DmC: Devil May Cry PlayStation 3

5.2

1. Aug 18, 2015
    Change an iconic character's hair, and what do you get? Angry fanboys raging on Metacritic! DmC is a good game, get over it. I admit, I like the old Dante better, and the old dungeons and dragons feel of it, but this game is good in rights of its own. If it weren't associated with Devil May Cry, we would all be praising this game. The combat is BETTER, and the story is refreshing. TheChange an iconic character's hair, and what do you get? Angry fanboys raging on Metacritic! DmC is a good game, get over it. I admit, I like the old Dante better, and the old dungeons and dragons feel of it, but this game is good in rights of its own. If it weren't associated with Devil May Cry, we would all be praising this game. The combat is BETTER, and the story is refreshing. The relationship with Dante and Vergil was oustandingly made. I will also admit, Kat needed more depth in her character, and Dante was a bit out of the context at some point, but this could easily be one of the top 10 Hack 'n' Slash games ever. By the way, this review is coming from a HARDCORE Devil May Cry fan, so you know this is coming straight from the heart. That is just my opinion. A hater will always hate. 8/10. Great Game! Expand
  2. Aug 5, 2015
    Have been a DMC fan for years. Really liked this version. Gameplay was fast paced, funny, absurdly violent at times and just overall a lot of fun. Would highly recommend.
  3. Feb 8, 2015
    Its sad some people opened up a bunch of fake accounts just to bash on this great game, the combat was very fun but not perfect, the story was excellent too... The game did not receive one bad review from the critics, but gamers they love their soap opera stories, and Dantes long hair.
  4. Dec 21, 2014
    This game was fun and beautifully designed. New Dante is fresh, badass, and has attitude. Unlike Capcom, Ninja Theory is actually capable of writing decent dialogue, so there's that as well. The story is somewhat stereotypical with a fairly obvious twist built in, but these games aren't really played for their story. The level design was unique and visually appealing. Here are my mainThis game was fun and beautifully designed. New Dante is fresh, badass, and has attitude. Unlike Capcom, Ninja Theory is actually capable of writing decent dialogue, so there's that as well. The story is somewhat stereotypical with a fairly obvious twist built in, but these games aren't really played for their story. The level design was unique and visually appealing. Here are my main complaints: there is a fair amount of platforming, which in itself isn't bad, but coupled with some awkward controls and poor depth perception it could get frustrating. Dante and Vergil were decent characters, but their female helper was a little over-dramatic. All in all, DmC: Devil May Cry was a really fun game, and if you must compare it to the original series, it was a solid reboot with many good changes. Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2014
    Few games manage to make difficulty a genuine selling point, but the Devil May Cry games are an example of just that done well. DmC is not just a difficult combat driven game though; by re-envisioning the game series from a more western perspective, the game has been more grounded in western culture and as such this iteration has a far more engaging story compared to previous games in theFew games manage to make difficulty a genuine selling point, but the Devil May Cry games are an example of just that done well. DmC is not just a difficult combat driven game though; by re-envisioning the game series from a more western perspective, the game has been more grounded in western culture and as such this iteration has a far more engaging story compared to previous games in the series,

Gameplay wise, this is as you'd expect. There's a multitude of weapons, various different styles of combat and movement, and all of this is mapped to the controller in such a way that you'll need the use of every button. It's masterfully crafted, and while some changes are made, such as the guns being far less powerful in this incarnation of the series, it's all still very skill focused. There are less moves in this game compared to Devil May Cry 4, but what is here is plentiful and true mastery of these combat mechanics would take years. Any DMC fan wanting the challenge of previous games will not be disappointed, particularly with the additional difficulties unlocked after the first playthrough. Level design is very well set up, with storyline reasons behind the otherworldliness of the levels. Platforming sections break up the action well and fit nicely with the controls. Lastly there's the boss battles all of which fit the theme, require specific tactics and mastery of the controls; actually change their patters and tactics on different difficulty levels; and are genuinely inventive in design.

