5.1

1. Jan 17, 2013
    It makes me sad to see that this game is being Metabombed for all the wrong reasons. First, this game is fantastic. The new story is more believable and much less Japanese. The action is fun, fast, and challenging (though not too difficult). The environments are imaginative and the stages are fun to play.

What you need to understand is that this game is a reboot. That means it has
    little in common with its predecessors. If you're a fan of the old DMC, you have 4 great games you can play. If DMC always seemed a bit odd or difficult, this is the one you'll want. Ninja Theory has done a great job keeping the combat accessible while retaining depth. If you want to just mash your way through big fights, you can do that (assuming you're on easy). If you want to do insane, spectacular customized combos, you can do that too. Fans of the series have been in an uproar ever since seeing new Dante doesn't have white hair. Now they're mad that the new game isn't soul-crushingly difficult. So they come on Metacritic and try their best to destroy this game. If you compare this game to other games in the DMC franchise, its very different. If you compare this game to other games in general, it stands well above most. Listen to the critics, not the haters. Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    I told myself so many times that I'd hate this game for the longest time, and I 'knew' it would be horrible. However, by the time of Nov. 2012, I decided that I was, in fact, excited by a new DMC, and I preordered it (partially to get the amulet). Now, I played the demo so much that I actually rarely played the full games I did own. The game's story seems pretty good to me, because I honestly don't care if something is cliched, so long as it works, and I personally enjoyed the story. Now, to the points of my review:

1. Dante, and the other characters, received as much, if not more, character development in this one game than they did through the entirety of the other four games. Don't get me wrong, I will always love the original four, especially DMC3, but this one did a great job developing characters.

2. The combat was much better. I was never incredible at the other Devil May Cry games, honestly just because I never have been good at pulling off complex combos (like in fighting games and such), so this one made me feel like I was incredible at the game, and I've even begun learning how to do some very complex combos too. More accessible.

3. No backtracking.

4. Darker. The setting befit a game centered around half demons and a world overrun by Hell.

5. The soundtrack. I absolutely loved the soundtrack to this game.

My only gripe is the length, I wish it took me longer than ten hours to beat.
  3. Jan 17, 2013
    C'Mon, boring and mediocre users at Metacritic. There's nothing wrong with the reboot of Devil May Cry. I saw it this morning on GameSpot and well...I agree what they are saying and critics definitely liked how the reboot inspires to the original DMC game in 2001. I played the demo and Capcom outdone themselves by recreating Dante and start to become a bad-ass all over the whole game. If you wanna give out negative feedback to fans, make sure you don't understand what you're talking about. DMC is one of the best reboots to kick start 2013 and if you don't believe me, wait till the reboot of Tomb Raider comes out. Expand
  4. Jan 17, 2013
    I enjoyed this a game a lot. Being a hardcore dmc game since the first when the reboot was announced i was pissed. Then as time went on i saw the game play which stayed true to the old games while keeping it fresh. I gave it a try and it has some over the top action like in the old ones. I think that any old hardcore dmc fan would enjoy this alot if they just gave it a chance.
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    This is NOT a game for pure DmC fanboys, if you are one of em just stay away from it or you will end up kid-raging and giving it a 0 like most of the other kids are doing here. However if you are an open minded gamer and would like to try out one of the most polished and visually stunning hack n slack of the last years just go on and get it, you won't regret it.
  6. Jan 17, 2013
    DMC 5 is the best dmc game ever.... stunning graphics... awesome gameplay.. great work ninja theory.. amazing level designing.... fine story...but still the best....game ever in the history of hack and slash games....
  7. Jan 17, 2013
    I was bummed out when they decide to make a reboot but I was open minded. I'm glad I was because this game is amazing and the combat is tweaked for newcomers but as well for the hardcore audience with jump cancels ect. The new DmC actually explains and starts off with the origins and from there on they can develop there characters. It really is a amazing game and rivals God of War, Dantes Inferno, Bayonetta ect. I WANT THE SEQUEL ALREADY DAMNIT! Expand
  8. Jan 16, 2013
    There are only two types of negative reviewers for DMC: people who can't handle the content - and bots. This game has excellent gameplay, excellent narrative, great graphics. The combos are off the wall great and the controls are fluid. It's different from the other dmc games in terms of gameplay mechanics, but the meat and bones of it is still there.
  9. Jan 16, 2013
    I personally love this game! I have been a fan of the franchise from the beginning and I honestly cannot understand the constant verbal bashing of this game, Ninja Theory or Capcom! It's an enjoyable game it plays well, it looks and sounds great It has a more of an in depth story than Anarchy reigns which you all probably voted to be fantastic getting (9.1 gamer reviews)!. I don't feel that game has ever made itself out to be it something that it's not. It still has all the "Devil May Cry" madness and weirdness about it. Remember people it's a REBOOT, remember and love the old DMC for what it was for it's time and give this new take on the franchise a chance by keeping an open mind! I say Well Done Ninja Theory and Capcom, I love It! Those that don't can just go back and play some more COD. Expand
  10. Jan 16, 2013
    I've noticed people on this site attributing the 0 review scores to angry fan boys. I highly doubt that the bulk of those reviews are done by them. Take notice that most of those reviewers have not reviewed any other games or only 1 or 2 in the past, and have written short reviews which could be done in very little time. These are accounts created solely to lower the score of this game. Its called trade protectionism, and in this case its probably a very large company in the gaming industry contracting a small company to influence the way that people percieve this game. I've noticed Microsoft doing similar things in the past. If you don't believe me then I encourage you to spend some time on some of the gaming sites owned by CBS and Newscorp, and see how they report on Japanese game publishers and console makers. Metecritic should work harder to ensure credibiltiy on its website.

