6.6

1. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing!! The franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly I can't get past how bad the passing is and dumb the AI is on defense. I'm not talking about the first touch feature which I like but find to be more random than realistic, but just passes going everywhere and players not getting them. The defense takes horrible position and will make wrong lines on plays. Somehow defenders can gain massive ground catch up to your guy when you've clearly beaten. I can't get over how inconsistent the game is and it is a total fun killer. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2012
    Fifa 13 sucks! The ball control is horrible and not to mention somehow every teams defense is now superb. Messi and Cristiano suck! They cant control the ball or shoot good. This game is just an embarrassment!
  4. Sep 30, 2012
    i had high expectations for fifa 13, but man this game sucks! graphics look a little bit better than fifa 12 but the control on fifa 13 is horrible! the players are running so fast that they always lose the ball. and online play dAMN its always disconnecting! ea servers suck! probably going to return this game and stick with fifa 12.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Hmmmm..well..this game looks awesome, i love the presentation, the commentary is awesome, the options are awesome, the career is nice and deep, but the game play is just so shallow...i mean the first touch is a joke..its too random instead of EA letting the player try and control the first touch like in PES 13 they have some random algorithm going on which just doesnt work.

The Ai is
    fairly good in going forward but are dumb in defense. The CPU teams are dumb as well, you'll find it quite easy if your a good player to score, if your mediocre like me you'll find semi pro / pro too easy and higher levels way too difficult. Personally this game has all the nice flashing lights in way of licensed teams , commentary , presentation etc, but the game itself will become boring after a while. I bought this and PES 13 and Ive not put down PES 13. Far superior game play...oh worried about proper teams. Download an option file takes seconds. Fifa 13 is ok, its not bad but IMO PES 13 will keep you playing longer than this. Expand
  6. Sep 30, 2012
    This game is big let down. You have no control and the first touch is horrible. it feels like the players are playing on ice. It's just horrible i'v played fifa since the beginning and this must be the worst one yet even worse then 08. When i used to play fifa 12 my heart used to pound now i'm just bored because of ping-pong passes and you only end up dizzy playing this game. It's simple, ea games have made this game for 12 year old boys, they have made it so everybody can play and it has hurt the core fans. I'm truly disappointed and now i have nothing to play. I guess i' just have to play fifa 12 or give PES a shot. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is superb, I mainly play Career Mode. I found it much better and realistic experience than fifa11 and fifa12, game-play is much better due to first touch and AI improvement. I would've gave it a 9 HOWEVER the game keeps freezing in Career Mode all the time, on forums people say delete your save files and game files, I had to do this 3 times already and it keeps crashing and freezing.......I've lost hours of playing due to this stupid glitch. No official response yet. Expand
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    great game better than pes in every way i'll play it for the rest of the year no stop with my friends. they solved almost every bug fifa 12 had and improved the online mode and the career mode!!
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    Obviously the people that are writing those biased reviews are the nimrods that like PES and can't stand that yet another year FIFA have destroyed the konami abomination. People bashing the first control engine are the same retards that were complaining about tactical defending on fifa 12, if you can't handle it, that's your fault and obviously you lack the brain cells to play a sophisticated game like this and maybe you should just play something for 3 year old babies maybe wii sports is more suitable for your skills. FIFA 13 is the best football game this year and all the sales prove it. Expand
  10. Nov 30, 2012
    Let me explain to you why FIFA 13 is the worst game ever. The game itself is amazing , the graphics, the sound , the atmosphere. But theres a major thing that destroys the game. It is called momentum. What that means? If you control a game online , your players will start to play worse , mistakes happen , and things that arent supposed to happen. For example right now: 7 to 1 shots on target. Twice missed an empty goal. This would never happen to me normally. Im not saying that im the best fifa player but im certainly good. This is a travisty. EA brought the momentum in to give bad players the chance to win so they will feel happy which equals in more sells. Well that was my last fifa unless they bring it out. If you dont believe me just google fifa 13 momentum and see it for yourself. Its sad that such an amazing game is ruined by the greedy publishers. Expand
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    Just more **** It's the same game from every year that comes repetitive after a day. You end up hating this game. After a year this game costs 5 bucks.
  12. Dec 14, 2012
    Fifa 13 is the worst game ever. It is so frustrating, it's like not even a game. There are so much bugs in this game, its unbelievable. And the connection problems are just so laggy, so bad, that sometimes you just lose connection in the middle of a game. And its not that im bad, my fut record is 118-5-16. Its the worst game ever, and it just makes me so mad, i dont even know why i play it, but i do. I know, its sad, but this game, ever since getting it, has just changed my life so negatively, that i feel depressed, honestly just because of a game like this. It sucks, its so frustrating that I dont reccomend it to anybody. Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    If you played FIFA 12 do not expect many changes with FIFA 13.
    I'm an old fan of PES since the ISS, but it was from the FIFA 10 I note that EA was doing things better than Konami, who gave only small updates to their different editions and I became a fan of FIFA.
    FIFA 11 was a great leap, perfect artificial intelligence, physics, etc ... FIFA 12 extremely difficult in offline mode
    (online mode you had a lot of help from the AI when defending), but always innovating, so that justifies the $ 59.99 per year.
    FIFA 13 is not a great leap of FIFA 12 is a slight upgrade in technology, defense is no longer an impossible task (I must admit that after several days of frustration with FIFA 12, I loved the "tactical defense"!) If your first time with FIFA saga you adapt really fast.
    The career mode is the same as in FIFA 12, you do not notice a significant change. In online modes you can find more options, it's definitely the best of FIFA 13.
    I honestly expected more from EA and FIFA 13, it's a great game but I feel does not justify the $ 59.99 for the minimum improvements.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    Plainly amazing. Very enjoyable. The gameplay doesn't have major improvements, but career mode has. International addition looks cool and the skill games are also good. I just hope that the online is just as good
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    For not being a soccer purist i had to say FIFA is good no more no less.The ball physics the graphics and the player's models are good and polished but i expected a bit more.But one thing i can promise you is the fact that you can play for hours and hours without getting bored because of the awesome online features and that's the reason why this game gets a 8 out of 10 instead of 7.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    Been looking forward to Fifa 13 for quite some time now as I've played more than 1500 games in FUT12 and won about 1000 of them. Therefore I was looking forward to a new challenge. Fifa13 is however a huuuuge disappointment and the bugs/flaws from last year has been replaced with new ones. To name a few: long distance shots no longer require skill, you just have to push the shoot button and it usually goes in like a rocket. That orgasmic feeling of hitting the top corner from far away is now gone. The goalkeepers are also sooo frustrating as they alot of times rebounds the ball straight to an attacker who scores an easy goal. First touch control is this years impact engine fail as it's just stupid the way it works. Worst thing about the game however is the gameplay itself, it's just sooo unbalanced and no fun to play at all. So far most of my opponents in FUT13 have a wall of defenders outside the box so it's basically impossible to get through. Forget about using your hard learnt skills in this game as it's of no use. Scoring goals usually comes from a rebound from the goalie, a corner, a long distance shot or a misplaced AI defender who's on his way to Mars for some reason. Those tight, intense FUT12 games are long gone as FUT13 often gets decided by some kind of fault or strange behaviour.

