Double Dragon: Neon PlayStation 3

7.1

1. Nov 29, 2012
    I must give my opinion on this game based on my experience playing it and not guided by my classic NES Double Dragon Nostalgia. The graphics are so so, and the control has some flaws but in the end work ok. I must say it's more fun to play whit a friend in co op mode that single mode. But if u liked the original game and are a hardcore fan of Double Dragon series, u will love this game. II must give my opinion on this game based on my experience playing it and not guided by my classic NES Double Dragon Nostalgia. The graphics are so so, and the control has some flaws but in the end work ok. I must say it's more fun to play whit a friend in co op mode that single mode. But if u liked the original game and are a hardcore fan of Double Dragon series, u will love this game. I know i do! Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2012
    Fun, challenging and aimed for the masochist audience. It's great to play with a friend and it's torture to play alone. That being said, nice graphics and an interesting overhaul with a crazy atmosphere that constantly made me scratch my head saying, "wait, what? Was this in the original?". A cool downloadable game and worth its $9,99 price. An old school beat'em up with a current-gen feel.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    I can't help but feel that this childhood memoryn has been somewhat diminished, the game is way too easy even on max difficulty and the audio of the game is plain awful, cheesy one liners and an evil guy with a British voice. On the Plus side, the fighting is solid and entertaining but that's as far as it will stretch.
  4. Oct 9, 2014
    As an old school Fan of Double Dragon arcade and Nes I find this game to a mixed bag. The music is amazing and the visuals are adequate. Now as for atmosphere its gone from a Mad Max like vibe to the Teenage mutant Ninja turtles. The fighting style does not have the same feel and generally feels awkward.
    Last but not least some of the stages (haunted forest) just feel like filler.
    Good
    Last but not least some of the stages (haunted forest) just feel like filler.
    Good try developers but its got nothing on the original.
  5. Jun 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I grew up on Double Dragon for the Sega Master System and while I can't say this remake is as good, it does a great job of alluding to previous references. The music remixes of the classic songs are awesome and I appreciate Billy and Jimmy fighting for the girl at the end of the co-op. It's definitely replayable for the unlocks and higher difficulty as the game was fairly difficult for normal even with one of the players having had skills from a previous playthrough. It is a great tune-up of the old Double Dragons and the 80's with its own modern style. However, I can't say I was overly impressed with the game or found it to be the most fun I've had with a game. I would be reluctant to replay it and unsure how much potential it would have for me to keep being fun or for me to introduce more strategy to improve in it. The mechanics are good but not great, which can be frustrated when trying to make a jump or hit an enemy in a certain way. It's a solid beat 'em up with value even after a playthrough, especially for the Double Dragon fan, but I can only rate it above average at best. Expand

1. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    Double Dragon Neon can be very frustrating, because it's unforgiving, fighting mechanics are a bit clumsy and the main character is sluggish. That's how you played games back in the day. Fortunately you don't have to anymore. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.79]
  2. Play UK
    Nov 27, 2012
    This is just a pretty bad game. [Issue#224, p.81]
  3. Oct 26, 2012
    If you're an old beat'em up lover, you can't miss Double Dragon Neon.