8.5

1. Dec 31, 2012
    I dont like fps pretty much but let me tell you something this one is pretty good,the main story is not that long but you'll have some fun with it...the hunting is easy but it gets boring in a while..crafting is simple..they're some alternative missions but theyre pretty boring...but people if you want a game that have a lot of fun in it definately buy this i promess you'll love it ;)I dont like fps pretty much but let me tell you something this one is pretty good,the main story is not that long but you'll have some fun with it...the hunting is easy but it gets boring in a while..crafting is simple..they're some alternative missions but theyre pretty boring...but people if you want a game that have a lot of fun in it definately buy this i promess you'll love it ;) ...gameplay 8.5,camera 10,controls 8.5,fun 8.5,sound 8 , music 8 replayability 7 = 83 = 8 Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    It's more like a 9.5, but it's definitely better than a 9.0, so I had to go with 10. There is very little wrong with this game. The world is amazing to look at and to run through. The story is solid, and the game plays great. If you like first-person shooters or even if you don't give this game a try
  3. Jan 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the best game i ever play in the long time. You play as Jason Brody and goal is to save your girlfriend , friends, and sibling from pirate and the bad ass Villain, Vaas as you explore Rook island and discover many different things including World War 2 bunkers. As you progress through the game, you start off from being inexperience in survival and combat to a tough cookie byFar Cry 3 is the best game i ever play in the long time. You play as Jason Brody and goal is to save your girlfriend , friends, and sibling from pirate and the bad ass Villain, Vaas as you explore Rook island and discover many different things including World War 2 bunkers. As you progress through the game, you start off from being inexperience in survival and combat to a tough cookie by gaining xp from killing the enemies by stealth and/or going Rambo to completing objectives. The cool thing you can do in the game is to mixing plants from collecting plant to make cool things like have the ability to see through wall or tree of an enemies or animals or increase hipfire accurate. Another cool thing in the game is, like Red Dead Redemption, when you hunt animal, you cut their skin & use the skin of an animal you cut off as an upgrade to several items like increasing your Slot for you weapon you carry. I haven't touch the co-op yet but Multiplayer is fun. At the end of each matches, you can either show the higher score of a other team player or punish them and there are alot of crazy funny choice in mulitplayer depend on what you choose otherwise see for yourself. Not to mention the Map editor is the huge part of this game not only the single player because you can custom your own map how ever you like it (i made 5 or 6 map so far). There are infinite of maps you can play either on the silver playlist or the bronze playlist or even go on map editor archive (but make sure you have friends that play this game to invite them in order to try one map in Map editor archive). Overall, buy this game, it worth every penny. Expand
  4. Jan 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The World:
    This is an expansive world for a FPS. where most shooters will restrict you to an area or will divide the world into regions, this game does not restrict you on where and what you should do. The entire island is yours.
    The world is filled up with flora and fauna that would take hours to explore. The animals can be tame or hostile, it could be simply walking about or prowling a prey which may be a herbivore... or worse, you!
    Ofcourse getting around sounds tedious with all the animals, mountains, forests, waterfalls, rivers and outposts you have to explore but they gave us a LOT of transportation to go around from ATVs to gliders, getting around never gets boring.

The Content:
    The main questline is pretty much straightforward. rescue your friends and get off the island. But why would you do that with 2 bars of health and 1 weapon holster? not to mention, very limited ammunition. You need to expand your capabilities(and pockets)!
    Hunting animals for materials then crafting said materials to increase your loot capacity, Ammo bags, weapon holsters (up to 4 weapons with you at once) and medical syringe bag is considered a must in this game. it reduces the difficulty of an encounter by giving you the tools you need to survive.
    Gathering plants are also of import if you want to craft different kinds of medicine for you to use, from regular health to "extended underwater breathing".
    No adventure is also complete with the feeling of accomplishment and growing. There is an RPG element in this game that allows you to allocate your experience(yes that means level ups) to 3 unique skill trees that would allow for some crazy builds. from stealth snipers to hulking chargers, the possibilities are vast!

The Bad:
    very few. The few bugs in the game (sliding off the mountain to a car waiting at the bottom makes you 'float' between the vehicle and the mountain) can easily be amended by reloading or fast travelling to a safehouse. Whilst we get to see Jason Brody grow and become the 'ultimate warrior' we see very little of his relationships with his friends and other companions. shame. would have been additional content for the game and would boost the story tenfold.

