8.5

1. Dec 4, 2012
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay.. The combat system allows you to play the game your own way, whether it be like rambo or hitman, or a combination of both himbon! and many other play styles.. The story could be strong, but its easily over looked when there is so much to do and explore.. This has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, I wouldAn amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay.. The combat system allows you to play the game your own way, whether it be like rambo or hitman, or a combination of both himbon! and many other play styles.. The story could be strong, but its easily over looked when there is so much to do and explore.. This has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, I would rank it up there with the GTA Series, Elderscrolls, dark souls and halflife.. The co-op adds many more ours of fun and a social immersion into the tropical island paradise/hell.. Get this game you won't regret it, definitely worth the $70 Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    wanna know what the definition of insanity is? playing this game over and over again, Yes!!! its that good!!!!........................................
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    One of the best games, I played in the last years. When you go up on a tower for the first time, watching the sun going down it will just blow your mind. I enjoyed, that I can choose the way I want to play it and the story was told very well. One of the most interesting shooters and a good example for a well functioning open world concept. Looking forward for the next far cry!
  4. Aug 28, 2013
    I was blown away by Far Cry 3. I have not played the previous ones, but watched a friend play a bit of 3 and I was hooked. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I picked it up and was immediately engrossed! The game was so solid all the way around... shooting, hunting, crafting... all very balanced. The game is gorgeous... I felt like I was on vacation while I was playing... a brutal, twisted,I was blown away by Far Cry 3. I have not played the previous ones, but watched a friend play a bit of 3 and I was hooked. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I picked it up and was immediately engrossed! The game was so solid all the way around... shooting, hunting, crafting... all very balanced. The game is gorgeous... I felt like I was on vacation while I was playing... a brutal, twisted, thrilling vacation. The mission that had the Damian Marley Skrillex track was epic! I died on purpose a couple times burning those fields just to hear the track again! Make it Bun Dem! Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 é um sopro de originalidade na atual geração de FPS, que apesar de algumas mudanças se resume à só matar e ir daqui para lá. Uma ótima jogabilidade, gráficos soberbos e um vilão que dá ódio desde o primeiro instante.Se você tem que escolher um FPS para as férias, sua escolhaFar Cry 3 é um sopro de originalidade na atual geração de FPS, que apesar de algumas mudanças se resume à só matar e ir daqui para lá. Uma ótima jogabilidade, gráficos soberbos e um vilão que dá ódio desde o primeiro instante.Se você tem que escolher um FPS para as férias, sua escolha está aqui...
    Abraço e fiquem com Deus!
  6. Jan 23, 2013
    So I read every single review on this site before I got this game, and I wanted to put in at least 10 hours of gameplay before I wrote my review. Well I just passed the 10 hour mark so here we go...

Anyone who gives this game less than an 8/9 is completely and utterly insane!!! This is hands-down my 2012 Game of the Year, and quite possibly my Game of this Generation, tied right up there at the top of the list with Red Dead Redemption. It is so fun playing this game that I could just get lost for hours and hours playing, and it feels like only a half hour has gone by. There is so much to do and the map is absolutely massive, but you never get overwhelmed. When I first started it I was like, oh crap, this map is huge and there is going to be too much to do. But you soon get your bearings and realize that yes, there is tons to do, but it's all laid out very nicely for you and the pacing is so good that you never get that overwhelming feeling. I find myself oftentimes doing side mission after side mission just because they are so damn fun, and the hunting/crafting dynamic is incredibly addicting. Hunting yields you animal skins, which you can then in turn use to craft larger weapons holsters, loot rucksacks, wallets for cash, etc. Sometimes I will just go on 'hunting expeditions' and collect skins for an entire play session. It's that addicting because the more you hunt, the more and better stuff you can craft. Difficulty level is perfect in my opinion... it's challenging, but not too hard or cheap at all. The scope of the world is massive and even with it being a huge open world, the graphics are amazing. Jumping off a cliff to hangglide over the islands and beaches below is just breathtaking, and it's all done seamelessly without pop-in at all. I am SO GLAD that I got this game and I am looking forward to putting 30 hours into it. Do not listen to anyone that gives this game a mixed or negative review, they are nuts!

In closing, and I will quote myself: "Far Cry 3 is one of the greatest video games that I have ever played in my 30+ year gaming career!"
