4.2

1. May 6, 2015
    The best FIFA ever I've been playing FIFA since FIFA12 and I think I can say much better than any other soccer game I have played in my life. I'll give you a list of best football games to play on PS3:
    1.FIFA 14
    2.PES 15
    3 FIFA 12
  2. Mar 24, 2015
    This is not a fun game to play. Online games are perhaps the only way to play this game where all players are equal. As for playing a game against the ai the first thing I noticed is 1, Your defenders are total no brainers, they simply cannot defend worth a damn. All at sea for crosses, and corners, over the top through balls also leaves my back 4 flat footed. Simply put I feel my line upThis is not a fun game to play. Online games are perhaps the only way to play this game where all players are equal. As for playing a game against the ai the first thing I noticed is 1, Your defenders are total no brainers, they simply cannot defend worth a damn. All at sea for crosses, and corners, over the top through balls also leaves my back 4 flat footed. Simply put I feel my line up consists of 1-3 2. In attack the ai defenders are still masters at one touch tackles. Or perhaps I am just not good enough to play this anymore. I have playing for hours to try and get a result against Inter Milan playing as Rosenborg. In the end I had to mess with cpu ratings, drop down to amateur and play it slow. The result 4-4. Bring back FIFA 10 I used to win games on that edition. I think I will play golf in the future. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2015
    I wouldn't recommend this game unless you haven't played a football game in years. The gameplay isn't improved enough compared to FIFA 13, and there isn't enough new content when compared to FIFA 13.
  4. Dec 21, 2014
    FIFA 14 replaces the quick pacing of its previous installments with slow, heavier gameplay which extinguishes the excitement and fun of the franchise.
  5. Dec 4, 2014
    MESSI! A sound step up from FIFA 13; new tricks, skills, soundtrack as well as an awesome career mode. You can definitely tell the difference between playing Bayern Munich and Atletic Bilbao. The combination of passing, shimmies, flicks and dummies adds to an already comprehensive sense of realism. The goalkeeping walls are increasingly harder to breech, as the developers have introducedMESSI! A sound step up from FIFA 13; new tricks, skills, soundtrack as well as an awesome career mode. You can definitely tell the difference between playing Bayern Munich and Atletic Bilbao. The combination of passing, shimmies, flicks and dummies adds to an already comprehensive sense of realism. The goalkeeping walls are increasingly harder to breech, as the developers have introduced an array of chips, deft shots, headers, overhead kicks and speedy dribbling to counter this.
    On the downside-corners are relatively easy to score from, passes still feel a little awkward when running at speed, some of the fouls are a little soft and the career mode takes a while to load.
    Aside from those things, well worth splashing the cash for. Vamos Barca!
  6. Nov 30, 2014
    Almost perfect game for football lovers

Almost perfect game for football lovers

I love football, of cause both playing and watching. Do you think there are only two ways to enjoy football? I will indicate the new way to enjoy it...video games. Nowadays, we have too many choices of them, so I recommend you the best choice of them. This is called "FIFA14". It is played all over the world, and I like you to know it is the best game to enjoy football.

FIFA14 released in 2013, it can play PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows. It is releasing in October to November of every year, and sold about 10 millions all over the world. From this number, you will notice the popularity of FIFA series. I absolutely like them, so I have to go to video game shop at every autumn.

The biggest advantage of FIFA series is a variation of "REAL" teams, leagues, and players. You may notice from the name of it, EA(a company of produce FIFA series) has an only license from FIFA(Federation Internationale de Football Association). Therefore, you can use real names of players, teams, leagues, and surprisingly, involved stadiums, directors, and referees. We can enjoy the game with real things. "Reality" may be one of the largest reason of popularity of them.

As I said, FIFA series released every year. Some of you think we do not need to buy every year. It is normal to think so, but they are upgrading every time with amazing features. A case of FIFA14, the biggest attraction is "Online play". It can connect to the Internet, and we can battle with the players around the world. In an amazing mode called "Ultimate Team", we can choose our favorite players, make our own team, and play games at the Online. Actually I play this mode many times, it must not make me bored because it can battle with different players every time unless nobody plays FIFA14.

However, Online mode has two confusing problems. First, annoying players in online community. We can enjoy the game with players all over the world, but there are annoying players whose only purpose is making people uncomfortable. I met them many times, it was really irritating. Next FIFA must think about this problem. Second, so long loading time. I felt the longest time of loading at the online mode of FIFA14. You may think this is a little problem, but it can be big one. If you try to wait every loading time, you will got many stress, and tired. Irascible people, please be careful.

Throughout it has a few problems, it must be the first choice of many football video game. I bought it last year, but I can enjoy it by now. All football lovers, shall we open the new world of football?
  7. Oct 23, 2014
    FIFA 14 is the most realistic FIFA yet. The commentary is incredible. It even mentions previous results. At first defending is a hard task with multiple skill moves unleashed against you, but with practice you can keep clean sheets but I would say FIFA 14 is attack biased. The attack is slick and precise. A brilliant game
  8. Oct 3, 2014
    This game could be great if they fixed a few issues.

Issue#1 - SCRIPTING....stop it!! If every FIFA14 gamer tallied up how many times they've allowed a goal in the 45th & 90th minute, the list would never end. Issue#2 - goalie bugs. Goalie will run out on his own without me pressing the triangle button. It's very irritating. Please fix in the next edition. Issue#3 - Highlight
    This game could be great if they fixed a few issues.

Issue#3 - Highlight packages and people that WATCH THEM - why do I have to be forced to watch every highlight because my opponent won't skip them? Introductions, half-time, off-sides, fouls, goals, etc. It's incredibly irritating. Then the opponent will use all THREE of their pauses in the game just to piss you off further. Please reduce the amount of pauses in a game to ONE and allow me to skip highlights. I don't care if the opponent wants to watch them.

Issue#4 - Laggers. Theres nothing worse than playing a cup match and your opponent lags to the point you can't make proper plays. I cannot quit the game or I get the loss. Can you come up with a system so that if a game is incredibly laggy, ea stops the game so neither opponent gets the win/loss? If not, at least bring back the mutual quit option (can't remember what its called).

Other than that, its a VERY FUN GAME. I love the pace and the AI response to my set plays. They're almost always where I want them to be. The players feel more fluid and not as stiff like in previous fifas. Well done, EA. Looking forward to the next edition.
  9. Sep 20, 2014
    It's a very good game like the FIFA of before!!!! Just that the player could be more heavy in the play to do more realistic!! I think the FIFA 15 will be much better and the more realistic possible!!!
  10. Sep 14, 2014
    The thing about Fifa is that they change nothing and they make you buy it just because it has a bigger number on it. You could buy Fifa 06 for 5 bucks and you will see it is the exact same thing. Trust me DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!
  11. Sep 13, 2014
    I really do not understand why FIFA get's high reviews, is it because it's the only worthwhile football game on the market? Magazines and sites post compareable ratings to games that go on to win awards and golden joysticks which I must say is incredibly irresponsible of them when customers buy their publications to read their reviews.

Firstly I'll cover the cons of FIFA and I'm sad to

Firstly I'll cover the cons of FIFA and I'm sad to say that this list is longer than the pros.

- Pacing and Crossing Mechanics
    Simply... crossing and heading/volleying is far to easy, you can take apart the highest difficulty of opponent by multiple goals if you can break and cross to your strikers. It doesn't matter so much about the defender's AI (though it can help) it's just the fact that headers go in most of the time even when they are close to the keeper and would be realistically saveable.

-Bugs and Freezes and Career Mode woes
    One of my favourite modes has always been Career Mode and it's sad to see that FIFA (perhaps deliberately) are letting it stale. I really don't care about Ultimate Team, I'd much rather play as my favourite League Two team and get promoted all the way to the heights of the Premier League.

Firstly is the ridiculous retire rate of players which quite frankly can wreck teams when one of your best players decides to quit at the age of 29. As an example I bought Marvin Emnes when my team were promoted to the Championship and he retired a season later at 29... realistic no? XD

The game freezes in Career, moreso than in other modes which can be a pain when it does it before an autosave.

-EA Server Instability
    Just annoying to be honest, even to a point that I had to change passwords in order to access FIFA online (whilst every other game I had still worked). The EA Football Club also decides it randomly wants to disconnect when every other online game I play is fine.

-EA Support/Community
    They are well known for being terrible and with FIFA it seems the case once again with countless problems being ignored on the forums and I know a few frustrated customers who are swearing off buying another FIFA game on this gen of console.

Pros

Gameplay -
    Under the bugs there is a competent football game which is enjoyable to play especially in parties of friends. The pacing and movement is better than 13 with improvements to the defensive controls which were irritating on 13 for me personally.

Besides the easy crosses most other aspects seem to be well balanced with the ability to be able to take on players and play to the touchline (something you could do on PES with great ease for many years until FIFA noticed how clunky their control was).

