Fallout: New Vegas PlayStation 3

7.8

1. Oct 21, 2010
    im a huge fan of theese open world RPG's . i loved morrowind , fallout 3 and oblivion . this game at its core is a good game but its not as good as the other 3 for varous reasons . this game right off the start was rushed its so obvous not just because its buggier and glitchier then even morrowind was .the game frezing up every 2 hours , quests getting glitched , guns not regestering theim a huge fan of theese open world RPG's . i loved morrowind , fallout 3 and oblivion . this game at its core is a good game but its not as good as the other 3 for varous reasons . this game right off the start was rushed its so obvous not just because its buggier and glitchier then even morrowind was .the game frezing up every 2 hours , quests getting glitched , guns not regestering the ammo you have . i mean you could have 400 rounds for that gun and it will even tell you that in the pipboy wepon section but when you equip the wepon it will have 0 , people falling into the ground , people flying up into the sky , enimys popping out of no where , enimys just vanishing in the middle of a fight , vats system wont work some times , cant access the pipboy some times . i mean it just goes on and on im sure ive only seen the tip of the iceburg in all this crap. then one of my biggest complaint is exploration just isnt as fun . in the other the games places you could explore could take you some time to go through and explore a building or cave like 30 min to a hour. now its more like 2-5 min cause almost every random place you enter to check out is so rinky dinky there is just no real excitement . this game was deffinitly released way to soon . it deffinitly needed another 12-18 months to expand the size of places to explore and deffinitly work out the bugs . the story is ok . for the most part its starts off as a revenge story trying to find the man that tried to kill you and of course gets abit more complicated although some of it feels recycled from fallout 3. the lvl cap now starts at 30 instead of 20 which is nice. the new perks are just lame they removed almost all the good ones and added ones that arnt "whats the best one to pick?" its more like " which one sucks less?" i guess this was a attempt to make the game more diffucult but it was a fail in my book they added a hardcore diffuculty setting. they didnt need to nerf the good perks from the old fallout 3 game. the graphics are pretty much the exact same ones from fallout 3 which is fine by me . they did add abunch of new enimys but some dont make sense for the power they have like the ubber moth ... its a freekin moth how the hell is it killin me in 2 hits??? you think you are fightin a 20 foot tall dragon with the way it hits. there are some newer wepons and the new crafting system is neat . along with new ways to custimise wepons . i hesitate to give this game a 7 i feel like i almost should give it a 6 . like i said the core game is hear and it is fun but thoose damn bugs and glitches make it hard to go higher then a 7 and no one should be giving this game a 10 i dont give a damn how much you like it . its just inexcusable for this many problems to be had in a released game . there is no way that a good chunck of theese will be solved for atleast 3 months and will more likely be 6 months to a year . i would like to try this on hardcore but theres no way im gona run through this game again until the bulk of the bugs and glitches have been resolved. Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2011
    This is not a new Fallout game. I would call this more of an expansion to fallout 3. Hell I think this would barely pass as a DLC. It's crazy that a company would think this game was ok to be released. Fixing games with DLC should not become the rule.
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    Better then Fallout 3 in terms of choses and story. Somehow the world felt a bit less interesting though.
    The worst problem however is the glitches and freezes and bugs. It was still playable but I never had any problems with Fallout 3.
  4. May 18, 2012
    loved this game. never really played rpg games, but I will look foward to the next fallout, because this game was addicting, time consuming, and entertaining. Definately worth buying, gamers will not regret it.
  5. Mar 12, 2011
    A fantastic game which I loved more than Fallout 3.However it's as glitchy as hell and if you can be patient with it,it will reward you.The graphics are the same as the previous game though the envrionment itself is better.A good story overall with plenty of things to do.I highly recommend it.
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    this is an awesome game. the graphics are not amazing and its really buggy at times, but the story is interesting enough to make me feel that I am playing with a purpose, the mechanics aren't great but are acceptable, the world is huge and is worth exploring every to every inch filled with bizarre and dangerous creatures and characters. This game actually makes you interested in learningthis is an awesome game. the graphics are not amazing and its really buggy at times, but the story is interesting enough to make me feel that I am playing with a purpose, the mechanics aren't great but are acceptable, the world is huge and is worth exploring every to every inch filled with bizarre and dangerous creatures and characters. This game actually makes you interested in learning about the politics of the world, which has a lot to do with the story of the game. your decisions made an impact in the game but not quite enough to make you regret anything really. scavenging for food and weapons is a lot of fun and is part of what makes this game unique. most of the quests are fun but some are boring and don't feel worth doing. basicly, this is a great game that suffers from many minor issues that aren't big enough to make the game frustrating but could have definitely resulted in a better experience without them Expand
  7. May 13, 2013
    Fallout New Vegas is a game that you will enjoy if you're a fan of the previous game, but the story is definitely weaker, the graphics are showing their age and there is nothing new in terms of gameplay. However, if you did enjoy Fallout 3 you should definitely at least get this one pre-owned
  8. Oct 19, 2010
    I love everything about fallout 3 but this game does not get a free pass to a high rating. The fact of the matter is this game has so many bugs it does not score more than four. Nice try, but a name similar to another game isn't how ratings work. Fix the bugs and it gets a higher score. My vote is not for the genre or the franchise but this game as a single entity. I personally give thisI love everything about fallout 3 but this game does not get a free pass to a high rating. The fact of the matter is this game has so many bugs it does not score more than four. Nice try, but a name similar to another game isn't how ratings work. Fix the bugs and it gets a higher score. My vote is not for the genre or the franchise but this game as a single entity. I personally give this game a four, a very low score because simply put I find the game broken. My personality type has no patience to replay an area over again until it works. Its mystical the first time and I only want to experience it once. Bugs or glitches that require a reload ruin the game to the point that I'm not interested in it at all. With 3 systems and at least 500 games on each there are regretfully better choices and Fallout New Vegas is close enough to Fallout 3 you may as well just stay put with Fallout 3 and spare yourself the headaches of wishing Fallout New Vegas didn't have the problems it has. As I mentioned nice try, I like the Fallout franchise but as with anything in life you have to earn a reputation and a game full of bugs and problems is a game full of bugs and problems even if it is Fallout 3 based Expand
  9. Mar 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i loved fallout 3 and preordered this game and even to this day i play it because it is just that good but be warned this game has many bugs and will make you get angry at points for sure with the game freezing on you or faling through the ground and having to load from the last time you saved but if you look past the bugs and at the game itself and tough it out you will have a blast with this game because as i have said i have had it 4 a couple of months now and i still play it loads. now that i have warned you about the bad ill start talking about the good. first off there is way more to do in this game than in fallout 3 with more quests and many different ways to end the game and the map did get a little smaller but it still a massive area. Also there are many things that they improved on with this game from the previous game like actually being able to look down the sight of the gun being able to decide the fate of the wasteland and at the end instead of it always being the same ending it is different every time depending on whose side you pick regarding the main story line but they also added the fact that the main cities and groups fates at the end also differ depending on how you interacted with them. this game promises a good time as long as you are patient with it and is a must buy Expand
  10. Mar 4, 2012
    this game is better then fallout 3 the map is bigger there are more weapons they added factions iron sights and more towns the only problem with this game is it crashes alot still and it is ran on the same engine as it did last time which makes it feel like a huge dlc but still the best game in the fallout series
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    for what was a very creative and fun game series, fallout NV and 3 set an all time low. Sure, fallout 3 and NV pulled the series to 3d and open, and i admit it was kind of fun, but that fun was ruined by the major bugs, freezes, glitches and crashes i experienced on my copy. it happened on my PC,ps3 and 360 copies so its not my system. This is a very crap game that does not deserve afor what was a very creative and fun game series, fallout NV and 3 set an all time low. Sure, fallout 3 and NV pulled the series to 3d and open, and i admit it was kind of fun, but that fun was ruined by the major bugs, freezes, glitches and crashes i experienced on my copy. it happened on my PC,ps3 and 360 copies so its not my system. This is a very crap game that does not deserve a sequel. If 4 gets made, it must not be developed by obsidian and not use that crap gamebryo engine. I cant even tell you how bad the DLC makes it. Its unplayable after 3 hours gameplay. its like it purposly freezes to tick you off! Expand
  12. Nov 3, 2010
    In spite of being rather familiar, Fallout New Vegas provides steady improvements that make an experience that whilst unreasonably buggy at times-manages to retain all the love that fallout 3 had carried. This isn't up to Fallout 3's standars but provides enough reason for any fan who wants to break the ban in all the casinos that new vegas offers.
  13. Oct 22, 2010
    Fallout New Vegas is a good game, but it's definitely not a perfect one. Building on Fallout 3 some good new ideas were added by Obsidian however constant freezes and familiar Fallout 3 bugs plague this gem. About 10 hours in I had gotten the bug where the gun does not stop shooting. Being able to mod weapons is probably one of the better new features although I would have liked to seeFallout New Vegas is a good game, but it's definitely not a perfect one. Building on Fallout 3 some good new ideas were added by Obsidian however constant freezes and familiar Fallout 3 bugs plague this gem. About 10 hours in I had gotten the bug where the gun does not stop shooting. Being able to mod weapons is probably one of the better new features although I would have liked to see more weapon mods in the game. Story is okay multiple choices make it a much more interesting way of playing the game. There is also a lot more to keep you occupied in New Vegas then Fallout 3 which is probably the biggest plus. All in all this is definitely a title worth owning even with the constant freezes it's certainly still playable and enjoyable. Expand
  14. Jan 10, 2015
    Fallout: New Vegas

Game-play:I could say that the game-play mechanics are very good the game is difficult but also very fun.The stop time target mechanic gives a strategic element in the game that i did not like much but i am ok with it. Story:The story is like every other fallout game there is also no story but you make your own in the wasteland. Graphics:Very good graphics i
    Fallout: New Vegas

Graphics:Very good graphics i like them a lot.