Storyline wise, whilst nothing groundbreaking in fiction, the story is a good example of an anti-corporate story in which a disenfranchised anarchic man-child learns to put his abilities to use to take down the corrupt corporate world powers who are, in this case literally, demonic evil. It's very reminiscent of They Live and has elements of George Orwell's 1984. Derivative sure, but well written, well paced, and an interesting attempt to tell an engaging story with a franchise that had previously never attempted to be more than a cheesy over-the-top animé.

All in all this is one of the best action games made in years and barring a few textures issues, slight screen tearing during cutscenes oddly though thankfully not during gameplay; this game has no real notable flaws. It's sad really that this site will be filled with pathetic squawking fanboys rating it unreasonably low because the developers changed Dante's hair colour (something they actually did for a story purpose that as a fan of the series I quite appreciated actually). If you see this game get it, the easy difficulty is accessible but still challenging for new players, while the extended difficulty modes will keep veteran fans going for years; couple that with a decent and well told story and you can't go wrong. An easy recommendation.
  6. Jun 30, 2014
    Finished the game & the Vergil's Downfall DLC. I must say, i'm impressed. Haven't play any of the DmC game before, so this is my first experience with the series. This game is awesome. Story of Dante & Vergil, the son of Eve & Sparda, Angel & Demon. Makes them a being called Nephilim. The only race that could defeat the demon king, Mundus. The story is quite simple though, just Dante,Finished the game & the Vergil's Downfall DLC. I must say, i'm impressed. Haven't play any of the DmC game before, so this is my first experience with the series. This game is awesome. Story of Dante & Vergil, the son of Eve & Sparda, Angel & Demon. Makes them a being called Nephilim. The only race that could defeat the demon king, Mundus. The story is quite simple though, just Dante, seeking revenge for killing his mother, while Vergil is trying to find "Freedom".

Plus point:
    - The new Dante is super badass! Like the coolest action hero for 2013. He is totally a memorable character.
    - A great battle system. Combo, combo, & combo. You can make your own combination and make an endless combo.
    - Well weapon style that can be upgraded, brings the battle to a whole new level. Maxed out all of your weapon level and you will have a superb Dante.

Minus point:
    - While the story is okay, the DLC's story was just crap. I mean it's cool that we get to play as Vergil, but the story itself is a total crap.
    - I don't usually play this kind of game. I started with the Demon Hunter difficulty, and it proves to be real hard for me. I guess the game itself is hard enough.

I enjoyed the game, although i'm not a fan of that genre. 8/10 for a great game.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is criticized heavily by the haters mostly due to the fact they are too in love with the previous Dante to appreciate a new one, which I'd be all too sympathetic with if not for how much a tool he was in Devil May Cry 4. If anything a reboot saved the original Dante from any further degradation. While DMC may never take the place of devil May Cry 3 in my heart, it has a lot toThis game is criticized heavily by the haters mostly due to the fact they are too in love with the previous Dante to appreciate a new one, which I'd be all too sympathetic with if not for how much a tool he was in Devil May Cry 4. If anything a reboot saved the original Dante from any further degradation. While DMC may never take the place of devil May Cry 3 in my heart, it has a lot to offer that people going into it wanting the game wanting to hate it will unfortunately miss. The combat was very fluid, and chaining hits together was easier and significantly more satisfying than in previous titles, admittedly the game had no manual lock on, but that was never as much of a problem as some people would make it out to be, enemies didn't suddenly disappear off-screen leaving you at the mercy of your blindside as the camera was responsive and seemed to know exactly what you wanted to focus on. I found new Dante had more depth as a character and developed a lot more over the course of the game than previous Dante who seemed to subscribe to a single personality trait (cockiness) through most of Devil May Cry 3, only showing an ounce of humanity near the end while it counted and through ALL of Devil May Cry 4 where he was a complete tool. The levels were well designed, and often tried to mix it up with a bit of platforming, which was cool. Devil trigger was awesome, a huge improvement, though I think the way new Dante obtained it was quite lack luster compared to original Dante. My only real issue with the game was the story, it felt very disconnected? Like there was the main objective of the game, which is obvious from the start, but to reach it you had to go through a lot of random and unconnected events, on top of that, while bosses that were in it were good, there seemed to be fewer than in the previous Devil May Cry's and I don't think they are as memorable as them in all honesty. The weapons were boss, you could attain some insane combos swapping between them, and I don't think there was a single one I didn't get on with, though I did favour the Aquilus, I won't lie.
    That's pretty much it to be honest, it's unfortunate this game got so much stick and while it has it's bad points, it's got plenty more good points to make up for it. This game won't be for everyone, if you're one of those people who is practically in love with original Dante and are completely against the idea of him changing then steer clear of the game, you'll go into it with a bad mindset and look for reasons to hate it. If you're more open minded, and like me favour original Dante, but can accept the idea of a reboot after they practically butchered him in DMC4, give it a try, it'll be like a breathe of fresh air. Though be prepared for some cheesey puns, because they were CRINGE-FULLY cheesey.
  8. Jun 1, 2014
    Now, I don't say this often. But this is, simply put, the best game I ever played in my life.