The Verdict:
    A very high score from me. This is an adventure worth undertaking. An expansive world, loads of sidequests and events in game makes this release one to enjoy.
  5. Jan 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is not for the rookies with FPS. Visual are good but after a period you feel that u have lost in the same forest again. Story is simple but effective and with other skills like hunting etc is an ad don to the game with one price.
  6. Feb 6, 2013
    This was everything I was hoping for! Fast pace fps with a slight mix of RPG. The only issues i had with the game is hours into it, i had every skill. Wish there was more tiers and a little more choice when it came to picking them. Other than that it was a great game had so much fun couldn't put it down!
  7. Feb 6, 2013
    this is a great game, i loved playing it, but it took me a long time to complete some of the missions
    i done every well on this, i cannot wait for a new one
  8. Feb 25, 2013
    The game is awesome. Graphics are great, maps are big and detailed, no lag, glitches or bugs. Great storyline. Feature-ful multiplayer. Game relies heavily on player choice. Great sandbox modes. Addicting multiplayer. Gameplay is kind of like a mix between halo 4 and GRand theft auto.
  9. Feb 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was one of those games where I dreaded thinking about the ending of the game, I always checked my game progress to make sure I still had at least 50% more to go. Unfortunately once I finished the game I had no intentions of beating it all over again, after the story was cleared I was drawn towards the multiplayer aspect of the game. And again to report in disappointment..... IFar Cry 3 was one of those games where I dreaded thinking about the ending of the game, I always checked my game progress to make sure I still had at least 50% more to go. Unfortunately once I finished the game I had no intentions of beating it all over again, after the story was cleared I was drawn towards the multiplayer aspect of the game. And again to report in disappointment..... I was disappointed, It excelled in the campaign but fell short with global gaming. Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2013
    Hands down the best game of the year. You get a fun multiplayer. And the story will keep you entertained for like 20-30 hours. You get bang for your buck and is pretty challenging
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    I am not a big 1st person shooter fan anyway but I wasn't all that impressed with it. I know some love it but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I didn't make it far enough to where the real fun started
  12. Apr 10, 2013
    This is a game for bro's. I do not mean that in a good way. If you identify yourself or your friends as bro's than you will love this game for its over the top everything. If you are not a bro and think of bro's as big buff immature kids in desperate need of substance than you will feel exactly like that towards this game. This game relies on the F word way too much.
  13. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was brilliant. The campaign was absolutely amazing, with a superb mix of an intriguing story line, intense game-play and well played out scenes. The multiplayer is pretty fun, but not something I would play all the time.
  14. Jun 28, 2013
    I loved Far Cry 2, and i expected this to be an ultimate survivor story filled with dangerous animals, and you'd have to use your survival instincts to prevail against the dangers of the jungle. What did i get? A little boy playing with a machete in a jungle, throwing rocks and assassinating mercenaries. WHAT?! I did not ask for this. The only decent thing about this is stealth-mechanics,I loved Far Cry 2, and i expected this to be an ultimate survivor story filled with dangerous animals, and you'd have to use your survival instincts to prevail against the dangers of the jungle. What did i get? A little boy playing with a machete in a jungle, throwing rocks and assassinating mercenaries. WHAT?! I did not ask for this. The only decent thing about this is stealth-mechanics, because the shooting has been messed up, and sometimes you think your AK and sniper-rifle are shooting BB-pellets. The Co-op is horrible and the multiplayer is so, so bad. The singleplayer is the only decent thing in this PS3-CD, what contains game-files what Ubisoft calls a game. The only things worth mentioning of this game are: That you don't have to take malaria medicine and this game helped make the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which i personally loved. So the plain Far Cry 3 was good on the storyboard and theory but was executed horribly. What can i say? Good try, bad outcome. Expand
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    This game features stunning visuals, a decent story, and fun combat. The hunting mechanic was a very interesting and fun addition. However, once you complete the story and begin doing side missions, the game gets rather boring. Once you've killed one tiger, you've killed em all. In my opinion, Far Cry 2 was a better game.
  16. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is wonderful. The trippy but good story. The gigantic world to explore. The freedom to either go guns blazing or pick them off like a ninja. The multiplayer and co-op are good too. And Vaas is an awesome villian. One of the only things I didnt like was that almost all the boss fights are quick time events. In all it was a fantastic game that I had a lot of fun with.
  17. Sep 25, 2013
    I did not enjoy this one as much as the second farcry but the third was still pretty fun. I like the gamepay and the graphics but the story and controls did not tickle my fancy but still a good game!!!!
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    Big disappointment, no wonder watchdogs has been delayed, these guys miss the point, naughty dog and bethseda know how to develop games, this is a boring mess. Menus, mission structure and characters are the worst I have ever seen, I pushed through 6 hours and am ready to throw it in the bin, 3 points for nice graphics.
  19. May 14, 2014
    Ubisoft has took a giant step forward from Far Cry 2. Unlike its precessor, Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable, polished and interesting adventure with loads of ways to play it.
    The plot's quality is over the average of this kind of games and the ending is awesome.
    Summarizing, a must have.
  20. Jun 29, 2014
    Best open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combatBest open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combat is good, and so is the story. Very few cons in this game. A MUST BUY. Expand
  21. May 16, 2014
    One of the best game of 2012! Amazing gameplay, story line and open huge world..
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game throw you right into action, which is not that bad, abit to rushed though.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much. you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different,
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much.
    you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different, but have the same kind of skin disappoints me a little..