On balance this review is based on measuring FIFA against other franchises and companies sports games and many, many, many offer much more depth and less buggy problems. EA have a real winner in FIFA once they repair the rips and iron out the creases. However you need to look towards more recent previous instalments or the next gen consoles for a better game than this one.
  12. Sep 10, 2014
    Well pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer pro evolution soccer
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    Fifa is a joke, EA sports aren't even trying anymore. It is just fifa ultimate team with something on the side. I used to love career mode in fifa, but now it is just there so that they can say it is there, nothing you do has any influence outside the pitch. the team sheets (rosters) does not fit the real world. özil was in madrid fellaini was in everton (there are more), hell not even allFifa is a joke, EA sports aren't even trying anymore. It is just fifa ultimate team with something on the side. I used to love career mode in fifa, but now it is just there so that they can say it is there, nothing you do has any influence outside the pitch. the team sheets (rosters) does not fit the real world. özil was in madrid fellaini was in everton (there are more), hell not even all of the kits are there, they just made some up in some of the same colors (chile's national team's kits)
    the gameplay is terrible, no realism at all, no tactical influence, dribble and shoot that is it, you can change the tactics, but all you really control is the player with the ball.
    (the menu is extremely slow)
    the game needs realism, tactics, and effort, but right now it has nothing, and to be honest the only reason to buy this game is FUT (Fifa Ultimate Team) which also is lazy.
  14. Aug 9, 2014
    Scripted/Handicapped garbage with terrible servers, all EA care about are people who spend real money on packs thinking better players will make there squad better when in reality your bronze team is better than ronaldo ibrahimovic messi etc because its handicapped to help noobs have a chance
  15. Aug 6, 2014
    This game isn't the best of the series, but fun and nice to play. The modes are realistic, players trading and managing the clubs is interesting .
    The gameplay isn't easy but it is cool you should buy this game.
  16. Jul 23, 2014
    I just bought the Fifa14 game and seriously wish I had read these reviews before doing so. This Fifa game is the worst of all. It is so clunky and disjointed. The screens are terribly slow to load, navigating is ridiculous.

Come to game play and the only real word to describe it is horrible. Every second kick is offside. in one game, I had 11 offsides, while the CPU had 5 offsides itself. I'm serious, offside from a goal kick? Off side from a free kick, EA, do you actually know the rules of football? Offside if the player gets involved, not if he's over the other side of the pitch. are you serious? In the same game, the CPU must have some boot on him, 3 times he kicked it out for a goal kick, from his own goal kick, like wtf?

Also, would have thought with the commentary, that you would know the names of teams and players by now, after 21 years of producing a football game, after all, they're built into your game. Commentators talk about "the team who won" etc, without saying the name of the team, same with "the player who scored deserved to score" again, use his name!!

I find it astonishing that EA Sport have gone so far backwards with their gaming. Fifa 14 is without doubt the worst game to play or navigate. There is no way I will purchase Fifa 15, it would need a complete, start from scratch rebuild. I thought Fifa 12 was average, compared to Fifa 8 & 9, but my god, Fifa 14 is an absolute bomb. I want my money back!!
  17. Jul 16, 2014
    A game with such a high prize tag on it, plus a in game payment feature, you expect that you actually feel some kind of achievement by playing this game. Though, most of the time, you feel the controls are unresponsive, your players will make unlogical passes that aren't based on your controls, they will stutter step in situations where it doesn't make sense to do this, the over the topA game with such a high prize tag on it, plus a in game payment feature, you expect that you actually feel some kind of achievement by playing this game. Though, most of the time, you feel the controls are unresponsive, your players will make unlogical passes that aren't based on your controls, they will stutter step in situations where it doesn't make sense to do this, the over the top through balls will leave your defenses unresponsive for a few seconds, if your opponent passes you will change players, even though you just picked a player to intercept a possible pass, the AI will somtimes chose a plater for you that won't have the slightest chance to defend a header or get to the ball, while it other times wont let you change players when a through ball is more suited a player THAT IS CLOSER.
    All in all I'm SO dissapointed in the amount of effort that has been put into this game to make it feel like a arcade game more than a real life simulation.
    EA - With the amount of money you are harvesting from this, I'm amazed that your biggest concern is the way the ball rolls, when such a high amount of your community cries for you to fix things as this.
    Even though I enjoy playing football, this will be the last FIFA game i'm going to buy or own.
  18. Jul 1, 2014
    Same old same old for me, yes the game looks great and seems fluid but I don't feel very in control. There seems to be a delay from me pressing a button to something actually happening, this seems to be done for the sake of making it look fluid rather than making it have fun gameplay. I liked the ultimate-team thing but it sometimes felt as if the computer had already decided who was goingSame old same old for me, yes the game looks great and seems fluid but I don't feel very in control. There seems to be a delay from me pressing a button to something actually happening, this seems to be done for the sake of making it look fluid rather than making it have fun gameplay. I liked the ultimate-team thing but it sometimes felt as if the computer had already decided who was going to win before the match started which meant it got very frustrating and I stopped playing after a short while. This is still good fun to play against friends but I maintain that no football game has ever beaten PES 6 on the gameplay front and this doesn't come close. Expand
  19. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off let me say these 0 -2 review s on here are crap and Wrong. They are very misleading to people who look up games before they purchase or rent them. I own FIFA 12 and have played quite a few of them since 2000s. I recently heard about how good PES 144 was to some people saying it was realistic and after playing PES 14 I had a very hard time going back to FIFA 12. But PES was missing alot of licenses and kits and upgrading was annoying me. I thought about getting FIFA 14 but the reviews were just awful on here. Anyways oil got it for my birthday coming up from my wife and wow wtf is wrong with everybody it is brilliant. It is the most fun I've had in in a sports game ever. I love that it is more realistic. Have you guys even tried the pure shot where u can shoot a screaming longshot from way back to almost half field.. Hold down the RT or R2 key and rap right stick to set up shot ahead of u for space and wham its a middle. everything from graphics to gameplay is a much needed change and if u don't like this year and want a more arcade east game that babies can play then go back and play FIFA 12 while I enjoy having fun playing the master piece that is FIFA 14 its great on ps3 can't wait to play on ps4. I'm hooked playing on my days off and when I get hone from work. Best FIFA ever and best game I play the most and I own sports and skyrim tales of xillia watchdogs last of us etc. go but now if u want something different than the other FIFA games. Its very fun and yes it takes awhile but once you learn I'm scoring the same or better than ever did on FIFA 12 13 or pes 2013 2014 Expand
  20. May 25, 2014
    FIFA is the biggest sports game in the world does it deserve to be where it is....? Yes, reason why is because of advertising and the fact that is one of two Football (Soccer) games in the world. The game can leave you feeling like you've had a good time or that its against you. If you play offline you can enjoy the many of games there are to offer such as Career mode or Be a pro, Its aFIFA is the biggest sports game in the world does it deserve to be where it is....? Yes, reason why is because of advertising and the fact that is one of two Football (Soccer) games in the world. The game can leave you feeling like you've had a good time or that its against you. If you play offline you can enjoy the many of games there are to offer such as Career mode or Be a pro, Its a nice way to relax after a hard day. There are difficultly levels that can be changed depending on the player so it gives everyone a chance to better themselves at the game, and it also makes you access the tactical part of your mind as you have to think fast on the pitch and smart of it.

The online is the most played area of the game, with Pro clubs, Head to Head and Ultimate Team. Pro clubs is very fun you can interact with as many as 11 friends, you can have a laugh or you can be competitive but everyone has a good time. Head to Head competitive only as you will be battling against other players trying to be the best team. Ultimate Team can be played in two ways offline or online, you can decide to spend money or not it doesn't make a difference. You win by being the better team and by things going in your favor, It's just like real football you don't win all the time. I'd give this game a 8/10 because there are problems with the game servers and also there are ways to improve the offline but, you can always have fun with friends.
  21. May 16, 2014
    This game is a waste of money and time, the gameplay is very bad, the players are so slow. EA has ruined FIFA. I recommend FIFA 13, is so much better.
  22. May 1, 2014
    This is the downfall of FIFA history! Thanks FIFA for trying to make it more realistic; YOU **** RUINED OUR FUN! I'm switching to PES! NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF **** You will regret it.
  23. Apr 26, 2014
    So relieved to see all the negative opinions about this title. I've been playing fifa on and off for many years on the ps4 one, ps2, ps3. Psp -even the Nokia N-Gage - if anyone remember that! I just got the ps4 and wanted a copy for the new gen. Now I'm not a genius at fifa, I play it fairly simply but suppose I'm average at it, but this game I cannot get on with at all. The player one aiSo relieved to see all the negative opinions about this title. I've been playing fifa on and off for many years on the ps4 one, ps2, ps3. Psp -even the Nokia N-Gage - if anyone remember that! I just got the ps4 and wanted a copy for the new gen. Now I'm not a genius at fifa, I play it fairly simply but suppose I'm average at it, but this game I cannot get on with at all. The player one ai v cpu is dreadful, the game seems unbalanced with a bias towards the cpu, the passing is poor, basically everything about it is just really hard work and boring. I know EA claim realism is key but there's honestly no fun to be had in this. It's excruciatingly dull and very, very frustrating. Protracted matches v cpu on ultimate team are ground out to 1-0 affairs on any difficulty setting above semi pro. I've tried and tried to get on with it and assumed it was just me being garbage at it but I'm clearly not the only one. It's a shame, there's loads they have added to improve it over the years but the grave gradually whittled away at the excitement of this game leaving a very dreary experience. If I was playing versus mates all the time it wouldn't matter but I'm not so I have to play cpu or against kids online and that does my head in. I think the fact that Alan Smith provides commentary sums it all up. Expand
  24. Apr 9, 2014
    EA have become so unfocused with the franchise. They focus way to much on ultimate team which I don't play because content wise its become very repetitive and not very fun. The same goes for the Career modes because once you learn the trends its a cake walk. Also who ever coded the game play should not have let this product out the door. There are many glitches that ruin games (PlayersEA have become so unfocused with the franchise. They focus way to much on ultimate team which I don't play because content wise its become very repetitive and not very fun. The same goes for the Career modes because once you learn the trends its a cake walk. Also who ever coded the game play should not have let this product out the door. There are many glitches that ruin games (Players going invisible, sound glitches, unrealistic physics, and players standing around when the ball is right next to them). Many of the games customizing features (Madden 09 still has the best in my opinion) don't work. Chants and customs songs often don't work in games and cause the game to crash. Its very common that Away team chants are played more than often. Updating your rosters with created players complete ruins the team they were on making you reset all the squads, deleting the player and re updating. which reminds me very often during updates they are often a month or 2 behind, and players get put on the wrong teams. Lastly the career mode form swings are awful. its fun when your team is in good form but if one player gets in bad form and it spreads to your captain your screed for a month or 2 unless you buy a new in form captain. don't bother playing the games when your in bad form because it will just frustrate you and you'll still lose. then you'll be like me and play the same game 5 times before finally giving up. Lang story short the EA Fifa franchise has to start from the ground up if they want there negative image to change. Small changes like we've seen year to year recently just haven't done it and have actually regressed the game. Expand
  25. Mar 19, 2014
    I don't have much bad to say about the game engine compared to all the other reviews, overall I enjoy the new engine and the game play it forces you to adapt (More controlled build up going from defense to attack and so on).

