5.5

1. May 1, 2012
    Enchanted Arms exeeded all my expectations. I agree the first hour of this game was boring and not representative of how the game will be. Luckely the gay character won't be in your party for long, his voiceset was awfull. But all the other characters have very good voices in English. I'm having no problems making time to complete this game, having much fun with it. The storyline is very well done, the golems all look good and have their unique voice sets. The game is as liniar as FF13 but in this game I don't mind that much. The music is very well done as well. The battles are not as strategical as FF Tactics but still offer nice strategy to be thought out while doing them. For the price you can buy this game at the moment I'll recommend every RPG lover to try it out and make it through the first boring hour. But then when the game kicks in you'll love it. 8/10 for this game for me. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    A rather generic JRPG with some potential. Graphics are by far the worst I've seen of this generation, the story is cheesy and the voice acting is awful. Yet the combat is fun (thought somewhat repetitive) and the game has a certain charm. It's worth checking out, but don't expect a great adventure.
  3. Dec 16, 2012
    I hate this game. possibly the worst I own. The combat is boring the characters annoying and the story terrible do not buy this game unless you are a serious fan of grid based battles.

1. For the first 75% of the title, EM is pretty close to being the easiest rpg ever made. This is probably because the title was created as an entry-level Japanese rpg for western Xbox fans. Only during the final 25% of the game does the game actually require strategy. [JPN Import]
  2. Combines lovely visuals and irritating characters to create an uninspiring romp. The strong story is limited by genre fail-safes while the combat is suitably tactical. [Apr 2007, p.131]
    There's nothing here that stands out. You've done it all before.