8.2

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

My personal Game Of The Year of 2011 alongside with Uncharted 3.

It's hard for me to finish a game as to many undisclosed factors are needed for me to be captivated from start to finish. Deus Ex : Human Revolution is one of those rare games that not only i enjoy the art and design along with the story, but i also played it like no other world exists besides the dark Earth despicted here due to the gameplay and combat machanics.

The soundtrack was also great and the main theme deserves some awards. Overall the Audio was top notch as i never noticed some weird or misplaced thing (you notice a bad audio programming or sound right away, but a good job in the Audio department turns the Audio almost invisible for the player)

There is room for improvement for the next installement.
    I hope the dialogs get to be more interactive and original. And that good idea of mixing dialog scenes with gameplay have me jumping on the seat and scratching my head on why didn't they developed it with even more interactivity, and allowing the gamer to make use of the habilities of the character.
    The textures overall were just average with some things much better that others.

P.S - I didn't found a bug or a serious glitch... and that makes want to award Square Enix with a medal for the respect shown towards the consumergamer that some other publishers and studios lack these days. Even if that category shouldn't be allowed to exist, the truth is that with Skyrim winning the GOTY of 2011 (and still gathering awards and new users every week) that category was created.
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    Just an all around great game. Great plot, setting,gameplay, audio, and graphics. Not a 10 because I felt the amount of gameplay time was on the low side compared to other games. Still worth at least a peek.
  4. Oct 16, 2012
    Long, complex, detailed, an exciting world to explore, a story that grabs you and wraps, which never loses interest during the many hours it takes, a freedom to resolve situations huge with a seamless gameplay, Deus ex: Human Revolution is round.
  5. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved it loved it!! amazing story, world and characters. Although battles with bosses seemed out of a completely different game, still its very well integrated.
    Music its great, my respect to the developers
  6. Aug 23, 2011
    The year is 2027, and Sarif Industries is the world's premier manufacturer of human bio-mechanical â
  7. Aug 25, 2011
    An incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about inAn incredible single-player experience that puts every other game since the first Deus Ex to shame. The world is one of the most immersive and almost certainly the most detailed of any game. There are so many layers to the game, and despite this it is simple to acclimatise to and a smooth experience. How deeply you get involved in things is up to you, and just how you go about in accomplishing your tasks is as well; there is almost limitless freedom in your choices.

A solid, stunning release which incorporates solid gameplay, incredible art, a superb soundtrack and absolutely brilliant writing and story to deliver a game truly worthy of the Deus Ex name.
  8. Aug 25, 2011
    How to describe this game: Cool, fun, interesting, and very challenging. I enjoy that I really have to think about what I'm doing if I want to reach my objectives without alerting enemies or setting off alarms.

The writing is good and I can tell the writers at Eidos have a masterful grasp of the key themes of Deus Ex. The game is sufficiently large and open enough not to feel restrictive, in fact I know I've missed certain paths so far during my playthrough because I was trying to avoid danger or just progress faster.

