4.3

1. Sep 29, 2013
    This game has been scored mid 80's by critics. How many of them rely on EA for income?

Like real football the game is a matter of opinion and mine is that this version is broke. Not sure why but the play is too slow. The animation of the players is too slow when turning. Its like they all have hip and pelvic injuries the players do not move like athletes. Defending is odd in that defenders go missing when you least expect it. First touch into space appears to be a skill that you are no longer allowed to use. The through ball is too potent.

The game feels like the version before Fifa 13. Fifa 12.5 if you will. This game is a backward step.

Other niggles include online games when you play against a team with the same colour strip or with a ref who clashes with one team. This is annoying and has been an issue for several versions. If you think about it another Fifa 14 is going to be released for PS4. Development of this version must have impacted on the development of this version.

Very sloppy of EA. Like they care.
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    Disappointing. EA don't seem to give a no more. My recommendation is to wait for the PS4 version maybe then you'll get something a bit better than last year's. Avoid this one if you have FIFA 13.
  3. Sep 29, 2013
    SCRIPTING, RUBBER BANDING. You think you control the game through your gamepad but that's a lie! Greedy EA makes these games just to put their hands in your pockets. Go and read all the blogs and forums about that on the internet and how EA tricks you into buying player packages on FUT. There's lots of them. Why do you think EA bans everyone who talks about scripting and momentum fromSCRIPTING, RUBBER BANDING. You think you control the game through your gamepad but that's a lie! Greedy EA makes these games just to put their hands in your pockets. Go and read all the blogs and forums about that on the internet and how EA tricks you into buying player packages on FUT. There's lots of them. Why do you think EA bans everyone who talks about scripting and momentum from their forum?
    FIFA has nothing to do with videogaming.
  4. Sep 28, 2013
    Dear oh dear. You know, I don't actually know how EA have managed to do this, but from having a game that was, on the whole, a good effort in FIFA 13, they've actually managed to take about 5 steps backwards. Even worse, despite having the engine already in place etc, this is the buggiest FIFA yet. So, before we move on to the gameplay itself, let's just take a look at what you can enjoy:Dear oh dear. You know, I don't actually know how EA have managed to do this, but from having a game that was, on the whole, a good effort in FIFA 13, they've actually managed to take about 5 steps backwards. Even worse, despite having the engine already in place etc, this is the buggiest FIFA yet. So, before we move on to the gameplay itself, let's just take a look at what you can enjoy:

- Goalkeepers being beaten for crosses by forwards (leading to goals) even though all they have to do is pick the ball out of the air
    - Offsides being given when the player is clearly onside. Not even close to being offside.
    - CPU players on your team actually running off the pitch during attacks.
    - Players falling over each other ALL THE TIME.
    - Fouls being given for nothing, and in other cases not being given even though a player has just hacked someone down brutally off the ball.
    - The chance of a goal going in from every corner due to players, seemingly, being unmarked constantly, and the ease of which attacking players beat opposition players in the air.

You might say 'ah, he's whining because this has happened against him!'. I'm afraid not I scored 3 goals in one match alone from corners and I honestly believe my hapless opponent could do nothing to stop any of them.

So, now on to gameplay.

Isn't it fun to play a nice fluid football game? It sure is! Well you won't find it here. I've seen panzers turn faster than these players. Sprinting is pretty much pointless now, as ball control has been nerfed. The route to victory this year is simply to walk around the pitch as the defenders are, equally, awful to maneuver. Most of the games I've played against people online have relied on me just walking towards the opposition and them either a) missing me or b) the ball bobbling off their defender. Ladies and gentleman, this ball *does not stick* to anything. Just try and tackle someone, I dare you! They should have named the game Association Pinball for what it's worth.

Don't worry though there's a saving grace once you bobbled your way across the pitch, those generous people at EA have made shooting even more of a doodle than it was last year. I just lost 7-1 (don't laugh, it's not funny), to a series of air through balls (once again, nerfed to the extent that you'd think every player was Ozil) which were all perfectly finesse lobbed into the net first time by the opposition forward.

Simply put, this game is not fun to play. The best way I can describe it is to say that it's akin to controlling an over-80's pub team, that have sold their souls to the devil in return for the cultured striking power of Lionel Messi at his best.

This has been rushed out I'm afraid, and I'm sick to death of games companies screwing people in this manner now. The menus are still as sluggish as last year, and there's a general lack of polish to everything. Did I pay for this tripe?

PS: I wonder why the official metacritic scores are so high?! It's almost like EA had them in their pockets or something...again.
  5. Sep 29, 2013
    I've played fifa since Fifa10 and spent alot of time with each years release. I've never bought PES, but seriously consider it now. Fifa14 SUCKS!! It's like a boring arcade game for kids. Almost as if EA's trying to take away anything fun with the game. "Hey! Let's make the players slower and crash even more! Maybe that'll make the game more realistic?!?!" To score in this game all youI've played fifa since Fifa10 and spent alot of time with each years release. I've never bought PES, but seriously consider it now. Fifa14 SUCKS!! It's like a boring arcade game for kids. Almost as if EA's trying to take away anything fun with the game. "Hey! Let's make the players slower and crash even more! Maybe that'll make the game more realistic?!?!" To score in this game all you need is long through balls, crosses and/or corners. Headers are so overpowered to the point of parody. Then you have those out of the blue long through balls. Yepp, push 2 buttons and your wingers or strikers are one on one with the goalie. Pathetic and no fun at all. Fifa 12 kept me interested the whole year. Fifa13 was also ok, but Fifa14 is getting boring after a couple of days.
    Other things like lag and unplayable games due to poor matchmaking is still there. I'd say every third game I play is ruined by lag.

I'm an above average Fifa player and won 850 and lost about 300 online games in last years Ultimate team.
  6. Sep 26, 2013
    Fifa 14? more like Fifa 13 with a 14 in it. Not only is the same thing but it somewho manages to be worst complicating the direct football gameplay that was so fun from the previous fifas.
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    Despite my better judgement I decided to buy Fifa 14 this year after skipping the last game because it was so buggy. Now after having the game for only 1 day the FUT market is already down, all the items are stuck at completing. Nothing ever changes with Fifa, they take your money and then worry about the problems that come after that. Same old Fifa, same old problems!
  8. Sep 28, 2013
    I've struggled to enjoy playing FIFA games for a few years now. FIFA 12 I traded in 2 months before FIFA 13 was released, and FIFA 13 only lasted me until January due to how annoying they were. FIFA 14 is a bit better than those games... until you play the game on World Class difficulty.
    FIFA 12 and 13, I was playing on Legendary mode, and winning games 3-0 or even more than that, but FIFA 14, the AI becomes that inept and stupid that I'm actually afraid to play on Legendary difficulty in case I find that they all refuse to even move! Players will refuse to run, even though I'm pressing the button telling them to make a run, the game switches to the worst possible player constantly, passes go behind players far too much, players struggle to control the ball, and the computer will never make a mistake, never foul you and never miss a header. It's a chore to play in this difficulty, and if you play it in professional difficulty, then the games far too easy, I've won games 8-0 on professional, then played the same team on world class and struggled to even get a shot in because of how broken it is. Heading is also broken as no matter what you will struggle to win headers, and most of the time if an attacker wins a header on goal, it will most likely go in, despite EA releasing a patch for the game.
  9. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is just FIFA 13 with some new minigames and a new menu. It has exactly the same flaws. For example, you win 4-0 against Chelsea, the next game you play against Rayo Vallecano and it's like thay're possesed by the football demon and you lose 6-0.
    I understood why in the era of PS1 or PS2 thay had to release a game every year, to keep it updated because then there was no dlc niether you can update your game. But in this generation and the next one, there is really no point, since it is almost exactly the same game, just release a new update with the squads and that's it, stop stealing people's money
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    This is probably the worst Fifa game in years. The game has good modes, but the gameplay is horrible. A downgrade from Fifa 13. Sometimes change is not good, and this game is an example.
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    I hate this game. Everything you do is scripted, in fifa 13 i went on a winning run then i would lose to some crappy team. Same in this game. If you want my advice spend your money somewhere else.
  12. Sep 24, 2013
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME!

You don't play this game. You just follow the script. All the matches are scripted by EA. They decide when you win, when you lose, everything is scripted. And it's just the same thing of FIFA 13, just slower, I don't know why It's sad because I was a FIFA fan since FIFA 98, and this is the end of the line for this series for me. Another title that's a copy of
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME!

And it's just the same thing of FIFA 13, just slower, I don't know why

It's sad because I was a FIFA fan since FIFA 98, and this is the end of the line for this series for me. Another title that's a copy of the previous one and full of script.

What I most like in videogaming was the fact that we can decide our destiny, we decide what happens in the screen. EA, since FIFA 12, destroyed this: you don't play a football videogame, you just follow the script the game definied for each match

Run away from this crap
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    Well, another year another FIFA. And for me, that's another year of anger and frustration!