  7. Dec 8, 2012
    Got this on launch date and I just beat the game and here is my verdict. The game is sandbox style but it is also set up in a way where you can get to parts of the island quicker via vehicles/other means. This is good because if you are like me I do not like games where you have to walk for 45 mins just to get to your destination. There is a lot to do in this game from the main story toGot this on launch date and I just beat the game and here is my verdict. The game is sandbox style but it is also set up in a way where you can get to parts of the island quicker via vehicles/other means. This is good because if you are like me I do not like games where you have to walk for 45 mins just to get to your destination. There is a lot to do in this game from the main story to side quests, however I found the side quests to be a little boring,more or less just there for filler. You choose the way you want to play this game which is a plus. The music is good and the sounds are good, I know a lot of people like the graphics but I thought them to be nothing special,but they are still decent for a sandbox game. Framerate dips are there,but that will only be an issue for nitpicky people. The storyline is pretty decent aswell. In Far Cry 3 you do not have to worry about your guns jamming all the time like in Far Cry 2. The multiplayer is also great deals of fun. Although not perfect, still might be a contender for GOTY. We will see. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Far cry 3 is game of the year IMO. The whole game feels polished to perfection. There are so many ways to complete you objective I feel like a kid in a candy shop! Even just getting around the island give you choices. Jet ski, boat, jeep, walking, truck...or maybe hand gliding, there all great fun! The best story driven FPS I have every played, and I have played lots. Do yourself a favorFar cry 3 is game of the year IMO. The whole game feels polished to perfection. There are so many ways to complete you objective I feel like a kid in a candy shop! Even just getting around the island give you choices. Jet ski, boat, jeep, walking, truck...or maybe hand gliding, there all great fun! The best story driven FPS I have every played, and I have played lots. Do yourself a favor and buy this game, you will not regret it! Expand
  9. Jan 1, 2013
    "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?" These words are just a few of the memorable moments of not only the greatest game to grace our consoles this year..but a game in serious contention for one of the best games this side of the current generation of consoles.
    Not only was that sentence uttered by one of the most entertaining but disturbing villains of our time, Vaas Montenegro, but he continues this rant with a few choice swear words to explain insanity as repeating the same thing over and over again, I seen this as a subtle middle finger to the other first-person shooters of this generation, and who can blame anyone for believing this.
    Far Cry 3 not only changes the rules... it brings open-world gaming and first-person shooting together in a combined sense of beauty and realism that we rarely come close to seeing anymore in money spinning game-a-year blockbusters.
    We play as Jason Brody, an adrenaline junkie student who is participating in sky-diving holidays with a group of friends. This leads them to Rook Island, a beautiful paradise but with dire consequences waiting behind the green grass and deep oceans.
    What catapults this game above the likes of Assassin's Creed, is the sheer freedom involved here. Don't get me wrong, this takes many cues from AC, but this game deserves more credit for being truly open-world. Whether you are skinning animals to make larger weapon holsters, wrestling with a shark to stop it tearing you to shreds, or taking to the skies with a hand-glider or wing suit, the opportunities are endless. The map is incredibly large but used to its upmost potential, undiscovered ruins, caves, treasures or rare animals, FC3 is a force to be reckoned with. Beautiful landscapes with sprawling beaches and an excellent variety of vehicles make this a truly endlessly entertaining experience.
    Vaas is the clear standout of this game.. with not nearly enough screen time he isn't done justice but when he's there, he's there. A dangerously accurate personality,and mannerism combo similar to the cunning insanity of the Dark Knights joker, easily one of the most frighteningly terrific villains we've ever seen.
    With all this and much more..this is a truly unforgettable game that never ceases to amaze.