Missions and side stories are in general ok, but some is REALLY frustrating compared to the rest.

The game focuses alot on doing stuff around besides saving your friends, which makes little sence to me, your friends are freaking captured, if you gonna save them, whats the point of activating radio towers while your friends are held captive?

ANYWAYS, the game really focuses on rushing you into things, give you small thrills and hypes during intense moments, but the controlls and how you move around, doesn't quite fit in.
    if this game was supposed to be given to someone as a gift it would mainly be because you hated the person and wanted them to suffer abit.

We also tried to check how the Multiplayer for online worked, and we used quite a while to even find out where we had to click to join eachothers, you didn't even get up a notice on "you have an invite" or "Person has invited you to play" nope, you have to go on multiplayer - Multiplayer - Friends - The friend that has invited you - accept invite...
    and people quick joins so fast that its mearly impossible to freaking join your friend.. which really sucks.
    couldn't they just have made the same system as Call of Duty? you get a mail in your inbox to join a friend..
    atleast that was simple and it worked.

sorry but it won't be a high grade from me on this.
  23. Aug 5, 2013
    Superb game top notch presentation, extremely addictive and fun gameplay and a nice story. The open-world feeling is so exciting and empowering a true delight! A must buy.
  24. Feb 11, 2014
    One of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that itOne of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that it makes up for all the flaws in the MP. Expand
  25. Jun 26, 2013
    Pretty nice game, extremely bland and silly story though. I never felt anything for any character in the game. However the gameplay was very fun and there was some good variation and progression. Fun to play but ultimately I didn't really care about why I was playing it. The sidemissions were utterly pointless and for once I didn't care about doing them at all. Normally I want to completePretty nice game, extremely bland and silly story though. I never felt anything for any character in the game. However the gameplay was very fun and there was some good variation and progression. Fun to play but ultimately I didn't really care about why I was playing it. The sidemissions were utterly pointless and for once I didn't care about doing them at all. Normally I want to complete every mission availible. Expand
  26. May 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version isFar Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version is weapons (including a bow), side quests, mini games, crafting and animals that you can hunt. Hunting animals is a way to upgrade your weapons and items by crafting the skins of the animals you hunted. The crafting elements works well and is very easy to understand and use (you can also craft from plants for healing and combat purposes). For me the biggest negative for Far Cry 3 is that I didn't fall in love with the single player main characters. But not all characters in game are dull. Some of the NPC characters were interesting. While the multiplayer is very basic and doesn't do anything different than the previous COD does. It does entertain you for awhile but I recommend sticking with single player first. Graphics and sounds are beautiful. Far Cry 3 water elements are one of the best I've seen up to now in any game. Another favorite thing for me was taking over enemy camps by either sneaking in with your stealth like abilities or guns blazing. Other interesting elements to note are, RPG like level ups for your main character and customize weapons. Much more can be said about Far Cry 3 but I will leave that up to you to discover for yourself. If you liked Far Cry 2 than you will enjoy Far Cry 3 even more! Expand
  27. Jun 20, 2014
    I'm just gonna add one thing: the best controls for a character in all my PS3 games. They're intuitive, well mapped, and the character does what you're expecting. Should be a standard for all future action games! At last, no more cursor/messages telling you where to go, what to do, and what button to push. Back to old school!
  28. May 24, 2015
    This is GTA goes to the jungle. I actually had a lot more fun with this game than with GTA. I found it doesn't take itself too seriously and the wild animals really get you scarred and worried. I got frightened on more than one occasion by wild unexpected attacks. It was awesome.
    I loved how the maps can be bought (within the game) to help you find things needed to 100% the game, rather than tedious exploring which quickly gets boring. The variety of side challenges, quests and high score levels all polish it off.
    Overall this game is just fun to play. You won't want it end.
  29. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  30. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  31. Jan 13, 2014
    I really tried to like this game. At the beginning, this game looked so promising and amazingly good. I am generally easy to please, but there were too many fundamental flaws that bothered me significantly.

