7.3

1. Mar 2, 2011
    This is the best Fight Night game in quite a few years. The story mode, although short is a lot of fun, and allows you to use mulitple fighting styles. I like that the game play is more fluent and much more user friendly then the previous installment (round 4). If you are a fan of boxing or earlier Fight Night games then this is a must have title.
  2. Mar 5, 2011
    Its not perfect, the gaming experience is still based on the previous Fight Night incarnations, but the revamped visuals are enough to elevate this title from mere computer game to breathtaking media product. There is certainly nothing wrong with the Fight Night formula but I get the feeling that they are still missing a key element when recreating the personality of boxing. However my criticisms are very harsh and the new Champion mode has been a long time coming for sure. 91/100 Expand
  3. Mar 15, 2011
    I have owned Fight Night Round 3, Round 4, and now Champion. In my opinion, I think Champion is the best fight night in the series as of yet. The Spectrum control is very nice. It allows you to be able to throw combos very quickly but yet, you have to fight smart because you don't want to drain your stamina. The way they changed the blocking is very nice. You don't have to push up or down to block head or body on your own, which is nice because people used to spam your body or head and this would be very stressful. Another words, this is more noob friendly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Punches can still get through even though your trying to block all day. The online is silking smooth, never disconnected in my 40 online fights. Great buy, go for it! Expand
  4. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best boxing sim game ever.

Champion mode takes the role of Andre Bishop and his story from rise to fall and getting back up again. The story was made by a well known writer and it did not disappoint. Although it seems that the story maybe predictable ,but the plot overall is awesome. Legacy mode is like FNR4 but adds some new features like amateur fights and new trainings. The trainings however to some maybe frustrating at times. Online is where FNC shines with online gyms , Online word championship , and rivalries you will never get tired of FNC.

This is a must buy although expect some DLC mid march.
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    The only complaint I have about this game is the announcers. After 5 rounds they start saying the same thing over and over. But other then that, you would be hard pressed to find a better boxing simulation. The graphcis are amazing, the gameplay is simpler and champion mode is awsome. Any boxing fan should love this one.
  6. Apr 20, 2011
    Ok, so I've played a few fight games in my day, and this is the most balanced game out there....which for some people will be a plus and others will hate it...because you actually have to box. The analog controls are amazing, and playing this game with friends a lot of fun. Now that the game has been out for a couple months it's the perfect time to pick it up for a discount, making it an even better value...If you can get it for 30 to 50% off retail (yes that's possible) don't hesitate to pick it up. Enjoy Expand
  7. Jul 14, 2011
    I heard that this game was going to be much darker than Fight Night Round 4, and I thought it wasn't going to be good. But I have to say I love it and I think its the best Fight Night game.
  8. Jan 7, 2012
    The best Fight Night title to date. I would even go as far as saying the best sports game of the year. The graphics are superb, the sounds in and out of the ring are great, and the gameplay is better than ever. The story mode is great fun and I enjoyed every second of it. The online is deep and can become addictive. A must-own title for boxing fans.
  9. Dec 28, 2012
    Online is excellent. Solo is great. I still play this today. The wealth of options ensures you can manipulate the flow of the game to how you want it, which requires some trial and error, but stick with it, it's worth it. There are glitches, like the game remembers a button press in the menu screen from five seconds before and can sometimes leave you going into a fight ill prepared. Still, I gave a nine, so I must like it! Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2011
    I've been a fan of the series since FNR3, and after the last installment I was a little puzzled to learn the control scheme was going back to buttons (especially after the jump from buttons to the analogue stick in FNR4 which I got used to).

The demo was also a little lacklustre, so I wasn't expecting much from this, but after picking it up and playing it I am really pleased with the game
    and pretty surpised at how good the 'Champion' mode actually is. Sure it's filled with every boxing movie cliche ever, but its actually pretty entertaining to play through, and feels a lot like watching a movie. The other modes are all pretty tight and similar to previous installments, so no comment there.

Reasons for a 7:
    + Great new 'champion' story mode
    + Control scheme good for fans of FNR3 and 4
    + Brilliant graphics and fast paced boxing
    - Same old outdated announcers and sound bytes
    - In game training exercises mundane and annoying at times
    - Recycled game engine (FNR4)

1. For a generation weaned on Rocky movies Fight Night Champion is the ultimate boxing experience. It sounds like a throwaway sentence, really. A platitude you toss at an otherwise good game to get the hard work out of the way. It's completely true though... What's particularly clever about Champion Mode is the way it pulls strings in the background to heighten the tension. During the fights throughout the story you might find yourself nursing a broken hand, or suddenly at the mercy of a bent referee or a desk full of bribed judges. Champion Mode will uppercut you with surprises like these, ones that require you to adjust the way you're fighting, across its duration. Champion Mode is bold, different and we absolutely want more of it. [May 2011 p.70]
  2. May 24, 2011
    Stunning visuals and a great champion mode make Fight Night Champion the best game in the series.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    Yet again a great boxing game in the series. Boring training routines and irritating load times keep it from the higher grades.