Notes:There is a lot of weapons and armors in the game but little character options on how you look i recommend this game to any rpg or shooter fan. this game is a good game to have in your collection.
  15. Dec 11, 2011
    It's not as good as fallout 3, but still a decent game. The game is fairly buggy, but it works. Graphics are decent as per the usual. As short as the main quest was in fallout 3, this one takes that title by far. The map is not as big, and there aren't as many quests as the former game had. Still a fun game, and new vegas is an interesting change of pace from the desolate wastes of theIt's not as good as fallout 3, but still a decent game. The game is fairly buggy, but it works. Graphics are decent as per the usual. As short as the main quest was in fallout 3, this one takes that title by far. The map is not as big, and there aren't as many quests as the former game had. Still a fun game, and new vegas is an interesting change of pace from the desolate wastes of the series. The faction system took a lot away from the game, as opposed to adding anything new or interesting. Customizing your weapons is a welcomed addition, as is the inclusion of iron sights. Expand
  16. Apr 9, 2012
    While not as good and atmospheric as Fallout 3, it still delivers a lot of great content to keep you playing for hours. The main story is pretty weak, but the combat and companion system have been tweaked. Worth checking out if you loved Fallout 3, but don't expect too much change in gameplay and graphics.
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    IMPROVMENT OVER FALLOUT 3!
    IMPROVMENT OVER FALLOUT 3!
    --Fallout Vegas main upgrade over fallout 3 since same engine and such similarities,,main upgrade is fine tuning all mechanics. from pip-boy to the PERKS, to the Feral Ghouls. 1/2 The Companions are excellent, the other 1/2 CRAP. Veronica is awesome, and the robot that flies ED is hands down the best because of their perks. ED HAS flawless awareness/perception and alerts to ALL nearby enemies and is a workbench etc and veronica (I forget)
    Oh and the dog becomes AMAZING. you can evenm change his brain. the dr says pick a brain. And there's a handful of dogs in the game that each have different stats. But the DOG became too good and the balancing was off.. He was killing ALL the baddies..
    ---This game has two ABSOLUTELY AMAZING DLC's..Honest Hearts goes into the ebst story of the game and That's Cesaers former #1 lieutenant The Burning Man, and its set in a Arizona state park with beautiful red mountains and camping grounds. awesome. And the best weapon in the game is his awesome jacked up 45 automatic pistol..
    -The other awesome DLC was OLD WORLD BLUES. I found myself had stopped forwarding the plot in OLD WORLD BLUES and everynight I would do a coupl laps around the whole map Sniping and hunting for loot and repeat. It was set up soo perfect,,and the best sniper rifle in the game is in OWB--Christinas sniper its called. Its silenced and powerful. not .50 cal powewrful, but kills most in 1 shot, and every head shot is a kill, I say that basede on the higher level baddies, not a helmetless human, who every headshot is a kill...
    ---I went to buy The Force Unleashed2 that LUCKY DAY, and the clerk the store said he played Fallout Vegas all week and its addictive and he'll be playing it for another month atleast,,,but he made a great fact/point about TFU2, how fast I was gonna beats it and put it down. so true,. I bought Vegas and played it for 6 months STR8. The longest run ive had in my gaming history all the way back to the original Legend of Zelda and Metroid coming home from middle school...
    ----FACT-ANYONE who loved fallout 3 and has ANY ISSUES WITH VEGAS is nuts. the only thing better about Fallout 3 was the DJ Three-Dog and well the story was original. but it was pretty cool to go to Vegas as well..
    ---The Next Fallout game needs to leave the west coast totally and maybe goto Europe or Georgia or Texas.
    ---FACT BTW- VEGAS SURVIVED THE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST IN Fallout Vegas. I wont spoil HOW or why,, but the whole city is beautiful but dirty because theres no cleaners or window washing,,but all the hotels and casino's survived..
    --Plenty of abandoned Vaults to exlore with SUPER AWESOME STORIES of tragedy,humor, and success,.Th eone wheres the president/overseer is sacrificed after 1 year in office was soooo interesting and clever and funny. The held elections and the campaigns were opposite. don't elect me cause I steal, I top shelf my wife when I tap it, I blah blah, the goal is to not get elected...
    ----This game is in my all time top 5 with Oblivion/skyrim ArKHAM City and the greats...Get the game of the year cause the add ons are the games bread and butter...I hope I convinced atleast 1 person..
  18. Oct 26, 2010
    I don't understand the bad press for this release. It has never been touted as Fallout 4 so why the harsh criticism just because it looks almost identical to Fallout 3?

I bought this for the Xbox 360 (I normally lean towards the PS3) as I read that it was less glitchy and had slightly better graphics. Having only played it on the one system (Xbox) I can't compare ... ... but from my

... but from my experience so far (I'm 30 hours in) it has been excellent. I've had just one freeze up during a safe hack. The game has been smooth, graphically (marginally) better than FO3, sound is fantastic, voice acting as always spot on, lots to do, adult humour and themed, moments of tension with the illusion of solitude/loneliness perfectly replicated in a graphical virtual world. That's what I expect for £40.

If I'm honest, I wasn't keen on Fallout 3 and even though this does look (almost) identical, New Vegas feels like a better game. Is this feeling simply psychological? Either way, I think the game is a SOLID 9 (glitches/bugs and all). There is a huge amount to do and and with the amount of depth and layers this game has, you have to expect problems. Like the rest of us, I want my gaming experience to be perfect (hence the point loss cos New Vegas isn't perfect). If you're looking for a game that offers more than shoot, reload, shot, reload, dead, re-spawn, shoot, reload, fade to black ... then Fallout New Vegas is for you. Be warned, it will take many, many hours/days to complete this game and it has great replay value.
  19. Sep 9, 2011
    One problem I had with Fallout 3 was that it felt like a grayscale painting, the environment and atmosphere were both dull, looks pretty repetitive, plain boring. Of course that's what you'll expect to see when your world gets nuked. Anyway, New Vegas tries to deviate from the central theme of post-war survival and instead, centres its storyline around the politics of New Vegas and HooverOne problem I had with Fallout 3 was that it felt like a grayscale painting, the environment and atmosphere were both dull, looks pretty repetitive, plain boring. Of course that's what you'll expect to see when your world gets nuked. Anyway, New Vegas tries to deviate from the central theme of post-war survival and instead, centres its storyline around the politics of New Vegas and Hoover Dam. The gameplay is more or less the same, but the idea is, you'll be given a choice to work with whichever faction you wish, whether that's based on the faction's goals and objectives, or simply for your personal gains. There is a reputation system, if you help one group out, they'll like you better but this may cause adverse impact on other groups' perception of you. So choose wisely. The world is huge and there are tons to do and explore. Seeing that this is Vegas, you'll be able to gamble too. New Vegas is vibrant and is definitely a relief from the dull wasteland. Anyway, the story is not great but alright. If you loved Fallout 3, there's no reason to skip this one. Now, to the bad part... There's no real graphical/gameplay improvement from Fallout 3 but I'll try to understand that. The character creation mechanics remains primitive.But most of all, this game may win the most bugs (including game-breaking ones) in a PS3 game award. And the game always crashes!! Patches after patches the game still has them. All the time!! Argh! But despite so many bugs and crashes, I went back to my save file and play through all that again.... Why?!! Because it is Fallout, people!! If you'll be spending so much time on this huge open-world, what's an extra hour of replay? That said, I close by saying this game is highly addictive and offers much replay value. And I'm sure most of you will try to look pass the bugs and crashes because you'll be getting so much more out of New Vegas. Because war..... war never changes. Expand
  20. Jan 13, 2011
    The gameplay has Improved from Fallout 3 in every way. Aiming down scopes, a more interesting story with more meaningful moral dilemma's, a wider selection of equipment and enemies. So why has this game scored so much lower than fallout 3 you ask? Technical Failure. The graphics look MUCH worse than its predecessor, which is embarrassing for obsidian to say the least. combine that with theThe gameplay has Improved from Fallout 3 in every way. Aiming down scopes, a more interesting story with more meaningful moral dilemma's, a wider selection of equipment and enemies. So why has this game scored so much lower than fallout 3 you ask? Technical Failure. The graphics look MUCH worse than its predecessor, which is embarrassing for obsidian to say the least. combine that with the most glitches I have EVER seen in a retail game, and you get one hard to play game. If you don't mind chugging through game crashes, AI scripting glitches, and consistent lag, then you will find New Vegas to be an incredibly rewarding and deep game. It should have been delayed to 2011 and turned into a masterpiece. But unfortunately Bethesda wanted it out by Christmas. Thanks jerks. Expand
  21. May 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New Vegas is, in some ways, the "new Fallout" that a lot of fans wanted. I remain more attached personally to Fallout 3, although I must admit that New Vegas was a masterpiece.

New Vegas' storyline is interesting. The setting in the western United States, a return to origins, is certainly fascinating. I must say that the beginning and first hours of the game are a bit strange and dispersive. But the story of the Courier and the Platinum Chip gave a reason to go on: it's very nice, retrace the events backwards, searching for clues, to find out the facts and the responsables who have tried to kill him and the reason why. This narrative device, among other things, is a concept almost identical to that used for the Van Buren project, or "Fallout 3 that has never been"; and it is right that it has been reproposed here. Regarding the thematics of the plot, New Vegas, definitely doesn't shine, even if they are very good. An eternal political and social struggle: NCR's liberal-conservative democratic but corrupt government, opposed to the strict, but efficient, military dictatorship of Caesar's Legion. Then there is authoritarian and economic pseudo-capitalistic power of Mr. House. And obviously there is the current that rejects the others: anarchy and self-management, to leave the city of New Vegas literally with "no gods, no masters". The whole plot is a political and social battle based on whole 20th century's history, as said. A plot and thematics certainly well structured.

New Vegas' gameplay is certainly not new to those who have already experienced Fallout 3. There are in fact all the components that made the third chapter excellent, but with additions. Here some elements were reprocessed: the way to walk of the character is very much improved, weapons now allow to "aim down sight" with most of them. Firearm modifications are not many, but a good thing. Objects such as Workbench or Reloading bench are very useful. The karma system also has been rewritten: I can't tell if it actually is better or not but, in New Vegas, character's reputation, the karma in fact, varies according to different factions and the relationship the character has with them. No doubt it is a much more structured and complex system. The advancing of skill is the same, but some additions like the "Wild Wasteland" perk, are really original and give the game something more. New Vegas' map is quite extensive and there are many interesting places to explore. "Hard Core" mode is a great addition, and a good challenge for those who want more. The different endings and choices have been well studied, and every game path you choose has its own pros and cons that inevitably, and rightly, sooner or later come into conflict. It's a rather improved gameplay, that's pretty obvious.

The graphics component of New Vegas, is good. Sure, compared to Fallout 3, it has aged, but still knows how doing its job. New Vegas' typical "western" art style is great, although a little excessive in some cases. The soundtrack is full of new songs, and once again it is good to listen and rediscover the classics of old music.

Fallout: New Vegas is undoubtedly a masterpiece. It is fun to play, has a nice plot, and it's nice to be seen and listened. So why it's not better than Fallout 3, despite many improvements? Simple: because Fallout 3...is Fallout 3. Those who want to understand, will understand it.
  22. Nov 3, 2013
    With a very different atmosphere than Fallout 3, FNV explores other exciting facets of the wastes and delivers hours of colourful game-play. However, the sheer amount of bugs and technical issues is hard to ignore and limits the game from reaching its true potential.
  23. Oct 30, 2012
    New vegas is a good game but it also have a lot of flaws. First of all, it have all the problems of Fallout 3 on the ps3 (game freeze, bugs, slowdown) but it happens way more often. Also, at the time i played it (near release), it had game breaking and quest breaking bugs. You are also stuck at following a single path at the beginning of the game or you'll get one-shoted by monstersNew vegas is a good game but it also have a lot of flaws. First of all, it have all the problems of Fallout 3 on the ps3 (game freeze, bugs, slowdown) but it happens way more often. Also, at the time i played it (near release), it had game breaking and quest breaking bugs. You are also stuck at following a single path at the beginning of the game or you'll get one-shoted by monsters stronger than you. I still enjoyed it but less than i though i would since i loved fallout 3 a lot. Expand
  24. Oct 24, 2014
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not the game is worth buying. A lot of things to say here, but can't due to the 5000 character limit. There will be no mentioning or comparison of the previous Fallout games in order to give NV a fighting chance.

Oh yeah! New Vegas baby! Gonna drink me some whisky, play me some blackjack

Oh yeah! New Vegas baby! Gonna drink me some whisky, play me some blackjack or slots, and- Wha- What just happened??? Oh.... no!!! The game crashed! But the final patch is installed!?! This can't be happening! Someone forgot to slap the developer in the face! Have mercy please!
    Unbelievable! There's a bug in every single area of this game! Tallied 18 crashes total! A whole month to complete. And even managed to find new bugs that weren't listed on the fallout.wikia.com . But now it's all done, and I can bring you guys what is up with Fallout New Vegas. I am going to destroy this game! It hurts cause it's my personal favourite, but it has to be done.