  10. Dec 14, 2012
    Nice job Ubisoft! After a fail of Far Cry 2 with crappy driving I was happy to see Far Cry 3 was coming out but was kinda scared to see if they fixed the issues with far cry 2. I was wrong.... This is a great open world fps game. The stealth is good, there is even poker, killing animals and the FLAMETHROWER!!!!!!!!! The story missions are great fun and the side missions are even fun too.Nice job Ubisoft! After a fail of Far Cry 2 with crappy driving I was happy to see Far Cry 3 was coming out but was kinda scared to see if they fixed the issues with far cry 2. I was wrong.... This is a great open world fps game. The stealth is good, there is even poker, killing animals and the FLAMETHROWER!!!!!!!!! The story missions are great fun and the side missions are even fun too. They fixed the issues with the driving, better graphics and just a better game then far cry 2. The multiplayer is great fun too. The weapons are balanced good, the game modes are fun, and there is even the MACARENA!!!!!!! (at the end of the online game that is) The co-op is also fun too. It's like uncharted 3 where there is cutscenes showing the characters or anything else. This is one of the best fps games of the year and it is definitely a buy or a rent. Expand
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is incredible, everything about it is incredible the free roam the guns the graphics everything. The story is just amazing shows you the main characters inanity take a turn for the worst as he tries to save his friends. The only thing I'm not big on is the multiplayer really badly balanced and not much people play. Besides from the this game is amazing! 10/10
  12. Dec 4, 2012
    My bro snatched this up for me (thanks kev) and so far the multiplayer is so cool I haven't been able to pull away from it long enough to scope out the single-player. It is way better than I anticipated and I'm pretty picky about fps multiplayer. Lots of fresh ideas, killer sound and presentation, but best of all its fun. It has some cool team mechanics but you can also run and gun like aMy bro snatched this up for me (thanks kev) and so far the multiplayer is so cool I haven't been able to pull away from it long enough to scope out the single-player. It is way better than I anticipated and I'm pretty picky about fps multiplayer. Lots of fresh ideas, killer sound and presentation, but best of all its fun. It has some cool team mechanics but you can also run and gun like a beast if you want. Finally some fresh fps blood. The only problem is I gotta work in the morning! XD Expand
  13. Dec 22, 2012
    ------- Mother of God. ------- That is all I have to offer for a one liner, this game is a bag of bloody mature as all hell fun. I simply cannot believe the overall quality and execution of this game and game world. Also, anything that you have read about the story being crap is totally unfounded. The story is most definitely not of the calibre of say MGS, but it is very enjoyable with------- Mother of God. ------- That is all I have to offer for a one liner, this game is a bag of bloody mature as all hell fun. I simply cannot believe the overall quality and execution of this game and game world. Also, anything that you have read about the story being crap is totally unfounded. The story is most definitely not of the calibre of say MGS, but it is very enjoyable with characters that are a joy to be with throughout the game world. The variety of goings on in the world is also without comparison. I have never experienced hunting such as this, run gunning thorough the jungle, and stalking man and beast in this way in any game before. *** My most favorite part of this game is the tripped out MAX PAYNE style darkness and visions, I am not going to say anything else but they are in my mind worth $20 alone. *** I cannot really get across how much this game blew me away. I bought FC2, and it was a turd. This is a gilded 24 karat gold Barret 50 with your name on it wrapped in a bow. ENJOY! Expand
  14. Dec 4, 2012
    This may very well be the best game of 2012 and possible even one of the greatest open world shooters of all time. Do yourself a favor and buy this game.
  15. Dec 14, 2012
    απλα απιστευτο, το παιχνιδι ειναι ενα αριστουργημα !!! χαρηκα καθε στιγμη πουαπλα απιστευτο, το παιχνιδι ειναι ενα αριστουργημα !!! χαρηκα καθε στιγμη που επαιξα μαζι του και μου εδωσε ατελειωτες ωρες χαρας και διασκεδασης. ευχομαι και σε ενα 4ο μερος και να ειναι ακομα καλυτερο απο αυτο !!! Expand
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    This game for me is a shoe in for game of the year, it has everything I could ever ask for in a game. However is not without its very very minor faults.
    The first thing I noticed in this game are the incredible graphics and the downright awesome and STUNNING setting. This map is huge, but not so huge that its a laborious task to get around. Entwined with the abilities to hunt, dive and liberate sections of the map, it makes for great gameplay. The story is solid and maintains through the whole game, the characters are memorable and really quite amusing sometimes. The control system is similar to that of Call of Duty making it familiar and easy to grasp for most players (I should assume) and the stealth abilities are a great feature. Leading from that you have the ability to upgrade Jason's abilities through his mystical tattoo thing.. Unlocking new abilities as you complete challenges and missions.