The (according to EA) non-existing handicap/momentum was more noticeable in FIFA 13 than ever before. I had hoped they toned it down this year, so as to not be so obvious. Sadly that is not the case. For those who are unfamiliar with momentum: Catering to the casual gamers, EA has implemented a

Sadly that is not the case.
    For those who are unfamiliar with momentum: Catering to the casual gamers, EA has implemented a system that punishes players for dominating their opponent. When certain "requirements" are met, the game will make your players slower, unresponsive, force more passing/shooting/tackling errors as to give your opponent a "fair" shot. I've never been so angry and frustrated playing a game before. I don't like losing, but it REALLY makes me mad, when the game mechanics is forcing me to concede goals just to keep the casual gamers coming back.

But enough about this "feature", let's talk a little about the gameplay:
    The good news is, that the massive pace abuse is toned down online. The bad news is, that that doesn't mean anything, since the chipped through ball is as overpowered as ever and your defenders now takes two minutes to turn around and start running. Not to mention that there's now a little delay when you switch players, where your player does NOTHING.

On the topic of player switching: How hard can it be to get this right? Even with MANUEL switching, you don't have full control of player switching. What's the point of manuel then?
    During setpieces you concede goals because the player switch system gives you the wrong player. No problem, you just switch again right? Wrong! You can't switch while the ball is in the air.

A few times each match a pass is headed towards one of your players, who just won't move! The opponent snatches the ball, and THEN you can move. Or my favorite: The player actually makes an effort to let the ball pass by him.

The refs are blind in this game. Freekicks called for practically nothing, while a defender can run behind you pulling your shirt for 30 yards, finally bringing you down and stealing the ball... Ref says "play on"?!

Heading is out of this world. This should be a good thing for me, since I enjoy wingplay. But it's just too much... Too many headers ending up in the back of the net.

I've played FIFA since 98 (the good ol' "Song 2" days and I can honestly say: FIFA 14 (and 13) is the game(s) in the series that I've had the least fun with. Online play is broken: nothing but through ball abuse and momentum deciding the matches. Offline is just not for me, so I guess I'm out of luck this year...
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    This is the worst fifa in years. It feels slow to me. The player reaction to receiving the ball and shooting feels like an eternity. The only good thing about this game is the ball physics. The career mode is stupid. I have to scout a player and ask his price, before you would go to the market and his stats and asking price are already there.The player turn so slow and I feel like eachThis is the worst fifa in years. It feels slow to me. The player reaction to receiving the ball and shooting feels like an eternity. The only good thing about this game is the ball physics. The career mode is stupid. I have to scout a player and ask his price, before you would go to the market and his stats and asking price are already there.The player turn so slow and I feel like each team I play is on ultra defensive. I'm glad I borrowed this game because $60 for this game isn't worth it to me. I would rather keep playing fifa 13. I'm very disappointed in this fifa and hopefully the ps4 version shows improvement. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2013
    EA sports are a scam company. FIFA releases since 1993 have been nothing but junk. There is no football logic nor tactics in the gameplay in any series. Ball possession and build up play is useless. The best football player does not win by any means, in fact if you play football like it is played in real life you will end up losing. Too many flaws in this game: headers, highways open onEA sports are a scam company. FIFA releases since 1993 have been nothing but junk. There is no football logic nor tactics in the gameplay in any series. Ball possession and build up play is useless. The best football player does not win by any means, in fact if you play football like it is played in real life you will end up losing. Too many flaws in this game: headers, highways open on the sides, defense is a joke, game pace is a joke, stamina and fatigue is a joke, full game pressure like monkeys, referee and goalkeepers need alot of tweaking. This game sucks and is very much over priced. Once again for the 21th year in a row, EA Sports deceived us as customers. Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the worst FIFA since the ones from ps1, and I really loved the franchise but the way they overhyped teams that they sponsor is disgusting and unfair. On FIFA 13 every team played like Chelsea, parking the bus and just kicking it to a strong striker, that no matter what no matter who you had on your defense that man was gonna outmuscle your player, except for barca, but even though it was incredibly hard you could still beat them in Legendary mode. In FIFA 14 they are the epitome of perfection and if you take the ball away from them it has to be a foul, no other way around it. It's just ridiculous. Another thing whenever you play against barca either they have their original Jersey or the black one the referee will have a completely dark garment, making it confusing sometimes on who to mark, not that it matter because you just can't take the ball away from them. Oh and the so sponsored center of gravity thing is the biggest lie ever. I have been buying FIFA since the FIFA 10 every year but after this disgusting features and how annoyingly difficult they made it, it's not fun to play anymore. So I got rid of that damn copy and I won't buy another FIFA again. Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2013
    The worst Fifa of all time. Players move with the agility of a bus. 70% of the crosses are goals. Players are slow, they can't change pace or direction without losing the ball. EA has done a great job of undoing all the good things they have done for the series in the past 5 years. Please fix this as soon as possible EA.
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    I was astonished at the critics review...no amount could bribe me into writing anything positive about this game, that clearly was not ready to be released.
    To start it off, the interface is annoying as hell and it resembles another failing concept: Microsoft! That should have been the first warning. Actually, the first real warning was the demo very disappointing, slow, full of bugs and with the worst gameplay that has ever been developed.
    But I'd like to go into detail.

1. Graphics: Lazy! The overall graphic of players, stadiums, fans, flags, etc. has virtually not improved at all. Same old, same old. It has not gotten worse however, but I am not sure you can call that an accomplishment. My personal beef is with the player's shorts: it looks like the shorts are made of carton, what the hell is that?

2. Pace: if in Fifa 13 Welliton played better than Messi and Ronaldo, in Fifa 14 stats, especially pace, bear no significance whatsoever. Mertesacker can catch Walcott and Lavezzi is outrun by Cole. This by itself is absolutely ridiculous. There is absolutely no point in using wingers, especially fast ones, because in Fifa 14 pace has no bearing.

3. Stats: for ultimate team especially, stats mean nothing anymore. The perfect example is Kompany vs. David Luiz: the former is rated 86 and the latter 82. Now compare individual stats (i.e. on Futhead) and you will see that Luiz is rated better on almost everything. So why that rating? 86 to 82 is an enormous difference, however, the reality is that David Luiz plays better (or equal at best) in game than Kompany. This makes no sense especially considering how the two payers are rated in the real world. I picked Luiz vs. Kompany but you can see this on a lot of other players.

4. Bugs: The game is infected with all sorts of problems. I will name a few that are the most annoying:
    a) Headers: in Fifa 14 getting a corner kick is equal to getting a penalty kick. In fact, the conversion rate of headers is just as high as the conversion rate of penalties. There is no way to defend corner kicks other than sheer luck or inability of your opponent. I have seen things such as Valbuena jump over Thiago Silva, or Sau jump over Chiellini. How does any of this make sense?
    b) Finesse: I have gotten scored on (once with Lloris and once with Sirigu in the goal) from 50 yard finesse shots, once by Fellaini and once by Tiote...in 2 words: Science Fiction!!!
    c) DNF: this is the cherry on top. The game came out now for a month and I accumulated a multitude of losses because the other players (often upset by the score) would disconnect. The beauty of it is that on my FUT season screen it shows my opponent with the infamous "DNF" symbol, yet the score reads 3-0 for the player that disconnected. How does that make any sense? It has happened at least 7 or 8 times to me personally. Moreover, I was present when the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine, who also reported this, since it had happened a number of times to him as well. But the best part of it is, I got messaged by those players, who claimed they would do this regularly and successfully. Just great.

5. Arbitrariness: EA gave stats without any thoughts as to reality. A couple of examples are:
    a) Messi (and many other incredible players) with 4 star skills, when countless videos online show said players doing all sorts of tricks and skill-moves (on and off the field);
    b) Pirlo and Totti, respectively with pace 58 and 51, while equally as slow players, such as Gerrard, have pace 67;
    c) This is a very personal beef and I understand if most gamers won't agree, but I have to be honest with myself and with the team I support. So, whenever a player goes to a big club, his stats will sky-rocket, but when a promising player goes to an average club the stats are ridiculously lowered.
    For example, see Gervinho to Roma lost rarity and 2 overall points; Maicon went to Roma lost 6 overall points (6!!!); Strootman rated 78 (last season he made TOTS for Dutch league IF) and now that he went to Roma? Still 78! But the funny thing of it all is that Roma, right now, is sitting at the top of the table with 7 games played and 7 wins.

