Dungeon Defenders PlayStation 3

6.7

1. Dec 24, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of Trendy Entertainment's criminally underrated Tower Defence/RPG mash-up, Dungeon Defenders. It is pretty good on iOS devices, but it truly shines on PS3 (and 360). Gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, absurdly addictive levelling, and some properly entertaining co-op hack'n slashing all add up to one of my favourite new IP's of the year. But with it not *really*I'm a huge fan of Trendy Entertainment's criminally underrated Tower Defence/RPG mash-up, Dungeon Defenders. It is pretty good on iOS devices, but it truly shines on PS3 (and 360). Gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, absurdly addictive levelling, and some properly entertaining co-op hack'n slashing all add up to one of my favourite new IP's of the year. But with it not *really* clicking with the iPad's buttonless interface, I was almost foaming at the mouth at the prospect of finally being able to play Dungeon Defenders on the go with the planned Playstation Vita port. However, that has now been canned, and I'm absolutely gutted. Seriously, I'm devastated. That's how much this fabulous little game has me hooked. It isn't perfect, far from it in fact, but I for one utterly adore it. If Trendy are listening, and if it is viable in any possible way, please, PLEASE bring this wonderful game to Vita. In fact, with it's dual screens, it'd work equally well - if not better - on Nintendo's 3DS. Either way, I need the definitive version of Dungeon Defenders in handheld form. Please, someone, anyone, make it so! Expand
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    Great little game, very addictive. I just wish they'd support consoles better. My PC works perfectly fine for gaming, but I *like* playing this on my PS3. I just hate that I can't get most of the DLC for it, that PC users get.
  3. Oct 24, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders may spell the continued revival of a long stagnant Tower Defense genre. Like the beloved Plants vs Zombies, Dungeon Defenders gives us a unique take on Tower Defense. You pick your unique class, level up your characters, upgrade weapons and armor, and distribute points to specialize your character. You can either rely on your characters ability to fight, or yourDungeon Defenders may spell the continued revival of a long stagnant Tower Defense genre. Like the beloved Plants vs Zombies, Dungeon Defenders gives us a unique take on Tower Defense. You pick your unique class, level up your characters, upgrade weapons and armor, and distribute points to specialize your character. You can either rely on your characters ability to fight, or your characters ability to build and maintain "towers", or you can go somewhere in between. The story is light and humorous, but falls into place well. Having beaten the game already, I walk away remembering several intense moments, heartache, and triumph. While the game is slightly lacking in content, it is important to remember this is a $15 download release. Furthermore, there have been balancing patches and also plans to add a full campaign expansion to the game sometime in November. This game is a must have for any avid Tower Defense player looking for another pleasant surprise in the genre. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2011
    this is a great game that combines the best aspects of an action rpg, tower defense and multiplayer co-op. the character customization is very similar to wow, and it's very satisfying to level up bc you get to spend multiple points on your character's stats, not just 1.

i love multiplayer co op games so this fits the bill to exactly what i wanted: a game that me and my friends to get attached to by playing it together. some of the levels can be very challenging, and to get the best equipment, you have to play on insane mode, which you can not get far without the help of your friends.