The most egregious flaw is the terribly overcompensating poor AI. I could snipe a guard from 200m away and it barely misses the enemy yet fifteen enemies in an entire compound know EXACTLY where I am immediately after the miss (with a silencer no less!). I’ve played plenty of stealth games before, but the mechanics in this one are one of the worst because it significantly hampers the stealth aspects.

Farcy 3 is mostly a sandbox game. It is fun at first, but many elements like finding relics are tacked on. Overtaking enemy compounds are wildly fun at first, but quickly become tedious.

The game is kind of split into two parts. The meat of the story is in the first half. I found no reason to play the second half as the story tapers off significantly, and the difficulty skyrockets to laughable heights. This left me very little reason to keep going.

Everything about the weapons is top notch. Their looks, feel, and use are one of the best of any shooter. This was one of the best aspects of the game.

Although somewhat unimportant, another head-scratcher was the wild animals that deplete your health way too easily. Getting attacked by a komodo dragon is worse than getting a point black bullet by an AK47. Additionally, falling from very short heights took away a lot of health.

The game seems like the graphics should be good. They are very pretty if not moving. I had an insanely bad framerate/screen tearing problem that was far and away the worst of any PS3 game I’ve played this gen. It was almost unplayable.

The game is mostly good, but the bad parts are really bad in my opinion. The premise was amazing, but the execution was mediocre.
  32. Jul 8, 2013
    Wonderful game. I do not play alot of games, as I enjoy the GTA series and things of that nature and hate 1st person games. However this game is great. Great story, characters, graphics, etc. Love it.
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    What I've realised is that almost all of my problems are the same ones that I have with Assassin's Creed, which makes sense given that it's made by the same people.

The game takes a few seconds to open any chest, or loot a body, or skin an animal. It isn't a significant amount of time, and I guess to some this complaint will be very spergy. But I have to watch these same animations over and over, when they may as well be instant. What do these animations serve; realism? They still aren't that realistic. Instead, every time I do one of these repetitive tasks, that take a few seconds, I feel time slipping away. This game is fun to play if you just want something to suck up all your time (hence why the box for the Lost Expedition edition brags about "40 extra minutes of gameplay" as if length equals quality), but not if you want a game where you'll be 100% engaged at all times.

Climbing the radio towers isn't a fun mechanic, and is even more repetitive than Assassin's Creed, which at least had the climbing-parkour-puzzle mechanic to go with it. Clearing the outposts is fun but... the problem is, once you clear the area, there are no dynamic enemies in this area any more. That means, there's no tension if I need to go from the checkpoint to a mission marker, the travel time is boring. It suffers from the problem that the single player campaign missions are easily the best part of the game everything else feels like filler.

This game doesn't flesh out its open world mechanics to the extent of something like Skyrim or New Vegas, which is maybe too hard a bar to expect. But it doesn't have as many fun things to do between missions as something like Saints Row or GTA either. Every "open world" aspect of this game is just totally half-assed.

