Dragon's Dogma PlayStation 3

8.3

1. Jun 10, 2012
    The story-line is very poor but what truly shines from this average game is the nice executed combat and interesting setting/world. If you can set yourself with this two stuff , then it'll probably make worth your time .
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    I reviewed this game along time ago and gave it an 8. I am lowering the score to a 7 because the game has been collecting dust and has no replayability. I gave Dark Souls a 10/10 when it first came out, and I still stand by it. Dragon's Dogma is nowhere near the caliber of Demon/Dark Souls. Also the game in reality if you look, it's really short, just when you do a quest they send you allI reviewed this game along time ago and gave it an 8. I am lowering the score to a 7 because the game has been collecting dust and has no replayability. I gave Dark Souls a 10/10 when it first came out, and I still stand by it. Dragon's Dogma is nowhere near the caliber of Demon/Dark Souls. Also the game in reality if you look, it's really short, just when you do a quest they send you all the way to other other side of the map and back, and that's ok sometimes, but EVERY quest is like that in this game.It's just annoying. However on the plus side, I like the pawn system, everyone that knows me knows that I like my games solo, but in this game it just worked. Although I really hate Capcom for being a greedy company I think that atleast they can go somewhere with this franchise. It was the last decent game that Capcom has made. To the people saying that this game is challenging....I fail to see that.. But perhaps that is because I played the Souls series. Anyone who says that this game is harder than Dark Souls, is definatly full of crap. Demon Souls and Dark Souls are the hardest games this generation and Dragons Dogma is a cake walk in comparision. Then again when I played Dark Souls I never had online people fight my bosses for me, because im not a sissy. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    I enjoyed this game a lot more since they have made some updates to allow for easy mode. Thank goodness as I am terrible at most action games in the first play through and I struggled with his game in my first try. I have played it again since the updates and have enjoyed it a lot more. Its worth a 7 I think. The pawns are a novel idea and the romance is crazy stupid but fun, certainly notI enjoyed this game a lot more since they have made some updates to allow for easy mode. Thank goodness as I am terrible at most action games in the first play through and I struggled with his game in my first try. I have played it again since the updates and have enjoyed it a lot more. Its worth a 7 I think. The pawns are a novel idea and the romance is crazy stupid but fun, certainly not that deep and meaningful but at least adds some interest. It was funny for me as a woman to find quite a lot of the female npcs falling for my female character and even a cut scene of rumpy pumpy!! Even though my character had bonded with a different npc...lol..cringe...blush.#
    The character creator is really good and I do like being able to change hair and make-up throughout the game, that's another reason I will be back to play this game again!
    The running from a to b and back to a again is quite tiresome however as is the 'beyond weird' end but I do think this game is worth a crack!
  4. May 24, 2012
    With the exception of the Pawn System, which is easily the most unique aspect of Dragon's Dogma, there isn't anything in this game that the average RPG fan hasn't seen and done several times before. With that in mind, one can imagine this title would be most fun for an audience that hasn't played a lot of video games before, and who'd be satisfied by completing menial tasks and repeatedlyWith the exception of the Pawn System, which is easily the most unique aspect of Dragon's Dogma, there isn't anything in this game that the average RPG fan hasn't seen and done several times before. With that in mind, one can imagine this title would be most fun for an audience that hasn't played a lot of video games before, and who'd be satisfied by completing menial tasks and repeatedly grinding over low-level goblins, spiders and thieves. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you have played Final Fantasy, Demon's Souls or especially the far better (yet oddly quite similar) Kingdoms of Amalur, you're not going to be blown away by Dragon's Dogma. Both titles are easy to pick up and play, but Amalur's weapons, storyline and combat offer a lot more reward for their mastery. Dragon's Dogma was a day-one purchase for this Capcom enthusiast, but with so many other great titles out there no rush is warranted to pick this one up. Expand
  5. Aug 28, 2012
    La review completa en http://gameshock.vg/plataformas/xbox360/dragons-dogma-review/