    The occasional flaw would have to be the slow context pooping when you synchronise a radio tower, and the sometimes glitchy driving. Overall, this is a FANTASTIC game, certainly worth playing through, especially if you are a fan of open world games with endless possibilities. 100%
  17. Dec 5, 2012
    2012 hasn't been a great year for gaming in my opinion. A lot of let downs with a few good games. Most games I played this year ended up being traded in. Now with the release of Far Cry 3, I'm looking forward to a great holiday season. A lot about this game excited me from graphics, story, game play, multi-player(note I'm not that big on multi-player modes), the list goes on. The co-op has2012 hasn't been a great year for gaming in my opinion. A lot of let downs with a few good games. Most games I played this year ended up being traded in. Now with the release of Far Cry 3, I'm looking forward to a great holiday season. A lot about this game excited me from graphics, story, game play, multi-player(note I'm not that big on multi-player modes), the list goes on. The co-op has it's own story. The multi-player is innovative and fun!!! The single-player campaign is insanely amazing!!! The detail in all aspects of this game is just mind blowing. I appreciate the craft that was put into this game and I'll be playing this one for a while. Easily game of the year for me. Expand
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    Best game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks aBest game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks a lot and it also fits well with every scene. The gameplay is smooth compared to Far Cry 2. There's a lot of content and the map editor has seen some huge improvements! Expand
  19. Jan 13, 2013
    As of writing this my past experiences with Far Cry have only been of hatred. That is not the case with this game. Ubisoft has managed to take a struggling franchise and turn it into a triple A action thriller. if you have not played a Far Cry game skip the 1st 2 and just get this one. the voice acting is spot on and so is the action packed experience. the story starts off very strong butAs of writing this my past experiences with Far Cry have only been of hatred. That is not the case with this game. Ubisoft has managed to take a struggling franchise and turn it into a triple A action thriller. if you have not played a Far Cry game skip the 1st 2 and just get this one. the voice acting is spot on and so is the action packed experience. the story starts off very strong but then kinda slides in quality about half way through but over all it is satisfying and worth playing through. another thing i love about this game is the fact that you can build up your character from being a little wimp into a big bad a$$ which is awesome instead of being a military trained hard head who starts off strong and ends in about the same place he started. also the game lets you be awesome all the way through instead of having some abilities and then only letting you reach your full potential just before the final boss. other than Vaas and Sam most of the characters aren't really developed all that well and i cant even remember their names but it does not take away from the experience and the story still flows well. there is so much t do in this game that the title "Skyrim with guns" is an appropriate title since you can follow the story or go off and do your own thing like capturing outposts, hunting to increase the amount of things you can carry or hunt down the hundreds of collectible items in the game. another thing that makes this game what it is are the random encounters through out the world like the rebels in a fire fight with the enemy or after just scouting out a base and getting your plan of attack all figured out then in walks a tiger and clears the base for you. the AI in this game is great as well they are very realistic in the fact that if one enemy sees you every one does not know where you are until they actually see you and if they see a dead body they will freak out and wonder what is going on but they will not instantly know you were the killer and hey will hunt to try to find the cause of the person's death. the graphics are alright with a few exceptions with cut in and sometimes warped textures but this is to be expected with such a big and open world game. i have not touched the multiplayer yet since i have been so caught up in the campaign so i cant say anything about that. this game is almost a perfect game and i believe it will get many GOTY nominations if not awards anyone who loves gaming should pick this up because once you start playing you will not want to stop until you have finished the game to its entirety Expand
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 3 is hell of a game. It's placed in tropical island where you and your friends get imprisoned by a bad guy called Vass Montenegro , who is sociopathic murderer, pirate and smuggler. Characters are very well done and they are believable. Your character is afraid of killing anyone at the start of the game and it fells like you actually are unexperienced killer , who wants to free his friends and kill Vass for everything he has done. As you get deeper into the game your character meets native beauty called Citra who is leader of the tribe against Vass who is actually her brother. When it gets to action this game is perfect. You can upgrade and modificate your weapons , gather plants to create syringes which can heal you or give you a buff for some ammount of time. You can also hunt down many different animals and skin them to create larger inventory bag , bigger ammo pouch , syringe pouch and everything you need to expand your current holdings space. Game is filled with outposts you can liberate and then fast travel through them via the map, or you can just drive with your jeep and enjoy the scenery. I can highly recommend this game , as its one of the best games released this year and its packed with one hell of a fun !! Expand
