6.5

1. Oct 2, 2012
    Hmmmm..well..this game looks awesome, i love the presentation, the commentary is awesome, the options are awesome, the career is nice and deep, but the game play is just so shallow...i mean the first touch is a joke..its too random instead of EA letting the player try and control the first touch like in PES 13 they have some random algorithm going on which just doesnt work.

The Ai is
    fairly good in going forward but are dumb in defense. The CPU teams are dumb as well, you'll find it quite easy if your a good player to score, if your mediocre like me you'll find semi pro / pro too easy and higher levels way too difficult. Personally this game has all the nice flashing lights in way of licensed teams , commentary , presentation etc, but the game itself will become boring after a while. I bought this and PES 13 and Ive not put down PES 13. Far superior game play...oh worried about proper teams. Download an option file takes seconds. Fifa 13 is ok, its not bad but IMO PES 13 will keep you playing longer than this. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing!! The franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    The gameplay is a nice improvement from FIFA 12 version, collision engine is much better this year. This game easily could earn a 9.5 score from me, but the EA servers problems ruined the overall experience. I barely can complete a FUT offline match cause the server is always going down, and all my players contracts run out with matches that I can't finish. Several times I wasn't able to download online squads and can't play Seasons or Challenges matches, and when I play Challenges the game doesn't give XP points. So, the only game modes that I can play without problems is Career (but without earn XP), Skill Games and offline matches. EA servers screwed the experience. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    If you played FIFA 12 do not expect many changes with FIFA 13.
    I'm an old fan of PES since the ISS, but it was from the FIFA 10 I note that EA was doing things better than Konami, who gave only small updates to their different editions and I became a fan of FIFA.
    FIFA 11 was a great leap, perfect artificial intelligence, physics, etc ... FIFA 12 extremely difficult in offline mode
    (online mode you had a lot of help from the AI when defending), but always innovating, so that justifies the $ 59.99 per year.
    FIFA 13 is not a great leap of FIFA 12 is a slight upgrade in technology, defense is no longer an impossible task (I must admit that after several days of frustration with FIFA 12, I loved the "tactical defense"!) If your first time with FIFA saga you adapt really fast.
    The career mode is the same as in FIFA 12, you do not notice a significant change. In online modes you can find more options, it's definitely the best of FIFA 13.
    I honestly expected more from EA and FIFA 13, it's a great game but I feel does not justify the $ 59.99 for the minimum improvements.
  5. Mar 23, 2013
    Haven't play FIFA for 3 years... I'm sure if I did this wouldn't feel so fresh, nut I haven't so it does. The thing is, even with all the options I really don't find this too deep. I seems to be all about fun factor: get to know a few controls and just have fun playing. The animation is good but I feel a wierd detachment from the game that I don't feel with NHL or NBA. I just don't feel 'in the stadium'. Although, maybe that's just how soccer is. A fun game that I'm glad I didn't pay full price for. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    Whilst FIFA has always been my favorite sport game, I still maintain that it doesn't need an annual release. Player and team updates to FIFA 12 would do nicely. It doesn't expand enough to be called a true sequel, it just adds a few new features and calls it a new game. FIFA 11-12 was a big leap which justified a new game, but this? Just play FIFA 12, unless you're a die hard fan, in which case, buy the game, but don't expect much difference. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2012
    Fifa 13 may start well, but it falls short very soon. It fails to amaze the player, mainly because of the fact that it is yet another installment without any significant new ingredient.
    First of all, there is no AI improval. The individual career is as painful as it was in F11 and F12, with teammates failing to stay on the ball for more than 2 seconds and opposition way smarter than them.
    Playing as a team is no joy either. The CPU is just too good, and if that would be OK (it's not actually) playing against Real Madrid, it might be the case against Beerschot, too. In one way or the other, you have the some old feeling that FIFA decides who wins the game, not you.