I've played lots of games. Tons amongst tons, but nothing ever drew me in like DmC: Devil May Cry did. The soundtrack is outstanding. With dubstep pieces from Nero and nice Metal from Combichrist. Both of these artist combined to make a soundtrack that pumps the game to a whole new level. The gameplay is at the top. It's simply the epitome of "Perfection". With a slash here and a fist slam there, all moves flow together to create a symphony of SSSensational combos. The story is also well made. The demons run the world through the media. From bankers to news reporters, every character shines brightly, even though, they're quite dark themselves. Dante, being revamped and all, is wonderful. Being a potty-mouth suits his look and style. His one-liners are also very amusing as well. There's never a dull moment with him. Vergil and Kat are really great supporting characters too. Kat is a nice semi-love interest and Vergil is one of those guys who you know will show his true colors later on. All in all, the game is simply PERFECT and everything flows together in one stream of fluid, swift and sweet goodness of a third-person action adventure game. Pick this game up, you won't regret it.
  9. May 4, 2014
    An absolutely fantastic and true addition to the DMC universe. Being a dedicated fan od the original series that has played through all versions multiple times (especially 4), I can honestly say that this game fits in almost perfectly, and I dont say this in a negative way. Everything from the combat, environments, soundtracks and storytelling fell DMC, but they refreshingly are not justAn absolutely fantastic and true addition to the DMC universe. Being a dedicated fan od the original series that has played through all versions multiple times (especially 4), I can honestly say that this game fits in almost perfectly, and I dont say this in a negative way. Everything from the combat, environments, soundtracks and storytelling fell DMC, but they refreshingly are not just more of the same. The combat fundamentals I suppose are easier to master, however the endless possibilities for strategies and of course combos are what sets this version apart. Being able to switch weapons instantly mid combo is such a leap above having to pause the game there isnt much argument here. The wide open level design with floaty platforms are such a pleasure to float through with the angel lift, and the atmospheric soundtracks really add to the sense of flying. The story pays so much to the original lore a true fan cannot helped to be moved by it. I m quite upset that I, like many others, passed this title up originally just on the character redesign (which actually plays so nicely into this prequel). I can only imagine how incredible a sequel would be from NT, heres hoping capcom gives them the opportunity. Expand
  10. Apr 30, 2014
    I myself like the game entirely. Graphic wise it was a piece of art. The game style and the play remind me a bit of infamous so I could jump in right away. Also its a new story so any one could jump in and understand a bit what is going on.
    Overall I give this game a ten since even after you play it over and over its still pretty good and the hardest difficulty is really amazing, a good experience.
  11. Apr 6, 2014
    I played because it in PS plus, and woah! I really like it. Full action packed game, challenging combats that makes you think how to beat enemies that have weak and strong points. I also found characters more charismatic than in the former games.
  12. Apr 4, 2014
    This is a low 8/10. I didn't complete nearly half the content the game has to offer. For the simple reason that this type of game really doesn't appeal to me. Now why would I give a game that doesn't appeal to me an 8/10? Well first off this is my first entry into the devil may cry franchise. And for what it is, they did a really good job with this origin story (as far as origin storiesThis is a low 8/10. I didn't complete nearly half the content the game has to offer. For the simple reason that this type of game really doesn't appeal to me. Now why would I give a game that doesn't appeal to me an 8/10? Well first off this is my first entry into the devil may cry franchise. And for what it is, they did a really good job with this origin story (as far as origin stories go). I couldn't get into doing the secret areas. I couldn't really get into the environments. I didn't really like alot of the characters. The game is hampered by it's low resolution of 720p...which is a real pity.

