Dungeon Siege III PlayStation 3

6.3

1. Nov 2, 2011
    I'm a huge RPG fan, so I decided to give Dungeon Siege 3 a try, even when I never played any of the previous games. Let's say it has been a mixed experience. You have 4main characters, all with their own unique skills and upgrades. The game can be played alone or with a friend with local or online co-op (online has 4 player limit while offline has 2). The co-op is not that interesting,I'm a huge RPG fan, so I decided to give Dungeon Siege 3 a try, even when I never played any of the previous games. Let's say it has been a mixed experience. You have 4main characters, all with their own unique skills and upgrades. The game can be played alone or with a friend with local or online co-op (online has 4 player limit while offline has 2). The co-op is not that interesting, mainly because the camera has a mind of it's own while you can't zoom in or out anymore, ...when playing alone though, you are able to zoom in very closely. I personally prefer to see my character and enjoy the armor he/she is wearing. That brings me to the next point... the armor isn't interesting since many look-a-like. Weapons are ok, but have the same basic attacks. Another negative point is the dialogue, most of the voice acting is fair or even bad, especially one of the main characters, Katarina, one of the worst in my game history. Also when having a conversation with characters, your back is always turned towards the camera, and there is almost no movement of any of the characters, they just stand there... talking. So the conversation isn't that compelling as (for example) Dragon Age. .... Don't get me wrong though, not EVERYTHING is bad about this game. It still has a fun combat system, though a bit repetitive after awhile, and the RPG elements qua choice are all there. You realy feel your choices have an impact on the story progression. In the end, the game feels ok but could've been much better, especially if they'd improved the co-op experience. If you can get this game cheap, then give it a try... because it's not realy worth the full price tag. Expand
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Better than FFXIII. Cums across as a bit designed-by-committee, but there's still enough there 2 entertain an RPGer til Skyrim.
    There seem 2 b a lot of PCers complaining that it's dumped down 4 consoles & looks like it should have ful out 5 years ago - get ova yourselves! The visual style is reminiscent of Baldurs Gate & suits the mood of the world - not every game has 2 test the power of the new graphics card mummy & daddy bought u.
    Sure this is flawed, but still good fun - something many high profile titles 4get about.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    This will be my first review in a different way, I will now review by if you should buy it no matter what (10), give it a look if you're interested (7), Rent ( 5) or don't even buy it (0). Now dungeon siege is in between a seven and a five because it has problems but it is still an okay game. Dungeon siege is a unique offline multiplayer game which i enjoyed, but everything else was bland.This will be my first review in a different way, I will now review by if you should buy it no matter what (10), give it a look if you're interested (7), Rent ( 5) or don't even buy it (0). Now dungeon siege is in between a seven and a five because it has problems but it is still an okay game. Dungeon siege is a unique offline multiplayer game which i enjoyed, but everything else was bland. It's not bad or terrible, it is just that there are older games that are better and cheaper. So you should rent this for maybe a week because it's not worth sixty bucks. Dungeon siege is definitely a five because you can get this if you want, but I advise you to rent it. A little background to why is that the story is uninteresting, the characters don't built, and multiplayer online has some problems. Expand
  4. Jun 28, 2011
    This game doesn't hold the same feel of the original D.Siege series. It has a semi-linear skill leveling mechanism where all playable characters will have, eg. Attacking skill, some buff/de-buff skill and healing skill. However this games have its own share of pros, this game presents its story telling quite interestingly. Graphic "whores" might enjoy this game as well as the graphics areThis game doesn't hold the same feel of the original D.Siege series. It has a semi-linear skill leveling mechanism where all playable characters will have, eg. Attacking skill, some buff/de-buff skill and healing skill. However this games have its own share of pros, this game presents its story telling quite interestingly. Graphic "whores" might enjoy this game as well as the graphics are sharp and colorful, however its character model's could have been better. Overall, this game's gameplay, storytelling and mass amount of loot had done enough to entice some veteran RPG players like myself. 6/10 for me Expand
  5. Mar 1, 2012
    In a way I feel kinda bad for giving this game only a 6 rating. Much of what is there is actually quite good but I have no patience at all for sloppy software and this game gets severe reductions for two issues. The first issue is a brutal camera that has a mind of its own and waivers around at its own will. Nothing about the camera deserves praise at all. Secondly and maybe only IIn a way I feel kinda bad for giving this game only a 6 rating. Much of what is there is actually quite good but I have no patience at all for sloppy software and this game gets severe reductions for two issues. The first issue is a brutal camera that has a mind of its own and waivers around at its own will. Nothing about the camera deserves praise at all. Secondly and maybe only I experienced this is the installation of this game was the source of my PS3 stalling and not being able to hook up consistently to the Playstation Network or even internet. My system test indicated internet connectivity but not PSNetwork connectivity. When deleted everything restored and ran as usual. So thumbs down to Obsidian. Such a sloppy company. Ok, there is good i liked about the game- the skill trees and player choice in how to build their characters and customization was generally exciting and varied. Fantasy wise the enemies and creatures encountered made for some great gameplay. If one had more patience than I had I might actually speak well of this title. For me, I will reaquire the game when it is $15 or so and maybe try my luck again hopefully there is some patching or updates which fixed the issues I mentioned. If they solve those this game is worth a look then. Expand
  6. Sep 5, 2011
    Fun and interesting game, I don't feel like the graphics are good but they aren't terrible they're just outdated. when I think of something having good graphics I think of something like crysis 2 those are good graphics. anyways. Gameplay is like diablo or baldurs gate. ability system is ok. feels classic. controls are ok it's a typical hack and slash rpg so it's kind of hard to mess upFun and interesting game, I don't feel like the graphics are good but they aren't terrible they're just outdated. when I think of something having good graphics I think of something like crysis 2 those are good graphics. anyways. Gameplay is like diablo or baldurs gate. ability system is ok. feels classic. controls are ok it's a typical hack and slash rpg so it's kind of hard to mess up controls in a game like this. there could be a different way of using abilities but half of them suck anyways so it's not a huge deal. story isn't bad but it's not going to change my life in any way shape or form. dungeon siege 3 isn't the best game ever but it's still fun to play. it feels like a lot of the old school hack and slashers that seem like a rare commodity these days. it's at least worth renting. Expand
  7. Oct 5, 2011
    I loved it for the first 3 hours or so. Nice graphics, nice cutscenes, a lot of dungeon crawling and loot to procure. But then it just got a little... "meh". I just could not stand it on the last hours and just wanted to get through with it. I actually don't know what it's missing, though... maybe more personality, I don't know. I hear they plan on releasing a DLC to expand the level cap.I loved it for the first 3 hours or so. Nice graphics, nice cutscenes, a lot of dungeon crawling and loot to procure. But then it just got a little... "meh". I just could not stand it on the last hours and just wanted to get through with it. I actually don't know what it's missing, though... maybe more personality, I don't know. I hear they plan on releasing a DLC to expand the level cap. But... is anyone playing still this? Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    Ok lets start here. If your expecting a Dungeon Siege game with this 3rd installment. Your not gonna get it with this title. What made DS 1&2 does not make it into 3.