These are my thoughts so far and are solely based on playing FUT13.
  17. Oct 25, 2012
    I threw my controller against the wall several times playing this game, so incredibly frustrating. this is just from online FUT play, i havent even tried single player yet:
    1. every single player can blast perfect shots from 40 yards out. every game consists of just peppering the keeper from outside the box until a few go in.
    2. keepers suck and even top rated ones are always out of
    position and let stupid goals in.
    3. First touch is awful. Good teams are better and ball sticks to their feet, but lower teams cant pass worth a crap. gone are the days of beating barcelona with a 3 star team online, good luck just trying to keep possession.
    4. All defenders seem to be rated 99 in standing tackle, skills are useless as its impossible to dribble around anybody.
    5.all goals just seem like result of bullsh*t plays, either a defender does something stupid, or it autoswitches when its not supposed to, or a keeper punches a ball right to the attacker. I played over 200 games already and at first i thought i just needed to adjust, but now its clear that its much worse than fifa 12. there is not sense of excitement or clever play, its all just dumb luck and team rating.
  18. Nov 1, 2012
    Truly the WORST next-gen Fifa by far. Don't believe the hype, don't go with the professional reviewers' opinion, who clearly get paid or otherwise benefited directly by EA. The game has countless issues, both online and offline, it has tons of bugs (that will probably never be fixed because EA has proved beyond all doubts that they don't care). The gameplay is so broken, the game speed is laughable and ridiculously high, the passing system sucks, the UT servers are down very often, the new first touch controls are a joke. Everything about this game sucks. EVERYTHING. And EA simply don't care because they sold their 7 million copies. A zero is perhaps too much for this game, I wish I could give it a negative review number. I want my money back. Just go see what's happening in the EA's official forum, 90% of the people writing there are just mad an the game and EA. Worst.Fifa.ever Expand
  19. Oct 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One word: LAG ...and I have 40 mb of Broadband, I cant play a normal fcking online match.... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    Not happy with the Glitches and freezes in the ultimate team menus its ridiculous! I have to restart the game every other time I try to purchase players for the auction house. I had hope that EA would have honed in on these errors and fixed them. Will rethink buying another fifa
  21. Oct 8, 2012
    Huge disappointment. the gameplay is really slow, like everything. ball rumbles, and u wanna get it but it takes like forever for the player to move. and u cant even run normally, u can run straight but when u change direction ur player will side-step. in fifa 12 u could change direction and dribble pass DF without skills, but since ur player will side step on fifa 13 u cant do that anymore. u try to move around without using sprinting, and u will basically be "space controling". and sprinting is horrible too. its so slow that i thought my setting was messed up. i even used ronaldo, but any DF can jst catch up and looks jst toooo slow. u can actually laugh at how slow the player is running. the only reason i gave one score, is cuz of new features like challenges. Expand
  22. Nov 25, 2012
    The actual game of football presented in this game is good. Well good enough.
    So why the low rating? Simple - the game is broken. It will freeze on the startup screen numerous times, freeze in loading screens, freeze in-game, delete your progress randomly and let's not even get onto the servers.
    The pitch sometimes doesn't load, sometimes players are invisible and it is not like these
    are rare occurrences - they happen often.
    It is a joke, all of the glitches present in the last FIFA are here, as well as a huge hoard of new ones. I don't care about whatever made up tiny features they've added, they should FIX THEIR GAME. It's unacceptable.
    I'm just glad I got the game for a measly £1 due to a trade in deal, because that's all it's worth.
  23. Oct 11, 2012
    When compared to FIFA 12, this game is definitely sub-par. There were few improvements made, and the things they changed were mostly for the worst. The new first touch system is extremely frustrating. I know it makes it more realistic, but I don't think it's good that the player has no control over the first touch's outcome. For something that can affect the game outcome so much, it is extremely frustrating. I was very disappointed to see that virtual pro's are gone. That was one of the parts of FIFA 12 that kept me coming back. It was fun trying to make your player as good as he could be. The reffing is still terrible. The computer almost never has fouls called on them, while if the player barely touches the AI player there is a foul. The skill games are frustrating because the controls are not sensitive enough to be able to get the precision that the games require. Another in game problem that is making me really angry right now is how EA was lazy and instead of making the AI smarter, they just make the AI's players better. The career mode is slightly better, few changes were made though. The commentary is very good, one of the few highlights of the game. I feel this year EA was very lazy. The differences between 10 and 11 or 11 and 12 were much larger than the difference between 12 and 13. Very disappointing when compared to the track record. Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    Amazing first touch.. realistic passing and shooting. realistic football and successfully player characters.. i loved it! Fifa 13 is the best sports game ever.
  25. Nov 23, 2012
    EA needs a big kick in the ass. i hope one day they can produce a **** simulation not this average action arcade with tons of bugs. but it makes fun sometimes when your game dont freeze and the momentum is on your side.
  26. Jan 23, 2013
    Simply horrible. The AI is utterly dreadful, defenders don't have a clue, if you use the 'trigger run' to make a player make a run off the ball after a pass, he keeps going until he's 20 yards offside, a bug they haven't bothered fixing since FIFA 10. Players are unresponsive, centre-backs just drift randomly out of place at times.

Why do none of these little AI failings get fixed
    every year? Because EA is a corporate monster that just churns out the same game with some shiney new features. Improving AI is not on the agenda, clearly, as the same AI, the same engine, with the same failings is used each year.

Sadly, EA have spent their time giving us "touchline updates on injuries" from "our man Geoff Shreeves" because it's a gimmick that they can put on the back of the box rather than spend time improving the AI and dynamics of the game.

