7.3

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Words can't explain how awesome this game is! I liked 2017, Insect Armageddon was good but wasn't as good as 2017. 2025 surpasses them both in every way. There are over 85 levels too; more than most shooters this gen.
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    OK just so you understand this correctly, the game is a bunch of insects that have come to destroy civilization as we know it. The graphics are OK, the music is good. The controls are great and the plot is hilarious. You have to play it.
  3. Feb 19, 2014
    Any game reviewer who does not see the beauty of this game is bad at their job and probably dead inside. EDF 2025 is everything good about EDF 2017 updated with the few good elements of Insect Armageddon. If you do not like mayhem and endless hours of a game that is actually fun to play with real life human friends this is not the game for you, but you might have a future writing knee jerk bad reviews of a game you probably played for less than an hour. Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2014
    Earth Defense Force 2025 is like a weird mixture of various Monster Attack movies such as Godzilla Final Wars (complete with human combatants with sick skills and weaponry) and arcade action-y titles like Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Dynasty Warriors where your clear goal is achieve your objective and murder all the various hoards of enemies that will come to stop you from doing the "life thing" people seem to enjoy these days.
    You can control one of the 4 available classes (Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider, and Fencer), each one with their own perks and load-outs, and you proceed through cities, forests, underground tunnels, beaches, etc. and kill everything that doesn't look like you and are normally 5-20X your own size. The enemies in the game become more and more ridiculous the further you get into it, and since your starting enemies are giant ants, that's saying something (slight spoiler: at some points you are fighting against enemies almost big and numerous enough to completely block out the skybox).
    There is a 2-Player Local Coop and 4-Player Online CooP with various weapons designed for use with other player such as health and stat boosts. (I sadly haven't gotten around to testing this, so no comment on how well it works)
    The amount of weapon pick-up in the game is massive. There's no sharing weapons between classes as well, so each player would have a completely different selection to choose from to handle the various situations that EDF2025 will put you in to, from Snipers Rifles, Shot Guns, Turrets, Mechas, Helicopters, Giant Shockwave Hammers, Gatling Guns, Even Bigger Shockwave Hammers, a large red 1-use missile on a small shoulder-rest of some sort, Plasma Rifles, Rocket Launchers, more Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, a Super Soaker filled with sweet sweet healing goo, etc... the variety of the weapons is so large that my mouth was floor after many MANY hours of play, I had just received an Achievement for just getting "10% of Weapons."
    If I had to criticize anything in this game, it's the graphical fidelity and the frame-drops. The limited visuals is a bit of a bummer, but not game-breaking for me... the frame-rate droppage on the other hand will annoy a lot of people. Sometimes the chaos is so thick that your game will tank for up to 20-30 seconds before enemy bodies and destroyed buildings starts disappearing from the screen allowing you to continue having fun.

Even despite these problems, EDF2025 is currently one of my favorite games to be released (in the US) this year.

1. Apr 9, 2014
    EDF has never been quite as spectacular, nor as charmingly wonky, as this. [Issue#146, p.121]
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    However bad it gets it's never an enraging experience. [May 2014, p.78]
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    As a pitch, EDF2025 sounds like buckets of fun. But once the novelty inherent to the concept wears off, EDF2025 is boring, and it long outstays its welcome.