Far Cry 3 PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Aug 5, 2013
    Superb game top notch presentation, extremely addictive and fun gameplay and a nice story. The open-world feeling is so exciting and empowering a true delight! A must buy.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    One of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that itOne of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that it makes up for all the flaws in the MP. Expand
  3. May 30, 2016
    Awesome game even better than Uncharted 3 which also is quite good action FPS type game. I like the ability to explore a massive island, drive jeeps and fly hang gliders, hunt, craft items and good action. Only frustrating things are hunting is super difficult and some weapons suck like the bow and the shooting action is difficult. The graphics and animation is beautiful and very realistic.
  4. May 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version isFar Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version is weapons (including a bow), side quests, mini games, crafting and animals that you can hunt. Hunting animals is a way to upgrade your weapons and items by crafting the skins of the animals you hunted. The crafting elements works well and is very easy to understand and use (you can also craft from plants for healing and combat purposes). For me the biggest negative for Far Cry 3 is that I didn't fall in love with the single player main characters. But not all characters in game are dull. Some of the NPC characters were interesting. While the multiplayer is very basic and doesn't do anything different than the previous COD does. It does entertain you for awhile but I recommend sticking with single player first. Graphics and sounds are beautiful. Far Cry 3 water elements are one of the best I've seen up to now in any game. Another favorite thing for me was taking over enemy camps by either sneaking in with your stealth like abilities or guns blazing. Other interesting elements to note are, RPG like level ups for your main character and customize weapons. Much more can be said about Far Cry 3 but I will leave that up to you to discover for yourself. If you liked Far Cry 2 than you will enjoy Far Cry 3 even more! Expand
  5. May 24, 2015
    This is GTA goes to the jungle. I actually had a lot more fun with this game than with GTA. I found it doesn't take itself too seriously and the wild animals really get you scarred and worried. I got frightened on more than one occasion by wild unexpected attacks. It was awesome.
    I loved how the maps can be bought (within the game) to help you find things needed to 100% the game, rather than tedious exploring which quickly gets boring. The variety of side challenges, quests and high score levels all polish it off.
    Overall this game is just fun to play. You won't want it end.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  7. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  8. May 17, 2017
    Far Cry 3 is probably the best FPS I've played. Some cool characters an vibrant and varied world to explore and the freedom to take down the enemy with guile and cunning or a **** load of C4; what's not to like?
  9. Jul 8, 2013
    Wonderful game. I do not play alot of games, as I enjoy the GTA series and things of that nature and hate 1st person games. However this game is great. Great story, characters, graphics, etc. Love it.
  10. May 28, 2013
    This is a great fun game with a really good story. The game is only about 15hrs. but worth anything you want to pay for it. For an aging PS4 the graphic are pretty good but there are a lot of frame drops in the game.
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end.I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end. The end itself well... let's just say that it crumbled too fast in a clumsy way. Exception made to the helicopter mission (does anyone heard about a film called Apocalypse Now?). It puts a smile on your face. But then again the rest is awesome and Vaas steals the game in terms of character. Great villain, scary and unstable. Expand
  12. May 22, 2016
    Amazing game ! I had no expectation for that one and was gladly surprised ! It kinds of remind me of Read Dead Redemption but in first person shooter on an island instead of a third person cowboy.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  14. Mar 9, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer fromFarcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer from the main quest are not so overwhelming that you feel you will never complete them. Farcry 3 allows you to choose just how long you want to spend exploring the island, some days I just dedicated them to removing all those diamonds off my map or making all the red go away! The menu also has this very handy log that lets you know just how much of what you have left before collecting rewards, something that I was very grateful for. The controls aren't wonky or awkward, I personally did not experience any lag or long load times. The visual setting is beautiful and the combat is typical but not in a boring way. It's not a complicated game but it will def keep you engaged in it for periods much longer than you would expect. In it simplicity lies it's genius. It gives you the feel of your own island where you do whatever the hell you feel like doing but not so much that you get distracted from the plot. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, simple, functional, and just generally fun. I have and will continue to recommend this game to my friends. I give it a 10 because I don't feel there is anything to improve on. Game on! Expand
  15. Apr 29, 2013
    FC3 is one of the best games i have ever played. How can you not like a game that incorporate wildlife so well? It's fun and very immersive world but not overly intimidating to new comers.
  16. May 1, 2013
    Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said.
  17. Mar 6, 2013
    I fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (andI fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (and that`s good), an the unpredictable ending(s) makes you keep thinking about the island long after you finished the game. Expand
  18. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker,Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker, and, my favorite, completely destroy enemy pirates in countless ways (my favorite is running them over). However, beating out all of those features are the villains, Vaas and Hoyt. They are two of the best villains I have seen in a long time. This game is fun, thrilling, and humorous, and will have you playing again and again. Far Cry 3 is a can't-miss! Expand
  19. Apr 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybodyFar Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybody needs to play! Expand
  20. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way.Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  22. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  23. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this.
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  25. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The oneI love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  26. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. ISo, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  27. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you playIf I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  28. May 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear,Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear, unsatisfying co-op and an unoriginal multiplayer. Also the story, while enjoyable, It has some dull moments. But with the deeply enjoyable story mode, amazing graphics and a great cast of characters, Far Cry 3 is a success. Expand
  29. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  30. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk. Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money. And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it!

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.