FIFA 13 is even slower, clunkier, and more uncomfortable than FIFA 12, which is went downhill vastly from the slik, fluid FIFA 11. Worst installment to date, complete waste of £40 for a lazy piece of production work from the money men at EA.
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    I can't understand why people don't like this game? Fifa 11 was good, fifa 12 was a copy of 11 with a new roster, euro 2012 was a disgrace, but fifa 13 is actually good.
    It plays fluently, great passing, great first touch, which really add to better realism (hold X too long and your pass is a miss, give a pass too hard and your teammate has trouble controlling the ball with a bad first
    touch as a result, ...) Keepers do a great job (sometimes too great), good defence instead of fifa 12, pace is no longer the only key to succes.
    Ultimate team is more casual-player-friendly, easier to win coins, which makes it easier to buy better players (in previous versions you had to whore the market at 59-minute to get loads of coins or pay real money to buy gold packs). Good implementation of the season-mode.
    I think the low scores are from fifa-players who liked the fifa 11 /12 style of play (hit x and your pass is spot on, use high paced attackers and sprint from the middle to the goal, score from 30 yards with a R1-controlled shot, etc) Now you need to work to score, pass good, time your sprints and try to get past the goalie. Also the lesser team is not that boosted anymore as in fifa 12, where it was easier to win with a 74-team vs 85-team, then the other way around... Now it's more balanced.
    -1 because shots from outside the box from are mostly too easily scored, which can be a bit frustrating at times and beacuse it can only improve (fifa 14?)
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    Trolls everywhere! No deberían dejar votar a cualquiera en una de las mejores páginas de críticas! Porque solo se dedican a trolear, insultar, y decir cosas sin fundamentos. FIFA 13 es el mejor juego de soccer hasta la fecha, cuanti y cualitativamente, le duela a quien le duela!
  29. Sep 26, 2012
    Definetly an improvement! Old mechanics get better, first touch works well an it gives great depth to gameplay. Faster than fifa12 and it's full of excitement! A certain recommendation, probably the best soccer simulation ever created!
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    Best Fifa ever. Pes is a mess compared to fifa. It is the best football game ever. It is so interesting to play in it and is worth is every penny you will pay.
  31. Sep 27, 2012
    I'm a FIFA fan but I think the point of my perfect rating is to the functions of the game. It's undoubtedly the best sports game this year and of course the best football game. It's not only vast and extremely fun that can last all year. Some features are still unseen on other sports gams which makes FIFA a unique game of its kind-something that adds to its good functionality. It's not perfect that's true, neither revolutionary in contradition with thee last installment but it's a game worth buying. 9 is the ideal rating but for a fan of sports this game HAS to be 10. Expand
  32. Oct 7, 2012
    This game is really bad,and too arcade like .Control's feel sluggish and unresponsive at times,AI on defense "WOW" are complete pylons literally staring at the sky.All games online feel the exact same including goals.I just returned this game and im glad i did.

The only thing FIFA has got is the license's,but don't get fooled by it.
  33. Nov 13, 2012
    i am a pes fan, and played pes franchise for almost a decade. however, recent pes games have been very disappointing, so i decided to switch to fifa 13 to give it a try. it was an awesome experience at the start. the game is so realistic even my roommates thought i was watching live football. i was particularly excited with the my career mode. for years i was looking for a game combining pes and fm experience together--and i got it in FIFA. However, after a while, the game start to freeze randomly. and the most annoying thing is, i can't even load my career saves. I played days to build a dynasty, and I am unable to continue to enjoy my success. The game felt like unfinished and I would give it a 10 if they fix all the issues. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2012
    The game dynamics are a little different from previous FIFA games, which may keep people interested in the game. However, the worst thing I have experience in this game is that it freezes all the time! This never happened to any other FIFA game before. I have already talked with Origin's customer service twice, and they haven't been able to fix my problem. Not to mention that they haven't offered my money back after I have asked to... if you haven't bought FIFA 13, please refrain from doing so. Stick with FIFA 12, unless EA fixes all the glitches, probably by then you will have saved a few bucks. Expand
  35. Dec 2, 2012
    Awful game. I will explain the key points which make this game terrible, I was a PES fan through and through and turned to FIFA this year as the demo was good - FIFA lasted a month before I re-bought pes. First let me explain that FIFA offline is a pretty good game when it works.

Fifa online is terrible, 8/10 matches lagged to an extend that the matches took 25-30 mins instead of 12 - I
    have had no laggy pes matches so far. Online is unrealistic and too easy. I played UT and got together a mediocre team of 80/81/82's from the BPL and ended up winning the DIV1 title on UT at my first attempt. What next? I've won everything I can do.. boring. Each match would end 10-4, 8-6, 8-8, 4-12 the game is also so buggy its almost unplayable. Freezes glitches and unable to connect 8/10 times. a rushed game just to make money which the UT shows even more Expand
  36. Jan 10, 2013
    I expected alot from FIFA13 but it was not the game i hoped for. The first touch is really bad because always when i get the ball it goes 3 meters forward. Also the referee AI is poorly coded because they make decisions that don't make any sense! Its good that EA fixed the physics engine but its not enough.
  37. Jan 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I honestly don't like it.In my opinion,FIFA 11 was the game that ruined FIFA for me...then,FIFA 12,was no so bad,i still prefer it over FIFA 13.And FIFA 13...it's just too frustrating...The opponents are too boosted,the first touch is f*****d up...It's not that im bad at it.In FIFA 10 I used to win 4-0 on legendary...
    I like FIFA 08 more...and FIFA 10 is the best FIFA in my opinion.
  38. Nov 12, 2012
    Fifa 13 may start well, but it falls short very soon. It fails to amaze the player, mainly because of the fact that it is yet another installment without any significant new ingredient.
    First of all, there is no AI improval. The individual career is as painful as it was in F11 and F12, with teammates failing to stay on the ball for more than 2 seconds and opposition way smarter than them.
    Playing as a team is no joy either. The CPU is just too good, and if that would be OK (it's not actually) playing against Real Madrid, it might be the case against Beerschot, too. In one way or the other, you have the some old feeling that FIFA decides who wins the game, not you.

The engine is better, somehow. The awkwardly bad physical collision engine is not as clumsy as it was in F12, leading to a more realistic feel throughout the game. Anyway, passing and the new "intelligent offense" stuff don't work at all, leading to an experience which is a lot similar to the previous ones. It remains to be said that some glitches have been fixed (most notably ball protection and some other defects).
    Defending has taken a step backwards, as it is way less effective than in FIFA12.

Overall, the presentation is worse than the previous FIFAs. You really wonder how they can suck at that, that much. The game is also very slow to load, and inner menus as well as in-game displays are silly, failing to impress in every aspect.

That being said, FIFA is a good and solid online game. Even if errors occur (like the fact that anyone now can play any online one-on-one cup), the game engine gives his best when played against others.

So, if you are playing this game in herds or online, it might be worth the 60
  39. Sep 30, 2012
    The funny thing about soccer games is that real life football can't really bother me, I myself are a dork on the real pitch but still, the new FIFA has become somewhat of a tradition. This year, I made a promise to myself not to buy the game on release, just wait until christmas time when it's half priced. But no, seen some footage, listened to some reviews and read about the first touch control, together with the even more detailed defence and I found myself, flushing away 50 euro's at the local gameshop. Three days later, there is no sorrow. It plays great again! The first touch control makes it hard to just rush past any player. Taking on the ball has to be measured out, if not, it bounces three feet further, back into the feet of your opponent. When attacking, you have to pass aroung the ball, slowly moving forward and setting up your squad for the final rush to the goal. The feeling you get if you score, is very rewarding. That's nog all though; defence is an art in this version of FIFA. Just rushing to the opponent with the ball and holding the O-button won't work, he'll just pass the ball to a other player, just before you make your move. You have to put pressure on him, just by blocking his passing options with your player and your teammates by using your r1 button. The L2 button is used, just like last year, to always face your opponent and thereby, blocking the passing options. It feels much more realistic this way, patience is needed and that is a good thing.

