8.1

1. May 1, 2013
    I'm really suprised that Ubisoft did this game. They're usually not very clever or creative lately, just putting out generic and predictable games... well not all of their titles, but many of them. Like sequels to the Tom Clancy games, for example. But this is just out of this world creative. I've never seen a gaming company do anything so satirical and ironic and hilarious. The game isI'm really suprised that Ubisoft did this game. They're usually not very clever or creative lately, just putting out generic and predictable games... well not all of their titles, but many of them. Like sequels to the Tom Clancy games, for example. But this is just out of this world creative. I've never seen a gaming company do anything so satirical and ironic and hilarious. The game is actually GOOD too, especially for an arcade game. Really amazing stuff. Expand
  2. May 1, 2013
    Well, the game is funny and the gameplay excellent. Best weapons ever and the story line dumb as hell. I see a lot people complaining about the game deepness, duration, etc in front of FC3. Hey guy this is a 15$ title! 1/4 of FC3 price. Just be logic. It definitely worth more than 15$.
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    I'm a jaded gamer, especially for fps, but man do I love this game. I actually like it more than the normal FC3. Feels like running around an eighties sci-fi flick complete with your character cracking one liners. The humour and quirkiness and lack of giving a single (all games need these load screen messages) really makes it for me. Weapons are supremely satisfying, both in how theyI'm a jaded gamer, especially for fps, but man do I love this game. I actually like it more than the normal FC3. Feels like running around an eighties sci-fi flick complete with your character cracking one liners. The humour and quirkiness and lack of giving a single (all games need these load screen messages) really makes it for me. Weapons are supremely satisfying, both in how they fire and how blue cyber blood sprays all over the place. Side quests feel more necessary now because you need them for weapon upgrades. In normal FC3 I did like jack for side quests other than unique animal hunts cause they weren't necessary; money wasn't needed cause radio towers meant free guns. Honestly some of the most fun I've had in a game for a long time, because it doesn't take itself too seriously and has awesome core mechanics. And the music and cinematics are great, and the writing and story despite not being of the most serious tone (which: who cares) entertained me more than those in many full price AAA titles. I also liked not having to worry about an upgrade path. Expand
  4. May 1, 2013
    BEST $15 DOLLAR GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Apr 30, 2013
    Tbh, I am completely fatigued with shooters. I'm already not looking forward to all the shooters coming out for the PS4 and PizzaBox. That being said, FC3BD has me grinning from ear to ear. The cliche 80s sci-fi has never felt fresher. The music is brillant, the visuals are stellar, and the gameplay is excellent. And not having to mess around in the menus deciding on upgrade paths orTbh, I am completely fatigued with shooters. I'm already not looking forward to all the shooters coming out for the PS4 and PizzaBox. That being said, FC3BD has me grinning from ear to ear. The cliche 80s sci-fi has never felt fresher. The music is brillant, the visuals are stellar, and the gameplay is excellent. And not having to mess around in the menus deciding on upgrade paths or crafting stuff is liberating. Thanks very much to all who made this! Maybe the faceless suits and marketing teams haven't yet completely corrupted the artistic integrity of the industry. (actually, they have, and its falling apart all around us) Expand
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    This is an Amazing Game. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is not only a love song to anyone who enjoyed movies such as Aliens, Terminator, Robocop & The Running Man AND Total Recall--it's legitimately a wonderful game! I still go around saying lines as Hicks from Aliens. The fact that they got Michael Biehn to be the hero shows they are paying attention! Awesome graphics, a funny and strong plot andThis is an Amazing Game. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is not only a love song to anyone who enjoyed movies such as Aliens, Terminator, Robocop & The Running Man AND Total Recall--it's legitimately a wonderful game! I still go around saying lines as Hicks from Aliens. The fact that they got Michael Biehn to be the hero shows they are paying attention! Awesome graphics, a funny and strong plot and tons of reply value. You're going to love the soundtrack to, crank it up! This review is a little scatter brain but when you've been killing cyborgs in a neon world it can be hard to stay focused! Ha! Go out and buy this game and have an amazing weekend!!! Expand
  7. May 11, 2013
    If you have a sense of humor, like to have fun and played FC3 then this game is a sure thing and a guaranteed blast for you. I don't know what else to say. Go get it and play it and enjoy. Highly recommended.
  8. Aug 14, 2013
    I love the whole retro look and feel to this solid FPS...Okay so it's not Black Ops quality but for a download what were you expecting for the money.
    If you get the whole 80's throwback gameplay then this game is an absolute treat which I play most days since I first downloaded it nearly a month ago.
  9. May 9, 2014
    Dammit... inadvertently reviewed Mass Effect 2 for this one instead. Man, am I an idiot. Score still stands, tho. It's a 9. Wish that this one was the bigger entry of the 2. I really dug it.
  10. May 5, 2013
