6.6

1. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing!! The franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly I can't get past how bad the passing is and dumb the AI is on defense. I'm not talking about the first touch feature which I like but find to be more random than realistic, but just passes going everywhere and players not getting them. The defense takes horrible position and will make wrong lines on plays. Somehow defenders can gain massive ground catch up to your guy when you've clearly beaten. I can't get over how inconsistent the game is and it is a total fun killer. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2012
    Fifa 13 sucks! The ball control is horrible and not to mention somehow every teams defense is now superb. Messi and Cristiano suck! They cant control the ball or shoot good. This game is just an embarrassment!
  4. Sep 30, 2012
    i had high expectations for fifa 13, but man this game sucks! graphics look a little bit better than fifa 12 but the control on fifa 13 is horrible! the players are running so fast that they always lose the ball. and online play dAMN its always disconnecting! ea servers suck! probably going to return this game and stick with fifa 12.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Hmmmm..well..this game looks awesome, i love the presentation, the commentary is awesome, the options are awesome, the career is nice and deep, but the game play is just so shallow...i mean the first touch is a joke..its too random instead of EA letting the player try and control the first touch like in PES 13 they have some random algorithm going on which just doesnt work.

The Ai is
    fairly good in going forward but are dumb in defense. The CPU teams are dumb as well, you'll find it quite easy if your a good player to score, if your mediocre like me you'll find semi pro / pro too easy and higher levels way too difficult. Personally this game has all the nice flashing lights in way of licensed teams , commentary , presentation etc, but the game itself will become boring after a while. I bought this and PES 13 and Ive not put down PES 13. Far superior game play...oh worried about proper teams. Download an option file takes seconds. Fifa 13 is ok, its not bad but IMO PES 13 will keep you playing longer than this. Expand
  6. Sep 30, 2012
    This game is big let down. You have no control and the first touch is horrible. it feels like the players are playing on ice. It's just horrible i'v played fifa since the beginning and this must be the worst one yet even worse then 08. When i used to play fifa 12 my heart used to pound now i'm just bored because of ping-pong passes and you only end up dizzy playing this game. It's simple, ea games have made this game for 12 year old boys, they have made it so everybody can play and it has hurt the core fans. I'm truly disappointed and now i have nothing to play. I guess i' just have to play fifa 12 or give PES a shot. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is superb, I mainly play Career Mode. I found it much better and realistic experience than fifa11 and fifa12, game-play is much better due to first touch and AI improvement. I would've gave it a 9 HOWEVER the game keeps freezing in Career Mode all the time, on forums people say delete your save files and game files, I had to do this 3 times already and it keeps crashing and freezing.......I've lost hours of playing due to this stupid glitch. No official response yet. Expand
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    great game better than pes in every way i'll play it for the rest of the year no stop with my friends. they solved almost every bug fifa 12 had and improved the online mode and the career mode!!
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    Obviously the people that are writing those biased reviews are the nimrods that like PES and can't stand that yet another year FIFA have destroyed the konami abomination. People bashing the first control engine are the same retards that were complaining about tactical defending on fifa 12, if you can't handle it, that's your fault and obviously you lack the brain cells to play a sophisticated game like this and maybe you should just play something for 3 year old babies maybe wii sports is more suitable for your skills. FIFA 13 is the best football game this year and all the sales prove it. Expand
  10. Nov 30, 2012
