail. The NPC-s in each location also provide lots of insight into what the everyday life in an augmented world feels like, with dialogues changing over time to reflect the decisions taken by the player. The few instances where you get to choose which way to steer the discussion feel very rewarding as well: analyzing the behaviour, body language and temperament of the character you're having the dispute with feels very authentic, and you really feel you've earned what you get when you manage to convince them to see things your way.

The story is engrossing and keeps you interested all the way up to the very end. The game-changing choices are not as plentiful and meaningful as in the original Deus Ex, and this is perhaps the only area in which DX:HR fails to clear the bar set by its predecessor. Also, the multiple endings and the design of some of the trophies ensure you'll come back to replay the game at least once or twice after you're done with it, if only to see how providing a different answer or taking an alternate route affects the outcome of the mission.

In short, this is a thinking man's FPS-RPG, and as such, it will not appeal to everyone. But for those who enjoy planning their approach and actions, exploring or immersing themselves in a rich world, as well as any fans of games like Thief, System Shock, Bioshock or the original Metal Gear Solid, this will most likely be one of the defining gaming experiences this year, if not the best in recent years. One can argue that it just brings more of the same that made the sequel so great back in 2000, but if more of the same amounts to such an amazing gameplay experience, I'm perfectly fine with that.
  62. Sep 10, 2011
    I believe that this game was very well done. The story could have used more work, as I wasn't surprised at any turn of events that was presented--the twists and turns were all seen from miles away. The only one story event that made me feel for the characters, was when Adam Jensen and his pilot, Faridah Malik crash-land in Hengsha...and that wasn't even a real key part of the story. The graphics were between average and above average. I think that the lighting, shadows, and overall gleam of the game was satisfying enough, if not mind-blowing for some gamers.

The gameplay as a whole, was very enjoyable, if I do say so myself. I read another user's review on here, stating a few inquiries, that really didn't even exist in the game. There is no problem with the save system of the game. It has an auto-save feature, as well as a manual save option, that allows you to save whenever/wherever you want, other than when you are engaging enemies, talking to an NPC, or when the game is in the process of auto-saving. Another ridiculous complaint, was that there is no aiming cross-hair...there is, albeit quite large. But if you think it's such an annoyance, you can simply upgrade the weapon of your choice with a laser-sight, or better yet, teach yourself how to use the iron-sights...

As for the "mass quantities of enemies", I believe that Eidos and Square Enix wanted the player to try and think their way through, plan out the situation by learning the guards' routes, sneak and disable quietly--rather than just rush in and shoot everyone in the face, as if it's Halo, or Gears of War. No, the game is highly stealth based, and in my opinion, should be considered an espionage-action game--like Metal Gear Solid. The reason why the enemies are so high in number most times, is to kind of nudge you into sneaking a little...if that's too much for some people, then you should have thought twice before buying a game that is stealth themed.

Now, on another note--If I were to relate this game to any other games, I would have to say that it feels like Metal Gear Solid, mixed with the elements of conversation development from Mass Effect, and with the added camera perspective, of that of a FPS. All in all, I think that the game was an amazing journey as far as gameplay goes. The graphics didn't bother me, as they weren't bad at all. However, the story really could have been better. I think that the story wasn't bad or anything...just not emotionally gripping, such as games like Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, GTAIV, Metal Gear Soild, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, and most of the Final Fantasy series...the only problem I have with the game, is the lack of character development, and the lack of emotionally gripping storyline. Story is most important for me, but sometimes, if the game is overall enjoyable, I can deal with a not-so-great story.

I give Deus Ex: Human Revolution an 8/10. I hope that my review has helped some potential buyers, as this game is a great game to have in order to pass the time in your wait for your more anticipated games--but also, because the game is enjoyable overall. Thanks for reading my review...if you even did--as it's quite long.
  63. Sep 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely a modern classic not a single fault I can find with this game, the story is engrossing and more importantly incredibly fun the enemy AI is brilliant and clever. The boss fights are less than perfect but make you punch the air when you kick their ass. The music and level design add to the atmosphere and the augmentations and weapons are fun and original. The only reason it hasn't got a 10/10 is because I want to wait for some DLC first and hope that they can deliver on both longevity and re-playability. I want to see a big DLC download more akin to the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion rather than a one mission few guns DLC although I don't mind buying smaller ones if a bigger one comes along. All in all a must buy if you want to experience a great shooter. Deus Ex one of my all time favourite franchises gets a great addition. Expand
  64. Sep 16, 2011
    One of the fastest 30 hours I've invested in a game in a while. I even thought the boss battles were a cool change of pace. If you like western RPGs it's an essential purchase.
  65. Sep 19, 2011
    I unlike many other games Ive purchased didn't wait for the reviews, instead I simply went out and purchased it day 1 on the back of Deus Ex was one of my favorite P.C games of all time. How now disappointed I find myself...

