8.2

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. This game is hard as nails.. I've never been this frustrated/excited and constantly having to re-load saves since old school games.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

It's hard for me to finish a game as to many undisclosed factors are needed for me to be captivated from start to finish. Deus Ex : Human Revolution is one of those rare games that not only i enjoy the art and design along with the story, but i also played it like no other world exists besides the dark Earth despicted here due to the gameplay and combat machanics.

The soundtrack was also great and the main theme deserves some awards. Overall the Audio was top notch as i never noticed some weird or misplaced thing (you notice a bad audio programming or sound right away, but a good job in the Audio department turns the Audio almost invisible for the player)

There is room for improvement for the next installement.
    I hope the dialogs get to be more interactive and original. And that good idea of mixing dialog scenes with gameplay have me jumping on the seat and scratching my head on why didn't they developed it with even more interactivity, and allowing the gamer to make use of the habilities of the character.
    The textures overall were just average with some things much better that others.

P.S - I didn't found a bug or a serious glitch... and that makes want to award Square Enix with a medal for the respect shown towards the consumergamer that some other publishers and studios lack these days. Even if that category shouldn't be allowed to exist, the truth is that with Skyrim winning the GOTY of 2011 (and still gathering awards and new users every week) that category was created.
  4. Oct 16, 2012
    Long, complex, detailed, an exciting world to explore, a story that grabs you and wraps, which never loses interest during the many hours it takes, a freedom to resolve situations huge with a seamless gameplay, Deus ex: Human Revolution is round.
  5. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved it loved it!! amazing story, world and characters. Although battles with bosses seemed out of a completely different game, still its very well integrated.
    Music its great, my respect to the developers
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    Just an all around great game. Great plot, setting,gameplay, audio, and graphics. Not a 10 because I felt the amount of gameplay time was on the low side compared to other games. Still worth at least a peek.
  7. Aug 23, 2011
    The year is 2027, and Sarif Industries is the world's premier manufacturer of human bio-mechanical â
  8. Oct 12, 2011
    I was very excited that we'd finally be getting a current-gen Deus Ex game. For the most part, Human Revolution is an amazing game. The mechanics, graphics, environments, voice acting (Sarif steals the show, in my opinion) are top-notch. A few minor complaints did hinder my experience to some extent, though. I was disappointed with how confined the world seemed. While it was visually andI was very excited that we'd finally be getting a current-gen Deus Ex game. For the most part, Human Revolution is an amazing game. The mechanics, graphics, environments, voice acting (Sarif steals the show, in my opinion) are top-notch. A few minor complaints did hinder my experience to some extent, though. I was disappointed with how confined the world seemed. While it was visually and audibly stunning, it never really felt large and open to me, which is what I was expecting. Also, the waypoint/radar system was very frustrating on the hard difficulty. You'll see what I mean when you play it. I also thought that Deus Ex: HR acts like its a lot smarter than it is - meaning, the AI is pretty foolish and the "choices" are often times shallow and obvious. The ending(s) were also a disappointment, but the payoff is in the gameplay itself, which is excellent. Expand
  9. Aug 25, 2011
    An incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about inAn incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about in accomplishing your tasks is as well; there is almost limitless freedom in your choices.

A solid, stunning release which incorporates solid gameplay, incredible art, a superb soundtrack and absolutely brilliant writing and story to deliver a game truly worthy of the Deus Ex name.
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    It's without a doubt an incredibly fun game, however the gameplay lacks intuition, the graphics lack polish, and the story lacks any sense of urgency. Ends up being really repetitive, and there are moments where you'll feel like it's not worth the amount of time you put into it. I had to step away from it several times and go back. It's got bits of action, shooter and rpgs, but itIt's without a doubt an incredibly fun game, however the gameplay lacks intuition, the graphics lack polish, and the story lacks any sense of urgency. Ends up being really repetitive, and there are moments where you'll feel like it's not worth the amount of time you put into it. I had to step away from it several times and go back. It's got bits of action, shooter and rpgs, but it doesn't do any one thing that well. This game is only getting 10s because it was the first decent game after the dry season. It's absolutely not a flawless game, on technicalities alone, regardless of if you're a fan of the series or the gameplay. It is also no deserving of some of the derision in the negative votes. It's an ok game. Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2011
    How to describe this game: Cool, fun, interesting, and very challenging. I enjoy that I really have to think about what I'm doing if I want to reach my objectives without alerting enemies or setting off alarms.

The writing is good and I can tell the writers at Eidos have a masterful grasp of the key themes of Deus Ex. The game is sufficiently large and open enough not to feel restrictive, in fact I know I've missed certain paths so far during my playthrough because I was trying to avoid danger or just progress faster.

