6.5

1. Mar 23, 2013
    Haven't play FIFA for 3 years... I'm sure if I did this wouldn't feel so fresh, nut I haven't so it does. The thing is, even with all the options I really don't find this too deep. I seems to be all about fun factor: get to know a few controls and just have fun playing. The animation is good but I feel a wierd detachment from the game that I don't feel with NHL or NBA. I just don't feel 'in the stadium'. Although, maybe that's just how soccer is. A fun game that I'm glad I didn't pay full price for. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    Simplemente un juego supremo, inmenso, el mejor juego de futbol de la historia, con los modos Ultimate Team muy depurado, el modo Mánager muy mejorado con muchísimas mejoras, entre ellas poder fichar x cambio de un jugador, irte tu mismo cedido, poder jugar con la selección tanto como jugador como entrenador, la jugabilidad es exquisita, tan real que cuesta diferenciar la realidad con lo virtual. La tienda EASFC es un puntazo mas a favor, poder comprar cosas e ir desbloqueándolo poco a poco le da un toque de pique, encima también esta a parte la mejora en los gráficos, bastantes mejores que en Fifa 12, es un juego de fútbol que quien no lo tenga es un delito, EA enhorabuena estáis casi rozando la perfección, los únicos puntos débiles serian algunas licencias que faltan, como Napoli, Camp Nou...la Champions y la Europa League...pero en todo caso, un 9 bien merecido. Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Whilst FIFA has always been my favorite sport game, I still maintain that it doesn't need an annual release. Player and team updates to FIFA 12 would do nicely. It doesn't expand enough to be called a true sequel, it just adds a few new features and calls it a new game. FIFA 11-12 was a big leap which justified a new game, but this? Just play FIFA 12, unless you're a die hard fan, in which case, buy the game, but don't expect much difference. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    Hmmmm..well..this game looks awesome, i love the presentation, the commentary is awesome, the options are awesome, the career is nice and deep, but the game play is just so shallow...i mean the first touch is a joke..its too random instead of EA letting the player try and control the first touch like in PES 13 they have some random algorithm going on which just doesnt work.

The Ai is
    fairly good in going forward but are dumb in defense. The CPU teams are dumb as well, you'll find it quite easy if your a good player to score, if your mediocre like me you'll find semi pro / pro too easy and higher levels way too difficult. Personally this game has all the nice flashing lights in way of licensed teams , commentary , presentation etc, but the game itself will become boring after a while. I bought this and PES 13 and Ive not put down PES 13. Far superior game play...oh worried about proper teams. Download an option file takes seconds. Fifa 13 is ok, its not bad but IMO PES 13 will keep you playing longer than this. Expand
  5. Oct 10, 2012
    Maybe we expect too much from our football games lately, but that is what we do whenever the next installments comes out. FIFA 13 is not bad, I just wish in career mode we didn't have to wait ages to play from one matchday to the next.
  6. Oct 11, 2012
    When compared to FIFA 12, this game is definitely sub-par. There were few improvements made, and the things they changed were mostly for the worst. The new first touch system is extremely frustrating. I know it makes it more realistic, but I don't think it's good that the player has no control over the first touch's outcome. For something that can affect the game outcome so much, it is extremely frustrating. I was very disappointed to see that virtual pro's are gone. That was one of the parts of FIFA 12 that kept me coming back. It was fun trying to make your player as good as he could be. The reffing is still terrible. The computer almost never has fouls called on them, while if the player barely touches the AI player there is a foul. The skill games are frustrating because the controls are not sensitive enough to be able to get the precision that the games require. Another in game problem that is making me really angry right now is how EA was lazy and instead of making the AI smarter, they just make the AI's players better. The career mode is slightly better, few changes were made though. The commentary is very good, one of the few highlights of the game. I feel this year EA was very lazy. The differences between 10 and 11 or 11 and 12 were much larger than the difference between 12 and 13. Very disappointing when compared to the track record. Expand
  7. Jan 9, 2013
    NOT THAT DIFFERENT FROM 12 AND IN SOME WAYS ITS A STEP BACKWARDS BUT THIS GAME IS FUNNER and better looking get this game if u have fifa 11 or previous or else get 12 or wait for 14 ****
  8. Oct 9, 2012
    My favorite game of all time. Love the gameplay but the career mode freezing is starting to extremely piss me off. It freezes randomly in career mode when you press advance to play your next match. At first i taught it was my game but when i googled it i found out that its a problem for most people out there
  9. Apr 9, 2013
    LOL, I couldn't play this game in local multiplayer because I had a wired PS2 controller connected as Player 2 instead of a freaking Wireless PS3 controller. No, seriously, that's EXACTLY what it said, something along the lines of "You can't play with a wired controller!"