Good job EA...overall I'd say A for
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    A pile of dog ****
    That's all that's need to be said about EAs latest instalment of FIFA.
    How can this game get one positive review just proves that as long as you got the monies your pile of **** Can get glowing review off these accomplished reviewers. Any individual that works at EA Canada must be the most incompetent ape of their field including the janitor that cleans the out of
    A pile of dog ****
    That's all that's need to be said about EAs latest instalment of FIFA.
    Can get glowing review off these accomplished reviewers.
    Any individual that works at EA Canada must be the most incompetent ape of their field including the janitor that cleans the out of the toilets...yep the same place they create their "realistic" experiences. Haha
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    Myself and three friends played 2on2 on fifa 13 and loved couldn't wait for 14 to come out.We all get it Tuesday get home and we cannot figure out how to play just a basic 2on 2 game.We all join the same private (Chat) lobby then we click creat game but we can only invite one person from that lobby.Therefore only a heads up match.Any one have a solution to our prob or does 14 not offerMyself and three friends played 2on2 on fifa 13 and loved couldn't wait for 14 to come out.We all get it Tuesday get home and we cannot figure out how to play just a basic 2on 2 game.We all join the same private (Chat) lobby then we click creat game but we can only invite one person from that lobby.Therefore only a heads up match.Any one have a solution to our prob or does 14 not offer this game mode anymore?If so I thought new games were supposed to add to the next version Not Take away things.Very disappointed if we cant figure this out.would love for some Help!! Expand
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    A waste of money, the way EA scam people every year by telling them their game has vastly improved is pathetic, funny thing is, EA hasn't even put in the effort to do even that, we're left with a game lacking in the graphics and innovation department despite minor improvements to its FUT mode. The fact this game costs as much as it's predecessor is a sham, a very big let down...
  22. Oct 3, 2013
    Very dissapointing.
    Sluggish player movement.
    GK fails
    Defense fails
    overall AI fails
    Midfield is flooded with players. No room to move. Is the field to small
    OP headers crosses lobs etc etc etc
  23. Nov 6, 2013
    What used to be a fun experience with fluid attacking and execution of real-time strategy has now turned into a slowed down, irritating experience..

This has been the most disappointing FIFA version ever. I honestly don't understand how the critics posted an 8.5/10 as they must of been paid or have never been a true fifa player. Anyone whos been following the series since fifa 10

Anyone whos been following the series since fifa 10 knows that this game is a step back. In a number of swift moves, EA have taken the "fun" out of FIFA. Let me explain:

I understand that fifa 13 attackers may have been too pacey, but fifa 14 attackers all feel like slow grannys. Wheres acceleration off the mark gone? The only thing you need to do is compare the speed of messi with the ball and jageika (everton defender) in a foot race across the pitch and you'll see that jageika wins every single time. Seriously? test it again with robben, ronaldo, neymar, bale and the same thing happens. Realism according to EA?

Okay, perhaps reining in speed isnt that bad.. According to EA, they are trying to make the game more "possession based vs pace" which is fair enough. If EA just stopped there, it would have been fine...
    BUT the list goes on...
    the terrible player glitches....ball control, heading is overpowered, defender being completely oblivious to an open balls. goalies have never been more stupid... There's not even goal line technology... Scored a long shot with ronaldo, and the ball bounced out (no goal).

The biggest point: Ball control is the ever. The amount of times I watched a player lose the ball and say "are you serious... I can control the ball better than that" ....and to be honest I'm a pretty poor football player.
    How the hell can you play possession football if no-one can control the ball properly without it bouncing 10 yards away? Has anyone at EA ever seen a good footballer? Do they just assume noone knows how to stop a ball and keep it between their feet?

And atleast once a game a regular pass of the ball to another teammate results in the ball just bouncing off the back of his foot. Or it rolls through his legs. And the receiver just looks at the ball.... Doesn't even try to recover it... Are you serious EA.

In my opinion I feel that my review is in no way harsh. I honestly feel cheated by EA by this pile of trash they created this year. Its pretty obvious they didn't even complete testing or development for this version of FIFA. They just... threw it out there and knew we would buy it... f'ing cheated. For this reason I will strongly consider the next version of PES.

FIX THIS GAME. Everyone I know hates it.
  24. Oct 6, 2013
    Wow, they really messed this years game up! It's absolutely tragic. It's slow, unresponsive and as always FULL of bugs! EA...you need putting down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Nov 28, 2013
    Absolute garbage. If you were disappointed with FIFA 13, then don't even bother to try this one. Nothing has changes. It is a game of pre-scripted show.
  26. Oct 2, 2013
    We've been playing fifa 13 UT for a year with friends and it was a lot of fun. We are not hardcore players, play online only, 15-20 games per week. We've had a lot of hopes fifa 14 would be more realistic with less players using all the same tricks and moves and it seemed to be the point in the beginning. But now i wish the tricks and skill moves were back. Basically every goal we score isWe've been playing fifa 13 UT for a year with friends and it was a lot of fun. We are not hardcore players, play online only, 15-20 games per week. We've had a lot of hopes fifa 14 would be more realistic with less players using all the same tricks and moves and it seemed to be the point in the beginning. But now i wish the tricks and skill moves were back. Basically every goal we score is a cross and a header or a combination of unbelievably idiotic collisions and bounces. Every attack is a through ball, mostly by air and then cross or flick over the GK. Once in 2 games we are able to pull through a beautiful realistic combination which didn't happen much often in FIFA 13 but that is not enough. I like the idea of fifa being less arcade but they need to work hard to make it happen in fifa 15. Buying per tomorrow. Expand
  27. Sep 27, 2013
    I'm not a fan of sports game, but i played FIFA 14 and i said to myself: "What the I'm playing?", this game has a poor gameplay, and it has no novelty. FIFA 14 sucks.
  28. Sep 30, 2013
    This fifa is deceptive. Initial reactions are that it seems better but the more you progress in Season mode online the more you find all of the things that you thought would make the game good are actually awful. Lordzoots review is pretty spot on. In addition you find much bigger players getting knocked off the ball in the midfield all the time by smaller players...the best way to scoreThis fifa is deceptive. Initial reactions are that it seems better but the more you progress in Season mode online the more you find all of the things that you thought would make the game good are actually awful. Lordzoots review is pretty spot on. In addition you find much bigger players getting knocked off the ball in the midfield all the time by smaller players...the best way to score just lump it up the pitch to the winger...basically is you actually liked to pass the ball in FIFA this is not the version for you as you will lose it and get long balled every time and your midfielders are weak....get knocked off the ball all the time and can't control the ball at all....poor effort EA....mine is going straight to CEX... Expand
  29. Oct 3, 2013
    The "professional" reviews of this game is reason to doubt the integrity of video game reviewers. Like the FIFA 14 development team, most reviews have obviously never been to an actual football game. FIFA 14 is utter rubbish. EA's attempt to implement more realistic elements has resulted in a game that is neither a realistic simulator nor an actual fun game. If this is what we can expectThe "professional" reviews of this game is reason to doubt the integrity of video game reviewers. Like the FIFA 14 development team, most reviews have obviously never been to an actual football game. FIFA 14 is utter rubbish. EA's attempt to implement more realistic elements has resulted in a game that is neither a realistic simulator nor an actual fun game. If this is what we can expect from the series, this is the last FIFA I'll ever spend money on. Feels more like a charity donation than a purchase of a product. Expand
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    I cannot believe how pathetic this game is. Every match is predetermined. No matter which team you choose or the formations and tactics you use, FIFA decides when you or the opposition scores. Every game is about favouritism, not realism. There is no realism in this game. Players continually run away from the ball, make no attempt to challenge headers from corners, and walk over the ballI cannot believe how pathetic this game is. Every match is predetermined. No matter which team you choose or the formations and tactics you use, FIFA decides when you or the opposition scores. Every game is about favouritism, not realism. There is no realism in this game. Players continually run away from the ball, make no attempt to challenge headers from corners, and walk over the ball on purpose just so it looks you did a deliberate cut out pass. It’s pathetic how EA every year re-releases the same FIFA but ads a few more celebrations to brand it as NEW. Just rubbish, a load of rubbish. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2013
    FIFA 14 replaces the quick pacing of its previous installments with slow, heavier gameplay which extinguishes the excitement and fun of the franchise.
  32. Nov 6, 2013
    Same crap every year. Really terrible, pointless game. Not only fifa 14 but all fifa games are piles of massive crap................................
  33. Oct 29, 2013
    The gameplay in FIFA 14 is terrible. it feels like the product was rushed and unfinished. There are so many bugs it's to the point where i get frustrated. Great going EA.
  34. Oct 12, 2013
    I cannot express how disappointed I am with the game. Fifa 13 was sublime, but they've usurped all the fun out of the experience. Shame on you, EA!
  35. Oct 14, 2013
    Graphically it is a good game, and when compared with the first FIFA generation, change is evident. The game modes uneventful, and quite complete in this sense, as the whole saga. Its gameplay is painful, destroys the whole game, the games are too slow, the players seem orthopedic when they have to control the ball, the pass system is complicated, the AI defense is too rocky, do a goodGraphically it is a good game, and when compared with the first FIFA generation, change is evident. The game modes uneventful, and quite complete in this sense, as the whole saga. Its gameplay is painful, destroys the whole game, the games are too slow, the players seem orthopedic when they have to control the ball, the pass system is complicated, the AI defense is too rocky, do a good shot on goal is difficult, and if you succeed, the goalkeeper makes a good stop you, they all look international. The defense tactic, without comment, the biggest step back from the FIFA series. In a video game, the most important is the gameplay, and is a very big step back in the FIFA series, which debunks other work. In summary, good graphics, good and fun game modes, but a very bad gameplay. FIFA Best of all, it's FIFA 11, as of this saga to fallen sharply.