All of the gameplay systems like the weapons modding and the Praxis (skill) tree are deep and force you to choose between two or more awesome options. It's the kind of game where I won't mind going through it again on the highest difficulty setting because although you die very fast if you take direct gunfire, there are dozens of ways to meet every objective and if you play around and explore you will win.
  9. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - andThis game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. The gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - and thoroughly immersing. The sheer amount of options at your disposal when customizing your character is astounding. I found myself taking forever to choose where I would use my praxis points, as almost every decision you make in Human Revolution has a direct impact in your experience. And that is fantastic. Rarely have I found myself so drawn into a world, a game, the way I have with Human Revolution. If you're a fan of engaging stories, intense action and Rpgs in general, then do yourself a favor and buy this game. Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2011
    Super le jeux!! Félicitation à Edios Montréal. Le jeux est long et pas facile. Un jeux à esseyer absolument.
  11. Jul 29, 2012
    It is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations takingIt is a truly remarkable experience which takes you around the globe to uncover a conspiracy which holds a lot of answers to the human race and the path it is treading towards. It is set in a dark, seedy, cyberpunk world that is dominated by powerful corporations, which have more power than the government. Sarif Industries, a powerful corporation that manufactures augmentations taking people past their physical limits albeit only the ones that can afford it, was attacked by a group of mercenaries AKA "The Tyrants" who seek the typhoon explosive system (TES) which is doubtlessly the most destructive augmentation devised so far. In that attack, Adam Jensen, former cop turned Head of Security at Sarif was brutally attacked which resulted in him getting several augmentations to save his life. It is time to start the Human Revolution as Jensen in an epic RPG prequel to Deus Ex, set in a similar dystopian world to uncover the truth and time to make Decisions, Decisions and Decisions..
    This, people, is what an exemplary FPS game is.
  12. Aug 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have played in a long time. This game is hard as nails.. I've never been this frustrated/excited and constantly having to re-load saves since old school games.
  13. Aug 24, 2011
    The biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to theThe biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to the cult classic and is a masterpiece on its own. It shows that, even in the year 2011 and despite the obsession of the gaming industry with simplifying games to the point where they can barely be called games anymore, it is still possible to have a high budget, blockbuster gaming experience designed not to be played by your grandma, but by you. Expand
  14. Aug 26, 2011
    This game is amazing. Really, i never give games the perfect score but i make exception for a exceptional game. The story line is great, the side quests are great, the controls are intuitive, the graphics are good, the soundtrack is epic; this game does everything great. I have nothing more to say, i am astonished, and this masterpiece must be in every gamers collection.
  15. Aug 26, 2011
    Simply one of the best games this year! This game is something that Invisible war should've been. This game is great but its not for everyone. Shooting your way out isn't always the best solution because u might get your self killed easily. The fans of original Deus Ex will love this like i do! This might not be as good as the original but its veeeeerry close! Totally recommending this game!
  16. Aug 27, 2011
    Running Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time I was immediately captivated by the cyberpunk atmosphere that has become so rare these days. To have a game as great as this come out so soon after I personally thought the "Action/Espionage/RPG" genre was dead due to games such as Alpha Protocol is simply amazing. Even the mini games have a level of polish unparalleled in modern games.Running Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time I was immediately captivated by the cyberpunk atmosphere that has become so rare these days. To have a game as great as this come out so soon after I personally thought the "Action/Espionage/RPG" genre was dead due to games such as Alpha Protocol is simply