7.3

1. Nov 7, 2012
    If you haven't played the first then you will feel this a nice game. For fans this is a terrible ordeal; no Budokai 2, no original soundtrack, no online.

All you will find is an old game with HD graphics.

Overall VERY FEW changes.

A 40$ price slapped on for the same game on a new platform.

Kids, save your money.
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    This collection is alright, it's for the fans who want to take a trip down memory lane. The only thing I don't like about the collection is the fact that it doesn't have online for Budokai 3. As for the omission of Budokai 2, as much as I loved it back then, I didn't mind it not being in the collection.
  3. Jan 15, 2013
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 is one of the best games of DBZ games, and now i can play it in High-Definition , and the pack not only includes Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, also includes DBZ Budokai 1!!
  4. Aug 22, 2013
    Surprise That There No DBZ Budokai 2 HD Ver, But Still A Good HD Remake 10/10

The Original Game And Budokai 3 Are Best Games Out There Seance There Original Release
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    Wow talk about nostalgia! If you never played dragonball z budokai 1 or 3 then you might want to skip budokai 1 & go straight for budokai 3! I played the first budokai when it first released & I gotta say....it still sucks lol because its just as stiff as I remember so I didn't play it much & went for budokai 3 which I never played! If your like me & have dragonball z burstlimit(yea I still have & play burstlimit) but never played budokai 3 then I suggest you pick up this collection ONLY for this game! What it does besides burstlimit(strange since it burstlimit came out years later after budokai 3) is give you more characters which is why I enjoy it so much..dragon universe is a nice touch on story mode as each characters have specific story points to play out also it has a tournament mode with three difficulties but the best thing about budokai 3 is that each character has lots of moves to assign! Controls are smooth though not as smooth as burstlimit & the HD look went over pretty good! The bad part about budokai 3 is that even though its an HD remake burstlimit still beats it...& there's no online option...YET! I'm sure they will release an update that supports online play but some people like yourboss gave it a zero because its not online yet & plays exactly the same with no new features?! Maybe rate it a 6 or a 7 for no online... play but hes just trolling a great classic as for the no new features...who cares...silent hill only had new voices & HD graphics...metal gear HD only had HD graphics & both games cant be played online but peacewalker can but who cares so as a fan of dragball z games excluding dragonball z raging blast 2(1st raging blast was good) & that abortion/ rock paper scissors/leave all skills in your basement dragonball ultimate tenkaichi garbage this game is a safe pick up for anyone who missed budokai 3 & to a lesser extent budokai 1....oh & its good they excluded budokai 2...it sucked but besides that do you really need budokai 2 when budokai 3 surpasses it in all categories? That's right....we don't need it...8/10 Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    Bueno, destacar que el Budokai uno es el peor Dragon Ball que he jugado, no merece mucho la pena, es muy antiguo, no tiene apenas luchadores y los poderes son muy limitados... El Budokai 3 es identico que el de ps2, pero las musicas las cambiaron, grave error...en eso la han jodido hasta el fondo, pero bueno, por lo demas, esta exactamente lo mismo que el de ps2, engancha mucho, recomendado solo para fans de los Budokai. El Budokai 2 es mejor que los Burst Limit y los Ragin Blast, de hecho este Dragon Ball Budokai 3 es el mejor que puedes jugar en PS3 Mientras esperamos la llegada te Tenkaichi collection HD o algun juego nuevo de Dragón Ball...que merezca la pena jugar... Expand
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    8/10, for having two of the best Dragon Ball games ever made up scaled to HD. A couple things holding this back from a 10, mainly being lack of online play (admittedly, there was no online play in the originals, but given how much bigger online play has gotten in recent years, I doubt it would have been that hard to add it), and the new music not being as good as in the originals. However, it's still fun, especially Budokai 3. A must own for any Dragon Ball fans. Expand

1. Jan 4, 2013
    The first half of Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is near pointless, but fans of the franchise will be delighted with Budokai 3. It's still the most balanced and detailed Dragon Ball fighting game available, and is a testament to how good licensed games can be when given the opportunity to evolve. It's just a shame that we never got a fourth instalment.
  2. Dec 20, 2012
    Like all of the HD remakes that have come out in the past few years, Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is meant to capitalize on the nostalgia from older players who want their favorites on a current system, with the appropriate care taken during the transition. In a way, it works.
  3. The bargain basement price should entice fans into reliving their glory days but offers very little else. [Christmas 2012, p.80]