The game Human Revolution reminds me why multi-platform games generally fail to deliver an open experience. It feels full of compromises and bad decisions like
    for instance THAT cover system...what on earth were they - the developers - thinking? It feels complete out of place in a game such as Deus Ex and much worse than that is awkward and sticky. I have many complaints far reaching but the main is simply that is sits well in the shadow of its predecessor Deus Ex, a game released now over 10 years ago.

My advice would be save yourself the money and simply - if you haven't already - purchase the original.
  66. Sep 20, 2011
    Very good game.This is combination of several games: Mass Effect,Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell. There is not much to complain about. Graphics are solid, so is music and in game sounds. Tons of weapons and customizations. AI of enemies is good but not perfect. This game offers many hours of game play. Since Mass Effect i did not enjoy any game that much. overall highly recommended.
  67. Sep 24, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is a special experience, one which you would be out of your mind to miss. Bringing back nearly everything that made the original DE a masterpiece and adding some very welcome additions the game is an absolute joy to play. The design and look of the game itself are inspired and the gameplay is solid but more importantly, fun. It has its draw backs however, some awful npc design and animations, some restrictions in gameplay choices and a removal of some of the originals skill trees for example no weapon specialisation do detract from the game. But most importantly this game is an 'experience' and one you will enjoy every second of. Expand
  68. Oct 4, 2011
    First, I played the game on the hardest difficulty setting, so my review is for the 'Give me Deus Ex' version. And, I loved it. It's Shadowrun meets Metal Gear as a first person shooter. The storyline, while not the best, is certainly good enough to keep you intrigued. I dig sci-fi, futuristic stuff anyway, so if you're like me, you'll probably dig it too. The character models aren't the best, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay. I have heard some gripes about the stealth control being imperfect, but I never had a problem with it. At one point, I stealth-killed a bunch of guards in a room, leaving one who was just looking out a window. I then quietly walked up behind him, pulled out my 10mm and shot him in the head. Blood splattered on the window and he went down like a rag doll. It felt and looked great. The two cities you spend a lot of time in; Detroit and Hengsha, are both great. I enjoyed just slowly walking through them, looking at everything. I overheard a bunch of conversations (a unique way to get information I thought) I heard dogs barking, shots fired, aircraft flying overhead, and the other ambient noise makes you feel like you're really there. This is especially true if you play the game with surround sound, which I did (I'm a super-geek. I'm not rich, but I did fork out the cash for an HD t.v. and a surround sound system specifically for games). The cover and fire mechanics work well. I never had a problem with them or had a cheap death because my character did something I didn't want him to. The one thing I didn't care for is the boss fights. They were sort of lame and, for me, a little hard (probably because I had the hard difficulty setting and all my augments were for stealth and hacking). This really is a great glimpse of the future of gaming and definitely worth buying. A must-buy when it it is cheaper. Expand
  69. Oct 5, 2011
    PLUS: Engaging plot, setting and characters. Well done gameplay, easy to pick up. You gain XP having fun with the enviroment and the characters. Amazing art style and beautiful music. Frustration free. Interesting and easy way to upgrade your character. The side quests are good, well written and relevant to the setting. The way you act or resolve some of the missions can influence the story and the fate of some characters.
    MINUS: The AI in most of the case are extremely dumb. You can pick up vending machines and use them as mobile hiding place when you are wandering around offices and police stations punching or killing peoples. The world is small and limited if compared to others adventure RPG. The end game path too similar to a Quiz game. You're not free to disagree with some big characters and you don't have the power to choose or do what you really want to do in the game.
  70. Oct 9, 2011
    Played through twice on hardest level. As good as it gets. My fav game in years. Previously mass effect 2 was my fav but now this is. Very underated and I cant believe I see it already discounted in local game shop.
  71. Oct 15, 2011
    I'll Make it Very Simple For you.......... "BUY THIS GAME!" You won't be disappointed unless your a COD OR HALO FAN. If you are a Deus ex Fan you might be disappointed that it isn't as revolutionary as the original but it is the best sequel or by story wise prequel.WAY BETTER THAN INVISIBLE WAR. Pros: Amazing Level Design Great game play "smooth and flexible" Awesome! Soundtrack AMAZING atmosphere
    Amazing Story and best ending leading to the original deus ex!
    Replay Value is very very HIGH.
    Great art design and satisfying Graphics.

