8.5

1. Jun 29, 2014
    Best open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combat is good, and so is the story. Very few cons in this game. A MUST BUY. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a very fun but badly designed game, the game was advertised as a First Person Shooter with survival elements but after you play the game, you notices the broken design choices, it obvious that Ubisoft dumb down the game for more casual players from Call of Duty and Far Cry 2 haters.

The Broken design choices comes in the ability to Fast-Travel and the Machine Shops, to put
    it simpler, in the Game you have to capture enemy outposts to unlock new Sidequest and a Fast-Travel point, also, in every Fast-Travel point there is a Machine that allows you to buy and change your weapons, however, in the game there are some isolated shops on the islands, and they have no reason to exist since you can Fast-Travel to an Captured Outpost and Change/Buy your weapons there, the other thing is the amount of details you never see since you re always fast traveling from one point to another like seeing Rebel Islanders (The Rakyat) partying and shooting to the air, seeing Islanders (you can save) that are about to be executed by Pirates/Mercenaries and some other minor random events you never see because of the fast-travel.

The Characters and Story are there but varely, Jason s friends and the Doctor appears and disappears from the Story without rime or reason, Vaas, the guy in the Cover of the game, only appears a few times and later confusinly dies (one of the developer had to confirm that he died) and theres all this talk about the indiscriminate killing of Islanders and the war the Rakyat rages against both the Pirates and Mercenaries but you never see a skirmish between the factions except for one mission in the game.

Overall, since this is the PS3 version, the game will work fine for most of the time until you try the Map Editor and the Multiplayer, The Map Editor will cause an permanent framerate drop on the single player until you decide to restart the game and the Multiplayer sometimes will get stuck in the Map loading screen for no apparent reason.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    Great visuals but repetitive missions and bad characters.Far cry 3 had the potential to be one of the greatest game ever but something makes it bad.This thing is probably the story because it's too repetitive.
  4. Jun 20, 2014
    I'm just gonna add one thing: the best controls for a character in all my PS3 games. They're intuitive, well mapped, and the character does what you're expecting. Should be a standard for all future action games! At last, no more cursor/messages telling you where to go, what to do, and what button to push. Back to old school!
  5. Jun 15, 2014
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game throw you right into action, which is not that bad, abit to rushed though.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much.
    you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different,
    but have the same kind of skin disappoints me a little..

Missions and side stories are in general ok, but some is REALLY frustrating compared to the rest.

The game focuses alot on doing stuff around besides saving your friends, which makes little sence to me, your friends are freaking captured, if you gonna save them, whats the point of activating radio towers while your friends are held captive?

ANYWAYS, the game really focuses on rushing you into things, give you small thrills and hypes during intense moments, but the controlls and how you move around, doesn't quite fit in.
    if this game was supposed to be given to someone as a gift it would mainly be because you hated the person and wanted them to suffer abit.

We also tried to check how the Multiplayer for online worked, and we used quite a while to even find out where we had to click to join eachothers, you didn't even get up a notice on "you have an invite" or "Person has invited you to play" nope, you have to go on multiplayer - Multiplayer - Friends - The friend that has invited you - accept invite...
    and people quick joins so fast that its mearly impossible to freaking join your friend.. which really sucks.
    couldn't they just have made the same system as Call of Duty? you get a mail in your inbox to join a friend..
    atleast that was simple and it worked.

sorry but it won't be a high grade from me on this.
  6. May 16, 2014
    One of the best game of 2012! Amazing gameplay, story line and open huge world..
  7. May 14, 2014
    Ubisoft has took a giant step forward from Far Cry 2. Unlike its precessor, Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable, polished and interesting adventure with loads of ways to play it.
    The plot's quality is over the average of this kind of games and the ending is awesome.
    Summarizing, a must have.
  8. Apr 18, 2014
    The immaturity and unbelievability of the main character and his friends destroys what could have been a solid story. One minute you're off killing dozens of islanders in ways that even elite special forces would be hard pressed to manage, and the very next moment you are back to talking like a college frat boy; it's very irritating. The graphics are bright and colorful, but the side missions are either typical searches for worthless collectibles, or the "thrill" of jumping your way to the top of radio towers to press a button. The best part about this game was the chaining of kills by using throwing knives which was admittedly a cool feature, but it wasn't often that enemies would be grouped close enough together to pull it off. The multiplayer co-op was a snooze fest, and I didn't bother with any of the other deathmatch since their weren't any trophies for it, but I heard it was terrible anyway. I had intended to try out the map editor when I first started the game, but after completing everything else I just wasn't motivated. All in all, a good looking but shallow open-world game with very little replay value. Expand
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  10. Mar 23, 2014
    It's the best shooter I played in a while ! It has great mechanics, great graphics and cool weapons. Since it's an open world, you can concentrate on doing the main missions or doing a lots of sidequests.
  11. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  12. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  13. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the environment the game provides and the combat is cool (getting in / out of cover and melee etc.) I like the single player / free roam of the island, a lot of variety of animals with their own AI and enemies in suitable places! The co-op multiplayer is really fun when you are together, it features good minigames throughout the missions.
    In my opinion, this
    game is familiar with dead island. Same style and animation & its scenes are great!
    But what I don't like about the game is the frame rate, it's slow and it makes me extremely uncomfortable (like around 20 - 30 fps) it makes me dizzy over time and I just feel like playing anything else.
    The melee like I said is great with the knife and all, there are a variety of customizable weapons which are cool! The game is ok, but the frame rate is a big con for me...
  14. Feb 11, 2014
    One of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that it makes up for all the flaws in the MP. Expand
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  16. Jan 13, 2014
    I really tried to like this game. At the beginning, this game looked so promising and amazingly good. I am generally easy to please, but there were too many fundamental flaws that bothered me significantly.