Why the 8? The game is absolutely beautiful...even with it's 720p handicap. The enemies the weapons....Dante's movements....the physics...everything is top knotch. The acting is even pretty good (alot better than resident evil). Like I said I didn't feel the need to learn all the combo's or complete the higher difficulties or do the secret areas. It just didn't appeal to me. I played to advance the story while marveling at how cool the fighting in the game was. That said, you can pull off some really brutally satisfying combo's in this game. Combat is fun in this game, period. There are a ton of weapons and it's satisfying to vary your attacks. Also the slow motion final blow to the enemies in the area is just awesome every time. It's fun.

My major gripes with the game were that I felt (when not in combat) like I was on rails most of the time. I didn't feel any connection or understanding toward the environment I was fighting in. So it was hard to feel anything toward the universe past the individual characters in the story. The boss battles were all very satisfying. The music was superb.
    1 problem was the ranged weapons, mainly ebony and ivory the iconic dual pistols of dante. They are terrible WEAK in this game. Their special powers ad combo's do next to no damage they are there to look badass and increase style points (the point system). I get what they were trying to do though. Being able to kill everyone with your pistols would detract from the game. SO their only real use is to look badass and to keep the style meter going (which is important).
    I really really enjoyed the final boss fight in this game. It was just so well done and so satisfying to play. It really made me want to go out and buy the sequel on the offchance I might get to experience another boss battle like that. The game didn't appeal to me, but I can appreciate a good game when I see one. 8/10.
  13. Apr 1, 2014
    I don't undestand all the bad/evil critics...**** awesome game..Varieted gameplay, lots of weapons and cool combos to use. Just don't get a 10 because I didn't liked the end.
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    great game. Combat system is very addictive but kind of repetive, storyline is not very satisfying ( not what i bought the game for though), soundtrack is amazing, and the weapon unlocks, and special moves are pretty cool too.
  15. Mar 23, 2014
    I had a lot more fun playing DMC than playing God of war Ascension ! Plateforming sections and control-issues aside, the game offer great movesets and weapons and really cool boss fights.
  16. Mar 20, 2014
    Wow, for anyone who hasnt played devilmaycry this is a must play game. The crying fans need to be quiet, if this hadn't been called devilmaycry, it would of score a 9 all over the board for amazing gameplay, graphics and story alone.
  17. Mar 6, 2014
    O.K for the sake of being honest I have played very little of the other DMC games mainly watching my brother playing it. So as a newcomer I liked this game I found the others to hard and would generally would not play this kind of game, it was the main guy Dante who pulled me in and there lies the controversy of this game.

Die hards of the game will hate the new look and new attitude of

Die hards of the game will hate the new look and new attitude of Dante but as a newcomer it does not bother me to much. The game is a lot easier than previous entries in the series but if you still want the challenge there are plenty of difficulty's to choose from including the Dante must die mode and heaven and hell or if you are really hardcore hell and hell.

But this is a GOOD game and if you have not played a DMC game before and if you are not a fan of fighting games (normally I hate them) I would still recommend it.

The Good- Excellent level design the world feels like it wants and actively tries to kill you
    The Bad- Negative scores given by fanboys unfairly scoring this game 0's 1's 2's
    The Ugly- Oh Ninja Theory why would you do that with the wig hair joke you really thought that was a good idea?

