• Publisher: CCP
  • Release Date: May 14, 2013
6.2

1. May 14, 2013
    So much promise in this game. The large scope and massive immersion into the game is really rewarding. Looking forward to the game mechanics getting better. Great start to a FREE game! I also agree that if you enjoyed MAG, you will love this game.
  2. May 14, 2013
    The game is awesome. After years of hard working, CCP give us (IMFO) a really good online shooter on PS3.
    Long life to you- CCP!

Игра
  3. May 14, 2013
    So much promise for the future of this game. Cant wait to see what this game would be like in 10 years and with the community we have now, we have a chance to get there.
  4. May 14, 2013
    A Free to play game, that links two games together in a huge universe, with Intense Corporation battles, Skill tress, and a dynamic First Person Shooter experience, makes this game one of the most innovative games in the past few years.
  5. May 14, 2013
    This is the best shooter I've played in years. It's still a work in progress, but this game has more potential than any other game out there right now.
    Take it from someone who was in the Planetside 2 Tech Test, and still plays it occasionaly today: THIS is the MMOFPS you want to be playing.
  6. SMC
    May 14, 2013
    Ive been playing this game since the closed beta, and just frankly....wow. The game's developers have actually listened to there beta forums which i'm sincerely impressed with, having an input into a genre I love has been pretty cool. This game has come on in leaps and bounds. Don't get me wrong, there are still some issues, but with the game being set in an already well establishedIve been playing this game since the closed beta, and just frankly....wow. The game's developers have actually listened to there beta forums which i'm sincerely impressed with, having an input into a genre I love has been pretty cool. This game has come on in leaps and bounds. Don't get me wrong, there are still some issues, but with the game being set in an already well established universe and CCP's already sterling record with their persistent MMORPG, EVE, this game has the potential to outlast the current clone FPS's available.

The fact that this game is F2P, and with CCP doing there level best to ensure that this is the case by not allowing gamers to buy there way into something that isn't achievable by the hard slog of gaining skill points and earning the in game currency called isk is great. (Trivia fact: also Iceland's national currency, the home of CCP)

I think i'm safe in saying that this game will impress anyone looking for something more meaningful than the 7th time they've just unlocked the AK47 (i think you know which game i'm talking about).
  7. May 15, 2013
    Finally a fps shoter that does not treat you like you're a moron. Tons of customization options and battles actually MEAN something. Took me a few days to learn the upgrade system but now tht i have it is like a game in itself!I recommend this game to anyone who like me was feeling like there was no point in playing BF3 or COD. In all honesty I had premium for BF3 and I sold it once I gotFinally a fps shoter that does not treat you like you're a moron. Tons of customization options and battles actually MEAN something. Took me a few days to learn the upgrade system but now tht i have it is like a game in itself!I recommend this game to anyone who like me was feeling like there was no point in playing BF3 or COD. In all honesty I had premium for BF3 and I sold it once I got into DUST! So to summarize try this game out it may take a few days to learn but once you do you may never go back, I haven't! PS THE UPRISING UPGRADE CAME OUT ON MAY 14th THE GAME IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NEW GRAPPHICS NEW CONTROLS STREAMLINED INTERFACE. If you tried ths game before and didn't like it come back download the update and give her another shot, you've got nothing to lose besides that burnt out feeling you get from most FPS's...PEACE! I'm out. Expand
  8. May 15, 2013
    This game is really amazing. It looks/feels like triple AAA game and what is more interesting is that the concept itself promises so many things can be done further with future expansions/patches. I especially like the part where you need to corporate with teammates to win the battle. It requires strategy/teamwork to win not with item purchases. This is truly a free to play game and loveThis game is really amazing. It looks/feels like triple AAA game and what is more interesting is that the concept itself promises so many things can be done further with future expansions/patches. I especially like the part where you need to corporate with teammates to win the battle. It requires strategy/teamwork to win not with item purchases. This is truly a free to play game and love it! Thanks for CCP making this game! Expand
  9. GNN
    May 14, 2013
    a great and unique F2P concept that is already a good shooter with depth and customization never seen before in a FPS. Dusts connection with eve will push it past what shooters have ever attempted as long as they set a good foundation. the game still badly needs a solid new player tutorial [a must with the high learning curve] bigger and better grouping, better corp tools, proximity chata great and unique F2P concept that is already a good shooter with depth and customization never seen before in a FPS. Dusts connection with eve will push it past what shooters have ever attempted as long as they set a good foundation. the game still badly needs a solid new player tutorial [a must with the high learning curve] bigger and better grouping, better corp tools, proximity chat and a command structure similar to what MAG had [right now allied squads are completely cut off from each other and 16 voices in teamchat is a nightmare] with free updates this game can grow to be great if it tackles its few hiccups in the next two updates. Expand
  10. May 14, 2013
    A fun fps, very in dept Skill system that appeals to the hardcore gamer, but with room for the casual. the only draw back that really need mentioning is the rather steep learning curve for a player new to the game. But once core elements are understood a very satisfying experience is to be had. well worth checking out.
  11. May 14, 2013
    Awesome game. Loving the progression, complexity, longevity, graphics. Tip: Please join a corporation. You will love this game even more. Voice chat is always fun and dynamic with good people and you will always enjoy matches and planetary conquest then!
  12. May 15, 2013
    An Free MMOFPS that is part of a persistent universe shared by another MMO, where your battles actually count for something?

