6.8

1. Oct 19, 2010
    Amazing!!! blows the ufc game away without a fight lol ea once again does it again congrats to the people who made this awesome very fun game dana white dropped the ball when he didnt get ea mma to make the ufc game cuz thq sucks
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    First off: If you're worried about the roster....and if you don't know these fighters... get to know them! They're some of the baddest on the planet no matter what Zuffa/UFC/Dana White claim. This game murders the UFC game... which I liked. Can't believe EA may already be considering not continuing the series because it's so darn satisfying. The play is fun, fluid, and rewarding. TheFirst off: If you're worried about the roster....and if you don't know these fighters... get to know them! They're some of the baddest on the planet no matter what Zuffa/UFC/Dana White claim. This game murders the UFC game... which I liked. Can't believe EA may already be considering not continuing the series because it's so darn satisfying. The play is fun, fluid, and rewarding. The career mode is a blast (can feel a little easy at first, but just up the difficulty once you get the hang of it). Online Live Event play is a blast with friends. Its just a freakin fun game. And Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2010
    MMA is good, not great. Graphically its pretty and controls are solid. There don't seem to be enough special moves. I also don't like the fact that it lacks UFC fighters! I think I'm sticking to the real UFC game by THQ.
  4. Oct 28, 2010
    I think G4TV said it best when they said this game had interesting community features but no community. Look for this game to get cancelled soon. Don't buy it! you were warned! Kekeke
  5. Oct 21, 2010
    I tried the demo at first and didn't think it would blow UFC Undisputed 2010 away. The AI was too easy because all you had to do was get into full mount and it's an auto win. Until I just purchased my full version copy yesterday, wow, it's amazing. I have played about 30 matches online and I love this game more and more. First off, the online connectivity is incredible. It literally takesI tried the demo at first and didn't think it would blow UFC Undisputed 2010 away. The AI was too easy because all you had to do was get into full mount and it's an auto win. Until I just purchased my full version copy yesterday, wow, it's amazing. I have played about 30 matches online and I love this game more and more. First off, the online connectivity is incredible. It literally takes only seconds to find a match and on top of that, NO LAG! Now compared to UFC Undisputed online connectivity, it's like heaven and hell. But anyway, besides that, this game is really like a chess match. The striking is awesome (especially if you are a big fan of the Fight Night series) and the animation is very fluid. Swaying and dodging actually looks realistic, not like a robotic head bobbing back and forth. The submission is very technical and fun. It's not just a bunch of joystick spinning contest that leaves blisters on your hand. Fighting all over the world which allows you to do soccer kicks to head, knees on ground is very cool. Now of course, there is 1 slight downside of the game. Alot of times matches can end really fast, especially if 1 person is way better than the other. I have had matches where I TKO someone in literally 6 secs, at least 5 of the matches were like that. It is really easy to knock out or TKO someone if you connect a combo of punches and the opponent does not know how to escape it. However, if 2 players are at similiar level, it will last longer and will become a fun chess match. Anyway if you love mma games, this is a MUST BUY. PS - I already sold UFC Undisputed for this game and do not regret 1 bit Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2010
    Horrible game. No-name fighters, clunky controls and online balance issues. This game was DOA at retail so it's best to stay away from it. Do not buy!
  7. Oct 28, 2010
    Really can't recommend this one. Poor production value for an EA game and you fight as a bunch of nobodies. You may get it if you like Randy Couture but there really any other reason to get it
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Awesome game, destroys UFC and the online actually works. Gameplay is smooth and strategic and the knockouts look terrific. I used to love UFC Undisputed 09 but 2010 was a huge let-down. EA MMA is superb.
  9. Nov 19, 2010
    Graphics suck. Controls sucks. And no, I'm not being buyist. I just don't think this was that good of a game at at. If you like Fight Night get this. If you don't get UFC. The only good person on ther IMO is Ken Shamrock. Mainly becuase Daina White said If any of hus boys go to EA and want to be on the game he'd fire them. So IMO this game sucked
  10. Oct 21, 2010
    To give an honest opinion from someone who love fighting games and has followed Martial arts and of course the development of MMA from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do, Bloodsports Kumite and of course the Gracies with UFC and later Dana White injecting some life back into the UFC format so that fans can expierence all the World formats such as Strikeforce or Pride. I will make more of the Oh MyTo give an honest opinion from someone who love fighting games and has followed Martial arts and of course the development of MMA from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do, Bloodsports Kumite and of course the Gracies with UFC and later Dana White injecting some life back into the UFC format so that fans can expierence all the World formats such as Strikeforce or Pride. I will make more of the Oh My God its awesome or yeah its better than UFC 2010 cliche.

So to the game : after my soap box blurb

Well to be honest on face value the game seems to be packed with content and promises that would make you think it has delivered the full real deal. However as you get into it, the game starts to stutter and show you that EA really seemed to have held back. There are some great fighters, and some impressive options of gameface, events, career mode and online content. But none of it seems to have a sharp finish.

The players all have the same regular moves, and alhtough it lists styles, and attitudes, or moves. They are all very generic and never showns the variation and tactics that you would want, so as to create the needed variation in playing AI, or espically for online play.

Then although the graphics seem polished, the animation is just slow and never allows for the flow from one technique to the other to occur. With blocks being wasted, a Jab creating the most force and easiest way to crush an oppents, so much it left with a poor finish. The Spinning kick can be thown and blocked with ease yet a jab can just fly through a guard and rock you oppent. Well lets just test that in the ring and see what Bas Rutten would or Cung Le for that fact.

