5.8

1. D.G
    May 5, 2009
    Sure it never blew my mind away or it never really made me go Wow! But what it did was made me smile. The game has such a light hearted feeling to it that its hard not to fall for its charm. I didn't find myself really hating any of the characters and I thought the battle system felt fresh. It not change your life but it'll make it alittle better. Just give it a try. For any RPG Sure it never blew my mind away or it never really made me go Wow! But what it did was made me smile. The game has such a light hearted feeling to it that its hard not to fall for its charm. I didn't find myself really hating any of the characters and I thought the battle system felt fresh. It not change your life but it'll make it alittle better. Just give it a try. For any RPG fan, its worth a look. Its not as epic as the FF series but thats fine. It doesn't need it. Expand
  2. May 1, 2012
    Enchanted Arms exeeded all my expectations. I agree the first hour of this game was boring and not representative of how the game will be. Luckely the gay character won't be in your party for long, his voiceset was awfull. But all the other characters have very good voices in English. I'm having no problems making time to complete this game, having much fun with it. The storyline is veryEnchanted Arms exeeded all my expectations. I agree the first hour of this game was boring and not representative of how the game will be. Luckely the gay character won't be in your party for long, his voiceset was awfull. But all the other characters have very good voices in English. I'm having no problems making time to complete this game, having much fun with it. The storyline is very well done, the golems all look good and have their unique voice sets. The game is as liniar as FF13 but in this game I don't mind that much. The music is very well done as well. The battles are not as strategical as FF Tactics but still offer nice strategy to be thought out while doing them. For the price you can buy this game at the moment I'll recommend every RPG lover to try it out and make it through the first boring hour. But then when the game kicks in you'll love it. 8/10 for this game for me. Expand
  3. Jack
    Apr 5, 2008
    The game is really not bad per se, but it wears thin after a few hours of play. The random encounters happen about every 1-2 minutes and gets extremely tedious at the best of times. Overall the graphics are not impressive and the sound is very poor, especially the fight track which seems to be a 16-bar music piece which gets repeated over and over. This plays with every random battle, so The game is really not bad per se, but it wears thin after a few hours of play. The random encounters happen about every 1-2 minutes and gets extremely tedious at the best of times. Overall the graphics are not impressive and the sound is very poor, especially the fight track which seems to be a 16-bar music piece which gets repeated over and over. This plays with every random battle, so you are stuck listening to it every 2 minutes or so... VERY VERY annoying. Oh yeah and the dancing is really really lame! Expand
  4. Brax
    May 18, 2007
    Sure it may not be the most innovative RPG but it is still great to play through, and the story is excellent and very engaging. The massive amount of characters available to fight with, and the grid battle system give it a feel like Final Fantasy Tactics.
  5. D/-\\/\//\/3R
    Mar 14, 2009
    It was an excellant srory, it had good graphics, loads of creatures you could play as and beautiful scenery.There are such cool bonusses and there is SOOOO much freedom (theres a nice big map to look around and explore) and lots of choice. buy it and you wont be disapointed!!!
  6. DonM.
    Jan 10, 2008
    This is a Turn Based game, not the type of RPG you would normally expect. Although the game comes with a good story-line and entertaining characters, the fighting is really uneventful due to the turn base system. This type of fighting is unrealistic and taking the time to setup each battle is boring while switching to automatic battle seems pointless.
  7. MoneyD
    Dec 17, 2008
    The only thing worthwhile in the game is seeing the cutscenes. THAT"S IT! Everthing else will bore you... I only played this at night when I was ready to fall asleep.
  8. Dec 16, 2012
    I hate this game. possibly the worst I own. The combat is boring the characters annoying and the story terrible do not buy this game unless you are a serious fan of grid based battles.
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    A rather generic JRPG with some potential. Graphics are by far the worst I've seen of this generation, the story is cheesy and the voice acting is awful. Yet the combat is fun (thought somewhat repetitive) and the game has a certain charm. It's worth checking out, but don't expect a great adventure.

1. For the first 75% of the title, EM is pretty close to being the easiest rpg ever made. This is probably because the title was created as an entry-level Japanese rpg for western Xbox fans. Only during the final 25% of the game does the game actually require strategy. [JPN Import]
  2. Combines lovely visuals and irritating characters to create an uninspiring romp. The strong story is limited by genre fail-safes while the combat is suitably tactical. [Apr 2007, p.131]
    There's nothing here that stands out. You've done it all before.