Sign me up! The EVE online formula has translated well, we finally have a multiplayer FPS with RPG elements with enough depth and motivation to last us a long time. Also take into account that the game is continuing to be expanded (another thing take from EVE)

Sign me up!

The EVE online formula has translated well, we finally have a multiplayer FPS with RPG elements with enough depth and motivation to last us a long time. Also take into account that the game is continuing to be expanded (another thing take from EVE) so you never will run out of content.

The fact that it can be played with a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 (which does seem a bit overpowered) plus the fact that it was free was what bought me into it (other then the reasons stated above)

Gone are the days of "run-and-gun unlock everything and quit" FPS'. Dust 514 is the future.
  13. May 15, 2013
    I'll start off saying this is not a well polished game. It has plenty of hiccups that need to (and will) be worked out in future updates. Currently the issues include clunky controls, the occasional game-crashing bug, and uneven matches where experienced players simply crush relatively new players (though CCP fixed this somewhat with yesterday's upddate).

Now the reason I gave this game

Now the reason I gave this game such a high rating is because CCP can be trusted to spend the next decade or so improving the game and adding content, and I consider its cross over with the EVE universe to be a truly innovative concept.

What makes Dust 514 special is the meta-game that comes with it. Being able to band together with other mercs to fight for control over planets in the EVE universe adds a layer of strategy and political intrigue on top of the normal shoot-the-other-guy-in-the-face excitement of an FPS. I also love the fact that making dropsuit fittings requires some careful consideration. Having to fit weapons and modules that maximize performance while remaining within the powergrid and CPU limitations of the suit, and keeping costs down enough that I can still profit from the fights definitely has kept me nerding out over this game.

If you are considering this game, be sure to look into player corporations, where you can squad up with people. This is a game that rewards teamwork.
  14. May 15, 2013
    Free. Deep. and a lot more than just running around in circles pulling the trigger at the first thing you see. Its incredibly addictive. While a few areas still need to be ironed out, you can be sure they will with constant free updates.
  15. May 15, 2013
    Good game, good mechanics, needs a little more work. Still some issues with matchmaking in some rounds that makes one team clearly better than the other, but this game really shines in the corp v corp battles, not the instant action. People shouldn't judge so quickly if they haven't experienced all that this game has to offer.
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    Excellent shooter, because of al the depth and customization. The game has improved tremendously after beta, and continues to improve. I love the fact that you can make a character to your liking, with endless strategic and tactical opportunities.