Is it all good then? No, of course not, the perfect game will never exist. (although ASTROIDS came close...) The first thing that comes to mind are the graphics. They are sharp, players do look alike but mainly the surroundings (stadiums, public, officials, coaches, the bench) are still very ugly to look at. I'm afraid this will last till the next-gen consoles to take it to the next (photo-realistic?) level.

Secondly, this game features so much game modes, I get the feeling it is an overload. This is a FIFA series "problem" i've never had the feeling with a FIFA game that after one year, i've actually took everything out of the game that is in it. T

Out of all these modes, for me, only the career mode, and the one-on-one online matches are important. Oh, and there is also a feature that i like, that's called, matchday. In this mode, the squads stats are transferred from real life. If Van Persie is injured, he isn't in the game, if he's out of shape, you'lle notice this in the game. Hopefully, this will mean that online, after a few months, there will be more different teams you can choose that all have their own skills. In past FIFA games, online it was either ManU, Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Bottom line; year in, year out EA proves that they make a great game better. It's a total no-brainer to buy. The game offers unlimited hours of gameplay, and everytime you start a match, you have that feeling that you have a challange awaiting for you. (actually stole this quote from gamekings.tv, but very true) Gameplay wise a 10/10 score is justified, because of graphics and the audio, that is pretty much the same as the last 4 years, I'll only give it a 9/10
  40. Feb 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely fantastic. The tutorial mode is brilliant. Unfortunately there are occasional technical problems I get disconnected during ultimate team.
  41. Nov 12, 2012
    Competition is a good thing. It makes people want to be better than other people. This is the case for sports games. Fifa, Madden, NHL, and NBA games battle it out every year to come out on top. I'm happy to say this year belongs to Fifa. In short, Fifa 13 is an amazing outcome of competition. Graphically, the game looks great. The presentation of the stadiums and the player models look brilliant. The same can be said about the camera work in the game. The camera will often shake bringing in a level of realism. That's not the only thing that is an improvement from the previous games. The gameplay takes a turn for the best in this game. There is a new predictability engine in the game. Players will retrieve the ball based on their skill and position. Sometimes they will capture it perfectly while other times they will stumble over it. Other than that the game keeps it strategic gameplay that won fans over in Fifa 12. So what else is good? The massive amount of content in the game. There is so much to do here that it can be quite overwhelming wanting to do it all. But that's a good thing. I've enjoyed my time immensely with Fifa 13. I give it a 9.5. For the full video review, check out TheGamingSofa on youtube. Expand
  42. Dec 24, 2012
    It's an awful game. The first touch control is simply ridicolous, it fells like there is butter in the boot of the players. You pass the ball and either the player passes to the oponent or the other player(who receive the pass) doesn't dominate the ball. The goals always happen by some idiot mistake that would never happen in real life, like a launch that the deffender has the ball and suddenly he looses the control and the attacker grab the ball and scores. And finally, you end up with 70% of ball possession, 20 attempts to score and loose by a goal from corner kick. The better you are, the worst is your goalkeeper. Just awful. Expand
  43. Oct 18, 2012
    Basically there is no change in FIFA 13, and the looks of it, I think they made it worse. FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 have all the same features, all they did to make it different was to lighten up the grass and players, which might at one hand make it look bettter and at one hand even worse . All they did was update the information, and basically your paying 40$ more for updating the teams. You can get FIFA 12 for 29.99$ while this costs $59.99, and there is no difference, except it`s much lighter, and that it is updated. I had given this a 7, but now I change it to a 5. Expand
  44. Oct 31, 2012
    Even better now, minor tweaks compared to FIFA 12 took this to another level. New league system in UT, imporved career development and a lowered possibility to curve the ball a little bit too easy (like in 11 or 12) makes this just a little bit better then anything I have played. If you only buy one soccer game, this is the one for sure.
  45. Feb 11, 2013
    What the hell was EA Sports thinking when they made this game its just so bad compared to fifa 12. Okay im not that bothered with the first touch system because i really come across it but its the brain dead AI its just so bad in defense they run out of possession and in attack they will not make runs. Also EA said they fixed the impact engine lies its probably even worse when my player gets taken out he will stay on the floor for about 10 seconds and he's not even injured. The only good thing about this game is probably the career mode were the glitches don't really come into play. Expand
  46. Sep 27, 2012
    it´s a beautiful game, more realistic and a little bit deeper than it´s predecessor, the king keeps his trone. the graphics looks great and the enviroment is very realistic....
  47. Oct 1, 2012
    FIFA 13 is a game that innovates much compared to the previous, but some details like the challenges, detailing the stages of the excellent gameplay make the best sports game of the year.
  48. Oct 12, 2012
    I don't know how this game so many positive, dishonest reviews from so many sites, if you want a real review, go to egm. this years fifa is great, it feels more like the real game than ever, but in their search for realism, ea has forgotten about one important thing; customer satisfaction. Now if you want that, don't buy this game. fifa 13 is fun to look at, feels nice scrolling through the interesting menus, but that isn't why this game was bought. You want to buy this game to PLAY it don't you? I'm afraid, it is at that most essential place where ea have failed, yet, again. If you wanna play fifa 13, grab a few buddies, or stay online. if you wanna brave it, and play the improved career mode, you may be sorely disappointed when the times comes to actually play the game. This brings us to the ultimate let down of fifa 13, the cpu. it seems ea have called in a few rocket scientists to help them develop this game, because that ball is going to find your net one way or another like a long lost lover. EVERY cpu team tries to and usually succeeds at playing like barcelona. the long balls they play'll give you plenty to curse at. your defense no matter how great talented, are a courteous lot who will gladly excuse your opponents into a plethora of space, usually at the semi circle of your 18 yard box. on the other hand, the cpu are undoubtedly T-100's in disguise as they will uproot almost any attack with their telepathic abilities. expect frustration to come hard and fast. the sliders you say? those have little effect, aside from making you feel like a chump......it feels like every year, i pick wrongly between pes and fifa. ah, fifa10.......you will always be the one. Expand
  49. Nov 2, 2012
    I only play fifa for the online play, and i have played a fair amount of games, so its kept me entertained for quite a while. But ive got bored of this game a lot quicker than the previous fifa's, they have to make a game where they can make online play about the passing, and not the fact that one player can outpace the other. Especially with ultimate team being so competitive with the taking out of single player matches, you often play the fastest team possible and end up losing. Or I may be just bad at the game. Offline play, from what i know, isn;t as bad as this, so i might be trying this in the future. Friendly games against friends are still fun to play, just as the previous fifas. Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2012
    They dumb down the First touch and the control of the ball, so you can no longer dribble the ball like a professional players but more like a 12 years old kid who just learn to play this game.
    It does give the casual gamers a better chance to score.

They did somewhat improve the shooting mechanics, as it was too easy to shoot in the predecessor. This time you can shoot with the swerve
    and often time this swerve tend to get in between post or leave you wondering what if.