I know I'm late to the party on this game, and I'll probably still finish it... and give Blood Dragon a shot. I don't hate this game overall nor do I hate AC (I still haven't played the third one after being disappointed by Brotherhood and Revelations...) I just feel like there's something insidious and dull about the way Ubisoft do open world and now I'm worried Watch_Dogs will have the same damn problems.
  34. May 28, 2013
    This is a great fun game with a really good story. The game is only about 15hrs. but worth anything you want to pay for it. For an aging PS4 the graphic are pretty good but there are a lot of frame drops in the game.
  35. Aug 7, 2013
    I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end.I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end. The end itself well... let's just say that it crumbled too fast in a clumsy way. Exception made to the helicopter mission (does anyone heard about a film called Apocalypse Now?). It puts a smile on your face. But then again the rest is awesome and Vaas steals the game in terms of character. Great villain, scary and unstable. Expand
  36. Mar 23, 2014
    It's the best shooter I played in a while ! It has great mechanics, great graphics and cool weapons. Since it's an open world, you can concentrate on doing the main missions or doing a lots of sidequests.
  37. Apr 18, 2014
    The immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the sideThe immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the side missions are either typical searches for worthless collectibles, or the "thrill" of jumping your way to the top of radio towers to press a button. The best part about this game was the chaining of kills by using throwing knives which was admittedly a cool feature, but it wasn't often that enemies would be grouped close enough together to pull it off. The multiplayer co-op was a snooze fest, and I didn't bother with any of the other deathmatch since their weren't any trophies for it, but I heard it was terrible anyway. I had intended to try out the map editor when I first started the game, but after completing everything else I just wasn't motivated. All in all, a good looking but shallow open-world game with very little replay value. Expand
  38. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  39. Mar 9, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer fromFarcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer from the main quest are not so overwhelming that you feel you will never complete them. Farcry 3 allows you to choose just how long you want to spend exploring the island, some days I just dedicated them to removing all those diamonds off my map or making all the red go away! The menu also has this very handy log that lets you know just how much of what you have left before collecting rewards, something that I was very grateful for. The controls aren't wonky or awkward, I personally did not experience any lag or long load times. The visual setting is beautiful and the combat is typical but not in a boring way. It's not a complicated game but it will def keep you engaged in it for periods much longer than you would expect. In it simplicity lies it's genius. It gives you the feel of your own island where you do whatever the hell you feel like doing but not so much that you get distracted from the plot. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, simple, functional, and just generally fun. I have and will continue to recommend this game to my friends. I give it a 10 because I don't feel there is anything to improve on. Game on! Expand
  40. Mar 19, 2013
    Just awesome. beautiful graphics and open world Action shooter made me this game a masterpiece 10/10.i also like the craft system and the animals such as tiger and shark. It looks realistic and Detailed.
  41. Apr 29, 2013
    FC3 is one of the best games i have ever played. How can you not like a game that incorporate wildlife so well? It's fun and very immersive world but not overly intimidating to new comers.
  42. May 1, 2013
    Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said.
  43. Mar 6, 2013
    I fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (andI fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (and that`s good), an the unpredictable ending(s) makes you keep thinking about the island long after you finished the game. Expand
  44. Mar 19, 2013
    One of the biggest drawbacks in history of gaming to gameplay. It literally takes every bad element of sandbox games and throws them at you. There is no sense of accomplishment when doing side quests/side missions and take outposts. All that happens is you see a gradual influence in the presence of friendly forces, which has been done better in way older games. The hunting mechanic isOne of the biggest drawbacks in history of gaming to gameplay. It literally takes every bad element of sandbox games and throws them at you. There is no sense of accomplishment when doing side quests/side missions and take outposts. All that happens is you see a gradual influence in the presence of friendly forces, which has been done better in way older games. The hunting mechanic is laughably unrealistic and provides no real advantage to completing. The AI of both the animals and human enemies is the least creative and shallow I have seen in a long time. Overall, a decent game which gives you a great first impression but the shallow gameplay quickly overwhelms you. Expand
  45. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker,Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker, and, my favorite, completely destroy enemy pirates in countless ways (my favorite is running them over). However, beating out all of those features are the villains, Vaas and Hoyt. They are two of the best villains I have seen in a long time. This game is fun, thrilling, and humorous, and will have you playing again and again. Far Cry 3 is a can't-miss! Expand
  46. Apr 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybodyFar Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybody needs to play! Expand
  47. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way.Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  48. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  49. Mar 30, 2013
    Free roaming, non-linear, look great and you decide what you want to do and where to go next this is what games in 2013 should be. Best game I've played all year.
  50. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  51. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this.
  52. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  53. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The oneI love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  54. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. ISo, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  55. May 4, 2013
    First off, Far Cry 3 is not by any means a dark game about survival and madness. It tells a fanastic story of violence and insanity, but that only addresses the story, which is activated by walking to story mission activation points designated on your map (like more than a few other games) and then the Far Cry 3 becomes a movie. Anyone like me who wants to spend some time playing the gameFirst off, Far Cry 3 is not by any means a dark game about survival and madness. It tells a fanastic story of violence and insanity, but that only addresses the story, which is activated by walking to story mission activation points designated on your map (like more than a few other games) and then the Far Cry 3 becomes a movie. Anyone like me who wants to spend some time playing the game will spend most of their time trotting about a beautiful island completely carefree while driving cars off cliffs and blowing stuff up.
    ****IN SHORT: This is a cool cinematic game with an open world cartoon playground on the side.
  56. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you playIf I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  57. May 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear,Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear, unsatisfying co-op and an unoriginal multiplayer. Also the story, while enjoyable, It has some dull moments. But with the deeply enjoyable story mode, amazing graphics and a great cast of characters, Far Cry 3 is a success. Expand
  58. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  59. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk. Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money. And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it!
  60. Jul 3, 2013
    There are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life andThere are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life and the story gives this game what it needs to be a great game. Expand
  61. Jul 5, 2013
  62. Aug 18, 2013
    Every once in a while, a shooter comes along that blows your socks off. This is one of those shooters. It presents excellence at every turn. There's so much to see, and do and a lets you approach a task however you see fit.
    Beautiful visuals, great sounds, a fantastic story and so much to experience ensures a long time spent playing the single player over and over again.
    It has its own

It has its own multiplayer campaign, with its own story and colourful characters. And FREE dlc! It's no nonsense blasting that presents a good challenge and satisfying shooting, that will see you and three others working together to get back a stash of stolen cash. I particularly love the addition of competitive challenges in every level; Quad bike and jet ski racing, sniper range and so much more.