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    Sharks, tigers, pirates, quad bikes, 50 cal. sniper rifles and one truly massive archipelago; baby I'm home! NOTABLE FEATURES: a wide variety of tactics can be employed to liberate outposts, from sniping from afar with a silenced 50 cal. to rolling in, equipped with an RPG, a dozen Molotov and flamethrower to-boot. Side missions are a blast: shooting birds for target practise,Sharks, tigers, pirates, quad bikes, 50 cal. sniper rifles and one truly massive archipelago; baby I'm home! NOTABLE FEATURES: a wide variety of tactics can be employed to liberate outposts, from sniping from afar with a silenced 50 cal. to rolling in, equipped with an RPG, a dozen Molotov and flamethrower to-boot. Side missions are a blast: shooting birds for target practise, racing against the clock to a destination in a number of vehicles, scaling swaying and creaking radio towers and hunting ferocious wildlife armed with a bow. SETTING: Outstanding - The Rook islands are gorgeous, driving through them is a pleasure in and of itself and at times feels like a wildlife safari. GAMEPLAY: Excellent - Just keeps getting better and better, as your character builds up his armoury and abilities. The storyline missions are very linear; the gameplay excels on your own adventures as you take out outposts and traverse the tropical, blood soaked paradise. GRAPHICS: Outstanding - the best of the FPS genre in this generation. Even better on PC, but PS3 is still magnificent. Story: Weak - Vass is a terrifying and exhilarating villain but aside from him, there is not much going on here. Pathetic main group of characters and boring tribal stereotypes pervade the cast of 'good guys'. Vass is the only element breathing life into the story line and without him it would have all the emotion of rotting corpse. +Sandbox - do what you want, go where you want, use what you want. +Stunning tropical paradise is a lovely backdrop. +Jason's wing suit, leap off a cliff and glide through the air like a winged possum. -Forgettable Story -linear story missions CLOSING THOUGHTS: Come for the buffet of thrilling side missions this game offers up, but don't expect anything from the storyline missions. Expand
  22. Jan 20, 2013
    I recently picked up Far Cry 3 for my PlayStation 3. In the opening I instantly realized this is going to be a story with emotional points, a bit like a dumbed down walking dead. The next thing I realized was the interesting characters and amazing voice acting. This will be a spoiler free review, so don't panic, i'm only saying the basic plot. You play as Jason Brody, you are a student atI recently picked up Far Cry 3 for my PlayStation 3. In the opening I instantly realized this is going to be a story with emotional points, a bit like a dumbed down walking dead. The next thing I realized was the interesting characters and amazing voice acting. This will be a spoiler free review, so don't panic, i'm only saying the basic plot. You play as Jason Brody, you are a student at college, you and your rich friends decide to go to Brook island. Then Vaas, the best guy on earth takes them away. I'm not kidding, Vaas has the best villain of the year award. While graphics don't make a game, i'm still talking about them. Far Cry 3 has brilliant graphics, soaring across the sky's on your hand glider and seeing the tiny villages and the sun rays and everything, or stabbing someone and seeing a big gush of blood and your dagger (machete? sword?) going straight through their chest. Game-play, is fun and addicting, so much range of stuff to do, it may be exploring caves, or finding WW2 relics, freeing slaves by taking out a entire camp of pirates, or just taking the more calm approach, and just pick off animals from a cliff then skin them. This brings me to another topic, the crafting. Crafting isn't some half-assed add on to make it seem like they put effort, when they really added animals and skins. In Far Cry 3, animals serve a purpose, you can only hold 1 weapon at the start of the game, you need to hunt and kill specific animals for the hide, to then craft better weapon holsters, or better wallets etc. This brings me to a verdict, i'm going to land this game with a 9/10, with a Must Buy seal. All that's stopping it being a full 10/10 is the tiny things adding up. Like repair tools counting as a weapon, or more rare vehicles, or annoying civilians asking for help. Do yourself a favor and buy this game. Expand
  23. Mar 21, 2013
    I was addicted from the bat. The story gripped me, the combat absorbed me, and the world became something I wanted to explore every inch of. I regret nothing by Platinuming this fantastic game. Jason becomes a character that you care about a lot because you watch him become a badass before your eyes. Some of the side characters are dull and unexciting, but that is for a reason. They areI was addicted from the bat. The story gripped me, the combat absorbed me, and the world became something I wanted to explore every inch of. I regret nothing by Platinuming this fantastic game. Jason becomes a character that you care about a lot because you watch him become a badass before your eyes. Some of the side characters are dull and unexciting, but that is for a reason. They are dull because they haven't evolved to the world that you have and it is the first time that I've been happy that characters were not strong and exciting. Now, after all of this, why am i not giving this the perfect 10/10? Sadly, the multiplayer feels tagged on. The modes are uninspired and uninteresting. The Co-op can be quite fun the server rooms are not the most accepting. If you wanted to play a specific a level, be prepared to spent a lot of time waiting for the 3 people to join your quest cause online quick matches usually only stays on one mission. So beyond the online components of the game, the single player is one of the best experiences in FPS's I've ever played. Expand
  24. Dec 24, 2012
    I did not have so much fun and emotions since... wow, hard to say, but it was a long time ago. The game is pretty nice also (even on PS3!). One or two things should be improved such as the vehicle driving (bad view where sometime to do not see the road anymore... and handling is strange too). Sometime you die falling from, what, 3 meters ? But these are rare moments, and the rest is pretty good!