1. Story
    Despite it's detailed lore, it's lacking. In the beginning, the Courier (character you play as) gets shot in the head by a man name Benny and leaves you to die. But then you are rescued by a robot named Victor. While being nursed back, you learn that you are a Courier in the Mojave Wastelands instructed to deliver a package to New Vegas city. Benny however, stole the package, and now it's up for you to get it back. From there, you make your own story by either helping or hindering the various factions & gangs you meet throughout the Mojave. It's awful because the Courier is given no background history, doesn't know where they're born, and the only way to find out anything involving the Courier's past is to buy the Lonesome Road DLC. The main story begins to cloud its plot-holes later by letting you pick any quest you want, but this doesn't excuse its flawed beginning.
    BUG: Quest characters may disappear, as well as dialogue not advancing , forcing you to reload a save.

2. Voice Acting
    The voice acting needs a little work. It's not all perfect.
    BUG: Characters don't move their mouths when they talk.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    The graphics are so low-rez, it's like looking at a 1970's comic book, and the scary part is it still crashes anyway.
    BUG: Character models heads twist around in a creepy fashion. Areas fail to load so you walk on blank palleting. NPCs sitting on a chair may not actually have their butts on the chair. Pipboy 3 Million displays itself at an awkward angle for female characters. It's just one graphical glitch after another.

4. Gameplay
    Gameplay refers to combat, customization & level up, and various areas you can explore within the game. Put it all together and it's awesome!

-Battle System-
    When it's not crashing, you have a really good battle system. You can play stealthy, snipe them, run in guns blazing, place frag mines down and have your foes run into them as they chase you, send your companions after them to take the heat for you, or just blow them up with a Missile Launcher. So many ways to play this game - one of the few things that gives replay value another attempt.
    BUG: Companions might permanently lose any items in their inventory that you give them, including weapons.

-Customization-
    Weapons have a Strength stat requirement in order to use it without suffering heavy recoil, which is a really good balancer. Weapons also can have mods attached. But.... the amount of mods available is limited assuming you can find them, and armor customization will feel too generic for a game this advanced. And without beginning the game with a high intelligence stat you won't be very powerful in the future without DLC.
    BUG: Some DLC perks don't work.

-Exploration-
    The exploration is like sticking a perfect record into the machine only to pull it out and find a big scratch on it! Sure it looks beautiful at first, but along with the graphical glitches, you are in constant fear of the game crashing while traversing the Mojave, which seriously takes you out of the moment, The Mojave also doesn't feel as big as it could be.

5. Soundtrack Surprisingly; the soundtrack is excellent, both radio stations and generic wise. You'll definitely be feeling a grove when walking into the casinos.

6. DLC Bethesda takes something that everyone wants, which is lvl cap increase, and strong weapons, and puts it behind it's crap DLCs, Lonesome Road and maybe Honest Hearts are the only good DLCs, the rest are highly forgettable.

7. Bugs & Glitches
    **** this game! **** this game in its mouth! Auto-saves not working! 250 hours of this ****!

8. Personal Enjoyment
    No words left to describe how angry I am at this point.

9. Overall Verdict
    Fallout New Vegas isn't worth the bargain bin. Games that don't work should never be put on the market. And that is why I am issuing the PS3 version a 3! It gets 3 out of 10! It hurts because I would have enjoyed this game, but the bugs make it unplayable. No one should buy this game.
  25. Mar 2, 2014
    Story: 8 out of 10
    Graphics: 8 out of 10
    Gameplay: 9 out of 10
    Fun: 9 out of 10 (depending on difficulty)
    Controls: 9 out of 10
    Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10
    Length: 10 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 8 out of 10
  26. Sep 7, 2014
    i played this game for 10 minutes and i could not bear it. then after 3 months i tried playing this game again and i could not bear it again. it is definitely an overrated game. and hence i don't give a score to this **** game.
  27. Jun 27, 2013
    Didn't I already play this game? Wasn't it called Fallout 3? Too much rehashing and recycling in New Vegas. And while it's a huge environment, I feel like it's the same game just with a different setting. No thanks.
  28. Oct 6, 2014
    Fallout New
    Vegas has problems in glitches, environment design, Ai, and invisible walls. Yet the game is fun and a memorable adventure into the ruins of vegas and the war of huge factions leading to a war that will decide the fate of the Mojave. Even though the game has oh so many problems i recommend it to any role playing fans or just people looking for a fun game.
  29. Oct 20, 2010
    At first I was disappointed in the game, But after playing through it for a few hours it starts to get better. This game is a 10/10 simply just for the story, Bugs and graphics aside.
  30. Aug 25, 2011
    I believe the phrase that has been thrown around '60 dollar expansion pack' is pretty accurate (or at least the time the game was that much money). But there are actually a lot of improvements to game play. The main story isn't as interesting as the last game but the side missions are more interesting than the last game as are the characters. Lots of tough and interesting new enemies,I believe the phrase that has been thrown around '60 dollar expansion pack' is pretty accurate (or at least the time the game was that much money). But there are actually a lot of improvements to game play. The main story isn't as interesting as the last game but the side missions are more interesting than the last game as are the characters. Lots of tough and interesting new enemies, factions and ways to have fun -- minigames. Once you get the hang of the Caravan, you can make a ton of caps no problem. Expand
  31. Oct 21, 2010
    You have to like Fallout 3 to enjoy New Vegas. It is VERY similar with no BIG changes. Its a great game, it just needed some polishing in regards to bugs, glitches and lag. Hopefully an update comes out to smooth out the wrinkles and calm everyone down. Its just such a big world with so much going on. This is one of the best games out for your money. (Considering a lot of games coming outYou have to like Fallout 3 to enjoy New Vegas. It is VERY similar with no BIG changes. Its a great game, it just needed some polishing in regards to bugs, glitches and lag. Hopefully an update comes out to smooth out the wrinkles and calm everyone down. Its just such a big world with so much going on. This is one of the best games out for your money. (Considering a lot of games coming out now will only give you about 6-10 hours of single player game time for the same price.) Its an RPG Shooter and its Great!! Expand
  32. Oct 7, 2015
    If you thought FO3 was glitchy, then you better buckle up! Same as number three though this makes up for it with hundreds of hours of fun, well written quests/side quests, and the DLCs were amazing and I loved how they all related to one another. Pick this up!
  33. Apr 10, 2017
    This game is far superior to Fallout 3 in every way. It has a better story, where your changes will affect the world, much more freedom to do as you please and the only thing letting it down is the graphics and combat. That being said- that didn't stop me putting 1200+ hours into New Vegas. The DLC too, are impeccable and all weave together to improve on the main story. 10/10 no question.
  34. Dec 23, 2010
    I played fallout 3 and I had a blast playing it. When Vegas came out I was quick to pick it up. The game is fun but there are a million bugs and slow points in the story. I am about half way done and it is getting bored.
  35. May 2, 2012
    I liked it more than Fallout 3. However, it doesn't feel nearly as groundbreaking as it's predecessor. It's more of an evolution than a revolution.
  36. Jan 16, 2014
    I've never felt that the new generation of Fallout games had the certain charm that the originals did. But I feel the F:NV revitalized the series for me. I feel as if the new environment is fitting. The Mojave is a great place to explore: the Strip is so fun to walk around and just relax at the casinos. The irradiated areas full of monsters are great to take in. And, my favoriteI've never felt that the new generation of Fallout games had the certain charm that the originals did. But I feel the F:NV revitalized the series for me. I feel as if the new environment is fitting. The Mojave is a great place to explore: the Strip is so fun to walk around and just relax at the casinos. The irradiated areas full of monsters are great to take in. And, my favorite thing about the game. A rebuilt society. Now, when I saw this at first, I went on the offensive. I believed that Fallout should be a series where the world never recovers. However, it's even better like this. You can see people going about their everyday lives after a nuclear war. The factions' conflicts are awesome. This game is the epitome of an RPG. Well done Bethesda. You've got me back on the Pinto bandwagon. Expand
  37. Mar 22, 2016
    I like open world games, I like RPGs and I like westerns. So this game is a dream come true. I am the biggest fallout fan that I know and I bow down to Bethesda and Interplay for creating a fantastic series. I've played all of the fallout games,even Brotherhood of Steel on PS2. So I mean it when I say that Fallout: New Vegas is, in ranking, the 4th worst and the 4th best. Don't get meI like open world games, I like RPGs and I like westerns. So this game is a dream come true. I am the biggest fallout fan that I know and I bow down to Bethesda and Interplay for creating a fantastic series. I've played all of the fallout games,even Brotherhood of Steel on PS2. So I mean it when I say that Fallout: New Vegas is, in ranking, the 4th worst and the 4th best. Don't get me wrong it's still a very good game but it has issues.

Gameplay in New Vegas is a bit similar to Fallout 3's gameplay but with a few added features. You can play from either a 3rd or 1st person perspective and explore this huge open world that is the Mojave Wasteland. You will find tons of stuff to do in the wasteland and it's probbly the 2nd biggest Fallout game, considering content (behind Fallout 2.) It adds a hardcore mode which turns the game into a surrvival game where you need to drik, eat, limbsdon't heal automatically but instead heal over time, doctor's bags are the only things that can heal limbs. I really like the addition of the hardcore mode and I find it a shame that they cut it out of fallout 4. So aside from that change the gameplay is the same as Fallout 3 however it crashed more than Fallout did and it has more glitches than Fallout 3 did and this happened on a regular basis around once an hour which is probably my biggest complaint about the game. Bethesda please patch this.

The story in New Vegas is that you're a courier who was delivering a package only for a guy to come over,shoot you in the head and leave you for dead. But, you're patched up by a doctor of a local settlement and you then set out to find the guy wh shot you and take back your package. Yes, this story has been done quite a few times but the story changes partway through and feels like one of the most epic stuff I've ever done. I'm not going to spile anything though, all I'm ging to say is it changes about 5 quests in. So the opening plot isn't good but the second plot is amazing. Also, like other Fallout games, you can meander off and do side quests but I tend to not do that as I prefer to get the main quest out of the way so there's nothing to get in my way.

Grahics are good but could easily be better. It deffinately looks like a wasteland and everything looks like what it's meant to be but all I'm going to say is thank god the modders stepped in. Sound is amazing. If you're wandering around the wasteland in the evening, you can hear crickets and wildlife and in the morning you can hear crows, people socialising and all sorts.

