6.2

1. Jun 25, 2012
    Yes, it has some issues. There is some lag online at times, and some glitches. However, this game has to be the most fun derby game in a very long time, and not only that, but you can go online and have crazy matches. I think this game is severely underrated because it has the Dirt name, which disappoints previous Dirt game fans, and scares away people that didn't like Dirt 1-3. Demos are out on all platforms, and even though there isn't much to see on them, anyone who likes smashing cars owes it to themselves to play at least the demo if not the full game. Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    Only derby game on ps3 that I know. It gets repetitive and after a while it's just too easy to win every race. That being said: it's just a lot of fun to play. It's a well made derby game. I like racing but the cars have to be able to get damaged to make me feel engaged. This game does that.
  3. MGM
    Jun 27, 2012
    The race and destruction modes are the heart and soul of this game. The style mode feels like it was bolted on to add more content and feels like a chore to get through. Overall a fun game. Online runs smooth, mics are good, and the menus are intuitive and easy to navigate. Love the mute features!
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    First of all we can't campare this game to FlatOut (in my opinion FlatOut 2 is 10/10). But Dirt Showdown is also very funny. Graphics and the gameplay are good, with cool cars and nice challenges.
  5. Aug 27, 2014
    It has a great Arcade feel to it and the gameplay has the Codemasters quality seal, but... Yes, but is gets old really fast. It didn't gave me the urge to keep playing. Maybe some day but not now.
    PRESENTATION: The cars feel great and really balanced.
    GAMEPLAY: Like i said, it´s a Codemasters game so... 5 stars and both thumbs up!!
    PROGRESSION: Pretty bland and uninteresting...
    If
    you're looking to play a great arcade car game this is the game for you but it's not a memorable title to the Dirt series. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I like a lot of driving, race, simulation or "whatever with a car" games. And I really dislike this one. I bought it eyes closed because of the good reviews and I really regret it. This game is just annoying. No licenced car (only two brands in the annoying drift mode). The races are all the same. The AI is lame. The menu is confusing, even the music is bad (And I like rock/metal stuff).

The graphics are good, because all the car games have good graphics in 2012...

I played a bit in multi mode. Only two players in split screen...

I loved all the Flatout series, destruction derby series. I also like a lot Forza, NFS games, even GT5.
    I really don't find anything cool in that game.

1. Aug 9, 2012
    DiRT Showdown seems like it wasn't made for the die-hard DiRT enthusiasts. The DiRT physics give the game a more realistic slant, but the de-emphasis of more traditional rally racing will drive away series fans.
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    DiRT Showdown is the most fun I've had with a racing game since Burnout Paradise, a great looking game that nails the entertainment aspect of video gaming head-on.
    Shortcomings aside, Codemasters has delivered a very fast paced, slickly presented, arcade demolition derby that is more than capable of giving you some great entertainment value.