The most egregious flaw is the terribly overcompensating poor AI. I could snipe a guard from 200m away and it barely misses the enemy yet fifteen enemies in an entire compound know
    EXACTLY where I am immediately after the miss (with a silencer no less!). I’ve played plenty of stealth games before, but the mechanics in this one are one of the worst because it significantly hampers the stealth aspects.

Farcy 3 is mostly a sandbox game. It is fun at first, but many elements like finding relics are tacked on. Overtaking enemy compounds are wildly fun at first, but quickly become tedious.

The game is kind of split into two parts. The meat of the story is in the first half. I found no reason to play the second half as the story tapers off significantly, and the difficulty skyrockets to laughable heights. This left me very little reason to keep going.

Everything about the weapons is top notch. Their looks, feel, and use are one of the best of any shooter. This was one of the best aspects of the game.

Although somewhat unimportant, another head-scratcher was the wild animals that deplete your health way too easily. Getting attacked by a komodo dragon is worse than getting a point black bullet by an AK47. Additionally, falling from very short heights took away a lot of health.

The game seems like the graphics should be good. They are very pretty if not moving. I had an insanely bad framerate/screen tearing problem that was far and away the worst of any PS3 game I’ve played this gen. It was almost unplayable.

The game is mostly good, but the bad parts are really bad in my opinion. The premise was amazing, but the execution was mediocre.
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  18. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  19. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  20. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main
    storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  21. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  22. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  24. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    This game would be another mediocre FPS if not for the story and the truly amazing visuals, but the ending is harshly disappointing (more than ME3 XD), and the gameplay has many flaws.
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has a great story and a beautiful, big open world! If you love open world games, then you should definitely buy this! So much to do in Far Cry 3... Hunting, collectibles, Take a boat and just go anywhere you want... Then why not a 10 or 9? The MP isn't a lot of fun and the co-op hasn't got a quite exciting story either
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    wanna know what the definition of insanity is? playing this game over and over again, Yes!!! its that good!!!!........................................
  30. Nov 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is one of the best games. I usually do not write reviews however i could not but write one. I couldnt
    Give it anything but a 10. At first i felt it is complex however after being immensed in the game and the pleasure it is really a great game. I would rank it next after skyrim if not same. If anybody has similar games please sharE. I usually dont like ubisoft games like assasins
    creed but this one blew me of my seat. Far fry 3 you will always remain a nice memory in my gaming mind. Bravoo Expand
  31. Oct 25, 2013
    It's good. I like the skill tree. I like the combat (options). I like the story. And I like the big map you can explore. The only downside is the graphics. While it has its pretty moments, it can get very ugy at times. All in all I can say Far Cry 3 is a well done PS3 Game which is worth your money.
  32. Oct 22, 2013
    I bought my first PS3 a month back when I was ill for 3 weeks with flu and needed something to do. Up until then I hadn't even seen a PS3 in the flesh and hadn't played a game in a long time (were going back to the speccy/megadrive days). I thought "I'll buy GTA 5" (since it's meant to be the best game ever?) Well...It wasn't (to cut a long story short). In fact, it was so bad I took it back to the shop the next day. Anyway, the reason I mention all this is because Far Cry 3 (and the uncharted series) was a little breath of light for me during this time (which I had the flu). I'm going to start this review by giving this game a 10/10, and then subtract points from there concerning things that do irritate me about the game. First I'll do the 'in a nutshell' part. Basically in this game your brother has been killed by a maniac on an island full of pirates and wild animals. Your task is to get those responsible. You do this by following the storyline and by taking over enemy bases (every base is unique and you'll have to plan your attacks carefully), for example you can sneak in and cut off the alarms, you might have to get past guard dogs. You might want to unlock a trapped animal the enemy has kept captive in a cage. You might have to identify every enemy before you attack (see who is a sniper, who is heavily armed etc)...its all about planning and its a lot of fun and to unlock more of the map you have to get control of radio towers. You have to climb these horrible things...they are very high and at the top youll hear the wind howl and the tower creak and groan and wobble. I'm quite scared of heights and this part of the game freaks me out a little, but it's a great idea and again; every tower is different and seem to get harder to scale! There is a great choice of weapons in the game, guns, arrows, knives, body armour, medikits etc. You can craft items such as arrows and various drugs to give you some kind of edge (medicines, hunters instinct etc etc). Personally i think they over glorified the drug thing in this game, with scenes where you take drugs etc and just on the whole, so I'm deducting a point from the game for that, although the bit where you have to find the mushrooms to heal your friends and you go on a 'trip' is so damn well cool I'm going to reinstate that point so were back up to 10/10! I have a few gripes about this game. One of them is when you kill an enemy you hold a button to 'loot' the body or take his weapons. It's the same button for both and it can be irritating trying to put the pointer on the right bodypart to do each function. The skill points in the game are so good (more time underwater/faster reload etc) that I will overlook this and keep the score at 10. There is one thing i really dont like about the game and that's the crocs. Your just swimming along minding your own business and....ARRRRGHH. You don't hear it or see it coming and before you know it, it's right in your face and your in it's jaws. Yep it gives me a scare everytime and I don't like that to be honest especially when i was already half dead with flu. I'm deducting a point for that. Some kind of sign would be better if a croc was nearby, like a slight vibration or something to prepare the gamer! I've only unlocked the top half of the map so cant comment on the game overall, so ill add another point, bringing us back to 10/10 for being too impatient to wait till I completed the game to review it. The game overall is great. I have one major issue though...the ham acting of the characters...And the way I spend hours going from one killing spree to the next (even sometimes killing my own men when they rudely tell me to 'check out the bulletin board for more work' when they laze around doing nothing letting me do it all and saying 'were the men' and when i capture a base they say 'this was all me', (like they did all the work!' I can't resist killing them. As far as im concerned i just want revenge on Vaas (who killed my bro) then im off home. So anyway...there i am killing hundreds of elite soldiers and taking no crap, then you go back to play the storyline and your character is talking like a little worried, timid almost in tears when a bullet comes within 20 feet of him. I'm going to deduct a point for that. My final score for this game is going to be 7/10 with everything considered. I don't have room to write a longer review here, but it's a good, honest 7/10. It's a good game...I'm hard to please. There is always room for improvement. This is a really super game and one that i think everyone should own. It's a big world to play around in and you can play it at your leisure doing a little part a day. It's always a thrill taking over more of the island and trying to infiltrate and enemy base and take it over without being spotted etc. It's an awesome game, just not 'perfect' in everyway, but one of the best games I've played so far...ever. Expand
  33. Oct 22, 2013
    Big disappointment, no wonder watchdogs has been delayed, these guys miss the point, naughty dog and bethseda know how to develop games, this is a boring mess. Menus, mission structure and characters are the worst I have ever seen, I pushed through 6 hours and am ready to throw it in the bin, 3 points for nice graphics.
  34. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game blew my mind. There is so much to do, so many things to explore. The ocean being the most terrifying with its bull sharks. The open world is fantastic and fun. I really like this game, though I think the story is decent but some of the characters are good and easy to relate to. Vaas is a fantastic villain. His voice acting is incredible and his writing is some of the best I've ever seen. While the quick time event boss fights were a bit lame, I didn't find them too bad. Also, there's two things I find disappointing about this game. His name is Hoyt Volker. Hoyt replaced Vaas as the main villain halfway through the game and everything just becomes less exciting. The ending, as well, isn't that great. However, I would definitely recommend this game. It's stunning. Expand
  35. Sep 30, 2013
    Overrated game, however it is still a pretty good game! The story is pretty interesting and has one awesome villain! The guns are really cool to and the multiplayer is pretty fun. BUT, the game is buggy as hell! Maybe ubisoft has patched it since i played it last time but then it was pretty buggy.
  36. Sep 25, 2013
    I did not enjoy this one as much as the second farcry but the third was still pretty fun. I like the gamepay and the graphics but the story and controls did not tickle my fancy but still a good game!!!!
  37. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is wonderful. The trippy but good story. The gigantic world to explore. The freedom to either go guns blazing or pick them off like a ninja. The multiplayer and co-op are good too. And Vaas is an awesome villian. One of the only things I didnt like was that almost all the boss fights are quick time events. In all it was a fantastic game that I had a lot of fun with.
  38. Sep 13, 2013
    This game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points in the skill tree. You will become overpowered making things very easy later in the game. Expand
  39. Aug 28, 2013
    I was blown away by Far Cry 3. I have not played the previous ones, but watched a friend play a bit of 3 and I was hooked. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I picked it up and was immediately engrossed! The game was so solid all the way around... shooting, hunting, crafting... all very balanced. The game is gorgeous... I felt like I was on vacation while I was playing... a brutal, twisted, thrilling vacation. The mission that had the Damian Marley Skrillex track was epic! I died on purpose a couple times burning those fields just to hear the track again! Make it Bun Dem! Expand
  40. Aug 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to play with your friends and talk with headsets.Generally i believe that Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry ever. Expand
  41. Aug 18, 2013
    Every once in a while, a shooter comes along that blows your socks off. This is one of those shooters. It presents excellence at every turn. There's so much to see, and do and a lets you approach a task however you see fit.
    Beautiful visuals, great sounds, a fantastic story and so much to experience ensures a long time spent playing the single player over and over again.