    in the begining i was like wtf is this and lader on i thing this could it ol but wenn i buy this i finisht the game in one day and i was so happy i buyt this it inst better than farcry 3 but for 15 buks its awsome this is how duke nukem hat to be this is sci fiction its not the best story line but its the action the fun cutscene and the jokes the make al the time in the tutorial thein the begining i was like wtf is this and lader on i thing this could it ol but wenn i buy this i finisht the game in one day and i was so happy i buyt this it inst better than farcry 3 but for 15 buks its awsome this is how duke nukem hat to be this is sci fiction its not the best story line but its the action the fun cutscene and the jokes the make al the time in the tutorial the loadscreen its realy fun the sex scene in the last mission makes this game wort triging Expand
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    I really like this game! If he doesn't make any sense with Far Cry 3, but is good. The graphics are good and shiny. I like the ideea to do a futuristic enviroment. What I like so much is the originality (like an '80's game :D He's remember me the old movies that I watched when I was a kid. For his price is cheep (15 so I don't critic too much. The gameplay was changed a little bit andI really like this game! If he doesn't make any sense with Far Cry 3, but is good. The graphics are good and shiny. I like the ideea to do a futuristic enviroment. What I like so much is the originality (like an '80's game :D He's remember me the old movies that I watched when I was a kid. For his price is cheep (15 so I don't critic too much. The gameplay was changed a little bit and that's sadly. I wanted an Far Cry much evolved at gameplay mecanics. Expand
  12. Jun 3, 2013
    the best thing about this game is that it doesn't take itself seriously, great music gameplay and stunning looking graphics felt like I was playing this game on a high end pc
  13. Jun 8, 2013
    In this game you are armed to the teeth and mostly free to tackle the missions as you see fit. At least, as long as your strategy involves shooting things. The story is cheesy but sets the mood just right. Reminiscent of the original Duke Nukem 3D, a lot of mindless fun.
  14. Jun 27, 2013
    Blood Dragon, a very decent game that at times is hilarious with its collection of clichés and silly gameplay, the weapons are very good, the story isn't fantastic but its not bad, and to be honest that's not what the game is about either, its about having loads of fun, and that's exactly what I had. A great game joking about the 80s from Ubisoft, with very random and crazy statements likeBlood Dragon, a very decent game that at times is hilarious with its collection of clichés and silly gameplay, the weapons are very good, the story isn't fantastic but its not bad, and to be honest that's not what the game is about either, its about having loads of fun, and that's exactly what I had. A great game joking about the 80s from Ubisoft, with very random and crazy statements like the apocalypse has had an apocalypse and from the nuclear ashes of Vietnam war 2 a new breed of soldier was born... super-commandos or something to that effect. ridiculous, Brilliant. Expand
  15. Jul 15, 2013
    Why do we play Video Games Because playing Video Games are fun. When all is said and done, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is the most fun iv'e had playing a Video Game in recent years.
  16. Nov 30, 2013
    Now this is the FPS I've been waiting for. I've not had this much fun blasting bad guys since the "timesplitters" series.
    Blood dragon is a tribute to the action movies of the 80's. There are so many references to much loved movies of the time, it is a pleasure to discover them all. The visuals ooze 80's charm ,the guns are satisfying, the action is over the top and fun, and my god the soundtrack; its amazing.
    My only complaint is that the campaign is not long enough. The story was so much fun, the credits rolled leaving me wanting more. Sure, there's hunting missons and enemy bases to capture to keep you busy, but the story is so funny, and the characters are so likable you don't want it to end as quickly as it does.
    I really hope hope Ubisoft takes the feedback from these reviews and creates a larger stand alone sequel.
    We all need more Rex Colt in our lives. We also need titles like this to show us a FPS doesn't have to be a serious affair to be successful.
    Well done Ubisoft. More please.
  17. Jun 20, 2014
    This digital spin off was definitely worth my time and $15. The visuals, acting, shooting, cut scenes, and weapons were all excellent. However, the most memorable part about Blood Dragon was the insane and hilarious sense of humor.
    VERDICT:
    +Hilarious
    +Fun Shooting
    +80 's like feel
    -Can be easy
  18. Nov 21, 2014
    You want a Retro 80 Style Shooter? You get it!
    For a Stand-Alone-Title this game rocks like no other!
    You can have too much fun on the whole map and the Upgrades are hilarious + the Dialogues and Voice of Rex is pure Hollywood.

Cant wait to play the the follow-up Title on the PS4!

1. In case you still do not get it, Blood Dragon is a roller-coaster ride through a magical land filled with high-explosives and anything (and we mean literally anything) that even remotely refers to the action packed, but campy eighties. [May 2013, p.93]
  2. May 27, 2013
    For anyone who yearns for the days of Knight Rider, new-wave, big hair and cyborg arms, Blood Dragon is an essential bit of bizarre nostalgia. [Issue#231, p.85]
  3. May 22, 2013
    Even though it runs out of gas near the end, the outrageous weapons, offbeat setting, the intentionally cheesy lines, and fast action make Blood Dragon an enemy of cookie-cutter tyranny everywhere.