The engine is better, somehow. The awkwardly bad physical collision engine is not as clumsy as it was in F12, leading to a more realistic feel throughout the game. Anyway, passing and the new "intelligent offense" stuff don't work at all, leading to an experience which is a lot similar to the previous ones. It remains to be said that some glitches have been fixed (most notably ball protection and some other defects).
    Defending has taken a step backwards, as it is way less effective than in FIFA12.

Overall, the presentation is worse than the previous FIFAs. You really wonder how they can suck at that, that much. The game is also very slow to load, and inner menus as well as in-game displays are silly, failing to impress in every aspect.

That being said, FIFA is a good and solid online game. Even if errors occur (like the fact that anyone now can play any online one-on-one cup), the game engine gives his best when played against others.

So, if you are playing this game in herds or online, it might be worth the 60
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    This game does more right than it does wrong. While it is weakened by unintelligent AI, especially the user teams defense. The first touch and skill tricks are still fun to use, but catastrophic if you fail. Scoring goals always feels good as normally you really have to work for them. The collision's feel more realistic than ever. Overall the game does tend to get boring and a little tedious with all the menu hopping, but that is well outweighed by all the customisable teams, the online and offline play, while Manager and Career mode are still the best Single player features of any sports title.
    One of the better releases on this Gen of console.
  9. Oct 11, 2012
    When compared to FIFA 12, this game is definitely sub-par. There were few improvements made, and the things they changed were mostly for the worst. The new first touch system is extremely frustrating. I know it makes it more realistic, but I don't think it's good that the player has no control over the first touch's outcome. For something that can affect the game outcome so much, it is extremely frustrating. I was very disappointed to see that virtual pro's are gone. That was one of the parts of FIFA 12 that kept me coming back. It was fun trying to make your player as good as he could be. The reffing is still terrible. The computer almost never has fouls called on them, while if the player barely touches the AI player there is a foul. The skill games are frustrating because the controls are not sensitive enough to be able to get the precision that the games require. Another in game problem that is making me really angry right now is how EA was lazy and instead of making the AI smarter, they just make the AI's players better. The career mode is slightly better, few changes were made though. The commentary is very good, one of the few highlights of the game. I feel this year EA was very lazy. The differences between 10 and 11 or 11 and 12 were much larger than the difference between 12 and 13. Very disappointing when compared to the track record. Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is superb, I mainly play Career Mode. I found it much better and realistic experience than fifa11 and fifa12, game-play is much better due to first touch and AI improvement. I would've gave it a 9 HOWEVER the game keeps freezing in Career Mode all the time, on forums people say delete your save files and game files, I had to do this 3 times already and it keeps crashing and freezing.......I've lost hours of playing due to this stupid glitch. No official response yet. Expand
  11. Sep 30, 2012
    The funny thing about soccer games is that real life football can't really bother me, I myself are a dork on the real pitch but still, the new FIFA has become somewhat of a tradition. This year, I made a promise to myself not to buy the game on release, just wait until christmas time when it's half priced. But no, seen some footage, listened to some reviews and read about the first touch control, together with the even more detailed defence and I found myself, flushing away 50 euro's at the local gameshop. Three days later, there is no sorrow. It plays great again! The first touch control makes it hard to just rush past any player. Taking on the ball has to be measured out, if not, it bounces three feet further, back into the feet of your opponent. When attacking, you have to pass aroung the ball, slowly moving forward and setting up your squad for the final rush to the goal. The feeling you get if you score, is very rewarding. That's nog all though; defence is an art in this version of FIFA. Just rushing to the opponent with the ball and holding the O-button won't work, he'll just pass the ball to a other player, just before you make your move. You have to put pressure on him, just by blocking his passing options with your player and your teammates by using your r1 button. The L2 button is used, just like last year, to always face your opponent and thereby, blocking the passing options. It feels much more realistic this way, patience is needed and that is a good thing.