Now in Spanish, my native language.

Gráficamente es un buen juego, y si lo comparamos con el primer FIFA, de la generación, el cambio es evidente. Los modos de juego sin novedades, y bastante completo en este sentido, como toda la saga. Su jugabilidad es penosa, destroza todo el juego, los partidos son demasiado lentos, los jugadores parecen ortopédicos cuando tienen que controlar el balón, el sistema de pases se ha complicado, la IA de la defensa es demasiado rocosa, hacer un buen remate a portería es difícil, y si lo consigues, el portero te hace una buena parada, que parecen todos internacionales. La defensa táctica, sin comentarios, el mayor paso atrás de la saga FIFA. En un videojuego, lo mas importante es su jugabilidad, y es un paso atrás muy grande en la saga FIFA, que echa por tierra el resto del trabajo. En resumen, buenos gráficos, buenos y divertidos modos de juego, pero, una muy mala jugabilidad. El mejor FIFA de todos, es el FIFA 11, a partir de este la saga a caído en picado.
  36. Oct 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. well... this game isn't too bad, gameplay is a bit better than last year, only the skills are worst. season mode is good (the same as last fifa) and career mode is pretty funny. but FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM... OMG what a shame! is completely RIGGED. is just cpu vs cpu and who must win... wins. you are only the momentum's viewer (well isn't only momentum, predetermined games before kick off is better).
    FUT (the new gem of EA) is really completely AND... i've paid 60$ for and upgrade, because FUT is unplayable.
    THANKS EA!
  37. Oct 4, 2013
    This game is severely overrated. I can't believe how highly the critics are rating this game. Are you insane? It's just the same exact game each year with changes so minuscule there's no point in bothering. It just gets worse and worse as EA continually strips away more features in favour of micro-transactions or DLC. It's disgusting! Put some actual effort into your games, EA! StopThis game is severely overrated. I can't believe how highly the critics are rating this game. Are you insane? It's just the same exact game each year with changes so minuscule there's no point in bothering. It just gets worse and worse as EA continually strips away more features in favour of micro-transactions or DLC. It's disgusting! Put some actual effort into your games, EA! Stop screwing over your consumers. Please stop supporting an evil, antagonistic corporation that only seeks to monopolise and corrupt the game's industry. They don't care about you, all they care about is releasing the game as fast as possible so they can get as much money as possible. Also, please work on your games for 4-5 years and stop shutting down the servers after only 6 months 1 year. What's the point in having servers if you're just going to shut them down? Actually have substantial updates in your games and have good DLC that is not just a character locked out of the game. It's ridiculous! Conclusion: Screw EA! After I buy Mirror's Edge 2 (Which EA should have no involvement in, only Dice.) I will never buy another game that EA has made or published ever again. Expand
  38. Oct 3, 2013
    This is by fare the badets game ever in the fifa series. Lag, frame drops, gameplay is slow and the list keeps on and on....How I wish I never paid for this game...
  39. Oct 24, 2013
    First off I've played soccer video games for over twenty years and have owned at least half of the Fifa franchise games. I am disappointed with FIFA 14. Simply a good soccer game for me is one that you can't cheat or abuse. One where in order to score and win one has to develop a nice play or make a nice move etc. This was the case for fifa 12 and 13 (to me the best in the series). ThisFirst off I've played soccer video games for over twenty years and have owned at least half of the Fifa franchise games. I am disappointed with FIFA 14. Simply a good soccer game for me is one that you can't cheat or abuse. One where in order to score and win one has to develop a nice play or make a nice move etc. This was the case for fifa 12 and 13 (to me the best in the series). This year's version is a set back in that regard. Too many goofy goals, too many ways to abuse the game (pace-sprint), through ball etc. We're back to the 09-10 era. Simply it's frustrating so not a great deal of fun. The midfield is also way too crowded.

I don't blame EA. They say they were trying to push gamers to play better, develop a more realistic and elaborate style of play. They may have tried to do that, just got it wrong this time. It had to happen, one can't just get better every time.

So for prospective buyers I would say rent the game first and try fifa 13 and PES 14 at the same time and make you own opinion. Is this a decent game for first time players probably. For long time fifa fans It's a failure. Let's hope EA does better next year.
  40. Jan 26, 2014
    ok listen , if u played PES6 or fifa 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 please please dont buy this game , its a pure garbage of bugs and glitches , its not a football game, the worse sport game in years .
  41. Oct 30, 2013
    utter garbage, passes by passing style teams can no longer play as such and lower ranked players are just as good as renowned world class footballers, this version of fifa is a joke, i wish i could demand money back. the only plays that work are lob passes over the heads of players that magnetically land on your team mates feet; when done against you there's nothing you can do to defend.utter garbage, passes by passing style teams can no longer play as such and lower ranked players are just as good as renowned world class footballers, this version of fifa is a joke, i wish i could demand money back. the only plays that work are lob passes over the heads of players that magnetically land on your team mates feet; when done against you there's nothing you can do to defend. total crap job of coding and programming because its the only way you could play this game, same cheesy lob pass, then shoot, maybe score. the last installment of this series at least had more potential for options and plays at your disposal. Expand
  42. Nov 6, 2013
    FIFA 12, 13... FIFA 14. This game is garbage. EA have absolutely sucked all the fun out of the series. I recommend buying fifa 13. Don't waste your time or your money on this game.
  43. Nov 15, 2013
    The worst Fifa I have played since the PES dominance days, I have been playing Fifa from the beginning (Fifa 95) and this has got to be the most frustrating and idiotically designed game to come out of EA. They have taken out the best elements of Fifa 13/12 and added more terrible gameplay. The player selection is utterly shocking with switches consistently taking place at key momentsThe worst Fifa I have played since the PES dominance days, I have been playing Fifa from the beginning (Fifa 95) and this has got to be the most frustrating and idiotically designed game to come out of EA. They have taken out the best elements of Fifa 13/12 and added more terrible gameplay. The player selection is utterly shocking with switches consistently taking place at key moments which lead to lost chances or a conceded goal. The lob through pass is abused and makes it quite easy to score, the goalkeepers have become terrible and make amazing saves in some games and then frequently let in simple shots. Overall the single player mode is terrible but its ultimate team where Fifa really drop the ball, I've purchased around 20-30 packs and I have yet to get one decent player. This will be the last Fifa I will be purchasing and EA has done some serious damage to their reputation in my books. Expand
  44. Nov 16, 2013
    FIFA 14 requires absolutely no skills at all because every match is predetermined. It doesn't matter what formations and tactics you use because one side will always have an unfair advantage and the game will do everything in its power to ensure that team will win.

The only thing you have to do is just run along the sideline and cross the ball because it is impossible to defend against.

There is no point playing this awful and pathetic game. Everything about it is just crap. I am not over exaggerating, this game is awful.

EA should apologise for making a game this bad and expecting people to pay for it.
  45. Jan 12, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS **** GAME. worst soccer game ever. i cant even believe that the people who "tested" this stupid game even allowed it to be released.
    1.) goals are small making it impossible to score
    2.) your keeper blows theirs is a brick wall 3.) your own players that arent under control wander around mindlessly and wont help you or make a run 4.) u cannot make a pass to save your
    1.) goals are small making it impossible to score
    2.) your keeper blows theirs is a brick wall
    4.) u cannot make a pass to save your life
    5.) your own players will get in your way when you try to dribble/shoot
    6.) other teams defenders block every shot
    7.) players (on both teams) will run offsides 99% of the time and the ref will call a offside if your 1/10000000 of a millimeter offside
    8.) if your player gets fouled ref wont call it for you
    9.) ref calls everything against the players team
    10.) the difficulty setting will change whenever it wants making the opponents impossible to score on
    11.) you cannot dribble the ball worth a ****
    12.) you cannot shoot the ball worth a ****
    list goes on and on
  46. Dec 15, 2013
    Scripting and randomness decide winners, more than skills and tactics! through balls and crosses (and corners) are too easy, direct play and good passes are too hard, because it is almost impossible to have more than 5 passes without one of your players miss-passes the ball or the receiver ignoring the ball or running to another direction! Scripting is sooooo obvious, you can tell if youScripting and randomness decide winners, more than skills and tactics! through balls and crosses (and corners) are too easy, direct play and good passes are too hard, because it is almost impossible to have more than 5 passes without one of your players miss-passes the ball or the receiver ignoring the ball or running to another direction! Scripting is sooooo obvious, you can tell if you are going to win or lose within the first 5 minutes of a game! Expand
  47. Dec 17, 2013
    craaap! This is by far the worst fifa ever made where game play is concerned. its hard to believe that this involved any effort to construct. A very frustrating game to play its almost like ur not even playing. Im curious to play it on ps4 then ill probably understand why this game on ps3 is so poor.. players move incredibly slow, positioning and movement is like under 10 kids.. wish i cancraaap! This is by far the worst fifa ever made where game play is concerned. its hard to believe that this involved any effort to construct. A very frustrating game to play its almost like ur not even playing. Im curious to play it on ps4 then ill probably understand why this game on ps3 is so poor.. players move incredibly slow, positioning and movement is like under 10 kids.. wish i can get my money back!! Expand
  48. Dec 2, 2013
    *Avoid* if you're intending to use the career mode.