It has its own
    multiplayer campaign, with its own story and colourful characters. And FREE dlc! It's no nonsense blasting that presents a good challenge and satisfying shooting, that will see you and three others working together to get back a stash of stolen cash. I particularly love the addition of competitive challenges in every level; Quad bike and jet ski racing, sniper range and so much more.

The competitive multiplayer is the weakest aspect, but still good fun due to the ability to play custom made maps and upload your own creations.

Buy it, play it, and play it again. Far cry 3 is a must own.
  42. ahw
    Aug 9, 2013
    Mediocre game. The type of game that demonstrates how professional game reviewers do not have enough time to put into the games they review to give it a proper evaluation.

On the front end, FC3 is a very fun game. There's a lot to do: aside from progressing in the stories there are a plethora of quests and challenges to tackle. There's also some free-roaming content for those that
    don't enjoy claustrophobic, linear games.

However, it only takes a few hours to experience everything FC3's open world has to offer. Upgrades and craftable items are quickly maxed hour early in the game, eliminating the incentive to hunt wildlife. You'll find more than enough treasure just by progressing through the story missions, making free roaming treasure hunts rather pointless.

The story has some well thought out sequences, such as a few creative drug-induced hallucinogenic scenes, but overall is rather unlikable because every single character in the game is a douche. Including the player-controlled protagonist. You play as a douche-y, college-aged, Los Angeles rich kid whose fancy tropical vacation gets interrupted when you and your douche-y friends get kidnapped by the local drug cartel. Needless to say, I wasn't very emotionally invested in rescuing the player-character or his friends.

Also, the player-character falls for the same stupid traps set up by the villain more times than Wile-E-Coyote gets fooled by the Roadrunner. Spoiler Alert: your character will rush blind into a room and get jumped by the antagonist about a half dozen times in the game. No worries though, the player-character's idiocy is matched by the antagonist, who, despite capturing you multiple times throughout the game, decides that a bullet to the brain isn't fancy enough and takes a page from a James Bond villain by trying to finish you off in a manner that inevitably leaves open the possibility of your escape.