All of the gameplay systems like the weapons modding and the Praxis (skill) tree are deep and force you to choose between two or more awesome options. It's the kind of game where I won't mind going through it again on the highest difficulty setting because although you die very fast if you take direct gunfire, there are dozens of ways to meet every objective and if you play around and explore you will win.
  12. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - andThis game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - and thoroughly immersing. The sheer amount of options at your disposal when customizing your character is astounding. I found myself taking forever to choose where I would use my praxis points, as almost every decision you make in Human Revolution has a direct impact in your experience. And that is fantastic. Rarely have I found myself so drawn into a world, a game, the way I have with Human Revolution. If you're a fan of engaging stories, intense action and Rpgs in general, then do yourself a favor and buy this game. Expand
  13. Aug 24, 2011
    Super le jeux!! Félicitation à Edios Montréal. Le jeux est long et pas facile. Un jeux à esseyer absolument.
  14. Aug 26, 2011
    The gameplay was fun other than a few errors, but what made me give this a 7 is the story line. It just didn't add up to the Deus Ex story line. Another invisible war.
  15. Apr 14, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great RPG / FPS hybrid that features a lot of freedom in the way you can play. The graphics, while not outstanding, are atmospheric and the art design has an immersive quality to it. Likewise, the soundtrack hits all the right "Bladerunner" synth notes and instills a ton of ambiance. The plot of the game is very interesting and the cast does a great job withDeus Ex: Human Revolution is a great RPG / FPS hybrid that features a lot of freedom in the way you can play. The graphics, while not outstanding, are atmospheric and the art design has an immersive quality to it. Likewise, the soundtrack hits all the right "Bladerunner" synth notes and instills a ton of ambiance. The plot of the game is very interesting and the cast does a great job with the script. Gameplay-wise, Deus Ex is very solid but hardly ever spectacular. It definitely feels like an RPG first and an action game second.There are also a few faults that restrain the game from becoming a true classic. Chief among these would be the weak enemy A.I and Boss fights that feel like they've been ripped from an entirely different game. Overall, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an excellent title that will delight most players throughout it's lengthy duration. Just don't expect a sc-fi Call of Duty or you'll be disappointed... And a moron. Expand
  16. Jul 29, 2012
    It is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations takingIt is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations taking people past their physical limits albeit only the ones that can afford it, was attacked by a group of mercenaries AKA "The Tyrants" who seek the typhoon explosive system (TES) which is doubtlessly the most destructive augmentation devised so far. In that attack, Adam Jensen, former cop turned Head of Security at Sarif was brutally attacked which resulted in him getting several augmentations to save his life. It is time to start the Human Revolution as Jensen in an epic RPG prequel to Deus Ex, set in a similar dystopian world to uncover the truth and time to make Decisions, Decisions and Decisions..
    This, people, is what an exemplary FPS game is.
  17. Aug 6, 2012
    RPG's are a dime a dozen these days, the best of which soak up very significant hours of game time. Human Revolution, a prequel to the 2002 revered and innovative new breed of RPG, is a very ambitious game. Set in a futuristic cyberpunk universe, Human Revolution nails down moral quandaries based on the breakthroughs of augmentation science. This is where the enhancements are drawn in asRPG's are a dime a dozen these days, the best of which soak up very significant hours of game time. Human Revolution, a prequel to the 2002 revered and innovative new breed of RPG, is a very ambitious game. Set in a futuristic cyberpunk universe, Human Revolution nails down moral quandaries based on the breakthroughs of augmentation science. This is where the enhancements are drawn in as Adam Jensen needs them to save his life after an unexpected ambush by a quintet of mercenaries. By using praxis points and accumulating credits from enemies, numerous locations and hidey holes- you can distribute these powers to gain perks and abilities in a similar way to any RPG. So Human Revolution isn't in context a revolutionary game considering the RPGs on the shelves already. However, it's one of the most immersive. You are welcomed from the start as doctors and scientists are working of the progressive technologies, so you get the sense of the impact of augmentations off the bat. There's also a staggering amount of superfluous information gathered from newspapers, Ebooks, e-mails and through conversations with individuals. Each draw you right in and immerse you in this well wrought world. What isn't so impressive are the boss battles. They all feel cheap, as you usually need to evade fire, find cover and then load bullets into the boss. Also these boss battles really detract from the freedom that the game seemingly wants you to feel considering the wealth of options avaliable. Also the AI is lackadaisical, better in numbers and never feel challenging- which can be said of the whole game. The facial textures also look poor, failing to show significant detail and looking considerably garish, though the art style is gorgeous. The characters are also plain and dull, as they seem to lack any form of psychotic edge or charm that would make them memorable. So generally Human Revolution has problem areas, but it's also a hugely interesting game with content that is weighty enough to quell the weaker points of the game. Also the augmentations are great to use and the game feels satisfying no matter how you play. Expand
  18. Aug 24, 2011