  25. Dec 27, 2012
    The developers truly learned from their mistakes, this time around the insanely fun gameplay and characters will keep you interested enough to see the journey through. This is one of the better open world sandbox games this gen, everything in it has a meaning, you gain different rewards from collectibles, killing enemies, exploring and hunting animals, nothing in this game feels reallyThe developers truly learned from their mistakes, this time around the insanely fun gameplay and characters will keep you interested enough to see the journey through. This is one of the better open world sandbox games this gen, everything in it has a meaning, you gain different rewards from collectibles, killing enemies, exploring and hunting animals, nothing in this game feels really shallow or anything. It also has multiplayer, both co-op (including split-screen co-op, yay!) and competitive multiplayer, even though you might need other online buddies to get together a good game. Still, you will get plenty of value from the singleplayer, it's rare to have such a complete package, and kudos to Ubisoft for making this happen. With everything so good in this game, I give it a 9/10. Expand
  26. Feb 23, 2013
    I'll make this simple. This is the game of the year. Only the majesty of The Walking Dead pushes it even close. If you have even slightly enjoyed any FPS game you will love it. If you enjoyed Assasins Creed you will love it. Fan of Red Dead Redemption? Look no further. And like RDR and the best AC games, this is a game you will immerse yourself in, get lost in, BELIEVE in. The graphicsI'll make this simple. This is the game of the year. Only the majesty of The Walking Dead pushes it even close. If you have even slightly enjoyed any FPS game you will love it. If you enjoyed Assasins Creed you will love it. Fan of Red Dead Redemption? Look no further. And like RDR and the best AC games, this is a game you will immerse yourself in, get lost in, BELIEVE in. The graphics are sensational and the atmosphere unlike anything for a long time. It has hours of non story mode playability and is the first game I've Ben desperate to return to for a long time. Gripes about the ending aside (I quite liked it anyway) you'll be sad to see the story end so good is it. And that these days is a true rarity. Superb. Expand
  27. May 16, 2013
    my third favorit game of all time get it if you love skyrim get it its skyrim with guns alright i know thats what everyone is saying and it is completely true its fun open world will leave you in with tons of hours
  28. Dec 6, 2012
    It's pretty great. I dunno why it's so addictive. There's so much to do (see). Killing baddies never gets old. You feel like a secret-agent-badass most of the time. Story's entertaining, and surprisingly the acting is good. I'm so used to awful acting in games, it's defiantly a trip. Oh god, the facial animations, they're good, almost creepily good. I say it's a buy. --only gripe, it'sIt's pretty great. I dunno why it's so addictive. There's so much to do (see). Killing baddies never gets old. You feel like a secret-agent-badass most of the time. Story's entertaining, and surprisingly the acting is good. I'm so used to awful acting in games, it's defiantly a trip. Oh god, the facial animations, they're good, almost creepily good. I say it's a buy. --only gripe, it's really easy (even on hard). Again it doesn't change how fun it is. Expand
  29. Kyr
    Jan 16, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the best FPS i've ever played since Battlefield, is simply amazing how you can do almost everthing, between just gathering a plant to skin a shark. Good graphics,good gameplay, this game certainly deserves Goty.
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    A great game with great story and outstanding characters.Gameplay is truly amazing and so addictive that you'll play this game for months.Ubisoft did a great job with Far Cry 3 and it is definitely a Game of The Year .
  31. Jan 15, 2013
    I have only rented the game a few times over the last month. I have enjoyed every hour thus far. I plan to purchase the game soon. There is so much to do. The map is large. So much terrain to cover, and so many things to craft. I like trying to go stealth. Sneaking up on the NPC from behind is so satisfying. Those damn Komono dragons can be a bit annoying, but I don't think I've facedI have only rented the game a few times over the last month. I have enjoyed every hour thus far. I plan to purchase the game soon. There is so much to do. The map is large. So much terrain to cover, and so many things to craft. I like trying to go stealth. Sneaking up on the NPC from behind is so satisfying. Those damn Komono dragons can be a bit annoying, but I don't think I've faced anything yet. I like the fast travel option. So much customization with weapons it brought back R6 memories. Can't wait to play it again, and ü ultimately make the purchase. Overall, I like it A Lot and highly recommend that you check it out. Collapse

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.