5.4

1. Feb 18, 2014
    As a huge Dragon Ball Z fan, I can admit I may be biased in my views of this game.But I thought this game was awesome. Probably the best Dragon Ball Z fighter since Budokai 3. The use of multiple fighters on screen made it feel a lot more like the tv show. And the Character selection is incredible as well. Admittedly, it's missing something to make this game truly amazing, but I'm havingAs a huge Dragon Ball Z fan, I can admit I may be biased in my views of this game.But I thought this game was awesome. Probably the best Dragon Ball Z fighter since Budokai 3. The use of multiple fighters on screen made it feel a lot more like the tv show. And the Character selection is incredible as well. Admittedly, it's missing something to make this game truly amazing, but I'm having so much fun with it, I wouldn't be able to tell you what that thing is. Expand
  2. Sep 16, 2014
    Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is a very good game. Its new style of play, which now revolves around operating a man team. The new card system creates a feel of progression as you progress from low tear cards to the higher tier cards. The online battles work very well and lag very little, albeit it can be a challenge to organize a proper team by yourself. My only criticism is the huge lack ofDragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is a very good game. Its new style of play, which now revolves around operating a man team. The new card system creates a feel of progression as you progress from low tear cards to the higher tier cards. The online battles work very well and lag very little, albeit it can be a challenge to organize a proper team by yourself. My only criticism is the huge lack of replay value; once you clear the final mission with a satisfying rank you are bound to immediately loose interest (unless you are very active online). DBZ: BoZ is a must buy for fans of the series and even worth your time if you aren't an avid fan. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2014
    Massive Budokai 3 fan, but refreshing to play something that isn't just trying to be an upgrade from that. Its in a league of its on for DBZ games and the 4 vs 4 or 4 vs Giant options are fun which is all I wanted from this game!
    Graphics are not the greatest but that doesn't matter. Love the World Energy Spirit bomb idea and the Goku collectors edition is beautiful.
    For a game that I
    For a game that I was expecting extremely little from, It has surprised me and is more enjoyable than first though. Before bashing it and not bothering give it a chance and don't try to compare to what we have grown accustom to over the years. Online mode is an exciting step forward and just from being able to run around and fly freely during battles makes me more excited for what they could do if they went MMO!
    Looking forward to something for my PS4 DBZ lets go chop chop :D
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    Great game. I think people are just saying it sucks because everyone else is. I thought it was well put together. One of the best DBZ games ever made. The demo doesn't do it justice like the actual game. Some missions are really hard and that is what sets it apart unlike other DBZ games where you can win by changing a setting. In this game if your not good enough you just don't advanceGreat game. I think people are just saying it sucks because everyone else is. I thought it was well put together. One of the best DBZ games ever made. The demo doesn't do it justice like the actual game. Some missions are really hard and that is what sets it apart unlike other DBZ games where you can win by changing a setting. In this game if your not good enough you just don't advance until you get better. Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2014
    One of the best DBZ games to date, slightly better than Budokai 3
    Pros:
    - Tons of content - Four vs Four or Four vs Giant options are both fun - Class based action RPG elements have actual depth - 4 Player Online Co-Op - Weaker fighters are no longer useless - Able to customize any character's color scheme - The four vs four and four vs giant system actually works Cons: - No
    One of the best DBZ games to date, slightly better than Budokai 3
    Pros:
    - Tons of content
    - Four vs Four or Four vs Giant options are both fun
    - Class based action RPG elements have actual depth
    - 4 Player Online Co-Op
    - Weaker fighters are no longer useless
    - Able to customize any character's color scheme
    - The four vs four and four vs giant system actually works
    Cons:
    - No split-screen or offline Multiplayer
    - They left out the other Bajillion obscure DBZ characters
    .-One button attacks?
    - DLC fighters are not worth it
    - Annoying invisible walls.
    - Some of the Animations are not good

Recommendation-
    Every gamer, even if you're not a DBZ fan.
  6. Jan 31, 2014
    I really love this game! I thought that this is one of the greatest DBZ games that i have ever played. The online mode is insane! And playing as Super Saiyan God Goku is awesome!
  7. Jan 30, 2014
    love the game for the first time 8 characters can be on the same screen and it feel more like the actual show . the boss battle in the game are amazing and they really capture the feel of the anime series. Also they brought cool customization options like being able to change you characters color, and even tho this is a small thing it feels pretty awesome. I also like to add thatlove the game for the first time 8 characters can be on the same screen and it feel more like the actual show . the boss battle in the game are amazing and they really capture the feel of the anime series. Also they brought cool customization options like being able to change you characters color, and even tho this is a small thing it feels pretty awesome. I also like to add that co-op works fantastic. If you a fan of the dragon ball series give this game a try. Expand
  8. Jan 30, 2014
    Well after years of playing dbz games I can say this is a refreashing change! Yes it will probably be for hard core dbz fans..and those that have been complaining bout no in game transformations will still be complaining and turned off here. Look simple fact is there hasn't been in game transformations since budaki days...I miss them too but really its time we move past that.

Gameplay

Gameplay is very limited and there is really only one combo..tho those who are creative can link up the movee available into nice long combos!

The graphics imo are the best in the series of dbz games n really captures the feel of the anime..and the four on four fights make it really feel like dbz with multi z fighters tackling big baddies. The difficulty in the game is quite high! Im at mission 18 n getting my ads handed to me..n with 60 missions its only gonna be tougher!!

This is the most fun ive had playing dbz in along time! Feels like a mmo with tough fights n big bosses with strategy needed to get past bosses.

Haven't tried online yet as ive gotten into afew games in progress n got tired of waiting lol. But it will be awesome when I can tackle the sure to be insane lvls later on!!.

Bottomline those that want ingame transformations and combos n stuff will be turned away..but those willing to try something new and challenging tho limited. .and have some intense dbz battles then I say give it a try you wont regret it!!

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Some good ideas are not enough to revive Dragon Ball Z. The combat system is far too simplistic and the mechanics show a lot of problems that make this game mediocre.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    A follow-up to the Dragon Ball beat them up world that will engage only those fanatical fans of the series. Otherwise, it's a dreary and straight-lined hack and slash action game that will never be more than that, even with its option to play as villains, which is attractive only at first sight.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    What ultimately sinks Battle of Z isn't the little fan nitpicks, it's just ill-conceived design as a whole. It's certainly not the worst DBZ game ever released, but if there's ever been a statement that's damning with faint praise, that would be it.