A third of the way into the game, I played on hoping the story got better. Two-thirds in the game, the only inertia carrying me on is my OCD need to finish things I start. Hopefully I can save some time for any fellow OCD gamers out there: just don't start. It does not get better.
  43. Aug 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with the animals not always being in the same area every time you approached them and also with them having the ability to have smart AI for just creatures. The lighting was good with the trees and grass looking great for such a big game.
    Gameplay wise the bow and arrow was so fun to use in this game. Stealth was my best friend in this game and for some reason I always felt like Rambo when taking on an outpost. Guns felt shaky at times though, where I thought the gameplay took a small hit. The free roam aspect of the game was great in this game just like Far Cry 2. It felt as if they did it better in this game with it being an island though.
    I loved the story in my opinion even though at times I did find myself saying, "Well that was too easy," or "Really, that's all?" Even with that I liked that I actually felt something for the main character's friends and even if the game would let me roam, I didn't want to because in my head there was a time clock for their lives. The main character and villains in this game were written well I think, but the supporting characters...not so much. You will know what I mean at times in the game.

I would completely recommend buying this game. It's fun and has a great story but if you're looking for great multiplayer I wouldn't play it here.

Great! 8.5/10
    Aaron
  44. Aug 7, 2013
    I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end. The end itself well... let's just say that it crumbled too fast in a clumsy way. Exception made to the helicopter mission (does anyone heard about a film called Apocalypse Now?). It puts a smile on your face. But then again the rest is awesome and Vaas steals the game in terms of character. Great villain, scary and unstable. Expand
  45. Aug 5, 2013
    Superb game top notch presentation, extremely addictive and fun gameplay and a nice story. The open-world feeling is so exciting and empowering a true delight! A must buy.
  46. Jul 28, 2013
    This game features stunning visuals, a decent story, and fun combat. The hunting mechanic was a very interesting and fun addition. However, once you complete the story and begin doing side missions, the game gets rather boring. Once you've killed one tiger, you've killed em all. In my opinion, Far Cry 2 was a better game.
  47. Jul 17, 2013
    I hoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing a 128 bits console and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hide but there is no cover option, which makes a whole sense in this type of game. What brings me down the most is the disapointment you get whren you realise it does not take advantage of PS3's capabilities... Expand
  48. Jul 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Summary (My actually score is 8.5)
    +Excellent gameplay, blending in the first person shooter (FPS) mechanics with an RPG setting, making feel more special than just “Skyrim with guns” as some have claimed.
    +Interesting jungle environment, which while maybe lacking in variety, are beautiful and is a stand out feature of the game.
    +A great variety of activities that make the game feel more complete than your stereotypical FPS.
    +Really mature and iconic moments in the story that increase tension in the story.
    +Over 20 hours of gameplay, so you get your money’s worth.
    +Good graphics (though apparently they are better on the PC version)
    -A mediocre or terrible ending (you get a choice of two).
    -Use of quick time events that make the boss battles feel more like poorly executed cut scenes.
    I can’t comment on the online play because my internet connection is crap so I never got round to playing the game online.

Full Review
    One of the really interesting features of FC3 is how it contains activities that are worthwhile whereas in other games they are largely pointless. An example of this is hunting for animal skins, which allows you to craft better gear like weapon holsters etc. By contrast in games like Red Dead you can only sell the skins for money making hunting pointless. The same is true with the use of drugs in FC3 which can enhance your abilities like detecting animals/enemies easier etc. Compared to other games like Saints Row 2 where drugs just make your screen fussy, FC3’s usage of drugs as a feature is much better. Unfortunately there are a few misses with such mechanics, for example relic hunting is largely pointless useless you like completing games to 100%. Likewise while Poker is well pulled off, it is a shame how that is the only card game available to play. Such lack of attention to detail can further been seen in the upgrading system, because while most of the upgrades are great, others are pointless, e.g. I only use an underneath takedown like once. Nevertheless the features on the whole are a lot of fun.

The next great thing about FC3 is the FPS mechanic within an open world RPG, and is more fun than the FPS mechanic used say in Fallout 3. Furthermore the RPG like elements mean you have to adopt various tactics to defeat enemies (which by the way have great A.I e.g. they will try to flank you, and there is a wide variety of enemies, e.g. heavies, snipers etc.), for example at the start due to the lack of superior weapons, I struggled to kill large groups of enemies, thus had to be sneaky. In fact sneaking in general is brilliantly pulled off in FC3, as you can use knife takedowns to silently kill enemies. However later on the game, you can adopt more variety of tactics due to improvements in your equipment, e.g. I liked to sniper and shoot all enemies in an occupied camp (they are enemy camps that you can conquer by killing all enemies in them), or alternatively watch them burn by luring them into the open and them setting the surrounding area on fire with Molotov causing the enemies to catch fire.

With regards to the story FC3 provides a nice story throughout, with really interesting moments, e.g. the death of your brother at the start. However the main selling point of the story is that Vaas, who with his insanity mixed in with his interesting perspective on life and his toying with Jason(your character), make him one of the best bad arses in gaming. (Spoiler) Even after his death mid-way through the game, the iconic moments keep emerging. With regards to the story itself, it is split into two sections, Jason’s recusing of his friends and his growing sense of allegiance to the rebels fighting the mercenaries on the island. This again is well executed though if anything a little too predictable as you can guess early on; Jason will rescue your friends etc.

Really they are only two major negatives of the game.

The first is the use of QTE (Quick Time Events), within the main boss battles. I can understand why the designers added them, because it would be difficulty to make boss battles in FPS that go beyond just shoot an enemy for 30 seconds. However the QTEs remove all tension making the battles feel like cut scenes. This is massive annoyance as it is used throughout missions in the game.

The next main thing is the endings (there are two) are subpar. (Warning Spoilers) The first ending (the one to the left) is an average ending where Jason leaves the island with his friends and Citra (rebel leader) gets killed. This ending hardly stands out as anything countless. However the ending to the right is s**t because you kill your friends you rescued, making the majority of the missions pointless. Them to add insult to injury, Citra (after you get her pregnant, and see some nice kills you.