There isn't much need for replay value as you won't be able to start again due to you still being busy discovering new things in the wasteland. For example, this game has been out since 2010 and I just discovered 3 weeks ago, a deathclaw camp which I never knew abou before and wsas on for a solid 40 minutes fighting them with my 2 followers (Boone and ED-E.) You will easily sink over 200 hours into this (I played this on PS3 before that's why there isn't as much hours on my account)

I highly reccomend Fallout New Vegas even if you've touched a video game. It's a great western, a great open world game and a great RPG and an OK survival game (in hardcore mode.)
  38. Jun 10, 2012
    Tons to do and see and a lot of fun to be had. New Vegas is a worthy entrant in the Fallout cannon, though I found the story harder to connect to than the epic, emotional journey of Fallout 3.
  39. Apr 26, 2016
    If you thought Fallout 3 was a nightmare welcome to New Vegas. Where the game is just as buggy and with an even worse story line (or lack thereof). This game is a carbon copy of Fallout 3 with a different world map and characters. Utilizing the same game breaking engine that causes the game to crash and burn every 10 minutes. Nothing about this game inspires you to want to keepIf you thought Fallout 3 was a nightmare welcome to New Vegas. Where the game is just as buggy and with an even worse story line (or lack thereof). This game is a carbon copy of Fallout 3 with a different world map and characters. Utilizing the same game breaking engine that causes the game to crash and burn every 10 minutes. Nothing about this game inspires you to want to keep playing, it is through sheer determination to acquire the platinum trophy that will see you over the line. Burn the disc when your done, your never come back to this one. Horrible game. Trophy hunters, be sure to follow a guide to make crucial saves to prevent you from having to start the game from the beginning to venture into a different story arc. Good luck. Expand
  40. Feb 10, 2011
    This game is great! But is very buggy and similar to fallout 3. I love this game purely because it's fun and a massive adventure but from a technical perspective it's behind the competition.
  41. Jan 10, 2012
    Its a true shame that New Vegas will go down in gaming history as one of the buggiest, system crashing titles of all time. Even a year later after the "master patch" the game is still riddled with graphical oddities and the occasional system crashing moment. However, if you look past the obvious flaws there is a truly remarkable game that beats its predeccesor on almost every count. NewIts a true shame that New Vegas will go down in gaming history as one of the buggiest, system crashing titles of all time. Even a year later after the "master patch" the game is still riddled with graphical oddities and the occasional system crashing moment. However, if you look past the obvious flaws there is a truly remarkable game that beats its predeccesor on almost every count. New Vegas is huge with an engaging story and colorful cast of characters and so many side missions its impossible to see everything in a single playthrough. Unlike other titles out there the morality system is really at the centre and has serious consequences fo how the game is played and the final outcome. All in all it is a great game that can easily eat several days of your life. If anything the game was probably a bit too ambitious with all the interlinking factions and potential story lines - if bethesda / obsidian want to attempt another game with the same expanse they will need to develop a new engine Expand
  42. USG
    Nov 20, 2010
    New Vegas is very similar to Fallout 3, but not as good. There is a constant feel of "I've done stuff like that already" in this game. It lacks playability because of this. The radio is boring. The new features were not enough to save the game either. The world is less engaging than Fallout 3. Then there are the bugs, which makes me remove one star or two from the overall score. It wouldNew Vegas is very similar to Fallout 3, but not as good. There is a constant feel of "I've done stuff like that already" in this game. It lacks playability because of this. The radio is boring. The new features were not enough to save the game either. The world is less engaging than Fallout 3. Then there are the bugs, which makes me remove one star or two from the overall score. It would have worked much better as a cheaper add-on to Fallout 3. This being said, the most significant improvement is the difficulty. Expand
  43. Apr 19, 2012
    If you liked Fallout 3, I would generally recommend this game because it's just more of it. My favorite addition is the ability to gamble, as it serves as a great pastime between murdering crowds of Ghouls and Fiends. Also, with a great variety of DLC, Fallout: New Vegas is a trip worth taking.
  44. Jul 5, 2012
    Fallout: New Vegas really is a game you need to get familiar with. At the start of the game, it may be difficult to figure out what to do, but once you start getting familiar with its mechanics, this game is absolutely fantastic. Some people claim it's just Skyrim with guns, but it's not; it is so much deeper than that. Quests are deeper, every character has his/her story, and your actionsFallout: New Vegas really is a game you need to get familiar with. At the start of the game, it may be difficult to figure out what to do, but once you start getting familiar with its mechanics, this game is absolutely fantastic. Some people claim it's just Skyrim with guns, but it's not; it is so much deeper than that. Quests are deeper, every character has his/her story, and your actions actually have consequences. If you like RPGs, you can easily lose yourself in this for hundreds of hours, and never get bored of it. Heck, there is a chance you won't even encounter the same location twice within that time. I've heard people say that it tends to crash and freeze, but in my time of playing I have had no trouble with that. It may be a bit hard to get into, but underneath its top layer, there are astounding amounts of gameplay to discover. A real diamond; once you work through its top layer, it's a true gem. Expand
  45. Apr 8, 2013
    This is the most buggy and lag filled game I have ever played, there was a point while in the old world blues dlc that my character was moving once every ten seconds until i cleaned up the amount of enemies on the screen. While this issue is still present today and likely to never get resolved, the game does have some huge upside. Improved weapon mechanics from fallout 3, more diverseThis is the most buggy and lag filled game I have ever played, there was a point while in the old world blues dlc that my character was moving once every ten seconds until i cleaned up the amount of enemies on the screen. While this issue is still present today and likely to never get resolved, the game does have some huge upside. Improved weapon mechanics from fallout 3, more diverse quests, better dlc, and tons of humour. After having the major issues with freezing and lag I deleted the dlc and the game install and all of the patches, reinstalled and redownloaded everything and it seemed to improve things dramatically. Just something to try if you are having issues. Expand
  46. Dec 15, 2010
    First of all, screw all the the users that take the bugs and use them as a reason for such a low score. If any of you understand how difficult it is to code and design such a massive game as fallout and still have everything work at the end of the day, then you know this game deserves rave reviews. Old engine: check, slightly glitchy: check, rather incredible in terms of fun + humor + wellFirst of all, screw all the the users that take the bugs and use them as a reason for such a low score. If any of you understand how difficult it is to code and design such a massive game as fallout and still have everything work at the end of the day, then you know this game deserves rave reviews. Old engine: check, slightly glitchy: check, rather incredible in terms of fun + humor + well written/developed plot: check. Straight up, the glitches are the only thing holding out my 10, too bag they didn't get a little more time to work them out before the game went gold. Buy it and enjoy the near endless hours of badassery. Expand
  47. Jun 30, 2012
    There are some cool new ideas introduced, survival to make random food items useful(however you rarely ever find anything useful for cooking, and normally will end up carrying junk around for hours just to make 2 of a recipe), companions each have their own history and questline, and thankfully they added in a nice amount of unique weapons and armor like FO3. Overall they keep up theThere are some cool new ideas introduced, survival to make random food items useful(however you rarely ever find anything useful for cooking, and normally will end up carrying junk around for hours just to make 2 of a recipe), companions each have their own history and questline, and thankfully they added in a nice amount of unique weapons and armor like FO3. Overall they keep up the quality that FO3 had and surpass it in some areas, but like FO3 some of the quests are just boring. Now, the killer is the technical issues, I bought FO3 after much patching so I never had too many glitches besides crashing, but the technical errors are worse in NV, specifically the freezing becomes extremely frequent and annoying problems like companions getting stuck(fixed now-too bad it was months after ED-E got stuck in a wall and I'd given up and started a new character since I couldn't even start the DLC without having my companions dismissed) and companions guns dropping in casinos so you have to give them your own gun and ammo. This would all be fine on the PC version, but on the PS3 this stuff is so annoying. Some people don't like the feel, and I agree that Washington was an all around cooler place with more landmarks and the Enclave and Brotherhood were bigger in 3, but NV keeps them in and adds in more factions. Quests, guns, gunplay, companions, and existing skills are all improved upon, and everything else is at about the same quality as 3 or better, even in terms of unique guns, armor, and easter eggs NV surpasses 3. However 3 had a better setup with you starting in Vault 101, and a few more major characters like Three Dog and President Eden. Other than that NV wins hands down, I'm giving this a 9 because this lasted over 100 hours for me, and while it has it's problems it's still given me a ton of enjoyable playtime Expand
  48. Nov 11, 2010
    Fallout new vegas is fun and intriguing reinvention of of its predeccesor FO3 set in the Mojave, side quests, main story quests, gambling, caravan, combat, warring factions with different feelings towards you(depending how you are with them), exploration and the revamped traits/perks are all very good. Why only a 7 you might ask? The main reason why it does not warrant an 8-10 is down toFallout new vegas is fun and intriguing reinvention of of its predeccesor FO3 set in the Mojave, side quests, main story quests, gambling, caravan, combat, warring factions with different feelings towards you(depending how you are with them), exploration and the revamped traits/perks are all very good. Why only a 7 you might ask? The main reason why it does not warrant an 8-10 is down to the poor QA testing, the same flaws that came up in FO3 when the add-on packs were added like the run/pause/run irritation is back in which makes for a choppy trip. The perpetual crashing at any given point is enough to frustrate even the most patient of players, thankgod for the autosave feature when entering/exiting a room these sort of bugs that bethesda should have learnt to deal with from FO3! not leave these things in and hope for the best other known glitches include reloading after having a limb crippled and ending up limping all over the place even if you went toa doctor and had the limb repaired despite not actually needing it! It are these niggles and many others which i don't feel to mention which bring this game down a peg or two, these faults shoud have easily been addressed at the teseting stage even something as blatant as the run/pause/run I can only hope that bethesda hire better QA testers in the future to help protect and improve an impressive, emersive, compelling and compulsive exeperience. Expand
  49. Feb 27, 2011
    I don't believe that this game is too broken. The only times it would freeze would be when i would play it for hours straight. I was dissapointed in the story and the bugs and all, but the gunplay was amazing. I say this is worth getting just because of all the mystery that can be found. I honestly think that Bethesda should've made this, instead of Obsidian, because they are inexperiencedI don't believe that this game is too broken. The only times it would freeze would be when i would play it for hours straight. I was dissapointed in the story and the bugs and all, but the gunplay was amazing. I say this is worth getting just because of all the mystery that can be found. I honestly think that Bethesda should've made this, instead of Obsidian, because they are inexperienced with the engine. Expand
  50. Apr 27, 2013
    I loved Fallout 3 to pieces so this could be biased, however I feel New Vegas simply failed to provide the level of atmosphere that 3 did. The map is smaller and less populated, and instead it seems Obsidian spent more time creating a wider array of weapons, armour and items which admittedly adds to the game. The story is all over the place and seems more like a tour to get you to see allI loved Fallout 3 to pieces so this could be biased, however I feel New Vegas simply failed to provide the level of atmosphere that 3 did. The map is smaller and less populated, and instead it seems Obsidian spent more time creating a wider array of weapons, armour and items which admittedly adds to the game. The story is all over the place and seems more like a tour to get you to see all the locations, and it is very linear. The game flows better, however frequent freezing really breaks the fun. Expand
  51. Oct 28, 2010
    As a fan of the entire genre that open world gameplay has become and as a hardcore gaming enthusiast I love this game. True, it is no technical leap above fallout 3, but what it lacks in shiny graphics it makes up for in the improvements in gameplay. The true iron sights make first person the way to play fallout now, I was never a huge fan of the third person perspective coming fromAs a fan of the entire genre that open world gameplay has become and as a hardcore gaming enthusiast I love this game. True, it is no technical leap above fallout 3, but what it lacks in shiny graphics it makes up for in the improvements in gameplay. The true iron sights make first person the way to play fallout now, I was never a huge fan of the third person perspective coming from Morrowind, the first person feels far more natural for a Bethesda game. Playing in first person also makes it easier to overlook the sometimes jerky, unnatural character motion that comes from running an old engine in a large world. The biggest improvement in my opinion though has to be the hardcore mode, with the need to hydrate yourself and eat (not always safe in an irradiated environment) the challenge level increases dramatically while providing a much more engrossing experience. Upping the difficulty in Bethesda games has never been rewarding (and still isn't) as your receive no additional reward for killing enemies and the extra challenge it provides feels cheap, especially due to the fact whenever you wish you can turn it down instead of tackling it head on.

Hardcore is the perfect answer for this and gives its own rewards for sticking with it. The biggest flaw with the game by far is the bugs, and while this is unacceptable for some, in todays day and age games can be patched and when playing in a massive open world environment it is sometimes hard to find every little glitch.