However, what I can't stand with this title is everything around the game play, such as... - Extremely slow menu's. Everything you do outside of actually playing

- Extremely slow menu's. Everything you do outside of actually playing games is sluggish and slow.
    - Market functions being completely broke on Ultimate Team. (I.e. search functions not working at all)
    - The supremely unstable EA servers. You wonder at times how a company at this day and age can have such bad server infrastructure.

With the resources EA possess I am surprised how a AAA title can be so messed up this far from release.
  26. Mar 10, 2014
    Feels like outcome determined before I start. Sometimes the team works perfectly usually at beginning of season. When I get near to promotion the players act like they are drunk. I hit the post 15 times in 1 game with one on ones using finesse. The opponent got a lucky header cross and won 1-0 with my defender falling over in the box. So weird not sure why this always happens then start aFeels like outcome determined before I start. Sometimes the team works perfectly usually at beginning of season. When I get near to promotion the players act like they are drunk. I hit the post 15 times in 1 game with one on ones using finesse. The opponent got a lucky header cross and won 1-0 with my defender falling over in the box. So weird not sure why this always happens then start a new season and it seems to be ok again for a few games Expand
  27. Feb 17, 2014
    The interference with players attitudes and increasing the chances of trailing teams scoring at 45min and 90min surely causes a doubling effect as gamers can also become determined or demoralised at different points in play. The ease with which goals are scored by trailing teams at 45 min and 90 min looks to be an attempt to make games more interesting rather than fair competitions
  28. Feb 14, 2014
    Still no UEFA Champions Leagues and UEFA Europe League.
    Many Stadiums are missing inclusing "Estádio da Luz" in which the Champions League will be host.

The Rest if Fine, but please, next time bring UEFA to the game ;)
  29. Feb 14, 2014
    Have to say I have been extremely disappointed with FIFA 14. I was not the biggest fan of 13 and think this is a decent step backwards. Here are my main issues:
    -Heading: What a shambles. The attacking player has such an advantage, there is an inability to change player to the defender nearest the ball. If you have a tall powerful player in your team chances are you are going to be very well from corners.
    -Bobbles: It seems that making a clean tackle is a thing of the past. Every time there is any sort of contact (and that is in no way restricted to opposition players, it seems the players in your team enjoy taking break for some human dodgem cars) the ball will head off in any which way, depending on which team has the luck of EA in that match. Awful
    -Passing: I have no idea how it can be so much worse than previous games. The amount of times a pass goes behind the player aimed at is ridiculous, and first-time passes are a thing of the past. Stick to through balls, they are leathal!
    -Lagging: Pretty much every second online game will be ruined by lag. Nothing to do with online connection, just something terrible going on with the servers. A nightmare.
    In general it just seems that it is almost pre-determined who will win, and no matter how you play the result has already been settled. I have played FIFA for a long time, and think it will take a lot of serious improvements in the next game for me to even consider buying it.
  30. Feb 10, 2014
    in July 2013 i was one of those people who was really excited about fifa 14 and the hype about it's major improvements. Like a lot of people i pre-ordered the ultimate edition of the game. Little to my surprise this game was absolutely woeful. I have played fifa 13's ultimate team last year and although the amount of **** was high, that game was still enjoyable most of the time. Before thein July 2013 i was one of those people who was really excited about fifa 14 and the hype about it's major improvements. Like a lot of people i pre-ordered the ultimate edition of the game. Little to my surprise this game was absolutely woeful. I have played fifa 13's ultimate team last year and although the amount of **** was high, that game was still enjoyable most of the time. Before the game came out EA's producers boasted by how realistic fifa 14 is and how improved it is. We all know EA, a bunch of money whore liers who try to steal money of us. Fifa 14 is anything but a realistic game, especially when it comes to headers. IMO this is the worst thing and the most annoying thing about this game. Headers in this game are undeniably ridiculously over powered to the top. Every **** cross is a **** goal whether it is a player with 68 heading or whether it is a player with 90 heading. When a cross goes in you see your defenders sleeping or taking a coffee and when the ball approaches the attacker they suddenly realise and try the get it, but obviosly this fails.The worst thing about crosses is you try to stop the players from crossing but if they manage to cross they you are **** caused you can't really do anything about it. IMO crosses absolutely ruin the game for me. Another thin is the slow paced feel of fifa 14. Players move slower then my grandma who is 100 years old with a broken hip bone and arthritis in her knees. Dribbling is near impossible because of the extremely sluggish feel of the players. Sometimes it's like they are walking on clogs. Another thing is obviously the over powered over the top through balls. When a player gives an over the top chip through ball your defenders seem to not know what the **** they are doing. It's like they don't see the ball going over them and heading towards the attacker. Also some of the over the top through balls are impossible to pull of in real life football but on fifa everything is possible cause EA said it's so **** realistic -_-. Also i should not forget the high amount of rebound goals one concede. You can have a petr cech with 99 everything and still concede rebound goals .It's ridiculous because the parried balls magically fall onto the attacker's feet and all he has to do is tap it in.
    Overall i could right a **** book about this **** hole of a game. I am usually the type of guy who does not hate on games but this game did it for me a long time ago and i absolutely **** despise it. I hope fifa 15 is actually better and EA take the time to realise that fifa 14 is **** Thanks for reading :)
  31. Jan 29, 2014
    Whatever the developers and designers did to the character control in this game makes me want to pull my hair out. I have been looking forward to playing this after having Fifa 12 for some time and I am not impressed at all. Please redo game. Thank you.
  32. Jan 28, 2014
    fifa world cup 2010 was way better than this, this is slow,frustrating and plain not fun anymore,you have to be super precise in every pass and shot and,players are too slow,every attack looks the same, and people are abusing the lobbing pass to the middle constantly, the defending is also terrible, go play fifa world cup 2010 and see all the difference, this games used to be fun now isfifa world cup 2010 was way better than this, this is slow,frustrating and plain not fun anymore,you have to be super precise in every pass and shot and,players are too slow,every attack looks the same, and people are abusing the lobbing pass to the middle constantly, the defending is also terrible, go play fifa world cup 2010 and see all the difference, this games used to be fun now is soulless "realistic ", only the graphics are better than the latest versions Expand
  33. Jan 26, 2014
    ok listen , if u played PES6 or fifa 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 please please dont buy this game , its a pure garbage of bugs and glitches , its not a football game, the worse sport game in years .
  34. Jan 25, 2014
    Fifa 13 was fantastic. Fifa 14 is a disaster. They tried to put more real moves and just screwd-up a perfect game. All player are slow. The result of this? When you play online, you may see ridiculous amount of offsides because players take 2 seconds do react to your pass command.
  35. Jan 18, 2014
    When playing Fifa 14 all you wanna do is snap the disc and throw it right away. It is not only the worst soccer game ever made, it is also the worst sports game ever made. So buggy, slow and with the slowest reactions ever. Same every year. Nothing happens! EA Sports should NOT make Fifa anymore. They don't care about the actual gameplay, they ONLY care about making profits by using a lotWhen playing Fifa 14 all you wanna do is snap the disc and throw it right away. It is not only the worst soccer game ever made, it is also the worst sports game ever made. So buggy, slow and with the slowest reactions ever. Same every year. Nothing happens! EA Sports should NOT make Fifa anymore. They don't care about the actual gameplay, they ONLY care about making profits by using a lot of Money on marketing etc. So poor! I know a lot of Fifa gamers that feel the same. Expand
  36. Jan 15, 2014
    As disappointed as one can be with the FIFA franchise. I already had my issues with FIFA13 and how little fun I had with it...never thought FIFA14 would be worse. Just as many other reviewers, I created my account just to express my frustration with this football game. I'm not going to expand on the countless issues FIFA14 has, I feel there's about 237 people clearly stating the issuesAs disappointed as one can be with the FIFA franchise. I already had my issues with FIFA13 and how little fun I had with it...never thought FIFA14 would be worse. Just as many other reviewers, I created my account just to express my frustration with this football game. I'm not going to expand on the countless issues FIFA14 has, I feel there's about 237 people clearly stating the issues with the game. It's amazing what companies are willing to do for money and almost literally paying no attention to its loyal clientele willing to go out there year after year with circa €65 without counting all the extras everyone buys. This game made me nearly destroy my walls in anger and frustration, particularly ever since I went up to World Class where you can play a division 2 team that seems to be like Guardiola's Barcelona. Ridiculous. Never thought I'd give up on this game 2 months after buying it with at least 10 months until the new release. Big shame on EA sports. Expand
  37. Jan 12, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS **** GAME. worst soccer game ever. i cant even believe that the people who "tested" this stupid game even allowed it to be released.
    1.) goals are small making it impossible to score
    2.) your keeper blows theirs is a brick wall 3.) your own players that arent under control wander around mindlessly and wont help you or make a run 4.) u cannot make a pass to save your
    1.) goals are small making it impossible to score
    2.) your keeper blows theirs is a brick wall
    4.) u cannot make a pass to save your life
    5.) your own players will get in your way when you try to dribble/shoot
    6.) other teams defenders block every shot
    7.) players (on both teams) will run offsides 99% of the time and the ref will call a offside if your 1/10000000 of a millimeter offside
    8.) if your player gets fouled ref wont call it for you
    9.) ref calls everything against the players team
    10.) the difficulty setting will change whenever it wants making the opponents impossible to score on
    11.) you cannot dribble the ball worth a ****
    12.) you cannot shoot the ball worth a ****
    list goes on and on
  38. Jan 6, 2014
    By far one of the worst FIFA games I have ever played. It's too slow! even messi can't control a ball properly, just the AI can. once again you disappoint me EA.
  39. Jan 4, 2014
    Maybe they should just fix all the bugs that are in this game for over 3 years now instead of adding new stuff. Get rid of the annoying HANDICAP. They even deny the so called Handicap/scritping. You can't even post about it on their forums or they'll just ban you. It's annoying to first play a great game with great passing and the next game your players cant even pass 1 meter ahead or yourMaybe they should just fix all the bugs that are in this game for over 3 years now instead of adding new stuff. Get rid of the annoying HANDICAP. They even deny the so called Handicap/scritping. You can't even post about it on their forums or they'll just ban you. It's annoying to first play a great game with great passing and the next game your players cant even pass 1 meter ahead or your shots wont go in. Ball that bounces via the back of your defender against the keeper in the goal. All these stupid things make the game sh*t. Usually you would win if you'd play better but not in this game. You have to pray that the game is with you or you'll get a frustrating match and won't win. Expand
  40. Jan 4, 2014
    it is not the FPS games that lead to mass shootings but this game with the frustration it creates it literally made at least half the people that play this game throw their controller with anger
  41. Dec 31, 2013
    I dont get people who buy a FIFA game every goddamn year!! Its the samee thing I dont care if the graphics are sliightly better, or if some physics are changed, or some new players added! That can just be added through a DLC. This franchise makes billions selling a new game every year barely changing anything by preying on idiot football fan gamers! People please use your brains and stopI dont get people who buy a FIFA game every goddamn year!! Its the samee thing I dont care if the graphics are sliightly better, or if some physics are changed, or some new players added! That can just be added through a DLC. This franchise makes billions selling a new game every year barely changing anything by preying on idiot football fan gamers! People please use your brains and stop wasting your or your parents money! GOD! Expand
  42. Dec 29, 2013
    I really don't know where to start. after a few months now, I love the game but hate this game. so many little things make the game good(licensed teams, new shooting mechanics, new scouting system for career) but then there's those things that drive u mad. players standing as the ball goes past them., ur players turn like tanks while the computer turns like messi. this is more of an reviewI really don't know where to start. after a few months now, I love the game but hate this game. so many little things make the game good(licensed teams, new shooting mechanics, new scouting system for career) but then there's those things that drive u mad. players standing as the ball goes past them., ur players turn like tanks while the computer turns like messi. this is more of an review of career mode and I tell u now. u have moments of absolute joy(scoring a winner, winning with Newport county against Manchester city in the capital one cup final) and then all those bitty and frustrating moments of players falling over, not marking when if they had intelligence they would, making a tackle but some how the ball finds them again. it kills me to say it but this game sucks. how can play if you are not able to control a game then why should I play it. almost forget auto selecting is worse. selects a guy no where near the opponent. really ea. if they fixed all those little problems then gg fifa but comn on. ur lucky this year as pes was just as bad but remember this. professional football players don't turn like tanks and look like there gonna collapse like a granny on crack. I do love this game but u have to be patient and not have a temper because I go fakking mental like I do watching my real life team. U have good moments that make u come back for me and then moments that make want to never ever play this game again just like my team. some games they win and some they lose but Christ almighty this game is MAD AS HELL. gg ea. Expand
  43. Dec 28, 2013
    Awful, awful game...shallow experience. You only need two buttons to be effective (long ball spamming and shoot). And that's it. A footy game this ain't, designed for casual gamers who know next to nothing about the beautiful sport.
  44. Dec 24, 2013
    Terrible game. Clearly scripted and based toward making EA as much money as possible. Final nail in the coffin, last good fifa was 11. Won't be buying again
  45. Dec 24, 2013
    EA need to redesign some serious faults with Fifa 14.
    1) Learn offside rule once a player is past last defender a pass cannot be offside.
    2) handicap system is rubbish and punishes good players and makes poor sides look like Barca.
    3) Refs penalty making decisions are random