Final Verdict: 8/10 A Dam Good Game
    Have a look at it even if you generally don't play fighter games like me.
  18. Mar 6, 2014
    I have never play a Devil May Cry game before, so for me is the first one, and is an excellent game, fast pace, good combos, great graphics and visual effects, good story, remind me a lot Bayonetta, is a game for a certain type of player, if you like hack and smash you will love DMC, and please don't give bad notes just because dante don't looks like you want
  19. Mar 2, 2014
    I loved the old games, and this one certainly did not disappoint me. A reboot is not supposed be about making the exact same thing over again, like Halo 1. Let the masterpiece be before you mess with what is perfect. If you don't like it just don't play. They did a great job with a new story and some very well developed characters. The game is still wide open to take alot of the same roadsI loved the old games, and this one certainly did not disappoint me. A reboot is not supposed be about making the exact same thing over again, like Halo 1. Let the masterpiece be before you mess with what is perfect. If you don't like it just don't play. They did a great job with a new story and some very well developed characters. The game is still wide open to take alot of the same roads as the last one. I am looking forward to the sequel and stealing the hair cut! Expand
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    this game deserves atleast 8. 4.9? WTF. i understand that fanboys dont like the new Dante, but for someone like me who never played and doesnt care about DMC franchise, and looks at DMC:Devil May Cry not like a sequel to favorite series, but as a stand alone game: this game is pretty damn sweet. i guess i enjoyed it more than Darksiders. RECOMENDED
  21. Jan 29, 2014
    This game has everything you want from the devil may cry series and more. The third installment in the series left me a bit stale but after playing this game I loved it. The weapon system, style system, item system, further content afterwards. EVERYTHING about this game was done right. Keep up the great work.
  22. Jan 25, 2014
    Very cool art style. Just so different from anything out there. Really fun controls. Makes it fun and easy to do badass combos. Story is cool and characters are fun. The game is just fun. Really enjoyed its irreverent style. Great time
  23. Jan 24, 2014
    DmC is my biggest surprise of the year, and it is a shame that short-sighted fans have condemned the reboot simply based on Dante's character design.

To start, I have played all the Devil May Cry's and DmC is my favorite. DmC is more fun, more clever and more stylized that all the DMCs before it. Switching between weapons mid-combo is a blast. You never know what to expect in limbo, and it is awesome to watch levels transform as you make your way through them.

The most important thing to note though, is that the new Dante is so much more relatable than the old Dante. The first time a ridiculous demon appears and the level transforms, and Dante says, "What the **** **** You will be right there with him.
  24. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, have to clear this up. this game deserves much more than a 4.9, which is the current user score.

(spoilers)

I'm a veteran of the devil may cry franchise, been playing since the 1st one. While I'm very attached to the old dante (as attached as you can be to a character you know so little about), as a video game (and DMC) enthusiast, I can't let that get in my way.

This game is technologically and critically head and shoulders above previous installments in the franchise. While I think it may have happened a little bit too soon, I really hope to see a sequel to this game.

I never felt attached to old Dante. He was always just some badass in a red coat with a sword. and that was awesome. I've always felt that the DMC story line was obscure to mask a lack of coherence. With the Reboot, we're able to know the characters so much more. You get to watch this young, lost badass become the **** talking demon hunter we know and love. You get to watch him build a bond with his lost brother and then see this bond torn away, wo witness the borth and growth of characters and relationships like previous DMC games never even thought about doing.. old DMC never made me feel anything, except "that was awesome". With Neo-Dante, it's so much more awesome, and also emotional. great story, great fastpaced and open ended frantic action gameplay leave most people behind. it's too "hardcore" for some people. and with better story telling and game play.

This game is great. anything below a seven is unwarranted, submitted by an uneducated and/or stubborn and/or ignorant and/or narrow minded fanboy
  25. Jan 13, 2014
    I played this game as part of the Instant Game Collection available for free to Playstation Plus members.

This is the best game of its type I have ever played, period. I was completely surprised at how outstanding the quality of the game is and I highly recommend it. The graphics and art style are just fantastic, the sound and soundtrack compliment the gameplay really well, and the controls are just great. It has an engaging plot with twists that kept me interested throughout. I didn't find the gameplay frustrating in the least. I found that even in very highly populated fight scenes, enemies that weren't in camera view wouldn't attack from off screen. To be fair, once I realized this I was able to use it a few times to get through some tough fights by positioning the camera away from the tougher enemies while I widdled down the weaker ones, but the end result was a very fun experience. DMC is very accessible and I loved this game. Developer Ninja Theory's finest.