Cons:
    Lousy Boss Battles
    Not as atmospheric as the Original
    For Consoles "BAD A.I. (if you play it on the easier settings)" For PC "Does not Fully support direct x 11 technology"

BOTTOM LINE
    Apart from the boss battles the other cons don't seem to be a big problem.GET it! Or else Jensen will get you!Easily one of the best games of 2011.
  72. Nov 4, 2011
    Game of the year. Great story. Great gameplay. Like all truly great FPSs and RPGs it makes you feel superhuman. And the hackneyed scifi/action movie dialogue just makes it more fun!
  73. Nov 6, 2011
    A game worthy of the Deus Ex title, Human Revolution is a very, very good game. My biggest gripe with it though is the boss battles, how can a game that says that you can play how you want can have such out of place bosses, thats not the Deus Ex I know. That's why it doesn't get a perfect score from me, everything else though is perfect in my eyes.
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is great! I only had a few problems with it. the controls got some getting used to, after playing COD and Battlefield all the time, this was a huge and annoying change. another problem was that when you look down at your feet, there's nothing there. also i didn't like how you can only use your arm blades during a cinematic melee take down and not just run around with them stabbing people. so those few things annoyed me a little but over all the story is great and the game play is amazing. i do recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Picked this up right before Modern Warfare 3. Needless to say I returned MW3 after playing this. (ok, I kept it for the multiplayer, but you get the point). If you're debating on it, don't. You won't be disappointed. It's one of those rare titles that gives you hope that not all video games are for whiny teenagers screaming into mics.
  76. Nov 24, 2011
    If you enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 4 you will love this game.There are multiple different ways you can play through from honey badger mode (kill everything) to pacifist. so there is replay value.It does not have the strongest story but the game play makes up for it.
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    Excellence package, this is the first time I play this series and wow it was go good. I love the story and gameplay, and the way they let you explore at your own will. The bottom line is "Can't wait for the next one from same studio"
  78. Nov 23, 2011
    One of the best games of the year. A FPS with a brain (and an augmented one at that). There is a real sense of vision here that is absent from most other game releases. HR does justice to the first game although I'm one of those people who also loved Invisible War so I may be biased here. Flaws like a bad ending and a drab protagonist (I know noir characters are required to be deadpan but, really, Jensen goes too far) don't keep Deus Ex from soaring like Icarus (the mythological character not the in-game tec) except without the crashing and burning part. Expand
  79. Dec 20, 2011
    This game has a perfect balance of freedom and storyline, seeing as you can run around the city and do side tasks. The hacking can get a little repetitive, but besides that the gameplay is great. The graphics are excellent and the storyline makes you want to keep playing the game. I absolutely loved it.
  80. Dec 26, 2011
    The game is pretty good. I had never played any of the previous Deus Ex and the reason I picked this one up was because of the cool character and the emphasis on stealth. I love a good stealth game and this one does not disappoint. The sandbox style RPG is welcome since this allow room for multiple paths to take for any given objective. The story was OK but I felt there could be more elements to the plot than just the basic Aug vs Anti-Aug. Some minor bugs here and there but overall a good game. Expand
  81. Feb 27, 2013
    Dues Ex: Human Revolution is multi genre game. All blended very nicely making it exciting game.
    Action, RPG Stealth I enjoy them all. Deus Ex achieved them all greatly.
    The storyline isn't as exciting as Metal Gear Solid ones. But still meaning full. Plenty of quests side quests with cool challenges.
    I enjoyed collecting all trophies for this game. It encourage you to play it smart
    rather than going around shooting everyone insight. Expand
  82. Jan 1, 2013
    getting started was the hard part. once i was able to understand the significance of everything it became a great game. i absolutely loved it. the whole time the game has you begging for praxis points. the bosses were beatable, if you endured and watched your damage. the negative reviews could have been my words, but i am so glad that i stuck it through the hard parts, because the game is fun. i'm going to replay it and i want to find some cheats to get more praxis points, addicting and fun. there is more than one way to beat the missions and if you try different things, you'll be successful. Expand
  83. Jan 12, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to report that this game will go down in history as one of the absolute finest out there. If you want a meaty single player experience that offers something truly unforgettable, you better get yourself a copy right now. Expand
  84. Apr 27, 2013
    A fantastic game, despite its meh graphics it still has nice environments, challenging combat, lenghty 25+ hours)and also a great storyline. Highly recommend it to players that like ARPG's and Stealth games
  85. Mar 11, 2013
    A first person shooter that takes lots of patience. The game started and all I could think was "So excited!" but after playing it for 10 minutes, I had so many bad things to say about it, but after noticing all these bad things, once the intro was over, everything changed, everything I had sad bad about it, was better, and then I started to enjoy it too much. It's the kinda of game that you think is the best game ever AFTER finishing it, not while playing it, so don't give up in the middle of it, or you'll never finish it. Expand
  86. Jun 11, 2013
    This is a great sci-fi rpg!! Its got a very interesting concept as far as the story and setting goes. It's also got some very memorable characters. However, the game definitely consists of more talking than it does action. Which is all good for me but if you're more into nonstop action you may wanna pass on this one!
  87. May 15, 2013
    Played this on a friends PS3 and I was hooked from the start. Just sat there for the first 15 minutes listening to the music on the menu screen. Haven't been so excited about a music score since Bladerunner. The music is perfect for this game and creates a futuristic dystopian feel that stuck with me for ages. I couldn't get enough of it.