However so far of what I have played on it it seems to be a fairly solid RPG with really good graphics. Now back to what's not in the game if you were expecting DS3 to at least be somewhat like DS 1&2 1) Death - Don't die

1) Death - Don't die it's game over and back to last save point.

2) Save Points - They are in set area's you can not save and exit the game where ever you want.

3) Skills - You no longer can just use w/e weapon you want and build your character from their. The Hero you pick as your starting character will determine what abilities and gear you will be using.

4) Large groups - Nope not here. Party size is limited to 2 characters.

5) DS2 was fairly linear in terms of where you went especially compared to DS1. However that's nothing compared to how straight DS3 is. One of my most beloved aspects of DS1 was the world, and picking different ways to travel to various locations.

6) Controls are way different in this versus the others

All in all it's not a bad game or rpg however I do dislike them using the Dungeon Siege name to sell their title. As pretty much everything that made Dungeon Siege what it is. Is not in DS3
  9. Oct 28, 2011
    Game started out ok and it's fun to get lots of loot drops. But it reaches a point where you're doing an awful lot of running back and forth looking for another quest. So 14 hours in I was getting tired of just running around. Graphics are good and I liked the abilities, but I got bored with all the walking looking for the next step. The interface for changing gear is cumbersome and itGame started out ok and it's fun to get lots of loot drops. But it reaches a point where you're doing an awful lot of running back and forth looking for another quest. So 14 hours in I was getting tired of just running around. Graphics are good and I liked the abilities, but I got bored with all the walking looking for the next step. The interface for changing gear is cumbersome and it would be better if it highlighted more clearly which gear item was an upgrade. Of course you figure it out but it feels like time wasting to scroll down to highlight a useless item as viewed and be constantly going back to the gear screen to see if a drop is an upgrade. Expand
  10. Jul 31, 2013
    A very simplistic, yet strangely addictive game. It's nothing compared to DS 1 and 2, but if you can get this game for a good price, you can sink about 10 hours into the campaign.
  11. Aug 15, 2012
    Wasn't a stand above the crowd great game, but it wasn't horrible either..
    1 play through is enough to get everything done, doesn't have any replay value at all..
    the visuals are average, the combat is average, the story is..... average, it's just an all round average game.. Lot's of loot, but eventually you just feel liked your picking up trash, I didn't buy this game to take up a
    Wasn't a stand above the crowd great game, but it wasn't horrible either..
    Lot's of loot, but eventually you just feel liked your picking up trash, I didn't buy this game to take up a partime job as a janitor, (spoiler) and all the best gear can be bought right before the final boss, so no real point buying stuff in the game..

If you see this for real cheap, pick it up, you won't be disappointed, but you won't be astounded either, just a few hours of fun, something a little different and nothing more..
  12. Jul 9, 2013
    The locations that you travel through in Dungeon Siege III are beautiful! However, I doubt you will find anything else in this game that will impress you apart from that. If you haven't played this game yet, you will be better off waiting two months for Diablo III!
  13. Jun 21, 2011

1) Death - Don't die it's game over and back to last save point.

4) Large groups - Nope not here. Party size is limited to 2 characters.

6) Controls are way different in this versus the others

1. Oct 30, 2011
    If you like high-fantasy realms, but are willing to overlook alterations to what are ultimately some pretty arbitrary conventions concerning weapon types, and you have like-minded friends who'll play with you offline, Dungeon Siege III is definitely worth your time. If you're going to go it alone strictly for story and gameplay, then know that you've already played this game before in similar form, probably a dozen times.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    It doesn't push the envelope aside from experimenting with gameplay but if you like this type of game you'll probably enjoy yourself as long as you speed through the story.
  3. Aug 11, 2011
    In short, Dungeon Siege III is a morass of flat characters, a story as dull as dishwater, and combat that manages to be both frustrating and boring.