7.2

1. Jul 18, 2011
    This game is horrible. It's a disgrace to the F.E.A.R. series. This game is not a horror game, instead just another first person shooter, and as if that's not bad enough, they removed the health bar and added the dreadful health regeneration system. So, get hit how much you want, take cover, stand up, shoot, take cover, heal up..very boring.

The game is way too short, only 8 chapters and
    none of them are really fun. Also since they removed health packs there's no reason to go explore the levels.

I loved Fear 1 and 2 a lot, seeing the game going in this direction really makes me sad.

Also the developers seem to think swearing is really cool, the AI swears at the most unnecessary times and they swear A LOT, way, WAY too much. I made a short video showing just how brutally often they swear. Search for "AI Swearing" on YouTube if you wanna see.

I paid 50â
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Here we go again-another positive review from dazigz. This guy must really like it in the mouth. First he loves the cartel and now fear 3 . What's next-section 8? I don't know what's scarier-this guys love of crappy games or how much he loves to pound sand.
  3. Sep 29, 2013
    Disappointing is the only word I can really use to describe F.E.A.R 3! As a huge horror fan and fan of the 2nd game I had high hopes for this one, but sadly neither the scares or story lived up to my expectations. I honestly believe that the real problem behind this game was the absence of series creators Monolith studios, because even the gameplay didn't really feel right! I do like this series but i think that if it wants to be as good as it used to then Monolith is going to have to get back behind wheel! Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Nice multimedia as expected, but the AI has taken a dip. Fortunately, the multiplayer elements and Challenges keep things fresh.
  2. Despite a few rays of fun, F.E.A.R. 3 is a production that offers gloom, minus any impending sense of doom. As an action-based first-person shooter it's solid enough to stand alongside is contemporaries in the faceless, grey-brown ranks of the FPS genre, but it does nothing to stand out from the status quo. [September 2011 p71]
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    It may not be the most epic shooter experience out there, but F.E.A.R. 3 eloquently satisfies its niche by giving us a refreshing alternative to the played out machismo theme in most of the shooters out there.