    Let me explain to you why FIFA 13 is the worst game ever. The game itself is amazing , the graphics, the sound , the atmosphere. But theres a major thing that destroys the game. It is called momentum. What that means? If you control a game online , your players will start to play worse , mistakes happen , and things that arent supposed to happen. For example right now: 7 to 1 shots on target. Twice missed an empty goal. This would never happen to me normally. Im not saying that im the best fifa player but im certainly good. This is a travisty. EA brought the momentum in to give bad players the chance to win so they will feel happy which equals in more sells. Well that was my last fifa unless they bring it out. If you dont believe me just google fifa 13 momentum and see it for yourself. Its sad that such an amazing game is ruined by the greedy publishers. Expand
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    Just more **** It's the same game from every year that comes repetitive after a day. You end up hating this game. After a year this game costs 5 bucks.
  12. Dec 14, 2012
    Fifa 13 is the worst game ever. It is so frustrating, it's like not even a game. There are so much bugs in this game, its unbelievable. And the connection problems are just so laggy, so bad, that sometimes you just lose connection in the middle of a game. And its not that im bad, my fut record is 118-5-16. Its the worst game ever, and it just makes me so mad, i dont even know why i play it, but i do. I know, its sad, but this game, ever since getting it, has just changed my life so negatively, that i feel depressed, honestly just because of a game like this. It sucks, its so frustrating that I dont reccomend it to anybody. Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    If you played FIFA 12 do not expect many changes with FIFA 13.
    I'm an old fan of PES since the ISS, but it was from the FIFA 10 I note that EA was doing things better than Konami, who gave only small updates to their different editions and I became a fan of FIFA.
    FIFA 11 was a great leap, perfect artificial intelligence, physics, etc ... FIFA 12 extremely difficult in offline mode
    (online mode you had a lot of help from the AI when defending), but always innovating, so that justifies the $ 59.99 per year.
    FIFA 13 is not a great leap of FIFA 12 is a slight upgrade in technology, defense is no longer an impossible task (I must admit that after several days of frustration with FIFA 12, I loved the "tactical defense"!) If your first time with FIFA saga you adapt really fast.
    The career mode is the same as in FIFA 12, you do not notice a significant change. In online modes you can find more options, it's definitely the best of FIFA 13.
    I honestly expected more from EA and FIFA 13, it's a great game but I feel does not justify the $ 59.99 for the minimum improvements.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    Plainly amazing. Very enjoyable. The gameplay doesn't have major improvements, but career mode has. International addition looks cool and the skill games are also good. I just hope that the online is just as good
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    For not being a soccer purist i had to say FIFA is good no more no less.The ball physics the graphics and the player's models are good and polished but i expected a bit more.But one thing i can promise you is the fact that you can play for hours and hours without getting bored because of the awesome online features and that's the reason why this game gets a 8 out of 10 instead of 7.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    Been looking forward to Fifa 13 for quite some time now as I've played more than 1500 games in FUT12 and won about 1000 of them. Therefore I was looking forward to a new challenge. Fifa13 is however a huuuuge disappointment and the bugs/flaws from last year has been replaced with new ones. To name a few: long distance shots no longer require skill, you just have to push the shoot button and it usually goes in like a rocket. That orgasmic feeling of hitting the top corner from far away is now gone. The goalkeepers are also sooo frustrating as they alot of times rebounds the ball straight to an attacker who scores an easy goal. First touch control is this years impact engine fail as it's just stupid the way it works. Worst thing about the game however is the gameplay itself, it's just sooo unbalanced and no fun to play at all. So far most of my opponents in FUT13 have a wall of defenders outside the box so it's basically impossible to get through. Forget about using your hard learnt skills in this game as it's of no use. Scoring goals usually comes from a rebound from the goalie, a corner, a long distance shot or a misplaced AI defender who's on his way to Mars for some reason. Those tight, intense FUT12 games are long gone as FUT13 often gets decided by some kind of fault or strange behaviour.