This is another great game developed by Nija Theory. Good action, good graphics, there's my review.
  11. Jan 16, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tieDOOhiDiI a brief summary of what I thought of the game, this does not have any spoilers but does talk about stuff later in the game. Overall I enjoyed this game and I wish it wasn't being unfairly judged, the combat is streamlined which I think is an overall good thing
  12. Jan 16, 2013
    The game is great. Currently played through on normal difficulty and have to say the story progression and character integration is amazing. I was one of the first people on the hate train when they announced the new DmC would be a complete reboot, as having played DmC3 & 4, I was upset with the new Dante. After purchasing and playing the game I have completely changed my outlook. People who are upset over the change shouldn't affect your choice in purchasing this game. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    Don't you find it funny that there are so many negative scores so soon after release? It's unlikely that these people have finished the game let alone even played it considering how vehemently they seem to hate it. This is the one time I'm gonna say trust the professional reviews over the reader ones. Hey I guess sometimes anally distressed fanboys can be worse that official publications who knew. Either way damn solid game; even to anyone with distaste for it It should be at least a six. When Kabuki Warriors has a higher user score; you know you're dealing with dishonest biased opinions. "Demon's we know your game." Expand
  14. Jan 16, 2013
    Ignore all of the negative reviews, they are simply trolls, people who've not played the game.
    I got the game yesterday and finished It in just over 11 hours, it's a great game, with a colourful cast of both characters and environments and a fun combat system with depth should you seek it.

Ninja Theory have taken a lot of criticism from old DMC fans upon taking on the franchise and
    they've done a sterling job, aside from a few technical hitches on the PS3 version (including iffy shadows and the occasional frame drops on busy cutscenes) it runs and looks phenomenal, the standouts include Chapter 13/14 and the final battles.