These endings and the QTE hold the game back from being a legendary as it should be. Nevertheless the game is certainly worth your cash, especially now as the price has been reduced.
  49. Jul 8, 2013
    Wonderful game. I do not play alot of games, as I enjoy the GTA series and things of that nature and hate 1st person games. However this game is great. Great story, characters, graphics, etc. Love it.
  50. Jul 5, 2013
    There are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life and the story gives this game what it needs to be a great game. Expand
  51. Jul 3, 2013
  52. Jun 28, 2013
    I loved Far Cry 2, and i expected this to be an ultimate survivor story filled with dangerous animals, and you'd have to use your survival instincts to prevail against the dangers of the jungle. What did i get? A little boy playing with a machete in a jungle, throwing rocks and assassinating mercenaries. WHAT?! I did not ask for this. The only decent thing about this is stealth-mechanics, because the shooting has been messed up, and sometimes you think your AK and sniper-rifle are shooting BB-pellets. The Co-op is horrible and the multiplayer is so, so bad. The singleplayer is the only decent thing in this PS3-CD, what contains game-files what Ubisoft calls a game. The only things worth mentioning of this game are: That you don't have to take malaria medicine and this game helped make the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which i personally loved. So the plain Far Cry 3 was good on the storyboard and theory but was executed horribly. What can i say? Good try, bad outcome. Expand
  53. Jun 28, 2013
    One of the best games, I played in the last years. When you go up on a tower for the first time, watching the sun going down it will just blow your mind. I enjoyed, that I can choose the way I want to play it and the story was told very well. One of the most interesting shooters and a good example for a well functioning open world concept. Looking forward for the next far cry!
  54. Jun 26, 2013
    Pretty nice game, extremely bland and silly story though. I never felt anything for any character in the game. However the gameplay was very fun and there was some good variation and progression. Fun to play but ultimately I didn't really care about why I was playing it. The sidemissions were utterly pointless and for once I didn't care about doing them at all. Normally I want to complete every mission availible. Expand
  55. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.
    And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it! Expand
  56. Jun 14, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, one of the best games of the year! Good story, lead character, open world is evlolved beautifully and immerses you almost instantaneously, gameplay is pick up and really enjoyable! What's not to like? Oh, and the animals are the best designed and 'brought to life' you could want in a game! Loved it so much, I platinumed it, and not many games grip me for that long!
  57. Jun 5, 2013
    What I've realised is that almost all of my problems are the same ones that I have with Assassin's Creed, which makes sense given that it's made by the same people.

The game takes a few seconds to open any chest, or loot a body, or skin an animal. It isn't a significant amount of time, and I guess to some this complaint will be very spergy. But I have to watch these same animations over
    and over, when they may as well be instant. What do these animations serve; realism? They still aren't that realistic. Instead, every time I do one of these repetitive tasks, that take a few seconds, I feel time slipping away. This game is fun to play if you just want something to suck up all your time (hence why the box for the Lost Expedition edition brags about "40 extra minutes of gameplay" as if length equals quality), but not if you want a game where you'll be 100% engaged at all times.

Climbing the radio towers isn't a fun mechanic, and is even more repetitive than Assassin's Creed, which at least had the climbing-parkour-puzzle mechanic to go with it. Clearing the outposts is fun but... the problem is, once you clear the area, there are no dynamic enemies in this area any more. That means, there's no tension if I need to go from the checkpoint to a mission marker, the travel time is boring. It suffers from the problem that the single player campaign missions are easily the best part of the game everything else feels like filler.

This game doesn't flesh out its open world mechanics to the extent of something like Skyrim or New Vegas, which is maybe too hard a bar to expect. But it doesn't have as many fun things to do between missions as something like Saints Row or GTA either. Every "open world" aspect of this game is just totally half-assed.