Is it all good then? No, of course not, the perfect game will never exist. (although ASTROIDS came close...) The first thing that comes to mind are the graphics. They are sharp, players do look alike but mainly the surroundings (stadiums, public, officials, coaches, the bench) are still very ugly to look at. I'm afraid this will last till the next-gen consoles to take it to the next (photo-realistic?) level.

Secondly, this game features so much game modes, I get the feeling it is an overload. This is a FIFA series "problem" i've never had the feeling with a FIFA game that after one year, i've actually took everything out of the game that is in it. T

Out of all these modes, for me, only the career mode, and the one-on-one online matches are important. Oh, and there is also a feature that i like, that's called, matchday. In this mode, the squads stats are transferred from real life. If Van Persie is injured, he isn't in the game, if he's out of shape, you'lle notice this in the game. Hopefully, this will mean that online, after a few months, there will be more different teams you can choose that all have their own skills. In past FIFA games, online it was either ManU, Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Bottom line; year in, year out EA proves that they make a great game better. It's a total no-brainer to buy. The game offers unlimited hours of gameplay, and everytime you start a match, you have that feeling that you have a challange awaiting for you. (actually stole this quote from gamekings.tv, but very true) Gameplay wise a 10/10 score is justified, because of graphics and the audio, that is pretty much the same as the last 4 years, I'll only give it a 9/10
  12. Oct 29, 2012
    FIFA Soccer 13 the most beautiful I've ever played, compared to the previous chapter improvements everywhere in every respect, clean graphics and sharp, contrasting ever more real and stunning ball physics also comment more precise and effective. Lacking only the champions and official competitions of the UEFA and then the perfection is near. If the next chapter will be added to this there will be no challenge from other football video games. FIFA 13 the number one. fifa 13 the best ever. Congratulations !!!!! sports and it's in the game! Expand
  13. Sep 27, 2012
    Amazing first touch.. realistic passing and shooting. realistic football and successfully player characters.. i loved it! Fifa 13 is the best sports game ever.
  14. Nov 23, 2012
    EA needs a big kick in the ass. i hope one day they can produce a **** simulation not this average action arcade with tons of bugs. but it makes fun sometimes when your game dont freeze and the momentum is on your side.
  15. Feb 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely fantastic. The tutorial mode is brilliant. Unfortunately there are occasional technical problems I get disconnected during ultimate team.
  16. Jan 23, 2013
    Simply horrible. The AI is utterly dreadful, defenders don't have a clue, if you use the 'trigger run' to make a player make a run off the ball after a pass, he keeps going until he's 20 yards offside, a bug they haven't bothered fixing since FIFA 10. Players are unresponsive, centre-backs just drift randomly out of place at times.

Why do none of these little AI failings get fixed
    every year? Because EA is a corporate monster that just churns out the same game with some shiney new features. Improving AI is not on the agenda, clearly, as the same AI, the same engine, with the same failings is used each year.

Sadly, EA have spent their time giving us "touchline updates on injuries" from "our man Geoff Shreeves" because it's a gimmick that they can put on the back of the box rather than spend time improving the AI and dynamics of the game.