This will still be unacceptable for some and sound like a poor excuse made up to justify a glaring problem but Oblivion was also very buggy on release yet still critically revered. The bugs and occasional crashes do not make the game unplayable, they are just a slight annoyance, if you hadn't read any reviews criticizing them, many would be easy to overlook.

For fans of old school Fallout you should love the dark humour and some of the story elements, the sex and quirky economy of the new world is back in force, New Vegas lives and breathes in a way that Fallout 3 didn't, the game is no longer drab and bleak, it is entertaining yet still quite dangerous and morbid. For those expecting a complete remake of Fallout 3, or the next game in the series, they may be disappointed to find that is aesthetically the same, but the improvements are there and it is a game that rewards you for sticking with it. Highly recommended for fans of Fallout 3 and Farcry 2, this game will definitely grow on people, for all its flaws it has plenty more redeeming features. It would be nice in future instalments of the series to see the realism factor carried further, but as it stands it is a fantastic game, only limited by a dated (yet solid) engine and over-ambition.

Not a flawed gem, rather a gem with a few superficial scratches on it.
  52. Mar 10, 2012
    Fallout New Vegas, despite having some issues continues to be an entertaining experience. New Vegas has more polished graphics, weapon mods and a lot more factions that its previous title, but unfortunately the story wasnt as interesting as Fallout 3's and exploring The Mojave became a little bit tiring sometimes. Throughout the story i found some bugs and even my console freezed, butFallout New Vegas, despite having some issues continues to be an entertaining experience. New Vegas has more polished graphics, weapon mods and a lot more factions that its previous title, but unfortunately the story wasnt as interesting as Fallout 3's and exploring The Mojave became a little bit tiring sometimes. Throughout the story i found some bugs and even my console freezed, but nothing to make me ragequit.
    This is compensated by a lot of quests, lots of new enemies, weapons, to be able to play poker and different games in The Strip and a new level of difficulty, in which enemies will be tougher and you will have to drink water and eat from time to time
    For those thinking about buying it, I deffinitely reccomend you to do it, and even more now that the price has dropped
  53. Oct 24, 2010
    This is what games should be like. This is a mature game, for those that really want to invest in a game and immerse in the storyline. If you're looking for an on-rails shooter just let this game go and go buy one of the 99% of boring same games out there.

The storyline sucks you in and is much more loyal to the 2 first amazing fallout games. Sure the graphics are dated, and there are the occasional bugs, but the game is challenging (especially in hardcore mode) interesting and keeps you coming for more.

And finally it's an RPG whose storyline is not: The end is coming (the blight, the horde, the dark forces or whatever) and you're the one who has to stop it...There's an original story with much more complex and interesting elements.

If what I mentioned above is what you're looking for in a game, go get it RIGHT NOW
  54. Oct 29, 2010
    I absolutely LOVED Fallout 3. I could not put down my controller for it. I expected New Vegas to be just as good. I was horribly wrong. Compared to Fallout 3 this game is much worse. The story is much weaker. Your character is much MUCH weaker due to the fact that you get a perk every two levels. There are no more perks that increase your skill. You'll constantly find yourselfI absolutely LOVED Fallout 3. I could not put down my controller for it. I expected New Vegas to be just as good. I was horribly wrong. Compared to Fallout 3 this game is much worse. The story is much weaker. Your character is much MUCH weaker due to the fact that you get a perk every two levels. There are no more perks that increase your skill. You'll constantly find yourself overencumbered because of all the stuff you have to carry to craft things. Not to mention the poor graphics and the glitches. So my advice to those who loved Fallout 3 and are considering buying New Vegas, don't do it. Expand
  55. Oct 19, 2010
    This games title is misleading, it should have been called Fallout 3: New Vegas. If you didn't follow the dev cycle of New Vegas you might not have know that this game uses the same engine that powered Fallout 3 (also Oblivion, both by Bethesda); that means that game mechanics, quest structures, color palette (apocalyptic brown), AI, game assets, shoddy character animations, HUD and UIThis games title is misleading, it should have been called Fallout 3: New Vegas. If you didn't follow the dev cycle of New Vegas you might not have know that this game uses the same engine that powered Fallout 3 (also Oblivion, both by Bethesda); that means that game mechanics, quest structures, color palette (apocalyptic brown), AI, game assets, shoddy character animations, HUD and UI and even V.A.T.S. is all the same as Fallout 3. That being said, if you're a fan of Fallout 3, you'll definitely not want to miss New Vegas. However; unfortunately Obsidian Entertainment's envision of the Fallout Universe is not quite as polished in its implementation, as its predecessor. There are bugs, AI glitches such as NPCs and creatures spawning under terrain, clipping problems such objects that occupy the same space and clip through each other and look sloppy, textures not loading or not visible (such as your gun and arm, which happens randomly), areas where your character will get stuck and force a mandatory reload to proceed, and these are just to name a few of the problems on the Xbox360 version - problems with the NPC AI being the biggest detractor. Another negative aspect of the game is that, unlike Fallout 3, most areas in the wasteland lack the polish of 'The Strip' (the strip is a sight to see) and feel drab or boring in comparison. Also another area I felt was lacking was the voice acting, you can really tell that Obsidian skimped in this area, overall the Voice acting is just horrible compared to F3 - I'm talking about monotonous dialogue and tons of different NPCs who use the same Voice Actor with little to no distinction between them. Despite the games obvious flaws there is much to like (especially if you liked F3), a whole new (long) story line, another large sandbox wasteland to explore with numerous quests (a lot of quests with multiple outcomes, and ways to complete them), countless NPCs (the story writers for this game is exceptional), Vying factions which fight for territory- the NCR, Great Khans, Powder Gangers, The Legionaries, Mr. House, Fiends, and more, some of which you can join and become apart of. There are tons of references to the original Fallout games, lots of new creatures (several of which return from early Fallout games like the Gecko), new weapons, new perks, new recipies can be made on a campfire or a workbench now, and you can use a reloading bench to recycle ammo, or convert ammo types. There are also A LOT of minor tweaks and welcome additions to the Fallout 3 formula, such as new interface and commands for companions, gambling, weapon mods, all the weapons now have iron sights in first person (bravo), weapon repair kits, a new hardcore mode where you have to monitor food, water, and sleep- are just a few of the additions. The writing and dialog in the game has a more mature nature and emphasis on dark humor this time, and the quests are never repetitive, they are exciting and quite amusing at times: definitely the best part about New Vegas. This is another extremely long single player experience and will most likely take people over 100 hours to see everything in the game, not to mention the immense replay value this time around because of the many different vying factions, the quests with multiple outcomes, and different paths to follow all make New Vegas a great value to any fan of Fallout 3 or fallout in general- I just wish that there wasn't so many problems, and that the game used a new engine as the elder scrolls 4 engine is really starting to look dated. If it wasn't for the large amount of content and re-playability I would not consider this to be a stand alone game, rather an expansion pack for fallout 3. Fix the bugs Obsidian, and I would rate the game a 8 or 9/10 as I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3. Expand
  56. Oct 25, 2010
    (HUGE HINT. TO DRASTICALLY DECREASE IF NOT COMPLETELY STOP THE FREEZE UPS, SIMPLY TURN ALL MUSIC OFF, INCLUDING MUSIC FROM YOUR PIT-BOY)....... Review - Using very similar features from the earlier fallout games, and creating once again an outstanding quest list, Fallout New Vegas is no doubt the complete Fallout package. Aside from the ocasional technical issues that will occur throughout(HUGE HINT. TO DRASTICALLY DECREASE IF NOT COMPLETELY STOP THE FREEZE UPS, SIMPLY TURN ALL MUSIC OFF, INCLUDING MUSIC FROM YOUR PIT-BOY)....... Review - Using very similar features from the earlier fallout games, and creating once again an outstanding quest list, Fallout New Vegas is no doubt the complete Fallout package. Aside from the ocasional technical issues that will occur throughout the game, improvements can surprisingly be noticed in the waisland itself, being that it is far much more well-balanced and organized, [Example, no more vicious and unexpected attacks from a deathclaw]. If you haven't play the earlier Fallout games, then I'd suggest renting New Vegas temporarily, but if you enjoy single-player RPG's including Fallout 3 and Oblivion, then I would highly recommend purchasing New Vegas, -Christopher Smith Expand
  57. Oct 12, 2016
    I gave Fallout New Vegas on PC a perfect score. So why do I give the PS3 version a 7? Well it's buggy, the graphics are worse, It clearly wasn't optimized for PS3, and my copy at one point had a 9 FPS lock. But there is still fun to be had. In fact, before my copy locked at 9 FPS, this game was a perfect 10. So if you want to play Fallout New Vegas on console...Play it on the XboxI gave Fallout New Vegas on PC a perfect score. So why do I give the PS3 version a 7? Well it's buggy, the graphics are worse, It clearly wasn't optimized for PS3, and my copy at one point had a 9 FPS lock. But there is still fun to be had. In fact, before my copy locked at 9 FPS, this game was a perfect 10. So if you want to play Fallout New Vegas on console...Play it on the Xbox 360....but If this is all you can afford.....stick with it Just be warned. Expand
  58. Jul 5, 2011
    frame rate issues are very significant the larger your save file becomes. i love the game but after putting 25 hours in it turns into a choppy mess. i was so excited about the iron sights and new scopes but i found myself forced into using vats due to the frame rate problems. don't buy this for ps3.
  59. Aug 13, 2011
    Fallout 3 was amazing. Fallout New Vegas is a simple re-hash which was too buggy to enjoy at times. I enjoyed it for the first few hours but it soon felt stale and like a weak little brother of F3. No wonder they slashed the price. I traded it in after day 2 and got something else. I look forward to the next one but only if they improve alot of what made Vegas so crap. The Graphics wereFallout 3 was amazing. Fallout New Vegas is a simple re-hash which was too buggy to enjoy at times. I enjoyed it for the first few hours but it soon felt stale and like a weak little brother of F3. No wonder they slashed the price. I traded it in after day 2 and got something else. I look forward to the next one but only if they improve alot of what made Vegas so crap. The Graphics were very dated and the animation was really bad too... Didnt care much for the character either. Expand
  60. Oct 7, 2014
    To give you some context, I loved Fallout 3. I have hundreds of hours played with over 700 saves. After exhausting that game and moving on to New Vegas I am pretty disappointed. I was excited to play it but that quickly turned to boredom after realizing that you have to walk for literally 10 to 15 minutes towards your next objective. The entire world is a wasteland and hardly anythingTo give you some context, I loved Fallout 3. I have hundreds of hours played with over 700 saves. After exhausting that game and moving on to New Vegas I am pretty disappointed. I was excited to play it but that quickly turned to boredom after realizing that you have to walk for literally 10 to 15 minutes towards your next objective. The entire world is a wasteland and hardly anything interesting will appear in front of you on your journey. Mountains that can't be climbed cover the landscape and prevent any hope of getting somewhere quickly. The world doesn't scale to your level, quickly deterring anyone from exploration. You can be killed quite fast upon venturing into the wrong area.
    Missions are the most repetitive fetch quests I've ever seen. Whereas 3 had varied mission structure almost every single (Probably 9/10) mission requires you to talk to someone, then return with what that person said. Several actually request that you talk to person x, return to person y with what x said, go back to person x, go back to person y, and so on. I experienced more action exploring a vault that was off the beaten path than I have in any mission. I was extremely underleveled for this vault and went through almost all of my ammo and 14 stimpaks. Due to this I almost hit a brick wall 1 hour in to the game. This is a far cry from Fallout 3's extremely exciting mission variation. Certain areas require going through 3 separate loading zones to get to. The loading screens aren't short either, typically 15-20 seconds each. If you are in a town, fast travel will not tell you where to go, you first have to exit the town which is extremely time consuming. Certain quests have mandatory separate quests that you must do first before proceeding, something that the game does not tell you about which will lead to confusion. The gameplay is typical fallout. The varied weapon design is nice. Being able to aim down the sites is a welcome touch but typically isn't that useful. It obstructs your view and moves too slow for tracking down enemies. Vats will still be used more than anything. The locations are extremely dull and exploring isn't rewarding at all. The game hits a high point just a few hours in but then falls flat with no direction on what to do afterwards. Completing certain missions will cause you to fail other missions and the game doesn't let you know when this will happen so SAVE OFTEN if you want to complete everything. I find this game extremely disappointing. It's a decent attention getter but not much more than that.
  61. Oct 27, 2010
    This is a really good game. People who are giving this a low rating because of stability issues and bugs need to be shot in the head. If you're console is connected to the Internet, you will be able to recieve the patches that will be soon coming to fix all of these issues! The gameplay is astounding and the Hardcore mode adds a whole new challenge on the 'survival of the wasteland'This is a really good game. People who are giving this a low rating because of stability issues and bugs need to be shot in the head. If you're console is connected to the Internet, you will be able to recieve the patches that will be soon coming to fix all of these issues! The gameplay is astounding and the Hardcore mode adds a whole new challenge on the 'survival of the wasteland' aspect. If you liked Fallout 3, you will LOVE Fallout: New Vegas. Expand
  62. Nov 4, 2010
    This game does have a few improvements and additions to Fallout 3, but is largely the same game engine. This game seems to have a much more open storyline as well. Personally, I love playing this game. The reason this game gets a lower score from me is because the game freezes far, far too often. There are areas that are virtually impossible because of constant freezes. I understand aThis game does have a few improvements and additions to Fallout 3, but is largely the same game engine. This game seems to have a much more open storyline as well. Personally, I love playing this game. The reason this game gets a lower score from me is because the game freezes far, far too often. There are areas that are virtually impossible because of constant freezes. I understand a certain number of bugs in a game of this scope, but the amount of freezes is unacceptable. Early on in the game, it would freeze every 3 or 4 hours, which isn't great, but is workable. After around 12 hours in though, this game starts to freeze every 20 minutes or so, which makes the game far less enjoyable. This game should not have been released in this condition. If the freezes were taken care of, this game would rate a 10/10 for me, but sadly, the developers didn't fix the problems before they released it. Expand
  63. May 4, 2011
    fallout new vegas is a copy of fallout 3 you may think this is good its not it has a bad story more bugs than fallout 3 my game froze dozens of times the world is not as good as fallout 3 side quest lack the atmosphere is the main bad thing about the game its just not as good as fallout 3 fallout new vegas has better dialogue than fallout 3 though i give fallout 3 10/10 fallout newfallout new vegas is a copy of fallout 3 you may think this is good its not it has a bad story more bugs than fallout 3 my game froze dozens of times the world is not as good as fallout 3 side quest lack the atmosphere is the main bad thing about the game its just not as good as fallout 3 fallout new vegas has better dialogue than fallout 3 though i give fallout 3 10/10 fallout new vegas 6/10 also why no end game play what gives Expand
  64. Mar 13, 2012
    Say what you will on the evolution of graphics on NV. It has gained what it does best, complete a story that is recycled and made better. It is the survival game of the desert, nothing more, nothing less. While not as engaging as fallout 3, it still continues to push you to boundaries that many games don't necessarily go by. If you like Fallout 3, you'll enjoy this. But if you lovedSay what you will on the evolution of graphics on NV. It has gained what it does best, complete a story that is recycled and made better. It is the survival game of the desert, nothing more, nothing less. While not as engaging as fallout 3, it still continues to push you to boundaries that many games don't necessarily go by. If you like Fallout 3, you'll enjoy this. But if you loved Fallout 3, you'll be sorrily disappointed . Expand
  65. Apr 6, 2012
    I've liked the story of New Vegas far better than that of Fallout 3. It's much less depressing, or confusing for that matter. Still, the game feels like a huge add-on for the original title, and it shows. The visuals are sub par, a lot of glitches, but I haven't encountered anything gamebreaking. It plays like exactly like fallout 3, so the negatives of that game carry on into this. TheI've liked the story of New Vegas far better than that of Fallout 3. It's much less depressing, or confusing for that matter. Still, the game feels like a huge add-on for the original title, and it shows. The visuals are sub par, a lot of glitches, but I haven't encountered anything gamebreaking. It plays like exactly like fallout 3, so the negatives of that game carry on into this. The only reason to play this game is to enjoy the new open world to roam in and the story and side quests to complete. If you liked Fallout 3, or maybe hated it because of it's grim story line and atmosphere, try this one. Expand
  66. May 29, 2012
    Fallout New Vegas despite an outdated engine and various technical issues is in an amazing game. The sheer amount of content once you start diving deeper into the game is impressive. The characters and personalities are interesting and the dialogue is engaging and the game still has that great Fallout charm. The many factions and groups scattered around the wasteland give the playerFallout New Vegas despite an outdated engine and various technical issues is in an amazing game. The sheer amount of content once you start diving deeper into the game is impressive. The characters and personalities are interesting and the dialogue is engaging and the game still has that great Fallout charm. The many factions and groups scattered around the wasteland give the player opportunities to help the or simply wipe them off the map. In Fallout you start off as a courier who after a nasty shot to the head starts a Journey that ultimately decides the fate of the entire mojave based on the decisions and choices you make, and the ending will always been different giving the game huge re-playability.