Overall poorer than FIFA 13, I would go for PES.
  46. Dec 23, 2013
    I was getting tired of Fifa after 13 but I thought I should just give it one more try due to the trailers and bloody misleading reviews and now I have this this frustrating game called Fifa 14. I'm just gonna keep it for my friends when they come to visit but as for me.....back to my mission games!

EA, like I noticed in the previous game are making the game too annoying and frustrating in their efforts to make it "more realistic". I mean, they go on bragging about how the game deliberately makes you miss a lot of goal chances so it'll frustrate you more...fun right? I enjoy missing goal chances a lot, thanks EA for making me realize that...DUMB ASSES! A game is a game and no matter how much we enjoy realism in games, we still want to have fun. That is why we play games, not because we want to get angry or frustrated. The best games are those that create a good balance between fun gameplay and realism. If any EA staff does see this, do yourselves a favor and make corrections in the next game before you begin to lose even more fans than you already lost.
  47. Dec 23, 2013
    t's a pretty bad product with halfhearted features and lazy gimmicks. You can see that this game, from top to bottom, has been designed and implemented to make most of the "ultimate team cash cow". It's definitely not the best game of the series, gameplay wise. The fact that it has received such a good critical acclaim just makes mockery of the concept of "critics". EA need to spend on PRt's a pretty bad product with halfhearted features and lazy gimmicks. You can see that this game, from top to bottom, has been designed and implemented to make most of the "ultimate team cash cow". It's definitely not the best game of the series, gameplay wise. The fact that it has received such a good critical acclaim just makes mockery of the concept of "critics". EA need to spend on PR at least half-as much as they do on marketing. They also need to hire proper product and software development teams for FIFA so that they can do away with disastrous decisions (e.g. getting rid of the tournament mode) and lazy programming (e.g. changing game physics instead of making players play better with increasing AI difficulty). Oh you know what, just surrender all those licenses to Rockstar already, they will do a stellar job with this. Such a waste because this really could have been -should have been a very good game. Expand
  48. Dec 23, 2013
    I've given up. Sure it is a quality package, with a lot of features I'll never use. But the game is just to frustrating. Worse than that it just doesn't give me any enjoyment. Used to be a division 1 player in fifa 13 and 12. Accepting a certain amount of frustration for the thrill of scoring a great goal. But not in this game. For the first time in years I'm considering stopping withI've given up. Sure it is a quality package, with a lot of features I'll never use. But the game is just to frustrating. Worse than that it just doesn't give me any enjoyment. Used to be a division 1 player in fifa 13 and 12. Accepting a certain amount of frustration for the thrill of scoring a great goal. But not in this game. For the first time in years I'm considering stopping with football games.

Ps, I'm no PES fanboy. Used to play before switching to fifa. Have also played the new PES, but has the same slow gameplay and is a budget title compared to fifa.
  49. Dec 22, 2013
    Revisiting the Fifa series I was pleasantly surprised by this installment. It's sort of like drinking Champagne that has annoying floaty bits of cork in it. There are some irritating bugs/flaws to the game but in the end IT IS Champagne.

I would say the depth of strategy on the team management side of the game is very shallow for the purest and some aspects are just clearly flawed and not finished and really in need of polishing. However it's intriguing enough to be addictive to the point where I just can't put it down!! In some respects the lack of depth in management side can be a refreshing change to the avid footie games fan as it allows for better fluidity and may even be considered as a plus to the casual gamer who doesn't want to be bogged down with all that tedious number crunching. Instead you'll be focus on playing those beautifully simulated matches.. which are about as close to the "real thing" as there is. The controls are a little iffy and take some mastering but become almost intuitive after awhile. Be AI isn't the complete stupidy it use to be in the previous installments (no blasting it in from the kick-off anymore) and is a challenge for awhile at least.

Overall a commendable effort and pretty decent game
  50. Dec 19, 2013
    As a seasoned Fifa player, I gave this game a chance and after playing several seasons, I've taken the game out of my Xbox and put it on the shelf. The gameplay is terrible for the following reasons:

-Players first touch: No matter who you play with, your player can't control any passes whatsoever regardless if the ball is passed directly to him with no weight or is a perfectly weighted pass into space

-EA consistently fails to grasp the concept of a through-ball. It's still unfathomable how poor the AI is when playing through balls in this game, where ground through ball are consistently played directly to an opposing defender. But it's gotten even worse this year due to the following reason:

-Officiating AI cannot distinguish passive offsides: I found this out, because I was frustrating with the through ball settings so I changed it to manual. On this setting I was able to play through ball to my liking and play through balls to a player making a run while another player was in a passive offside position, but the FIFA AI would automatically call it offside. This is where I pretty much threw the game in the trash

-Lack of AI on offense. Wingers will consistently start their runs off ball and run into offside positions before you can distribute the ball and you will end up with 5-10 unnecessary offsides a game

-Lack of Defensive AI and Auto switching: The auto switching has always been bad, especially after kickoffs, but the autoswitching in combination with your own defender never helping on D, makes this game completely unrealistic.

-Higher settings are ridiculous: Crappy teams like Augsburg are able to able to press like Barca, Dortmund and Bayern. While on offense, AI seems to be able to lob through balls over your defense at will.