amazing. Even the mini games have a level of polish unparalleled in modern games. Hacking for instance gives you a sense of accomplishment that is surprising. I found myself looking forward to level five locks and dreading them at the same time. Persuasion was also interesting, while not on the same level as L.A. Noir, which is to be expected, it is still both engaging and rewarding. The weapon customization is incredibly enjoyable as well. It makes you search high and low throughout the city hubs and levels to find everything so that you can finish your weapon of choice. After only a couple hours of play I was ready to elope to Vegas with my pistol. It was nice to see an RPG that not only explained your abilities and why you can not use them fully from the beginning and allows a believable way to level up rather than arbitrary experience points. Away from the mini games and level up mechanics, the controls take a little to get used to, and for the first few hours you may find yourself fumbling with the shoulder buttons a bit but it is one of the more polished schemes I have encountered. It is like a Dvorak keyboard for coding. The stealth mechanics are not overly easy nor are they too challenging. A few of the upgrades are a little overpowered and could take up more power or consume a whole cell; especially the Icarus landing system, but aside from some minor mechanics that make stealth almost too easy it is balanced by a fairly unforgiving power system. Combat is a well oiled machine that allows you to feel like a badass without making you feel like a god. Minor choices are there in the form of "Do I hack open that door even though if I don't finish in 23 seconds I will screw myself to have to shoot every last person, or do I let the small pocket of xp go and focus on the mission?" This decision comes up a lot and you may be missing out on 600 or so xp and 2 much needed energy bars but is it worth risking your 750 stealth bonus? With regards to the story the choices you make in missions affects future side missions, as well as future decisions. There are a few choices you make that you see a negative outcome for, but go through with it anyway thinking it will be okay just to have your worst nightmare come true.The NPCs and the tension that there is among them is tangible, the augs vs. purist is beyond the galaxy vs. quarian, or human vs. nonhuman. It is a fear that goes beyond physical differences such as ears or height, it is a fear that stems from one group being physically "superior" to another and the latter being threatened. Something that amused me was the fact that the hobos at times seemed to be the most sane and level headed of all. Hidden beneath the heavy story and "I am a badass here to save the world" attitude is a social commentary that is both deep and hilarious. "That goddamned bathroom mirror." The story ramps up from a simple kidnapping/revenge/attack to a global conspiracy that takes you through several cities of the future and 4 amazing boss battles that will leave you scratching your head but give you another sense of accomplishment. Only one of them was I almost laughing at due to its simplicity but that was after a solid half hour of trial and error. The ending of Deus Ex: Human Revolution gave me the shivers due to it's brilliance. Your final choice is a big one, big enough that I made myself a sandwich and debated with myself what I should chose. In the end without ruining it for those yet to play, I was worried. I grew attached to this make believe world and the people inhabiting it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a game that should have come out last year, simply for the reason that if it had it would have won game of the year. It still might, however with all the heavy hitters set to come out this November, Skyrim, it is going to have a difficult time. In all honesty, this is a game I will be proud to play 10 years from now. Truly one of the greatest stealth games of all time. I want to keep talking about it but unfortunately my characters are running short. If you like stealth games, RPGs, Action Shooters, Books, Movies, breathing, sex, or a combination of the above; this is a game you must own. Simply Amazing. Expand
  17. Aug 30, 2011
    After just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, theAfter just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, the stunning visuals make this world so tangible, the player feels like they are actually living every nail-biting second right next to the hero, Adam Jensen. Add to this mix, top notch writing and some of the best voice work I have ever heard in a game. This was a day 1 purchase for me, and I was not disappointed. This game turned out to be all I hoped it would be and more. Expand