The competitive multiplayer is the weakest aspect, but still good fun due to the ability to play custom made maps and upload your own creations.

Buy it, play it, and play it again. Far cry 3 is a must own.
  63. Aug 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with theFar Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with the animals not always being in the same area every time you approached them and also with them having the ability to have smart AI for just creatures. The lighting was good with the trees and grass looking great for such a big game.
    Gameplay wise the bow and arrow was so fun to use in this game. Stealth was my best friend in this game and for some reason I always felt like Rambo when taking on an outpost. Guns felt shaky at times though, where I thought the gameplay took a small hit. The free roam aspect of the game was great in this game just like Far Cry 2. It felt as if they did it better in this game with it being an island though.
    I loved the story in my opinion even though at times I did find myself saying, "Well that was too easy," or "Really, that's all?" Even with that I liked that I actually felt something for the main character's friends and even if the game would let me roam, I didn't want to because in my head there was a time clock for their lives. The main character and villains in this game were written well I think, but the supporting characters...not so much. You will know what I mean at times in the game.

I would completely recommend buying this game. It's fun and has a great story but if you're looking for great multiplayer I wouldn't play it here.

Great! 8.5/10
    Aaron
  64. ahw
    Aug 9, 2013
    Mediocre game. The type of game that demonstrates how professional game reviewers do not have enough time to put into the games they review to give it a proper evaluation.

On the front end, FC3 is a very fun game. There's a lot to do: aside from progressing in the stories there are a plethora of quests and challenges to tackle. There's also some free-roaming content for those that don't enjoy claustrophobic, linear games.

However, it only takes a few hours to experience everything FC3's open world has to offer. Upgrades and craftable items are quickly maxed hour early in the game, eliminating the incentive to hunt wildlife. You'll find more than enough treasure just by progressing through the story missions, making free roaming treasure hunts rather pointless.

The story has some well thought out sequences, such as a few creative drug-induced hallucinogenic scenes, but overall is rather unlikable because every single character in the game is a douche. Including the player-controlled protagonist. You play as a douche-y, college-aged, Los Angeles rich kid whose fancy tropical vacation gets interrupted when you and your douche-y friends get kidnapped by the local drug cartel. Needless to say, I wasn't very emotionally invested in rescuing the player-character or his friends.

Also, the player-character falls for the same stupid traps set up by the villain more times than Wile-E-Coyote gets fooled by the Roadrunner. Spoiler Alert: your character will rush blind into a room and get jumped by the antagonist about a half dozen times in the game. No worries though, the player-character's idiocy is matched by the antagonist, who, despite capturing you multiple times throughout the game, decides that a bullet to the brain isn't fancy enough and takes a page from a James Bond villain by trying to finish you off in a manner that inevitably leaves open the possibility of your escape.