-Game is scripted

-Short passing is underweighted and for some reason becomes inaccurate in the attacking 1/3. Every ball is played without enough weight making it extremely easy for the defense to steal. Makes playing the game on World Class or Legendary and even Professional not fun.

There are so many glaring flaws to the game play that it's simply unenjoyable. I was usually able to dominate on legendary by my 5th career season, but the game play is so poor playing it on Professional can be a challenge at times. The game is challenging, because the game play is utterly frustrating and unrealistic in that it's too slow.

At the end of the day, the game should fun and it absolutely isn't.
  51. Dec 17, 2013
    BAD, BAD, BAD!!! This FIFA is the worst i EVER played since 2000.... Whoever TESTED this crap of a game, needs to be kicked in hes face! How can you release this Oh wait its EA- Never mind. Goodbye.
  52. Dec 17, 2013
    craaap! This is by far the worst fifa ever made where game play is concerned. its hard to believe that this involved any effort to construct. A very frustrating game to play its almost like ur not even playing. Im curious to play it on ps4 then ill probably understand why this game on ps3 is so poor.. players move incredibly slow, positioning and movement is like under 10 kids.. wish i cancraaap! This is by far the worst fifa ever made where game play is concerned. its hard to believe that this involved any effort to construct. A very frustrating game to play its almost like ur not even playing. Im curious to play it on ps4 then ill probably understand why this game on ps3 is so poor.. players move incredibly slow, positioning and movement is like under 10 kids.. wish i can get my money back!! Expand
  53. Dec 15, 2013
    Scripting and randomness decide winners, more than skills and tactics! through balls and crosses (and corners) are too easy, direct play and good passes are too hard, because it is almost impossible to have more than 5 passes without one of your players miss-passes the ball or the receiver ignoring the ball or running to another direction! Scripting is sooooo obvious, you can tell if youScripting and randomness decide winners, more than skills and tactics! through balls and crosses (and corners) are too easy, direct play and good passes are too hard, because it is almost impossible to have more than 5 passes without one of your players miss-passes the ball or the receiver ignoring the ball or running to another direction! Scripting is sooooo obvious, you can tell if you are going to win or lose within the first 5 minutes of a game! Expand
  54. Dec 13, 2013
    Don't get what people are saying about it being the same as FIFA13!!
    FIFA14 Best soccer game to date!!!........more of a simulation than an arcade game
    Enough said
  55. Dec 8, 2013
    Do Not Buy Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy .Do Not Buy
  56. Dec 6, 2013
    This is by far THE WORSET FIFA. I've been playing the game since it was Winning Eleven on PS1. I buy Playstation just for football (soccer) games and i used to play alot but now this new FIFA 14 made me play way less. I switched from PES to FIFA in 2010 because i was amazed how the ball goes to the person i want with the way i want. But now I am actually considering switching back to PESThis is by far THE WORSET FIFA. I've been playing the game since it was Winning Eleven on PS1. I buy Playstation just for football (soccer) games and i used to play alot but now this new FIFA 14 made me play way less. I switched from PES to FIFA in 2010 because i was amazed how the ball goes to the person i want with the way i want. But now I am actually considering switching back to PES and try to make my friends do the same. EA went way way way too far of trying to make the game "realistic" but they really FAILD because:

1- The player takes forever to pass even after you press the pass button and the ball is next to his feet. There is nothing faster than the brain orders. When a player in real life wants to pass the ball, he/she will pass right away with whatever method (outside foot, inside foot... etc)

2- Pass accuracy is horrible compared to the time the player takes to pass. When a player in real life takes forever to pass the ball, he/she will make very good pass, and the opposite is true. But in FIFA 14, the player takes long time to pass the ball but yet makes a very wrong pass.

3- The player is extremely slow to turn around. I have no idea why EA thinks its super hard to just turn around while having the ball while standing. It really doesnt make any sense.

4- The marker always goes to the TOTALLY WRONG person when you manually switch it. I call this "unintelligent" game where the game has low user interface.

5- When you switch control to another player, the player shakes like he is having a HEART ATTACK. I dont understand why EA failed with interactions between players on the field

6- When making a long pass, the marker goes to the wrong player and when you switch it back to the player you want he gets a heart attack and you miss everything.

7- The ball passes around the player and the player doesnt move like the game is not his business. when you switch the control to him he will be very slow. In real life every single player runs to the ball. If a player just ignore the ball he will have some very hard time with the couch after the game

I hope EA improved the game in PS4 because otherwise am switching back to PES and will drag couple of friends with me.
  57. Dec 3, 2013
    Garbage, absolute garbage. To even call this game garbage is an understatement, I've never played a game that feels like it's been designed to frustrate at every opportunity it gets. Just playing a simple casual match generally ends with me irritated, because the gameplay is so mutilated.

For starters, the automatic player switching is beyond terrible, it's just so bad. It switches arbitrarily in the most godawful situations and is one of the leading causes of frustration. Switching to a player also causes him to stop, so when the opposition puts in a throughball and you switch to your centreback, it's not going to end well. Also, speaking of throughballs, the idiotic developers managed to break the game, by making lobbed throughballs insanely easy to pull off, making it ridiculously overpowered.

Should you decide to buy this garbage, let me give you some advice; if you don't exploit the lobbed throughballs in the online modes, you will be operating at a huge disadvantage. Someone like me, who likes to play a flexible gamestyle with a good mix of passing etc, has to play at around a 20-80% disadvantage, because the vast majority of players I come up against exploit the hell out of the lobbed throughball to the point where it becomes ridiculous.

This is by far the worst game I've ever played in my life. Sure, there are some games that are worse on a technical & graphical level, but considering the production values of this garbage the frustration factor, it's flat out unacceptable. Unless you're a hardcore masochist, STAY AWAY.
  58. Dec 2, 2013
    *Avoid* if you're intending to use the career mode.

*Avoid* if you're intending to use the career mode.

The last Fifa game I owned prior to this was Fifa 12 and I got many hours' enjoyment from the career (manager) mode. Inexplicably the UI of Fifa 14 manager mode has descended into a complete mess. Menus are extremely slow and clunky. Apparently there has already been a patch released to try and improve the running of this mode so, incredibly, it must have been even worse before. Team Management is at times genuinely painful, with swapping a player from the reserves into the team causing noticeable delay/lag.

A couple of things that irritate me:

1) Not one mixed or negative review from the 'critics' even though this game is clearly unfinished.

2) How can they allocate resources to get individual running style, football boot choice, or the haircut choice correct of hundreds of players and not bother to make one of the main modes of the game usable!?!
  59. Dec 2, 2013
    FIFA 14 is just disapointing.. It's so slow and so much buggs. You can't play a single game without being mad at something. FIFA 13 was great. Why not just make small improvement of that instead of making a whole new game that sucks..
  60. Dec 1, 2013
    Poor game…Greatly disappointed. EA Games just forget the concept that the realism of soccer cannot be translated by the console controller. Too much to do, too buggy. EA Games plan “the realism” so much that it’s not possible for the game to be enjoyable or even, fun. Poor attempt. Time for Pro Evolution Soccer I guess
  61. Dec 1, 2013
    Very Disappointing, I am not one for making a reviews but when I saw the critic reviews and the high scores they gave I felt compelled to write my own. I have been a Fifa fan since the days of Fifa International in 1993 and I have bought every edition since. I think EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they produced here. I have never seen so many bugs in Fifa game ever and not toVery Disappointing, I am not one for making a reviews but when I saw the critic reviews and the high scores they gave I felt compelled to write my own. I have been a Fifa fan since the days of Fifa International in 1993 and I have bought every edition since. I think EA Sports should be embarrassed by what they produced here. I have never seen so many bugs in Fifa game ever and not to mention the ugly menus and the freezes. I played two seasons in career mode to find my game save cannot load. Apparently it is a common problem with other gamers. I have put the game back into the box and written it off and I would take this opportunity to say to EA Sports that you have broken a very good game and I feel a bit short changed. I would challenge anyone in EA Sports who believes that this game signals progress. They have ruined it. Expand
  62. Nov 29, 2013
    FIFA 14 is the worst FIFA of the franchise,the headed goals overpowered transform the game in a garbage, this game was the biggest crash EA has already made, undoubtedly.
  63. Nov 28, 2013
    Absolute garbage. If you were disappointed with FIFA 13, then don't even bother to try this one. Nothing has changes. It is a game of pre-scripted show.
  64. Nov 28, 2013
  65. Nov 27, 2013
    brilliant football game the best to be precise the passing is realistic and retaining possession isnt a bore anymore like fifa 13 the passing is easier because your players who you are not controlling actually move into the right positions and the games more flowed than before the replays are like real replays the AI is also smarter and you can actually score headers
  66. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally i'm not that big a fan of FIFA but when it comes to football games there is no competition, this is easily the best on the market, and improves upon its predecessor with better graphics and more fluent controls. The problem though is that to make it more realistic the players are slower, skills are generally redundant and a simple sidestep is sufficient against most players,Personally i'm not that big a fan of FIFA but when it comes to football games there is no competition, this is easily the best on the market, and improves upon its predecessor with better graphics and more fluent controls. The problem though is that to make it more realistic the players are slower, skills are generally redundant and a simple sidestep is sufficient against most players, finally to score all you need to do is get near the box and tap it in with the basic shot as long as you move the analogue stick slightly away from the keeper, it'll go in. Expand
  67. Nov 24, 2013
    Last FIFA I will buy for a while. Just so little improvements that it doesn't make sense to buy a new FIFA every year. Just buy something else instead of this
  68. Nov 19, 2013
    As compare to next gen's console,Fifa 14 on current gen's,looks visually inferior and bit robotic(players).But nevetheless it's still the best football game of this year.
  69. Nov 16, 2013
    FIFA 14 requires absolutely no skills at all because every match is predetermined. It doesn't matter what formations and tactics you use because one side will always have an unfair advantage and the game will do everything in its power to ensure that team will win.