    The biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to theThe biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to the cult classic and is a masterpiece on its own. It shows that, even in the year 2011 and despite the obsession of the gaming industry with simplifying games to the point where they can barely be called games anymore, it is still possible to have a high budget, blockbuster gaming experience designed not to be played by your grandma, but by you. Expand
  19. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is amazing. Really, i never give games the perfect score but i make exception for a exceptional game. The story line is great, the side quests are great, the controls are intuitive, the graphics are good, the soundtrack is epic; this game does everything great. I have nothing more to say, i am astonished, and this masterpiece must be in every gamers collection.
  20. Aug 26, 2011
    Simply one of the best games this year! This game is something that Invisible war should've been. This game is great but its not for everyone. Shooting your way out isn't always the best solution because u might get your self killed easily. The fans of original Deus Ex will love this like i do! This might not be as good as the original but its veeeeerry close! Totally recommending this game!
  21. Aug 27, 2011
    My first word in mind in the first minutes of gameplay, I said " This is a first person Metal Gear Game " , maybe thats an exaggerated sentence but with no doubt thats a comparison. So you start in this laboratory place where everything is very advanced in technology and a badass feel in the game to have control of a nice protagonist that is awesome. Decisions is another important part ofMy first word in mind in the first minutes of gameplay, I said " This is a first person Metal Gear Game " , maybe thats an exaggerated sentence but with no doubt thats a comparison. So you start in this laboratory place where everything is very advanced in technology and a badass feel in the game to have control of a nice protagonist that is awesome. Decisions is another important part of the game that is easy to say and compare to games like Mass Effect, but not so fluid like the ME series. The gameplay is cool, while there isn't to much innovations in it by no reason you want to get caught , no matter what you do, you don't want that to happen, few tittles in the genre don't give that kind of tension. Gunplay start feeling very cheap the reticule doesn't look like a reticule is tinny and not visible. For a game that is 2011 I think that the graphics could have been more incredible but thats nothing to be worry , because everything looks great after all. Deus Ex is shaping in my list as one of the most important games in the year. Expand
  22. Aug 30, 2011
    After just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, theAfter just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, the stunning visuals make this world so tangible, the player feels like they are actually living every nail-biting second right next to the hero, Adam Jensen. Add to this mix, top notch writing and some of the best voice work I have ever heard in a game. This was a day 1 purchase for me, and I was not disappointed. This game turned out to be all I hoped it would be and more. Expand
  23. Aug 27, 2011
    awesome game with a huge amount of content to keep you engaged for a long time. excellent back story and soundtrack deserve special mentions.. in my opinion the game is technically sound despite one or two minor gripes. it does what it sets out to do well.. OVERALL, ONE OF THE BEST RELEASES OF THE YEAR
  24. Aug 28, 2011
    There are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewardsThere are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewards anyone intelligent enough to try new things. And if you aren't, that's your problem. Expand
  25. Sep 1, 2011
    GIVE ME DEUS EX!!! I can't believe how faithful they were to the original Deus Ex. I had such high hopes for this game that I was sure I would feel let down in some way, but instead I am amazed to find out that it is even better than I had hoped. This is a must have for every serious gamer.
  26. Sep 7, 2011
    Truly amazing. Finally, this game takes me back to the original on PC. Amazing graphics, story and gameplay combine to create a truly immersive experience. Turn the lights down, the sound up and hang on to your controller. Great customization in both your character and weapons. Diversity on how you decide to tackle any situation you are facing. Take the enemy head on? Sure if youTruly amazing. Finally, this game takes me back to the original on PC. Amazing graphics, story and gameplay combine to create a truly immersive experience. Turn the lights down, the sound up and hang on to your controller. Great customization in both your character and weapons. Diversity on how you decide to tackle any situation you are facing. Take the enemy head on? Sure if you want. Sneak around and take them out silently? Yup, that too. Sneak about and hack terminals shutting down cameras and allowing turrets and robots to do your dirty work? Here as well. Or, combine them all and mix it up, play your way. Kudos to Eidos Montreal & Square Enix. This game rocks, don't miss it. Expand
  27. Sep 9, 2011
    well i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles andwell i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles and a p.c. and dont go with the fanboy flow. i put a game in and press play and tell you what i think and judge a games content regardless of the category of game it falls under(sports, f.p.s.,rpg,mmo etc),in other words "well this isnt my kind of game so i give it a 5" will never come out of my mouth. w/ that said i look for the key ingredients(gameplay,graphics/visuals,sound,controlsreplay worth and fun factor. of course story is judged if in fact there is one.) which fulfill my gaming cravings and if there are a few extra spices thrown in,well then a game like deus ex comes to mind. i did not know what i was jumping into here, i just know that here we have a p.c. to console and usually its not a smooth transition(port). but as all games i do my best to keep all thoughts to a min, and try and keep my mind clear when playing in order to