In comparison, I found DMC4 to be a sloppy, lazily put together mess with no originality and half of the content was repeated, a terrible game.
  15. Jan 16, 2013
    Ignore the user score for this game, it, like so many other decent games, has been artificially lowered by fan-boys and other individuals for a few very specific, very dumb reasons. First, the majority of these people are by and large fans of Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4, which are decent games. They ignore the fact that Devil May Cry 2 was terrible, and that Devil May Cry 4 was hardly innovative or interesting at all. Besides that, they are upset that this game is a reboot of a franchise they used to love. It's as simple as that. They make no claims to the quality of the game, and if they do, they are lying. Nobody in their right mind could possibly give this game a 0/10 score. It's not possible. At minimum, this game should be a 6/10. It's got quite a lot of good things about it, and my experience with it is a solid 9/10 experience. I've had a TON of fun, the combat is fluid, graphics are great, the humor is just stupid enough, and I feel it stays true to the Devil May Cry experience. I don't know where these other people are getting off on calling this game complete garbage. This game is pretty damn good, and is far superior to DMC2 or DMC4 in terms of level design, combat, and innovation. Some people are just too stubborn to enjoy themselves, I guess. Expand
  16. Jan 16, 2013
    DMC is a very solid action/hack n slash game...it's too bad there is a legion of butt hurt fun boys that can't accept change. They'd rather give 0's to a game they haven't played than enjoy it for what it is. A new Devil May Cry game rebooted. Well they can keep playing old white haired 80's rocking Dante if they want. I'm all for the new.
  17. Jan 16, 2013
    Now normally I'm not one to write reviews of games that are only a day old. I just had to come and counteract this blind hate this game is receiving from over entitled "hardcore DMC fans." Now this game is no where near perfect and that's not what I'm trying to get across for this review. But all the 0 scores or pretty much anything 3 and below are all spouting the same nonsense that reviewers are being bought out to give this game good reviews. I want you guys to really think about this a second, if Capcom wanted to buy out reviewers for a massive AAA title like this, don't you think they would have done the same for Resident Evil 6, or Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City to guarantee good hype about the game. You guys are a broken record of already proven false conspiracy theories trying to turn as many people off to a new take on a new series because it doesn't fit in your otaku game collection. I didn't see a lot of complaining about Metroid Other M when that game did just about the same thing this game is doing aside from not being over the top. This is a good game; it has some things people will consider offensive, but that's part of its awkward charm. SSS ranks, sure are easy to obtain if you're good at dodging, but play this on Dante Must Die and see if you reap the same rewards. There's a lot of people going around saying that the enemy AI is exactly the same which is not true at all. The AI does improve drastically if you actually play between difficulties. Now my main gripe with the combat in this game, as it is very solid and easy to get into but also complex enough for fans of the past games like me. The thing that bugs me the MOST about the combat in this game is the lack of being able to lock on to enemies. Now for the most part the game auto locks on to whatever demon your pointing your stick towards or what you're looking at, but that removes one of the challenging aspects of DMC to begin with, having to juggle between manual locks was actually a fun part of the original series to me. But this issue is a personal one at best; I'm sure not everyone liked having to manually lock which is why most players played DMC4 on automatic and I'm sure Ninja Theory saw that. The only other thing that I didn't love about this game was the language; it sometimes got to be too much. This is NOT a DMC that can be played around your family or siblings if they are young. That was part of the charm of the original games; they were mature for different reasons other than language. But all in all after a real breakdown of this game I'm going to give it an 8/10. This is not a typical DMC, but this is still an excellent alternative until Capcom decides to continue the old series; I honestly hope there is room for both in the future and we see a DMC5 and a DmC2. Expand
  18. Jan 16, 2013
    Haters gonna hate. The game is awesome, i had to vote 10 because everyone is just trolling with 0-4 grades. It's a shame to all fans of Devil May Cry. Honest it's more then 8 but less then 9.1, if you are a fanboy and play with a mindset that the game is terrible, it will be.

Cons: easy on normal mode, normal on difficult and it's a devil may cry on son of sparda.
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    AWESOME. I was one of the fans that hated the first trailer but i try it and i have to admit:ninja theory pull it off ! This is a great game! This is a fun game to play,with great looks and a reasonably size single player campaign(very rare this days) Stop beeing babys ! Give it a chance and i bet you will have fun too ! Ninja Theory congrats!
  20. wou
    Jan 16, 2013
    incrivel como vagabundo ta chorando até agora só por causa do cabelo do dante, que por sinal ficou bem mais homenzinho, ja que aquela franja branca era MUUUITO emo