A third of the way into the game, I played on hoping the story got better. Two-thirds in the game, the only inertia carrying me on is my OCD need to finish things I start. Hopefully I can save some time for any fellow OCD gamers out there: just don't start. It does not get better.
  65. Sep 30, 2013
    Overrated game, however it is still a pretty good game! The story is pretty interesting and has one awesome villain! The guns are really cool to and the multiplayer is pretty fun. BUT, the game is buggy as hell! Maybe ubisoft has patched it since i played it last time but then it was pretty buggy.
  66. Aug 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to playFar Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to play with your friends and talk with headsets.Generally i believe that Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry ever. Expand
  67. Sep 13, 2013
    This game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points inThis game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points in the skill tree. You will become overpowered making things very easy later in the game. Expand
  68. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game blew my mind. There is so much to do, so many things to explore. The ocean being the most terrifying with its bull sharks. The open world is fantastic and fun. I really like this game, though I think the story is decent but some of the characters are good and easy to relate to. Vaas is a fantastic villain. His voice acting is incredible and his writing is some of the best I've ever seen. While the quick time event boss fights were a bit lame, I didn't find them too bad. Also, there's two things I find disappointing about this game. His name is Hoyt Volker. Hoyt replaced Vaas as the main villain halfway through the game and everything just becomes less exciting. The ending, as well, isn't that great. However, I would definitely recommend this game. It's stunning. Expand
  69. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  70. Oct 22, 2013
    I bought my first PS3 a month back when I was ill for 3 weeks with flu and needed something to do. Up until then I hadn't even seen a PS3 in the flesh and hadn't played a game in a long time (were going back to the speccy/megadrive days). I thought "I'll buy GTA 5" (since it's meant to be the best game ever?) Well...It wasn't (to cut a long story short). In fact, it was so bad I tookI bought my first PS3 a month back when I was ill for 3 weeks with flu and needed something to do. Up until then I hadn't even seen a PS3 in the flesh and hadn't played a game in a long time (were going back to the speccy/megadrive days). I thought "I'll buy GTA 5" (since it's meant to be the best game ever?) Well...It wasn't (to cut a long story short). In fact, it was so bad I took it back to the shop the next day. Anyway, the reason I mention all this is because Far Cry 3 (and the uncharted series) was a little breath of light for me during this time (which I had the flu). I'm going to start this review by giving this game a 10/10, and then subtract points from there concerning things that do irritate me about the game. First I'll do the 'in a nutshell' part. Basically in this game your brother has been killed by a maniac on an island full of pirates and wild animals. Your task is to get those responsible. You do this by following the storyline and by taking over enemy bases (every base is unique and you'll have to plan your attacks carefully), for example you can sneak in and cut off the alarms, you might have to get past guard dogs. You might want to unlock a trapped animal the enemy has kept captive in a cage. You might have to identify every enemy before you attack (see who is a sniper, who is heavily armed etc)...its all about planning and its a lot of fun and to unlock more of the map you have to get control of radio towers. You have to climb these horrible things...they are very high and at the top youll hear the wind howl and the tower creak and groan and wobble. I'm quite scared of heights and this part of the game freaks me out a little, but it's a great idea and again; every tower is different and seem to get harder to scale! There is a great choice of weapons in the game, guns, arrows, knives, body armour, medikits etc. You can craft items such as arrows and various drugs to give you some kind of edge (medicines, hunters instinct etc etc). Personally i think they over glorified the drug thing in this game, with scenes where you take drugs etc and just on the whole, so I'm deducting a point from the game for that, although the bit where you have to find the mushrooms to heal your friends and you go on a 'trip' is so damn well cool I'm going to reinstate that point so were back up to 10/10! I have a few gripes about this game. One of them is when you kill an enemy you hold a button to 'loot' the body or take his weapons. It's the same button for both and it can be irritating trying to put the pointer on the right bodypart to do each function. The skill points in the game are so good (more time underwater/faster reload etc) that I will overlook this and keep the score at 10. There is one thing i really dont like about the game and that's the crocs. Your just swimming along minding your own business and....ARRRRGHH. You don't hear it or see it coming and before you know it, it's right in your face and your in it's jaws. Yep it gives me a scare everytime and I don't like that to be honest especially when i was already half dead with flu. I'm deducting a point for that. Some kind of sign would be better if a croc was nearby, like a slight vibration or something to prepare the gamer! I've only unlocked the top half of the map so cant comment on the game overall, so ill add another point, bringing us back to 10/10 for being too impatient to wait till I completed the game to review it. The game overall is great. I have one major issue though...the ham acting of the characters...And the way I spend hours going from one killing spree to the next (even sometimes killing my own men when they rudely tell me to 'check out the bulletin board for more work' when they laze around doing nothing letting me do it all and saying 'were the men' and when i capture a base they say 'this was all me', (like they did all the work!' I can't resist killing them. As far as im concerned i just want revenge on Vaas (who killed my bro) then im off home. So anyway...there i am killing hundreds of elite soldiers and taking no crap, then you go back to play the storyline and your character is talking like a little worried, timid almost in tears when a bullet comes within 20 feet of him. I'm going to deduct a point for that. My final score for this game is going to be 7/10 with everything considered. I don't have room to write a longer review here, but it's a good, honest 7/10. It's a good game...I'm hard to please. There is always room for improvement. This is a really super game and one that i think everyone should own. It's a big world to play around in and you can play it at your leisure doing a little part a day. It's always a thrill taking over more of the island and trying to infiltrate and enemy base and take it over without being spotted etc. It's an awesome game, just not 'perfect' in everyway, but one of the best games I've played so far...ever. Expand
  71. Oct 25, 2013
    It's good. I like the skill tree. I like the combat (options). I like the story. And I like the big map you can explore. The only downside is the graphics. While it has its pretty moments, it can get very ugy at times. All in all I can say Far Cry 3 is a well done PS3 Game which is worth your money.
  72. Nov 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is one of the best games. I usually do not write reviews however i could not but write one. I couldnt
    Give it anything but a 10. At first i felt it is complex however after being immensed in the game and the pleasure it is really a great game. I would rank it next after skyrim if not same. If anybody has similar games please sharE. I usually dont like ubisoft games like assasins creed but this one blew me of my seat. Far fry 3 you will always remain a nice memory in my gaming mind. Bravoo
  73. Sep 1, 2014
    Overrated game. Story is okay, but missions are very repetitive. Biggest problem for me is that the frame rate and screen tearing are terrible on PS3. 20 fps is unplayable.
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has a great story and a beautiful, big open world! If you love open world games, then you should definitely buy this! So much to do in Far Cry 3... Hunting, collectibles, Take a boat and just go anywhere you want... Then why not a 10 or 9? The MP isn't a lot of fun and the co-op hasn't got a quite exciting story either
  75. Nov 18, 2013
    This game would be another mediocre FPS if not for the story and the truly amazing visuals, but the ending is harshly disappointing (more than ME3 XD), and the gameplay has many flaws.
  76. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  77. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que masBien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  78. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  79. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  80. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  81. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  82. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayerPerfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  83. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the environment the game provides and the combat is cool (getting in / out of cover and melee etc.) I like the single player / free roam of the island, a lot of variety of animals with their own AI and enemies in suitable places! The co-op multiplayer is really fun when you are together, it features good minigames throughout the missions.
    In my opinion, this
    In my opinion, this game is familiar with dead island. Same style and animation & its scenes are great!
    But what I don't like about the game is the frame rate, it's slow and it makes me extremely uncomfortable (like around 20 - 30 fps) it makes me dizzy over time and I just feel like playing anything else.
    The melee like I said is great with the knife and all, there are a variety of customizable weapons which are cool! The game is ok, but the frame rate is a big con for me...
  84. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  85. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  86. Jun 20, 2014
    Great visuals but repetitive missions and bad characters.Far cry 3 had the potential to be one of the greatest game ever but something makes it bad.This thing is probably the story because it's too repetitive.
  87. Jun 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a very fun but badly designed game, the game was advertised as a First Person Shooter with survival elements but after you play the game, you notices the broken design choices, it obvious that Ubisoft dumb down the game for more casual players from Call of Duty and Far Cry 2 haters.