These are my thoughts so far and are solely based on playing FUT13.
  17. Oct 25, 2012
    I threw my controller against the wall several times playing this game, so incredibly frustrating. this is just from online FUT play, i havent even tried single player yet:
    1. every single player can blast perfect shots from 40 yards out. every game consists of just peppering the keeper from outside the box until a few go in.
    2. keepers suck and even top rated ones are always out of
    position and let stupid goals in.
    3. First touch is awful. Good teams are better and ball sticks to their feet, but lower teams cant pass worth a crap. gone are the days of beating barcelona with a 3 star team online, good luck just trying to keep possession.
    4. All defenders seem to be rated 99 in standing tackle, skills are useless as its impossible to dribble around anybody.
    5.all goals just seem like result of bullsh*t plays, either a defender does something stupid, or it autoswitches when its not supposed to, or a keeper punches a ball right to the attacker. I played over 200 games already and at first i thought i just needed to adjust, but now its clear that its much worse than fifa 12. there is not sense of excitement or clever play, its all just dumb luck and team rating.
  18. Nov 1, 2012
    Truly the WORST next-gen Fifa by far. Don't believe the hype, don't go with the professional reviewers' opinion, who clearly get paid or otherwise benefited directly by EA. The game has countless issues, both online and offline, it has tons of bugs (that will probably never be fixed because EA has proved beyond all doubts that they don't care). The gameplay is so broken, the game speed is laughable and ridiculously high, the passing system sucks, the UT servers are down very often, the new first touch controls are a joke. Everything about this game sucks. EVERYTHING. And EA simply don't care because they sold their 7 million copies. A zero is perhaps too much for this game, I wish I could give it a negative review number. I want my money back. Just go see what's happening in the EA's official forum, 90% of the people writing there are just mad an the game and EA. Worst.Fifa.ever Expand
  19. Oct 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One word: LAG ...and I have 40 mb of Broadband, I cant play a normal fcking online match.... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    Not happy with the Glitches and freezes in the ultimate team menus its ridiculous! I have to restart the game every other time I try to purchase players for the auction house. I had hope that EA would have honed in on these errors and fixed them. Will rethink buying another fifa
  21. Oct 8, 2012
    Huge disappointment. the gameplay is really slow, like everything. ball rumbles, and u wanna get it but it takes like forever for the player to move. and u cant even run normally, u can run straight but when u change direction ur player will side-step. in fifa 12 u could change direction and dribble pass DF without skills, but since ur player will side step on fifa 13 u cant do that anymore. u try to move around without using sprinting, and u will basically be "space controling". and sprinting is horrible too. its so slow that i thought my setting was messed up. i even used ronaldo, but any DF can jst catch up and looks jst toooo slow. u can actually laugh at how slow the player is running. the only reason i gave one score, is cuz of new features like challenges. Expand
  22. Nov 25, 2012
    The actual game of football presented in this game is good. Well good enough.
    So why the low rating? Simple - the game is broken. It will freeze on the startup screen numerous times, freeze in loading screens, freeze in-game, delete your progress randomly and let's not even get onto the servers.
    The pitch sometimes doesn't load, sometimes players are invisible and it is not like these
    are rare occurrences - they happen often.
    It is a joke, all of the glitches present in the last FIFA are here, as well as a huge hoard of new ones. I don't care about whatever made up tiny features they've added, they should FIX THEIR GAME. It's unacceptable.
    I'm just glad I got the game for a measly £1 due to a trade in deal, because that's all it's worth.
  23. Oct 11, 2012
    When compared to FIFA 12, this game is definitely sub-par. There were few improvements made, and the things they changed were mostly for the worst. The new first touch system is extremely frustrating. I know it makes it more realistic, but I don't think it's good that the player has no control over the first touch's outcome. For something that can affect the game outcome so much, it is extremely frustrating. I was very disappointed to see that virtual pro's are gone. That was one of the parts of FIFA 12 that kept me coming back. It was fun trying to make your player as good as he could be. The reffing is still terrible. The computer almost never has fouls called on them, while if the player barely touches the AI player there is a foul. The skill games are frustrating because the controls are not sensitive enough to be able to get the precision that the games require. Another in game problem that is making me really angry right now is how EA was lazy and instead of making the AI smarter, they just make the AI's players better. The career mode is slightly better, few changes were made though. The commentary is very good, one of the few highlights of the game. I feel this year EA was very lazy. The differences between 10 and 11 or 11 and 12 were much larger than the difference between 12 and 13. Very disappointing when compared to the track record. Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    Amazing first touch.. realistic passing and shooting. realistic football and successfully player characters.. i loved it! Fifa 13 is the best sports game ever.
  25. Nov 23, 2012
    EA needs a big kick in the ass. i hope one day they can produce a **** simulation not this average action arcade with tons of bugs. but it makes fun sometimes when your game dont freeze and the momentum is on your side.
  26. Jan 23, 2013
    Simply horrible. The AI is utterly dreadful, defenders don't have a clue, if you use the 'trigger run' to make a player make a run off the ball after a pass, he keeps going until he's 20 yards offside, a bug they haven't bothered fixing since FIFA 10. Players are unresponsive, centre-backs just drift randomly out of place at times.