What a joke. Good thing the game was borrowed from the same friend who tried to play on my system. The rest of the
    game is not that bad but this just killed it for me.

Also, online passes? Really? That was the nail in the coffin. 0/0
  10. Mar 10, 2013
    Maybe I'm a bitter person when it comes down to FIFA games. Here in The Netherlands football/soccer is the number 1 sport. Almost every dude in my school and class plays football in real life and those dudes always talk about FIFA or CoD when talking games. And I got called n00b sometimes because I said I don't play FIFA anymore.( Only played 09 and 11. Played 12 sometimes with a friend at his house right before FIFA 13). I know FIFA for some of it's great soundtracks, announcers, commercials and fun factor. We have to give them thumbs up for that. But what kind of improvements does FIFA 13 got? From what I've played with friends, it has got some lazy ass AI that switches to AI on crack to weird ass AI. I try to pass, but my teammate gave the ball away. My defenders weren't doing their jobs and were just following the ball like it was a Sunday walk in the park. The opponents score 95% of the time via a cheap shot or because of an AI fault on your team. I know real defenders can make mistakes, but just standing there 20 meters away from the opponent aimlessly looking around is ridiculous. Jezus! That's a severe case of inconstancy. First touch: Nice concept, but in the game it's not as it can bug. Online servers...HAH!
    It's like the FIFA system relies too much on it's luck ratio by getting sixes when rolling the dice. But it never does and lands on a box where someone asks it a question, it doesn't know the answer and gets send all the way back to the start.
    But when it works the way it's suppose to work FIFA is a alright game to play. Nothing more, nothing less.
    It's loves to slap you in the face a lot and then it tries to win you back...and then slaps you again.
    If you are a hardcore soccer player or FIFA fan you'll may love it.
    But for me it's not my cup of tea and my total of 8 hours FIFA with friends weren't the best 8 hours of my life. Good soundtracks and announcers but that's it for me. Still beats Physics tests though.
    I have to find FIFA11 again. I really miss that one.
  11. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a game with a lot of issues that were not resolved by EA, good gameplay, variety of teams, online game is poor, always failing, but overall is a good game that does not bring any changes since Fifa 12.
  12. Oct 31, 2012
    I wasn't expecting a miracle from the improvements, but I still liked them.
    Attacking Intelligence: makes the AI able to do quick plays as the AI is better at offense now, I liked it because now I can play career mode as a defender as the cpu attackers do their job at attack
    The new Free Kick system: now you can run players over the ball have up to 3 fk takers, not bad too.
    Skill Games:
    each section of skill games (ex. penalties) should have had more challenges than just 4, since there are some you can complete at the first attempt.
    Fixed impact engine: no difference
    Improved passing: now you can pass to mates that are very close to you without a problem
    Virtual Pro: the online pro is only avaliable at online, meaning that you can't test him in single player, and even if accomplishments were supposed to be only online I wish it was avaliable to single player. Each time you start a career mode you can start it as a pro, meaning you can have countless pros, but I still wish some of the single player accomplishments were more about skill, and not about time (ex: 10 passes, then 50 passes, then 100 passes, etc.)
    Catalogue: makes you able to buy items (like team classical kits, kickers, career mode bonuses) and the more you level up more items are avaliable.
    Thats it, I think fifa 13 is worth buying if you didn't played fifa 12 a lot and I liked most of the improvements, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but for 1 year these improvements are good.
  13. Jul 3, 2013
  14. Oct 31, 2012
    Even better now, minor tweaks compared to FIFA 12 took this to another level. New league system in UT, imporved career development and a lowered possibility to curve the ball a little bit too easy (like in 11 or 12) makes this just a little bit better then anything I have played. If you only buy one soccer game, this is the one for sure.
  15. Oct 28, 2013
    This game does more right than it does wrong. While it is weakened by unintelligent AI, especially the user teams defense. The first touch and skill tricks are still fun to use, but catastrophic if you fail. Scoring goals always feels good as normally you really have to work for them. The collision's feel more realistic than ever. Overall the game does tend to get boring and a little tedious with all the menu hopping, but that is well outweighed by all the customisable teams, the online and offline play, while Manager and Career mode are still the best Single player features of any sports title.
    One of the better releases on this Gen of console.
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    fifa 13 its a really good game if you like soccer.
    i like the way they made the online, to creat your own club and you can invite your friends thats pretty awesome.
    the ultimate team has been growing a lot.