The only trouble I find is that games in this genre continued to be priced, day one, for 60 dollars. There's a lot of competition these days from games that will keep players interested up to 100 hours and sometimes more. DMC, on the first playthrough, might take maybe about 15 hours. By comparison, Assassin's Creed games usually last about 30 hours for me, and Batman: Arkham City over 100 hours. So, it can be a hard sell - which is why I didn't pick it up when it came out and I suspect is the reason why others may not have. And it's a shame because a lot more people might have given the game a chance if it were priced better. Despite its quality, a game in this genre should not be priced at more than 40 dollars, but that's just my opinion. In any case, Playstaion Plus members can now play it for free. I'm really glad I got to play it and am eagerly looking forward to Ninja Theory's next game.
  26. Jan 9, 2014
    This is the first time I've posted how I've felt about a game online b/c it's the first time I thought I really needed to, I feel this way because the game had really great reviews from critcs but sold a million copys under what capcom was expecting and for some reason people who played the game didn't like it no idea y though, all these reasons make me fear the are not going to continueThis is the first time I've posted how I've felt about a game online b/c it's the first time I thought I really needed to, I feel this way because the game had really great reviews from critcs but sold a million copys under what capcom was expecting and for some reason people who played the game didn't like it no idea y though, all these reasons make me fear the are not going to continue the reboot and make a DmC 2, now onto how i feel about the game, the games been great so far decent graphics coupled by excellent gameplay and the story was pretty dam good, the old dmc for me was mediocre excludingg 4 wich was prty good I didn't really enjoy Dante as a charecter in the old. One but I liked him in this one ( I did this on an iPad so I apoligise in advance if it's hardto read. Expand
  27. Jan 8, 2014
    To all who hated the DmC: Devil May Cry game listen this game is a remake of the old Devil May Cry and as a loyal fan I think it really, but Dante's character could had been better written instead of him being a or "Emo". Although DmC: Devil May Cry has a few issue like gameplay, easily getting a triple S (SSS) ranking, the no aiming system, and a few other things but if you guys haveTo all who hated the DmC: Devil May Cry game listen this game is a remake of the old Devil May Cry and as a loyal fan I think it really, but Dante's character could had been better written instead of him being a or "Emo". Although DmC: Devil May Cry has a few issue like gameplay, easily getting a triple S (SSS) ranking, the no aiming system, and a few other things but if you guys have face issue please comment them. This game is really amazing and Ninja Theory please as a fan to the series all of us DmC: Devil May Cry fans and Devil May Cry fans we want to see more and oh my god if we get to play with either DmC: Devil May Cry with Dante's father, Trish, Lady, and even Nero and guys side note here the chick from the second Devil May Cry isn't memorable as Lady and Trish. Ninja Theory we can't wait to see what you can do for this next generation of gameplay hell it would be amazing to see including a Devil trigger a Angel Trigger oh my god that would awesome or even other new gameplay features we never got in the old Devil May Cry. Expand
  28. Jan 5, 2014
    It is the biggest suprise I had in 2013 that this game is actually real good. When the game first was introduced I also was dissapointed. I did not like the look of the new dante and this game felt weird by the screenshots. Saw this for free as a ps plus member, thought I should give it a try and dont regret the decision after all.
    its slower than its predecessors and the missing lock on
    its slower than its predecessors and the missing lock on is a big down point but the possibility to fight with all weapons at the same time switching smootlhy during the fight is awesome. Like also the art style and the characters are not that bad either, altough they up vergil.
    It aint perfect but it is much better than I have expected.
  29. Jan 3, 2014
    For the record, I played DMC1 and DMC3 and enjoyed them very much
    I had low expectations of this game given the shown trailers, but found it a very enjoyable experience.
    The story, very much in line with the series, is again completely non-sensical, even if it tries to take itself seriously. The fighting, which is the core of every DMC game, is actually better than in other DMC
    For the record, I played DMC1 and DMC3 and enjoyed them very much

The fighting, which is the core of every DMC game, is actually better than in other DMC games. The customisation has been tuned down a bit, but there were very few people who could master 8+ different weapons and their combo's anyway (as in DMC3). So it's a good thing they simplified it.
    Combo's have been streamlined in between weapons, which makes them a lot more logical to execute.
    There are at times also tips given on how to deal with certain times of ennemies, but very gradually which is a welcome change.

