6.3

1. Oct 24, 2013
    While im not a great fan of yearly releases, I agree with the ClevernameX in saying that this is the best so far. The improvements as far im concerned are where it matters the most and that's on the track. The Ai is much improved with them attacking you more, the handling is better you need a bit more finesse when accelerating now or you will suffer wheel spin which in turn effects yourWhile im not a great fan of yearly releases, I agree with the ClevernameX in saying that this is the best so far. The improvements as far im concerned are where it matters the most and that's on the track. The Ai is much improved with them attacking you more, the handling is better you need a bit more finesse when accelerating now or you will suffer wheel spin which in turn effects your tyres.

Speaking of which tyre management is crucial now go of the track or spin and you will degrade your tyres leading to all sorts of problems later in the race. Fuel management is important as well, you will at some point need to conserve fuel in order to get through the race, makes for much better racing.

R&D is improved as well with the upgrades really making a difference to the car. There is a nice learning curve about the game, seems to be less bugs this year as well

All in all definitely worth a buy. A much better job by Codemasters
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    first of all, it's extremely addictive. very good visuals, polished gameplay. it's extremely hard if you increase the difficulty. it's the best F1 game i've played & one should most definitely try it.
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    F1 2013 is the best in Codemasters' F1 franchise. The team at Codemasters Birmingham
    should be proud of what they have achieved yet again. Sure it's not perfect, but the game
    makes small but noticeable steps forward. Tyre management and strategy elements make racing on any distance thrilling, as does the improved AI and weather system, whilst new classic content and other modes add new
    classic content and other modes add new depth never before experienced in Formula One
    games. The handling model is incredibly thrilling and satisfying. It's the best it's even been
    by a significant margin. Don't listen to all the negativity, while there are still a few problems,
    they have been blown way out of proportion and as a massive Formula One fan myself, I
    assure you that you will enjoy this game more than any other Formula One game before
  4. Oct 23, 2013
    While I wasn't thrilled that codemasters decided to charge more money for content that was already complete, F1 2013, in my opinion is the best in the series. I for one can't tell you if this is a simulation of F1 or not, I have never driven an F1 car, but the steep learning curve of the previous games thankfully returns. The classic content is a nice addition, the classic cars are hard toWhile I wasn't thrilled that codemasters decided to charge more money for content that was already complete, F1 2013, in my opinion is the best in the series. I for one can't tell you if this is a simulation of F1 or not, I have never driven an F1 car, but the steep learning curve of the previous games thankfully returns. The classic content is a nice addition, the classic cars are hard to tame but absolutely a thrill to drive, which in the end makes you long for an 80's Mclaren even more. The core game seems much more responsive, I felt the controls in 2010 were to twitchy, and in 2012 they were slightly unresponsive. F1 2013 gave me a feeling of more control. The AI is improved, and they get into more race incidents than in previous games, which makes me feel better about my less then stellar driving. Blah blah if you are a fan of this series you probably have the game already, if you are someone looking for a challenging but rewarding racing game, this is it.

5. Sep 16, 2014
    The 2013 rendition is as good as its predecessors and is a game well worth purchasing if you are a fan of the sport and have enjoyed the 2012 and 2011 versions of the game, but do not expect all that much variation on those titles (except the classic cars/tracks). It is a very solid game worthy of a 9, but has minor, yet manageable issues that make the game quite difficult (notably theThe 2013 rendition is as good as its predecessors and is a game well worth purchasing if you are a fan of the sport and have enjoyed the 2012 and 2011 versions of the game, but do not expect all that much variation on those titles (except the classic cars/tracks). It is a very solid game worthy of a 9, but has minor, yet manageable issues that make the game quite difficult (notably the tire wear which is extremely difficult to manage, or at least it has been for me). The AI prove quite a decent challenge with the difficulty raised with this tire wear challenge, where you need to be much more consistent and strategic compared to earlier releases. Expand

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Codemasters continues to deliver solid sequels that take small steps forward. The races and challenges are as rewarding here as ever but the classic mode is far too hollow to make a larger impression. F1 2013 is otherwise a solid and stuffed racing game but with little to offer owners of last years model.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    The new game is stuck in the same artless quandary as far too many annual series updates. [Issue#141, p.113]
  3. There's definitely fun to be had here for the F1 faithful, but we can't shake the feeling that Codies is taking the foot off in preparation for the inevitable next-gen follow-up. [December 2013, p79]