  18. Sep 1, 2011
    GIVE ME DEUS EX!!! I can't believe how faithful they were to the original Deus Ex. I had such high hopes for this game that I was sure I would feel let down in some way, but instead I am amazed to find out that it is even better than I had hoped. This is a must have for every serious gamer.
  19. Aug 27, 2011
    awesome game with a huge amount of content to keep you engaged for a long time. excellent back story and soundtrack deserve special mentions.. in my opinion the game is technically sound despite one or two minor gripes. it does what it sets out to do well.. OVERALL, ONE OF THE BEST RELEASES OF THE YEAR
  20. Aug 28, 2011
    There are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewardsThere are a lot of complaints leveled at this game, mostly by people who can't figure out the best path isn't always running in shooting anything that moves. And honestly, they can stick with Call of Duty, because this probably goes far over their heads in every way conceivable. The story is above and beyond anything outside of Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear, and the gameplay rewards anyone intelligent enough to try new things. And if you aren't, that's your problem. Expand
  21. Sep 9, 2011
    well i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles andwell i just started doing reviews here and reasons being are for my non-biased and fair opinion of a game i have played/are playing hence giving you a better idea about whether or not this game will make it to yor console if in fact you are on the fence.ive been around forever and have enjoyed gaming as far back as i can remember but i must state firstly that i own both major consoles and a p.c. and dont go with the fanboy flow. i put a game in and press play and tell you what i think and judge a games content regardless of the category of game it falls under(sports, f.p.s.,rpg,mmo etc),in other words "well this isnt my kind of game so i give it a 5" will never come out of my mouth. w/ that said i look for the key ingredients(gameplay,graphics/visuals,sound,controlsreplay worth and fun factor. of course story is judged if in fact there is one.) which fulfill my gaming cravings and if there are a few extra spices thrown in,well then a game like deus ex comes to mind. i did not know what i was jumping into here, i just know that here we have a p.c. to console and usually its not a smooth transition(port). but as all games i do my best to keep all thoughts to a min, and try and keep my mind clear when playing in order to game w/o any mental obstacles. so as i wait for the games first cut scene to finish i was own my way to being an augmented alex jensen via ps3 and right away i notice that the game is promising in regards to a detailed and story driven game,hopefully this will be the case up until the credits. while playing im noticing the ample amounts of boxes and tunnels for which was disturbing to some but to me i couldnt rationalize knit picking over "too many boxes" and then speaking about them in a review as to say "thus i had to take a point away',lol. graphically i was loving my surroundings and the textures were smoother than i expected and so the visuals were good, a few hours into the game i felt like i should make some coffee because im ready for the long haul, i want to see what happens next and w/ when cut scenes would surface i would welcome them rather than skip, which is something i have done w/ many games, but not this one. i felt like i would cheat myself out of a story which i was becoming more and more involved with. choices, yes there are many and you can tackle this game being non-lethal or an enraged alex jensen who will shed blood to find to the truth or you can combine the 2, which i did but it was not by choice,lol.. it was an error on my part. so right away i am saying to self "i must play through this again without anyone getting hurt other than the bosses which the element of choice is no longer apparent. some of the augmentations , after finishing the game, i realized i wish i had activated earlier and this i will/am during my second play through. mostly first person but will show alex in 3rd person when in cover, sneaking around. some will argue that it should have been done one way or another, i argue that the remedy worked for me. the inventory can be upgraded by priaxis points(which is how you upgrade all your aug's, priaxis kit's can be bought also if you have the money to afford them) and some weapons i.e. rocket launcher is demanding of space, alot of it, last time i checked these were very big and bulky weapons so it makes sense. well the story is