game w/o any mental obstacles. so as i wait for the games first cut scene to finish i was own my way to being an augmented alex jensen via ps3 and right away i notice that the game is promising in regards to a detailed and story driven game,hopefully this will be the case up until the credits. while playing im noticing the ample amounts of boxes and tunnels for which was disturbing to some but to me i couldnt rationalize knit picking over "too many boxes" and then speaking about them in a review as to say "thus i had to take a point away',lol. graphically i was loving my surroundings and the textures were smoother than i expected and so the visuals were good, a few hours into the game i felt like i should make some coffee because im ready for the long haul, i want to see what happens next and w/ when cut scenes would surface i would welcome them rather than skip, which is something i have done w/ many games, but not this one. i felt like i would cheat myself out of a story which i was becoming more and more involved with. choices, yes there are many and you can tackle this game being non-lethal or an enraged alex jensen who will shed blood to find to the truth or you can combine the 2, which i did but it was not by choice,lol.. it was an error on my part. so right away i am saying to self "i must play through this again without anyone getting hurt other than the bosses which the element of choice is no longer apparent. some of the augmentations , after finishing the game, i realized i wish i had activated earlier and this i will/am during my second play through. mostly first person but will show alex in 3rd person when in cover, sneaking around. some will argue that it should have been done one way or another, i argue that the remedy worked for me. the inventory can be upgraded by priaxis points(which is how you upgrade all your aug's, priaxis kit's can be bought also if you have the money to afford them) and some weapons i.e. rocket launcher is demanding of space, alot of it, last time i checked these were very big and bulky weapons so it makes sense. well the story is picking up, no hiccups in that department, its getting strong and so is alex. what really appealed to me was how creatively this was put together and some are the visuals are works of art, using colrs which many games will dare not even blend into a game, this one tends to be its own game and likewise with its choice of backdrops and use of color. the guns feel nice, and yes the also can be upgraded which i wont get into , but lets just say you will be happy with the results of your fav gun when fully upgraded. the map designs where nice and also had a very direct way marker system, i could go on forever about all the content in this game, there tons of it. so lets get down to what may shed some light on deus ex from my opinion. its a game which pulled me in, and never let me go. i was thinking about this game well after i finished it and i wanted to do it all again, just for the sake to see what couldve been ,might have been and what not. and the last time i felt like this was w/ mgs4 and no i am not comparing the 2, just giving an example, thats how i felt. there is alot of content and goodies w/ this game. there are times when i was in my chair , eyes wide open, tired physically but i needed to see more. the game gave me an exp which i have not had in quite some time on a console. and this is in my opinion, a must add to collection, a must own and more importantly, a must play.palms sweaty, which way do i go, have to get my hack skill up, do i need to max out my cloaking, what gun should i drop to make room for this one, ladder or tunnels, gotta find that security hub, thanks 4 a great game edios , front 2 back Expand
  28. Sep 13, 2011
    Great game - engaging, intelligent, action-packed and good bits of humour on occasion. Stealth vs shooting/combat - and both are expertly designed. IN fact combat in DE is far better than ME2, but ME2 has slightly further-reaching decisions and consequences linked into the choices you make as the story progresses. On the rare occasion DE lacks the same engrossing story, it more than makesGreat game - engaging, intelligent, action-packed and good bits of humour on occasion. Stealth vs shooting/combat - and both are expertly designed. IN fact combat in DE is far better than ME2, but ME2 has slightly further-reaching decisions and consequences linked into the choices you make as the story progresses. On the rare occasion DE lacks the same engrossing story, it more than makes up for with great and varied design and stories.

There are a few bugs which I came across which meant I couldn't complete some side-quests which was highly annoying. The only way to complete the side quest would have been to start the whole chapter again.

Overall ... amazing game without being genre-defining.
  29. Sep 16, 2011
    Deus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some ofDeus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some of these comments are valad i don't see anything game breaking here and the point some people are missing with Deus Ex is that the whole is definitely greater then the sum of it's parts. Many games these days make boasts about giving you freedom of choice but very few games give you the chance to go where you want, do what you want and play the way you want to as well as this. One of the GOTY contenders without a doubt. Expand
  30. Sep 16, 2011
    Now if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level ofNow if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level of this game, I know I'd enjoy Call Of Duty games a hell of lot better if they were like this game. And through the game there is more than one way to do things, whether you prefer dog fighting, hacking, or just remaining unseen it's possible thought not always easy. There's still cover based shooting and chances are you will die a lot. Though like all games it has a few problems, some things don't seem resolved and you don't get to see the results of your ending. (Yes there are multiple) That aside this is an excellent game, now go you yourself and the world a favor and play it. Expand

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.