8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    First of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improvedFirst of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improved graphic and gameplay, this is one of my favorite game, but the disappointment lies when they did not take care of the issue after the release. Expand

NIS shows us tradition can easily hang with the Hollywood blockbusters of the video game world. The best game in the series, Disgaea D2 has humor, depth and story that will keep players entertained for weeks on end.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    A specific game for a specific subgroup of hard core gamers. [03/2014, p.73]
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    It’s a shame Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is a direct sequel. Despite niggling issues and a lackluster story compared to the original, it’s the most forgiving Disgaea to date. I woudn’t say it welcomes new players, but it streamlines things that took a long time without good reason and, in general, is the easiest Disgaea to play.