for me EA has made a really good job.
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing!! The franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  18. Feb 11, 2013
    What the hell was EA Sports thinking when they made this game its just so bad compared to fifa 12. Okay im not that bothered with the first touch system because i really come across it but its the brain dead AI its just so bad in defense they run out of possession and in attack they will not make runs. Also EA said they fixed the impact engine lies its probably even worse when my player gets taken out he will stay on the floor for about 10 seconds and he's not even injured. The only good thing about this game is probably the career mode were the glitches don't really come into play. Expand
  19. FRG
    Jul 24, 2013
    is way better than PES 2013,is more realistic and is more fun.Its better than any soccer game i ever played in my life,finally a good one!.Absoluty worth picking up.
  20. Oct 9, 2013
    FIFA is always a great game. However, to point out a flaw, the new tactical defending is disappointing. It makes its too easy to stay with your man on defense, greatly effecting online play. It often feels like you are playing a computer player.
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    If you played FIFA 12 do not expect many changes with FIFA 13.
    I'm an old fan of PES since the ISS, but it was from the FIFA 10 I note that EA was doing things better than Konami, who gave only small updates to their different editions and I became a fan of FIFA.
    FIFA 11 was a great leap, perfect artificial intelligence, physics, etc ... FIFA 12 extremely difficult in offline mode
    (online mode you had a lot of help from the AI when defending), but always innovating, so that justifies the $ 59.99 per year.
    FIFA 13 is not a great leap of FIFA 12 is a slight upgrade in technology, defense is no longer an impossible task (I must admit that after several days of frustration with FIFA 12, I loved the "tactical defense"!) If your first time with FIFA saga you adapt really fast.
    The career mode is the same as in FIFA 12, you do not notice a significant change. In online modes you can find more options, it's definitely the best of FIFA 13.
    I honestly expected more from EA and FIFA 13, it's a great game but I feel does not justify the $ 59.99 for the minimum improvements.
  22. Nov 12, 2012
    Fifa 13 may start well, but it falls short very soon. It fails to amaze the player, mainly because of the fact that it is yet another installment without any significant new ingredient.
    First of all, there is no AI improval. The individual career is as painful as it was in F11 and F12, with teammates failing to stay on the ball for more than 2 seconds and opposition way smarter than them.
    Playing as a team is no joy either. The CPU is just too good, and if that would be OK (it's not actually) playing against Real Madrid, it might be the case against Beerschot, too. In one way or the other, you have the some old feeling that FIFA decides who wins the game, not you.

The engine is better, somehow. The awkwardly bad physical collision engine is not as clumsy as it was in F12, leading to a more realistic feel throughout the game. Anyway, passing and the new "intelligent offense" stuff don't work at all, leading to an experience which is a lot similar to the previous ones. It remains to be said that some glitches have been fixed (most notably ball protection and some other defects).
    Defending has taken a step backwards, as it is way less effective than in FIFA12.

Overall, the presentation is worse than the previous FIFAs. You really wonder how they can suck at that, that much. The game is also very slow to load, and inner menus as well as in-game displays are silly, failing to impress in every aspect.

