7.9

1. CharlesL
    Mar 3, 2009
    It has far more variety in it's enemies then the first game by far, and actually has enemies that dang near require use of the slow-down feature of the game rather then just using it to over power your enemies. It's not as scary as Condemned 2 was, or even Siren. But it's a solid action shooter with some interesting moments.
    Feb 23, 2009
    Yes it dosen't deliver on new ways of thinking or scare children like other "horror" games, but it more then delivers on a fun and solid fps. If your looking for the next step is fps this isn't for you, but if your looking for a great fps which you wouldn't regret buying, this is perfect for you.
  3. tonyb
    Aug 27, 2009
    excellent single player playability. Character goes thru lots of challenges I haven't seen in games. Multiplayer is a bust though.
  4. MiKE
    Feb 18, 2009
    Rent this game expecting that I would play it for 15 mins and rent it the next day. But to my suprise, I turned on the game and played it for non stop 3 hours! The graphics are very well done, I liked tha gameplay as well. 10/10 for me!
  5. jonesey
    Feb 19, 2009
    Although dated, I love this game. It's a proper FPS, lots of gun battles and a few little scares thrown in to the mix. Some of the guns feel pretty good, loads of feedback and great 5.1. Lights down, sound up, this is a good game, just dont expect anything new. Old school!
  6. StevenR
    Feb 21, 2009
    Very fun game. The story draws you in to a strange world with creepy people. The depth of the game almost reminds me of Bioshock. I played the first fear, Id say the second is better. The only thing I liked from the first game that wasnt carried to the second was the voice messages on the phones. Alma is an excellent antagonist. And trophy support is always a plus. Monolith did a great Very fun game. The story draws you in to a strange world with creepy people. The depth of the game almost reminds me of Bioshock. I played the first fear, Id say the second is better. The only thing I liked from the first game that wasnt carried to the second was the voice messages on the phones. Alma is an excellent antagonist. And trophy support is always a plus. Monolith did a great job with this sequel. Anyone who enjoyed FEAR will enjoy Project Origin! Expand
  7. MikeS.
    Feb 27, 2009
    F.E.A.R. 2 succeeds in delivering the jump-scares the series is known for and spot-on/ highly satisfying (and gruesome) weapons combat. But unfortunately, PROJECT ORIGIN isn't a perfect game, for the Graphics aren't up to the standards of other nex-gen titles (Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Gears of War 2, COD4), the level design while improved F.E.A.R. 2 succeeds in delivering the jump-scares the series is known for and spot-on/ highly satisfying (and gruesome) weapons combat. But unfortunately, PROJECT ORIGIN isn't a perfect game, for the Graphics aren't up to the standards of other nex-gen titles (Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Gears of War 2, COD4), the level design while improved from the first game is still really bland, and overall the game just wasn't that memorable. While it isn't as good as F.E.A.R. was back in it's day, PROJECT ORIGIN is a very fun, very solid (if uninspired) game that most anyone can enjoy. Expand
  8. Sep 3, 2010
    The special feeling and atmosphere of FEAR is here again. The shootouts with the slow-downs and good AI are always different and interesting. The story is very exciting and I can't wait for F3AR.
  9. Nov 5, 2010
    Graphics are nice, gives you that horror type experience, typical shoot em up, thought this was a great game and had fun playing it to the end...... at going rate of 15 bucks its completely worth it
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    It's true, it has far fewer 'fright' moments, it's a different animal altogether really. It's best played in 1 hour chunks because after an hour you'll be saying 'really?!? Another shoot out in a hallway, underground space, etc.. But this games graphics are above average, the action is formidable, and it's single player is long as hell. I was expecting less and was pleasantly surprised.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is fantastic, maybe more so that the first. The plot is good, and the weapons are fun. The graphics are top-notch, and the atmosphere is creepy. The elementary school level will stick with me for years. The campaign is good, albeit shorter than I would have liked. The sounds of the game add a lot to the atmosphere. Definitely worth the buy especially at 20 bucks. Underrated.
  12. Feb 24, 2014
    The graphics have rally improved since the firs F.E.A.R the scares got me this time and I LOVED IT!! I love the challenges to get a trophy or achievements. It's a lot of fun.
  13. Dec 11, 2015
    A really big fan of this series and this game. The campaign is a blast to play and is nice and lengthy as well. Cool story too and most of the levels look and feel fabulous. The game isn't as scary as the first one but it's more of just a great FPS experience overall and the slow mo skill really sets this game apart from others in the genre. Great manipulation of envrionments as wellA really big fan of this series and this game. The campaign is a blast to play and is nice and lengthy as well. Cool story too and most of the levels look and feel fabulous. The game isn't as scary as the first one but it's more of just a great FPS experience overall and the slow mo skill really sets this game apart from others in the genre. Great manipulation of envrionments as well (example you can knock almost anything over) and of course the enemy AI is top notch as usual. Definitely a winner. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2017
    F.E.A.R. 2 takes the good aspects from the first game and develops a deeper version of it in many senses. However, it is not necessarily better or worse than the former; it is just different and more developed technically.

Although it has some intense terror moments, F.E.A.R. 2 is more of an action game with gore and supernatural powers in abundance. Its multiplayer mode also offered many possibilities, but I personally prefer the campaign mode.

1. GamePro
    Now, the spine tingling sequel, Project Origin is here to continue the story of the psychic and psychotic Alma with damn good results. [Mar 2009, p.78]
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    F.E.A.R. 2 emerges as an effective, entertaining FPS with a chiller story element, rather than a real survival horror shooter...Play with the lights dimmed, and don't be surprised if you end up squealing (on the inside) like a little girl. [Mar 2009, p.67]
  3. While the multiplayer is weak and the mood won’t make people forget Dead Space any time soon, the solid action core makes it worth a play.