The only thing you have to do is just run along the sideline and cross the ball because it is impossible to defend against.

There is no point playing this awful and pathetic game. Everything about it is just crap. I am not over exaggerating, this game is awful.

EA should apologise for making a game this bad and expecting people to pay for it.
  70. Nov 15, 2013
    i like football very much but to be honest fifa this year is not good.... the headers are unstopable, the lob passes are unstobable.... altrought the gameplay is not so bad but the referees are dicks! 1000 ofsides and mostla are onside, fouls are inredible.... you just run into a player and its foul, you run with the ball and the AI players runs into you and its foul for the computer....i like football very much but to be honest fifa this year is not good.... the headers are unstopable, the lob passes are unstobable.... altrought the gameplay is not so bad but the referees are dicks! 1000 ofsides and mostla are onside, fouls are inredible.... you just run into a player and its foul, you run with the ball and the AI players runs into you and its foul for the computer.... and those 90 min. goals are a every 90 min. its a goal..... and the defenders..... are too fast.... i played with borussia vs arsenal and mertesacker is faster than aubameyang, reus, lewandowski itc. i just cant believe that this is possible.... martesacker is a slow player (no offense arsenal fans).... and there are players that are way too good.... ronaldo.... is fast like a lithning if you play versus him.... but if you play with him its a slow (in online games too)..... the only thing i can say to finish is....... bad game fifa..... very bad! sincerly a dissapointed football (and fifa..... but now im not soo much) fan Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2013
    The worst Fifa I have played since the PES dominance days, I have been playing Fifa from the beginning (Fifa 95) and this has got to be the most frustrating and idiotically designed game to come out of EA. They have taken out the best elements of Fifa 13/12 and added more terrible gameplay. The player selection is utterly shocking with switches consistently taking place at key momentsThe worst Fifa I have played since the PES dominance days, I have been playing Fifa from the beginning (Fifa 95) and this has got to be the most frustrating and idiotically designed game to come out of EA. They have taken out the best elements of Fifa 13/12 and added more terrible gameplay. The player selection is utterly shocking with switches consistently taking place at key moments which lead to lost chances or a conceded goal. The lob through pass is abused and makes it quite easy to score, the goalkeepers have become terrible and make amazing saves in some games and then frequently let in simple shots. Overall the single player mode is terrible but its ultimate team where Fifa really drop the ball, I've purchased around 20-30 packs and I have yet to get one decent player. This will be the last Fifa I will be purchasing and EA has done some serious damage to their reputation in my books. Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2013
    Wonder if I'll even get to the 150 characters, cuz there's not a whole lot to say about this game, just that there isn't any game I get bored with so quickly as this one. I keep trying to like it, but most of the times somewhere in the first half of the match (approx after 2 minutes) I get so bored with the game I just turn it off again..... Seriously not worth buying.
  73. Nov 14, 2013
    The new FIFA is the best game in the whole series.
    At first, I start with the graphics. Player faces are amazing, even players from Polish League look pretty the same as in real life! The pitches are very well designed. The crowd is now great! They look a lot of better than in 13, You can even see the details of their body!
    Secondary, Career modes. I always see details in these. In 13,
    The new FIFA is the best game in the whole series.
    Secondary, Career modes. I always see details in these. In 13, there were a lot of mistakes in transfer market and as a player the teammates were egoists, the didn't pass the ball unless I pressed 'x' it not always worked too. In 14 these bugs have been fixed.
    Next Ultimate Team. IT IS AMAZING!!! And it's enough about it.
    So the new FIFA is great. I can't understand all the haters, who haven't played the game but they know that it's bad. You have to play this game!
  74. Nov 13, 2013
    To put it simply, Fifa 14 is great. It's a definite step-up from Fifa 13 and everything that went wrong with that.

The career mode is basically the same concept, although it''s now moved onto focusing attention on gathering new players from the youth academy rather than playing a couple of matched and suddenly having enough money to buy Messi or Ronaldo. It gives a fair amount of cash to whichever team you decide to start as. If you choose to play as a Manager, the game rewards you for playing tough matches by handing out cash, introducing you to tournaments and calling you up to manage at an international level, which is what has been done in the previous games. Fifa 14 career mode, for the most part, remains the same. EA has altered the features players previously complained about and made them better, and the career harder.

Ultimate Team has been thoroughly improved, and beats all the previous versions by a long shot. EA seems to of finally taken in the communities opinion and put it all into their game. Being able to search for players by name, adding the all new chemistry styles, and completely getting rid of specific formations for players is a fantastic step in the right direction. Instead of opening packs, getting a great player and having to alter my whole team to fit around him and his formation, I can instead place him right in wherever I choose and not have to worry about ill-fitted formations. The new menu for the game, Ultimate Team specifically, is great and simple.

With an updated engine comes updated failures, sadly. Taking a corner is supposed to be challenging, but somehow even the worst of jumpers and header'ers can reach upto the ball and smash it in with great force, beating the keeper every single time. On the bright side, free kicks have been significantly improved with changes to kick types, aiming and power. The new movement of players is great, and provides a realistic experience to the game, whereas previous games felt very arcade-esque. Players now being able to make realistic runs and receive the ball without stepping over it and somehow kicking it backwards is great, and definitely makes this game fantastic.
  75. Nov 9, 2013
    cant be nothing more then a 3 star rating think im beening fair with that
    reason 3
    1. mult player completely destroyed fifa 12 has more people playing pro players no joke - 2. skill moves killed wtf no longer L2 to perform skill moves just analog stick so forgot pace thats also **** 3 PACE MURDERED WTF Ea people with 20 pace keep up and overtake people with 90+ pace pace has
    cant be nothing more then a 3 star rating think im beening fair with that
    reason 3
    3 PACE MURDERED WTF Ea people with 20 pace keep up and overtake people with 90+ pace pace has always been fifa thats not gone
    ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY PLUS SIDE is offline gets boring
  76. Nov 6, 2013
    What used to be a fun experience with fluid attacking and execution of real-time strategy has now turned into a slowed down, irritating experience..

This has been the most disappointing FIFA version ever. I honestly don't understand how the critics posted an 8.5/10 as they must of been paid or have never been a true fifa player. Anyone whos been following the series since fifa 10

Anyone whos been following the series since fifa 10 knows that this game is a step back. In a number of swift moves, EA have taken the "fun" out of FIFA. Let me explain:

I understand that fifa 13 attackers may have been too pacey, but fifa 14 attackers all feel like slow grannys. Wheres acceleration off the mark gone? The only thing you need to do is compare the speed of messi with the ball and jageika (everton defender) in a foot race across the pitch and you'll see that jageika wins every single time. Seriously? test it again with robben, ronaldo, neymar, bale and the same thing happens. Realism according to EA?

Okay, perhaps reining in speed isnt that bad.. According to EA, they are trying to make the game more "possession based vs pace" which is fair enough. If EA just stopped there, it would have been fine...
    BUT the list goes on...
    the terrible player glitches....ball control, heading is overpowered, defender being completely oblivious to an open balls. goalies have never been more stupid... There's not even goal line technology... Scored a long shot with ronaldo, and the ball bounced out (no goal).

The biggest point: Ball control is the ever. The amount of times I watched a player lose the ball and say "are you serious... I can control the ball better than that" ....and to be honest I'm a pretty poor football player.
    How the hell can you play possession football if no-one can control the ball properly without it bouncing 10 yards away? Has anyone at EA ever seen a good footballer? Do they just assume noone knows how to stop a ball and keep it between their feet?

And atleast once a game a regular pass of the ball to another teammate results in the ball just bouncing off the back of his foot. Or it rolls through his legs. And the receiver just looks at the ball.... Doesn't even try to recover it... Are you serious EA.

In my opinion I feel that my review is in no way harsh. I honestly feel cheated by EA by this pile of trash they created this year. Its pretty obvious they didn't even complete testing or development for this version of FIFA. They just... threw it out there and knew we would buy it... f'ing cheated. For this reason I will strongly consider the next version of PES.