I suppose of you have never watch or play football, this game would appeal to you, but two weekends ago I saw Shinji Ono pluck the ball out of a air and I said GOD, howcome not even Messi could do that in FIFA 13, then I realize it is only a game and could never ever replicate real football.
  51. Nov 24, 2012
    Always been a big fan of the fifa series but to be fair it's a big disappointment compared to 11 and 12.
    First of all fifa 13 has the worst cover out of the series, since when did they decide to become like PES.
    Second of all there's a picture of Messi in the main menu that won't disappear, and it's not only in the main menu, it covers my formation and half my squad in th team management
    window.
    EA I hope your reading this, you've disappointed me and blew my trust in you. I hope you'll up you're game for fifa 14 otherwise PES is gonna take over.
  52. Dec 16, 2012
    Fifa 13 is actually pathetic. The teams are highly underated and the gameplay is extremely delayed. I am appauled at how this game is and I will never waste my money on another Fifa game again.
  53. Dec 25, 2012
    Worst fifa ever. Ultimate team made a step backwards from last year. Wow ea increased the visuals of the menu? How much we do not need that? Maybe you can start by upgrading the search option in ultimate team (like the career mode).

You win with a 79 rated team, and get beaten with a 86 team. Nothing changed since 13. Goalkeepers are Freaking retarded, and passes work like ..... well
    don' t work at all. Crosses ALWAYS go the the far post, even if you tap it once (semi-auto).

No no, I will not buy Fifa 14.
  54. Jan 20, 2013
    fifa 13 its a really good game if you like soccer.
    i like the way they made the online, to creat your own club and you can invite your friends thats pretty awesome.
    the ultimate team has been growing a lot.

for me EA has made a really good job.
  55. Jan 21, 2013
    First of all, it's sad how most of the "professional" reviewers gave this game a high rating. The reason why I don't give this game a 0, is because it's soccer and the possibility to play with friends on- and offline. But that's it.
    I'd like to start with the most obvious fact about every game: It has to WORK properly. And it certainly does not. If someone claims this is not true is
    either one of the 5% lucky people or is just blind/stupid.
    A short example: 20 minutes left until I go to work. Ok then, let's play a online 1on1 to kill time - this is just not possible.
    Whenever I start the game, I need to connect to the EA-Servers to play online. And these servers are the worst I have ever played on in my entire life.
    You spend most of your time connecting to the Servers - even more time than actually playing the game.
    Speaking of the obvious and self-explanatory: The game keeps on freezing, the sound stops at random points, the ball becomes invisible, linesmen run over the pitch like they're on speed and more bugs keep ruining the atmosphere while playing FIFA 13.
    Forgive me for not saying so much about the singleplayer experience but I played one offline-career and it was so full of bugs and freezes that I stopped playing singleplayer after like two weeks. I coached a 2nd division club and I got fired for not winning the Cup although I finished 1st in the end. This is just frustrating.
    FIFA 13 is in my opinion all about multiplayer-experience. I've been playing the Pro-Clubs mode since FIFA 09 very emotionally and succesfully. It is really fun coaching a team of many different FIFA-players, sharing ideas about tactics and building up rivalries to other Pro Clubs from other countries or your own. My teams and me always went at least top 10 in world ranking (FIFA 10: Rank 4, FIFA 11: Rank 2) and kept it for weeks. Since FIFA 12, however, it's just not possible anymore to play decently and continuesly. And here's why.
    The passing just became RANDOM. It doesn't really matter if you push X or triangle, it's like the game decides what kind of pass it's gonna be. It doesn't matter if you push X really really short or your holding it forever, the game decides whether the pass comes short or long. World class players like Xavi or Iniesta sometimes cannot stop a 10 inch pass - the ball just jumps away sometimes. Speaking of world class: This doesnt exist anymore. You either have FIFA 13 "on your side" or not. There are still basic things you need to be good at - like vision, intelligence, positional play - but you just have no power over most of the things that happen on the pitch. I love Tiki Taka, I love the style of Barcelona. So I always have the ball like 75% of the game. My opponents cannot even get near the goal most of the time. But in FIFA 13, there always happens something random, like a non-deserved penalty or a BIG mistake by the keeper, so that the weaker can win or have a chance against the better player.
    So even if you play perfectly and 3 goals ahead, your players suddenly become slower and technically limited so the opponent still has a chance. I also experience this, when my opponent is like 3 goals ahead - my players suddenly get stronger and faster - and his weaker, slower.

This is what's called "Momentum" by many frustrated FIFA players, which most of the casual gamers don't understand and laugh about. It doesn't matter what it's called, but there just IS something that appears during a match, which "decides" which player is going to score next. A casual FIFA player will barely recognize it, because it's not noticeable in just 1-2 games a week. It's a core gamer's problem.

If you play 10 matches online with the same team, you will always have a different experience. In maybe 5 games your team will play "normal" with no huge/weird mistakes and in let's say 3 games your team just cannot do anything anymore. The easiest passes and shots just won't work anymore and your fastest players will be much slower, your most reliable scorer cannot score in an empty goal and so on. If you're lucky you can still get a tie but: "If the game wants you to lose, you're gonna lose" - That's what me and my friends say about this game. And after the game being like 3 matches "against you", then it will be like 2 matches in your favour again. Your players are much faster, you can easily pass everywhere, play with one hand and every shot ends up in a goal. And if you still fail, then you will get a ridiculous penalty - or even two. IF the game wants you to win, then you will win.