Why do none of these little AI failings get fixed
    every year? Because EA is a corporate monster that just churns out the same game with some shiney new features. Improving AI is not on the agenda, clearly, as the same AI, the same engine, with the same failings is used each year.

Sadly, EA have spent their time giving us "touchline updates on injuries" from "our man Geoff Shreeves" because it's a gimmick that they can put on the back of the box rather than spend time improving the AI and dynamics of the game.

FIFA 13 is even slower, clunkier, and more uncomfortable than FIFA 12, which is went downhill vastly from the slik, fluid FIFA 11. Worst installment to date, complete waste of £40 for a lazy piece of production work from the money men at EA.
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    I can't understand why people don't like this game? Fifa 11 was good, fifa 12 was a copy of 11 with a new roster, euro 2012 was a disgrace, but fifa 13 is actually good.
    It plays fluently, great passing, great first touch, which really add to better realism (hold X too long and your pass is a miss, give a pass too hard and your teammate has trouble controlling the ball with a bad first
    touch as a result, ...) Keepers do a great job (sometimes too great), good defence instead of fifa 12, pace is no longer the only key to succes.
    Ultimate team is more casual-player-friendly, easier to win coins, which makes it easier to buy better players (in previous versions you had to whore the market at 59-minute to get loads of coins or pay real money to buy gold packs). Good implementation of the season-mode.
    I think the low scores are from fifa-players who liked the fifa 11 /12 style of play (hit x and your pass is spot on, use high paced attackers and sprint from the middle to the goal, score from 30 yards with a R1-controlled shot, etc) Now you need to work to score, pass good, time your sprints and try to get past the goalie. Also the lesser team is not that boosted anymore as in fifa 12, where it was easier to win with a 74-team vs 85-team, then the other way around... Now it's more balanced.
    -1 because shots from outside the box from are mostly too easily scored, which can be a bit frustrating at times and beacuse it can only improve (fifa 14?)
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    Trolls everywhere! No deberían dejar votar a cualquiera en una de las mejores páginas de críticas! Porque solo se dedican a trolear, insultar, y decir cosas sin fundamentos. FIFA 13 es el mejor juego de soccer hasta la fecha, cuanti y cualitativamente, le duela a quien le duela!
  29. Sep 26, 2012
    Definetly an improvement! Old mechanics get better, first touch works well an it gives great depth to gameplay. Faster than fifa12 and it's full of excitement! A certain recommendation, probably the best soccer simulation ever created!
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    Best Fifa ever. Pes is a mess compared to fifa. It is the best football game ever. It is so interesting to play in it and is worth is every penny you will pay.

1. Nov 15, 2012
    New key features such as first touch, attacking intelligence and improved player impact engine are the cornerstones of FIFA 13. Finally, after years of waiting, the ball is really round and there is a sense of unpredictability on the field. That makes an enjoyable footy game. [Nov 2012]
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    While it does more iterating than innovating this year, FIFA stands alone atop a somewhat small heap of competition to remain the soccer game you want if you only want one soccer game.
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    If you're a die-hard fan, you likely had FIFA 13 in your sights the moment it was announced. If you've been away from the series for a few entries, there's no better time to jump back into FIFA.