*Avoid* if you're intending to use the career mode.

The last Fifa game I owned prior to this was Fifa 12 and I got many hours' enjoyment from the career (manager) mode. Inexplicably the UI of Fifa 14 manager mode has descended into a complete mess. Menus are extremely slow and clunky. Apparently there has already been a patch released to try and improve the running of this mode so, incredibly, it must have been even worse before. Team Management is at times genuinely painful, with swapping a player from the reserves into the team causing noticeable delay/lag.

A couple of things that irritate me:

1) Not one mixed or negative review from the 'critics' even though this game is clearly unfinished.

2) How can they allocate resources to get individual running style, football boot choice, or the haircut choice correct of hundreds of players and not bother to make one of the main modes of the game usable!?!
  49. Dec 1, 2013
    Very Disappointing, I am not one for making a reviews but when I saw the critic reviews and the high scores they gave I felt compelled to write my own. I have been a Fifa fan since the days of Fifa International in 1993 and I have bought every edition since. I think EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they produced here. I have never seen so many bugs in Fifa game ever and not toVery Disappointing, I am not one for making a reviews but when I saw the critic reviews and the high scores they gave I felt compelled to write my own. I have been a Fifa fan since the days of Fifa International in 1993 and I have bought every edition since. I think EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they produced here. I have never seen so many bugs in Fifa game ever and not to mention the ugly menus and the freezes. I played two seasons in career mode to find my game save cannot load. Apparently it is a common problem with other gamers. I have put the game back into the box and written it off and I would take this opportunity to say to EA Sports that you have broken a very good game and I feel a bit short changed. I would challenge anyone in EA Sports who believes that this game signals progress. They have ruined it. Expand
  50. Jan 4, 2014
    Maybe they should just fix all the bugs that are in this game for over 3 years now instead of adding new stuff. Get rid of the annoying HANDICAP. They even deny the so called Handicap/scritping. You can't even post about it on their forums or they'll just ban you. It's annoying to first play a great game with great passing and the next game your players cant even pass 1 meter ahead or yourMaybe they should just fix all the bugs that are in this game for over 3 years now instead of adding new stuff. Get rid of the annoying HANDICAP. They even deny the so called Handicap/scritping. You can't even post about it on their forums or they'll just ban you. It's annoying to first play a great game with great passing and the next game your players cant even pass 1 meter ahead or your shots wont go in. Ball that bounces via the back of your defender against the keeper in the goal. All these stupid things make the game sh*t. Usually you would win if you'd play better but not in this game. You have to pray that the game is with you or you'll get a frustrating match and won't win. Expand
  51. Jan 28, 2014
    fifa world cup 2010 was way better than this, this is slow,frustrating and plain not fun anymore,you have to be super precise in every pass and shot and,players are too slow,every attack looks the same, and people are abusing the lobbing pass to the middle constantly, the defending is also terrible, go play fifa world cup 2010 and see all the difference, this games used to be fun now isfifa world cup 2010 was way better than this, this is slow,frustrating and plain not fun anymore,you have to be super precise in every pass and shot and,players are too slow,every attack looks the same, and people are abusing the lobbing pass to the middle constantly, the defending is also terrible, go play fifa world cup 2010 and see all the difference, this games used to be fun now is soulless "realistic ", only the graphics are better than the latest versions Expand
  52. Oct 13, 2013
    I often criticise annual franchises such as sports games- Madden, NBA 2k, Fifa, CoD etc, as fun as they may be, as just annual money grabs by their respective producers. Games with very minimal improvements every year that fans will still throw their cash at. EA have actually found a way to make this game worse than last year's instalment. It's not that it's a not fun game, but whenI often criticise annual franchises such as sports games- Madden, NBA 2k, Fifa, CoD etc, as fun as they may be, as just annual money grabs by their respective producers. Games with very minimal improvements every year that fans will still throw their cash at. EA have actually found a way to make this game worse than last year's instalment. It's not that it's a not fun game, but when they're charging $90 for a slightly inferior version of last year's game, it's a disgrace. I understood the need for yearly instalments in the PS1 and PS2 era when graphical and gameplay updates were huge every year, but in this generation there is no need for this apart from pure profit, since easily-available $5 DLC and updates can give you all you really need. The only thing they've added in half a decade is ultimate team, which suffers from crippling online issues. EA should stop stealing people's money and actually produce a good game. Expand
  53. Jan 18, 2014
    When playing Fifa 14 all you wanna do is snap the disc and throw it right away. It is not only the worst soccer game ever made, it is also the worst sports game ever made. So buggy, slow and with the slowest reactions ever. Same every year. Nothing happens! EA Sports should NOT make Fifa anymore. They don't care about the actual gameplay, they ONLY care about making profits by using a lotWhen playing Fifa 14 all you wanna do is snap the disc and throw it right away. It is not only the worst soccer game ever made, it is also the worst sports game ever made. So buggy, slow and with the slowest reactions ever. Same every year. Nothing happens! EA Sports should NOT make Fifa anymore. They don't care about the actual gameplay, they ONLY care about making profits by using a lot of Money on marketing etc. So poor! I know a lot of Fifa gamers that feel the same. Expand
  54. Oct 16, 2013
    FIFA 13 had it and FIFA 14 had it: button (controller) lag, witch makes the game unplayable,
    off-line and on-line.
    My PC is way beyond the requirements of FIFA 14.
    Haven't had a game of FIFA 14 without lag and players responding late to button actions.
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    This is a terrible excuse for a football simulator. I don't even know where to begin because there are so many problems. Horrible defensive AI means you have to track every run manually. But good luck trying to pick the right player to control, since the switching in this game is awful. Your players will always take at least an extra second to respond to any command you give them.This is a terrible excuse for a football simulator. I don't even know where to begin because there are so many problems. Horrible defensive AI means you have to track every run manually. But good luck trying to pick the right player to control, since the switching in this game is awful. Your players will always take at least an extra second to respond to any command you give them. Sometimes, they won't respond at all, like when they watch a ball roll out of bounds. World class players will have difficulty controlling any pass, no matter where they are. If you are moving and trying to control a pass, forget it.

Basically, you never feel you are controlling anything that happens, and often, it seems like the game is fighting you. Seriously, stay away from this game. Far, far away.
  56. Oct 22, 2013
    The demo looked quite good. On release it was OK, but had a few problems, such as overpowered crossing, through balls, corners, finesse shots. People abused these bugs. They said they would release a patch to correct these problems. The patch did not do this. IT DESTROYED THE GAME!! It basically became like a cheap version of FIFA 13 with zero gameplay. No fun. All scripted and set up forThe demo looked quite good. On release it was OK, but had a few problems, such as overpowered crossing, through balls, corners, finesse shots. People abused these bugs. They said they would release a patch to correct these problems. The patch did not do this. IT DESTROYED THE GAME!! It basically became like a cheap version of FIFA 13 with zero gameplay. No fun. All scripted and set up for pace abuse. It is an absolute disgrace they killed the game with these patches. Since then we have had no response from EA. It is shocking they do care about their customers. I will never buy an EA sports product again UNLESS THEY SORT THIS MESS OUT! Expand
  57. Oct 23, 2013
    Feel like being ripped off by EA, the kings of commercialism?

The FIFA series has only truelly been reworked in FIFA 12 with the introduction of the impact engine and disgraceful 'contain' defending. EA know "contain" defending is a source of hatred for it's faithful, it makes the game clunky and slow, forget about trying to dribble. IF you play online you'll encounter 1 type of
    Feel like being ripped off by EA, the kings of commercialism?

IF you play online you'll encounter 1 type of play, with extreme pressure, with back 5's and 1 pacey striker hitting you on the counter attack from lobbed through balls which have been a problem year after the year.

All this is, is a 'transfer' update with a new menu from the trash they released in FIFA 13.

The lack of options out there for a good football sim essential means we are stuck with this. Although for the first time in years i decided not to buy FIFA, i rented first.