Explaining the gameplay/balancing in less words: The player himself has nearly no control over what's happening on the pitch. This is what makes FIFA easier and easier for casual gamers, so that they have a chance against the core gamers. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. And everyone who does not see this is simply a fool - or one of the casuals. DO NOT BUY!
  56. Feb 1, 2013
    Typical EA disappointment. Notwithstanding the standard server problems and constant disconnects, which never get corrected, this title gets progressively worse each year. While Ultimate Team is amazing in concept, it is underwhelming and stale in its delivery: Online play is all about pace and has a cheap arcade feel; CPU game-play is shamefully horrible. I suppose the latter might be related to EA placing less attention to CPU mode given that more money is to be made from online play. Still it nonetheless reflects EA's commitment to gimmicks over substance. Game-play in CPU mode (without the benefit of sliders in UT) is simply not fun and often characterized by what many players deem "cheating": The game is programmed so that the CPU blocks almost every shot (don't even bother with long shots); every CPU keeper is superhuman; the CPU always makes perfect tackles everywhere on the pitch; human-controlled players simply cannot take any CPU defender 1-on-1 in higher levels and forget about slide tackling; the human player will hit 3-4 posts per game; passing is a disaster; first touch and control are erratic and randomized in their feel; and, of course, the CPU becomes super-charged and cannot be stopped at the end of games. Elite players may find these complaints trivial; most of us are average in skill, however, and these cheap gimmicks, which have become more prevalent in recent years, severely undermine the quality and fun of the game. Instead of refined game-play, we get worthless Geoff Shreeves updating us on injuries and long, annoying cutaway shots that precede player substitutions. There are only so many games where you can out-shoot the CPU 20-1 (not counting blocked shots!) and lose 1-0 on a CPU goal in the 90-th minute, or play online games that are just sprint, sprint, sprint the whole time, before you reach the conclusion that the FIFA title is stale, unimaginative, and little more than an uninspired money grab by EA. Expand
  57. Oct 12, 2013
    'Cos shut up, the controls feel like you are not in control at all, the fact that it gets yearly installments just blows my mind, how can a game with so much praise feel like water running through your anus? I personally recommend SEGA Worldwide Soccer 95 for the SEGA Saturn, far superior
  58. Jan 13, 2013
    The gameplay is a nice improvement from FIFA 12 version, collision engine is much better this year. This game easily could earn a 9.5 score from me, but the EA servers problems ruined the overall experience. I barely can complete a FUT offline match cause the server is always going down, and all my players contracts run out with matches that I can't finish. Several times I wasn't able to download online squads and can't play Seasons or Challenges matches, and when I play Challenges the game doesn't give XP points. So, the only game modes that I can play without problems is Career (but without earn XP), Skill Games and offline matches. EA servers screwed the experience. Expand
  59. Mar 23, 2013
    Haven't play FIFA for 3 years... I'm sure if I did this wouldn't feel so fresh, nut I haven't so it does. The thing is, even with all the options I really don't find this too deep. I seems to be all about fun factor: get to know a few controls and just have fun playing. The animation is good but I feel a wierd detachment from the game that I don't feel with NHL or NBA. I just don't feel 'in the stadium'. Although, maybe that's just how soccer is. A fun game that I'm glad I didn't pay full price for. Expand
  60. Nov 5, 2012
    Whilst FIFA has always been my favorite sport game, I still maintain that it doesn't need an annual release. Player and team updates to FIFA 12 would do nicely. It doesn't expand enough to be called a true sequel, it just adds a few new features and calls it a new game. FIFA 11-12 was a big leap which justified a new game, but this? Just play FIFA 12, unless you're a die hard fan, in which case, buy the game, but don't expect much difference. Expand
  61. Oct 28, 2013
    This game does more right than it does wrong. While it is weakened by unintelligent AI, especially the user teams defense. The first touch and skill tricks are still fun to use, but catastrophic if you fail. Scoring goals always feels good as normally you really have to work for them. The collision's feel more realistic than ever. Overall the game does tend to get boring and a little tedious with all the menu hopping, but that is well outweighed by all the customisable teams, the online and offline play, while Manager and Career mode are still the best Single player features of any sports title.
    One of the better releases on this Gen of console.
  62. Oct 29, 2012
    FIFA Soccer 13 the most beautiful I've ever played, compared to the previous chapter improvements everywhere in every respect, clean graphics and sharp, contrasting ever more real and stunning ball physics also comment more precise and effective. Lacking only the champions and official competitions of the UEFA and then the perfection is near. If the next chapter will be added to this there will be no challenge from other football video games. FIFA 13 the number one. fifa 13 the best ever. Congratulations !!!!! sports and it's in the game! Expand
  63. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is very, very, very addictive unfortunately. I play, lose, get mad, turn off console, and then play again hoping I might not lose 3-0 again to some sucky team. But I do lose and there is nothing I can do. The CPU defenders steal the ball way too easily and you can barely dribble. Lose balls always seem to miraculously land right at the CPU, yes even in the box where try then score about 98% of the time. Te CPU is way overpowered . Fifa 13 has replayability but maybe it's just me getting my hopes up over and over. Expand
  64. Apr 9, 2013
    LOL, I couldn't play this game in local multiplayer because I had a wired PS2 controller connected as Player 2 instead of a freaking Wireless PS3 controller. No, seriously, that's EXACTLY what it said, something along the lines of "You can't play with a wired controller!"

What a joke. Good thing the game was borrowed from the same friend who tried to play on my system. The rest of the
    game is not that bad but this just killed it for me.

Also, online passes? Really? That was the nail in the coffin. 0/0
  65. Sep 27, 2012
    Cara, é impressionante como os fanboys de FIFA têm inveja do PES. O BJ sempre deu notas maiores pro FIFA ( Com razão) e quando o Pro Evolution dá uma melhorada vem eles com esse discurso ignorante. Joga teu FIFA na tua e deicha que joga PES quieto senão vai tomar fora msm.
  66. Oct 31, 2012
    I wasn't expecting a miracle from the improvements, but I still liked them.
    Attacking Intelligence: makes the AI able to do quick plays as the AI is better at offense now, I liked it because now I can play career mode as a defender as the cpu attackers do their job at attack
    The new Free Kick system: now you can run players over the ball have up to 3 fk takers, not bad too.
    Skill Games:
    each section of skill games (ex. penalties) should have had more challenges than just 4, since there are some you can complete at the first attempt.
    Fixed impact engine: no difference
    Improved passing: now you can pass to mates that are very close to you without a problem
    Virtual Pro: the online pro is only avaliable at online, meaning that you can't test him in single player, and even if accomplishments were supposed to be only online I wish it was avaliable to single player. Each time you start a career mode you can start it as a pro, meaning you can have countless pros, but I still wish some of the single player accomplishments were more about skill, and not about time (ex: 10 passes, then 50 passes, then 100 passes, etc.)
    Catalogue: makes you able to buy items (like team classical kits, kickers, career mode bonuses) and the more you level up more items are avaliable.
    Thats it, I think fifa 13 is worth buying if you didn't played fifa 12 a lot and I liked most of the improvements, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but for 1 year these improvements are good.
  67. May 16, 2013
    I had originally given this game 9 out of 10. However after 6 months the game still freezes from time to time or has weird issues (loaned players taking 2 years to return back to your team or leave the team, etc). I can't see how they haven't fix the issues after all this time! Dropping the review to 4, since when the game doesn't freeze, it's still pretty good.
  68. Oct 9, 2012
    My favorite game of all time. Love the gameplay but the career mode freezing is starting to extremely piss me off. It freezes randomly in career mode when you press advance to play your next match. At first i taught it was my game but when i googled it i found out that its a problem for most people out there
  69. Oct 10, 2012
    i'm not happy with this game . i've played over 60 games over the 2 weeks , so here's my opinion the good: tons of teams and leagues skill games , they're real fun ultimate team is the most addictive game mode on any ps3 game , especially you you use the web app or the app store app soundtrack player's recreation fluid , pacy gameplay fun FIFA points make everything easier to people willing to spend money
    The Bad:
    the passing is atrocious scoring from outside the box is too damn easy
    the first touch "improvement" is too clumsy defending is still very poor
    EA servers... c'mon ! they're embarrassing
    ultimate team (in the game or the web and iOs apps) crashes all the time
    the physics engine is almost as accurate as it is ridiculous
    every defender looks like it belongs to the NFL
    every black striker is a recreation of usain bolt , no matter how slow he is in real life
    the referees keep intercepting passes! that's just stupid GK throws....they're as likely to end up on your striker as on the other team's
    The Ugly:
    EA seems to be waiting for the next generation to start really trying to build something new
    If my brother hadn't bought this game , i would never have . having fifa 12 and buying this is like throwing away your iphone 4s just to buy an iphone 5
    this game really feels and plays worse than fifa12

keep in mind that everything i said only applies to the online modes , i have no idea if the game plays any better offline .

cheers
  70. Oct 10, 2012
    Maybe we expect too much from our football games lately, but that is what we do whenever the next installments comes out. FIFA 13 is not bad, I just wish in career mode we didn't have to wait ages to play from one matchday to the next.
  71. Mar 20, 2013
    Nothing new once again from EA, just another yearly release with nothing in the way of innovation to go along with it. It plays ok, not really any differently to '12 though if honest, yes players some times try to make more forward runs but more often than not they are a hindrance.