FIX THIS GAME. Everyone I know hates it.
  77. Nov 6, 2013
    FIFA 12, 13... FIFA 14. This game is garbage. EA have absolutely sucked all the fun out of the series. I recommend buying fifa 13. Don't waste your time or your money on this game.
  78. Nov 6, 2013
    Same crap every year. Really terrible, pointless game. Not only fifa 14 but all fifa games are piles of massive crap................................
  79. Nov 4, 2013
    fifa 14 is the worst game ever.. Just imagine I was playing online with a friend and made 17 shots on target with just a goal smh. I do not know why the players are too slow in running and turning around to take balls from rebounds in the 18.. First touches are too horrible.. This is a big downgrade of fifa14.. I like fifa08 and 11 better
  80. Nov 4, 2013
    As most people already said in other reviews this game is scripted. It is a shame. You cannot even control your players anymore when EA decides it's time for you to lose. The players move like they are on an ice rink and they do not respond to your commands. EA should be sent to court for stealing people's money like this. Playing this game will just make you angry and frustrated as youAs most people already said in other reviews this game is scripted. It is a shame. You cannot even control your players anymore when EA decides it's time for you to lose. The players move like they are on an ice rink and they do not respond to your commands. EA should be sent to court for stealing people's money like this. Playing this game will just make you angry and frustrated as you win a game easily 5-0 and lose the next one 6-0 because the script decides you cannot control your players anymore. So irritating. Expand
  81. Nov 4, 2013
    First two weeks of playing FIFA14, I was in the red. Moved into yellow the next few weeks. Now, I absolutely love it. The thing with this game is it delivers in many areas. The game play, which is the most important for any game, is much better. I detest the change of skill move control to the right stick though. The knock on was much better. But again, the new contain feature hit theFirst two weeks of playing FIFA14, I was in the red. Moved into yellow the next few weeks. Now, I absolutely love it. The thing with this game is it delivers in many areas. The game play, which is the most important for any game, is much better. I detest the change of skill move control to the right stick though. The knock on was much better. But again, the new contain feature hit the bullseye for me.
    FIFA 14 is the most realistic of the whole lot. It's not a significant upgrade over FIFA13 but it's not 13.1 either. It has enough to get you to notice it. The Manager mode is neat. UT (which I don't play much) has received some useful updates too, my favourite being the new player search.
    However, the worst thing about the game is the EA Server system. The fun you will inevitably have playing online is wiped out right away by the pathetic/unreliable EA servers which can fail you at any point of time. They are so bad that EA should start shipping 2 complimentary controllers with each FIFA copy because you will are extremely likely to smash your controllers to pieces.
    Now to all those giving the game 0 and 1 star rating, I'd genuinely like to read what you expect from the game. If it's more realism, you are better off taking to the field.
  82. Nov 2, 2013
    Worst fifa ever with worst momentum so far. So many bugs in game and in the menus that i lost count. Orrible soundtrack either. I hit crossbar at least two times for match, very realistic indeed.
  83. Nov 1, 2013
    I echo the sentiments of the poster who said that somewhere under here is a good game struggling to reveal itself.

Quickly, 3 things that prevent you from enjoying the game: refs giving fouls and pens against you way more than is normal; constant offsides in FUT, some utter nonsense, and finally, the way that the computer's players are so much more nimble, accurate and generally less prone to messing up.

It's an infuriating game. It's just not fun enough. I scored a beauty from long range with Kroos the other day, and I almost cried with relief at having actually done something impressive for once!

Today I played with Southampton against Stoke, on semi-pro, and it/they beat me twice in a row. I could barely string two passes together, and spent the game, like so many others, running around like a loon trying to get the ball back. Ridiculous.

Huge room for improvement, EA.
  84. Oct 30, 2013
    utter garbage, passes by passing style teams can no longer play as such and lower ranked players are just as good as renowned world class footballers, this version of fifa is a joke, i wish i could demand money back. the only plays that work are lob passes over the heads of players that magnetically land on your team mates feet; when done against you there's nothing you can do to defend.utter garbage, passes by passing style teams can no longer play as such and lower ranked players are just as good as renowned world class footballers, this version of fifa is a joke, i wish i could demand money back. the only plays that work are lob passes over the heads of players that magnetically land on your team mates feet; when done against you there's nothing you can do to defend. total crap job of coding and programming because its the only way you could play this game, same cheesy lob pass, then shoot, maybe score. the last installment of this series at least had more potential for options and plays at your disposal. Expand
  85. Oct 29, 2013
    The gameplay in FIFA 14 is terrible. it feels like the product was rushed and unfinished. There are so many bugs it's to the point where i get frustrated. Great going EA.
  86. Oct 28, 2013
    Having not played this game, I am awaiting the FIFA 14 release on PS4, EA made it clear there would be nothing major overhauled on this version as their focus is on the Next Gen of console and the new intuitive Ignite Engine, so it seems a waste of time and money if you are planning on buying the new console.
    Having read many negative reviews and seen alot of gameplay videos.
    I can come
    Having read many negative reviews and seen alot of gameplay videos.
    I can come to the assumption that while still having alot of elements from previous installments it just doesnt come up to par. AI has been dumbed down and by the looks of it the overall game has become tedious and sluggish. It is clear from animations its just a quick cash grab by EA before (hopefully) blowing us away on PS4 and Xbox One.
  87. Oct 27, 2013
    I cannot believe how pathetic this game is. Every match is predetermined. No matter which team you choose or the formations and tactics you use, FIFA decides when you or the opposition scores. Every game is about favouritism, not realism. There is no realism in this game. Players continually run away from the ball, make no attempt to challenge headers from corners, and walk over the ballI cannot believe how pathetic this game is. Every match is predetermined. No matter which team you choose or the formations and tactics you use, FIFA decides when you or the opposition scores. Every game is about favouritism, not realism. There is no realism in this game. Players continually run away from the ball, make no attempt to challenge headers from corners, and walk over the ball on purpose just so it looks you did a deliberate cut out pass. It’s pathetic how EA every year re-releases the same FIFA but ads a few more celebrations to brand it as NEW. Just rubbish, a load of rubbish. Expand
  88. Oct 27, 2013
    A pile of dog ****
    That's all that's need to be said about EAs latest instalment of FIFA.
    How can this game get one positive review just proves that as long as you got the monies your pile of **** Can get glowing review off these accomplished reviewers. Any individual that works at EA Canada must be the most incompetent ape of their field including the janitor that cleans the out of
    A pile of dog ****
    That's all that's need to be said about EAs latest instalment of FIFA.
    Can get glowing review off these accomplished reviewers.
    Any individual that works at EA Canada must be the most incompetent ape of their field including the janitor that cleans the out of the toilets...yep the same place they create their "realistic" experiences. Haha
  89. Oct 25, 2013
    Year on year FIFA has continued to innovate in order to deliver the most authentic football experience available and this year they have yet again.. And in doing so, have become the subject of much debate. Personally, I like what the guys at EA Sports are doing. Rather than standing still and making minor tweaks they are always expanding and looking to move forward. For sure, this year itYear on year FIFA has continued to innovate in order to deliver the most authentic football experience available and this year they have yet again.. And in doing so, have become the subject of much debate. Personally, I like what the guys at EA Sports are doing. Rather than standing still and making minor tweaks they are always expanding and looking to move forward. For sure, this year it can be frustrating, that goes without saying but after a while playing FIFA 14 you begin to appreciate what they're trying to achieve. 13 was another improvement and as an avid football fan I loved it. After playing the demo I wasn't overly impressed but the real thing is different. Most noticeably a players first touch can prove to be brutal or beautifu, it depends on the calibre and quality of player. The passing within FIFA is so crisp and smooth that it plays a treat. You can actually attempt to play like Barcelona. But at the same time, for example if you are playing as a lower league team, you can now play the direct, long ball football by launching the ball to your target man something that you weren't able to do in previous outings. And it shows just how much it depends on your team, the quality and the players you have at your disposal. A major improvement has also been made in the crossing department. It was always a challenge to score from open play when crossing but now it's more frequent! Defending as ever is also key. With a variety options to prevent your opponent from scoring. Arguably the most important area this year round is in midfield. That's were the battle is. There's not just a change in the gameplay but in the Career mode it's an overhaul. The introduction of the Global Transfer Network has seen the players rating system abolished! No longer can you simply search for a player based on their overall and sign them up, now it's a much more in-depth requirement before you decide upon snapping up a player. The jury is still out with regards. In terms of bringing through the youth in the career it's very helpful and it will aid you in the transfer market but at times it just seems drawn out and can be a time waster. Regardless of that, you can change it to your own choice but it doesn't stop you from enjoying FIFA at it;s free flowing best. The fun game modes are also back, this year with more added to the line up. It's always a decent alternative. Ofcourse, FIFA online is where the real action is at. Whether it's the casual one v one or a team match it's always good to test yourself against the best around the world. FIFA Ultimate Team once more delivers the goods and EA Sports are fully committed in making this as great as it possibly can. Picking and swapping players to ensure you have the best team at your disposal!

Ultimately, FIFA 14 is another step forward. Some will be frustrated but if you adjust and adapt then you will thoroughly enjoy this years outing! THankfully with next gen around the corner FIFA seems to be in really safe hands and it's exciting moving forward! Still firmly in the Champions League spots, FIFA is the best footballing experience to date.
  90. Oct 24, 2013
    First off I've played soccer video games for over twenty years and have owned at least half of the Fifa franchise games. I am disappointed with FIFA 14. Simply a good soccer game for me is one that you can't cheat or abuse. One where in order to score and win one has to develop a nice play or make a nice move etc. This was the case for fifa 12 and 13 (to me the best in the series). ThisFirst off I've played soccer video games for over twenty years and have owned at least half of the Fifa franchise games. I am disappointed with FIFA 14. Simply a good soccer game for me is one that you can't cheat or abuse. One where in order to score and win one has to develop a nice play or make a nice move etc. This was the case for fifa 12 and 13 (to me the best in the series). This year's version is a set back in that regard. Too many goofy goals, too many ways to abuse the game (pace-sprint), through ball etc. We're back to the 09-10 era. Simply it's frustrating so not a great deal of fun. The midfield is also way too crowded.

I don't blame EA. They say they were trying to push gamers to play better, develop a more realistic and elaborate style of play. They may have tried to do that, just got it wrong this time. It had to happen, one can't just get better every time.

So for prospective buyers I would say rent the game first and try fifa 13 and PES 14 at the same time and make you own opinion. Is this a decent game for first time players probably. For long time fifa fans It's a failure. Let's hope EA does better next year.
  91. Oct 23, 2013
    The whole game is pretty much broken and the graphics are the same and awful of course. As I said everything is broken and no I'm not just saying that.
  92. Oct 23, 2013
    Feel like being ripped off by EA, the kings of commercialism?

The FIFA series has only truelly been reworked in FIFA 12 with the introduction of the impact engine and disgraceful 'contain' defending. EA know "contain" defending is a source of hatred for it's faithful, it makes the game clunky and slow, forget about trying to dribble. IF you play online you'll encounter 1 type of
    Feel like being ripped off by EA, the kings of commercialism?