Save your money, even if it breaks your heart not having a football game to play, but you will get no enjoyment out of this at all.
  58. Oct 23, 2013
    The whole game is pretty much broken and the graphics are the same and awful of course. As I said everything is broken and no I'm not just saying that.
  59. Nov 4, 2013
    fifa 14 is the worst game ever.. Just imagine I was playing online with a friend and made 17 shots on target with just a goal smh. I do not know why the players are too slow in running and turning around to take balls from rebounds in the 18.. First touches are too horrible.. This is a big downgrade of fifa14.. I like fifa08 and 11 better
  60. Nov 15, 2013
    i like football very much but to be honest fifa this year is not good.... the headers are unstopable, the lob passes are unstobable.... altrought the gameplay is not so bad but the referees are dicks! 1000 ofsides and mostla are onside, fouls are inredible.... you just run into a player and its foul, you run with the ball and the AI players runs into you and its foul for the computer....i like football very much but to be honest fifa this year is not good.... the headers are unstopable, the lob passes are unstobable.... altrought the gameplay is not so bad but the referees are dicks! 1000 ofsides and mostla are onside, fouls are inredible.... you just run into a player and its foul, you run with the ball and the AI players runs into you and its foul for the computer.... and those 90 min. goals are a every 90 min. its a goal..... and the defenders..... are too fast.... i played with borussia vs arsenal and mertesacker is faster than aubameyang, reus, lewandowski itc. i just cant believe that this is possible.... martesacker is a slow player (no offense arsenal fans).... and there are players that are way too good.... ronaldo.... is fast like a lithning if you play versus him.... but if you play with him its a slow (in online games too)..... the only thing i can say to finish is....... bad game fifa..... very bad! sincerly a dissapointed football (and fifa..... but now im not soo much) fan Expand
  61. Dec 2, 2013
    FIFA 14 is just disapointing.. It's so slow and so much buggs. You can't play a single game without being mad at something. FIFA 13 was great. Why not just make small improvement of that instead of making a whole new game that sucks..
  62. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally i'm not that big a fan of FIFA but when it comes to football games there is no competition, this is easily the best on the market, and improves upon its predecessor with better graphics and more fluent controls. The problem though is that to make it more realistic the players are slower, skills are generally redundant and a simple sidestep is sufficient against most players,Personally i'm not that big a fan of FIFA but when it comes to football games there is no competition, this is easily the best on the market, and improves upon its predecessor with better graphics and more fluent controls. The problem though is that to make it more realistic the players are slower, skills are generally redundant and a simple sidestep is sufficient against most players, finally to score all you need to do is get near the box and tap it in with the basic shot as long as you move the analogue stick slightly away from the keeper, it'll go in. Expand
  63. Dec 1, 2013
    Poor game…Greatly disappointed. EA Games just forget the concept that the realism of soccer cannot be translated by the console controller. Too much to do, too buggy. EA Games plan “the realism” so much that it’s not possible for the game to be enjoyable or even, fun. Poor attempt. Time for Pro Evolution Soccer I guess
  64. Dec 6, 2013
    This is by far THE WORSET FIFA. I've been playing the game since it was Winning Eleven on PS1. I buy Playstation just for football (soccer) games and i used to play alot but now this new FIFA 14 made me play way less. I switched from PES to FIFA in 2010 because i was amazed how the ball goes to the person i want with the way i want. But now I am actually considering switching back to PESThis is by far THE WORSET FIFA. I've been playing the game since it was Winning Eleven on PS1. I buy Playstation just for football (soccer) games and i used to play alot but now this new FIFA 14 made me play way less. I switched from PES to FIFA in 2010 because i was amazed how the ball goes to the person i want with the way i want. But now I am actually considering switching back to PES and try to make my friends do the same. EA went way way way too far of trying to make the game "realistic" but they really FAILD because:

1- The player takes forever to pass even after you press the pass button and the ball is next to his feet. There is nothing faster than the brain orders. When a player in real life wants to pass the ball, he/she will pass right away with whatever method (outside foot, inside foot... etc)

2- Pass accuracy is horrible compared to the time the player takes to pass. When a player in real life takes forever to pass the ball, he/she will make very good pass, and the opposite is true. But in FIFA 14, the player takes long time to pass the ball but yet makes a very wrong pass.

3- The player is extremely slow to turn around. I have no idea why EA thinks its super hard to just turn around while having the ball while standing. It really doesnt make any sense.

4- The marker always goes to the TOTALLY WRONG person when you manually switch it. I call this "unintelligent" game where the game has low user interface.

5- When you switch control to another player, the player shakes like he is having a HEART ATTACK. I dont understand why EA failed with interactions between players on the field

6- When making a long pass, the marker goes to the wrong player and when you switch it back to the player you want he gets a heart attack and you miss everything.

7- The ball passes around the player and the player doesnt move like the game is not his business. when you switch the control to him he will be very slow. In real life every single player runs to the ball. If a player just ignore the ball he will have some very hard time with the couch after the game

I hope EA improved the game in PS4 because otherwise am switching back to PES and will drag couple of friends with me.
  65. Dec 17, 2013
    BAD, BAD, BAD!!! This FIFA is the worst i EVER played since 2000.... Whoever TESTED this crap of a game, needs to be kicked in hes face! How can you release this Oh wait its EA- Never mind. Goodbye.
  66. Dec 19, 2013
    As a seasoned Fifa player, I gave this game a chance and after playing several seasons, I've taken the game out of my Xbox and put it on the shelf. The gameplay is terrible for the following reasons:

-Players first touch: No matter who you play with, your player can't control any passes whatsoever regardless if the ball is passed directly to him with no weight or is a perfectly weighted pass into space

-EA consistently fails to grasp the concept of a through-ball. It's still unfathomable how poor the AI is when playing through balls in this game, where ground through ball are consistently played directly to an opposing defender. But it's gotten even worse this year due to the following reason:

-Officiating AI cannot distinguish passive offsides: I found this out, because I was frustrating with the through ball settings so I changed it to manual. On this setting I was able to play through ball to my liking and play through balls to a player making a run while another player was in a passive offside position, but the FIFA AI would automatically call it offside. This is where I pretty much threw the game in the trash

-Lack of AI on offense. Wingers will consistently start their runs off ball and run into offside positions before you can distribute the ball and you will end up with 5-10 unnecessary offsides a game

-Lack of Defensive AI and Auto switching: The auto switching has always been bad, especially after kickoffs, but the autoswitching in combination with your own defender never helping on D, makes this game completely unrealistic.

-Higher settings are ridiculous: Crappy teams like Augsburg are able to able to press like Barca, Dortmund and Bayern. While on offense, AI seems to be able to lob through balls over your defense at will.

-Game is scripted

-Short passing is underweighted and for some reason becomes inaccurate in the attacking 1/3. Every ball is played without enough weight making it extremely easy for the defense to steal. Makes playing the game on World Class or Legendary and even Professional not fun.

There are so many glaring flaws to the game play that it's simply unenjoyable. I was usually able to dominate on legendary by my 5th career season, but the game play is so poor playing it on Professional can be a challenge at times. The game is challenging, because the game play is utterly frustrating and unrealistic in that it's too slow.

At the end of the day, the game should fun and it absolutely isn't.
  67. Dec 28, 2013
    Awful, awful game...shallow experience. You only need two buttons to be effective (long ball spamming and shoot). And that's it. A footy game this ain't, designed for casual gamers who know next to nothing about the beautiful sport.
  68. Dec 23, 2013
    I was getting tired of Fifa after 13 but I thought I should just give it one more try due to the trailers and bloody misleading reviews and now I have this this frustrating game called Fifa 14. I'm just gonna keep it for my friends when they come to visit but as for me.....back to my mission games!

