4.3

1. Jul 6, 2012
    Yes. I created this account to post my first review because both "professional" reviews here so far are lacking. IGN reviewer obviously doesn't even understand the game when he asks "why would you ever take anything but the highest currently available amount of AP?"... Same reason you don't ignore all your other pieces in chess and just move the queen! ... Idiot. At least take the timeYes. I created this account to post my first review because both "professional" reviews here so far are lacking. IGN reviewer obviously doesn't even understand the game when he asks "why would you ever take anything but the highest currently available amount of AP?"... Same reason you don't ignore all your other pieces in chess and just move the queen! ... Idiot. At least take the time to understand a game before you put up a "professional" review. Swedish review is better but still seemingly suffers from not completely understanding the game. The main critique of not being able to play local multiplayer shows they also don't quite understand the game. What are you going to do, tell your partner to close their eyes and not peek while you take turns setting up the board and then while you play the game take turns closing your eyes when you select combat cards...!? This game does not work as a local multiplayer game. Swedish review also noted lack of campaign. What if the challenges were simply relabeled, Campaign. That is essentially exactly what they could be.

If you want to play strategic, zero chance, and highly competitive, very fun game on the PS3 you can't go wrong with DungeonTwister. If it supported asynchronous play (not sure this is even possible on PS3, need DT on IPad!) it would be perfect. Yes, the graphics are dated, the audio, in particular the grunts of each character when you select them will be quickly muted, but that is not what this game is about. PS3 users are lucky to have this game and I finally have a reason to dust off and fire up my PS3 again!
  2. Jul 6, 2012
    Bought it this evening and played through the lengthy tutorials and a couple of games. I should say upfront that I haven't played Dungeon Twister the board game, but I'm familiar with similar games and mechanics. The game introduces concepts well throughout the tutorial, which is lengthy because of the complicated nature of the ruleset and the different moves of the characters. It's greatBought it this evening and played through the lengthy tutorials and a couple of games. I should say upfront that I haven't played Dungeon Twister the board game, but I'm familiar with similar games and mechanics. The game introduces concepts well throughout the tutorial, which is lengthy because of the complicated nature of the ruleset and the different moves of the characters. It's great value for a complete version of a board game (along the same lines as xbox live Catan or Ticket to Ride). There's no offline multiplayer which is really unfortunate and easily the biggest negative.

It's far too early to tell if the AI holds up to a lot of repeat plays, but it's a faithful recreation of the original game at its core. Hopefully there'll be a decent following online which will make it absolutely worthwhile. IGN's very low score seems unfair when you consider the low price. It's a real shame that it's the most visible review and I hope it gets some better coverage over the next few days. The game does look and sound pretty crappy. I've been muting the music and picking something else to have in the background. The graphics aren't great either, but at least the colour scheme and models are easy to differentiate so there's no confusion about what's actually going on. This is a game for anyone who likes deep strategy and isn't scared off by an initially steep learning curve. It will take a couple of hours to understand the rules, but once you do the game is very intuitive. I love that excellent modern board games are getting console conversions. For the price you are getting a unique game for a very low price.
  3. Jul 9, 2012
    I played the board game and I was waiting for this game to come out as a console version.

Dungeon Twister is a board game that you cannot learn in 5 minutes, It takes time to assimilate it, so even as a board game it's not a game you can get out to play with anybody. The lenghty tutorial of the console version helps a lot to learn and master the multiple rules. Also there almost

Also there almost no luck factor involved in the game, The AI of the console game is ok, not super but there are single player challenge where you play the game with some handicap and the AI becomes difficullt to beat.

The online multiplayer aspect of this game is the best, finally I can play this game against other people.

For people complaining about the no local-multiplayer, it's not possible because you need to hide your selected combat card and starting tokens from your opponent. It can't be done when 2 people stare at the same TV.
  4. Jul 6, 2012

1. We love our PS3, but we love virtual board games as well. That is if they are any good at all, which the butt ugly Dungeon Twister unfortunately is not. Tutorials which seem to have no end and a lack of any form of offline multiplayer spoil the fun for everyone. [October 2012, p.78]
  2. We'd still prefer an actual game of Twister. [Sept 2012, p.105]
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    Dungeon Twister is a strategy game defined entirely by its complexity and rules stacked on rules. Is it fun? Not necessarily, although it is designed to give strategy enthusiasts their money's worth with a ridiculous amount of things to learn. But in its translation into the medium of digital gaming, Dungeon Twister would've benefited from some streamlining and simplification.