Once you start giving this game a chance and get past the slow start it is an amazing experience that can't be missed.
  67. Dec 26, 2012
    I think Fallout New Vegas is a great game besides the glitches and leggings,but it's a game that is worth it and money well spent if you're looking for a good RPG !!!
  68. Jul 1, 2013
    I've finished most of the game (level 30) and visited almost all locations and yes, once in a while the game froze up on me and I've seen a few other glitches but nothing that could keep me from playing. It's pretty much same as Fallout 3 just completely different area, story and characters but the same great atmosphere and tons of content that will keep you busy for a long time (unless ofI've finished most of the game (level 30) and visited almost all locations and yes, once in a while the game froze up on me and I've seen a few other glitches but nothing that could keep me from playing. It's pretty much same as Fallout 3 just completely different area, story and characters but the same great atmosphere and tons of content that will keep you busy for a long time (unless of course you just rush through the main quest). If you loved Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 you'll love New Vegas (even it's technically not perfect, but neither are the other games mentioned.) Expand
  69. Mar 13, 2011
    This game could have been so much more. The operative word for anyone entering New Vegas for the first time on PS3 is "patience." Why? The PS3 version if rife with crippling bugs and lag time issues. If you are a fan of Fallout, you may be able to look past these buggy issues and enjoy the game despite those flaws. I know I did. However, casual players will find more than their fair shareThis game could have been so much more. The operative word for anyone entering New Vegas for the first time on PS3 is "patience." Why? The PS3 version if rife with crippling bugs and lag time issues. If you are a fan of Fallout, you may be able to look past these buggy issues and enjoy the game despite those flaws. I know I did. However, casual players will find more than their fair share of frustrations with this game. To say that this game could have used more time in the oven baking is to be overly charitable. This is not to say that this there is not a rewarding gaming experience to be had here. Far from it. If you loved Fallout 3, this will act as simply an expansion of the great mechanics and game play experienced in that game. However, wading through the myriad depths of glitchy technical issues may ruin the experience. Your mileage may vary. Expand
  70. Nov 18, 2011
    I own this game and i can barely play it without it crashing. I have unfinished missions where the objectives dissapear. If this game was playable it would be awesome.
  71. May 12, 2012
    When I first played FNV, I was filled with euphoria and as I progress to the middle of the game, I was even addicted to the game that I ditched homework just to play it. The reason for this was the good parts of the game such as making your own story, choices and factions which greatly affects the gameplay, and an immersive world full of amazing weapons. However, despite the amazingWhen I first played FNV, I was filled with euphoria and as I progress to the middle of the game, I was even addicted to the game that I ditched homework just to play it. The reason for this was the good parts of the game such as making your own story, choices and factions which greatly affects the gameplay, and an immersive world full of amazing weapons. However, despite the amazing features of the game, I was disappointed with FNV when I reached my second playthrough. I realised that there are massive amounts of bugs and crashes, the quests, locations are bland and all the same, the enemies are mediocre, the loading screens are too many and long, and travelling through the Mojave is tiring. Fallout 3 is a LOT better than New Vegas. Thanks a lot, Bethesda! :| Expand
  72. Jun 21, 2014
    Fallout: New Vegas is a worthy successor to Fallout 3.

It's definitely a standalone game worth playing and combined with all the DLC it easily grants you over 100 hours of fun. The plot is interesting to say the least and offers great replay value due to all the decisions you have te make that actually affect how the story will unfold. Oh and shooting people while using V.A.T.S. never
    Fallout: New Vegas is a worthy successor to Fallout 3.

Oh and shooting people while using V.A.T.S. never gets old in my opinion.