FIFA 13 is even slower, clunkier, and more uncomfortable than FIFA 12, which is went downhill vastly from the slik, fluid FIFA 11. Worst installment to date, complete waste of £40 for a lazy piece of production work from the money men at EA.
  17. Nov 30, 2012
    Let me explain to you why FIFA 13 is the worst game ever. The game itself is amazing , the graphics, the sound , the atmosphere. But theres a major thing that destroys the game. It is called momentum. What that means? If you control a game online , your players will start to play worse , mistakes happen , and things that arent supposed to happen. For example right now: 7 to 1 shots on target. Twice missed an empty goal. This would never happen to me normally. Im not saying that im the best fifa player but im certainly good. This is a travisty. EA brought the momentum in to give bad players the chance to win so they will feel happy which equals in more sells. Well that was my last fifa unless they bring it out. If you dont believe me just google fifa 13 momentum and see it for yourself. Its sad that such an amazing game is ruined by the greedy publishers. Expand
  18. Sep 25, 2012
    great game better than pes in every way i'll play it for the rest of the year no stop with my friends. they solved almost every bug fifa 12 had and improved the online mode and the career mode!!
  19. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is very, very, very addictive unfortunately. I play, lose, get mad, turn off console, and then play again hoping I might not lose 3-0 again to some sucky team. But I do lose and there is nothing I can do. The CPU defenders steal the ball way too easily and you can barely dribble. Lose balls always seem to miraculously land right at the CPU, yes even in the box where try then score about 98% of the time. Te CPU is way overpowered . Fifa 13 has replayability but maybe it's just me getting my hopes up over and over. Expand
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    Competition is a good thing. It makes people want to be better than other people. This is the case for sports games. Fifa, Madden, NHL, and NBA games battle it out every year to come out on top. I'm happy to say this year belongs to Fifa. In short, Fifa 13 is an amazing outcome of competition. Graphically, the game looks great. The presentation of the stadiums and the player models look brilliant. The same can be said about the camera work in the game. The camera will often shake bringing in a level of realism. That's not the only thing that is an improvement from the previous games. The gameplay takes a turn for the best in this game. There is a new predictability engine in the game. Players will retrieve the ball based on their skill and position. Sometimes they will capture it perfectly while other times they will stumble over it. Other than that the game keeps it strategic gameplay that won fans over in Fifa 12. So what else is good? The massive amount of content in the game. There is so much to do here that it can be quite overwhelming wanting to do it all. But that's a good thing. I've enjoyed my time immensely with Fifa 13. I give it a 9.5. For the full video review, check out TheGamingSofa on youtube. Expand
  21. Apr 9, 2013
    LOL, I couldn't play this game in local multiplayer because I had a wired PS2 controller connected as Player 2 instead of a freaking Wireless PS3 controller. No, seriously, that's EXACTLY what it said, something along the lines of "You can't play with a wired controller!"

What a joke. Good thing the game was borrowed from the same friend who tried to play on my system. The rest of the
    game is not that bad but this just killed it for me.

