• Publisher: SCEA
  • Also On: PC
7.3

1. AndtrewH
    Feb 15, 2008
    I too was a little surprised at how the game feels. The idea is good, but I was left feeling a little robbed. I know this game was made by 1 guy, but it feels cheap, and unresponsive to a point, as a previous comment suggests. The firing is not a pure 360 degrees but is only 8 directions N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW. This is frustrating. I don't know what I expected but after getting I too was a little surprised at how the game feels. The idea is good, but I was left feeling a little robbed. I know this game was made by 1 guy, but it feels cheap, and unresponsive to a point, as a previous comment suggests. The firing is not a pure 360 degrees but is only 8 directions N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW. This is frustrating. I don't know what I expected but after getting hooked on Super Stardust HD, I cannot see the same happening for EDS. I expect i might rate if differently if I had played it when it was released in US (not 5 months later - Europe release), cos there was far less choice of alternatives, but now, as far as re-playability goes, Stardust wins hands down. Mainly due to the online scoreboards of Stardust, and EDS's lack thereof. Expand

Even those that aren't particularly fond of the genre may enjoy this title, given its unique design and execution. While the game does have its problems, it's still very fun to play.
    Though the sometimes frustrating difficulty and occasional pacing misstep taint the experience slightly (it would be nice to have longer moments of respite between the busier levels), Everyday Shooter succeeds wildly as an engaging shooter for the art-house crowd, and a creative change of pace for the hardcore-shooter crowd.
  3. Everyday Shooter is an intensely creative and challenging take on the dual-stick shooter genre.