Dynasty Warriors 7 PlayStation 3

7.4

1. Aug 5, 2011
    Dynasty warriors 7 basically offers most of the same stuff as its predecessors, hack and slash with a compelling narration loosely based on the Chinese novel 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'. Unlike previous games in the series, there is no musou mode, instead you're given a story mode where you will be playing a number of set characters throughout the campaign. You control 4Dynasty warriors 7 basically offers most of the same stuff as its predecessors, hack and slash with a compelling narration loosely based on the Chinese novel 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'. Unlike previous games in the series, there is no musou mode, instead you're given a story mode where you will be playing a number of set characters throughout the campaign. You control 4 factions/kingdoms: Shu, Wu, Wei, and the newly introduced Jin, journeying through the events during the Three Kingdoms period from the lens of each faction. The story telling is much stronger and serious this time around, be prepared to feel sad during some scenes. Another addition to DW7 is the introduction of Conquest Mode, replacing Free Mode. It works pretty much the same but you won't be playing stages featured in Story mode, instead you'll be playing all new stages (most of them not as big as stages in Story mode) and you can unlock new stages, characters, weapons and level up your characters as you go along. You'll be spending most part of the game in Conquest mode as there are tons of stages and you can even play them with your friend through online multiplayer (even though the synching is terrible). There are over 60 playable characters each with their individual special attacks and musou attacks. You can even swap weapons during gameplay and equip whichever weapon you prefer.
    Of course, this game has its flaws. While the graphics is a definite improvement since DW6, it is still dated for current-gen consoles. The water looks bad, and the texture of buildings and landscape are poor. Another thing is the horseriding animation, it is just awful and still doesn't feel natural. Lastly, you still don't need to be smart to play this game because you dont need tactics or strategies. All you'll be doing is figthing off the hordes of enemy soldiers and officers until you reach the enemy's commander. It gets repetitive real quick. Anyway, play this game for the strong storyline and the amount of content it has to offer. You'd certainly get your money's worth for the hours of gameplay you'll be getting (I spent about over a hundred hours on this).
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    Great game with great flaws.
    While the game has beautiful graphics, it has the old Ps2 problem of dissappearing soldiers and officers.
    Great game with great flaws.
    While having more officers to choose from, the cloned moves and retarded allied AI shadows it. While the Story mode is Bright as the sun and great, the conquest mode is completely unninteresting and bland, plus Story mode can only be played in single player mode, no splitscreen.

It seems that tis game stays just like DW6;
    It could've be Awesome! but is not.
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Having grown up on the Dynasty Warriors series I must admit it is my guilty little pleasure. However, when Dynasty Warriors 6 was released I was completely devastated at the horrendous monstrosity I had put into my Playstation. The 6th iteration was riddled with many problems including characters with shared movesets, a cut in the overall playable cast, and out of 40 playable charactersHaving grown up on the Dynasty Warriors series I must admit it is my guilty little pleasure. However, when Dynasty Warriors 6 was released I was completely devastated at the horrendous monstrosity I had put into my Playstation. The 6th iteration was riddled with many problems including characters with shared movesets, a cut in the overall playable cast, and out of 40 playable characters present only 14 were playable in story mode. Thankfully, Dynasty Warriors 7 remedied everything wrong with the previous installment. Now, with the inclusion of EX moves characters are no longer clones. Adding to that, every character can equip not one, but two weapons and switch between them in battle. The story mode is also expanded from a basic 5 to 8 levels of the same battles for different characters to an actual heart wrenching drama engulfing your entire kingdom of choice. With the character count they've jumped from 40 to 62 with the return of all cut characters except Pang De and Zuo Ci. Furthermore, of those 62 characters ten of them are for an entirely new kingdom the Jin. While Jin is not new to the history of Three Kingdoms this is the very first time players will ever get to play to the actual end of the Three Kingdoms story. After story mode comes conquest mode where players can partake of mission battles to unlock more characters, weapons, and raises states. This mode incorporates the timeless Co-op mode. Moreover, it finally adds a the much coveted Co-op mode. Graphically, I was in awe of what I saw on my TV and felt almost immersed within ancient China. And the music? Well, it's just as good as it ever was and adds a real sense of battle to the game. Overall, I must say I'm very satisfied with Dynasty Warriors 7 and have gained renewed faith in Koei Tecmo. The only thing I ask for is the later release of an Empires and Xtreme Legends, then my Dynasty Warriors 7 experience with be complete. Collapse

1. May 30, 2011
    This new chapter in the Dynasty Warriors saga introduces some interesting changes on gameplay. The new story mode is fascinating, and the introduction of the 2 weapons really interesting. The gameplay and the graphics are similar to the previous chapter, so the fans will like it, while the others find the game repetitive and boring.
  2. May 19, 2011
    For casual hack 'n' slash fans then Dynasty Warriors 7 could be a bit too labour intensive and time consuming for your liking. You really need to have a genuine interest in the subject matter on display to get the most out of the game.
  3. May 18, 2011
    Possibly the best Dynasty Warriors game yet. The combat system is a ton of fun and lets you change weapons on the fly as you beat your lowly enemies into pulp in a mesmerizing display of flying bodies and bright color.