I don't agree with people saying that it's "pay to win", because your abilities to increase more powerful items increase depends on experience, which can't be bought. Paid items are great to test a better weapon before you want to sink your hard-earned experience points in the necessary upgrades, but as paid items are lost when you die, playing pay to win-style is a VERY costly exercise!
  17. May 15, 2013
    I have been playing this game for nearly a year now I would probably be described as a fan boy but i will be objective

this is a game for people who want something new and are bored of killing for killings sake the sheer number of skills and items available make almost every player different in some way, It was worked out that is will take about 6-8 years to max out the current available skills so don't expect to be top dog quickly it will take you maybe 5+ mouths to get the stuff you really want.

Gameplay is fun it is not a "smooth" as COD or BF3 but get your self into a corp(clan) and work with them this is a team game

Map number are "limited" and yet bound less I will try and explain currently there are 6 basic terrain maps each of these can have 1 of 6 skins (grass,rock,desert) and then the building on the map are socketed so on big maps there are 1 main building and 2/3 small buildings, these are currently 3 main types of main building (not sure about the small ones) and each of these has 4 rascal versions.

as it stands there are 3 levels of battles, public battles, factional warfare is affects EVE online players, and planetary conquest this is where corps can take planets over and try and hold them. PVE will be added but there is no confirmed time fame for this yet.

this game is worth a try but just go in expecting something different from your regular run and gun FPS and don't expect that just because you can go 15-0 in other game that you will be going this straight of the bat here.
  18. May 15, 2013
    The gameplay itself is average. The part that makes this game REALLY shine is the complexity of the fittings of the suits and the vehicles. I can spend so much time tweaking what I want. When I "test" my fits I earn skill points so I can train for other things I want to test. It is an endless cycle of fun. Also the Planetary Conquest is AMAZING! It just came out and already my CorporationThe gameplay itself is average. The part that makes this game REALLY shine is the complexity of the fittings of the suits and the vehicles. I can spend so much time tweaking what I want. When I "test" my fits I earn skill points so I can train for other things I want to test. It is an endless cycle of fun. Also the Planetary Conquest is AMAZING! It just came out and already my Corporation and a few others are fighting for control over these planets to gain more power. It is awesome Expand
  19. May 15, 2013
    Ground breaking concept merging console and pc fps & space mmo into one universe.
    Takes the FPS model and adds meaning and value into the effort. You're fighting for something, with someone, leaving a lasting impact.
  20. May 15, 2013
    My review may be a little biased, but I will try to be as neutral about this as possible.

Dust 514 is a game in which you are a cloned mercenary payed by the highest bidder whether it is an entire faction owned by NPCs, or a Corporation or Alliance run by players, to fight on the planet-side of EVE and assume control of the planet. In this, you start out with 500,000 skill points

In this, you start out with 500,000 skill points and four free militia suits which are infinite, but highly unwieldly and not nearly as efficient and as deadly as the prototype variants. The four variants are Militia (MLT), Standard (STD), Advanced (ADV), and Prototype (PRT).. In order to use STD, ADV, and PRT, you must get your skills for the corresponding item to I, III, V in that order. This process can take a while, but the reward is great, in my opinion.

As you travel up the ladder of skill points, you fight a very hard battle. But within one million skill points I was already dominating the field in a Semi Standard-advanced Assault suit using an advanced weapon with standard suit modules.

- To say that you stand no chance against a prototype suit in a lower tiered suit is completely false. Granted, the challenge is greater but not impossible. The feeling of reward that you get when you've killed someone who you know is running a proto suit with proto weaponry while you're in a much lower tier with much lower skill points is amazing. Knowing you cost them a good 100k ISK (Game currency) for their one suit, whereas your suit only cost 10k ISK.

The game has four modes which are similar. Ambush (50 Kill Team Deathmatch), Ambush OMS (80 Kill Team Deathmatch with turret and module support), Skirmish (King of the Kill, with 3-5 points to control, or you can wipe out the enemy teams 150 clones (whichever comes first). and Domination (Skirmish with one control point.