picking up, no hiccups in that department, its getting strong and so is alex. what really appealed to me was how creatively this was put together and some are the visuals are works of art, using colrs which many games will dare not even blend into a game, this one tends to be its own game and likewise with its choice of backdrops and use of color. the guns feel nice, and yes the also can be upgraded which i wont get into , but lets just say you will be happy with the results of your fav gun when fully upgraded. the map designs where nice and also had a very direct way marker system, i could go on forever about all the content in this game, there tons of it. so lets get down to what may shed some light on deus ex from my opinion. its a game which pulled me in, and never let me go. i was thinking about this game well after i finished it and i wanted to do it all again, just for the sake to see what couldve been ,might have been and what not. and the last time i felt like this was w/ mgs4 and no i am not comparing the 2, just giving an example, thats how i felt. there is alot of content and goodies w/ this game. there are times when i was in my chair , eyes wide open, tired physically but i needed to see more. the game gave me an exp which i have not had in quite some time on a console. and this is in my opinion, a must add to collection, a must own and more importantly, a must play.palms sweaty, which way do i go, have to get my hack skill up, do i need to max out my cloaking, what gun should i drop to make room for this one, ladder or tunnels, gotta find that security hub, thanks 4 a great game edios , front 2 back Expand
  22. Sep 16, 2011
    Deus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some ofDeus Ex mixes the stealth of Metal Gear Solid, the cover shooting of Uncharted and the open world and freedom of choice of Fallout 3. Add to all that the look and style of the film Blade Runner. Whatever it may lack in originality it certainly makes up in ambition! I see some of the more negative comments before mine have tried to pick holes in certain parts of the gameplay. While some of these comments are valad i don't see anything game breaking here and the point some people are missing with Deus Ex is that the whole is definitely greater then the sum of it's parts. Many games these days make boasts about giving you freedom of choice but very few games give you the chance to go where you want, do what you want and play the way you want to as well as this. One of the GOTY contenders without a doubt. Expand
  23. Sep 16, 2011
    Now if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level ofNow if you know me I'll tell you I hate today's first person shooter games with a passion. Now I don't remember why I looked upon the trailers of this game fondly knowing it WAS a first person shooter game. Anyway not only was this game a first person shooter, it was a game with a grand story, interesting choices, debates, and solid snake sneaking. All games should strive to the level of this game, I know I'd enjoy Call Of Duty games a hell of lot better if they were like this game. And through the game there is more than one way to do things, whether you prefer dog fighting, hacking, or just remaining unseen it's possible thought not always easy. There's still cover based shooting and chances are you will die a lot. Though like all games it has a few problems, some things don't seem resolved and you don't get to see the results of your ending. (Yes there are multiple) That aside this is an excellent game, now go you yourself and the world a favor and play it. Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2012
    There aren't many games on the market that can pull off stealth gameplay successfully and in an entertaining manner, but this game is certainly one of them. In fact if you aren't a fan of stealth you can just avoid it all together if you wish and attack the enemy head on. The game world is dark and gritty, with a deep storyline and a host of side-quests and background stories to keep youThere aren't many games on the market that can pull off stealth gameplay successfully and in an entertaining manner, but this game is certainly one of them. In fact if you aren't a fan of stealth you can just avoid it all together if you wish and attack the enemy head on. The game world is dark and gritty, with a deep storyline and a host of side-quests and background stories to keep you entertained. The are multiple ways and paths to achieve your objectives, with differing results. The rpg-style levelling system is very enjoyable, unlocking new interesting and very useful powers of your choice as you progress, which keeps the experience fresh.