amazing how ta bum crying until now only because of dante's hair, which by the way was much little man, ja white fringe that that was sooo emo
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    I don't ever get hocked on Capcom games. Love Ninja theory games.Enslaved was my game of 2010. The two of mixed. Ninja with it's great story telling skills and Capcom's known knowledge on combat really makes this game a great reboot of the series. Won't be putting this game anytime soon. I see a lot of negativity towards the game on here. Your entitled to your own opinion's as am I.
  22. Jan 16, 2013
    Don't be fooled by the goth-Dante loyalists! Every Devil May Cry fan should give this title a shot & then decide for themselves whether or not this entry deserves a place in the series.
    My opinion is yes. It may be very different looking than the Devil May Cry we all know and love on the outside but it still plays and feels like a DMC game. Graphics & Presentation(9/10)
    While I'm not a
    fan of the unreal engine since it mostly ruins facial expressions, I didn't find that too much of an issue. The character movements were fluid and the environment looked amazing. The level design is one of the best I've seen in any game and is extremely unique. There were a few dropped frames during some cut scenes but it wasn't anything to be upset over. The soundtrack was great too.

Gameplay:(10/10)
    This is where this title really stands out. The improved gameplay is fantastic. Some people will hate it because it's "too simple", but the truth of the matter is that it really isn't. You can instantly switch between 5 melee weapons and 3 projectile weapons and chain them together. Dodging also plays a big role in this game sometimes giving you bonuses like stronger hits after a dodge. Another thing I liked was that you could enable and disable moves and upgrades without any penalties. It helped me use Dante exactly how I wanted to use him and get rid of also those annoying moves I accidently set off that ruined my combos. I do miss some of the puzzle elements in the old DMC games but that's been replaced by mostly speed-based platforming which I enjoyed very much.

Story & Boss Battles: (8/10)
    While the story was on par with DMC3, I felt like the conclusion was missing something (which will probably be addressed in the upcoming DLC). The characters were great an voice acting was more than just good. The boss battles were a bit of a disappointment. The first battle was something you'd expect from a DMC game but the rest of the bosses were odd. The studio tried to make each one unique and cinematic, which did look good, but I didn't enjoy them as much as I did the bosses of DMC3 & 4. All in all... You should try this game even if it is to confirm that you hate it (Didn't we all play DMC 2?). It is a very good game and one of my favorite in the series so far (2nd favorite, nothing can dethrone DMC3). If you boycott this game you'll just be denying yourself a fun and great experience. I just want to say that change is good sometimes. If you love DMC3 so much why not just go play DMC3 again? Its pointless for the studio to keep making the EXACT SAME GAME OVER & OVER AGAIN and make us pay to play it, right?
  23. Jan 16, 2013
    Okay, first off, I guarantee you that the low user score is completely unbalanced, because half the bad reviews give it a zero, meaning that there's no redeeming qualities at all, yet they admit stuff that's good. Long story short, fan boys are **** and they think that spamming this page with bad scores will make a difference. Here's a completely honest review, all feelings aside. This game has amazing production values. Fluid animations, great motion-capture acting, amazing art direction, great characterization, etc. Pretty much everything visually is perfect, frame rates aside. Story is great for me, but some have issues with it. The only real flaw I can give for this game is the surprisingly simple boss fights. Not that they are easy, but that they lack intellectual challenge, in that for the most part you just dodge the attack, then hit the glowing part. Which is a shame, because these bosses are some of the most unique visually I've ever faced, Bob Barbas being the most memorable boss I've faced in years. Now as far as combat goes, its more accessible and less complex than previous DMC games, and for me, that's perfect, but if your a die-hard DMC fan, you might have issue with it, claiming that this game has been dumbed down for noobs. More accessible doesn't mean its dumbed down, it just means that people with less dexterity can have fun. Point is, unless your a die-hard fan of the first 4, or just not a fan of hack n slash, then this game will definitely entertain. New Dante has all the **** and one liners of before, and since he has some actual scenes to be characterized, hes much more relate-able and likable, rather than a matrixy bad-ass whose too high above us for us to feel connected to him. Forget the fanboys bringing down the score, just read the reviews and see if you find anything you like Expand
  24. Jan 15, 2013
    this is actually a fantastic game. don't let other people say differently. The gameplay and action are superb. The graphics are gorgeous and the only reason people are giving bad reviews are because Dante doesn't have white hair. i have read several dozen reviews on here saying that "the game would be fantastic if it wasn't called DMC" (they gave a rating of 0-1) and "the game is fantastic but its not the real Dante" (also a 0-1). The game is very fun and engaging and a joy to play. Fantastic game. Expand
  25. Jan 15, 2013
    Stupid fans! They **** to much!!! its a great game on its own, awesome graphics, sweet smooth gameplay and a cooool story, the thing is that people NEVER will get used to the changes the world goes through, its really dumb, everybody has to understand that things change, if they liked the old franchise, then play those games and STFU! "If you want to make enemies... try to change something." -Adam Jensen Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    The combat is solid and fun. The environments are the best this generation. The story is solid, and the acting is great. Best Devil May Cry game. The changes that were made , in my opinion, make this game much better than the previous games. Don't believe the extremely low scores. Fans of the older games are score bombing this games like a bunch of brats.
  27. Jan 15, 2013
    Please do not believe all the people who hate this game on principle. This is a fantastic game that entitled fans of the prior series want to see fail.

