7.1

1. Nov 5, 2011
    F1 2011 is a very mixed bag. There are a whole host of improvements to career including safety cars, punctures, minor reliability issues, KERS & DRS. The handling is less punishing - you can actually attack the kerbs without spinning out. However there are issues. Halfway through my first season with Force India I am told I am expected to win the race - totally unrealistic. The realF1 2011 is a very mixed bag. There are a whole host of improvements to career including safety cars, punctures, minor reliability issues, KERS & DRS. The handling is less punishing - you can actually attack the kerbs without spinning out. However there are issues. Halfway through my first season with Force India I am told I am expected to win the race - totally unrealistic. The real problems come when you go online. The lobby system is poor being dominated by games already in progress that you can join but not take part in. Frequent dropped connections even when you are host. Horrible lag causing multiple crashes. Loss of position tracking - game tells you that you are in first until final lap when suddenly you are 5th without being overtaken. When behind the safety car you get a drive through penalty for an illegal overtake even though you didn't overtake anyone. Then you serve your drive through penalty only to be told on the next lap you must serve the penalty again or be disqualified! Unless Codemasters fix these issues I wont be buying any future versions. Releasing the game with a semi-broken multiplayer is no way to treat F1 fans. This is even more annoying because when it does work (about 50% of the time) multiplayer is a lot of fun. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    Based on the PS3 version and a few hours play, I'm disappointed. For the most part, the graphics appear to have got worse; they look too bright and cartoony. The handling is very different, although I accept this may just be a learning curve. The dynamic racing line just lies to you, and as you can't manually request a pit-stop any more, you'll be taking your chances on some circuits. I'veBased on the PS3 version and a few hours play, I'm disappointed. For the most part, the graphics appear to have got worse; they look too bright and cartoony. The handling is very different, although I accept this may just be a learning curve. The dynamic racing line just lies to you, and as you can't manually request a pit-stop any more, you'll be taking your chances on some circuits. I've also had weird noises (not associated with a fault on the car etc) appear, hang around for a very annoying minute or so, then disappear.

I was excited for this release, but I can't describe it as anything other than 'meh' now.
  3. Sep 24, 2011
    Beware! if you are a serious driver ,like myself. And you hated the chaos going on ONLINE in F1 2010.. Then your problems aren't over. Everything is still here: Chaos at the start, Unfair Penalty's , unfair XP loss, Colissions everywhere etc. Nobody seems to drive normal and think its destruction derby or something Its just chaos all over the place.. I'm just talking about the online modeBeware! if you are a serious driver ,like myself. And you hated the chaos going on ONLINE in F1 2010.. Then your problems aren't over. Everything is still here: Chaos at the start, Unfair Penalty's , unfair XP loss, Colissions everywhere etc. Nobody seems to drive normal and think its destruction derby or something Its just chaos all over the place.. I'm just talking about the online mode here , the rest is not really different from last year ( Besides DRS, KERS and safety car ) The graphics are the same to ( i think sometimes they look worse then last year ) Overall its still a good game , but i hope they will do something about the online CHAOS soon .. Expand
  4. Oct 1, 2011
    Gameplay Overall 9/10

Handling 9/10 Strategy 9/10 AI 7/10 Single Player Career 8/10 Multiplayer 7/10 A big step up here from F1 2010 massively fun to play but unfortunately ruined on PS3 by... Graphics Overall 4/10 Textures 4/10 Antialiasing 0/10 Anisotropic filtering 0/10 Frame rate 6/10 Car models 9/10 Track details 8/10 Lighting 9/10 Weather 9/10 The graphical issues are entirely
    Gameplay Overall 9/10

Car models 9/10
    Track details 8/10
    Lighting 9/10
    Weather 9/10

The graphical issues are entirely limited to the PS3 release, and could all be fixed if CM put enough resources into it. The frame rate is very poor, makes it incredibly difficult to be consistent and smooth, and the poor textures and zero antialiasing make everything on screen in middle to far distance a complete mess.

Until it's patched I can't recommend the PS3 version at all.
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    Very good game. Really felt the speed and the handling seems good. The learning curve is too high though and maybe the game is too realistic in terms of physics. What I mean is that you start spinning too soon and also it's too difficult to pass another car without penalty. I had fun though and on easy difficulty it was even possible for me to win enough races.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    F1 2011 is a great game for virtual driving veterans, but it is often frustrating for players like me, who enjoy racing games but aren't the best at it. I find that in Career mode, it is too hard to complete objectives and level up, which enables you to receive contract offers from higher teams. I was looking forward to the Safety Car, but I haven't experienced one yet, because there areF1 2011 is a great game for virtual driving veterans, but it is often frustrating for players like me, who enjoy racing games but aren't the best at it. I find that in Career mode, it is too hard to complete objectives and level up, which enables you to receive contract offers from higher teams. I was looking forward to the Safety Car, but I haven't experienced one yet, because there are few crashes which only involve the AI drivers. On most tracks, the setup is key, which is annoying for drivers like me who are clueless when it comes to adjusting the camber.
    Multiplayer is an equally frustrating experience, purely due to the fact that so many people forget that there is a first corner and smash you off the track. The penalty system is a failure, and I have been penalised many times for being on the receiving end of a crash. The XP system confuses me, and ranking up is a lottery, since normally winning a race is down to pure luck.

1. Nov 18, 2011
    A lack of sustained excitement and some truly horrendous graphics hold back all the good work. [Issue#211, p.93]
  2. Nov 7, 2011
    The big reason to upgrade to this year's version would easily be the online career mode, but otherwise there isn't a whole ton that was really changed, besides polish. All in all, it is still the best F1 game to date and does out do F1 2010.
  3. This years model. F1 2011, improves on last years's game in almost every way: qualifying is real, pitting works, and the handling no longer feels ripped from the Dirt series. [Dec 2011, p.68]