Also, online passes? Really? That was the nail in the coffin. 0/0
  22. Sep 28, 2012
    Plainly amazing. Very enjoyable. The gameplay doesn't have major improvements, but career mode has. International addition looks cool and the skill games are also good. I just hope that the online is just as good
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One word: LAG ...and I have 40 mb of Broadband, I cant play a normal fcking online match.... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    I can't understand why people don't like this game? Fifa 11 was good, fifa 12 was a copy of 11 with a new roster, euro 2012 was a disgrace, but fifa 13 is actually good.
    It plays fluently, great passing, great first touch, which really add to better realism (hold X too long and your pass is a miss, give a pass too hard and your teammate has trouble controlling the ball with a bad first
    touch as a result, ...) Keepers do a great job (sometimes too great), good defence instead of fifa 12, pace is no longer the only key to succes.
    Ultimate team is more casual-player-friendly, easier to win coins, which makes it easier to buy better players (in previous versions you had to whore the market at 59-minute to get loads of coins or pay real money to buy gold packs). Good implementation of the season-mode.
    I think the low scores are from fifa-players who liked the fifa 11 /12 style of play (hit x and your pass is spot on, use high paced attackers and sprint from the middle to the goal, score from 30 yards with a R1-controlled shot, etc) Now you need to work to score, pass good, time your sprints and try to get past the goalie. Also the lesser team is not that boosted anymore as in fifa 12, where it was easier to win with a 74-team vs 85-team, then the other way around... Now it's more balanced.
    -1 because shots from outside the box from are mostly too easily scored, which can be a bit frustrating at times and beacuse it can only improve (fifa 14?)
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    Cara, é impressionante como os fanboys de FIFA têm inveja do PES. O BJ sempre deu notas maiores pro FIFA ( Com razão) e quando o Pro Evolution dá uma melhorada vem eles com esse discurso ignorante. Joga teu FIFA na tua e deicha que joga PES quieto senão vai tomar fora msm.
  26. Dec 24, 2012
    It's an awful game. The first touch control is simply ridicolous, it fells like there is butter in the boot of the players. You pass the ball and either the player passes to the oponent or the other player(who receive the pass) doesn't dominate the ball. The goals always happen by some idiot mistake that would never happen in real life, like a launch that the deffender has the ball and suddenly he looses the control and the attacker grab the ball and scores. And finally, you end up with 70% of ball possession, 20 attempts to score and loose by a goal from corner kick. The better you are, the worst is your goalkeeper. Just awful. Expand
  27. Oct 31, 2012
    I wasn't expecting a miracle from the improvements, but I still liked them.
    Attacking Intelligence: makes the AI able to do quick plays as the AI is better at offense now, I liked it because now I can play career mode as a defender as the cpu attackers do their job at attack
    The new Free Kick system: now you can run players over the ball have up to 3 fk takers, not bad too.
    Skill Games:
    each section of skill games (ex. penalties) should have had more challenges than just 4, since there are some you can complete at the first attempt.
    Fixed impact engine: no difference
    Improved passing: now you can pass to mates that are very close to you without a problem
    Virtual Pro: the online pro is only avaliable at online, meaning that you can't test him in single player, and even if accomplishments were supposed to be only online I wish it was avaliable to single player. Each time you start a career mode you can start it as a pro, meaning you can have countless pros, but I still wish some of the single player accomplishments were more about skill, and not about time (ex: 10 passes, then 50 passes, then 100 passes, etc.)
    Catalogue: makes you able to buy items (like team classical kits, kickers, career mode bonuses) and the more you level up more items are avaliable.
    Thats it, I think fifa 13 is worth buying if you didn't played fifa 12 a lot and I liked most of the improvements, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but for 1 year these improvements are good.
  28. Oct 18, 2012
    Basically there is no change in FIFA 13, and the looks of it, I think they made it worse. FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 have all the same features, all they did to make it different was to lighten up the grass and players, which might at one hand make it look bettter and at one hand even worse . All they did was update the information, and basically your paying 40$ more for updating the teams. You can get FIFA 12 for 29.99$ while this costs $59.99, and there is no difference, except it`s much lighter, and that it is updated. I had given this a 7, but now I change it to a 5. Expand
  29. Oct 31, 2012
    Even better now, minor tweaks compared to FIFA 12 took this to another level. New league system in UT, imporved career development and a lowered possibility to curve the ball a little bit too easy (like in 11 or 12) makes this just a little bit better then anything I have played. If you only buy one soccer game, this is the one for sure.
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    I'm a FIFA fan but I think the point of my perfect rating is to the functions of the game. It's undoubtedly the best sports game this year and of course the best football game. It's not only vast and extremely fun that can last all year. Some features are still unseen on other sports gams which makes FIFA a unique game of its kind-something that adds to its good functionality. It's not perfect that's true, neither revolutionary in contradition with thee last installment but it's a game worth buying. 9 is the ideal rating but for a fan of sports this game HAS to be 10. Collapse

1. Nov 15, 2012
    New key features such as first touch, attacking intelligence and improved player impact engine are the cornerstones of FIFA 13. Finally, after years of waiting, the ball is really round and there is a sense of unpredictability on the field. That makes an enjoyable footy game. [Nov 2012]
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    While it does more iterating than innovating this year, FIFA stands alone atop a somewhat small heap of competition to remain the soccer game you want if you only want one soccer game.
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    If you're a die-hard fan, you likely had FIFA 13 in your sights the moment it was announced. If you've been away from the series for a few entries, there's no better time to jump back into FIFA.