Having that out of the way as someone who's played and enjoyed every DMC other than 2, I can say with no doubt that this is a well crafted game and more than worthy of the title Devil May Cry.
  28. Jan 15, 2013
    An absolutely amazing game. The gameplay is fun (which is the only thing that matters in determining a game's quality), the soundtrack is dubstep (which is amazing, and if you don't like it, it's just something your pathetic mind can't fully undertstand or appreciate), I won't comment on the graphics since they don't matter at ALL (but I like the dark and gritty artstyle, which resembles my art that I post on deviantart), and the story is a wonderful social commentary that exposes the evils of society and the government. If you like gritty games, and you like accessible, fun gameplay, then this is the game for you. Expand
  29. Jan 15, 2013
    The game is constructive and dynamic, truth to be a new release was very promising, emphasizing that this is not DMC or DMC3 DMC4 that those who try to compare only pure will say "bullshit" (I am a big fan of this series but I'm not going to get as a child and mourn ridiculous that followed my taste) Actually the game fun and I liked many aspects as some not so, the cinematics and well detailed graphics, the combo system is dynamic as for fans and non-fans, in my opinion, I think it is very good way to bring up again the name of Devil May Cry, because many of today do not know the previous games great titles, but never a game is not bad, but the bad thing is that there are many fans who are very ill. Expand
  30. Jan 15, 2013
    I will try to take every single detail into account while writing this review. Hokai here it goes:
    Let it be known that I have been a faithful Devil May Cry fan since the original one came out on the PS2. I have played every single DMC game and I have watched every episode of the animated series. At first I rejected this game because it was not the Dante I knew and loved. But as I played
    the first few missions, a new admiration overcame me. This new Dante is just as bad ass as the original. Sure he's more sexual and has a different look, but he has the same "whatever" badass attitude that we've come to love. The cast of characters isn't as great as Arkham, Lady, Jester and the rest from DMC 3, but they're similar in magnitude. The new Vergil is pretty cool and he did not deceive me for a second. You have to also accept the fact that this game is WAY BETTER than DMC 4. DMC 4 was the worst Devil May Cry game that I have ever played. The first half was amazing, but then the second half had the exact same missions in the exact same areas, with the EXACT SAME BOSSES. This game has a great story backed up with amazing levels that are visually stunning. The "flashback" environments with the gigantic chained statue or the way the world crumbles and changes as Dante is sucked into Limbo are amazing. The combat is still reminiscent of the original. The Style ratings are still there, thank god. And it's just pure fun. There's no complicated sword charging like in DMC 4 and you can keep a combo flowing for virtually minutes if you've got the skill for it. I personally would have preferred if they included more weapons like in DMC 3, but whatever I'm good with this. Overall, it does not beat DMC 3, the shining beacon of hope for games like these, but it is an AMAZING game. DEFINITELY BETTER THAN DMC 4 AND 2. You can see that Ninja Theory really poured their heart out into this and really tried hard. Expand
  31. Jan 15, 2013
    Great game. Great visuals, fluid action, great mechanics, and yes, a challenge. Not a blind hater, I haven't played DmC since DMC3, and I didn't even finish that, not because of the challenge, I love the challenge games such as Demon and Dark Souls, but because plainly, the entire series was just stale and boring. With the announcement of this, the change of the story and main character, I had to see it for myself. I tried out the demo, and loved it, the boss battle was engaging and fun, and the new Dante is a trip. You can call him immature and juvenile if you want, that is your opinion. I find him quite funny and real, engaging. That being said, the game does have a few problems. The PS3 version runs well, but at times can run a bit choppy, I prefer the overall visuals on the PS3 to the 360, but I think in time a patch will come out to hopefully allow the PS3 version to run a little smoother. Verdict: Must buy game for those with an open mind, who actually like good games.