However, there are an absurd amount of game-breaking bugs in the game that might ruin your experience entirely.
    Furthermore it would benefit from a graphical update and some extra voice actors.
  73. Oct 25, 2010
    A dozen hours into the game, New Vegas contains no significant improvements over Fallout 3. In fact it plays like it was just another generic expansion pack. Same old glitchy engine full of long load times and vast boring brown terrain to explore, same old steal-items-and-sell-them-back-to-stores, kill-a-billion-ants-to-level-up sandbox gameplay. Some novel improvements would have includedA dozen hours into the game, New Vegas contains no significant improvements over Fallout 3. In fact it plays like it was just another generic expansion pack. Same old glitchy engine full of long load times and vast boring brown terrain to explore, same old steal-items-and-sell-them-back-to-stores, kill-a-billion-ants-to-level-up sandbox gameplay. Some novel improvements would have included multiplayer modes, vehicles, more engaging environments, improvement to the combat mechanics, a deeper character creation system... sadly, none of these were even attempted. I would only recommend the title to someone who completed Fallout 3 Game of The Year Edition. New Vegas was immensely overhyped. Expand
  74. Nov 29, 2010
    It's a new day, and a new world, and Fallout is on the rise. The follow up to Bethesda's monster of a hit, Fallout 3, Vegas leaves you salivating for more. There's a glitch here and there, but they've done the right thing and released several patches for the PC and consoles already. More are on the way, but don't worry, there's no game wrecking bugs here that will kill your entireIt's a new day, and a new world, and Fallout is on the rise. The follow up to Bethesda's monster of a hit, Fallout 3, Vegas leaves you salivating for more. There's a glitch here and there, but they've done the right thing and released several patches for the PC and consoles already. More are on the way, but don't worry, there's no game wrecking bugs here that will kill your entire experience. If you can't handle a little polygonal head twitching, some slow frames ever 100th hour, or a door that locks up on you on occasion you might want to look elsewhere. Overall Vegas is a treat and far better to take a trip to than the real life modern day counterpart. You probably know about the game since you're thumbing through reviews, I'll simply try to touch on the sweet spots and new additions. Vegas starts with a bang and ends with one, the main quest is so engaging and so seamslessly integrated into the whole you may not even realize your actions are contributing to the main thread while you toil away at leveling up and killing abominations of the wasteland. New modes add weight to ammo, dehydration, the need for food and rest. Iron Sights have been added to let you manually aim all the guns, and this is where the real tweaks begin. While it's still possible to kill everything you come across like a V.A.T.S action robot, it's not nearly as integral to the core mechanic. I am not a FPS player, but I find myself dividing my time between manually aiming or slashing, and entering VATS for some "bullet time." Not only that but this really hits character creation in a big way. This time around the character you develop is more heavily defined by their purpose and initial stats. Oh my gosh! It's like ROLE playing! Seriously, by the end of Fallout 3 you could max out nearly every stat. If you started your character as a sci-fi nerd who could wield one handed laser pistols while disarming the HAL 5000 it didn't matter. In that game, when you finished you were good at everything, a little too good. Right now, without DLC, it's not possible to craft a character like that and it forces you to choose your build wisely. As Obsidian developers who worked on the very first Fallout(s) for the PC their signature has blended flawlessly with Bethesda's spin. They embraced the world that Bethesda created but have put their stamp on it. Speech skills are back and in more of a subtle way than before, it's more important than lockpick or hacking this time around! It makes the game fun and there's lots of conversations that tie your speech success to your skills in the wild, science, and bartering. You can't gamble on these conversations like you could in F3, you must have the required skill. It's a great reward system for the character you're building and rarely do conversation paths completely vanish without giving you the opportunity to come back for some sweet talking. As a throwback to their older games Obsidian puts in cheeky comments in place of the "SUCCESS" talking points when you're going to fail. There's some other great features chalked in here like a fun gambling element at both the Casino's and a local game called "Caravan" that some of the gun runners and merchants of the world play in lieu of the house odds on the strip. Obsidian has also added depth into the NPCs of the world. Strangers still seem like worthless meat sacks you could bludgeon with the object of your choosing. There are some people though that you can get attached to, get a sense of their background and pull you in to their relationships. The companions are FAR more robust this time around and serve a purpose besides therapeutic couch sessions on the road: they offer perks that add to your repertoire and are only available as long as that companion is with you. Overall this game is a masterpiece, if they fix the experience which is already smoother than Fallout 3 I'll come back and nudge this one up to a 10. I've completed the main quest with one character, and now I'm 2/3 through my second at around 200 shameful hours of lost productivity and "sick days." Grab this one, you won't regret it. Expand
  75. Jul 5, 2014
    I absolutely loved this game. The story, the setting, the little details. No RPG fan should miss this game. Maybe I should elaborate: no RPG fan with a ton of patience and willing to reload their game a million times should miss it. Cause OMG, is this game buggy! There are so many and they mess up the game really badly. I reloaded 10+ time at one single quest cause stuff kept going wrongI absolutely loved this game. The story, the setting, the little details. No RPG fan should miss this game. Maybe I should elaborate: no RPG fan with a ton of patience and willing to reload their game a million times should miss it. Cause OMG, is this game buggy! There are so many and they mess up the game really badly. I reloaded 10+ time at one single quest cause stuff kept going wrong (at some point the guy i was escorting got stuck halfway into a wall...). That being said, I still loved it even if it made me want to through my PS3 out of the window a few times. Expand
  76. Nov 18, 2015
    Okay so this game is totally on the same branch as Fallout 3. But it IS different. Forget karma, this time you are choosing factions. I preferred fallout 3 to this title but that doesn't mean that this game is not very enjoyable or full of great content. I have replayed this game 4 times to see all 4 endings and was amazed at the different scenarios which can arise. The game (like it'sOkay so this game is totally on the same branch as Fallout 3. But it IS different. Forget karma, this time you are choosing factions. I preferred fallout 3 to this title but that doesn't mean that this game is not very enjoyable or full of great content. I have replayed this game 4 times to see all 4 endings and was amazed at the different scenarios which can arise. The game (like it's predessesor) is a bit glitchy and buggy which is now starting to feel like a Bethesda special but this game, at it's price now, it's still worth a play. Expand
  77. Nov 28, 2010
    Whatever bugs or flaws were in Fallout 3 they didn't really bother me. In Fallout New Vegas however, the freezing and bugs are plentiful and extremely annoying. This game should not have been released in it's current state. I guess they're working on a patch now, but they really should finish testing the next game prior to it's release date.

The graphics are slightly better and the

The graphics are slightly better and the game is much more enjoyable despite all of the problems.
  78. Nov 11, 2010
    The PC version seems to have graphical issues even when you are far above the minimum system specs. It's also loaded with bugs and a lot of those bugs interfere with base game-play like quests being canceled or failed because you can't continue them. The game simply has not been polished and it's seen in every thing from stability to character and quest issues. However with that being saidThe PC version seems to have graphical issues even when you are far above the minimum system specs. It's also loaded with bugs and a lot of those bugs interfere with base game-play like quests being canceled or failed because you can't continue them. The game simply has not been polished and it's seen in every thing from stability to character and quest issues. However with that being said I did enjoy Vegas quite a bit. Most the negative aspects of Vegas will be patched over time I'm sure. Expand
  79. Aug 6, 2011
    Fallout 3 sucked. It was inaccurate story wise, and the only thing that I liked about it was the radio. Fallout: New Vegas, however, is an actual Fallout game. Because for one it's relevant to the story of the first 2 games, and it gives you a lot of choices. Another improvement on this game from 3 is that there's more than 20 quests this time around! Fallout: New Vegas is, unlike FalloutFallout 3 sucked. It was inaccurate story wise, and the only thing that I liked about it was the radio. Fallout: New Vegas, however, is an actual Fallout game. Because for one it's relevant to the story of the first 2 games, and it gives you a lot of choices. Another improvement on this game from 3 is that there's more than 20 quests this time around! Fallout: New Vegas is, unlike Fallout 3, a RPG. Expand
  80. Oct 25, 2011
    I love this game... EXCEPT it crashes ALL THE TIME!!! That being sid though I enjoy the game so much... I keep playing over and over, even if I lose data in the crash. Now its not as good as FALLOUT 3..... but still a great game. I probably have well over 20 hours invested right now with no end in sight. Talk about bang for your buck!! Buy it!
  81. Apr 11, 2012
    After playing Fallout 3 and absolutely loving it, I wondered if New Vegas could top it. Boy did it ever! Everything about the game, the characters, the environments, the side quests, its all designed to immerse you. While the story itself isn't "Bioshock" level fantastic, its very interesting and engaging. The combat has been drastically improved too, now you are able to aim down yourAfter playing Fallout 3 and absolutely loving it, I wondered if New Vegas could top it. Boy did it ever! Everything about the game, the characters, the environments, the side quests, its all designed to immerse you. While the story itself isn't "Bioshock" level fantastic, its very interesting and engaging. The combat has been drastically improved too, now you are able to aim down your sights on guns. The only problem I ever had with the game was it's load times. There shouldn't have to be loading times this long this frequently. I've heard its better on the PC, and that doesn't surprise me. Still, Fallout: New Vegas is still one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  82. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is treated as if it is garbage, but those who play such a game are usually not RPG based gamers. Neither was I until I played TES: Morrowind, I usually just stayed in my room playing Mario Kart on the N64. What I am trying to get across, is that games like Fallout and TES are going to take a lot of playing time to get adjusted to. But once you adjust, oh man! This game has someThis game is treated as if it is garbage, but those who play such a game are usually not RPG based gamers. Neither was I until I played TES: Morrowind, I usually just stayed in my room playing Mario Kart on the N64. What I am trying to get across, is that games like Fallout and TES are going to take a lot of playing time to get adjusted to. But once you adjust, oh man! This game has some of the most amazing gameplay I have yet to come across. Also, the storyline is simply fantastic, with lots of choices and lots of quests, I was never left disappointed. The hunt for armor, unique weapons, stimpaks, quest stuff, vaults, etc. I was always doing something! Do NOT listen to this websites fan rating system, they are usually biased, for example people just troll the Call of Duty reviews with 0's until it gets an overall score of a 2. So take my word for it, give this game a chance, you will definitely love it! Expand
  83. Jun 22, 2014
    New Vegas was an amazing game on its own, but add all DLC and patch the game up, and you got yourself an unforgettable experience!
    +All DLC
    +Loads of Content
    +Intrigue
    -Still bugs & inconsistent FPS
  84. Nov 12, 2015
    Simply one of the best Fallout.
    Far better than Fallout 3 and 4.

