8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    First of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improvedFirst of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improved graphic and gameplay, this is one of my favorite game, but the disappointment lies when they did not take care of the issue after the release. Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2015
    Critic Review. 71/100. Its a good game for a JRPG and is really worth it if you like the disgaea series, but the movement of the characters is a bit unusual. The characters feet are not even going with the floor. Other than that, it is not bad at all.

Rating: 71/100
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    The overall system has been improved from the last. Item world has been reworked, and improved making it a bit better if you're planning on diving in. Apprenticeship is improved and actually usable. Before you'd have to be near the character that created the other in order to gain any benefit, but now it's always on, and can be changed to other characters, not just the original creator.The overall system has been improved from the last. Item world has been reworked, and improved making it a bit better if you're planning on diving in. Apprenticeship is improved and actually usable. Before you'd have to be near the character that created the other in order to gain any benefit, but now it's always on, and can be changed to other characters, not just the original creator. Rather than give you a few pre-made characters it sticks you with just the 3 core, and 2 prinnies to start. A training option has been brought in to replace the classroom options in Disgaea 3.

Another change is that story characters will occasionally chat in battle just after moving them onto the board.

My only complaint is in the Start time. The game takes an odd length of time to just start. It might be doing something to improves overall load times since it goes quickly after the initial start up, but it was long enough that I thought it had hard locked my PS3.

NIS shows us tradition can easily hang with the Hollywood blockbusters of the video game world. The best game in the series, Disgaea D2 has humor, depth and story that will keep players entertained for weeks on end.
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 5, 2014
    A specific game for a specific subgroup of hard core gamers. [03/2014, p.73]
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    It’s a shame Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is a direct sequel. Despite niggling issues and a lackluster story compared to the original, it’s the most forgiving Disgaea to date. I woudn’t say it welcomes new players, but it streamlines things that took a long time without good reason and, in general, is the easiest Disgaea to play.