I know I'm late to the party on this game, and I'll probably still finish it... and give Blood Dragon a shot. I don't hate this game overall nor do I hate AC (I still haven't played the third one after being disappointed by Brotherhood and Revelations...) I just feel like there's something insidious and dull about the way Ubisoft do open world and now I'm worried Watch_Dogs will have the same damn problems.
  58. Jun 4, 2013
    2012 Hitman, 3й Assassin. Far Cry 3 Far Cry 3,
  59. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  60. May 28, 2013
    This is a great fun game with a really good story. The game is only about 15hrs. but worth anything you want to pay for it. For an aging PS4 the graphic are pretty good but there are a lot of frame drops in the game.
  61. May 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version is weapons (including a bow), side quests, mini games, crafting and animals that you can hunt. Hunting animals is a way to upgrade your weapons and items by crafting the skins of the animals you hunted. The crafting elements works well and is very easy to understand and use (you can also craft from plants for healing and combat purposes). For me the biggest negative for Far Cry 3 is that I didn't fall in love with the single player main characters. But not all characters in game are dull. Some of the NPC characters were interesting. While the multiplayer is very basic and doesn't do anything different than the previous COD does. It does entertain you for awhile but I recommend sticking with single player first. Graphics and sounds are beautiful. Far Cry 3 water elements are one of the best I've seen up to now in any game. Another favorite thing for me was taking over enemy camps by either sneaking in with your stealth like abilities or guns blazing. Other interesting elements to note are, RPG like level ups for your main character and customize weapons. Much more can be said about Far Cry 3 but I will leave that up to you to discover for yourself. If you liked Far Cry 2 than you will enjoy Far Cry 3 even more! Expand
  62. May 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear, unsatisfying co-op and an unoriginal multiplayer. Also the story, while enjoyable, It has some dull moments. But with the deeply enjoyable story mode, amazing graphics and a great cast of characters, Far Cry 3 is a success. Expand
  63. May 16, 2013
    my third favorit game of all time get it if you love skyrim get it its skyrim with guns alright i know thats what everyone is saying and it is completely true its fun open world will leave you in with tons of hours
  64. May 4, 2013
    First off, Far Cry 3 is not by any means a dark game about survival and madness. It tells a fanastic story of violence and insanity, but that only addresses the story, which is activated by walking to story mission activation points designated on your map (like more than a few other games) and then the Far Cry 3 becomes a movie. Anyone like me who wants to spend some time playing the game will spend most of their time trotting about a beautiful island completely carefree while driving cars off cliffs and blowing stuff up.
    ****IN SHORT: This is a cool cinematic game with an open world cartoon playground on the side.
  65. May 1, 2013
    Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said.
  66. Apr 29, 2013
    FC3 is one of the best games i have ever played. How can you not like a game that incorporate wildlife so well? It's fun and very immersive world but not overly intimidating to new comers.
  67. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  68. Apr 27, 2013
    While the gameplay is good, there is a huge rift between it and the story which makes the story somewhat redundant. Gunplay works well, and crafting upgraded pouches is a good idea although it gets quite boring trying to find the animals when the map doesn't give a good indicator of locations. I began to feel for his friends, so it's a shame that interactions with them is kept to a minimum. Co-op is linear and boring, and multiplayer is a poor imitation of Call of Duty. Expand
  69. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  70. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is
    no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  71. Apr 21, 2013
    Do I dare say this is a poor man's red dead redemption? Even then that would've been a compliment. This is a great game. The pros were the likable characters, decent story although rather generic, The guns were fun to experiment around with (use the flamethrower fun as heck and OP'd), the stealth aspect was great as you can plan ahead how you want to approach the game; and trust me you'll want to use stealth. This game also screams repitiveness, but that's the farthest from the truth, if you capture outposts; all of them have different layouts and different types of enemies; all relics and letters of the lost are a challenge to find cause they're all hidden carefully and differently. The multiplayer was decent but not something I'll see myself playing a year from now. What keeps this from getting a 9 or 10 from me? Well there's nothing really in this game that I haven't seen before, you'll think they took aspects from some other video games and jammed it into one. The boss fights were also rather lackluster and a major disappointment from me. The ending was also lackluster. But overall it's a geat game. Expand
  72. Apr 16, 2013
    This comes from someone who HATED Far Cry 2. This is not the ultimate, perfect game I keep hearing people praise about. But, trust me, it's ALMOST there. Engaging story, beautiful (gigantic) island to explore, great vilains (you'll not forget Vaas anytime soon) and a couple of twists along the way. This game is AWESOME. I can see this suiting any audience, not only FPS players. I myself don't like FPSs very much but I just could not put this down. It got me hooked for more than 20 hours (and I left so much left to be completed). This game cannot be missed and I have to praise not only FC3 but Ubisoft for releasing such an authentic (sometimes daredevil of a game) on a moment where everything is just similar to everything. Great title, PURE ENTERTAINMENT. Expand
  73. Apr 14, 2013
    Thriller game I loved it. The upgrade system is awesome. The variety of missions and the magnificent open world really made me enjoy this game very much.
    I played the co-op as well and it was fantastic.
    I just wished few things to be added or modified on the game. Like stealth mechanism. Many parts required stealth and it wasn't easy do it unless you go sniping from far.
    Overall awesome game.
  74. Apr 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybody needs to play! Expand
  75. Apr 10, 2013
    This is a game for bro's. I do not mean that in a good way. If you identify yourself or your friends as bro's than you will love this game for its over the top everything. If you are not a bro and think of bro's as big buff immature kids in desperate need of substance than you will feel exactly like that towards this game. This game relies on the F word way too much.
  76. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was brilliant. The campaign was absolutely amazing, with a superb mix of an intriguing story line, intense game-play and well played out scenes. The multiplayer is pretty fun, but not something I would play all the time.
  77. Apr 6, 2013