Obsidian should be the main developer of this series, mainly because they know it better than Todd Howards&Co.
  85. Nov 17, 2010
    I like all of the new features in the game. They basically made a new map from and story line using all of the good features from fallout 3 and then added some more stuff. The game has so many different ways to complete each mission, so many different factions , and the graphics look a lot better. This game is getting a positive review for sure from me. My only COMPLAINT is that the map isI like all of the new features in the game. They basically made a new map from and story line using all of the good features from fallout 3 and then added some more stuff. The game has so many different ways to complete each mission, so many different factions , and the graphics look a lot better. This game is getting a positive review for sure from me. My only COMPLAINT is that the map is smaller than that of fallout 3 and there are a lot of bugs that should have been BETA tested out. Expand
  86. Dec 16, 2010
    I like how the level cap has been raised to 30 (from 20 in Fallout 3), but you only get a perk every second level, so in effect it feels like it has been lowered to 15. Why would they, after receiving so much acclaim for getting a perk every level in Fallout 3, suddenly change it to every second level? The ps3 version is riddled with crash issues that strike without warning (the worst isI like how the level cap has been raised to 30 (from 20 in Fallout 3), but you only get a perk every second level, so in effect it feels like it has been lowered to 15. Why would they, after receiving so much acclaim for getting a perk every level in Fallout 3, suddenly change it to every second level? The ps3 version is riddled with crash issues that strike without warning (the worst is the 'infinite loading screen'). How Bethesda managed to let this fly with an engine they've been using since the Oblivion port at the launch of the ps3 is beyond me. There is also a lot of society in the world of New Vegas, so that feeling of 'alone in the wasteland' from Fallout 3 disappears pretty quickly. That said, there are a host of features that keep me coming back: The factions, the gambling, and the massive world. They also put back a lot of the weapons and silliness that could be found in Fallout 2, which totally completes the experience in my opinion, and will provide some nice nostalgia for those who have played the older Fallout games. Great game if you have the patience to persevere through the bugs and don't mind taking awesome perks at a slower rate than Fallout 3. Expand
  87. Feb 13, 2011
    I bought the game to be back in the fallout universe... the game is fun and enjoyable. l've finished all the quest and now playing hardcore mode for the trophy. you will easily sink endless hours playing this game IF you are patient and tolerable with the endless amount of bugs. You would find more bugs in this game than in the amazon. Freezes, crashes, failure to load, drop in frame rate.I bought the game to be back in the fallout universe... the game is fun and enjoyable. l've finished all the quest and now playing hardcore mode for the trophy. you will easily sink endless hours playing this game IF you are patient and tolerable with the endless amount of bugs. You would find more bugs in this game than in the amazon. Freezes, crashes, failure to load, drop in frame rate. At least they patch some issues in the patches 1.01 and 1.02. But l suggest to wait till the price drops to buy this game. it's not worth anywhere the amount of money game store are requesting. As if you would buy a car that brakes on its own, horn goes on and off etc... for full price. Expand
  88. Apr 5, 2011
    an astonishing game. infinitely better than the original fallout 3, the game is set years later and involves many "factions" that you can ally with and to challenges for.
    the plot is intriguing and ever changes depending on how you play the game.
    the plot is intriguing and ever changes depending on how you play the game.
    my favourite parts of the game include strange dialog options, long chain-quests, amazing character stats specialisation, the array of weaponry, the companions and the factions.
  89. Oct 14, 2012
    I love this game. Unlike Fallout: 3 there are more factions to choose. I personally liked the storyline, and all of the different endings. I was disappointed at the DLC. Otherwise this game is perfect.
  90. Apr 28, 2017
    One of the best unrated games ever!! It runs the same engine as fallout 3 but has twice as much story.
    I recommend this game to anyone who prefers story over graphics! make sure to get the game of year edition which comes with all the DLC.
  91. Oct 19, 2010
    Amazing, great writing and a massive world to explore. While its just a 100 hr expansion to fallout 3, thats not a bad thing at all. However, it DOES NOT fix any of the bugs. If you loved fallout 3, you'll love this.
  92. Dec 19, 2010
    This is Vegas, take a gamble... but remember the cardinal rule: the house always wins. As in you lost $60 on a broken game. If you have a good PC, DO NOT buy the PS3 version of this game. Simply put, you'll get sick of the constant crashing and hard-resetting (as in get up and go hold down the power button) long before you get to the end of the main quest. Don't even think about it. ThereThis is Vegas, take a gamble... but remember the cardinal rule: the house always wins. As in you lost $60 on a broken game. If you have a good PC, DO NOT buy the PS3 version of this game. Simply put, you'll get sick of the constant crashing and hard-resetting (as in get up and go hold down the power button) long before you get to the end of the main quest. Don't even think about it. There is no patch coming to fix it because it can't be fixed, it's a problem of the game engine being unsuitable for the PS3, as already proven in Fallout 3. I can't believe and at the same time am not surprised that they didn't revamp it for New Vegas. I rate this game an 8 on PC but a 3 on the PS3, because I and many other users can only play for... hmm, what will it be this time? 1 hour? 5 minutes? Spin the crash-wheel, who knows!? Enjoy the sucking frustration! Expand
  93. Oct 20, 2010
    I have a love/hate relationship with Fallout:Vegas. Its fun and if you like Fallout 3 you will like New Vegas. Typical of other Bethesda products this game has a ton of bugs. That would be my only complaint. Otherwise I bought it because I like the Fallout universe and thats what this game delivers on. If you are a fan of fallout 3 get this game.
  94. Dec 28, 2010
    Fun game with bugs. I liked the expansion and hope they go much further with the series. I'd really like to see professions added to the game that way if you want to sandbox the game and play for a long time you could. The non-linearity and multiple paths to follow is a big draw for me. I'm giving it an 8 for a fun story and playstyle, it loses 1 for the bugs which are unfixed MONTHS afterFun game with bugs. I liked the expansion and hope they go much further with the series. I'd really like to see professions added to the game that way if you want to sandbox the game and play for a long time you could. The non-linearity and multiple paths to follow is a big draw for me. I'm giving it an 8 for a fun story and playstyle, it loses 1 for the bugs which are unfixed MONTHS after release and the desire for me depth in social development. Expand
  95. Oct 24, 2010
    I'm still not sure why this game is receiving such low scores. I see Fallout New Vegas as a vastly improved Fallout 3. The gameplay is more fun with the new iron sights, the story is more intricate and well told, the sounds have been improved and it's LESS glitchy than Fallout 3. Now... I really hate having my PS3 crash because of a game, and Fallout New Vegas has crashed my systemI'm still not sure why this game is receiving such low scores. I see Fallout New Vegas as a vastly improved Fallout 3. The gameplay is more fun with the new iron sights, the story is more intricate and well told, the sounds have been improved and it's LESS glitchy than Fallout 3. Now... I really hate having my PS3 crash because of a game, and Fallout New Vegas has crashed my system twice now, but it isn't nearly as bad as Fallout 3 as far as stability. If it weren't for the occasional crashes and glitches, i'd give this game a 10... but all things considered, I think a 9 would be reasonable. Again, this game is better in every way than Fallout 3. Expand
  96. Oct 26, 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas, looks and plays exactly the same as Fallout 3. Is that a bad thing?, well not exactly. Why change a thing that works so well and plays beautifully? Fallout Vegas, like Fallout 3 has the Vats, which is what made the former so darn fun! The additions that Obsidian have made push the survival angle even further to provide a much more immersive and authentic experience,Fallout: New Vegas, looks and plays exactly the same as Fallout 3. Is that a bad thing?, well not exactly. Why change a thing that works so well and plays beautifully? Fallout Vegas, like Fallout 3 has the Vats, which is what made the former so darn fun! The additions that Obsidian have made push the survival angle even further to provide a much more immersive and authentic experience, and just like its predecessor New Vegas proves to be a role-playing genius. The game will take you HOURS and HOURS to obtain and complete everything there is to be had in a game. However, the game is riddled of bugs, glitches, and some glitches I ran into during my initial 40 hour gameplay experience DELETED my game saves/corruped it! Come to find out this is not at all uncommon, so be sure to have a memory stick to back up your HD save! It is too bad Obsidian did not learn from the folly of glitches of Fallout 3, which were also numerous. In this day in age games being put out with so many issues and bugs should never happen, but this has become a trend. However, I digress, Fallout Vegas starts off a different than 3, you are not an infant born in Vault, however the story starts off just as interesting and entertaining-and I won't spoil it either. The summary: Graphics-8 Same as fallout 3, not perfect, but still gorgeous in their own right. The facial animations are great w/ most characters but not each character seems to have the same polish the models/movements wont be winning any contests, oh, and the third person view of your character is still not good, walking on ice, the surrondings/environments are always fun to explore-despite the same color pallete; the only real set back are the bizzare glitches, missing heads, etc. from time to time. Sound: the voice acting is TOP notch, just as fallout 3. The music helps create the atmosphere, the radio stations however repeat way too often-bummer.
    Gameplay (most important in my mind): 9. Ok, like fallout 3 in most ways. You can kill in first person shooter and use VATS-awesome-removing heads never looked so good. The deep leveling system intact-which is what really helps make this game so great.
    Lasting Appeal: VERY HIGH. this game will take your HOURS; especially if you are into trophys/achievements. Final Word: Great game, very very fun, deep leveling and Vats system really make the game. The big issues are the glitches/bugs/crashes that should not happen in a game in this day in age (however the size of this game may make why there was less polish, but still no excuses). The only other complaint I had was maybe it was too much like fallout 3-at times I felt like I was playing the GREAT game, fallout 3 and just a large DLC. Also knowing there will be a ton of DLC I have thought maybe I should have waited and got the Edition they will most def put out that includes the DLC they are working on... HMM. oh well, I'm still loving it, but the more polish, less bugs, and some more additions/changes from fallout 3 would have made this a perfect 10 in my book, but because of those issues-8.5
  97. Nov 24, 2010
    This game would have been great if they had taken the Fallout 3 graphics and physics engine and re-used them with the new environment, despite the older technology. I played until I got to new vegas and a little past. The glitchy graphics were annoying but tolerable. But the constant crashing was just unacceptable. I mean once a night on average, half of the time completely locking upThis game would have been great if they had taken the Fallout 3 graphics and physics engine and re-used them with the new environment, despite the older technology. I played until I got to new vegas and a little past. The glitchy graphics were annoying but tolerable. But the constant crashing was just unacceptable. I mean once a night on average, half of the time completely locking up my PS3. Otherwise the game would have earned a solid 8 or 9. Expand
  98. Mar 13, 2011
    I love it. It's Fallout 3, only it's been "Oblivioned up". I felt I had a lot more freedom to choose my own path in New Vegas, and at times had up to ten quests to choose from. The landscape is much more varied than I had anticipated, some of the visuals are stunning. Don't believe me? Climb to the top of the rocks next to Caesar's supply drop and just look around. Stunning! TheI love it. It's Fallout 3, only it's been "Oblivioned up". I felt I had a lot more freedom to choose my own path in New Vegas, and at times had up to ten quests to choose from. The landscape is much more varied than I had anticipated, some of the visuals are stunning. Don't believe me? Climb to the top of the rocks next to Caesar's supply drop and just look around. Stunning! The interactions with other characters give you lots of options based on the type of character you are playing, and there is some pretty funny stuff in there...I decided to try before I bought the sexbot...ouch!
    Flower collection adds appeal for me. I rarely use them but I just love being able to interact with the scenery.
    The drawbacks which I have noticed are few and don't really bother me. The radio is slightly disappointing, not many songs and the DJ is certainly no Three Dog. Some of the songs are catchy though, I've caught myself whistling Heartaches by the Number at work a few times.
    There are a few glitches. The game freezes my console every now and then, which is annoying but I've usually got a save from not to far back. There are a couple of quests that didn't work out. One didn't disappear from my 'to-do' list even though I was finished and another one I fought four massive dogs in the arena (YES! There's an arena!) at Caesar's camp to win a stupid teddy bear for a girl called Melody, who now is nowhere to be found.
    Overall, I really enjoyed this and it has massive replay value due to the different paths you can take.
  99. Nov 16, 2011
    Is this game for me you may be asking yourself and you may be thinking this can't top fallout 3 and you right don't be fooled gamers sure it looks pleasing but it is far from it.Where to start? the less than decent graphic's the frequent glitches.There is so much wrong with this game it's not even funny from the horrible aim down sight's to the annoyingly short story.All i can say yes itIs this game for me you may be asking yourself and you may be thinking this can't top fallout 3 and you right don't be fooled gamers sure it looks pleasing but it is far from it.Where to start? the less than decent graphic's the frequent glitches.There is so much wrong with this game it's not even funny from the horrible aim down sight's to the annoyingly short story.All i can say yes it is a fallout game but a good fallout game no.For people who have not played the series you should play the third one well worth the money.With plenty to do.And that is why i am giving fallout new vegas a 5/10 Expand
  100. Jun 7, 2016
    Fallout New Vegas was amazing and still is amazing. Sure the graphics have aged, but it's stylized and still has that rusty dusty Mojave Charm.

The main quest is compelling and transpires from a classical revenge story in to a battle between three amazing factions, The Legion,Mr House's Vegas,The NCR and there is another faction the player can win with using a robot. The gunplay is

The gunplay is solid enough and there is a huge cast of them, weapon modifications are also a welcome addition and give the game a lot more replay value. Armor and clothing is also much wider in variety and there is one for every person.

The writing in this game is absolutely amazing. The main quest has hundreds of permutations of endings although 4 primary ones and each is truly great. The dialogue in every encounter is amazing, you will usually have 4-5 great dialogue choices that suit 99% of roleplays, and also there is additional skill based dialogue which gives the game replay value. Side quests are fun, and sometimes light hearted although it has a very dark cloud over it all the time.

The environmental design is jaw dropping, Post apocalyptic Las Vegas has never looked this good. Yes there is vast amounts of bland dessert you have to walk through, but it only adds to the contrast once you find civilization.

Overall I would give this game a 9.5, only losing the .5 because there is the occasional non gamebreaking bug, which sometimes takes one out of immersion. Great game, would reccomend to everyone to buy. This is an instant classic that people will be playing in 10 years or even 20 years time.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 24, 2011
    A wild ride, and worth the price of admission, but you've been on this one before. [December 2010 p71]
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    The technology of the newest part of the fallout series is over aged and besides the hardcore mode and the reputation-system, the new features of New Vegas are manageable. But altogether, New Vegas is a successful new part and not just an add-on, with more than 100 hours of gaming, an interesting story and a new setting to explore.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    If you are looking for a universe full of adventures and challenges, Fallout: New Vegas is your game, and for many more months.