6.8

1. Nov 17, 2014
    Two classic arcade games make their way onto the PS3. While some old-school game design does get in the way, I still had an absolute blast hacking and slashing my way through hoards of awesome fantasy creatures. It's even more fun when you get some friends to join you.

Overall both games are very brief, but provided you like the gameplay enough it can have replay value. At least until you unlock everything. Not every aspect of the gameplay has aged well, but overall I found it still solid enough to provide a fun, if in my case disposable, experience. Due to its age it's not going to please everyone, but fans of old-school games or just those looking for a fun, fantasy co-op experience should give this one a look. My total score for it is a 7.5/10.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    Kind of "meh". It's a nice trip down the nostalgia road but... where is everybody? It appears no one is playing it so it gets really boring to play it alone. But it's a nice game to have and remember the old days. It's not a remake (just a shy revamp) and, honestly, there's not much to say. A medieval beat'em up just like the ones we had on the arcade. Fun to play with friends, kind ofKind of "meh". It's a nice trip down the nostalgia road but... where is everybody? It appears no one is playing it so it gets really boring to play it alone. But it's a nice game to have and remember the old days. It's not a remake (just a shy revamp) and, honestly, there's not much to say. A medieval beat'em up just like the ones we had on the arcade. Fun to play with friends, kind of dull to play alone. I could not find other players, not even once. If I had and had at least one session with 3 other players I'd give it a 7. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    I adored the predecessor of this game. The story was intense, the gameplay was fun, and a lot more... but what did I get with this game? The worst one of the worst disappointments in my gaming life (for exclusives). Seriously Capcom, why do you always disappoint your customers with these games? First, you ruin the RE saga, then you make Dead Rising, which was okay, OKAY... Please Capcom,I adored the predecessor of this game. The story was intense, the gameplay was fun, and a lot more... but what did I get with this game? The worst one of the worst disappointments in my gaming life (for exclusives). Seriously Capcom, why do you always disappoint your customers with these games? First, you ruin the RE saga, then you make Dead Rising, which was okay, OKAY... Please Capcom, try to make the next game good, I am pretty sure your games are not bad. Remember; you're CAPCOM! You're a legendary company, you can make better! Collapse

1. A surprising, raucous, lovingly updated loot-fest. [Aug 2013, p.93]
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    One of the finest re-releases yet from Iron Galaxy and Capcom. [Issue#233, p.77]
  3. This formula may be 20-years-old but Chronicles’ gameplay is still razor sharp and the visuals are oddly endearing. To quote one of its Engrish quest-givers: please investigate into it. [August 2013, p78]