7.5

1. Jun 5, 2012
    The frame rate is dismal. Anything I type beyond this point doesn't really matter simply because of this fact. How can a game be enjoyable with 10 FPS and screen tearing unless it's a game of chess? To quote a certain game reviewer God: "What were they thinking??" Does Ninja Theory even have a QA department? Haven't they actually playtested this with people who aren't completely blind toThe frame rate is dismal. Anything I type beyond this point doesn't really matter simply because of this fact. How can a game be enjoyable with 10 FPS and screen tearing unless it's a game of chess? To quote a certain game reviewer God: "What were they thinking??" Does Ninja Theory even have a QA department? Haven't they actually playtested this with people who aren't completely blind to low FPS and screen tearing? They should hang their heads in shame like a Japanese company that screwed up. And truely feel the shame. What maybe is even more disappointing about this game on PS3 is the fact the game itself is quite enjoyable if you like to smash metal enemies with a stick. Sure it's linear, and it holds your hand with the underlying idea gamers have no conscious thought processes to guide them to make the right decisions in games, but if you look past all the modern obstacles of these "games" where cutscenes seem to be more important than real. actual. gameplay. (I'm looking at you, MGS 4!) , this game has some nice popcorn value by mindlessly slicing through mobs as you would in an MMO or Conan / GoW / Heavenly Sword clone. Also riding on "the cloud" gives you a brief moment of freedom, that is, until you die from moving too far out thanks to that infernal headband. But we knew this from the title and chapter 2 cutscene: you're enslaved.

Pick this game up if you own an Xbox 360, or if you can find it for $5 in a bargain bin for PS3. In case of the PS3 port, it simply isn't worth more.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    this game tries to copy uncharted's climbing and god of war's combat but it fails horribly. This game suffers from really clunky, late-responsiding controls and alot of framerate issues. Do not buy this piece of garbage.
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    Enslaved is a game that trades solely on its looks. Unable to give their games mechanical depth, Ninja Theory hide the lack of quality in their games through well-acted (though poorly written) cutscenes and desperately hope they don't choke the console running them as bad as the gameplay does. The performance on PS3 is absolutely terrible, but fortunately there's nothing to the game, soEnslaved is a game that trades solely on its looks. Unable to give their games mechanical depth, Ninja Theory hide the lack of quality in their games through well-acted (though poorly written) cutscenes and desperately hope they don't choke the console running them as bad as the gameplay does. The performance on PS3 is absolutely terrible, but fortunately there's nothing to the game, so outside of horrendously designed combat scenarios that cause the framerate to drop into single digits, you won't be in real danger, even when Monkey takes forever to respond to button presses. The story is also totally worthless; your suspension of disbelief will have been thoroughly shattered by the end of the tutorial section, then savagely beaten across the subsequent chapters. There is simply no compelling reason to buy this game. Expand
  4. Sep 22, 2011
    I just have to submit my review for this game because I had such a terrible experience with it (PS3 version). First off are the technical problems. This game's frame ate hovers down to the 10fps - 15fps range most of the time, even when nothing crazy is going onscreen. But add in the horrendous screen tearing, and my head was aching within minutes. I found myself frustrated and irritableI just have to submit my review for this game because I had such a terrible experience with it (PS3 version). First off are the technical problems. This game's frame ate hovers down to the 10fps - 15fps range most of the time, even when nothing crazy is going onscreen. But add in the horrendous screen tearing, and my head was aching within minutes. I found myself frustrated and irritable after every session! I literally forced myself to finish this game just so i can sell it online, get my money back and rid myself of it.

Second is the gameplay. The fighting aspect of it is brainless, but that's okay. The biggest flaw is the platforming. It is literally on rails. You cannot fall to your death in this game, you can probably play it with your eyes closed. There is no challenge, and therefore it isn't fun.

Lastly, the ending. I won't spoil it, but it just went WTF at the end. The game started out great, I admit I cared about Trip and Monkey, but the story went nowhere. Andy Serkis' real life ugly mug is on this game, like the developers ran out of time or budget to create a character and instead just saved a couple of Serkis' pics off of Facebook and used it in game. This game really sucks.
  5. Jan 25, 2011
    How can a game like this one get a green Review score?? Framerate issues on the ps3 are seriously awful. I saw some reviews and thought this game is good, but this is no game its a freaking frameshow.

Gameplay is like Assassins Creed, fighting,plattforming, thats it? Oh yah I forgot Monkey got a hoverboard sometimes...

Positive: Story is good. Characters are cool.
  6. Nov 21, 2010
    All flash and no substance when it comes to game play. A few years ago we were discussing if graphics would become more popular than game play and here it is. This game held my hand in a sad way. It was way to easy yet you had to stand at the perfect spot at times to move on. The fight scenes looked cool but was way too easy. Dull and repetitive. The characters were shallow andAll flash and no substance when it comes to game play. A few years ago we were discussing if graphics would become more popular than game play and here it is. This game held my hand in a sad way. It was way to easy yet you had to stand at the perfect spot at times to move on. The fight scenes looked cool but was way too easy. Dull and repetitive. The characters were shallow and annoying. Ninja Theory should stick to what they really want to do and create movies. Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2010
    This is the worst game I've played on PS3 to date. The graphics are fine, but the gameplay is nonexistent. Even as a button masher you can't lose. Button timing is oddly placed and non-addictive. Cutscene finisher appear in the middle of the action. The story is sexist and emasculating where a woman traps an animalistic, demonized man. I would not purchase or play this game for any reason.

1. Jan 16, 2011
    Enslaved is scoring with its motivating story, the good graphics and the enjoyable, but not challenging climbing passages. Sadly, the fights are unvaried and there is no multiplayer.
  2. Dec 19, 2010
    If you're looking for a game that offers all the amazing things I've spent the last handful of paragraphs gushing over as well as one of the most interesting and original stories in a game this year, Enslaved won't disappoint.
  3. Dec 19, 2010
    Enslaved: Journey to the West is definitely a contender for game of the year.