EA, like I noticed in the previous game are making the game too annoying and frustrating in their efforts to make it "more realistic". I mean, they go on bragging about how the game deliberately makes you miss a lot of goal chances so it'll frustrate you more...fun right? I enjoy missing goal chances a lot, thanks EA for making me realize that...DUMB ASSES! A game is a game and no matter how much we enjoy realism in games, we still want to have fun. That is why we play games, not because we want to get angry or frustrated. The best games are those that create a good balance between fun gameplay and realism. If any EA staff does see this, do yourselves a favor and make corrections in the next game before you begin to lose even more fans than you already lost.
  69. Dec 24, 2013
    Terrible game. Clearly scripted and based toward making EA as much money as possible. Final nail in the coffin, last good fifa was 11. Won't be buying again
  70. Dec 31, 2013
    I dont get people who buy a FIFA game every goddamn year!! Its the samee thing I dont care if the graphics are sliightly better, or if some physics are changed, or some new players added! That can just be added through a DLC. This franchise makes billions selling a new game every year barely changing anything by preying on idiot football fan gamers! People please use your brains and stopI dont get people who buy a FIFA game every goddamn year!! Its the samee thing I dont care if the graphics are sliightly better, or if some physics are changed, or some new players added! That can just be added through a DLC. This franchise makes billions selling a new game every year barely changing anything by preying on idiot football fan gamers! People please use your brains and stop wasting your or your parents money! GOD! Expand
  71. Jan 4, 2014
    it is not the FPS games that lead to mass shootings but this game with the frustration it creates it literally made at least half the people that play this game throw their controller with anger
  72. Jan 6, 2014
    By far one of the worst FIFA games I have ever played. It's too slow! even messi can't control a ball properly, just the AI can. once again you disappoint me EA.
  73. Jan 15, 2014
    As disappointed as one can be with the FIFA franchise. I already had my issues with FIFA13 and how little fun I had with it...never thought FIFA14 would be worse. Just as many other reviewers, I created my account just to express my frustration with this football game. I'm not going to expand on the countless issues FIFA14 has, I feel there's about 237 people clearly stating the issuesAs disappointed as one can be with the FIFA franchise. I already had my issues with FIFA13 and how little fun I had with it...never thought FIFA14 would be worse. Just as many other reviewers, I created my account just to express my frustration with this football game. I'm not going to expand on the countless issues FIFA14 has, I feel there's about 237 people clearly stating the issues with the game. It's amazing what companies are willing to do for money and almost literally paying no attention to its loyal clientele willing to go out there year after year with circa €65 without counting all the extras everyone buys. This game made me nearly destroy my walls in anger and frustration, particularly ever since I went up to World Class where you can play a division 2 team that seems to be like Guardiola's Barcelona. Ridiculous. Never thought I'd give up on this game 2 months after buying it with at least 10 months until the new release. Big shame on EA sports. Expand
  74. Jan 25, 2014
    Fifa 13 was fantastic. Fifa 14 is a disaster. They tried to put more real moves and just screwd-up a perfect game. All player are slow. The result of this? When you play online, you may see ridiculous amount of offsides because players take 2 seconds do react to your pass command.
  75. Jan 29, 2014
    Whatever the developers and designers did to the character control in this game makes me want to pull my hair out. I have been looking forward to playing this after having Fifa 12 for some time and I am not impressed at all. Please redo game. Thank you.
  76. Mar 10, 2014
    Feels like outcome determined before I start. Sometimes the team works perfectly usually at beginning of season. When I get near to promotion the players act like they are drunk. I hit the post 15 times in 1 game with one on ones using finesse. The opponent got a lucky header cross and won 1-0 with my defender falling over in the box. So weird not sure why this always happens then start aFeels like outcome determined before I start. Sometimes the team works perfectly usually at beginning of season. When I get near to promotion the players act like they are drunk. I hit the post 15 times in 1 game with one on ones using finesse. The opponent got a lucky header cross and won 1-0 with my defender falling over in the box. So weird not sure why this always happens then start a new season and it seems to be ok again for a few games Expand
  77. May 1, 2014
    This is the downfall of FIFA history! Thanks FIFA for trying to make it more realistic; YOU **** RUINED OUR FUN! I'm switching to PES! NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF **** You will regret it.
  78. Oct 2, 2013
    They upgraded the menu, tweaked Ultimate Team with a thorough overhaul of the auction house and added 5 additional divisions and some other minor tweaks. That's where the good part ends...

In the end the only thing important for pretty much any game is the actual gameplay... which is just so frikkin bad and to be honest that doesn't even begin to describe it: * The game generally

* The game generally feels slow
    * It is impossible to shield the ball from a defender
    * Ball control is terrible: players randomly let the ball jump several meters from their feet,
    * L1+triangle all the way again, we are back to Fifa 11/Fifa 12 style where people just spam lob over your defenders.
    * Headers are ridiculously overpowered. Playing with Klose I just pretty much score every time a ball falls into the box, it's just embarrassing.
    * And last but not least, they needed to fix how overpowered pace was but they completely ruined it. Van Buyten could actually keep up with Aubameyang now... regardless of pace stats, every player off the ball is faster then any player on the ball right now.
    * You can make redonkulous fouls, just hang on the players shirt across half the pitch, the ref doesn't give a foul anyway.

Fifa 13 needed some polishing... Fifa 14... well, it feels like we've gone back about 10 years. Really, really REALLY bad game.
  79. Mar 19, 2014
    I don't have much bad to say about the game engine compared to all the other reviews, overall I enjoy the new engine and the game play it forces you to adapt (More controlled build up going from defense to attack and so on).

However, what I can't stand with this title is everything around the game play, such as... - Extremely slow menu's. Everything you do outside of actually playing

- Extremely slow menu's. Everything you do outside of actually playing games is sluggish and slow.
    - Market functions being completely broke on Ultimate Team. (I.e. search functions not working at all)
    - The supremely unstable EA servers. You wonder at times how a company at this day and age can have such bad server infrastructure.

With the resources EA possess I am surprised how a AAA title can be so messed up this far from release.
  80. Feb 14, 2014
    Have to say I have been extremely disappointed with FIFA 14. I was not the biggest fan of 13 and think this is a decent step backwards. Here are my main issues:
    -Heading: What a shambles. The attacking player has such an advantage, there is an inability to change player to the defender nearest the ball. If you have a tall powerful player in your team chances are you are going to be very well from corners.
    -Bobbles: It seems that making a clean tackle is a thing of the past. Every time there is any sort of contact (and that is in no way restricted to opposition players, it seems the players in your team enjoy taking break for some human dodgem cars) the ball will head off in any which way, depending on which team has the luck of EA in that match. Awful
    -Passing: I have no idea how it can be so much worse than previous games. The amount of times a pass goes behind the player aimed at is ridiculous, and first-time passes are a thing of the past. Stick to through balls, they are leathal!
    -Lagging: Pretty much every second online game will be ruined by lag. Nothing to do with online connection, just something terrible going on with the servers. A nightmare.
    In general it just seems that it is almost pre-determined who will win, and no matter how you play the result has already been settled. I have played FIFA for a long time, and think it will take a lot of serious improvements in the next game for me to even consider buying it.
  81. Feb 17, 2014
    The interference with players attitudes and increasing the chances of trailing teams scoring at 45min and 90min surely causes a doubling effect as gamers can also become determined or demoralised at different points in play. The ease with which goals are scored by trailing teams at 45 min and 90 min looks to be an attempt to make games more interesting rather than fair competitions
  82. Jul 23, 2014
    I just bought the Fifa14 game and seriously wish I had read these reviews before doing so. This Fifa game is the worst of all. It is so clunky and disjointed. The screens are terribly slow to load, navigating is ridiculous.

Come to game play and the only real word to describe it is horrible. Every second kick is offside. in one game, I had 11 offsides, while the CPU had 5 offsides itself. I'm serious, offside from a goal kick? Off side from a free kick, EA, do you actually know the rules of football? Offside if the player gets involved, not if he's over the other side of the pitch. are you serious? In the same game, the CPU must have some boot on him, 3 times he kicked it out for a goal kick, from his own goal kick, like wtf?

Also, would have thought with the commentary, that you would know the names of teams and players by now, after 21 years of producing a football game, after all, they're built into your game. Commentators talk about "the team who won" etc, without saying the name of the team, same with "the player who scored deserved to score" again, use his name!!

I find it astonishing that EA Sport have gone so far backwards with their gaming. Fifa 14 is without doubt the worst game to play or navigate. There is no way I will purchase Fifa 15, it would need a complete, start from scratch rebuild. I thought Fifa 12 was average, compared to Fifa 8 & 9, but my god, Fifa 14 is an absolute bomb. I want my money back!!
  83. Aug 9, 2014
    Scripted/Handicapped garbage with terrible servers, all EA care about are people who spend real money on packs thinking better players will make there squad better when in reality your bronze team is better than ronaldo ibrahimovic messi etc because its handicapped to help noobs have a chance
  84. Sep 27, 2013
    I usually don't give reviews (no time to do it) but this time i felt i had some responsibility to share my thoughts since every person who buys a new game not only expects something fun and good experience from it, if not they also spend their valuable money for a game that must give them good satisfactions when playing it.
    I bought this game from Amazon and i'm returning it... I waited a
    I bought this game from Amazon and i'm returning it... I waited a whole year with big expectations about FIFA 14 but it was very dissapointed, an amazon user gave this review that is very good and just defines what i also think about FIFA 14:

"This is the first time in the last five years that I have felt bored with FIFA so early in the release, so I have to consider this version a step back overall despite the aforementioned improvements. Realism is nice, but not if it comes at the expense of fun. So far, this FIFA just isn't that fun to play".

Critics do not have a good feeling on how the gaming experience should be every time you play, that is probably why they still give high score to FIFA 14.