The characters: The main antagonist is actually pretty well crafted and believable, but you can't say the same of Dante. For the main character, he's incredibly childish and non-believable.
    There are however a few pretty good jokes hidden in the game, but there's also a lot of 14 year old chatter.

Graphics are OK, but design quality varies greatily in between levels. There are a few masterpieces of design in the game, but there are also a few questionable (albeit original designed) and tasteless decision choices on two bosses (in my opinion), which was a bit offsetting.

But all in all, a good experience.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    First things first: I'm a very big DMC series fan. And I was a fan who no longer give much importance to the series. Now thanks to this game: Dante is back and in shape! GoodBye Nero (was that the name?). DmC is a very cool action game!! I really loving this game! I'm writing this review in half of my progression in the game and I want to play a second time.. maybe third.

The Gameplay

The Gameplay (10/10): super smooth, very fast and very rewarding! super mega big combos with lots of weapons in the air in the gound where ever you want! I think is the most rewarding dmc game in gameplay! Big smile in my face when I hear "SADISTIC" in a hollow voice lol. very cool. Really, this game makes me laugh of pleasure. To the fans they should play in nephilim mode, is more difficult and it's not very easy to reach the SSS rank (only once in my playtrough). Man the weapons are a delight!!! Nice addiction the training mode, very useful!!

The Graphics (9/10): put this simple Limbo is a very beautiful place.. shame is full of demons the producers gave much love to this city very colorful and is always changing top down bottom up! cool the city changes when we walk on it! seriously often stopped just to rotate the camera and see the scenery. so much happens in those landscapes that we can not see due to the frantic combat.

The Sound (9/10): in my opinion the best in the series. period. i remember playing dmc3 and was boring always the same music. Now yes this is a soundtrack. Heavy metal with electronic music. cool stuf with many different tunes that give perfect balance to what we see on screen. The music is dynamic to, depending on your performance in combat and style. The voice acting is great!! great job!!

Conclusion: Ninja Theory respects DMC and is fans: as we play the game we understand it. Thanks to their imagination the series will not die because it seemed to be the destiny of Dante. The world of gaming has changed a lot and DMC needed to change to. I dont understand that low scores!! why?!!! Dont want the newcomers to play this amazing action game?! Now make yourself a favour go play this game and have a hell of a good time (hell man!!) with style!!

Dante is back!! with lots of style! never thought I'd say this again!

Almost forgot: Dante! very nice kid. super style and bad ass!! always mocking! I was tired of that kind of japanese super hero/manga/anime from past games. this dante is more human. much more human. very well designed with great attention to detail. and is story is simple but fun and better than past games. And Vergil is very cool to. For me better than dmc3.

Cons: I can not give a 10 I wish I could because this game got it all, but I cant because is a little to short. Some missions are way to small (like make a few jumps and kill a few demons) but on the other hand this game screams repeatability all the way. I just finish and I must play two or more times to finish everything I left behind. And it's fun to play so it will not be boring. Another thing: where's the taunt button (this one is personnel)?!

PS.: that Devil Trigger is cool stuff.. again the "cool" word!!

1. Jul 30, 2013
    If nothing else, DmC is sure to entertain with many hours of button hammering, fizzing combat. However, the experience as whole has hugely benefitted from a reboot and those who are familiar with the series will appreciate the new features and relish the opportunity relive Dante’s origin story. DmC, as a combat driven action title has held together the soul of the franchise, while enhancing all in-game features to create a unique experience for everyone.
  2. Ninja Theory deserves credit for not only delivering smooth combat and telling an entertaining story, but also for crafting detailed character models without lip-synch errors, who show real emotion and wear clothing that moves along with them. This is what a 2013-game should look like. [February 2013, p.72]
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Ninja Theory are calling the DMC shots now and they're doing it well. The fighting mechanics are a little bit easier to master and perhaps not as deep as before, but on the other hand the storytelling is improved with skillfully crafted cutscenes. Put up with a rather dull introduction and you're in for a great game.