The its the mediocre gameface creations, with restictions on so many areas and then the gameface from EA site or XBOX vision just not transferring any real atmosphere as the created players just dont look anything like the photo used. You see one thing on the PC edition and when transfered its just a generic piece of rubbish. Such a let down. Then the online although not a crushing disspointment like the poor cousin UFC 2010, you can find the fights, but the slow animation under lag can pose a very, very, very poor fight. With combos just non existant and a horrible expiernce.

When there is no lag, its still a very limited expierence with so real feel of combat and more a bang, bang, bang jab exchange, to a take down, pound a little and go for submission or its up and repeat. No tactics, the use of the cage just doesnt occur and so many details have been left out you know its a get it out there first edition. Oh please dont let it be a drawn out Madden with so little changed but rosters and outfits.

Well lastly the career also provides for no reason to play other than achievments and the obvious super CAF. ahain it is very lacking, slow, drawn out and although Bas Rutten is cool to listen to it just doesnt provide the depth or variation and flibility to create something different that can just be quickly thrown together in a create a fighter segmant.

So overall, dont expect something that would crush THQ. Because EA have gone really soft and just pushed out something that has potential but doesnt deliver on any area with authority or with the polish that wuould hold any more than just a passing interst.
  11. Nov 1, 2010
    EA Tiburon have laid down a fantastic foundation with this game. Once you learn the intricacies of the gameplay, you will be hooked. It is extremely well balanced, which leads to fights becoming in-depth and tactical, resulting in some real wars. They really nailed the "human chess match" feel, unlike UFC Undisputed, which feels like a game of rock-em, sock-em robots. Career, whilstEA Tiburon have laid down a fantastic foundation with this game. Once you learn the intricacies of the gameplay, you will be hooked. It is extremely well balanced, which leads to fights becoming in-depth and tactical, resulting in some real wars. They really nailed the "human chess match" feel, unlike UFC Undisputed, which feels like a game of rock-em, sock-em robots. Career, whilst somewhat shallow, is entertaining and online is as robust as ever, like most EA Sports games. If you love MMA and have the time to learn the systems, you will love this! Expand
  12. Oct 28, 2010
    Terrible game is terrible! Why would you buy such a terrible thing? Better to get a better fighting game like Naruto 2 or Dragon Ball z Raging Blast 2
  13. Oct 28, 2010
    awesome game, plenty of choices and move sets, great caf, fun career mode. between this an undisputed its a fantastic debut effort from ea. the roster is filled with great fighters and even if you dont know them that's an unfair way to judge this game. go get it, its worth it.
  14. BMK
    Nov 1, 2010
    An excellent game for fans of Mixed Martial Arts and sports games in general. The gameplay is more intricate and technical than previous MMA games and, thus far, EA MMA is the closest gaming has come to successfully approximating the complexities of Mixed Martial Arts. That said, gamers looking to mash buttons and simply brawl might want to look elsewhere...

The online gameplay is smooth

The online gameplay is smooth and easy to navigate - the only downside being that there is not a matchmaking filter of some kind, and thus relatively inexperienced players with only a fight or two can be matched up against experienced players with well over 100 fights. For this reason, career mode is a good place to learn and refine your ground and stand up technique before venturing into the highly competitive online mode. All in all a fun and sophisticated sports gaming experience that definitely raises the bar for MMA video games.
  15. Nov 7, 2010
    Being a longtime MMA Fan I have owned quite a few MMA games (UFC Tapout 1 & 2 & The Wild Rings on Xbox, Undisputed 2009, Undisputed 2010 on PS3) while each game had its own strengths and UFC 2009 and 2010 offerings are very well rounded (although the first patch for 2010 ruined it IMHO) none of them ever felt truly great.

EA Sports MMA Is very close to being great. It has all the

EA Sports MMA Is very close to being great. It has all the brilliant career mode options & "minigames" of UFC Tapout 1 and 2 with the varied fight venues, rule sets and specific limb/body/head damage of The Wild Rings with the grappling of UFC undisputed 2009 and the striking of Fight Night Round 3 all rolled into one fantastic package.

Sure you won't find many UFC fighters on the Roster, but who cares ? you can use EA game face to make a fighter that looks like you or anyone you upload a mugshot of (front & side profile photos) and with 10-15 minutes of fiddling that person is in the game. Career mode is inspiring and actually interesting. Most enjoyable is that unlike almost every other MMA game I have played fights against the AI dont end inside the first round, fights tend to go longer & be more technical as a result of how stamina & damage is implemented. Even online fights are much more technical and varied than in any other MMA game I have played.

A Fantastic game and I hope people can look past the fact that it doesnt have "Ultimate Fighting Championship" plastered all over the front because it is definitely superior to UFC Undisputed 2010 both online & offline.
  16. Jul 15, 2011
    One word: amazing. UFC 2010 vs EA Sports MMA? The only winner is EA Sports MMA. Online is great and story mode is even greater. I love the ability to constantly update your roster by downloading new fighters online.
  17. Mar 16, 2012
    This game even blows the UFC 3 game away.
    This is closest to how MMA functions.
    UFC3 even tried to copy the submission system, but failed hard.
    A real shame there is no sequel, this team really understood MMA.

1. It's also a problem that punches and kicks don't usually feel as powerful as you'd like. In Fight Night haymakers sounded like truck accidents. Here they kind of feel like slightly over-zealous high-fives. [January 2011 p75]
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    EA Sports MMA is a game that captures the intensity of martial arts fights.
    What is not forbidden is allowed – that is the only rule you need to know in this bone-breaking fighting game. User friendly controls and overall accessibility are spoiled by the lack of atmosphere and stupid AI. [Issue#197]