YOU FAILED THIS TIME EA SPORTS!!!
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    YUCKKKK!!!! This game sucks........................................oh man EA is terrible they can't make a proper game this is the worst FIFA game.....
  86. Oct 1, 2013
    This is easily the worst FIFA game I've ever played. Buy Fifa 13, deeply superior. It's like playing in mustard, players can't pass or turn, every header is a goal.
  87. Oct 4, 2013
    What were they thinking when they made fifa 14?! This is by far the worst, most frustrating game I have ever played. Players dribble better in real life than in the game! It is as if the producers got together in a meeting and said, "How can we stuff up fifa 14?" Well mission accomplished. I created a metacritic account JUST so I could give this game a 0! I want to snap the CD in half andWhat were they thinking when they made fifa 14?! This is by far the worst, most frustrating game I have ever played. Players dribble better in real life than in the game! It is as if the producers got together in a meeting and said, "How can we stuff up fifa 14?" Well mission accomplished. I created a metacritic account JUST so I could give this game a 0! I want to snap the CD in half and send it back. I would rather play fifa 13 until fifa 15 comes out. Hopefully they would have learnt from this... I don't know what they were trying to accomplish with this game but they have tried to make it too realistic. It is also very glitchy. Sometimes when making a sub, the player who comes on is invisible. This was also the case in fifa 13. Overall, I am extremely dissappointed. Expand
  88. Oct 12, 2013
    Can I get my money back? I was so excited for the release but what a disappointment. I was playing FIFA 2012 and this is almost the same crappy thing. The first touches are so sloppy and half the time it just hits the player and bounces off as if he was looking at something else. I'm into my 2nd season and in the "My Pro" mode and I have 9+ emails saying I'll play next game but it thenCan I get my money back? I was so excited for the release but what a disappointment. I was playing FIFA 2012 and this is almost the same crappy thing. The first touches are so sloppy and half the time it just hits the player and bounces off as if he was looking at something else. I'm into my 2nd season and in the "My Pro" mode and I have 9+ emails saying I'll play next game but it then says I have not been selected in today's squad!!!??? I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. Maybe I'm crazy but I miss FIFA 2004-2007. Expand
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    FIFA seems to get worse every year, I should just stop buying it. EA aren't even trying with this game any more. Me and my son preferred Fifa 12 to 13, and 14 is worse than 13, they seem to have broken the core game this time round. My copy is going to get traded in and we'll just go back to 12 with the old player rosters and kits I'm done EA!
  90. Sep 28, 2013
    Don´t support this update politics!
    You pay 60 bucks for a transfer DLC and minor fixes for the gameplay.
    Also I don´t like the slower speed ingame.
  91. Sep 29, 2013
    Very disappointed with this game. I was expecting, like usual, that most parts of the game is slightly improved from the previous game, as is normal with the FIFA titles. What I feel though, is that the gameplay is a lot worse than FIFA 13. Some points:

The GOOD - You can end an online game even if the opponent feel like watching the replays endlessly (I think, at least nobody so far

The GOOD
    - You can end an online game even if the opponent feel like watching the replays endlessly (I think, at least nobody so far has managed to delay me ending game quick)
    - Err...well, the transfers are up to date...(woo, awesome...right?)

The BAD

- Dribbling is awful, try to dribble anywhere near a defender, and you lose the ball.
    - Through balls does not work, its pretty much an automatic "give ball to opponent" button
    - Players turn like they are wearing concrete shoes, and very often end up losing the ball in the process.
    - Ball control seems weird, players often lose the ball in easy situations, or make a turn and fail to bring the ball with them.
    - AI player movement is bad, send a short pass to one of your players and watch him run AWAY from the ball???
    - Shielding the ball seems impossible, defenders just tackle through you, without committing a foul.
  92. Oct 3, 2013
    Where do i start? Firstly, having kissed goodbye to my FUT coins from FIFA 13 that i was NOT allowed to migrate to FIFA 14, i can say that i began my journey into 14 already disappointed, but little did i know what was to follow.

Gameplay it's frustratingly, agonisingly bad. Passing Forget through balls, they got to your opponent every time. Short passes are sometimes controlled by

Gameplay it's frustratingly, agonisingly bad.

Passing Forget through balls, they got to your opponent every time. Short passes are sometimes controlled by the receiver, other times the ball just bounces 3 or 4 yards off their foot and you lose possession.

Dribbling forget it. You'll lose the ball. Dribbling is a lottery. More often than not, you'll even up confusing yourself while the defender says 'thank you very much' and runs away with the ball.

Sprinting forget it. The players run like they are running through snow when in possession. When not in possession, strikers are still largely beaten for pace by defenders. I mean, how can John Terry beat Theo Walcott to a loose ball by 5 yards? Sprinting with the ball is actually SLOWER than if you just run normally with it. Figure that one out if you can.

Shooting Smack it in from anywhere. Wobble the sticks to put 'dip' or 'curve' on it, and you'll soon have a great amount of 35 yard finishes in your collection. True, they won't have any realism about them, but for some reason, EA Sports seem to think any clogger who can toe-poke a shot from outside the box deserves to beat even the best of keepers.

Control The players turn like they're trying to navigate a field of land-mines whilst using crutches. Sometimes they even forget to take the ball with them.

Other comments The referees seem largely oblivious to the most blatant of fouls and shirt pulling. Keepers still can't get sent off EVER. The AI of the referees is atrocious they blow for a free kick when you've clearly got a major advantage in playing on. The offsides are aplenty far too many stoppages for offside, and as for headers, they are so overpowered its untrue, likewise the keeper punching the ball out.

FUT The ultimate team side of the game is the same as it was before, but they've improved one or two things and at the same time, just for balance, they've spoiled some as well. Firstly, you can get back to the game 'ADVANCE' button without waiting for your opponent to watch the closing movie of the match and handshakes etc. The lay-out for FUT seasons is better the league tables and stats far more user friendly. However they've decided that quite a lot of the time, after matches, you'll get injuries to your players. I'm only into my 2nd online season and have had TEN injuries to players so far. Mostly 1 game absences, but sometimes 2 or 3, so it means you have to buy healing cards or rest the player for a few games.

Overall the game has no pace to it, it feels slow and awkward to play, the response time between pressing a button on the controller and the player responding is way too much of a delay. I've already figured out the best way to win in this game and it's lob passes or just pump balls over the top the dinosaur way of playing football. For those who like neat passing triangles and skills, the advocates of the beautiful game, forget it. Gone is the Barcelona Bayern Munich way of playing we're now resorted to the style of Wimbledon FC from the 1980's in order to get any success at all.

A huge let down from EA Sports. This could, in essence, have been a 100mb game update from FIFA 13 but as a stand alone product for £40, it's a shocking poor effort and terrible value for money.
  93. Oct 9, 2013
    This FIFA is a huge downgrade from previous FIFAS!!! horrible gameplay,defending system is completely broken...defenders randomly move up and strikers have free 1 on 1 situations over and over again...the corners are ext. overpowered,95% of the times you will either get scored on or you will score IF YOUR TAKING them...the ref randomly gives penaltys without you even touching anyone.This FIFA is a huge downgrade from previous FIFAS!!! horrible gameplay,defending system is completely broken...defenders randomly move up and strikers have free 1 on 1 situations over and over again...the corners are ext. overpowered,95% of the times you will either get scored on or you will score IF YOUR TAKING them...the ref randomly gives penaltys without you even touching anyone.

Since 2009 this FIFA has to be the worse fifa game I've ever owned,whatever they hype up in the trailer and crap is all b**lsh*t!!! Players 5'5 will overpower defenders with a height of 6-2 6-3 and will actually score headers!!!ONLINE SEASONS mode 90% of the times the first match is going to be a RAINY WEATHER,and if you quit you lose the game,and dont even talk about the PACE AND STRENGTH system...if your a player like Messi you will just get overpowered and man handeled by a random scrub player,JUST BECAUSE the player is taller lollll,complete joke!whoever made this game doesn't even watch a real football game I guess...your online opponents will just abuse you with REAL MADRID & they'll just run a straight line with C.RONALDO & G.Bale, & you can't even do anything about it....if you manage to defend against them it wont work,you know why?because the players WILL GO RIGHT THROUGHHHH YOU!!! like a damn ghost!!! this game is very un-natural & fake...pick it up and play it yourself and you will know what I'm talking about....

Basically they just made this game for noobs,its a very noob friendly game,and It doesn't matter if your a DIV1 player or 10,they will get lucky and beat you somehow,very unpredictable and lame game!
  94. Dec 8, 2013
    Do Not Buy Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy
  95. Sep 27, 2013
    Still the same thing. FOOTBALL.... Same thing as any other Fifa game, oh yes graphics look about 0.1% better. I still cannot belive people like these type of games
  96. Oct 2, 2013
    I am not really concerned about the content of a game. Not a lot have changed since FIFA 13 so I don't think it has any sense to say anything about graphics, sound, gameplay or anything like that. What makes me annoyed about FIFA as it is presented today is that I am forced to pay for same game every year just to play online. It's like EA said "Hey people, let's release same game everyI am not really concerned about the content of a game. Not a lot have changed since FIFA 13 so I don't think it has any sense to say anything about graphics, sound, gameplay or anything like that. What makes me annoyed about FIFA as it is presented today is that I am forced to pay for same game every year just to play online. It's like EA said "Hey people, let's release same game every year and close all servers of the predecessor. Gamers will feed us forever" Expand
  97. Nov 29, 2013
    FIFA 14 is the worst FIFA of the franchise,the headed goals overpowered transform the game in a garbage, this game was the biggest crash EA has already made, undoubtedly.
  98. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fifa will never be played in this house.... lads. Pes is bad this year but this is worse. Probably. So yeah have to type at least 150 characters ya ya ya ya mmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhehehehe Expand
  99. Oct 8, 2013
    Not good enough, simple as that. So many flaws in the game and they take your money so you can use the coins to buy a good team, and EA handicap you when you play a worse team. Just a scam if you ask me.
  100. Oct 14, 2013
    I have to agree with the majority of the reviewers here. I don't think this is an improvement over their previous games. The gameplay could be much better than this.

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    The best simulation of football, but only slightly better than its predecessor. If you’re planning to buy a new console I recommend waiting for the next-gen Fifa 14. [12/2013, p.48]
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    FIFA 14 is a well done game and should keep fans interested for another season.
  3. games(TM)