Rating: 9/10
  32. Jan 15, 2013
    As god is my witness, this game's the height of perfection. Instead of a once ugly duckling Dante with old white grandpa hair, we now have a beautiful brunette swan. Thanks to Capcom for truly reaching the pinnacle of utter perfection with this absolute masterpiece of a game. I've already taken my copies of DMC, DMC2, DMC3, and DMC4, put them in the trash, and now DmC, Ninja Theory's stupendous reboot, sits upon the gaming throne in this hardcore gamer's domain. Expand
  33. Jan 15, 2013
    "DmC is a brilliant title as it shows us how willing Video game journalists are to prostitute themselves for ad revenue, merchandise and review copies of games. Anyone who played one level would recognize the now crippled game play is a massive drop in quality from previous titles. From the way enemies take a minimum of 5 seconds to attack to the boss banter being things like **** you" and " no **** you". The Plot is your typical masturbatory tale of how corporations are bad and evil with edgy little twists like the murdering of unborn children and brothers debating the length of their **** With all of the above in mind It seem ninja theory are the hero's we truly need to drag unscrupulous game journalists into the spot light and hopefully discover how they justify misleading and lying to consumers with claims that games such as DmC is anything near good.

I give this game a 10/10 for the valuable service it provides. Oh metcritic users here's a fun game, view the other reviews of anyone who gave this a 10/10 cause they sure love ninja theory games and that's about it.
  34. Jan 15, 2013
    LOL @ all these people hating on the game because it's different. I've played all the DMC games and this one is one of the best. The combat is fluid, the story is fun - and don't even say it's edgy because of the dialogue. People in the real world don't speak in perfect dialogue all the time, every day. I hear curse, disgusting words around me all the time, every day. So why wouldn't an actual protagonist? Get real. Don't hate on the game just because it's not the old DMC. Give it a shot. Rock it out. Have fun. Don't listen to these haters. Expand
  35. Jan 15, 2013
    Great improvement to a mediocre series. Character is a lot more interesting instead of being one gigantic anime joke. Cheesy bits are obvious throwbacks instead of just the writing. Combat is more fluid and varied than 4 even, though the later enemies aren't as interesting.
  36. Jan 15, 2013
    Quite simply one of the best games of the generation. Relentlessly fast-paced action with cool, relatable characters that will make you laugh, cry and cheer. Dante, our main character, is an edgy, memorable individual who doesn't care about anyone but himself. This makes him an outcast that anyone who's ever had a bit of a 'loner' streak about them will instantly relate to. Have you wanted to scream at the world to *bleep* off? Then this is a character for you. Virgil is anything brilliantly written character, seemingly a cool, calm and collected person he later shows a darker side in his pursuit for freedom. Much like a roller coaster, this ride isn't for children and pregnant women. Only mature gamers such as myself should go on this white-knuckle adventure through purgatory! You would be doing yourself a massive disservice by not buying this game (which has some DLC I already can't wait for!) because of some entitled individuals who can't see the woods for the trees due to their blind rage over something that is different from what they are used to. Give this game a chance. Expand
  37. Jan 15, 2013
    Very impressive game, one of the first reboots of a franchise that I have played and truly loved. I have been playing the Devil May Cry series since the first and I am impressed with Ninja Theory's vision and execution of ideas in this game. The art direction is fantastic, everything from character designs to environments look so unique. They have managed to take most aspects of what I loved about previous games and apply there own unique vision which has resulted in a breath of fresh air in a series that I felt had become stale after the third entry in the series. The game play while it does feel different is still fast paced and incredibly fun. The story is also while not perfect is still a major step up from any other title in the series so far. The only negatives in my opinion would be the difficulty level which to me was to easy at the beginning (although harder difficulties do become available) and the boss fights which I found to to be less open and free then the rest of the game. 9/10