Dragon
  6. May 2, 2014
    I was diggin' it for a while until I couldn't figure out how to get my main pawn, who was made specifically for the sole purpose of healing my party, to heal my party. After looking it up on the internet and seeing I have to find a healing shrine or some sh*t, I decided to quit. This should be a simple, standard RPG staple, but somehow they made it difficult. It's a shame, too. I wasI was diggin' it for a while until I couldn't figure out how to get my main pawn, who was made specifically for the sole purpose of healing my party, to heal my party. After looking it up on the internet and seeing I have to find a healing shrine or some sh*t, I decided to quit. This should be a simple, standard RPG staple, but somehow they made it difficult. It's a shame, too. I was liking the combat a lot. Maybe I am an idiot or I am giving up too soon, but never has a simple issue like this halt a game for me. Nonetheless, I will give it a 7. Expand
  7. May 28, 2013
    Lets get one thing outta the way, I love both Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma in their own right and for entirely different reasons. Skyrim's immersive universe was enough to get lost in for hours without following the games main plot, the attention to detail nigh on perfect. My only beef with Skyrim was a poor combat systemand of course those wretched bugs. Dragon's Dogma on the other is set inLets get one thing outta the way, I love both Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma in their own right and for entirely different reasons. Skyrim's immersive universe was enough to get lost in for hours without following the games main plot, the attention to detail nigh on perfect. My only beef with Skyrim was a poor combat systemand of course those wretched bugs. Dragon's Dogma on the other is set in a smallish and unremarkable land, with dull as ditchwater sidequests and characters without character, and no particular crafting save an equipment upgrade system, enemies that load in predetermined locations... I shouldve hated DD for its blandness as an rpg but its redeeming feature is its totally awesome combat and magic, and possibly best of all... pawns. Character models are great, the monsters look and feel visceral and epic and the magic system is awesome, nothing feels better than summoning showers of meteors down onto numerous opponents or cracking a whip made of electricity. I could go on but I wont, Dragon's Dogma is fun and something I hope capcom expand upon because it could be so much better with abit more attention to detail. Play it, enjoy it, but beware of certain choices in game that lead to some very unusual yet hilarious consequences... Expand
  8. Apr 7, 2015
    After 10 Hours of playing I stopped and put it away. The reason I stopped playing was a gamebreaking bug that stopped me from finishing a main quest. There is only one safegame, so I had to restart all over to finish it. This annoyed me beyond believe! Up to this point this game was great!
  9. Sep 5, 2015
    Grand action that feels perilous, adventurous, unpredictable, intense, and fun. The randomness of such a wild open world can be frustrating, as the player is left to make the the right decisions and travel wisely. Some parts of the game can feel underdeveloped or 'stretched thin'. It's not the most polished or compact game, but halfway through the adventure, I feel confident in sayingGrand action that feels perilous, adventurous, unpredictable, intense, and fun. The randomness of such a wild open world can be frustrating, as the player is left to make the the right decisions and travel wisely. Some parts of the game can feel underdeveloped or 'stretched thin'. It's not the most polished or compact game, but halfway through the adventure, I feel confident in saying there are few adventures as action-packed and epic in gaming. Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2012
    Dragon's Dogma have got great (and then I mean great) combat, with a hardcore theme. But that is also the best thing of this game; the story, characters and voice acting is horrible. Lip-syncing is non-existing. The graphics are okay. Though I honestly can't give it a higher rating than 6, I think the combat alone makes the game worthy of you buying it.
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is very good in writing.The "Fight giant monsters by climbing on them and attacking their weak points" concept sounds really good and the monster fights are really good, but..... The other key systems suffer, weapons and armor have now stats and are based more on a "Oh look! New equipment! Better upgrade!" mentality. The Class and Skill System are pretty inventive, givingThis game is very good in writing.The "Fight giant monsters by climbing on them and attacking their weak points" concept sounds really good and the monster fights are really good, but..... The other key systems suffer, weapons and armor have now stats and are based more on a "Oh look! New equipment! Better upgrade!" mentality. The Class and Skill System are pretty inventive, giving diversity to combat. Getting around is tedious and lengthy. Overall it is a decent game for fans of the fantasy genre. Expand
  12. Oct 10, 2012
    I really wanted to play this game and love it, the battles at the beginning are ok , and the story is mediocre , after some hours i could not continue. It seems a bad clone of dragon age. This game could have been so much, but it really bored me. If you like dragon age 1, skyrim, kindoms of amalur don't even rent this game.
  13. Jun 5, 2014
    I have a great anecdote for my opinion of this game.

I have a great anecdote for my opinion of this game.

I was wandering around on my way to a mission fairly early on in the game. I suddenly encountered an enormous troll (which is a higher level boss enemy) wandering around the world. I fought for a brutal half an hour, and finally killed it. As I was collecting my loot, a second troll came up and murdered me. No auto-save means I lost all the experience and loot. A Troll in the way of my quest meant I had to do the same thing again if I wanted to progress.

