DiRT PlayStation 3

8.0

1. Steve
    Feb 5, 2008
    This game is excellent apart from one thing. There's not enough of it. Some great tracks are missing & not enough 4x4 rally cars.
  2. Abhijeet
    Jul 7, 2008
    I've tried a few racing games before this one but came away unsatisfied for one reason or the other. This is *the* racing game for the PS3 I've been waiting for. The events have amazing variety, both in discipline as well as circuits. The game looks gorgeous on my HD television. The learning curve is not too steep and you get better and buy better cars that further improve your I've tried a few racing games before this one but came away unsatisfied for one reason or the other. This is *the* racing game for the PS3 I've been waiting for. The events have amazing variety, both in discipline as well as circuits. The game looks gorgeous on my HD television. The learning curve is not too steep and you get better and buy better cars that further improve your performance as you go along. I'm only 20% of the way through after about three and a quarter hours of racing. This game should keep me occupied for a couple of weeks. A couple of minor quibbles. Some of the events are just boring, especially when trying to drive a massive truck or a buggy through a long dusty desert track. Racing the trucks through the desert is especially painful, since they're massive, slow and tend to tip over. The best events are with the more conventional cars, especially the 4WD cars that handle amazingly well. The second thing I don't like is the loading time, maybe I've been spoiled by the super quick loading times of games on the Wii. Expand
  3. DaveG.
    Feb 2, 2009
    Awesome graphics and variety of vehicles and events. The cars feel a little bit floaty but once you get the handling down it feels right. My only complaints are I would have wanted more of a reward for beating the game on expert and the career mode could have been more personalized. Also I would have liked to customize my cars. I though I would not like another rally game after playing Awesome graphics and variety of vehicles and events. The cars feel a little bit floaty but once you get the handling down it feels right. My only complaints are I would have wanted more of a reward for beating the game on expert and the career mode could have been more personalized. Also I would have liked to customize my cars. I though I would not like another rally game after playing Rally Sport Challenge 1 and 2 on original Xbox, but Dirt is a very good replacement and it runs perfectly with no issues at all on my PS3. Expand
  4. Woodok
    Sep 15, 2007
    ....beautiful...
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    I am yet to play DiRT2 and DiRT3 but this is simply superb. A really good rally game with excellent graphics (considering that it was made in 2007), very good gameplay and the kind of game which gives you a satisfaction once you have completed all the races. I have finished this game twice and I am sure I will give it one more go :)

Initially it may appear tough especially if you come

Initially it may appear tough especially if you come from the Need For Speed side of the world but once you get the hang of things and understand how the vehicles handle this is the game that you will recommend to one and all.
  6. Apr 10, 2011
    This is a great racing game. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The A.I. may be mercilessly hard and you may get really frustrated after playing the same race 20 times without winning, but in the end it's all a part of the experience, and that's where rockstar gets it right. the overall experience is so good it makes you forget about the little issues you may have with the game.This is a great racing game. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The A.I. may be mercilessly hard and you may get really frustrated after playing the same race 20 times without winning, but in the end it's all a part of the experience, and that's where rockstar gets it right. the overall experience is so good it makes you forget about the little issues you may have with the game. codemasters, i take my hat off to you, well done indeed!

perfect 10!
  7. May 30, 2015
    This is a very nice Rally game. I like the psysics when i am driving, the car sounds, and nice graphics. There is also awesome courses, many difficulties to choose, and many interesting vehicles. It's so fun to get up to the top, and collect much money to buy nice cars and paints. There is one thing i didn't like, and that is the loading time.

It's still worth to play!

1. PSM Magazine
    Beyond that, it is pure dirt racing womderment that serious sim fans will relish in and more casual players will want to push themselves to become more skilled at. [Dec 2007, p.85]
  2. AceGamez
    Online issues aside, Colin McRae: DiRT is a fantastic driving game in so many ways.
  3. It’s not that DiRT isn’t an amazing game, because it is, but more because rally racing just doesn’t appeal to as many people as street racing or exotic car racing.