Having played a Heavy and an Assault both, I can say that this game does offer some level of customization where you can completely specialize into one weapon, or specialize somewhat in a few weapons or just become able to use everything. The latter isn't recommended, but that's the beauty of it. The choice is yours.

Soon to come, the battles you fight will decide the sovereignty of solar systems in EVE. EVE and DUST will form a mutual symbiosis where one will depend on the other in a healthy way. The Economies of both games will be merged, and CCP talks of more integration between both games. But that's not what makes the game great.

It is true that the game has many flaws, you can get stuck on some surfaces, the loading screen will fail to initialize into battle, there are balance issues, sometimes things will not render completely, and the controls are a little sluggish as well as an aim assist issue. The range specialization of weapons was completely dropped and I agree with this move as it made MANY other weapons worthless at any game mode unless you were able to draw your opponent around the corner. Which if you waited for, was a bad idea as you will be flanked, and the person you hoped to kill will just get better positioning on you.

Thus, the range skills were removed, making the game once again currently balanced for all weapons to a much better degree than what it had previously been.

What is truly wonderful about this game is that all content releases are completely -FREE-. If ever there is a new map pack, or new gear or skills to use it will always be free. You will never need to pay to win in this game. Pay to win dictates that you must pay to use gear which is advantageous over the other players which in essence is not true in this game. You can pay for items which are of the standard grade that never run out. But you will never find proto gear that you have to pay for that will never run out.

There are weapons that cost Aurum (ingame real money currency) that allow you to use suits and weapons earlier if you lack the skills for their higher tiered variants, but this too, in time you are garunteed to attain. Whereas in Pay to Win, you MUST pay to ACHIEVE the desired result.

Once again, as you're skilling up going match after match with similar load outs, you, as the adaptive player, become better and better with that load out and as you get better, so does your gear.

I feel that this game, considering its origins, is very well put together and puts an adaptive learning curve for seasoned and new FPS players alike that challenges themselves to push their skills just a little further with every match. I find this game quite entertaining, and I look forward to the many, many content patches that will follow in the years to come with DUST 514.

PS, when EVE started, many players complained about how it played, back in the day in 2003, records were set for 5000 players on a single shard... Now, after many, many content patches, EVE today reaches 60,000 players on a single shard. If history repeats, DUST will be one of the bigger competing FPS's in the future which will receive a PS4 update.
  21. May 19, 2013
    Dust 514 is an FPS MMO RPG by Crowd Control Productions and take place in New Eden under the same stars as Eve Online. The backstory for the world is expansive and opens with the discovery of a neural implant that allows the transfer of consciousness at the moment of death. Combined with cloning technology and the advanced Sciences already employed by the four factions of New Eden, youDust 514 is an FPS MMO RPG by Crowd Control Productions and take place in New Eden under the same stars as Eve Online. The backstory for the world is expansive and opens with the discovery of a neural implant that allows the transfer of consciousness at the moment of death. Combined with cloning technology and the advanced Sciences already employed by the four factions of New Eden, you are one of the first of the immortal army of clone soldiers in an intergalactic war across the stars.

Gameplay:10/10
    The RPG element of skill progression moves at a constant speed but can be boosted by use of boosters (1.5x skill gain) and by combat (bonus skill points are gained by contributed to battles and drained from your pool of potential bonus points). Your skill points are spent to augment your loadouts by letting you use more advanced gear or learning how to get better performance out of the gear you have. This game is what you make of it the more you give it the more you'll get!
  22. May 22, 2013
    This game is not for everyone. It's dauntingly complex and chock full of tutorials and menus. It's difficult to approach, especially without someone helping you. But once you get past that initial wall of figuring everything out, what you find is a veritable goldmine of depth and complexity that goes as deep as you are willing.