It really makes me ashamed to call myself a gamer when various others use sites like this to give completely inaccurate and biased reviews to to effect a games sales. People are perfectly entitled not to like a game but to put down a game of this quality just because it isn't the same as what came before is ridiculous. Most negative reviews from users that I have seen so far do not even give any constructive criticism and instead bash a game, a lot of them I can guarantee have never even played. A review is meant to be unbiased. You can't honestly say this game has no good aspects to it. People need to realize that change is good. It drives innovation, without it the industry would become even more saturated with clones of more successful games which has already occurred. Focusing entirely on the negatives without any positive input at all could possibly destroy a series not improve it. If people truly love a franchise and you want aspects of a particular game to be improved or changed this is the attitude we need to take.
  38. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is awesome. If you love action games do yourself a favor go buy this now! If you believe these phony negative reviewers you will be missing out on one of the best action games to come out for a long time .I usually dont write reviews but it pisses me off when people give games an unjustified negative review.
  39. Jan 15, 2013
    What can I say about Devil May Cry? It's a game I received early and I've been playing it sense. It has a ton of depth and detail that really surprises me on a level that no game has in a long time. To make this short and sweet, this is possibly one of the greatest games of all time.

You are Dante, the demon killer, a hero and voice of the voiceless. You go through over 15 action packed
    and intense missions as him and the more you play as him the more you realize the subtle brilliance of his character and dialogue and just simply how bad ass he is. I'll say no more, but he's certainly better than a certain wannabe geezer.

The gameplay is and as a huge action junkie who buys EVERY action game I see I can say it's easily the most refined combat I've ever faced. Lock on is totally unnecessary when everything is so damn fluid. Some of the boss encounters are simply one of the greatest moments in gaming history and you'll be blown away by them. The graphics are some of the best detailed, I mean the limbo moments are simply mind blowing! And there's a level that's COMPLETELY LIKE A NEWS BROADCAST! I won't say more, but I can say I was NOT disappointed in that.

And finally the sound design. The dubstep, as a personal huge fan of the genre the game does it total justice and the music makes me want to buy 10 soundtrack CDs just so I can share it with my friends.

In closing, I loved this game. I wasn't that big of a fan of the original series but this reboot did it total justice. You would be a fool if you would let this pass up.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    If nothing else, DmC is sure to entertain with many hours of button hammering, fizzing combat. However, the experience as whole has hugely benefitted from a reboot and those who are familiar with the series will appreciate the new features and relish the opportunity relive Dante’s origin story. DmC, as a combat driven action title has held together the soul of the franchise, while enhancing all in-game features to create a unique experience for everyone.
  2. Ninja Theory deserves credit for not only delivering smooth combat and telling an entertaining story, but also for crafting detailed character models without lip-synch errors, who show real emotion and wear clothing that moves along with them. This is what a 2013-game should look like. [February 2013, p.72]
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Ninja Theory are calling the DMC shots now and they're doing it well. The fighting mechanics are a little bit easier to master and perhaps not as deep as before, but on the other hand the storytelling is improved with skillfully crafted cutscenes. Put up with a rather dull introduction and you're in for a great game.