    No one can hear your cry in this far away Rook island that was 3 minutes ago. My friends, prepare to experience one of the best games of 2012. Far Cry 3 is an amazing first person shooter that makes you fell like a jungle warrior like no game I know, especially when you go around with a bow taking down pirates and deer while trying not to get clawed by a tiger. When it comes to gameplay, far cry 3 exceeds all expectations. You can blind fire in first person, create amazing kills from below in the water or from above on a zip line and not mention the game's extreme realism. Well, by that I mean when it comes to the shooting mechanics, falls as well as swimming and not by the story or tigers taking 50 bullets to die. When it comes to the plot (don't worry I'm not going to tell you any spoilers) it is moderately good, not amazing but that doesn't mean its a bad one. The map of the game is huge and you'll never get bored exploring even if you're not shooting anything while you do it. As far as guns go, let me just say, there is a lot, several paints to add and weapon add-ons like silencers. There is not one mission in far cry 3 that fails to entertain me with each one drastically different and unique from running across minefields to burning weed and even fighting your own monster hallucinations. Every missions gives you the option of stealth or guns blazing (expect two or three) which makes the missions even more interesting. Now concerning animals, you need them to upgrade things like the amount of ammo you carry and its very entertaining to track down these animals. There are also several side missions like taking over outposts that are guarded by pirates which allow you to fast travel once taken but I won't go into depth about that. The only thing I really didn't like about this game is the multiplayer which I feel it's much like a crappy rundown of games like call of duty or battlefield and when the host quits well, I don't think I would like to write down my reactions.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is one of my favourite first person shooters with stunning graphics and incredible characters which I forgot to mention. I can say that if you like first person shooters, you won't regret this one.
    +Huge, adventurous and detailed world which can entertain for ages
    +Great Graphics and characters
    +Incredible gameplay and missions
    +Awesome combat with extreme realism and "big" guns
    -Poor Multiplayer
    9.3
  78. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side
    missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this. Expand
  79. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  80. Mar 30, 2013
    Free roaming, non-linear, look great and you decide what you want to do and where to go next this is what games in 2013 should be. Best game I've played all year.
  81. Mar 30, 2013
    I am not a big 1st person shooter fan anyway but I wasn't all that impressed with it. I know some love it but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I didn't make it far enough to where the real fun started
  82. Mar 30, 2013
    You play as Jason Brody, and set off on your adventure trying escape from some serious bandits. Lucky for you, your brother was in the army and gets you out safely. Whilst about the escape, he is shot in the head and you a left to run far far away. This scared feeling is what drives your character to kill, hunt and to save your other siblings and friends. You meet a great cast of characters, none of which are forgettable, and all carry a great addition to the story. Té multiplayer aspects of the game, although they don't lack too much, aren't very fun. Few types, and a variety of weapons from the single player don't stand out too much. They also created a system where as you are awarded CDs, disk drives, memory sticks, etc. after a match. You must unlock their contents by use of a decoding in game or iOS app. A simple addition which I don't highly regard but they're trying new things. The graphics across all game modes are just astounding, from the glimmer of the sun off the sea, the the dark caverns and waterfalls, it is a magnificent sight for sore eyes. Complimentary to the standard of graphics, sounds are very realistic but get quite repetitive after taking over your 20th gang hideout. Climbing the radio towers which scatter the island are also very repetitive. You can only get enough off, hop, grab, walk, hop, walk. Even thought the single player is among the greatest of the year, and the map editor and multiplayer and simple yet fun additions. The co-operative mode which is included, is probably the dullest and most boring part of any game I played all year. The only reason I trekked through the 6 hour, 6 chapter cooperative story of 4 slaves searching an island for the capturer, was to get the 6 bronze trophies awarded for them, 1 for each. If you want an amazing immersive single player with spectacular graphics, story, and sound, with a mediocrely easy platinum. This is for you. If your in it for the coop, don't waste your money. Single player: 9/10 Multiplayer/Map editor: 7/10 Co-operative: 3/10 The single player is enough to buy this game without hesitation and try at the multiplayer could just get you hooked. Just don't touch the cooperative game modes Expand
  83. Mar 25, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a real mixed bag. Some parts are really quite breath taking, the island is beautiful, some of the sections of the campaign are surprising, with some cool twists and turns, but it also feels like it has all been done before. A lot of the game reminds me of just cause 2 tropical island, sandbox design, driving, flying and shooting etc. and in turn i play the game with a kind of "been here, done this" attitude. Overall, good fun, but ive played this type of game before... Expand
  84. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just
    awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  85. Mar 24, 2013
    It's more like a 9.5, but it's definitely better than a 9.0, so I had to go with 10. There is very little wrong with this game. The world is amazing to look at and to run through. The story is solid, and the game plays great. If you like first-person shooters or even if you don't give this game a try
  86. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  87. Mar 21, 2013
    I was addicted from the bat. The story gripped me, the combat absorbed me, and the world became something I wanted to explore every inch of. I regret nothing by Platinuming this fantastic game. Jason becomes a character that you care about a lot because you watch him become a badass before your eyes. Some of the side characters are dull and unexciting, but that is for a reason. They are dull because they haven't evolved to the world that you have and it is the first time that I've been happy that characters were not strong and exciting. Now, after all of this, why am i not giving this the perfect 10/10? Sadly, the multiplayer feels tagged on. The modes are uninspired and uninteresting. The Co-op can be quite fun the server rooms are not the most accepting. If you wanted to play a specific a level, be prepared to spent a lot of time waiting for the 3 people to join your quest cause online quick matches usually only stays on one mission. So beyond the online components of the game, the single player is one of the best experiences in FPS's I've ever played. Expand
  88. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. I picked it up expecting a quick knock-around FPS type of experience. What I found was far closer in spirit to Skyrim. The open world is amazing! It's atmospheric, immersive and full of hidden temples, old Japanese war forts and half sunken ships to explore. there are so many fun things to do that you'll always be distracted away from the main story; scaling radio towers, assaulting enemy strongholds, doing hunting challenges, playing poker, bounty hunting, searching for ancient relics, finding lost WWII letters on dead Japanese troops, looting chests... The list could go on. Far Cry 3 is one of those games where just getting from A to B is insanely good fun. You never know what you're going to run into. Maybe there will be a waterfall just waiting for a crazy jetski jump. Or perhaps you'll stumble across a volcano and do a bit of rock climbing. Or a group of friendly NPCs needing to be saved from a deadly tiger attack. It's just so much fun! The combat also gives you complete freedom. Go Metal Gear style, disable alarms, sneak around with a knife and drag dead bodies into bushes or simply smash through the front gates in a car with an RPG in hand. Or how about taking up position somewhere above the enemy with a sniper rifle. Or maybe lacing the road with C4 and mines and then luring the enemy out to you. So many choices. SO MUCH FUN! I can't recommend this game enough. From intense combat to relaxing exploration, Far Cry 3 does it all perfectly! Expand
  89. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker, and, my favorite, completely destroy enemy pirates in countless ways (my favorite is running them over). However, beating out all of those features are the villains, Vaas and Hoyt. They are two of the best villains I have seen in a long time. This game is fun, thrilling, and humorous, and will have you playing again and again. Far Cry 3 is a can't-miss! Expand