What makes Dust most different for the average player is

What makes Dust most different for the average player is the resource management system. While most shooters simply have your weapons appear on your character without much thought to how they got there or why you have them, Dust is completely different. In Dust you must buy your base suit, buy whatever modules (extra shields, armor, speed, etc.) you want on your suit, buy your weapon, your grenades, and so on. While this may sound tedious, Dust has a fantastic interface to make this a breeze. A single basic suit may cost 20,000 ISK (in game currency). Buying ten of everything on that suit makes it so you can die ten times while using it before you run out of it. Then you'll have to buy more (easily done in-match). Since match payouts are generally about 200,000 ISK, rarely will you find yourself running out of ISK for suits unless you move to more advanced levels of suits. There's nothing quite like killing a tank that cost someone over a million ISK to fit...

Another defining factor in Dust is corporations. While Dust can be played alone it is not recommended. Find a corporation and sign up with them as quickly as you can as being in a squad with others improves the game much. Being in a corporation also opens up a window into Planetary Conquest (PC) and the political intrigue of EVE. PC allows corporations to control territory on planets and to capture other corporations planets. It gives meaning to what would otherwise be battles for simple bragging rights.

That said, the game is not without flaws. The base gunplay can sometimes feel lackluster, and the game sometimes suffers from lag. Both of these issues are being addressed with constant (practically weekly) updates that make the game better. With a development cycle planned to last 10 years, this game is only going to get better, and it's great fun right now.

Finally, addressing how the game is monetized. CCP allows players to buy Aurum with real money. Aurum can be used to buy boosters, which increase the rate of SP gain, permanent versions of ISK items, or items one level above your current skill. The game follows the "pay to grind less" strategy, and it's done well. I played the game for free for my first month of playing and really enjoyed it. I decided to pay because I felt it was worth it and wanted to support CCP for making a game I liked. In no way did I feel I was at a major disadvantage for not paying.

Dust 514 is definitely a game worth your time, and one that can easily be lost in. I highly recommend it.
  23. May 24, 2013
    Game Trailers gave out an extremely garbage review and the person reviewing did not even bother to do some research and i quote ''you can only get scrambler riffles by paying" which is not true there is ISK scrambler riffle weapons and the prototypes which are the best you only need ISK to buy them, also Did this guy even bothered to mention planetary conquest nope. There just goes toGame Trailers gave out an extremely garbage review and the person reviewing did not even bother to do some research and i quote ''you can only get scrambler riffles by paying" which is not true there is ISK scrambler riffle weapons and the prototypes which are the best you only need ISK to buy them, also Did this guy even bothered to mention planetary conquest nope. There just goes to show how ignorant the person from GT was. even a monkey could of had done a better review. Dust takes some time (not alot) to get to a high level this is not just a pick up and play game to obtain everything in less than month like call of duty does. Expand
  24. May 15, 2013
    I have been playing Dust for almost a year. the progress with every update has been quite amazing and right now it is a pretty imprezsive shooter. What i think is the best part is the customization and the persistance, i feel like my character is real, not just unlocking items in a row, decoded by the developer.. ccp is not launching this game intending to get dlc down the road, it willI have been playing Dust for almost a year. the progress with every update has been quite amazing and right now it is a pretty imprezsive shooter. What i think is the best part is the customization and the persistance, i feel like my character is real, not just unlocking items in a row, decoded by the developer.. ccp is not launching this game intending to get dlc down the road, it will all be free. and for a free game, it is quite amazing. it is definitely not pay 2 win, i welcome the fact that i can keep up by buying sp boosters because i cant play every day and still keep up. all items are available in isk, there is not a single item that can only be bought for real money. what it lacks in polish, it more than makes up for by being free and fun. if you dont like the game right now, just wait 3 months, and come back, it will be better, and you will have accumulated sp to spend on new skills and items. you cant lose. Expand
  25. May 26, 2013
    Great game, greatly improved in the last release. CCP seems to be very efficient in upgrading the game and I can't wait for the next expansions. I trained for vehicles and I am having huge fun. I got recruited into a corporation and I have received excellent support from my corp, mates, who are very active.
    I look forward to exploring the depths of EVE online and the interconnections
    I look forward to exploring the depths of EVE online and the interconnections between the two games. And by the way the game is free. This is a major point for me, but I have to say that I would have purchased the game in any case. Highly recommended.
  26. Jun 7, 2013
    The game does come a little to strong to new players, after so many years of dumb reactive first person shooters our brains are atrophied to the boring formula of FPS we have been complaining for so long now. Dust514 brings new blood to the mode and a huge breath of fresh air to otherwise jaded gamers, the adding of a economy to a FPS, the interconnection with the huge MMO EVE online, andThe game does come a little to strong to new players, after so many years of dumb reactive first person shooters our brains are atrophied to the boring formula of FPS we have been complaining for so long now. Dust514 brings new blood to the mode and a huge breath of fresh air to otherwise jaded gamers, the adding of a economy to a FPS, the interconnection with the huge MMO EVE online, and all that for free.. is just freaking amazing.
    But it does comes at a cost, been only multiplayer the game can be really cruel to new comers, but for the player that is looking for a revolution of the genre this is the game, and if CCP is telling the truth, the game is only going to get better over the years.. and for FREE!!!
  27. Jun 8, 2013
    This is a pretty solid game, people who give a bad review either didn't play for more than a hour or just left bad reviews based off of other bad reviews, I have yet to encounter a problem, and just using the starter suits I'm always positive on my kills and score, maybe the bad reviews also didn't complete the tutorial and/or suck at the game? There's a lot of depth to this game, moreThis is a pretty solid game, people who give a bad review either didn't play for more than a hour or just left bad reviews based off of other bad reviews, I have yet to encounter a problem, and just using the starter suits I'm always positive on my kills and score, maybe the bad reviews also didn't complete the tutorial and/or suck at the game? There's a lot of depth to this game, more than your typical camp fest like call of duty and this game actually relies on team-work, I'm kinda glad the people that left reviews aren't playing this cause I'd hate to paired up on the same team with them! Expand
  28. May 17, 2013
    Being new to console FPS, I have no "drag" with controls learned elsewhere. In fact playing with the normal Dual shock controller felt so awkward, that I had to get myself a Splitfish controller during the closed beta, before the keyboard/mouse was an option.