Online suffers even more of the rubber-banding that EA swear isn't used in making the game, yeah right.
  72. Oct 29, 2012
    Logically similar to FIFA 12, but with an improved experience thanks to the IA. People´s first impression is bad but you just have to play a few matches to see that its an excellent game, BETTER THAN PES
  73. Sep 15, 2014
    I have been playing PES 2013 and Fifa 13 over the past year as the 2014 versions of both were quite poor. So I have quite enjoyed Fifa 13, mainly playing Manager Mode and played a few games online on Seasons. I am not generally a big online player so mostly I play against the CPU. I would say that so far it's probably the best Fifa on the ps3, however if you have owned each and every one then you have probably become bored with the series by now, as we all know there is very little which changes each year. Whilst I don't expect a complete overhaul each year, it can become difficult to justify buying Fifa year in year out. After trying Fifa 14 I more or less sold it within the month - overpowered headers etc. So I picked up Fifa 13 quite cheap. If you are not too bothered about the up to date transfers it's a good way to go as it's so much more for your money compared to the latest release. And in my opinion Fifa 13 is better than Fifa 14 in terms of gameplay.

With future versions of Fifa I hope they put more depth into the gameplay. After a while it seems like you have seen everything the game has to offer, it can become predictable. You also get scripting which can be really annoying. If the CPU wants to score then sometimes there is very little you can do about it, defending is still probably under powered in comparison to attacking. The atmosphere of the game could be drastically improved, get rid of the half empty stadiums when it is an actual league or cup match. On occasion it feels like you are scripted to lose a game, no matter what you do. I still enjoy this game for the most part, playing Manager Mode. There is not the global scouting network or whatever in this version so you can see a players stats anyway before you make the purchase. The Manager Mode progresses quickly meaning not too much time between games. On the pitch not generally many problems but only slight differences between this and all the other Fifa games.

Recently played the Fifa 15 demo on ps3 and initially was on the fence. However it has grown on me a bit. Still don't know at what stage I will upgrade to ps4. Fifa 15 does seem quite different and once I had played a few games I think it generally seems like a step forward.

Overall I give Fifa 13 8.1 out of 10 (rounded to 8)
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    not disgusting however ea i hate you do not give us a broken game apart from that its a fun representative of football but do not go crazy and leap out and buy it
  75. Mar 10, 2013
    Maybe I'm a bitter person when it comes down to FIFA games. Here in The Netherlands football/soccer is the number 1 sport. Almost every dude in my school and class plays football in real life and those dudes always talk about FIFA or CoD when talking games. And I got called n00b sometimes because I said I don't play FIFA anymore.( Only played 09 and 11. Played 12 sometimes with a friend at his house right before FIFA 13). I know FIFA for some of it's great soundtracks, announcers, commercials and fun factor. We have to give them thumbs up for that. But what kind of improvements does FIFA 13 got? From what I've played with friends, it has got some lazy ass AI that switches to AI on crack to weird ass AI. I try to pass, but my teammate gave the ball away. My defenders weren't doing their jobs and were just following the ball like it was a Sunday walk in the park. The opponents score 95% of the time via a cheap shot or because of an AI fault on your team. I know real defenders can make mistakes, but just standing there 20 meters away from the opponent aimlessly looking around is ridiculous. Jezus! That's a severe case of inconstancy. First touch: Nice concept, but in the game it's not as it can bug. Online servers...HAH!
    It's like the FIFA system relies too much on it's luck ratio by getting sixes when rolling the dice. But it never does and lands on a box where someone asks it a question, it doesn't know the answer and gets send all the way back to the start.
    But when it works the way it's suppose to work FIFA is a alright game to play. Nothing more, nothing less.
    It's loves to slap you in the face a lot and then it tries to win you back...and then slaps you again.
    If you are a hardcore soccer player or FIFA fan you'll may love it.
    But for me it's not my cup of tea and my total of 8 hours FIFA with friends weren't the best 8 hours of my life. Good soundtracks and announcers but that's it for me. Still beats Physics tests though.
    I have to find FIFA11 again. I really miss that one.
  76. Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone saying this is the worst game ever really has no clue about anything soccer related and should really stop posting reviews. The first touch control added realism. In previous games, low rated players would have amazing control and touch, when in real life they don't. I like that. Playing and coaching for your national team is great. I don't know why they ever took that feature away. I'm truly disappointed with the EA servers and their customer service. I did not receive rewards from completing challenges and it's been about 3 months and EA hasn't fixed my problem. Game is much more realistic which is great. The other team plays much better than they are overall, which is aggravating. Super goalies still exist and defenders play and sprint out of their mind. Game is fun and fulfilling! Expand
  77. Jan 5, 2013
    FIFA13 is a very good game but needs to improve in some aspects. The South American championships need to be better seen and EA should invest in these championships, including then in the next edition. The faces of players who do not work at the top of football (BPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, BBVA) also need improvement.
  78. Jan 9, 2013
    NOT THAT DIFFERENT FROM 12 AND IN SOME WAYS ITS A STEP BACKWARDS BUT THIS GAME IS FUNNER and better looking get this game if u have fifa 11 or previous or else get 12 or wait for 14 ****
  79. Jan 29, 2013
    and one more thing , i played more than 3 seasons in my career and still get the pictures of the same old players though i transferred about 90 % from them . and the cinematic of goal celebration and that before any substitution can not be canceled which is very annoying and boring
  80. Feb 11, 2013
    Make no mistake. This game is not up to snuff for a 2013 game. Loyal FIFA fans, the only way FIFA will get the message is if we BOYCOTT FIFA 2014.

It is unacceptable to have this many bugs in the game, and it makes the game virtually unplayable online. I play Pro Clubs with my friends. We often experience random disconnects, despite not getting these disconnects on any other game,
    there is improper support for microphone chat, huge unexplainable lag spikes (doesn't happen at all for Blizzard games, and even they have lowered their bar), and for some reason in the Pro Clubs screen where you select your position it likes to constantly scroll down on you, making it take like 2 minutes to select the proper position when it should take only 2 seconds. Oh, and don't get me started on the main menu when you enter the game. It is the worst designed menu I have ever seen. I still haven't learned where things are, because it is so poorly designed, so I have to flip around for 5 minutes like a complete tool in order to find what I'm looking for. Smarten up, EA.