  90. Mar 19, 2013
    Just awesome. beautiful graphics and open world Action shooter made me this game a masterpiece 10/10.i also like the craft system and the animals such as tiger and shark. It looks realistic and Detailed.
  91. Mar 19, 2013
    One of the biggest drawbacks in history of gaming to gameplay. It literally takes every bad element of sandbox games and throws them at you. There is no sense of accomplishment when doing side quests/side missions and take outposts. All that happens is you see a gradual influence in the presence of friendly forces, which has been done better in way older games. The hunting mechanic is laughably unrealistic and provides no real advantage to completing. The AI of both the animals and human enemies is the least creative and shallow I have seen in a long time. Overall, a decent game which gives you a great first impression but the shallow gameplay quickly overwhelms you. Expand
  92. Mar 9, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer from the main quest are not so overwhelming that you feel you will never complete them. Farcry 3 allows you to choose just how long you want to spend exploring the island, some days I just dedicated them to removing all those diamonds off my map or making all the red go away! The menu also has this very handy log that lets you know just how much of what you have left before collecting rewards, something that I was very grateful for. The controls aren't wonky or awkward, I personally did not experience any lag or long load times. The visual setting is beautiful and the combat is typical but not in a boring way. It's not a complicated game but it will def keep you engaged in it for periods much longer than you would expect. In it simplicity lies it's genius. It gives you the feel of your own island where you do whatever the hell you feel like doing but not so much that you get distracted from the plot. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, simple, functional, and just generally fun. I have and will continue to recommend this game to my friends. I give it a 10 because I don't feel there is anything to improve on. Game on! Expand
  93. Mar 9, 2013
    Puts other FPS games to shame. How is this for excellence: a superb main mission is in play which is as good as it gets and fully engaging...meanwhile layered directly below and fully accessible is a fully realized world where you can go anywhere and do anything and boy is there a lot to do. Dozens of great weapons, dozens of great vehicles...how about a dive suit, a parachute, a hang glider, a jet ski, a zipline, a speedboat or a nice long swim to get where you are going? And if you swim, remember the sea has beautiful marine life and sharks and crocodiles. I could go on indefinitely...just go get the game and have a blast. Expand
  94. Mar 6, 2013
    I fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (and that`s good), an the unpredictable ending(s) makes you keep thinking about the island long after you finished the game. Expand
  95. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is great if you give it a chance and use the weapons and tools at your disposal. I did nt like this game at first at all it took me around my 6 to 8 hour mark before I started having fun with it but now it is a blast to play. I give it a 9 because it is an acheivment as far as scope and the graphics still being really good. There is pop in a little but most important to me is I haven't noticed any slow down when it gets busy on screen. That is the worst for a game IMO. If you rate this game lower than a 7 or 8 then you either didn't play it or didn't give the game its fair shot. Oh yeah the multiplayer is not for me it just isn't as good as the other shooters I play online but a really good single player game. Expand
  96. Feb 28, 2013
    The gameplay in this game is genuinely good, and actually does a pretty good job of making the repetitive tasks, like activating radio towers and liberating outposts, seem new and fresh with each new area. I enjoyed playing the game, though I never felt that it did anything particularly new or innovative. The story, however, is complete rubbish. The writer of the game claims that it was supposed to satirize the stereotypes abundant in other games, but that doesn't come through at all. I suspect the writer said this to keep away the criticism that the game's story is racist and offensive. So if you're looking to play a fun game that involves killing hundreds of people and animals while roaming a large open world, this is your game. If you're looking for a game that has an intelligent story that satirizes the problems in modern games, play Spec Ops: The Line. Expand
  97. Feb 26, 2013
    Hands down the best game of the year. You get a fun multiplayer. And the story will keep you entertained for like 20-30 hours. You get bang for your buck and is pretty challenging
  98. Feb 25, 2013
    The game is awesome. Graphics are great, maps are big and detailed, no lag, glitches or bugs. Great storyline. Feature-ful multiplayer. Game relies heavily on player choice. Great sandbox modes. Addicting multiplayer. Gameplay is kind of like a mix between halo 4 and GRand theft auto.
  99. Feb 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was one of those games where I dreaded thinking about the ending of the game, I always checked my game progress to make sure I still had at least 50% more to go. Unfortunately once I finished the game I had no intentions of beating it all over again, after the story was cleared I was drawn towards the multiplayer aspect of the game. And again to report in disappointment..... I was disappointed, It excelled in the campaign but fell short with global gaming. Expand
  100. Feb 23, 2013
    I'll make this simple. This is the game of the year. Only the majesty of The Walking Dead pushes it even close. If you have even slightly enjoyed any FPS game you will love it. If you enjoyed Assasins Creed you will love it. Fan of Red Dead Redemption? Look no further. And like RDR and the best AC games, this is a game you will immerse yourself in, get lost in, BELIEVE in. The graphics are sensational and the atmosphere unlike anything for a long time. It has hours of non story mode playability and is the first game I've Ben desperate to return to for a long time. Gripes about the ending aside (I quite liked it anyway) you'll be sad to see the story end so good is it. And that these days is a true rarity. Superb. Expand
  101. Jan 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the best game i ever play in the long time. You play as Jason Brody and goal is to save your girlfriend , friends, and sibling from pirate and the bad ass Villain, Vaas as you explore Rook island and discover many different things including World War 2 bunkers. As you progress through the game, you start off from being inexperience in survival and combat to a tough cookie by gaining xp from killing the enemies by stealth and/or going Rambo to completing objectives. The cool thing you can do in the game is to mixing plants from collecting plant to make cool things like have the ability to see through wall or tree of an enemies or animals or increase hipfire accurate. Another cool thing in the game is, like Red Dead Redemption, when you hunt animal, you cut their skin & use the skin of an animal you cut off as an upgrade to several items like increasing your Slot for you weapon you carry. I haven't touch the co-op yet but Multiplayer is fun. At the end of each matches, you can either show the higher score of a other team player or punish them and there are alot of crazy funny choice in mulitplayer depend on what you choose otherwise see for yourself. Not to mention the Map editor is the huge part of this game not only the single player because you can custom your own map how ever you like it (i made 5 or 6 map so far). There are infinite of maps you can play either on the silver playlist or the bronze playlist or even go on map editor archive (but make sure you have friends that play this game to invite them in order to try one map in Map editor archive). Overall, buy this game, it worth every penny. Collapse

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.