I find the depth of the game exhilarating, having played EVE Online for years and stopped due to lack of time, this was an opportunity to sink back in to the world of New Eden without having to sink hours and hours into it. And I love it. After almost a year of game play, I still love it.

Oh yeah, New Eden. It's filled with lore and history. The EVE Wiki alone is amazing source of back stories, but they've also published three (3!) books based on the universe. And countless of Chronicles delving deep into the life of the citizens, soldiers and capsuleers of the various planets and star systems.

It is continually evolving and getting better, don't let the whiney kiddies tell you otherwise. See, you actually need to learn this game, spend time with it and get to know what works and what doesn't. After sinking some of your hard earned Skill Points into one of the various support skills, you go and buy the new modules you now have access to and then spend hours finding the best combination to fit them to your dropsuit. Did I mention there are several different kinds of dropsuits?

If you like depth and immersion, this is your game. If you have the attention span of a goldfish, try Crayon Physics, might be a better match.
  29. May 19, 2013
    A fresh new concept that's very interactive and very exciting and engaging. Not to mention the enormous customization. So many dropsies and weapons.

1. Thankfully, navigating through the poorly designed menus is not the only thing Dust 514 has to offer. You can also shoot each other in a body region of choice on poorly designed multiplayer maps. Even with 31 other player joining the fray, you will have a hard time finding even a single adversary. [June 2013, p.86]
  2. Dust 514 is ropier than a Japanese adult movie marathon. Movement is clunky, combat feels archaic, and this war takes place on worlds so drab they look like a rip off of Futurama’s Neutral Planet. This is yet another paid DLC bear trap. [September 2013, p80]
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Feels like it is in desperate need of a decade of evolution, to move out of the shadow of its peers. [Issue#137, p.114]