I loved getting points so that I could upgrade
    the Augmentations. One of my favourite ones is being able to jump from any height and create a shield around you so you don't die when you hit the floor. Great sound effects and even better on kick arse surround sound system.

I loved the visual design and the graphics were good.

I clocked this game at least three times as you can make different decisions that affect game direction.

As some have stated here the bosses were a bit of a let down but the overall awesomeness of this game compensated for that.

I also get the feeling that some people would have preferred this to be just another first person shooter like Battlefield or Call of Duty. I am SO glad this game isn't like that. I am bored to death of FPS. They are a dime a dozen and lack any creativity and most are premised on the flimsiest of story lines. Every man and his dog has brought one out cause they're cheap to make. BORING!

This is how a game should be made. Recently some production and publishing houses have been treating their consumers with utter contempt (EA I'm looking at you) so It's great to see Square Enix and Eidos take the time and care to make a kick arse game. Thank you guys!

I am so tempted to go and buy my own PS3 just so I can play this game.
  88. Aug 3, 2013
    Brings me right back to the first and second, although many improvement's graphics wise, and tuned gameplay, a very immersive game which kept me interested not just through the variety of the augmentations and being such a cool customer as Jensen but the story and ost are done to perfection which ties into this world greatly, only downfall was I found Detroit city a bit empty and a few too many wallpapered buildings, but now that the setting is grounded I hope that they expand for the sequel. if your a Deus Ex fan you shouldn't miss out in playing this game!!! Expand
  89. Sep 14, 2013
    Okay, First Let Me tell you, I did not buy this for my PS3. I got it from Playstation Plus, and yippie, I LOVE IT.
    So maybe it is a little too hard even on easy but, damn This game is fun. I have not played the ornginal deus ex or the invisible war, so it was a surprise to me how this game was going to be like. The controll's are... NOT SO GREAT. But I can deal with that. I don't allways
    listen to the story but there are some intense parts where the game is gonna make you think what to do next. If you are going to get this game soon, and don't want it to be spoiled then you should STOP reading my review now, because this next part of my review contains spoilers, anyhow a good example at this "making you think what to do next" thing is this: so i go into this room, it plays a cutscene (which i skip) and the game leaves me at this: there is a person holding a GUN in his hand (you getting this?) he is holding someone (important i guess) hostage and he was going to shoot her, but heres the twist.... YOU CANNOT KILL HIM UNLESS HE KILLS THE HOSTAGE. which is a shame. But anyhow, you need to say the right words to stop him from what he's doing, heres my results so far... try to save her works, save her doesn't work and this guy pulls her into a room, killing her, and running off where YOU cannot get him, fighting her... well you guessed it RESULTS IN HER DEATH, as well as the bad guy if you choose to murder him by a) shooting him or b) meleing him (if you aren't already out of battries ).
    In total.. 9.75 out of 10, AWESOME GAME, consoles however have some strange controls (atleast on the PS3 as far as I know) and the difficulty is a little too hard. Awesome game, would totaly recomend it!
  90. Nov 16, 2013
    i still got 2004 and 05 game magz, when deus ex was still in development. never knew what it was, just years later i seen it at gamestop. in jail luckily they had that same mag that i use to have with deus ex leaks of gameplay. i read deus ex over and over millions of times in jail, just waiting for its release as well as my own lol
  91. Mar 2, 2014
    A fun stealth/cyber punkish sort of game. I like the main character, and the overall feel of the game, the graphics could have been better, it felt outdated. Other than that fun game. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  92. Nov 9, 2011
    The original Deus Ex will always be known as a great FPS RPG. Deus Ex: Human Revalution is a great game, but is not as great as the original. The biggining of the game starts out with your company under attack by robots things (Trying not to spoil anything so the story may be off) And you set off to try to find out why they did it. The futuristic cyber punk vibe adds a great sense of atmosphere and great graphics. The only problem I have with the graphics is that I wish they used alittle less yellow, I got acouple head achs from the yellow everything. The combat and the multiple choice system is great and works perfectly but I wish their was alittle more enfluence on the end of the game in what you do in the rest of the game. The ending was not up to the standerds of the Deus Ex series. The ending was boring and a disapointment.
    This is singleplayer only so I would suggest renting this game.

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.