IF you play online you'll encounter 1 type of play, with extreme pressure, with back 5's and 1 pacey striker hitting you on the counter attack from lobbed through balls which have been a problem year after the year.

All this is, is a 'transfer' update with a new menu from the trash they released in FIFA 13.

The lack of options out there for a good football sim essential means we are stuck with this. Although for the first time in years i decided not to buy FIFA, i rented first.

Save your money, even if it breaks your heart not having a football game to play, but you will get no enjoyment out of this at all.
  93. Oct 22, 2013
    The demo looked quite good. On release it was OK, but had a few problems, such as overpowered crossing, through balls, corners, finesse shots. People abused these bugs. They said they would release a patch to correct these problems. The patch did not do this. IT DESTROYED THE GAME!! It basically became like a cheap version of FIFA 13 with zero gameplay. No fun. All scripted and set up forThe demo looked quite good. On release it was OK, but had a few problems, such as overpowered crossing, through balls, corners, finesse shots. People abused these bugs. They said they would release a patch to correct these problems. The patch did not do this. IT DESTROYED THE GAME!! It basically became like a cheap version of FIFA 13 with zero gameplay. No fun. All scripted and set up for pace abuse. It is an absolute disgrace they killed the game with these patches. Since then we have had no response from EA. It is shocking they do care about their customers. I will never buy an EA sports product again UNLESS THEY SORT THIS MESS OUT! Expand
  94. Oct 22, 2013
    I simply had to write a review as I found myself laughing at the 0's and 1's that people have put. This game is wonderful, really really ramping up the realism another notch. If you want an arcade game that plays like an arcade game, then get PES. The main issue that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these bad reviewers have is that they had learned how to beat everybody in previous FIFAs and in thisI simply had to write a review as I found myself laughing at the 0's and 1's that people have put. This game is wonderful, really really ramping up the realism another notch. If you want an arcade game that plays like an arcade game, then get PES. The main issue that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these bad reviewers have is that they had learned how to beat everybody in previous FIFAs and in this new one this methods no longer work and they have spat their dummies out. I think that expression is particularly relevant here as a huge portion of the reviewers are not old enough to remember FIFA on a console prior to the Playstation 3 or Original XBOX.

I had FIFA Soccer on the Sega Megadrive and have watched this game go from strength to strength.. There have always been the occasional banana skin from EA (FIFA 09 with the stats nerfer aka the attitude/mentality simulator from going up or down goals anyone?) but this year it has been a real breath of fresh air.

I found myself disliking this iteration in the first week of play too, because it was worse? no, because I couldn't use the tactics that I had relied on over the last 3 years to win anymore. I went from 10-0 victories in FIFA13 to 3-0 losses in 14. This years FIFA has made me relearn the beutiful game.

In addition to this, this years game has made me exclaim 'Wow! That is so much like something I saw on MOTD last night' or 'Oh my god, that was a CLASSIC Vertonghen tackle'. It now plays like real football. you have to think about how to advance. Gone has being able to pass the ball to a quick defender and sprint from one end of the pitch to another and score a laces goal from just inside the box.. It rarely happens in real life and so why should it happen in FIFA?

I am delighted with the new FIFA and have relished the challenge of re-learning the new mechanics. I have not seen a single bug with keepers letting in crosses or offsides being wrong... but hell, if I DO see it? I will be delighted that the referee or keeper has made a mistake once in a while.. because guess what? That's football. 10/10 for me.
  95. Oct 21, 2013
    The game is great. Just great.

Its different from FIFA 14. However, after a lot of crying by noobs, they released a patch to make it more like FIFA 13. But still those noobs are butt-hurt. So, IMO, EA should stick with their developers and back them up. Just focus on fixing the bugs and ignore the kids.
  96. Oct 21, 2013
    This is a terrible excuse for a football simulator. I don't even know where to begin because there are so many problems. Horrible defensive AI means you have to track every run manually. But good luck trying to pick the right player to control, since the switching in this game is awful. Your players will always take at least an extra second to respond to any command you give them.This is a terrible excuse for a football simulator. I don't even know where to begin because there are so many problems. Horrible defensive AI means you have to track every run manually. But good luck trying to pick the right player to control, since the switching in this game is awful. Your players will always take at least an extra second to respond to any command you give them. Sometimes, they won't respond at all, like when they watch a ball roll out of bounds. World class players will have difficulty controlling any pass, no matter where they are. If you are moving and trying to control a pass, forget it.

Basically, you never feel you are controlling anything that happens, and often, it seems like the game is fighting you. Seriously, stay away from this game. Far, far away.
  97. Oct 21, 2013
    It's the same game as last year with an updated rooster so you can just just stick with Fifa 13/12/11/10 so you don't have to waste money on the most evil company in the world.
  98. Oct 16, 2013
    FIFA 13 had it and FIFA 14 had it: button (controller) lag, witch makes the game unplayable,
    off-line and on-line.
    My PC is way beyond the requirements of FIFA 14.
    Haven't had a game of FIFA 14 without lag and players responding late to button actions.
  99. Oct 14, 2013
    Graphically it is a good game, and when compared with the first FIFA generation, change is evident. The game modes uneventful, and quite complete in this sense, as the whole saga. Its gameplay is painful, destroys the whole game, the games are too slow, the players seem orthopedic when they have to control the ball, the pass system is complicated, the AI defense is too rocky, do a goodGraphically it is a good game, and when compared with the first FIFA generation, change is evident. The game modes uneventful, and quite complete in this sense, as the whole saga. Its gameplay is painful, destroys the whole game, the games are too slow, the players seem orthopedic when they have to control the ball, the pass system is complicated, the AI defense is too rocky, do a good shot on goal is difficult, and if you succeed, the goalkeeper makes a good stop you, they all look international. The defense tactic, without comment, the biggest step back from the FIFA series. In a video game, the most important is the gameplay, and is a very big step back in the FIFA series, which debunks other work. In summary, good graphics, good and fun game modes, but a very bad gameplay. FIFA Best of all, it's FIFA 11, as of this saga to fallen sharply.

Now in Spanish, my native language.

Gráficamente es un buen juego, y si lo comparamos con el primer FIFA, de la generación, el cambio es evidente. Los modos de juego sin novedades, y bastante completo en este sentido, como toda la saga. Su jugabilidad es penosa, destroza todo el juego, los partidos son demasiado lentos, los jugadores parecen ortopédicos cuando tienen que controlar el balón, el sistema de pases se ha complicado, la IA de la defensa es demasiado rocosa, hacer un buen remate a portería es difícil, y si lo consigues, el portero te hace una buena parada, que parecen todos internacionales. La defensa táctica, sin comentarios, el mayor paso atrás de la saga FIFA. En un videojuego, lo mas importante es su jugabilidad, y es un paso atrás muy grande en la saga FIFA, que echa por tierra el resto del trabajo. En resumen, buenos gráficos, buenos y divertidos modos de juego, pero, una muy mala jugabilidad. El mejor FIFA de todos, es el FIFA 11, a partir de este la saga a caído en picado.
  100. Oct 14, 2013
    Well, another year another FIFA. And for me, that's another year of anger and frustration!

The (according to EA) non-existing handicap/momentum was more noticeable in FIFA 13 than ever before. I had hoped they toned it down this year, so as to not be so obvious. Sadly that is not the case. For those who are unfamiliar with momentum: Catering to the casual gamers, EA has implemented a

Sadly that is not the case.
    For those who are unfamiliar with momentum: Catering to the casual gamers, EA has implemented a system that punishes players for dominating their opponent. When certain "requirements" are met, the game will make your players slower, unresponsive, force more passing/shooting/tackling errors as to give your opponent a "fair" shot. I've never been so angry and frustrated playing a game before. I don't like losing, but it REALLY makes me mad, when the game mechanics is forcing me to concede goals just to keep the casual gamers coming back.

But enough about this "feature", let's talk a little about the gameplay:
    The good news is, that the massive pace abuse is toned down online. The bad news is, that that doesn't mean anything, since the chipped through ball is as overpowered as ever and your defenders now takes two minutes to turn around and start running. Not to mention that there's now a little delay when you switch players, where your player does NOTHING.

On the topic of player switching: How hard can it be to get this right? Even with MANUEL switching, you don't have full control of player switching. What's the point of manuel then?
    During setpieces you concede goals because the player switch system gives you the wrong player. No problem, you just switch again right? Wrong! You can't switch while the ball is in the air.

A few times each match a pass is headed towards one of your players, who just won't move! The opponent snatches the ball, and THEN you can move. Or my favorite: The player actually makes an effort to let the ball pass by him.

The refs are blind in this game. Freekicks called for practically nothing, while a defender can run behind you pulling your shirt for 30 yards, finally bringing you down and stealing the ball... Ref says "play on"?!

Heading is out of this world. This should be a good thing for me, since I enjoy wingplay. But it's just too much... Too many headers ending up in the back of the net.

I've played FIFA since 98 (the good ol' "Song 2" days and I can honestly say: FIFA 14 (and 13) is the game(s) in the series that I've had the least fun with. Online play is broken: nothing but through ball abuse and momentum deciding the matches. Offline is just not for me, so I guess I'm out of luck this year...
  101. Sep 25, 2013
    This is probably the worst Fifa game in years. The game has good modes, but the gameplay is horrible. A downgrade from Fifa 13. Sometimes change is not good, and this game is an example.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best simulation of football, but only slightly better than its predecessor. If you’re planning to buy a new console I recommend waiting for the next-gen Fifa 14. [12/2013, p.48]
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    FIFA 14 is a well done game and should keep fans interested for another season.
  3. Oct 23, 2013