That being said, FIFA is a good and solid online game. Even if errors occur (like the fact that anyone now can play any online one-on-one cup), the game engine gives his best when played against others.

So, if you are playing this game in herds or online, it might be worth the 60
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One word: LAG ...and I have 40 mb of Broadband, I cant play a normal fcking online match.... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  24. Aug 20, 2013
    Oh wow what can I honestly say. This game is the best way to make you feel suicidal. Honestly. It's ridiculous. The amount of times I have 10 shots and batter down someone's goal to then concede with that certain someone's first shot, is beyond belief. I cannot stress enough that this game will make you angry. There is definitely some form of scripting here as well. The referees are BEYOND TERRIBLE and I mean that. They will give decisions that are completely and utterly wrong. For instance you can clearly get the ball in the area but no, the refs will still give a penalty and also send your man off. I gave this a 2 because I had a few brief good moments with the game, such as on Career Mode, which was, to be fair, heavily updated from Fifa 12, but is STILL not the finished article! Oh and don't get me started on how bad the defensive AI is, it's just ridiculous and to be honest I've stopped playing because otherwise I'm going to have a stroke. Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2012
    Basically there is no change in FIFA 13, and the looks of it, I think they made it worse. FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 have all the same features, all they did to make it different was to lighten up the grass and players, which might at one hand make it look bettter and at one hand even worse . All they did was update the information, and basically your paying 40$ more for updating the teams. You can get FIFA 12 for 29.99$ while this costs $59.99, and there is no difference, except it`s much lighter, and that it is updated. I had given this a 7, but now I change it to a 5. Expand
  26. Jan 10, 2013
    I expected alot from FIFA13 but it was not the game i hoped for. The first touch is really bad because always when i get the ball it goes 3 meters forward. Also the referee AI is poorly coded because they make decisions that don't make any sense! Its good that EA fixed the physics engine but its not enough.
  27. Jan 13, 2013
    The gameplay is a nice improvement from FIFA 12 version, collision engine is much better this year. This game easily could earn a 9.5 score from me, but the EA servers problems ruined the overall experience. I barely can complete a FUT offline match cause the server is always going down, and all my players contracts run out with matches that I can't finish. Several times I wasn't able to download online squads and can't play Seasons or Challenges matches, and when I play Challenges the game doesn't give XP points. So, the only game modes that I can play without problems is Career (but without earn XP), Skill Games and offline matches. EA servers screwed the experience. Expand
  28. Oct 29, 2012
    FIFA Soccer 13 the most beautiful I've ever played, compared to the previous chapter improvements everywhere in every respect, clean graphics and sharp, contrasting ever more real and stunning ball physics also comment more precise and effective. Lacking only the champions and official competitions of the UEFA and then the perfection is near. If the next chapter will be added to this there will be no challenge from other football video games. FIFA 13 the number one. fifa 13 the best ever. Congratulations !!!!! sports and it's in the game! Expand
  29. Dec 24, 2012
    It's an awful game. The first touch control is simply ridicolous, it fells like there is butter in the boot of the players. You pass the ball and either the player passes to the oponent or the other player(who receive the pass) doesn't dominate the ball. The goals always happen by some idiot mistake that would never happen in real life, like a launch that the deffender has the ball and suddenly he looses the control and the attacker grab the ball and scores. And finally, you end up with 70% of ball possession, 20 attempts to score and loose by a goal from corner kick. The better you are, the worst is your goalkeeper. Just awful. Expand

1. Nov 15, 2012
    New key features such as first touch, attacking intelligence and improved player impact engine are the cornerstones of FIFA 13. Finally, after years of waiting, the ball is really round and there is a sense of unpredictability on the field. That makes an enjoyable footy game. [Nov 2012]
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    While it does more iterating than innovating this year, FIFA stands alone atop a somewhat small heap of competition to remain the soccer game you want if you only want one soccer game.
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    If you're a die-hard fan, you likely had FIFA 13 in your sights the moment it was announced. If you've been away from the series for a few entries, there's no better time to jump back into FIFA.