Dustforce PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Feb 5, 2014
    Dustforce (on PC) is an amazing game, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a challenging platformer. I would give the PC version a 10/10 with no hesitation. However, the PS3 version is the worst port I have ever played. The reasons for this are:

1) Obnoxiously long load times (Dustforce on PC had no loading screens, at all). It takes around a minute to get from initial boot to the hub world. On PC, it took about two seconds. I am not exaggerating.
    2) No cross-buy (PS3 and Vita versions are separate games).
    3) Framerate is jumpy. This becomes much worse when moving quickly.
    4) Audio lag. You can't go a whole minute without hearing some form of audio lag. Also, the audio lags consistently at the end of every run, and while attacking enemies at higher speeds.
    5) The new UI looks cheap and out-of-place.
    6) No custom controls.
    7) The clipping is off. I watched myself pass through objects that should have been solid several times on the PS3 version.
    8) Absolutely none of the previously listed issues are present on the PC version of the game.

If future updates fix these issues, I will change my rating to a 10.

Anyways, lets all thank Q-loc and Capcom taking a truly superb platforming experience and slaughtering it before the eyes of the console community. Sorry, Hitbox. I love you guys.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    An original platformer that's good fun. [Apr 2014]
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    I'd hesitate to suggest Dustforce as a must-play type of game, but for the cost of entry, you'll get some enjoyment out of it.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 19, 2014
    A highly addictive platformer whose shine is marred by a few control issues. [April 2014, p83]