In addition, there are all these other bugs and game flaws that people have complained about. The invisible ball, the invisible player, terrible first touch control, terrible AI defense. How have you not perfected this stuff after 20 years of developing FIFA games? I can't believe how much of a failure this game is. The sad part is, this game would be an 8 or 9 without all these bugs.

Listen up FIFA fans. Don't buy FIFA 14. Then maybe they will actually fix some of these bugs.
  81. Feb 21, 2013
    played every fifa since 10 and i wont be playing 14, i dont know wether i jus didnt notice it before but the game is pointless in all honesty. my online record for fifa 12 was roughly two wins to every loss, this time ive lossed way more than ive won, why? i dont really know, the matches i lose i tend to dominate? help ea...ive jus got off the back of losing 7-3 in a match i dominated against a player who had near enough the same team as me. his de gea was unstoppable while my de gea let in 7? whats goin on? do u ever find youll play a match and nothing goes ur way and the ball bounces off ur players feet like theyre made of brick? what part of this do I control? none of it. so im jus watching the computer play the computer in effect? where has the fun n skill gone in games? now its coulourless n based on luck Expand
  82. May 20, 2013
    I've been playing fifa since years but has been really disappointed in EA.
    Especially the Handicap in the game. It's known that you get a ban when talking about it on the EA forums, but why? Can't handle the truth EA? One game i'm winning 5-1 and the next 3 games the players..Xavi or not.. can't even pass 1 meter to the player next to him. Instead the ball goes to the other side of the
    field or against the opponent who is standing in front of him. Also whether your attacker has 60 shooting or 80 shooting it doesn't matter. The guy with 60 shooting is still shooting rockets into the goal. This game has frustrated me more than any other game. The goals the opponents score can be very awkard/ridicilous. Via 2 or 3 players into your own goal or something like that is very common. Who ever thought EA that Handicap was a good thing must've been onto some liquor. I've never played a game where the worser player gets advantage. Expand
  83. Jun 3, 2013
    Good game but sometimes excellent W. a. A. Olol
  84. FRG
    Jul 24, 2013
    is way better than PES 2013,is more realistic and is more fun.Its better than any soccer game i ever played in my life,finally a good one!.Absoluty worth picking up.
  85. Jun 30, 2013
    FIFA has the best soundtrack of all games and the gameplay is getting even more real. FIFA 13 is much better than FIFA 12, the previous version was a kind of mechanized. Hope FIFA 14 gets even more real!
  86. Aug 20, 2013
    Oh wow what can I honestly say. This game is the best way to make you feel suicidal. Honestly. It's ridiculous. The amount of times I have 10 shots and batter down someone's goal to then concede with that certain someone's first shot, is beyond belief. I cannot stress enough that this game will make you angry. There is definitely some form of scripting here as well. The referees are BEYOND TERRIBLE and I mean that. They will give decisions that are completely and utterly wrong. For instance you can clearly get the ball in the area but no, the refs will still give a penalty and also send your man off. I gave this a 2 because I had a few brief good moments with the game, such as on Career Mode, which was, to be fair, heavily updated from Fifa 12, but is STILL not the finished article! Oh and don't get me started on how bad the defensive AI is, it's just ridiculous and to be honest I've stopped playing because otherwise I'm going to have a stroke. Expand
  87. Jul 3, 2013
    It is a game with a lot of issues that were not resolved by EA, good gameplay, variety of teams, online game is poor, always failing, but overall is a good game that does not bring any changes since Fifa 12.
  88. Jul 5, 2013
  89. Dec 4, 2013
    Trash. Just trash. Ball control AI was a terrible let down. I've been playing FIFA since 98 and each year the graphics get hyped, but yet again, the gameplay is a total letdown
  90. Aug 20, 2013
    If you play mostly offline as I do you will notice this game is completely different from the previous.
    If you turn down AI level you will easily win each time but with the expert level this game is almost creepy!
    Each time you score, also if you have less than 30 sec left the opposing AI will score!!
    No matter which team no matter which players, they will always draw the match.

Seriously EA?
    Even on line there are some serious issues sometimes people disconnects when they are losing and you get a match lost!!!
    Waiting for next, and hopefully better FIFA 14, I sold this one after a week of playing.
  91. Oct 9, 2013
    FIFA is always a great game. However, to point out a flaw, the new tactical defending is disappointing. It makes its too easy to stay with your man on defense, greatly effecting online play. It often feels like you are playing a computer player.
  92. Oct 22, 2013
    Don't buy this game. Waste of 60 dollars when I bought it. My first football game and probably my last. Controls are just AWFUL and your team is pretty much mentally challenged when playing against tough teams. Go buy a real ball and play with friends. You'll have more fun and it'll be cheaper. EA SUCKS.
  93. Nov 20, 2013
    Simplemente un juego supremo, inmenso, el mejor juego de futbol de la historia, con los modos Ultimate Team muy depurado, el modo Mánager muy mejorado con muchísimas mejoras, entre ellas poder fichar x cambio de un jugador, irte tu mismo cedido, poder jugar con la selección tanto como jugador como entrenador, la jugabilidad es exquisita, tan real que cuesta diferenciar la realidad con lo virtual. La tienda EASFC es un puntazo mas a favor, poder comprar cosas e ir desbloqueándolo poco a poco le da un toque de pique, encima también esta a parte la mejora en los gráficos, bastantes mejores que en Fifa 12, es un juego de fútbol que quien no lo tenga es un delito, EA enhorabuena estáis casi rozando la perfección, los únicos puntos débiles serian algunas licencias que faltan, como Napoli, Camp Nou...la Champions y la Europa League...pero en todo caso, un 9 bien merecido. Expand
  94. May 30, 2014
    EA has done spectacularly with FIFA 13. The graphics are breath taking and the commentary is immersive. I love game modes such as ultimate team and pro clubs. This game has a nice social aspect to it. Very good game!
  95. May 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am writing Soccer Showcase Review as I can’t forget the moment which I have spent there. They really made life and fulfill my ambition comes true. I am a die-hard fan of Football and really want to play with big football clubs in order to get name and fame. I joined Elite Training Academy with the similar aim, trained well, groomed my skills and at last got noticed by the coach of one professional club who offered me to join them and play matches for them. Expand
  96. Nov 25, 2012
    The actual game of football presented in this game is good. Well good enough.
    are rare occurrences - they happen often.

1. Nov 15, 2012
    New key features such as first touch, attacking intelligence and improved player impact engine are the cornerstones of FIFA 13. Finally, after years of waiting, the ball is really round and there is a sense of unpredictability on the field. That makes an enjoyable footy game. [Nov 2012]
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    While it does more iterating than innovating this year, FIFA stands alone atop a somewhat small heap of competition to remain the soccer game you want if you only want one soccer game.
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    If you're a die-hard fan, you likely had FIFA 13 in your sights the moment it was announced. If you've been away from the series for a few entries, there's no better time to jump back into FIFA.