However the boss battles are a big letdown, particularly with the final boss. In addition to this the ending(s) are also disappointing, and these issues stop the game from becoming a masterpiece. That said, this remains a brilliant game and is a must for fans of action-rpgs and sci-fi.
  25. May 8, 2012
    An incredibly solid single player experience. I bought Deus Ex ignorant to the series and to reviews, didn't know what I was getting when I was using my best-buy gift card. And holy crap am I glad I bought it. The game at it's core is like a hybrid of regular oldschool FPS, stealth gameplay, and a bit of objective based "quest"-system. (you can get optional side-quests to complete inAn incredibly solid single player experience. I bought Deus Ex ignorant to the series and to reviews, didn't know what I was getting when I was using my best-buy gift card. And holy crap am I glad I bought it. The game at it's core is like a hybrid of regular oldschool FPS, stealth gameplay, and a bit of objective based "quest"-system. (you can get optional side-quests to complete in different areas of the game) Every mission or goal always has optional paths and ways to complete it, and depending on how you upgrade your character, you may not always be able to access the other options. you really can end up playing the game completely different from your friends. Especially if you decide to upgrade different weapons than others. You can go in guns blazing, or sneak around like Solid snake, taze people and hide their bodies, or even silently kill them with the pistol and silencer. The story itself is engrossing, and does a great job of portraying a culture war between cybernetic people, and anti-cybernetic people, in a way that's compelling and never draws a clear good-guy / bad-guy (except for of course, the MAIN badguys/terroists, lol) By the end of the game, I was hacking into every computer, and reading ever email and piece of news, just to soak it all in. Graphics are nice, crisp and sleek, with an incredible soundtrack to match the games cyber-punk future. The only down-side is that it ends. Honestly, one of the best single player games I've played in a REALLY long time. Expand
  26. Aug 10, 2012
    I have not played any of the other installments of the deus ex series. Playing this makes me want to play the other installments. If you are considering this game buy it. By now the game only costs $20, that means buy it. BUY THIS GAME. It still is on my top 10 games iv'e ever played. The only flaw in this game is the boss battles. They are terrible but don't take away from thisI have not played any of the other installments of the deus ex series. Playing this makes me want to play the other installments. If you are considering this game buy it. By now the game only costs $20, that means buy it. BUY THIS GAME. It still is on my top 10 games iv'e ever played. The only flaw in this game is the boss battles. They are terrible but don't take away from this great experience. Expand
  27. Jun 22, 2012
    I absolutely love Deus Ex: human revolution.deus ex hr is my favorite game so far.now I know it's 2012 and this game came out last year but I had to come on here and speak my mind of this masterpiece of a game.the rpg/shooter /stealth mechanics are top notch and feel great on a ps3 controller,also I must add is that deus ex looks waaaay better on ps3 than xbox 360.now there are some bugsI absolutely love Deus Ex: human revolution.deus ex hr is my favorite game so far.now I know it's 2012 and this game came out last year but I had to come on here and speak my mind of this masterpiece of a game.the rpg/shooter /stealth mechanics are top notch and feel great on a ps3 controller,also I must add is that deus ex looks waaaay better on ps3 than xbox 360.now there are some bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking that I have seen so far.this is a must buy to anyone who likes a great game. Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus ex human revolution is easily one of my favourite games this generation. I felt like I was back in the 90's where places felt like places and not corridors with conveniently placed walls. For once, and this is something that rarely happens in modern video games, I didn't play just to be "rewarded with a cutscene"(like Assassin's Creed). The simple act of "walking" or "exploring" a building is interesting. Problem solving is really effective, you can have multiple ways to achieve the same goal, and previous decisions would develop different developments (especially for some secondary missions). Replay value is also a factor, I'm playing the game for a second time and I discovered new things, new paths I didn't notice the first time. Story is intriguing, but somehow I didn't get what was going on in the latter half of the game and Adam feels less and less human ( I mean he doesn't show any personality whatsoever), but I think that was a design choice proving that he's losing his human side. The ending though end the mythology arc but doesn't provide resolutions to the characters. I hope this game gets a sequel, expanding the good sides and improving the few downsides, especially a more character-driven plot simpler to follow. Expand
  29. Mar 7, 2012
    Awesome game. This is my first game from this series and I was glad I played it. The graphic and audio is top notch. One of the best visuals I seen in a while. The game has their own style of cyber punk and works really well. The game allows you to choose how you want to play the game. You can sneak through the whole game like Snake in Metal Gear Solid if you choose or go in there andAwesome game. This is my first game from this series and I was glad I played it. The graphic and audio is top notch. One of the best visuals I seen in a while. The game has their own style of cyber punk and works really well. The game allows you to choose how you want to play the game. You can sneak through the whole game like Snake in Metal Gear Solid if you choose or go in there and start killing every enemy like Rambo if you choose. It doesn't limit the amount of ways you can enter into a room (like break a wall or hacking a door) and it's just fun to have all these abilities to try out. I played both stealth and run n gun the enemies and they are both fun. You have many different abilities to upgrade that will suit the style you want to play and each upgrade makes you feel like you actually have a upgrade. If you're a trophy hunter like me, than their is a fair about of trophies that are easy to get with a single play through. I highly recommend this game. This game is worth your time and money. Expand
  30. Mar 13, 2012
    Gah, just loved this game. I've only recently discovered the 'cyber-punk' genre (through william gibson's sprawl trilogy) and found this game was right up my alley. A very cool yet easy to understand story, plenty of interesting sidequests, and the ability to go through the main quests in a variety of ways providing a good amount of replay value. My only issue with the game is that someGah, just loved this game. I've only recently discovered the 'cyber-punk' genre (through william gibson's sprawl trilogy) and found this game was right up my alley. A very cool yet easy to understand story, plenty of interesting sidequests, and the ability to go through the main quests in a variety of ways providing a good amount of replay value. My only issue with the game is that some of the augments seem to be supremely underpowered no matter what playstyle you use, and that the boss fights were a spike in difficulty (either too easy or hard, depending on your approach). Also, unless you are really into exploring and ready text (which I am fine with), you may miss out on a lot of the storyline. I'm extremely glad I checked this game out (having not played any of the other deus ex titles). I say that honestly, and am in no way influenced by a CASIE augment.... at least I don't think so.... Expand

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.