What bothers me is that the game is full of potential. The world is huge, sprawling, vast. The lack of a fast travel system makes it feel even bigger. The climbing combat is unique, and the pawn system is just fabulous. You can make your character look just about any way that you want (my characters all looked like **** mutants). Even the initially confusing class system turns out pretty good. The problem lies with all the "realism." The world doesn't level to you. The strongest monsters out there just casually roam around every place on the map. Even the supposedly "safe" paths can glitch up and be filled with chimera. While it may seem like a good idea, the execution kills the pace of the game, leaving something to be desired. It is, by no means, a bad game. The implementation of ideas that looked good on paper just turned out to be a little lackluster.

If you found yourself complaining in Skyrim because a certain fall would kill a real man, or you couldn't heal from dragon bites as fast as you did, this game is for you. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
  14. May 29, 2012
    I can't really write a review for this game. I've just been reading constant terrible reviews from reviews that apparently don't know what to play games. Instead I'll give you a list of points.

- Pawns: They talk a lot, they can give you hints depending on how much knowledge they have of a quest, area or monster. Other people can hire your pawn and vice versa which will help add to their knowledge base. If you are really that annoyed by your pawns constantly talking, then there is no reason why you can't turn it off.
    Pawns have a lot of different behaviours and it's important you understand these behaviours so that you can have synergy in your party. You can buy potions in the encampment which tell you what each of the behaviours are.

-Vocations. There are 9 separate vocations. Strider (Daggers and shortbow), Ranger (Longbows), Magick Archer (Magick Bows), Fighter (Sword & Shield), Warrior (2 handed Great Weapons), Assassin (daggers, swords, shields, bows), Mage (support magic and elemental magic), Sorcerer (Great and powerful magic). While the game starts of with forcing you to play Fighter, Strider or Mage, you will be able to switch very fast to any vocation you want to play by fighting your way to Gran Soren and buying the new vocation with discipline (which is given for XP gained). There are lots of different ways to play the same vocation because of the way the skill system works and it's important to make sure you have skills that will let you do what you want to do.

Story - Yes the story is pretty bad. It's a semi-interesting story, however the way it's told is quite poor and it will be hard to understand what is going on. Really you aren't here for the story though.

Monsters - This game probably has the best roster of monsters and ways to fight them that I've ever seen in a game. Each monster has many strengths and weaknesses and a whole plethora of ways of acting. For instance when fighting a cyclops, he may or may not have have armour on, which you can coerce him into pulling off by climbing him, attack different areas of his body will yield different effects. If someone is climbing on his head to strike him in the eye, then someone else can climb on his leg to stop him moving, and even attack in an attempt to trip him up. Lightning can stun them (especially when wearing armour) while fire will set them ablaze and possible make them frenzied. I could keep going on about all the different things that can be done in a fight again just one creature and there are many more.

World & Exploration - The world is quite large. I would also say that it's laid out in a peculiar way, it's not just an open plain which can be traversed in a more or less straight line and travelling from one side of the map to the other will take a great deal of time and preperation to make sure you don't get lost. The map is only revealed as your explore so finding your way around can be troublesome to begin with.
    There is quick travel, however it is very limited. This was done in attempt to make the world feel larger, as games where you get flying mounts or easy access to quick travel often trivialise the entire point of having a large open world full of dangerous creatures. That said there are ways of quick travel, however they are either quite rare, or of a finite amount. There isn't much to say, this is really a game that is focused on fighting glorious creatures. Pretty much all of them are taken from Roman or Greek mythology and are incredibly fun to fight.

The only real downside to this game is that it doesn't have any Co-Operative multiplayer component, even though it would be absolutely brilliant for that. There is something called the Ur-Dragon, which is a huge dragon which multiple people fight at the same time, and all the damage from everyone fighting it is added together, but that's not real multiplayer.

1. Aug 13, 2012
    This adventurer relished Dragon's Dogma's old-school sensibilities, which make it familiar territory that is expected on a PC instead of something from Capcom on the PS3. As players romp across a wide-open world filled with danger, titanic ruins and wonders, they'll realize that it's a rough, rewarding world, though its hardened edges may not be to everyone's cup of tea.
    Neither Monster Hunter nor Dark Souls--but a great combination of the two.
  3. Jul 9, 2012
    The graphics aren't state-of-the-art and the story isn't that well-told. That said, spectacular combat and a wonderful environment to wander around in save Dragon's Dogma from the purgatory of mediocrity.