The Broken design choices comes in the ability to Fast-Travel and the Machine Shops, to put it simpler, in the Game you have to capture enemy outposts to unlock new Sidequest and a Fast-Travel point, also, in every Fast-Travel point there is a Machine that allows you to buy and change your weapons, however, in the game there are some isolated shops on the islands, and they have no reason to exist since you can Fast-Travel to an Captured Outpost and Change/Buy your weapons there, the other thing is the amount of details you never see since you re always fast traveling from one point to another like seeing Rebel Islanders (The Rakyat) partying and shooting to the air, seeing Islanders (you can save) that are about to be executed by Pirates/Mercenaries and some other minor random events you never see because of the fast-travel.

The Characters and Story are there but varely, Jason s friends and the Doctor appears and disappears from the Story without rime or reason, Vaas, the guy in the Cover of the game, only appears a few times and later confusinly dies (one of the developer had to confirm that he died) and theres all this talk about the indiscriminate killing of Islanders and the war the Rakyat rages against both the Pirates and Mercenaries but you never see a skirmish between the factions except for one mission in the game.

Overall, since this is the PS3 version, the game will work fine for most of the time until you try the Map Editor and the Multiplayer, The Map Editor will cause an permanent framerate drop on the single player until you decide to restart the game and the Multiplayer sometimes will get stuck in the Map loading screen for no apparent reason.
  88. Oct 7, 2014
    "It's like skyrim with guns" No Far Cry 3 is like Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto mixed together. Far Cry has almost everything a good First Person shooter should be like. Magnificent story, great world design, amazing graphics, acceptable A:I, and a map creator for multiplayer. This is a perfect shooting game.
  89. Jan 22, 2015
    Even now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFTEven now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFT really did their best on this game and they suceeded greatly with nearly no errors at all. Just small gameplay issues or just issues with the main "UPGRADE" system . (THE RAKYAT UPGRADE-not really its official name) .

Overall,this game deserves an honest 9/10 . Damn near to perfect if not for the small mishap in the story of the main campaign and just some basic issues with the main gameplay. (Their minor,you won't even know about it)
  90. Jan 22, 2015
    This game was so good. The setting was amazing, i loved the tropical open world. Animals were exotic and sometimes deadly. VAS was an awesome villain! A comical serial killing psychopath. As you progress through the game you learn more moves and become stronger as the chosen warrior. Setting 10, Story 8, Characters 8, gameplay 9
  91. Apr 30, 2015
    So here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles areSo here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles are just awesome. Expand

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.