7.5

1. Jul 1, 2014
    This game is alot of fun, in a giant robot killing other robots. this reminded me of the dynasty warriors series with all the killing in it, so anyone who likes dynasty warriors or samurai warriors will enjoy this game
  2. Dec 30, 2014
    Really love Gundam games, I have imported several Japanese only games to prove how much I enjoy them. I really loved that they gave more expanded Mobile suit base for most of the Gundam settings. But I do wish they would have expanded more on playable Mobile suits. But My one negative felling is that its rather a half a game when for another 30 USD i can get the rest of the missions in aReally love Gundam games, I have imported several Japanese only games to prove how much I enjoy them. I really loved that they gave more expanded Mobile suit base for most of the Gundam settings. But I do wish they would have expanded more on playable Mobile suits. But My one negative felling is that its rather a half a game when for another 30 USD i can get the rest of the missions in a bundle pack or pick and choose what I want individually. Other then that its a good game. Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2015
    Reasonably good, possibly the best in the series so far relatively speaking (though DWG2 is still a close contender), though it does have it's share of faults.

The mobile armor battles are still not that great compared to DWG2, though it is nice to actually get to use them yourself, even if their move-sets are usually fairly simple. Several storylines are missing that were in

Several storylines are missing that were in previous games.

And STILL no Shiro Amada (EZ-8) and Norris Packard (Gouf Custom) being on the roster despite topping the polls since DWG1. And instead just a bunch more garbage from SEED that no one outside of Japan gives a crap about.
  4. Dec 24, 2015
    I love playing musou games especially when they involve franchises that are to my liking. Yes the game can get a little repetitive at times with the enemies you fight and the objectives that you're given. This is expected from this game though so it's not really a problem.

Now this is only my second DWG game with DWG3 being my first and this game improves on that one in almost every area!! They added a ton of mobile suits and characters from each anime series which I loved! My favourite gundam series is Gundam Seed and before (in DWG3) they only had like 2-3 pilots / mobile suits from Seed and in this one they had like 14 pilots / mobile suits! On top of that every mobile suit in the game feels unique and they perform as you'd imagine (from seeing the anime). The amount of characters / mobile suits and how they have a few story missions from the animes too had me very interested in the other Gundam anime series as well!

I enjoyed the game so much I got the platinum trophy for it if that says anything. If you like DW / musou games and like gundam you HAVE to give this game a go. It's audio is Japanese only though so just a heads up. If you don't like DW games and/or Gundam though you probably won't enjoy this.

8.5/10 for me personally.
  5. Jul 6, 2014
    i like gundam a lot, and feel like i got suckered into the purchase of a VERY sub par / ok at best game.

first of all the co-op sucks. the way it's implemented just boggles my mind. you can't set a game to private/friends only, so you have to reload if a random person joins. when you get a friend to join, they are booted at the end of the level. repeat each lvl. some lvls are very

first of all the co-op sucks. the way it's implemented just boggles my mind.
    some lvls are very short. this gets annoying.

did i mention, the person joining has to have beaten the entire chapter to join
    any level the host is playing? this is beyond stupid.
    it basically defeats the purpose of playing co op.
    i don't want to run through a game on easy, then grind for hours with someone.
    why can't we both just play the maps together for the first time???

i've had disconnects from a player who i play games with all the time.
    they live 20 miles away and we don't have the issues on other ps3 titles.

i'd definitely rate the game lower if it weren't gundam theme.

also worth noting.. base game costs $40. dlc bundle? $30.
    so, it's not really a 'cheaper game', it's $10 more than retail triple A titles.
    they hide a good amount of cool mech's behind that pay wall.

it feels very OK.
    it's lacking a ridiculous amount of features for a game released in 2014.
    not impressed. definitely not giving them more money for DLC.

look up video first. maybe you'll enjoy the game.
    co-op implementation is really lazy, and a pain to play with friends.
  6. Jun 7, 2015
    Congratulations Koei you teased yet again for no gain to the players. The only redeeming quality this game has is Wing-Zero-EW-custom. This game has barely anything to offer. They removed the Frienship system, which I very much enjoyed. My favorite Gundam-character, Johnny Ridden, still has yet to be playable! The Gouf, Gyan, and Gelgoog are still **** despite that they are allCongratulations Koei you teased yet again for no gain to the players. The only redeeming quality this game has is Wing-Zero-EW-custom. This game has barely anything to offer. They removed the Frienship system, which I very much enjoyed. My favorite Gundam-character, Johnny Ridden, still has yet to be playable! The Gouf, Gyan, and Gelgoog are still **** despite that they are all high-quality MS used by Aces. And my biggest problem with the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games was that I hate the fact that the only thing of Johnny Ridden that is playable is his sole MS in the games, but guess what? In the first game he shares the same moveset with Char's Gelgoog, and what about the games you CAN play as his Gelgoog? It's an exact clone of Char. Need I also mention he fights NOTHING like Ridden! Johnny ridden uses a hit and run fighting style and the main reason he uses HIGH MOBILITY TYPE-MobileSuits! He has nothing new. All he has is only a four square-chain, one musou. Everyone has at least six-or eight square-chain, two-three musous (one for ground,air and a true musou). Every MS I loved is reduced to a worthless piece of trash that it never was in the series. Gelgoogs and Goufs are very strong, yet reduced to the uniqueness as a LEO. What they could have done is give Ridden his Full Bullet Zaku or his MS-06R-2 Zaku II HM-type. OR maybe his story mode based off of MSV Battle Chronicle Johnny Ridden. And need I also mention they teased Johnny Ridden with the whole Red Comet vs Crimson Lightning DLC mission, which you still can't play as Ridden?! And where in the world is Bernie from 0080 and MCKenzie, and better yet where's Shiro Amada, he's always in a gundam crossover~ Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 26, 2014
    The end result remains a clunky curio that only diehards are likely to endure. [Sept 2014, p.110]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 25, 2014
    A respectable take on the Gundam metaseries that's sure to please the faithful. Not particularly approachable for anybody else though. [September 2014, p80]
  3. Aug 18, 2014
    This is not the best entry in Koei Tecmo’s long running series, but a title that remains pleasantly entertaining and is a welcomed edition to the constantly growing Warriors catalogue.