7.9

1. Oct 9, 2014
    Extremely underwhelming. For a horror game it is very rarely scary, instead 90% is crammed with poor shooting against generic enemies. A disturbing and unfulfilling finale only accentuates how disappointing this is compared to the first.
  2. JustinStramitis
    Feb 15, 2009
    Visually its great. But lets be honest with ourselves. We moved from an office to a hospital and that is about as far as it changes. Weapons are kinda boring. Enemies glow neon colors. It has a severe lack of monitor support, something I hoped they would have fixed from the first fear. My 1920:1200 monitor goes to waste. A solid generic shooter that was built for consoles while theVisually its great. But lets be honest with ourselves. We moved from an office to a hospital and that is about as far as it changes. Weapons are kinda boring. Enemies glow neon colors. It has a severe lack of monitor support, something I hoped they would have fixed from the first fear. My 1920:1200 monitor goes to waste. A solid generic shooter that was built for consoles while the hardcore pc fans who actually pay for their games get kicked to the sidelines by loud mouth xbawks live fans... Expand
  3. GibsonS.
    Feb 10, 2009
    It seems Monolith completely ignored any criticism of the first FEAR. Environments are mostly stale, weapons are run of the mill, and the story is confusing at best. Literally every bad stereotype of late 1990's FPS games is present here. Definitely a rental, not a buy.

Now, the spine tingling sequel, Project Origin is here to continue the story of the psychic and psychotic Alma with damn good results. [Mar 2009, p.78]
  2. F.E.A.R. 2 emerges as an effective, entertaining FPS with a chiller story element, rather than a real survival horror shooter...Play with the lights dimmed, and don't be surprised if you end up squealing (on the inside) like a little girl. [Mar 2009, p.67]
  3. While the multiplayer is weak and the mood won’t make people forget Dead Space any time soon, the solid action core makes it worth a play.