this game's main dynamic is 2 parts action rpg, 1 part tower defense and 1 part multiplayer coop. overall, i definitely recommend this game.
  5. Jan 2, 2012
    Downloaded the free demo first and after playing for a little I knew this would be my game. The price only 10euro's on PSN was a great sale. Now having great fun with it and can't stop playing. Gameplay is where this game rocks. Online with other players is great fun and a good challenge to play. Played more hours with this game than my other games combined. Graphics are good, sounds isDownloaded the free demo first and after playing for a little I knew this would be my game. The price only 10euro's on PSN was a great sale. Now having great fun with it and can't stop playing. Gameplay is where this game rocks. Online with other players is great fun and a good challenge to play. Played more hours with this game than my other games combined. Graphics are good, sounds is good, gameplay is great. Try the demo first to see if this is your game too. Expand
  6. Feb 4, 2012
    DD is probably one of the better PSN downloads I've bought in a while, I found it was more enjoyable playing with friends and the diablo-esque class building makes it pretty fun. It can be a tough game, especially modes like survival as it becomes a grind, it took me a few hours to get to some of the higher waves. The graphics aren't bad for cell shade, cartoony obviously. The story wasn'tDD is probably one of the better PSN downloads I've bought in a while, I found it was more enjoyable playing with friends and the diablo-esque class building makes it pretty fun. It can be a tough game, especially modes like survival as it becomes a grind, it took me a few hours to get to some of the higher waves. The graphics aren't bad for cell shade, cartoony obviously. The story wasn't very serious but it wasn't bad, kind of felt like it was made for kids. There is replay value so once you complete the campaign you can play on a harder difficulty and there are different modes like towers only and survival mode, so its definitely a game you can get your moneys worth of. It's a good buy and a very enjoyable game. Expand
  7. Nov 27, 2013
    Simply put: A must-have gem stowed away deep inside the PSN-store.
    Simply put: A must-have gem stowed away deep inside the PSN-store.
    This game is incredible, especially as a couch co-op. I'm a few hours in and so far the game very enjoyable. It offers Orcs must Die! style gameplay for the PS3. The gameplay is fluent, there is a decent degree of customization and it is without a doubt very challenging. The learning curve and the awkward interface are the only true drawbacks to this game. It took me and a friend about half an hour to master the UI properly.

This game is best played with friends or as a co-op game. The online community is rather dead now, but if you can get a friend to play with you it's great fun. Most notable is probably the ability to change classes inbetween waves. This allows for advanced strategies because you can use the towers of all four classes. It is easily one of the best features.

All in all this game is good fun, especially with friends.
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm sure most will enjoy this game and a few will despise it. Graphically it is cell-shaded and cartoony which is fine for this type of game but the lack of customization of your character beyond what color he is kind of sucks. Overall it's rather easy to complete on medium / hard and almost impossible to beat on insane (solo) which forces you to join up for online matches to complete itI'm sure most will enjoy this game and a few will despise it. Graphically it is cell-shaded and cartoony which is fine for this type of game but the lack of customization of your character beyond what color he is kind of sucks. Overall it's rather easy to complete on medium / hard and almost impossible to beat on insane (solo) which forces you to join up for online matches to complete it 100%. Problem is you're not guaranteed to be playing with equally skilled people online, and each one that is in the game ups the difficulty. Hence if 4 people are in a game and 1 of them is awful (and you're playing on insane) you can struggle to win because the 1 crappy guy can't hold his own weight. It needs some sort of system to determine how good a player is before randomly matching them. Endless survival is probably the most fun mode to play solo or online. My only huge gripe is that it is wayyyyyyyy to easy to power-level another character to lvl70 in a few hours. Leveling in general is very easy and you'll cap out after a day or two of playing your first guy. Free DLC that the developer promised has only been released on PC. It's also a game where if you play with 4 random people you really need voicechat to communicate what the plan is, and very few people actually use voice. For $15 this game is a steal. Especially if you have a friend or two to share it with and then play private co-op online matches. Also, local co-op split screen can lose frames sometimes when there are hundreds of enemy units on the map at once. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2013
    An obvious buy for fans of RPG and TD games. I was afraid of buying this game because I wasn't sure if the combination would work, but it is a fantastic game with easy controls and few technical problems.... I actually can't even think of a single technical problem I have run into. (i've played over 100 hours of this game). Like I wrote above, if you like RPG and TD games, buy this.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 28, 2012
    Gallivanting through online co-op is an absolute hoot of the simplest and most addictive order. [March 2012, p.103]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Feb 2, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders consists of two phases. First you strategically arrange your defenses, then you use the abilities of your characters to repel every goblin coming your way. Playing Dungeon Defenders in co-op is a must, since you can combine the powers of certain characters. [February 2012, p.101]
  3. Jan 23, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders is actually a pretty good game. The game has easy controls, fun characters and the online multiplayer is a blast. The twist on Tower Defense is actually quite interesting and keeps the game fresh for a rather long time.